Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1650 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:08 pm

Post by popsofctown »

It is unfortunately necessary for the transparency of my read progression to say things like this at times. Mafia is a sandpapery game, this is definitely attack the play not the player, etc. Sorry not sorry (but like, two more sorries, I would prefer I universe that I didn't feel obligated to play this way sometimes. But an additional not sorry).
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1651 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:13 pm

Post by Elements »

VOTE: norway
I agree with everything Elements is posting - Papa Zito
It's scummy as fak tho - Gamma Emerald
All my completed games
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1652 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:14 pm

Post by Elements »

I'm still not a fan of profii
all his posts rub me the wrong way
I agree with everything Elements is posting - Papa Zito
It's scummy as fak tho - Gamma Emerald
All my completed games
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1653 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:16 pm

Post by profii »

In post 1650, popsofctown wrote:It is unfortunately necessary for the transparency of my read progression to say things like this at times. Mafia is a sandpapery game, this is definitely attack the play not the player, etc. Sorry not sorry (but like, two more sorries, I would prefer I universe that I didn't feel obligated to play this way sometimes. But an additional not sorry).
I dont take it personally but I found that post awful because you didn't give a reason as to why my takes are bad

(See how I said your post was awful and then said why... that's what helps the game imo)
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1654 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:19 pm

Post by popsofctown »

No one was hard defending Dunnstral wagon. It was such an easy mislynch to push with low culpability. We know that tons of people on the Norway wagon are confirmed town and part of the reason it has less momentum today is an onwagon kill. It's just not the Occam's razor position at all that Dunnstral was a towndriven wagon.

Virtually everyone was on either of those two wagons, so that's virtually synonymous with determining Norwee was the towndriven wagon.

I'd wager even if both Dunnstral and Norwee were town, the Dunnstral wagon was still the more scumdriven one.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1655 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:20 pm

Post by profii »

Anyway i think

VOTE: hectic

Is the way

He pushes norway
He says the whole other wagon is town so I predict 1 = scum
He also is concerned with the pairing a bit too much

For me, I figure when I get a lover, i get a free IC so... who care who it is... its just a bonus... hectic is concerned with being paired to me which feels like he is just trying to plan the long term sequence of events

Town thinking should just be to find scum #1 and go from there imo
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1656 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:24 pm

Post by profii »

I overlooked Looker being a non-voter. I missed that. Hmm
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1657 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:31 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Agreed on Hectic.
VOTE: Hectic
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1658 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:32 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Norwee you're not really helping me see you as town
"Well, I..."
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1659 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:38 pm

Post by Hectic »

In post 1655, profii wrote:Anyway i think

VOTE: hectic

Is the way

He pushes norway
He says the whole other wagon is town so I predict 1 = scum
He also is concerned with the pairing a bit too much

For me, I figure when I get a lover, i get a free IC so... who care who it is... its just a bonus... hectic is concerned with being paired to me which feels like he is just trying to plan the long term sequence of events

Town thinking should just be to find scum #1 and go from there imo
Context was different there. I was imagining the hypothetical where Pissy is scum and gets lynched for me claiming he's my partner. Then what poor sucker gets paired with me to get dragged down tomorrow. It meant nothing for scumreads or planning lul.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1660 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:39 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1658, popsofctown wrote:Norwee you're not really helping me see you as town
I don’t really care about making you see me as town. Just finding the scum.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1661 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:40 pm

Post by popsofctown »

So if we mislynch you today and realize how wrong we were, you want us to lynch Hectic?
"Well, I..."
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1662 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:42 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Duh.

- Bunno
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1663 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:53 pm

Post by popsofctown »

You seemed more protown when I skimmed haunted village
"Well, I..."
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1664 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:56 pm

Post by Hectic »

In post 1594, GeorgeBailey wrote:I'm really hesitant on the Norway Wagon, just because of the way Profii tried to force a wagon on the person. I'm just so pinged by the move. I wanna hear more from Profii.
What do you think of the Norwee wagon now?
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1665 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:58 pm

Post by Hectic »

I'm struggling to see how this is coming from town!you, Norwee. You had so much fight in you and went down mad in the Large game we played recently. And I still don't really get your flip on me, many were scumreading you yesterday, I just happened to be the first voting you today, and it feels like you grasped onto that as a reason to flip your read on me, because you see me as a viable mislynch today.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #1666 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:01 pm

Post by Looker »

Votecount Impromptu
(4) NorwegianboyEE
- (Hectic, Hopkirk, Popsofctown, Elements)
(3) Hectic
- (NorwegianboyEE, Profii, Flopz)
(2) Profii
- (Pisskop, Looker)

GeorgeBailey and
Ofhrz
are not voting.

