Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2250 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2018 1:59 pm

Post by Sando »

This was what I wrote to mod @Mathdino:
He's saying "I've never done X to you", when he's done X to me, just in an ongoing game.

I'm super worried given he actually just replaced out of that game due to a similar issue to this, so I'm trying to be super careful. He's replaced out, but obviously the replacement shares the alignment, so any reference is potentially giving unfair information.
I can't remember exactly what X was, but yeah I was being super careful. Not helped by Dave being in this game and mod of the other :P
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2251 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2018 5:05 pm

Post by BuJaber »

In day 1 I wasn't specifically trying to break the townbloc. My partner nsg was in the "meme team" so I was WIFOMing the way to her victory. If I got lynched I predicted one of two options A) I wanted the idea that they're all town to be locked in or B) townbloc starts to accuse themselves. Also if I needed to I was giving myself a foundation for bussing NSG later.

Problem is I tend to get mislynched as town so as scum I get nervous about trying to imitate my town game. I need to get better at explaining myself as either alignment.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2252 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2018 5:07 pm

Post by Mathdino »

ahhh yeah in hindsight

i figured you were kinda doing both:
- trying to break up the townbloc because 4/5 of us being town was pretty solid
- subconsciously indicating that one member was scum

should've kept the "there's one scum in the meme team" lead after GL/Kmd flipped tbh
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2253 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2018 5:34 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

Hey great game everyone! I think this felt like a team win, despite the mislynches we still had pretty good town synergy throughout, picked off brassherald right when we needed to, and never let scum get to be unquestionably top tier town enough to lose the game. Masons hid as well as they could have after that dave kill. also fwiw I agree with MathDino's self assessment of his own play, he did a great job obvtowning and creating a lot of game solving content, and I say that as someone he mislynched haha. I think on average towns play better when they're still relatively strategic about their mislynches and manage to still be working together the whole time rather than letting one person drive.

The kind of environment we had in this game is much harder for scum to keep pace with, which is part of why I felt more and more confident about GC being town because I think he was dropping a lot of subtle nuanced looks at things that are much more difficult to emulate as scum. I did kinda derp out by not putting more shade on Ank for the brass interactions, but it was tough to try not to reveal any masons either so it was a more partial lens on the game
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2254 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2018 5:34 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

dave wagon*, not just the kill
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2255 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2018 5:36 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

also great play by Alisae in LYLO I appreciate the amount of effort and thought that you put in!
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2256 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2018 5:39 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 2225, Mathdino wrote:mislynched GL who seemed to change his mind faster than ranmaru
oh honestly though this is something I feel like is more of a towntell for me historically

like recently when I've been scum I've been trying to get better about faking genuine uncertainty and flip-floppiness because I tend to be a lot more calculated in trajectory changes
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2257 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2018 5:42 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

and as always thanks to Aster for modding a very smoothly run game. sorry about using your color that one time
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2258 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2018 5:43 pm

Post by Mathdino »

that makes sense yeah

i haven't reaallly gotten a feel for your game as either alignment

really what it reminded me of was radiantcowbells-scum changing his mind constantly to be in the politically best position
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2259 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2018 5:57 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

I think one thing that randomly worked out really well for this game was Mathdino and I both correctly townread the opposite players for most of it, so even though a couple mislynches got through there weren't really many available lazy wagons for scum to coast on. Like Math did a good job shielding Mylo and I feel like me townreading GC/verydark shielded them a bit. and then the rest of the people were both rather town by play and mason candidates so scum didn't have a big mislynch pool and would have had to pick some serious battles to stay deeply engaged
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #2260 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2018 6:04 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 2257, GuiltyLion wrote:and as always thanks to Aster for modding a very smoothly run game. sorry about using your color that one time
Few suggestions for Aster cuz the modding was the only reason why I replaced in

A. Just handle the accelerated nights better.
B. Waiting for the dead PT is annoying no one makes you wait for the Dead PT.
C. This
Aster wrote:
Vote Count 1.0

VoteeVoters
verydark (4)
Kmd4390 (), GuiltyLion (), Mathdino (), davesaz ()
Mathdino (2)
Sando (), Agent Sparkles ()
popsofctown (2)
BuJaber (), Gamma Emerald ()
Agent Sparkles (1)
verydark ()
Gamma Emerald (1)
popsofctown ()
GuiltyLion (1)
northsidegal ()

Not voting:
Kop, Myloninja13

With 13 players alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch.
Can be changed to this
Vote Count 1.0

