Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2575 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:41 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

This is actually maybe my most proud town win
When I realized "hey we were townreading Eragon for being a wagon right along with dunnstral... But town has been extremely accurate this game so we should have just assumed we were doubly right..." it all clicked
This is one of the towniest towns that ever towned and I'm very impressed with our collective effort
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2576 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:12 am

Post by Eragon »

Rip

If I had killed irrel I woulda won lmao

I was too worried about watcher and if irrel was watcher or watcher was on irrel

Then I just freaked out in maf chat and killed reundo

Well played town, this was areally fun game(while I was actually playing it)
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2577 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:15 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

Idk Nauci would have been cleared town and she had Reundo as locktown as much as she had me as locktown, it still would have been a battle
But yes I will take credit for making sure you were the lynch :D
I thought I accidentally made it obvious I wasn't watcher when I told Keyser to claim when we were all still deciding between keyser & reundo
Also the way I was nearly swayed by volxen's D1 watcher claim for like 5 minutes

But I did indeed expect watcher to go on either me or nauci. Well played eragon! You soaked up towncred so subtly for so long, for things that didn't really earn you towncred! lol
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2578 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:16 am

Post by Eragon »

In post 2577, Irrelephant11 wrote:Idk Nauci would have been cleared town and she had Reundo as locktown as much as she had me as locktown, it still would have been a battle
But yes I will take credit for making sure you were the lynch :D
I thought I accidentally made it obvious I wasn't watcher when I told Keyser to claim when we were all still deciding between keyser & reundo
Also the way I was nearly swayed by volxen's D1 watcher claim for like 5 minutes

But I did indeed expect watcher to go on either me or nauci. Well played eragon! You soaked up towncred so subtly for so long, for things that didn't really earn you towncred! lol
I know lol

I was wondering how it was so easy to be tiwnread

^_^
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2579 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:51 am

Post by Nauci »

Oh thank God plurality lynched because I definitely fell asleep with my laptop open some time during rereading day 3

Irrelephant11 MVP again

P.S. Sorry Keyser!

P.P.S. Eragon, well played. In the end I leaned you because of your post about having to kill Volxen day 1 and otherwise was definitely not scum reading you. But I was deeefinitely not scum reading Tora or Irrelephant >.<
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2580 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:52 am

Post by Nauci »

Seriously though I suck as tpr someone let me roll vanilla town lol
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2581 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:52 am

Post by Nauci »

You dodged my watchful eye like a pro
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2582 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:42 am

Post by volxen »

In post 2573, Ausuka wrote:gg! Thanks for modding Flicker! I wonder what happened to volxen and Dunn :o
I've been here all along :). I posted quite a bit in the dead thread, and I've been following the game on and off ever since I died.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2583 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:43 am

Post by Nauci »

Well done, Flicker! This was a great game :)
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2584 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:51 am

Post by volxen »

In post 2576, Eragon wrote:Rip

I was too worried about watcher and if irrel was watcher or watcher was on irrel

That Reundo nightkill was seriously the most shocking thing that happened in this entire game! I mean I knew he was town of course, but I never thought in a million years that you would nightkill him. I thought for sure you were going to leave him alive as the last mislynch. But yeah with the state of the game being what it was, trying to nightkill either Irrelephant or Nauci would have been incredibly risky for you, since they both were highly likely to be watched by the watcher, and you had no way of knowing that Nauci was the watcher.

Did you actually think Reundo was the most likely person to be the watcher, or just that he was the least likely person to be watched given how suspicious everyone was of him?
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2585 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:58 am

Post by volxen »

@Flicker thanks for modding this game! I had fun being scum here, even though my time in this game was very short. I guess I at least got to play some part in helping to get Keyser mislynched, as people thought my buddying and defending of him was indicative of our interactions being SvS.
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2586 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:30 am

Post by Eragon »

In post 2584, volxen wrote:

That Reundo nightkill was seriously the most shocking thing that happened in this entire game! I mean I knew he was town of course, but I never thought in a million years that you would nightkill him. I thought for sure you were going to leave him alive as the last mislynch. But yeah with the state of the game being what it was, trying to nightkill either Irrelephant or Nauci would have been incredibly risky for you, since they both were highly likely to be watched by the watcher, and you had no way of knowing that Nauci was the watcher.

Did you actually think Reundo was the most likely person to be the watcher, or just that he was the least likely person to be watched given how suspicious everyone was of him?
Mostly least likely to be watched and tbph going into the night I thought people actually were towning reundo, like nauci, and I might have been able to lynch Tora based off the hammer and NSG’s read, but I just got really apathletic, busy, and annoyed at the overall game and just fucked up MyLo

I didn’t think he was ever watcher, I honesty felt irrel was he watcher who was always watching Nauci, or vice versa

So I just played it safe, and in retrospect it ended up bad
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2587 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:44 am

Post by northsidegal »

hey, good game all.
In post 2506, Eragon wrote: 4. lol-posting is NAI. in Micro 827(granted i was scum) NSG called me out for lol-posting and i got super tilted and pretty much quit on the game because it was so retarded.
not what i was scumreading you for.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2588 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:47 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Nsg never said that
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2589 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:52 am

Post by northsidegal »

good job figuring out it was eragon, guys. i made a pretty big mistake in not following one of my own rules / reminders, that a caught scumteam often tries to stay afloat by pushing eachother down. i wrote eragon off a bit too easily because of that. i should have also put more weight into the fact that a large majority of dunn's ISO was just popping in to defend his scumbuddies, so that pattern should've also pointed to kop looking back. even more, i probably should've just ended up actually looking through kop's history to see if his sentence structure really was meaningful, which i still have yet to actually do.

