(2)
xwing (), Dannflor ()
xwing
(1)
Dr Worm ()
Not Voting
(2)
0verki11, DoubtingThomas

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. The Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2019-02-19 21:35:59).

Prodding DoubtingThomas.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
xwing
xwing
Goon
xwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:55 am

Post by xwing »

In post 222, Vedith wrote:Don't get me wrong. I don't think a vote on Overkill is bad.
And i would lynch the slot over keeping with what I have.

I really didn't like Danns response to me though and I feel he was intentially mis reading what I was saying.
okay, i'll bear this in mind..
i've played a couple of games with dann and i've always called him strong!town in those, so im trying to be wary of being pocketed by him..getting "sheeped " twice might also be indicative of him trying to pocket me (?) so im trying to be on guard, but so far so good..i do find it a bit hard to get stronger than null reads on most though, that's weird..
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:09 pm

Post by BBmolla »

VOTE: Overkill

Dan seems townish, Vedith seems townish
Come see me in the Great American Melodrama in Oceano
xwing
xwing
Goon
xwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:02 pm

Post by xwing »

how so?
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:36 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

VOTE: Danflor
<(") | (")>
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:30 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 222, Vedith wrote:I really didn't like Danns response to me though and I feel he was intentially mis reading what I was saying.
I honestly misread it and I think I've mentioned before I just have a hard time parsing your posts in general, probably just style differences

I thought you were painting me and xwing as buddies but you actually meant only one of us is scum in your mind, yea? If one of us flips red does that clear the other?

In response to your Overkill point, I think scum has a lot to gain by pushing big empty posts. The question is how well they are put together/if they can get away with it. Overkill's attempt wasn't very good but I think it combined with his early posting (especially rallying against a policy lynch like 3 separate times) comes from scum weakly trying to look town instead of town just being useless imo

Also, at risk of xwing suspecting me of pocketing them, their paranoia about me potentially pocketing them is a pretty town instinct imo
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:46 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 228, xwing wrote:how so?
Reactions to my actions
xwing
xwing
Goon
xwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:06 pm

Post by xwing »

what do you think of micc's argument against your reaction test? you find it AI?
how was dann and vedith's reactions townie compared to others? (e.g. me and micc, from the top of my head..not sure if there were others who voted)
xwing
xwing
Goon
xwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:13 pm

Post by xwing »

im still not convinced of scum!dann..his points on overkill is exactly what im thinking..im just trying to see both sides of the coin as i dont want to get pocketed, but im still not seeing scum!dann..even his response to dr.worm on why he unvoted was exactly the same reason i had (and i didnt share this info so i cant say that dann copied me)..
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:48 pm

Post by Micc »

I'm annoyed that this bbmolla wagon has fallen apart.
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:58 pm

Post by Micc »

Can someone sell me on the Dannflor wagon? I think I like it but am having a hard time putting words to why.
Draco Lucky
Draco Lucky
Goon
Draco Lucky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:13 pm

Post by Draco Lucky »

In post 235, Micc wrote:Can someone sell me on the Dannflor wagon? I think I like it but am having a hard time putting words to why.
Nah.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: OverKill

I took a day off and reread the thread. I was confbiasing on Dann and U2 talked me out of it. There is a lot of LAMIST coming from OK with basically no reasoning for any of the few stances they have taken.

Also, there's one really bad vote over the past page or two that indicates a possible buddy. But we will let that stew for a bit.

-Slaxx
Hydra of Slaxx and u r a person 2
Draco Lucky
Draco Lucky
Goon
Draco Lucky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:15 pm

Post by Draco Lucky »

Slaxx and I finally got a chance to compare reads this evening for a couple minutes, so here's where we're at. Apparently I'm in a verbose mood this evening, so I spoiled this monster for your convenience.

Spoiler: Town Reads
Town, in no particular order:
Xwing - Slaxx is reading Xwing town. I've got Xwing as a light town read, but I haven't seen anything super indicative here yet. That read augments a sheep of slaxx on this slot because of his experience with Xwing

Creature - Apparently creature is an easy read, but I don't know the tell yet. Slaxx has creature town.

Micc - We are both reading Micc as town. I shared his reaction in . I think his BBmolla is both reasonable and well within an average town range. His read on creature probably makes sense from either alignment if creature is considered an easy read. Slight concern that the town read on us is a pocket attempt given the lack of reasons for either town read. Lynch pool is people playing - let's call it whimsically - and Dannflor which could be a cop out but also isn't a terrible world view given both D1 play and the nature of the setup incentivizing mechanical sorting of non straight forward reads. And I can't argue with his null reads at the time was written, plus the reasoning seems fine in .

