Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2750 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 12:14 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

game was fun, thank you for modding! glad we caught scum in the end! good job town and well played, scum
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #2751 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 1:02 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

@everyone, glad you guys could win without me. I feel bad, like I did not set town up for a win by drawing a lot of attention to myself, then replacing out.
(My slot even got miselimed Day 1 because of it)

So glad, yall could win despite that :)
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #2752 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 1:06 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 2732, Raya36 wrote:I can definitely forward these ideas on.

Any thoughts on the no pre-game discussion rule? It has to be in place because an honest mass claim would automatically solve the PRs and a dishonest mass claim would really narrow the pool down. But it would be nice if there was a way to make it more lenient so it doesn't fully take away that aspect of the game
What about saying that it can't be discussed Day 1? If 2 (or in this case 3) people are dead by the start of Day 2, then it keeps the thread from knowing every single charge, and leave a little more wiggle room for scum to lie and get a way with it.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #2753 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 1:08 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

Over all, this was a really cool set-up, nice choice Raya! Thanks for modding :)
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #2754 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 1:15 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 2750, Save The Dragons wrote:game was fun, thank you for modding! glad we caught scum in the end! good job town and well played, scum
scum was caught well before the end
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2755 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 1:37 pm

Post by Raya36 »

In post 2752, Lukewarm wrote:

Any thoughts on the no pre-game discussion rule? It has to be in place because an honest mass claim would automatically solve the PRs and a dishonest mass claim would really narrow the pool down. But it would be nice if there was a way to make it more lenient so it doesn't fully take away that aspect of the game
What about saying that it can't be discussed Day 1? If 2 (or in this case 3) people are dead by the start of Day 2, then it keeps the thread from knowing every single charge, and leave a little more wiggle room for scum to lie and get a way with it.
This could work although scum would have to be the last to claim to know how they should be claiming
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2756 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 1:48 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

In post 2754, DkKoba wrote:
In post 2750, Save The Dragons wrote:game was fun, thank you for modding! glad we caught scum in the end! good job town and well played, scum
you're right, we had 2 shots and got them on the first one
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #2757 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 1:51 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 2755, Raya36 wrote:
In post 2752, Lukewarm wrote:

This could work although scum would have to be the last to claim to know how they should be claiming
Oh, I was thinking more like, since the thread will never know how the first few people who died voted, then any inconsistencies could potentially be covered by that lack of knowledge. I have not really sat down to think about how it would play out to know if it would work out that way or not
Robert M Hunter
Robert M Hunter
Goon
Robert M Hunter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2758 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 1:55 pm

Post by Robert M Hunter »

Thank you mod.

I am terrible at mafia because I only have a few minutes a day to play and I am even worse playing scum because I can barely keep up.

Good game town.
NDMath
NDMath
Goon
NDMath
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2759 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 3:23 pm

Post by NDMath »

In post 2721, Raya36 wrote:I am always looking for constructive criticism for how I mod and what I can do to make the game more enjoyable. Besides the error of course please let me know anything I could have done better.
(Another error is that in the mod PT you have that 1 scum was on the T3 wagon when there were actually 0.)
Your modding was good.

The setup we ended up getting was scumsided, but if the four shots missing shots had been in play for town the setup is probably(?) slightly townsided. Which can be argued to reward scum for sniping out the town 2-shot jk, but I disagree with that on the premise it did not feel skillful of me, much more so luck based.

Many of the town members were strong this game.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #2760 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 4:43 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Nice
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2761 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 5:46 pm

Post by DkKoba »

I'm sincerely sorry
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2762 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 5:47 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 2756, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 2754, DkKoba wrote:
you're right, we had 2 shots and got them on the first one
No, math and i caught them 2 day phases before yall just couldnt bother to read
retired
VFP
VFP
Mafia Scum
VFP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2763 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 9:51 pm

Post by VFP »

In post 2762, DkKoba wrote:No, math and i caught them 2 day phases before yall just couldnt bother to read
Well, more Math than you.
Math played well.

I'm still unsure to why ND made the 1v1 there.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #2764 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 9:54 pm

Post by Flea The Magician »

Ah fair, I read it the other way around :)
VFP
VFP
Mafia Scum
VFP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2765 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 10:00 pm

Post by VFP »

In post 2744, Raya36 wrote:Maybe there needs to be a clearer rule set of what can be discussed instead of just strictly nothing. Strict no claiming of your target or role choice. But setup spec should still be an option
I don't think the rule was bad, and to be honest what I wanted to discuss I don't think would have really broken it, but may have been a gateway to discussion.
Keeping a decent line is always good to prevent game break.

It's a good game type though I enjoyed it.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2766 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 10:11 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 2223, DkKoba wrote:
In post 2192, NDMath wrote:
In post 2186, DkKoba wrote:mathblade and I are clear ty
VOTE: dkkoba

I'm 1-Shot Watcher, koba was the only visitor lol.

I'd imagine that {Robert, Yes, Flea} is the gamewinning poe since two bussers could have easily instead got yes or me elim'd yesterday.
lmao are you really trying to trade here?
In post 2269, DkKoba wrote:i actually want to reread robert because i actually realized i kinda have noticed their existence in this game but not really anything they've said.
In post 2278, DkKoba wrote:
In post 2035, Robert M Hunter wrote:
In post 2000, DkKoba wrote:oh right we have 2 maths here now - ndmath is my scumread, i like mathblade so far
I concur.

I read Flea's all-over-the-place long posts. Flea is wrong about me so I'm skeptical of the other comments.

