Post Post #2850 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:33 am

Post by skitter30 »

Yep. I think p townsided.

Like we got punished for finding the cop first, almost
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2851 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:35 am

Post by Sujimichi »

In post 2849, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 2847, skitter30 wrote:Only unclaimed people at that point were me, you, and fetched
Ohh that's the part I was missing.

Man this setup is quite townsided but that's fixable, and I really like it. It has a ton of mechanical depth. I'm very good with mechanics and even then I made multiple mechanical mistakes.
I'm curious as to how you determine whether something is skewed towards the town or skewed toward the mafia.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2852 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:54 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 2850, skitter30 wrote:Yep. I think p townsided.

Like we got punished for finding the cop first, almost
It’s not too difficult finding the cop when you know the draft order, though :P

I think whether it’s town or scum sided comes down to which team gets what powers. In this case Town has a few good PR’s and scum had one good PR, so I wouldn’t necessarily say it was town-sided. Scum also had day chat and could co-ordinate their picks.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2853 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:56 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 2851, Sujimichi wrote:I'm curious as to how you determine whether something is skewed towards the town or skewed toward the mafia.
A simple metric is to look at how many errors town can make and still win. An error is when town (or scum, acting as a town role) lynches, shoots, or cop checks another townie (it's an error because that's a missed chance to get scum).

We mislynched noms, Flubber, and wooper, and we copped Aaron, Adorable, Kerset, and Suji, and we vigged Xayah, and that's not even counting the two investigative shots that targeted dead people or Sirfetchd preventing skitter from giving a result.

rb and I were PR's and would probably have had to be killed anyway. So in effect, all we had to do to win this game was trust that Luca was town. And that was after wasting two cop shots and two gunsmith shots.

And we didn't even have a doctor. Imagine if one of the VT's had been doctor, how screwed scum would have been.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2854 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:00 am

Post by Luca Blight »

Town didn’t actually cop Frost, Suji or Adorable - that was Skitter pretending to be gunsmith.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2855 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:01 am

Yeah, that's why I said "or scum, acting as a town role"-- because she was still pretty much forced into doing that by the mechanics.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2856 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:04 am

The lack of multitasking actually makes the setup REALLY interesting but it is just such a huge blow to scum that a lot of the PR's would have to be neutered.

Probably an easier way to fix it would be to add multitasking and tone down some of the clearing roles. (And also decouple neighborizer and gunsmith because come on that's basically cop and VT).
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2857 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:05 am

Post by skitter30 »

I think i could have won this with multitasking. A lot of the choices we would have made would have been very different with multitasking

Lack of multitasking is ... hard
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2858 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:06 am

Also wooper

Read the scum thread and then tell me that massclaim wasn't a bad idea :P

Like my stubbornness was the only thing that kept town from completely controlling the massclaim and even then it wasn't enough as skitter was able to figure out to claim no result on me.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2859 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:07 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 2855, Something_Smart wrote:Yeah, that's why I said "or scum, acting as a town role"-- because she was still pretty much forced into doing that by the mechanics.
But then that comes down to more of a scum error/good town play imo. The Gunsmith/neighbourizer bracket probably wasn’t a great scum pick, and scum had time to co-ordinate and discuss their picks pre-game.
Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2860 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:07 am

Post by Sujimichi »

In post 2853, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 2851, Sujimichi wrote:I'm curious as to how you determine whether something is skewed towards the town or skewed toward the mafia.
A simple metric is to look at how many errors town can make and still win. An error is when town (or scum, acting as a town role) lynches, shoots, or cop checks another townie (it's an error because that's a missed chance to get scum).

We mislynched noms, Flubber, and wooper, and we copped Aaron, Adorable, Kerset, and Suji, and we vigged Xayah, and that's not even counting the two investigative shots that targeted dead people or Sirfetchd preventing skitter from giving a result.

rb and I were PR's and would probably have had to be killed anyway. So in effect, all we had to do to win this game was trust that Luca was town. And that was after wasting two cop shots and two gunsmith shots.

And we didn't even have a doctor. Imagine if one of the VT's had been doctor, how screwed scum would have been.
This is interesting. Thank you.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2861 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:08 am

In post 2857, skitter30 wrote:I think i could have won this with multitasking. A lot of the choices we would have made would have been very different with multitasking
Actually in this specific instance I don't think it would have helped, since all your actions were faked anyway. Since I didn't realize there wasn't multitasking I actually thought your result on me was real, and if you'd gone neighborizer instead of gunsmith we'd never have let you live to LYLO.

But I suppose if I realized you weren't multitasking I'd have probably figured out you tried to kill me so I guess you got lucky in that regard :P
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2862 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:09 am

In post 2859, Luca Blight wrote:But then that comes down to more of a scum error/good town play imo. The Gunsmith/neighbourizer bracket probably wasn’t a great scum pick, and scum had time to co-ordinate and discuss their picks pre-game.
Well yeah but if they didn't take it a townie would have, and the result would have been similar.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2863 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:11 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 2861, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 2857, skitter30 wrote:I think i could have won this with multitasking. A lot of the choices we would have made would have been very different with multitasking
Actually in this specific instance I don't think it would have helped, since all your actions were faked anyway. Since I didn't realize there wasn't multitasking I actually thought your result on me was real, and if you'd gone neighborizer instead of gunsmith we'd never have let you live to LYLO.

But I suppose if I realized you weren't multitasking I'd have probably figured out you tried to kill me so I guess you got lucky in that regard :P
If we were multitasking sirfetched would presumably be jk'ing people and i would have been able to play as i neighborizer, which is what i was originally going for

Like we both would have been able to take actions and still make the nk

Also if i were a real gunsmith who actually checked you, i would have gotten a real result, and wouldnf have had to guess.
Show
Hiatus once more.