Vedith - I'm townreading Vedith and Slaxx is null on him. He's a.. whimsical player but I town read his turn around during the setup spec discussion. I town read his reaction test laden play slightly. I town read , , and Basically every post where he's playing with a more serious demeanor I town read.

Dr. Worm - we both read dr. worm as town. I like and for correcting me on his PP read in . I wouldn't take this read to the bank right now, but I do believe that Dr Worm is posting AI-content in spite of his play style and will only become more readable with time.

Spoiler: Dissonance Reads
Dissonance Reads:
We disagree on BBMolla. I see a lot of his play being personality-indicative rather than AI, including his self-vote. (self esteem issues? jk <3 ) That said, I think his entire game so far is within an average scum range when personality is taken into account. This isn't a strong read because I don't think anything is necessarily outside of his town range, but I think this play probably comes from scum!molla more often than it comes from town!molla.
Slaxx disagrees, tho, and has BBmolla as a town read.

Spoiler: Scum Reads
Scum:
0verki11 is the scummiest person in the game right now. Others have shied away from calling his underwhelming wall post scummy, but it's reaally scummy. Announce a wall post and then spend the majority of it on setup spec is pretty meh to begin with. Saying that he's doing it for himself like he's doing his make-up (nothing wrong with that) and then doing it is even worse. And his reasoning for how it was a reminder felt fabricated. That post and his response to me in and are the entirety of the content from this slot. Slaxx agrees this slot is scummy.

PP - Slaxx thinks PP's iso is terrible. I don't see anything that looks like game solving or is in another way town-indicative. And I don't like the evasiveness around my questions.

DT - We're here by POE, lol

Spoiler: Null Reads
Null:
Dannflor: I pushed in our pt, and slaxx is coming around to Dannflor's more recent posts being townie. Slaxx thinks he is overexplaining, but that paper in GD suggests that long sentence structure is town-indicative, and man has some long sentences. Especially if one were to connect sentences that start with "but" to the prior sentence that it really should be a part of. E.g, . I feel like an asshole even bringing up this read... but stats. And yes, I know, is a TWTBAW argument, but I think he's like halfway down the path to my read, which is that a lot of molla's play is personality-indicative. We're clearly conflicted about this slot rn.

p.edit guess i don't need to do the vote ;P
Draco Lucky
Draco Lucky
Goon
Draco Lucky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:15 pm

Post by Draco Lucky »

-U2
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:38 pm

Post by Micc »

In post 210, 0verki11 wrote:Firstly, I dont know if this has been addressed, but under no circumstances do we give someone a target to check if they flip town, mafia will just kill them if they are town.
How strongly do you feel about this and why?

Also, draco posts incentivized me to look back on penguin's iso. I agree its not great. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt for what seemed like a reasonable bit of pressure on me. Then again I was never really convinced the vote was serious so what kind of pressure is that really?
0verki11
0verki11
they/he
Mafia Scum
0verki11
they/he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/he

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:13 pm

Post by 0verki11 »

In post 239, Micc wrote:
In post 210, 0verki11 wrote:Firstly, I dont know if this has been addressed, but under no circumstances do we give someone a target to check if they flip town, mafia will just kill them if they are town.
How strongly do you feel about this and why?

Also, draco posts incentivized me to look back on penguin's iso. I agree its not great. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt for what seemed like a reasonable bit of pressure on me. Then again I was never really convinced the vote was serious so what kind of pressure is that really?
Really strongly, its a waste when all it does is just give mafia a target and a waste of a check.
0verki11
0verki11
they/he
Mafia Scum
0verki11
they/he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/he

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:22 pm

Post by 0verki11 »

In post 208, Vedith wrote:
In post 206, xwing wrote:@vedith: why is bb town for you?
Because I believe when he was L2 scum were on him using poor reason to justify a vote.
Scum are more likely to be aware of all posts in that sense too. Town!molla has less reason to care.

Keep in mind, scum lose out more for focusing town hard in this game, but really want to look town.

Molla votes
Worm votes
both RVS

You vote while making main focus point to your answers.

Dann votes and pushes the focus on being because of what you say.

Micc votes with high focus.

This suggests scum is most likely Dann followed by you.
Could argue that appearing overly townie is this game could result in a pre LYLO check out of paranoia. Not always true, but powerwolfing in this setup could end badly.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:21 pm

Post by Vedith »

In post 241, 0verki11 wrote:Could argue that appearing overly townie is this game could result in a pre LYLO check out of paranoia. Not always true, but powerwolfing in this setup could end badly
True. But less likely.
I claim scum \o/
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:38 pm

Post by BBmolla »

VOTE: Micc
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:17 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Oh, no...my ISO is horrible.
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:17 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 236, Draco Lucky wrote:Also, there's one really bad vote over the past page or two that indicates a possible buddy. But we will let that stew for a bit.
This is an incredibly dumb statement.
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:19 am