, sent to Hell in Phase 5
Green Crayons,
Mafia Goon
, surrenders in Phase 5
Spoiler: Still in Limbo
clidd
Cthylla
Dannflor
Last edited by Morning Tweet on Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:04 pm, edited 33 times in total.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:43 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

-= The Rules =-
rules stolen and adapted from SirCakes and Dannflor

General Rules

1. 1. Obey all site rules, which can be found here.
    2. Do not, under any circumstances, quote your role PMs or any other PMs sent by the moderator. Paraphrasing is okay.
    3. Do not contact other players to discuss the game outside of the game thread. This includes both PMs and offsite communication.
    4. Play to win this game, not your future games.
    5. Do not use tiny text, cryptography, invisible text, or anything of the sort. Everything you post should be public info.
    6. Do not use provable randomness. This includes dice tags.
    7. Do not impersonate the moderator.
    This
    this
    , and
    this
    are my colours. Don’t use them.
    8. Once you have died, you lose the ability to post. Do not make a “bah” post.
    9. When in doubt about the rules, do not hesitate to ask me for clarification.
    10. I reserve the right to change any of these rules at any time, or make any judgement irregardless of what these rules say.
Voting

1. 1. All votes and unvotes must be put in bold or with VOTE: tags. Vote tags are highly prefered.
    2. Votes made in spoilers will not be counted.
    3. Abbreviations and nicknames are acceptable, as long as I can clearly tell who it references.
    4. When a player reaches a majority of votes, that player will be judged and subsequently sent to Heaven or Hell.
    5. Judgments are compulsive and decided by plurality. At the deadline, the player with the most votes will be judged, even if less than the majority of players were voting for them. Ties will be resolved by wagon seniority.
    6. Each voting phase will last up to 7 real life days.
Activity

1. 1. You are expected to make at least one game-relevant post every 36 hours. Players who go 36 hours without posting will be prodded.
    2. If you are prodded, you have 24 hours to post in-thread. Prod dodges do not count. If you do not respond within 24 hours, you will be replaced. Additionally, if I have to prod you 3 or more times, I reserve the right to replace you at my own discretion.
    3. If you are going to be V/LA, please announce it in thread or PM me. If your V/LA will last 7 days or longer, I may be forced to replace you.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:44 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

-= The Setup =-

How it Works:

- Instead of Day and Night phases, this setup alternates between Heaven and Hell phases. The game starts with a Hell Phase.
- During the Hell Phase, the players vote to send one player to Hell. Likewise, during Heaven Phase, the players vote to send one player to Heaven.
- Alignment is revealed upon being sent to Heaven or Hell.
- When 50% or more of the living players are scum, a Judgment Day occurs. All living players lose the ability to vote. The saints (townies sent to heaven) privately vote in the Heaven PT to send a living player to Hell. If the player is town, the mafia win. If not, the game moves on to a Hell Phase.

Roles:

- 6 Vanilla Townies
- 3 Mafia Goons

Win Conditions:

- Town wins if the majority of scum (2) are sent to Hell.
- Scum wins if the majority of scum (2) are sent to Heaven --OR-- if a townie is sent to Hell during Judgment Day.

Other Setup Notes:

- Only town-aligned players gain access to the Heaven and Hell PTs.
- All scum, alive or otherwise, can talk to each other at all times in the Mafia PT.
- You may not attempt to eliminate no one. If a majority cannot be reached by the deadline, then the elimination will be determined by plurality. Ties are broken by wagon seniority.

Sample Role PMs:

Spoiler: Vanilla Townie
Welcome, Morning!

You are a
Vanilla Townie
. You lived a life that would be considered blameless by most, aligning you with the town.

Somewhere inside your group in Purgatory, there are three who led corrupt, shameful lives.

In order to win, you must condemn a majority of these sinners to Hell.

Purgatory may be found here.

Please confirm by replying with your role and wincon.
Spoiler: Mafia Goon
Welcome, Morning!

You are a
Mafia Goon
. You lived a sinful and impure life, aligning you with the mafia.

You know the names of the two other sinners you’ll be working with: Morning and Morning. You may talk with them at any time during the game here.

In order to win, you must deceive the town into sending a majority of the sinners to Heaven, or have every living sinner survive a Judgment Day.

Purgatory may be found here.

Please confirm by replying with your role and wincon.
Last edited by Morning Tweet on Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:48 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

-= Introduction =-

You awaken with your face pressed against a cold, hard surface. As you lift yourself up, your head starts to ring endlessly.

You find that you are seated at a wooden dinner table, set for eight— no, nine people. Some of them try to sit up. Their sluggish movements mimic your own. An enormous array of bright, shiny plates span across the length of the table. Each and every one is piled high with food. You recognize distinct appetizers, desserts, and entrees from a plethora of different nationalities. The room is small and modestly decorated. A fireplace flickers at one end, while two large doors are at the other. There is a window on either side of the fireplace, but a heavy fog prevents you from seeing outside.