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2864 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:15 am

In post 2863, skitter30 wrote:Also if i were a real gunsmith who actually checked you, i would have gotten a real result, and wouldnf have had to guess.
But you wouldn't have checked me and killed me in the same night :P

You would have had a different result, but it would have been real, and not a waste of a result like your check on me was.

Also like I said if you tried to play as neighborizer I'd have called you out for essentially passing up a cop.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2865 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:16 am

Post by skitter30 »

Ya fair enough
Show
Hiatus once more.

Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #2866 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:20 am

Post by Kerset »

So S_S what was your action the night you died?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2867 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:23 am

I healed Aaron. Scum correctly predicted that JK'ing me and killing Aaron would have been a disaster.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2868 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:05 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 2817, Kerset wrote:I don't know whenever there is any point in this day. I should basically assume that you are scum, who was too afraid to gamble with me.
KERSET IS A BALLER
24/7
DON'T ANYONE EVER FORGET
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2869 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:10 am

In post 2858, Something_Smart wrote:Also wooper

Read the scum thread and then tell me that massclaim wasn't a bad idea :P

Like my stubbornness was the only thing that kept
scum
from completely controlling the massclaim and even then it wasn't enough as skitter was able to figure out to claim no result on me.
EBWOP

Also hi pops
TheWizard
TheWizard
Goon
TheWizard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2870 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:26 am

Post by TheWizard »

Role Picks:

Spoiler:
Flubbernugget 5, 7  Perfectionist Vigilante OR 1-shot PGO (active)
rb 6, 9 Sane Cop OR 2-shot Redirector | Jailkeeper OR Tracker 
Sirfetchd 8, 3   Jailkeeper OR Tracker | Perfectionist Vigilante OR 1-shot PGO (active) 
Something_Smart 9, 1 1-shot Governor OR 5-ability JOAT | Neighborizer OR Gunsmith (Positive result on Mafia, Vigilantes, PGO, & CONDITIONALLY JOAT) 
AaronFrost 10, 5 Universal Backup w/ 1-shot override OR Role Cop | Doctor OR Roleblocker 
Xayah 11, 21  Sane Cop OR 2-shot Redirector | Universal Backup w/ 1-shot override OR Role Cop     
skitter30 42, 5   Neighborizer OR Gunsmith (Positive result on Mafia, Vigilantes, PGO, & CONDITIONALLY JOAT) | Night 2 Vigilante OR Vengeful 
Kerset 1, 1  Universal Backup w/ 1-shot override OR Role Cop | Conditional-Commuter OR 1-shot Watcher  
PMysterious 1, 4 Sane Cop OR 2-shot Redirector | Neighborizer OR Gunsmith (Positive result on Mafia, Vigilantes, PGO, & CONDITIONALLY JOAT) 
wooper 3, 2 Night 2 Vigilante OR Vengeful | Conditional-Commuter OR 1-shot Watcher 
Sujimichi 3, 4 Neighborizer OR Gunsmith (Positive result on Mafia, Vigilantes, PGO, & CONDITIONALLY JOAT) | Conditional-Commuter OR 1-shot Watcher 
Luca Blight 4, 5 Perfectionist Vigilante OR 1-shot PGO (active) | Night 2 Vigilante OR Vengeful 
nomnomnom 4, 7 Perfectionist Vigilante OR 1-shot PGO (active) | Conditional-Commuter OR 1-shot Watcher 
Billy Pilgrim 4, 8 Conditional-Commuter OR 1-shot Watcher | Universal Backup w/ 1-shot override OR Role Cop

Actual Roles and Night Actions:

Spoiler:
Flubbernugget 5, 7  1-shot PGO
rb 6, 9  Sane Cop - n1 checks Flubbernugget
Sirfetchd 8, 3  Jailkeeper n1 jks Wooper n2 jks Flubbernugget n3 kills Something_Smart
Something_Smart 9, 1  5-ability JOAT n1 cops rb n2 commutes n3 docs AaronFrost
AaronFrost 10, 5  Universal Backup d2 becomes sane cop n2 checks Xayah n3 checks Kerset n4 checks Sujimichi
Xayah 11, 21  Vanilla
skitter30 42, 5  Neighborizer n1 kills rb n2 kills Something_Smart n4 kills AaronFrost n5 kills Sujimichi n6 kills Adorable
Kerset 1, 1  Commuter n5 commutes
PMysterious 1, 4  Vanilla
Wooper 3, 2  Night 2 Vig n2 kills Xayah
Sujimichi 3, 4  Vanilla
Luca Blight 4, 5  Vanilla
nomnomnom 4, 7  Vanilla
Billy Pilgrim 4, 8  Vanilla
TheWizard
TheWizard
Goon
TheWizard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2871 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:30 am

Post by TheWizard »

Lack of multitasking makes Neighborizer an incredibly risky role for mafia to use (they'd be screwed if Neighborizer were the only mafia left). And pairing it with Gunsmith makes it effectively a scumclaim anyway.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2872 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:19 pm

Post by the worst »

gg guys! well played.
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
Wooper
Wooper
Unaware
Wooper
Unaware
Unaware

Post Post #2873 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:22 pm

Post by Wooper »

@SS I actually think we softguiltied Sirf via massclaim and only really left skitter alive so long because she was able to clear people

This game wasn't close at all, I feel mass claim was faaaaairly justified :P
TheWizard
TheWizard
Goon
TheWizard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2874 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:53 pm

Post by TheWizard »

I'm now taking pre-ins for my next game, Spooky Mafia:

viewtopic.php?p=11439265#p11439265

Return to “Completed Open Games”