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Who the fuck is ofhrz

@Hopkirk/Flopz/Pisskop
: How likely do you feel it is that Profii and NorwegianboyEE are trying to buss Hectic?
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1667 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:18 pm

Post by Hectic »

@Flopz:
If you believe Norwee is obvious scum and more likely to be scum over me, could you vote him please?

Lynching your number 1 scumread:
+Higher chance of flipping scum.
+If scum, examine pairings the next day to see if your no 2 scumread is correct.
-Can't gambit instawin if you're extremely confident about both scumreads.

Lynching your number 2 scumread:
-Lower chance of flipping scum.
-If town, probably gonna lynch your number 1 scumread the next day anyway.
+Can gambit instawin if you're extremely confident about both.

Hope this makes sense.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1668 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:35 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1665, Hectic wrote:I'm struggling to see how this is coming from town!you, Norwee. You had so much fight in you and went down mad in the Large game we played recently. And I still don't really get your flip on me, many were scumreading you yesterday, I just happened to be the first voting you today, and it feels like you grasped onto that as a reason to flip your read on me, because you see me as a viable mislynch today.
Cute attempt at meta read. Obviously you must have been planning this outcome, i like how you’re pointing hands at my supposed "flip" when it is you that immediately began the day by calling me scum when just yesterday you were scumreading Dunn hard.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1669 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:35 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1663, popsofctown wrote:You seemed more protown when I skimmed haunted village
Don’t... ever... compare... my... play... to... haunted... village...

- Bunno
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1670 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:40 pm

Post by Hectic »

In post 1668, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 1665, Hectic wrote:I'm struggling to see how this is coming from town!you, Norwee. You had so much fight in you and went down mad in the Large game we played recently. And I still don't really get your flip on me, many were scumreading you yesterday, I just happened to be the first voting you today, and it feels like you grasped onto that as a reason to flip your read on me, because you see me as a viable mislynch today.
Cute attempt at meta read. Obviously you must have been planning this outcome, i like how you’re pointing hands at my supposed "flip" when it is you that immediately began the day by calling me scum when just yesterday you were scumreading Dunn hard.
Dunn flipped town; that's the important data point you're missing here, that makes me reconsider you who was counterwagoned by Dunns. What's wrong with the meta read, am I wrong?
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1671 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:41 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1669, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 1663, popsofctown wrote:You seemed more protown when I skimmed haunted village
Don’t... ever... compare... my... play... to... haunted... village...
You're playing differently here, compared to haunted village
"Well, I..."
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #1672 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:42 pm

Post by Looker »

In post 1667, Hectic wrote:
@Flopz:
If you believe Norwee is obvious scum and more likely to be scum over me, could you vote him please?

Lynching your number 1 scumread:
+Higher chance of flipping scum.
+If scum, examine pairings the next day to see if your no 2 scumread is correct.
-Can't gambit instawin if you're extremely confident about both scumreads.

Lynching your number 2 scumread:
-Lower chance of flipping scum.
-If town, probably gonna lynch your number 1 scumread the next day anyway.
+Can gambit instawin if you're extremely confident about both.

Hope this makes sense.
Did you see no reason to try and persuade profii and NorwegianboyEE? What are you reads on them/do you feel they're both scum and beyond persuasion attempts?
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1673 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:44 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I think Looker is town
"Well, I..."
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1674 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:46 pm

Post by Hectic »

In post 1482, Flopz wrote:
In post 1448, Hopkirk wrote:We're going with lynch Norway then see who Hectic gets paired up with (cough profii) right?
Honestly, that's been my thought throughout this whole nightphase. We lynch one of these jokers and then take out the romantic couple that remains. The question is do we go for Norwee or Hectic? Norwee is basically ObvScum at this point so makes sense for a lynch on him straight out of the gate but I'm leaning towards the idea of taking out Hectic and then lynching the 100% confirmed ScumCouple that Norwee is on. I'm thinking of this on the incredibly low chance that Hectic is Town, which I don't believe for a second, we can then lynch Norwee the subsequent night and the ScumCouple that's left will be pretty obvious from those remaining.

Free Information

I didn't like the reversal of Hectic and PK for the vote, right at the end. Profii came out of left-field and completely changed my view of him with the move from Norwee to Dunn.
^Flopz indicated earlier here that Norwee was obvscum to him, Looker.

Profii and Norwee are voting their no 1 scumread as far as I can tell, but I'm still trying to talk to them about that.

Return to “Completed Open Games”