-shrug-

i feel vaguely alright about how i played this game. i was right on dunnstral. i was wrong on volxen, but i didn't do anything to
prevent
his lynch from going through. probably the worst thing i could've done was set you guys up for failure by saying not to get endgamed by tor and leading to a loss there. probably the way to avoid that would've been putting more into reading the ducky: while i still think tor and reundo's lynches would've been reasonable given the evidence, ducky's probably could've been avoided if i put more effort in.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2590 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:54 am

Post by northsidegal »

(and given the ducky's lynch not happening, there are three lynches left: enough to lynch reundo, tor and eragon in any order. obviously i could say that do to better i could've just realized who the actual scum was, but that's easier said than done really. just thinking about easy changes i could've made.)

things fall apart
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2591 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:38 pm

Post by the worst »

Well done guys. :) This was really well fought, congratulations on savagely murdering the right guy in the end.
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2592 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:41 pm

Post by the worst »

also, very very nice modding Flicker!
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2593 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:33 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 2575, Irrelephant11 wrote:This is actually maybe my most proud town win
When I realized "hey we were townreading Eragon for being a wagon right along with dunnstral... But town has been extremely accurate this game so we should have just assumed we were doubly right..." it all clicked
This is one of the towniest towns that ever towned and I'm very impressed with our collective effort
<3
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2594 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:34 pm

Post by Nauci »

There's no way I would have gone after Reundo before you, and I was townreading Tora minus NSG-induced-paranoia lol
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2595 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:35 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 2585, volxen wrote:@Flicker thanks for modding this game! I had fun being scum here, even though my time in this game was very short. I guess I at least got to play some part in helping to get Keyser mislynched, as people thought my buddying and defending of him was indicative of our interactions being SvS.
Lol I thought it was a crazy gamble on your part

But I thought it was crazy that he didn't react to the buddiest buddying that anybody ever buddied
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2596 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:38 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 2591, the worst wrote:Well done guys. :) This was really well fought, congratulations on savagely murdering the right guy in the end.
Irrelephant did the stabbing

...I just watched :cool:
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2597 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:48 pm

Post by Eragon »

Did anyone notice how like 4/5 of my “Never scum” reads ended up in endgame

;3
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2598 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:49 pm

Post by Eragon »

In post 1231, Eragon wrote:
TOWN CORE

-Eragon
-Irrelephant11
-Toranaga
-Nauci
-the worst

Town based on what other people said

-Reundo

PoE Bracket

-Ausuka
-northsidegal
-Keyser Söze
-Dunnstral

Probably the town

-Ausuka

probably the scum
(yes i know theres three of them but i could see them all flipping scum, but i know one of them wont, i just dont know which)
-NSG
-keyser soze
-dunnstral

these are all in order of strength from top to bottom.

So Irrelpephant is my strongest TR(other than me)
and TW is my weakest Town circle(still like 90% positive hes town tho)
Reundo is in his own category because i havent seen him do anything at all today and im just going based off what others say
Ausuka is my weakest SR
While Dunn is my strongest, although its very very close between him/keyser/NSG and i am happy to go any way
This was F-4 minus the worst
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2599 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:23 pm

Post by volxen »

In post 2595, Nauci wrote:
In post 2585, volxen wrote:@Flicker thanks for modding this game! I had fun being scum here, even though my time in this game was very short. I guess I at least got to play some part in helping to get Keyser mislynched, as people thought my buddying and defending of him was indicative of our interactions being SvS.
Lol I thought it was a crazy gamble on your part

But I thought it was crazy that he didn't react to the buddiest buddying that anybody ever buddied
lol, when this game started over two months ago, I had only been on the site for 10 days, and I was still playing my first newbie game (as town). So when I got my scum role pm for this game, I was both excited and freaked out, especially since there was no scum daychat and I had never played scum before. I read a lot of different articles on scum play, but one thing that really stuck out to me was the importance of having solid "townreads" as scum. So I settled on Keyser -- he was always going to be my hard "townread", and I would defend him no matter what. As Keyser correctly pointed out to you guys, I used Keyser as a springboard to attack others who either criticized him or scumread him (e.g., Huntress[2.781], your predecessor Sesq, etc.). This is a large part of why I had Huntress[2.781] as my primary "scumread" on day one. I think I chose Keyser as the person that I would hardcore buddy and defend because he genuinely was one of the most towny players on day one, and also because Kop (Eragon's predecessor) had Keyser as a "townread" as well. And Kop also had Huntress[2.781] as a "scumread" and voted for that slot, which is why I did the same as well (until I changed my vote to Sesq).

Return to “Completed Open Games”