Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:27 am

Post by Mathdino »

In post 999, skitter30 wrote:Btw, sky, if you're ever interested in hydra-ing, lmk, I think it could be fun :)
THE WALLLLLLLLLLLLLS

THE WALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLS
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:26 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1000, Mathdino wrote:
In post 999, skitter30 wrote:Btw, sky, if you're ever interested in hydra-ing, lmk, I think it could be fun :)
THE WALLLLLLLLLLLLLS

THE WALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLS
Yeah, idk how to be shorter lol. I try, but I always feel like I have a lot of things to say.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:30 am

Post by Mathdino »

just meming

i rarely read through your walls and think "wow all of this could've been tl;dr'd as 2 sentences" like i get with mastina walls

i guess there could be an argument to be made that not everything needs saying, but that's a different thing altogether (and certainly not my expertise :P)
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:55 am

Post by skitter30 »

Yeah, I try to be as concise as possible but often I'm like building up an argument and I need to bring in a bunch of things that aren't immediately relevant to show my point.

When I can tldr I do though.

And believe it or not, I actually don't put everything I'm thinking in thread :)
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:04 am

Post by the worst »

My goal in life is to systematically eat all wall posters

You're not on the list, your walls are like pretty well written and insightful imo
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:46 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Ah, finally home again!

So let's see. First of all, thanks everybody for the game, and thanks Viomi for running it.

For the main part of this game I have been preparing to move house and that has impacted my availability significantly; I'm moving across two states and there's a lot more to organise than I thought. I nearly dropped out on day 1 because of my low attendance but was able to wall post enough to feel that I should stick at it.

I was paranoid Skitter was going to see I was scum right away because we have a very similiar playstyle and I thought she would know something was up right away; she actually picked it up early day 2 when she started questioning me about me mentioning Kop - from there I tried to sweep it under the carpet but got caught on a lie and if she'd pushed it then probably I would have been dead. However it seemed that the only people reading our walls were Skitter and myself so we had a hard time persuading anybody to do anything. I thought she was possibly scum with Icon and that was my actual push on day 2 until Beefster sheeped me and couldn't remember why he had, and I thought, ok, this guy really is flailing scum. When he flipped town I was ??? so fortunately Spring was able to join the game, read through and go 'scum 1, scum 2' and shot the pigeon. My reads were way off - I thought the scum team was Skitter and Icon by this stage.

So I approached trying to get this out of Skitter - while she was not explicitly scum reading Icon, she was also not explicitly town reading him either. Meanwhile Icon was getting very close to accurate reads (and was the first person to solve the game, I believe), and it was inevitable these two would eventually townblock each other, so I was doing everything in my power to avoid this from happening, specifically, I stopped responding to Skitter's points and was trying to highlight to other players (such as GiF/Sesq) to look at and get their buy in. Unfortunately nobody was reading our walls, and GiF even said TLDR so I felt resigned on day 3 to probably having to hammer Spring.

I didn't want to hammer Spring on day 3 because it would make me look 'not-blue', which would mean that town!Sky surviving to LYLO would not be viable and I would be dead for sure. However Spring was at L-1 and Sesq was afk; the only players who could switch to hammer Spring were Icon or Skitter, the two that I'd been trying to break up. Icon was actually my preferred lynch for the day but I couldn't see anyway to shift the wagons from where they were.

I wasn't sure if I should have waited it out. I think maybe I was the only one who realised the wagons were tied? But it had been nearly four days and I was unable to wait. I was about 6 hours from hammering Spring when she appeared to counter-hammer.

On the first LYLO, my strategy was to try to get Spring/GiF to fight, and I felt the best way to do that was to be friendly to Skitter (who seemed undecided between GiF/Sky) so she would go for GiF. This seemed to work a little bit but with Spring's continued absence it became inevitable she would be the lynch. I decided to keep my options open and give out soft town on basically everybody except Spring so I could plausibly vote there, and then GiF forced the issue by voting and it was out of my hands.

Unfortunately Icon was not fooled one iota. I'd like to hear if Icon is actually new, because if he is, that is a fantastic game you played and you have a lot of raw natural talent. Keep up the good work.

