Mafia Scum
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2375 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:37 am

Post by MiniDeathStar »

Thank you!! I normally use the embedded vote counts as an auxiliary aid and post the main VC with the story, but I was swamped with work throughout the course of the game, and meanwhile it coincided with my visiting family abroad, so that happened. I also couldn't figure out a way to squeeze so many votecounts into the vote history post on the first page. ;-;

I should also add that gothic horror mafia flavour elements aren't my forte, I was just experimenting for a change and it's surprisingly difficult to tailor all the frigging replacements and lurkouts into a consistent, humourless, non-self-parodying story. So sorry I disappointed in that department, too.

I'm glad at least you guys enjoyed the game in
some
ways. So thanks for that, it was really nice to hear it. <3 <3 <3
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2376 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:44 am

Post by Egix96 »

In post 2375, MiniDeathStar wrote:Thank you!! I normally use the embedded vote counts as an auxiliary aid and post the main VC with the story, but I was swamped with work throughout the course of the game, and meanwhile it coincided with my visiting family abroad, so that happened. I also couldn't figure out a way to squeeze so many votecounts into the vote history post on the first page. ;-;

I should also add that gothic horror mafia flavour elements aren't my forte, I was just experimenting for a change and it's surprisingly difficult to tailor all the frigging replacements and lurkouts into a consistent, humourless, non-self-parodying story. So sorry I disappointed in that department, too.

I'm glad at least you guys enjoyed the game in
some
ways. So thanks for that, it was really nice to hear it. <3 <3 <3
You're welcome! Thanks for modding btw!
MiniDeathStar
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2377 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:53 am

Post by MiniDeathStar »

Some concerns were also raised regarding the setup's balance, so I'm probably going to make some minor changes before I decide to run it again. It will be things like switching the point value of the zombie and the immortal, and announcing chosen undead powers before the game begins. In a previous version the setup also featured two possible neutral roles, so I might bring them back around next time.

For now however, I'm preparing a proper theme game (with new mechanics and all that fun stuff) so I hope I'll see some of you there. :)
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #2378 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:09 am

Post by BBmolla »

WP scum
Come see me in the Great American Melodrama in Oceano
Lamees
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2379 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:11 am

Post by Lamees »

Ggs. Ah, so nako and red were town. Well we fucked either way then. Auro also obvious immortal :P
Lamees
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2380 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:16 am

Post by Lamees »

In post 2368, Egix96 wrote:Meme on me!
Lol it's cool, we wouldnt have been able to get an auro lynch even if you did sheep me. Nako/red or their subs wouldn't have a feel for the game at this point so doubt theyd co-ordinate with us. And succinct was in his own world. And obviously we wouldnt be able to convince rb/s_s as they are his team mates.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2381 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:22 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

GG.

I'll be the first to admit we got lucky, hanging one major PR D1 and killing the other N1. (Persivul was killed not because of a PR read but because he was universally townread. I actually had a pretty strong Witch Hunter read on DVa/DarkLightA which confused me when Dunn flipped, otherwise that slot would have been the kill :P )

All the people needing to be replaced were annoying and hurt town cohesion as well.

Flavor and moderation were beyond excellent, of course :]
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2382 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:24 pm

In post 2365, MiniDeathStar wrote:
Ruby Red
(villager)
(Thor665)

Malakitty
(villager)
(InfernoDragon18)

Nako
(villager)
(NotNova)

Succinct
(villager)
(Leodanny)

BBmolla
(villager)
(DarkLightA, DVa)

Creature
(villager)
(bristep123, YyottaCat)

Persivul
(priest)

Dunnstral
(witch hunter)

Lamees
(angel)

Egix96
(trickster)

Auro
(immortal)

rb
(vampire)

Something_Smart
(warlock)
Whoa, just realized this. Every single VT slot was replaced at least once, and none of the town PR's or scum were replaced. :o
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Succinct
Succinct
Goon
Succinct
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2383 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:27 pm

Post by Succinct »

In post 2366, the worst wrote:Succinct your reads in particular struck me as amazing. :)
Thank you.
Alas.
I picked the wrong one of Lamees/Auro.
Succinct
Succinct
Goon
Succinct
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2384 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:28 pm

Post by Succinct »

In post 2373, Egix96 wrote:I knew that Smart had to be scum as soon as he hammered, but I wouldn't have guessed that he was scum with Auro. A+ distancing!
Not particularly? They were one of the likeliest teams.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2385 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:44 pm

Post by Auro »

Lamees, Ruby Red actually just lost to scum!me in another game, I was pretty scared of her coming in and scumreading me now. Between her and Nako's replacement, you might have been successful lynching me.