One thing that jumped at me is that Flea tries to massage KdKoba's ego, like scum ingratiating themselves with a player they know to be town.
In post 2036, Robert M Hunter wrote:
In post 2018, Andante wrote:
In post 2017, flow trap wrote:
In post 2015, Andante wrote:
In post 2013, flow trap wrote:VOTE: ndmath
Why nd?
Why ndt? :P

I'm following DK cause it will get me TRed by them
but I think nd will flip town and Koba also fosses Almost50...
I'm really not seeing what you're seeing.
In post 2040, Robert M Hunter wrote:
In post 2039, DkKoba wrote:NDmath, almost50, and save the dragons makes sense as a scum team to me, especially if yesiree were to flip today as green
NDmath looks like genuine game solving to me?
In post 2204, Robert M Hunter wrote:VOTE: DkKoba
hold on hahahahhaa
In post 2279, DkKoba wrote:mathblade i think it is robert actaully LOL
In post 2294, DkKoba wrote:NDmath>Robert>STD should win the game no matter what

I think robert is the most incriminated based on how shitty their progression is on their partner, as soon as I'm pushing ND, robert popped in and tried to shade me, forgetting they were agreeing with my worldview just a few posts ago.
no, vfp, thats incorrect.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2767 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 10:12 pm

Post by DkKoba »

see, just proving yall didnt bother reading once the guilty was claimed ;)
retired
VFP
VFP
Mafia Scum
VFP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2768 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 10:55 pm

Post by VFP »

But the above was basically what every said.
I said all game Robert was scum.
I said early that ND was scum.

At this point of saying who is scum was a pretty low scum pool as available anyway. I mean, you even wanted to try and push focus towards me as scum The day of your lim as well so there's that. You most likely said majority names or leant a way to keep them available lims (from looking outside) on your last day.
If your reads were consistent I'd be me obliged to follow.
In post 2566, DkKoba wrote:i think out of spite i wanna mark the legacy PoE as Robert>Andante>VFP
I could probably go through a huge list of posts to show why I wasn't wanting to listen to you this game (I even stated this day 1 or 2).
When you're putting Andante in the PoE here, I'm never taking you seriously.
Andante should never have been there.
Thats just my opinion though.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2769 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 11:05 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 2768, VFP wrote:But the above was basically what every said.
I said all game Robert was scum.
I said early that ND was scum.

At this point of saying who is scum was a pretty low scum pool as available anyway. I mean, you even wanted to try and push focus towards me as scum The day of your lim as well so there's that. You most likely said majority names or leant a way to keep them available lims (from looking outside) on your last day.
If your reads were consistent I'd be me obliged to follow.
In post 2566, DkKoba wrote:i think out of spite i wanna mark the legacy PoE as Robert>Andante>VFP
I could probably go through a huge list of posts to show why I wasn't wanting to listen to you this game (I even stated this day 1 or 2).
When you're putting Andante in the PoE here, I'm never taking you seriously.
Andante should never have been there.
Thats just my opinion though.
maybe take a look at andante's play and you realize why.

everyone else was townier than you and andante. you were so focused on the fact you weren't townier than my other townreads and ignored the person at the top of my scumreads probably just being the last scum.

unless you disagreed with me on that point, it made no sense for you to attack me for putting you as an insurance read, that's just ego.

"consistent reads" is a farce. but also my reads WERE consistent. a PoE that assumes a robert!town world however DOES have you as scummy in this game. and it DOES have andante as scummy.

mathblade also echoed my sentiments so i know i am not crazy.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2770 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 11:07 pm

Post by DkKoba »

Like you agreed - robert prob final scum.

cool.

but my pov was reasonable to say that if robert was town, these names might be scum.

you 100% ignored my robert case and me stating several times that "robert is probably just the solve here and this doesnt matter"

all of the town who voted on my wagon were guilty of literally not reading any of Day 3, and that includes you.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2771 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 11:08 pm

Post by DkKoba »

It was a frustrating experience and I hope you 3 learn to better and not repeat this mistake because it was not fun to play in an enviroment where i was just talking to several walls who would not budge because of a claimed guilty and refuse to look at egregious dayplay.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2772 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 11:09 pm

Post by DkKoba »

I get we won, but I was very blatantly town over NDmath and it was extremely embarrassing to see that I was limmed. I don't want players to repeat a mistake like this.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2773 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 11:10 pm

Post by DkKoba »

I don't think either MathBlade or I played badly at all starting on Day 2 and I am not accepting any criticism for this game at all. I have bad games, but this was one of my best games to date in terms of my day play and solving.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2774 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 11:11 pm

Post by DkKoba »

On that note, wanted to share I did nominate MB for a scummy for this game :
In post 40, DkKoba wrote:
White Knight
15/05/21 DkKoba MathBlade Open 809: Charge Me Up! This game was a wrap as soon as day 2 rolled around, however I want to say that MathBlade's replace in helped shift momentum towards town incredibly and their view on the game was top notch.

On day 2, they replaced into the game. Almost immediately he is rereading day 1 and pushing good content into the game. They call out NDmath right away, who ends up as scum, and then later on quote a votecount and call out Robert as scum, and then several posts later, A50 scum! Damn he got the whole scumteam pretty fast on replace in. This PoE creation was a contributing factor in a game where people were chasing the LHF slot Yesiree and such, and put town on track to win the game.

While this isn't directly after their replace in, I want to also bring attention to their play on day 3 when NDMath fake guiltied me to take me down with them, MathBlade was able to actually read between us and call out NDmath as clearly fake, while other townies were just reading the guilty and moving on. They refused to get off track on the solve and ended up eating a nightkill for it, but since their replace in it shows they were on the right track and pushed town into the correct direction despite the town's insistence on doing otherwise. It also was enjoyable to have someone actually believing in me being town when I was fake guiltied.

I think they deserve it.
retired

Return to “Completed Open Games”