Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:30 pm

Post by Beefster »

In post 198, Kotoko Utsugi wrote:
In post 197, Kotoko Utsugi wrote:
In post 195, Beefster wrote:I just don't like how he latched onto the dumbest possible reasons.
Were his reasons in the other game more solid and concise than this?
Rather, were they not dumb (I guess? Not sure how to phrase this but you get the point I think)
The simple answer is yes, but I don't want to get hung up on meta.

His first two (three?) wagons were wrong, but he eventually figured everything out and won in LyLo.
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
Kotoko Utsugi
Kotoko Utsugi
Goon
Kotoko Utsugi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:31 pm

Post by Kotoko Utsugi »

So assuming the differing gametype is a plausible reason for his change in playstyle the dumb reasons for voting you are all you have, right?

Idk I just think OMGUS might not be the strongest because im getting tvt vibes super hard
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:32 pm

Post by Mathdino »

you'll find that my townhunting is significantly more accurate than my scumhunting
and my bet is that if you compare the random reasons i townread people in the two games, you might find a very similar thinking pattern
i often townread the town's biggest suspects and make my own suspects

anyway gimme reads other than me pls
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:34 pm

Post by Beefster »

In post 196, davesaz wrote:
In post 190, Mathdino wrote: Multiball is weird and given the masons/monks, full reads are anti-town.
Another misconception.
The mason/monk mechanic can't help with generic town/scum, but it does help with not mafia / not werewolf reads. In that sense having reasons for townreads isn't strictly anti-town.
I usually scumread incorrect mechanics advice from other players, though TBH it's probably more likely that town makes those kinds of mistakes purely based on their greater numbers.
I agree with this post. Remember that anyone can be wrong and in multiball
everyone
is genuinely scumhunting. It's just the scum will be
selectively
scumhunting and is doing so for a different purpose.
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:35 pm

Post by Beefster »

@mathdino: I townread dave, scumlean momo, wtfread Jay, and that's all I can remember off the top of my head.
Get to know a meat boy
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:39 pm

Post by davesaz »

Jay is posting but not saying anything relevant and seems to be avoiding the actual discussion topics, lean scum.
Kotoko seems to be trying to get reads, weak town but keeping an eye on whether it's leading questions.
I skimmed Mathdino too much and therefore didn't get an alignment feel. Gonna need to look again.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Kotoko Utsugi
Kotoko Utsugi
Goon
Kotoko Utsugi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:40 pm

Post by Kotoko Utsugi »

In post 206, davesaz wrote:Kotoko seems to be trying to get reads, weak town but keeping an eye on whether it's leading questions.
tbf I am trying to dismantle a tvt so Ill fully admit to leading questions
JaydragonKing
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:42 pm

Post by JaydragonKing »

"Wtfread" me, huh? lol. The hell does that even mean, Beef?

And if you want me to contribute Dave, ask me a question, because I'm currently looking for an opening in the conversation or a slight oddity to point out that interests me.
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:44 pm

Post by Beefster »

In post 208, JaydragonKing wrote:"Wtfread" me, huh? lol. The hell does that even mean, Beef?
It means what you think. It's so null it's super null. It's what the fuck null. I literally do not know how to make sense of your posts, though if I'm leaning at all, I would lean scum. It's too early to tell. You might just be the shitposting type.
Get to know a meat boy
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:45 pm

Post by Beefster »

KU is probably town.
Get to know a meat boy
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:46 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 210, Beefster wrote:KU is probably town.
#goodposting
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:56 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 140, JaydragonKing wrote: I'd be up for a Beef Lynch, I guess.

--- Post Edit ---

Welp, convinced me completely.

VOTE: Beefster
What about 138 did you like?
Is this a real scumread? You didn't seem to have any opinion before this. Any thoughts on what Beefster has posted more recently?

Spoiler:
It's only fair that I say what I think in conjunction with the Beef wagon. I'm ambivalent on Beefster at that point and think that wagons serve a purpose regardless of the alignment of the target -- obviously scum is better. I have noticed the Dino/Beef discussion but I'm tired right now and would rather do my deep thinking later.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
JaydragonKing
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:10 pm

Post by JaydragonKing »

I was kinda hoping you wouldn't ask me a question about my past thoughts, and instead give me a question to have new thoughts about.

Well I did say to ask me anything.

What I'm currently seeing is a guy going mainly for counterplay against Mathdino while throwing his previous "gut town read" of you there as well to have you on his side, Dave.

Is that scummy to me? Yes. But I'm not seeing a particular alignment on either side... I do think Math and Beef are on opposing teams, however. Never grouping the two of them together. (And by teams, I don't inherently mean just scum teams, but Monks and Mason's as well.)
JaydragonKing
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:12 pm

Post by JaydragonKing »

I also just realized I ignored what you said about 138 and went on a completely different tangent with only the second part of your question in mind.

So sleepy. It's past Midnight. Time to sleep.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:15 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 213, JaydragonKing wrote:And by teams, I don't inherently mean just scum teams, but Monks and Mason's as well.
Don't speculate about this. We could just as easily be monks/masons throwing off scum by analysing early wagons or some shit. "Bussing" if you will. And you know that's not only something I would do, but something I'd allude to doing.

I'm comfortable seeing where this wagon goes.
momo
momo
Mafia Scum
momo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:36 am

Post by momo »

In the game mentioned with jay, pretty sure he tried scum hunting... not successfully but attempts were made... I don’t see that..I see reactive play not agressive..this seems more like scum setting themselves up to deflect questions rather than town ready to accept attack.