The others gradually start to show signs of life, but even then, they seem somehow drained of it. Their skin carries a greyish tint, and every where you look you see bleak, tired eyes. You and those with you seem.. disconnected with your surroundings, somehow out of place. The tattered rags you wear clash with the nice furniture and the mounds of glistening food piled before you. Why does everyone look so lifeless?

Lifeless.

It dawns on you, at last— you are dead.

So, this must be Heaven, surely? But if that is so, why is everyone so deathly pale? Perhaps it’s motion sickness from the sudden arrival. After all, an entirely new plane of existence must take some getting used to. In any case, it’s not possible you were sent up anywhere less than Heaven.
Right?

screEEEeeech!

The great doors open to reveal the outline of a tiny figure down a dark corridor. As they approach, you can just barely begin to make out their features.

It’s a woman. Noticeably short. She dons a white, buttoned-up dress shirt with a red necktie. She emerges from the hallway, holding up a great metal dish on one arm.

“So sorry for being late!”

Part of her face is hidden by unkempt, long hair. Even so, she looks and sounds healthy— a sight that fills you with an immense sense of relief. She sets her plate down, completing the collection of delicacies on the table. She grins over at you with a gleam in her eye.

“Come on, what are you waiting for? Dig in!”

You suddenly become aware of sharp hunger pangs coming from your stomach. The aroma coming from the food is incredible. You, and those with you, give in to the girl’s command and start eating. The food lives up to the anticipation it was building, and so much more. You can scarcely believe the combination of flavours in every mouthful; each bite just begs for another.

“So this is Heaven!” Someone says, still half-chewing, “It’s so much better than I imagined!” A trivial comment. Harmless.

“Heaven?”
the woman serving the food replies, a perplexed look across her face,
“This isn’t Heaven. You’re in Purgatory.”

No.

In an instant, the relief you felt earlier means nothing, and the suspicions you had so desperately turned away become true.

“It’s customary to serve the new arrivals a welcome meal.”

Someone drops a piece of silverware. It clangs against their plate before falling off the table.

“I’m sorry to disappoint you,”
she says,
“You’re all dead, yes. But this.. isn’t where it ends.”

She sounds apologetic enough on the surface. But you notice the corner of her lip barely start to curl up in a smile.
[/float][/size]
Last edited by Morning Tweet on Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:48 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

Role PMs are being sent out. I will start the game when 8/9 players have confirmed, or in 24 hours.

9/9 players have confirmed, and the game may begin!
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:59 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

“Where’d that appetite of yours go? Oh, very well.”

The dishes vanish to nowhere with a small wave of her arm. She’s playing with you now, you can sense it-- any facade of pleasantry she was putting on before is all but gone.

“Here’s the deal: three of you belong in Hell. Oh.. the sinful lives you held. I could go into each one in excruciating, delightful detail..”

She trails off.

“—Mhm! But I won’t. You see, today could be our lovely sinners' lucky day! They're getting a second chance. So long as they're willing to trample over a few innocent souls.”

Someone rises from their chair, their voice just barely beginning to form words of protest.

“QUIET!"

Her outburst echos off the room’s walls, ringing uncomfortably in your ears long after she closes her mouth. The objector retracts back into their seat, visibly shaken.

“I wasn’t finished! The blameless among you will not be powerless. Simply decide amongst yourselves on who is most deserving of Hell. Use your own discernment to find the sinners, and you'll be up in Heaven in no time. Now..”

The demon takes the last empty seat at the end of the table. She leans in close; her amused gaze shifts over each and every last one of you.

“Choose.”
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:59 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

VC 1.0.HELL

[9] Not Voting:
clidd, Cthylla, Dannflor, Isis, NorwegianboyEE, Hayasaka, word321, Green Crayons, WaltertheDunce10

With 9 still with us, it takes 5 votes to condemn someone to Hell.

The Hell 1 deadline is in: [/color]
(expired on 2020-08-19 16:00:00)
[/b]⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀[/table][/cell]
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:01 am

Post by Dannflor »

VOTE: NorwegianboyEE

okay but like do we get an unlimited supply of food in purgatory? that sounds like a pretty good deal
WaltertheDunce10
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:10 am

Post by WaltertheDunce10 »

It does, but I don't think so as it seems to be a welcome meal and it dissipated, maybe an illusion?
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:11 am

Post by Isis »

VOTE: Walter the Dunce:10 for being the book and chapter of the Bible that describes this hellish process we are undergoing
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:14 am

Post by Isis »

HEAL: Dannflor
so he can make judgment day decisions and carry us.
HURT: Dannflor
for not teaching me how the setup works last time he modded it so now I think I can do that
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
word321
word321
Mafia Scum
word321
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:17 am

Post by word321 »

oh boi here we go again
some familiar faces here
VOTE: NorwegianBoy
Hows it going norskboi?
Lets see if we can wagon to death D1 again
Played in
Newbie 1992
Newbie 1997
Newbie 1999
Large Normal 227
Newbie 2006
Open 784
Open 787
Newbie 2019
, Open 790, Newbie 2022.
Currently playing in Open 794, Newbie2028.
Currently UTC-3.
Cthylla
Cthylla
Goon
Cthylla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:21 am