The night before I had posted my thoughts in the scum topic but the post was deleted and locked so from memory it basically went -

Icon is 100% going to vote me. So which of GiF or Skitter do I want to try to fight against Icon with? I'd probably want GiF who has the best town read on me.
So then I put on my pretend-to-be-scum-GiF shoes and thought, who would scum!GiF kill? Both Icon and Sky have given town reads, so he'd want to kill Skitter. Seems legit - except GiF is actually town, and if Skitter died, he would think there's no reason for scum!Icon to hit Skitter, and go for me. So I couldn't hit Skitter.
So I thought about hitting GiF. That would leave me with Icon and Skitter - Skitter was softing town on me in the previous day phase but I had not been able to shake her null position on Icon. I felt that I would have to manipulate Skitter in order to get her to vote Icon and I wasn't confident that I could do this as I'd spent most of the game misrepping her and breaking any reason she had to trust me this game.
In the end that made the obvious kill of Icon my only real choice and I would have to try to get GiF and Skitter to fight for my love or something like that. I tried to provoke an early vote from GiF against Skitter by saying that I thought Skitter was more likely to be scum, but this did not get him to vote and only served for Skitter to abandon her town on me, oops. And the rest played out in thread.

At one point I realised, again, that GiF was not reading walls and so I considered just doing short posts to get his attention.

I did not get to see Icon under any pressure at all. Both Skitter and GiF had to fight hard to stay in the game and Icon could mainly coast and had time to get reads/post from a position of leisure. I had the most engagement with Icon/Skitter so it's hard for me to see much else outside of this; they are both town MVP in my opinion - GiF missing out only because he missed the vote in LYLO. That said his reads were mainly on point and he was the first to throw the stone at Spring the day before.

Overall this was a difficult game for me mainly because of Skitter; she didn't let me get away with anything and the only reason she didn't win was because people wouldn't read her posts. I also found people wouldn't read my posts, with the exception of Sesq who would quote massively scummy things and then say 'but probably town'. I was so sad when they replaced out - I would have kept them to LYLO if they'd stayed in.

I think I will take this 'nobody reads walls' to a few games and try to lazybones and see how differently it plays.

~~~

Skitter, I would love to hydra sometime. Once I've finished moving house and my situation is all good I'll let you know I'm ready.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:48 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

I actually read walls most of the time.

It's just that I'm too lazy to comment so I pretend that I don't read those.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:42 pm

Post by the worst »

[quote="In [url=viewtopic.
Skitter, I would love to hydra sometime. [/quote]

THE WALLS...........
this would actually make a great hydra tbh
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:21 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1005, Sky_Paladin wrote:I was paranoid Skitter was going to see I was scum right away because we have a very similiar playstyle and I thought she would know something was up right away;
So I eventually picked up on this, that we weren't like meshing at all like we did in math's game, but it took like a month; like I think I noted it subconsciously but I didn't realize it consciously till like end-of-day3 or thereabouts. I do think I probably should have picked up on that earlier though. (Also I realized in this LYLO that reading my own ISO is probably a good idea cuz it documents what I was thinking at various points of the game, and like by endgame I didn't really remember the reasons why I was scumreading you like day2 till I went back and re-ISO'd you. Also your scumgame here + my experience in Jungle Republic, which ran concurrently to this, has helped me figure out a new general scumtell for our kind of playstyle.)

And I didn't end up following up on your lie ~day2 cuz I was kinda v/la traveling to my best friend's wedding and catching up on the schoolwork I missed, and by the time I had caught up on my sleep debt/schoolwork, day2 had ended, and day3 had quickly become about alisae.
In post 1005, Sky_Paladin wrote:So I approached trying to get this out of Skitter - while she was not explicitly scum reading Icon, she was also not explicitly town reading him either.
It wasn't a nullread. It was a 'I don't townread him but I literally can't make RVS make sense if he's bluescum, so since red is dead he has to be town' read. Like I maybe would have bought redscum!ico prior to flipping alisae, but I was literally never voting him after red was dead. Like I was about as confident on not-blue-ico as I was on scum!TD, and I don't think anyone in this game could have talked me out of either read.

Like in a LYLO of me/ico/{one of gif/sky} I would have voted whichever of gif/sky was alive without a second thought.
In post 1005, Sky_Paladin wrote:
Overall this was a difficult game for me mainly because of Skitter;
she didn't let me get away with anything and the only reason she didn't win was because people wouldn't read her posts.
I try :)

And that's also why I was feeling apathetic. Like imo I had obvtowned kinda fairly early and thought I'd be dead ages ago (for a while in the second LYLO I was thinking of pulling the 'I'm hilariously out of my scumrange card', but I was pretty sure that GIF would have viewed that as a empty grab for towncred, and that you absolutely would have portrayed it as such), especially given two nk's a night, but like I was still there (through the replacements and rp and inactivity and lol-nks and lolwagons) and people were scumreading me for inane reasons and I couldn't get people to listen to me, all of which combined made it hard for me to care, especially while running on massive sleep debt through most of that.
In post 1005, Sky_Paladin wrote:Skitter, I would love to hydra sometime. Once I've finished moving house and my situation is all good I'll let you know I'm ready.
Awesomeness, PM me when you're ready :)

I hope your move goes well!
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Mon May 14, 2018 8:27 am