She would've been my preferred kill, the reason we went Molla was that we wanted to avoid hitting the commuter, lol - and we had only rolecopped Molla and Nako by that time. I was half expecting to be called out on this, too.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2386 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:50 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 2367, rb wrote:honestly this flavour is the best thing since ever

minideathstar best mod since ever
In post 2371, the worst wrote:MiniDeathStar's modding is very awesome. Flavourwriting is 11110/10 level awesome.
In post 2372, the worst wrote:and her modding aesthetic is 22220/10
+1! ^_^ Thanks for the modding. Enjoyed the story.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2387 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:54 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 2381, Something_Smart wrote:hanging one major PR D1 and killing the other N1. (Persivul was killed not because of a PR read but because he was universally townread.
I did attract his cop check though ;) so not a bad thing. I was damn sure I'd be checked, I wanted to avoid killing the cop lol
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2388 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:35 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 2374, the worst wrote:I think rb/ss are catchable associatives but otherwise Auro looked t/s with both of them hahah. Very impressive anti-partner play, he deepwolfed well.

The fact people who scumread him were ignored/lynched is evidence in itself of a good scumgame.
Thanks! :D <3
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2389 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:38 pm

Post by rb »

yeah i was okay bussing auro at the end but i decided against it

funnily enough i was planning to not have to be all that active and on day2 i wanted to just mega cross-bus each other after the two investigatives died, so i could either lose it and be out of the game, or just coast on towncred until later

instead ended up having to be one of the most active players for the entire game

=|
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2390 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:39 pm

Post by rb »

also yes, succinct scumreading lamees/SS/auro made the game veryhard
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2391 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:43 pm

I reread the scum PT and I forgot just how much we tried to bus but town wouldn't let us. :lol:
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2392 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:53 pm

Post by Auro »

Egix, anything in particular that convinced you I was town late D4? You were beginning to reconsider, no?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2393 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:57 pm

Oh also, Creature's meme in the dead chat is excellent.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2394 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:04 pm

Post by Auro »

The last time I played with Thor too, everyone in the dead thread kept ranting that town would never lynch Thor, even if he scumclaimed. :lol:

Oh yes I loved that meme xD
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2395 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:46 pm

Post by Egix96 »

In post 2392, Auro wrote:Egix, anything in particular that convinced you I was town late D4? You were beginning to reconsider, no?
It was mainly the fact that DVa hadn't given you a serious scumread prior to her replace-out. I think that was the most compelling and least Wifom-y reason that you included in your "reasons why I am town" list.

I honestly have no idea how you played this game the way you did... you're like the Darren Sanders of India :wink:
Ruby Red
Ruby Red
Mafia Scum
Ruby Red
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2396 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:52 pm

Post by Ruby Red »

sorry for apathy, gg scum

yeah auro i was prob gonna retract my townread on you but you played well regardless
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2397 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:50 am

Post by Auro »

Ty :')

Darren Sanders.. a comedian?
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2398 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:52 am

Post by Egix96 »

In post 2397, Auro wrote:Ty :')

Darren Sanders.. a comedian?
Nah, I meant DS, the mafia player formerly known by that name.
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2399 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:41 am

Post by volxen »

So I think the moral of the story is, just auto lynching Auro on day one is not a bad idea, since he clearly has a >>>>>>>rand chance of rolling scum (how
DO
you end up rolling scum so much anyways?).
(please disregard this advice if Auro is hydraing with me on the Michael Scott account, however)
:wink:

Auro, I think you being so hard to lynch is going to in and of itself become a scumtell for you. In a game with Auro, and getting him lynched is an impossible task? Great, that means he is scum. You're welcome. :lol:
"i agree it was a good that we outed PR volxen early..it's like he suddenly transformed from an ugly duckling into a beautiful(?) swan " - xwing (Newbie 1889: Ice Cream)

Return to “Completed Open Games”