Post by Cthylla »

hi everyone : )
P͜h'ngl̶ui̡ mg͏l̕w̵'̢n̶afh ̨C̵t̀hu͝lh͠u R̷'lýeh͘ ͞wgah'nagl ̵fhta͝gn.͠
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:23 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I'm the tracker. Word321 targeted (INSERT DEAD TOWNIE HERE) last night. We should eliminate him.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Cthylla
Cthylla
Goon
Cthylla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:25 am

Post by Cthylla »

the food is very nice, thank you short lady!
also you have a cool voice, your shout was ringing in my ears for ages after
and i have a lot of ears

i don't trust the hat, what's he doing in Purgatory anyway, don't you need a soul or something to be up (down?) here?
VOTE: word
Cthylla
Cthylla
Goon
Cthylla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:26 am

Post by Cthylla »

In post 13, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I'm the tracker. Word321 targeted (INSERT DEAD TOWNIE HERE) last night. We should eliminate him.
lololol
i knew word was bad before the guilty even came out
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:31 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 10, Isis wrote:
HEAL: Dannflor
so he can make judgment day decisions and carry us.
HURT: Dannflor
for not teaching me how the setup works last time he modded it so now I think I can do that
I'm getting mixed signals here
In post 12, Cthylla wrote:Image

hi everyone : )
this seems like an innocent non-demonic person :]
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:33 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Floortile, i like the way you think. Hectic is always trustworthy.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:38 am

Post by Isis »

Wait, demons aren't trustworthy? But aren't demons famous for being 100% faithful to soulstealing packs?

I was going to be polite and not point out the numerous indicators that Cythylla is a likely Hectic alt because on the offchance it isn't Hectic isn't that awk ward?
"Well, I..."
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:42 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

So sorry miss, but mr nice guy is gone. Hectic challenged me he would snipe any alt i'd make in the future. So BLAM, i point it out when i see it.

- Bunno
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:43 am

Post by Dannflor »

brb changing my name to Floortile
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:44 am

Post by Isis »

I need to know if you're kidding or not about your guessing skilz.
Cause uh my readrate is etto really bad on Hectic right now, like really bad, and I would kind of like to policy heaven that.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:45 am

Post by Isis »

In post 20, Dannflor wrote:brb changing my name to Floortile
It's pronounced such that it rhymes with "Squirtle".
"Well, I..."
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:48 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 21, Isis wrote:I need to know if you're kidding or not about your guessing skilz.
Are you talking about my alt-guessing skills?

- Bunno
Cthylla
Cthylla
Goon
Cthylla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:49 am

Post by Cthylla »

S̫̞̫͢T̟͝A̕Y̛̖ ͙̳̭̰̫I͔̬Ń͓̤̜͕ Y̳̣ͅO̼̣͝U͠R͉̺̖͉͇̼ ̝̠͍̣͝P̢͉͚͇̤ͅL̥̙̜͓A̖̲̥̗C̡̪̙E͍͈.̸̞͙̠͈ ̞̼͟M͏̗̭̯͚͖O̤̠̣͢R͍̰͈̯͓̻̩T̮̲͍ĄL͙ͅS̲̟̘̣͙̮͞.̱̤̗̤ ͎̟̼T͖̞̝̮̯͔̱Ḩ̟͖̞̘̜E̡̫̮̺̙͇ H̜̝̯̝̝͍͝I̧͕V̰̘̠̻̺E͓̳̟͙ ̘ͅM͏̘͍͚̻̻I̼̩N̤̰̞͎̺̦̬D͈̘͚̜̼͠ ̝O͓̲͢F͈̮̹̲ ̦̣͇̣͇C̵̩͈̗̲̹̩͎H҉̗͎̮̲̫̺ͅA̤̰͙̱̫̻̮O̸̺͎̖S ͝W̭̰̣͍̗̠͚I̪̼̹̮͔͍̜L̝̯̱̩̼L̫͕̤̳̣ͅ E̶Ṋ̴̖̹̬C͖OM̘̟͠P̷̳A̦̠̤̝̜̭͞S҉̦̞̤S̸̜̙̻̯ ̺̗͓̀À̦̩L̲̟̯̬̯̳͉L̲͜ ͚̗̩̰͇A͍̠̗ND̜͓̹̦̣͇̀ H͍̼̖̪̖Ę ̡W̦Í͉̱̥̣͚̯L̮̱̣͎L̸ A̦̙̙W̭̳͇̲̙͕A̷K͕̮̮͖͠E͈̘͇̬N͚̻͙̪͢ Ó͔͓͉Ǹ̪͍̞̟̞͙͔C̘̻E ̧̦͔̞̯̖̱̯M͓̻̬͉̩̪̲O̫͢ͅR̸̼̞̹̠É̖͉̻.̢͙̰͙̺͔

Return to “Completed Open Games”