VoteeVoters
verydark (4)
Kmd4390 (), GuiltyLion (), Mathdino (), davesaz ()
Mathdino (2)
Sando (), Agent Sparkles ()
popsofctown (2)
BuJaber (), Gamma Emerald ()
Agent Sparkles (1)
verydark ()
Gamma Emerald (1)
popsofctown ()
GuiltyLion (1)
northsidegal ()
|||||||
-------
Not Voting
Kop, Myloninja13
Day ends at Deadline.
With 13 players alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch.
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #2261 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2018 6:06 pm

Post by Alisae »

Like the only people you're making wait for the dead PT is Me, Mylo, and Ank.
Everyone else probably already has it and I want to read it.
Factional PTs I personally disagree with but I get it and I know some mods do that.
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #2262 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2018 6:06 pm

Post by Alisae »

Otherwise really well modded I hope you mod some more stuff here!
GTKAS
| here.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2263 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2018 11:41 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 2259, GuiltyLion wrote:I think one thing that randomly worked out really well for this game was Mathdino and I both correctly townread the opposite players for most of it, so even though a couple mislynches got through there weren't really many available lazy wagons for scum to coast on. Like Math did a good job shielding Mylo and I feel like me townreading GC/verydark shielded them a bit. and then the rest of the people were both rather town by play and mason candidates so scum didn't have a big mislynch pool and would have had to pick some serious battles to stay deeply engaged
I didn't actually feel this very much at all; the far more damaging thing (and the single biggest reason town won) was verydark being a mason and then replacing out. One of my weaknesses is that I really struggle to make read changes look natural as scum, so suddenly having one of my mislynch targets completely taken off the table and replaced by a more competent player as well as accidentally killing one of my only possible mislynch targets left was really iffy since I wasn't sure how to go back on my Mylo-town read. I think town-me would've completely reset every read at that point, but it's hard to tell.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2264 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2018 8:22 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

oh I agree that verydark replacing out was a large factor too, but I guess what I was trying to get at may be part of why you were townreading Mylo and how verydark survived for so long without claiming. like if you were gonna push Mylo then you would have had to battle Math on it especially as the game went on. verydark being off the dave wagon was pretty helpful in keeping him away from being lynchbait too though
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2265 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2018 10:37 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 2207, Alisae wrote:Like think about it.
How do you react as that as town?
Why would you call that out
as town
?
If it’ll make the kingmaker in F3 see that you’re town, then you do it, no matter how fake it is.
Basically mylo’s reaction was NAI except what made it alignment indicative is the fact that it was extremely believable.
Oh I'm not sure if I answered this, but if I was town here and my assessment on Mylo was correct (which it likely would be, even if it was subconscious in Mylo's mind), then it would have been protown to ruin the gambit preemptively since that kind of thing would've already been shown to be effective for Mylo to appear town.

I wouldn't go along with it because it would look fake; I noticed the lack of a hammer here, but I would've also noticed it as town. I'd be at a disadvantage regardless of who was scum and town.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2266 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2018 10:40 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 2261, Alisae wrote:Like the only people you're making wait for the dead PT is Me, Mylo, and Ank.
Everyone else probably already has it and I want to read it.
Factional PTs I personally disagree with but I get it and I know some mods do that.
Faction PTs being delayed are understandable in a way since sometimes there's stuff in there that really shouldn't be shared, but yes for dead PTs.

I mostly just want to see how terrible the dead thread rates my play and embarrass myself via scum pt at this point
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2267 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2018 12:25 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I had fun.

Wish I could find any other game that is simarly not role-madness to join.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2268 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2018 12:27 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Vanilla town is the funnest role to play.
Someone murdered me though, it was so rude
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2269 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2018 12:56 pm

Post by Ankamius »

I'd claim credit except I wasn't here yet

So you get to blame LUV instead
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2270 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2018 2:26 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 2268, popsofctown wrote:Vanilla town is the funnest role to play.
Someone murdered me though, it was so rude
i agree, i've really grown to enjoy playing VT and aggressively trying to confirm myself as town
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2271 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2018 8:16 pm

Post by BuJaber »

Ahh so sweet .. you guys are just discovering that VT is the best role.

:D
Aster
Aster
Goon
Aster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2272 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2018 8:54 pm

Post by Aster »

The private threads are now available.

Links:
Myloninja13
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2273 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2018 9:44 pm

Post by Myloninja13 »

Those were some interesting PT's lol.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2274 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2018 3:07 am

Post by Something_Smart »

GG, yay Alisae :]
In post 2270, Mathdino wrote:i agree, i've really grown to enjoy playing VT and aggressively trying to confirm myself as town
You also aggressively tried to confirm me as town and internally I was like Math stop you're gonna get me killed :P

Return to “Completed Open Games”