Beefster’s frustration seems a bit fake..what do y’all think

Dave is fed town read due to small nuances in his play...(neutrally posing questions instead of neutrally deflecting)
Transcend
-BUT READING MOMO I FEEL LIKE HE IS THE PLAYER THAT IF HE GOT PRESSURED AS TOWN HE WULD BE LIKE FUCK YALL AND MOVE ON WITH WHATEVER ELSE HE WAS DOING
Boonskies
- Like, Momo is the most mislynchable player on all of mafiascum right now. I'm not day 1 lynching him.
TheGoldenParadox
As it stands, momo is a great player or maybe the most mislynchable player on the site right now
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:06 am

Post by Raya36 »

Jay's play was confusing me so I did a quick meta dive. Their play seems to be closest to the town play I saw in a few of their games. They seem a lot more relaxed as town whereas as scum they seem to be a little more tryhardy and not as relaxed and fluffy. I'll give a slight town lean but I'm still going to keep an eye on them since I find their play really hard to read.
In post 22, momo wrote:VOTE: jaydragonking

voting the same person as the person above you in rvs....rookie mistake
Is this actually a thing or a joke?

I was going to say an early townlean on Momo as well until . How is thay even reasonable to get a scumread over. was weird too. "True, that wasn't scummy; this is a good place for a wagon anyway; this thing is scummy; unvotes"
I am getting townvibes the rest of his play though.

I think I feel fairly good about Moz being town so far.

Scumlean on Beef.
In post 112, momo wrote:I feel like rayaś excuse seems legit.......around this time would be midterms for high school students, right (mid january)
That's right. (Meant exam month not exam week though.) This is my last week before my exams. Next week I have a week long process exam and three more exams the week after as well as 4 or so tests and a project the next couple weeks. Luckily mafiascum will probably be my go-to spot for study breaks.

Early townlean on Math. I liked his entrance post.

Semi-sheeping Math. I got the gut scumlean on Beef earlier for posting so much of nothing but I also really like Math's analysis on him.
And his reactions pretty much confirmed this... the "I'm going to OMGUS and I don't care what you think" is coming across a lot like he really does care and wants us to think he's town for him not caring. I also don't like how he keeps calling Math's push dumb and a reach but he never directly quotes anything and explains why it's dumb/reachy.
VOTE: Beef

L-1
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:19 am

Post by numberQ »

Vote Count (1.5)

Almost50 [0]

Archwing [1]
mozamis
Assemblerotws [1]
davesaz, Kotoko Utsugi
:right:
[L-1]
Beefster [6]
Mathdino, momo, JaydragonKing, Almost50, talon152, Raya36
davesaz [0]

Dunnstral [1]
Assemblerotws
JaydragonKing [0]

Kotoko Utsugi [0]

Mathdino [1]
Beefster
momo [0]

mozamis [0]

Raya36 [0]

talon152 [0]

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Not Voting:
Archwing, Dunnstral
Deadline:
(expired on 2018-01-27 17:48:59)
Hey!
JaydragonKing
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:23 am

Post by JaydragonKing »

I do scum hunt, Momo, I just still suck at it, and it takes multiple people to even tear out a readlist from me. I am also contributing still, and NOT letting my vote go to waste. I'm less of a Policy Lynch already.

It's been mentioned quite a bit, but you seriously are more paranoid then usual. Is it because it's Multiball or something?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:28 am

Post by davesaz »

Beefster might indeed be scum. His posting seems to not be very well-rounded. The post about
selectively scumhunting
would be ironic if he's scum, because that kinda seems to be what he's doing.
Archwing
Archwing
Mafia Scum
Archwing
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:55 am

Post by Archwing »

Okay, I'm gonna put off reading some literary works from
Aristophanes
Aristotle, and read this shitshow of a thread. Expect an update from me soon. I may just reply to things as I read them in time, so apologies if it comes out discombobulated.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:57 am

Post by davesaz »

If Beef is town, talon and Raya look the most opportunistic of the people on the wagon.
Archwing
Archwing
Mafia Scum
Archwing
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:58 am

Post by Archwing »

In post 50, mozamis wrote:
In post 38, Almost50 wrote:
You can't possibly do all that simultaneously when you're only a Capricorn! Only a GEMINI can do that kind of multitasking with any efficiency! :P
almost looks same as was when he was town.
so early provisional town read.
In post 53, mozamis wrote:ok no onelooks particularly scummy so far, so lurker vote
VOTE: dunnstral
In post 54, mozamis wrote:
In post 52, JaydragonKing wrote:There's never to much Role-play, Archie.

Into the Volcano with you!
total 180 from me, but he is probably town.
Moz, Almost, jay town.
Early town lean on Moz with this, and his style of posting.... wary to not let past meta influence me too much though. I don't like to rely on that.

pedit; Beef is at l-1... please no one hammer right now while I catch up!
Archwing
Archwing
Mafia Scum
Archwing
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:01 am

Post by Archwing »

In post 68, momo wrote:scum would NOT play this nonchalantly...i don't thinks so at least
wifooommmmm.

I don't like momo up to here. Never played with them, and from people who have, they seem to be the "if I scumread them, they're town" kinda person, which makes me sad, but meh. I have a scumread on them nonetheless.

Return to “Completed Open Games”