Goon

Post Post #26 (isolation #1) » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:01 am

Post by TWAIN »

In post 25, Nauci wrote:
In post 8, TWAIN wrote:VOTE: Rei

I'm more of a Misato guy.
NO SHIT TALKING REI

VOTE: TWAIIN
She's not even human. I bet that if we lynch her another one will spawn next morning.
TWAIN
TWAIN
Goon
TWAIN
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (isolation #2) » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:12 am

Post by TWAIN »

UNVOTE: Rei
VOTE: Irrelephant for not explaining his vote
TWAIN
TWAIN
Goon
TWAIN
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (isolation #3) » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:15 am

Post by TWAIN »

>Twain, why didn't you just ask about it?
Because this early on, with this little to go off of, you became the best vote for me.
TWAIN
TWAIN
Goon
TWAIN
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (isolation #4) » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:13 am

Post by TWAIN »

First game outside the daycare, so no one.
TWAIN
TWAIN
Goon
TWAIN
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (isolation #5) » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:31 am

Post by TWAIN »

Beats a random vote.
TWAIN
TWAIN
Goon
TWAIN
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (isolation #6) » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:52 am

Post by TWAIN »

>>
>Then again, you're... still voting me?
Do I have a reason to unvote straight away when I have no better lead?
TWAIN
TWAIN
Goon
TWAIN
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (isolation #7) » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:31 am

Post by TWAIN »

>>
>well if you were scumreading me for not giving a reason, and then I give a reason, are you still scumreading me? If not, then yes, you should move your vote
The matter of the fact remains you didn't give an answer initially. Yeah it's a flimsy reason, but it's more of a reason than the sea of nothing I have. I find Tchill ignoring you regarding that statement a non-issue. I can understand people saying things just for the sake of it early on.

On an unrelated note, is there a way to actually quote inside the quick reply box? I use the above format because I hate changing pages.
TWAIN
TWAIN
Goon
TWAIN
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (isolation #8) » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:06 am

Post by TWAIN »

>>
>What do you think of him now?
He moved from a -0.3 to a -0.1 pretty much.

>>
>I'm really happy I'm voting this rn. This is just awful
I'm ok with his reaction, since FWIW that's exactly what I was doing.

>>
>Yes, there’s a quote button on the right side of each post.
Yeah, that takes me to the preview page. Don't want that, but the quote to come in the actual QR box. Multiquote isn't of use either.
TWAIN
TWAIN
Goon
TWAIN
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (isolation #9) » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:46 am

Post by TWAIN »

>> (Nauci)
>In the same post explaining that you like to vote people for pressure, you ask someone why they would continue voting someone they may not necessarily be scum reading (on page 3)? Scum POV nervousness about being caught!
Not necessarily. I see it as him trying to figure out whether my intentions are scummy or not.

>> (DrD)
>Wtf does this even mean. Does -1 mean confirmed scum?
More like -10.

>So your strongest read is a -0.1?
Yes (at the time).

>> (Tchill)
>Scum CAN NOT be caught from single rvs post. That's just ridiculous.
True.
>Rvs is pointless when it comes to reads imo.
Not necessarily true. There are inferences you can make every now and then, I mean besides the obvious purpose of RVS to kickstart discussion.

>> (Tchill)
>I'm not dodging anything. Except balls I dodge balls.
Oh just humor the guy and answer him. (never mind, you finally did on page 9)

>> (NSG)
>i mean, i guess. nauci saying that lalendra is lynchbait doesn't mean she has to be town here or anything...
>being lynchbait also doesn't mean you can't be scum. it just struck me as a weird reaction reading through - to be paranoid for a second, kind of like you're talking like you already know that lalendra is town and as such lynchbait and not scum. i would think that town would respond differently to what tchill said there.
The problem is lynching lynchbait for being lynchbait is a bad reason. You're right she may very well be scum, but no one actually proposed lynching her based on a scumread.

>> (Tchill)
>no. Scum want those types of players in lylo.
>Scum SHOULD do what they can to surround themselves with the easiest group to win in lylo. You can NK town leaders, lynch middle of the pack players... for me though. I want lurkers in lylo if im scum.
I definitely understand your thinking, I like you for this.
>It's actually the opposite of perfect for scum to chase. Its the worst lynch for scum to chase.
Sometimes it is the only lynch they can chase (not the case now).
THAT said, skipping right to lynching lynchbait before doing some actual scumhunting is a bad idea. A mislynch is a mislynch after all, and while there are mislynches that benefit scum more than others, that doesn't mean we should just use them for free like that.

I need to re-read the thread to figure out who pings me the most as scum. Also, I find Alchemist's townreading of Rei to be townie itself. I think Nauci might be overly worried about Irrelephant being hard to read rather than trying to paint him in a bad light. Anyway, for now UNVOTE: Irrelephant
TWAIN
TWAIN
Goon
TWAIN
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (isolation #10) » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:51 am

Post by TWAIN »

Alchemist
- townreading him because I know what his gut feeling about Rei is, and had he been scum he wouldn't have announced it (unless he's Rei's scumbuddy, which I'm not buying)
Rei
- townreading her based on the same gut feeling as Alchemist, but with some reservations stemmed from my own experience as scum
Tchill
- honestly I do see where he's coming from, though he's too radical about lynching lurkers; his claim in is a bit iffy but I can't make much out of it currently; somewhat town
DrD
- not much to read him on other than his vote on me and I honestly don't see it as a bad vote, he called it as he saw it; slight town
NSG
- don't really have anything to draw a read on her from; null

>Lalendra

Nauci
- she kinda pushed her case on Irrelephant and I can see why people are scumreading her for that, but I think she might just be hyperaware of him. On the other hand, her worries are not necessarily unfounded. Null.

ejjinami

>>
>btw, the signups for BBT's and DrDoli's wagons are OFFICIALY OPEN! Feel free to join, there will be a 100% discount, this day only!
This feels like lack of commitment. Even with the vote parked on DrD since RVS, it still feels like "hey guise which of these wagons is more believable and should I get in?". And then he just kinda forgets about DrD (complete with vote) while pushing a case against BBT.

I do like though, and the case on BBT isn't without basis, but right now can't townread him. Lower null.

Kop
- only 5 posts, but actually bothered to take part in RVS? Possible scum.
Mumble
- he's made 5 reads so far, yet given no reason for any of them. Too passive. Somewhat scum.
BBT
- ejjinami's case on him isn't bad, and in addition he's been tunnelling Tchill from the very beginning of the game, despite camouflaging it with reading other people. Somewhat scum, could also be lyncher.

Irrelephant

>>
>(wait, his? Twaiin are you a he I'm sorry yes you are, your avi got me)
Did you really feel the need to actually post this?

>>
>lol did NOT mean to click post yet
And did you really not mean to? I now see what Nauci was warning about, these posts of yours really feel like you're putting on an act.

VOTE: Irrelephant
TWAIN
TWAIN
Goon
TWAIN
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (isolation #11) » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:20 am

Post by TWAIN »

>> (Alch)
>I can see your point on all those except the Irrelephant read. Those just seem like typical mistakes someone could have made as either alignment.
I would have glossed over it normally, then I remembered Nauci said he has the habit of faking this kind of behaviour, so actually seeing it will inevitably raise flags.

>> (Irr)
>but because I had some typos/website issues, I deserve your vote?
I didn't even mention the typos? I was talking about the gratuitous remark you made about me? Why did you feel like throwing it in?

>> (Lal)
>In the post before that, the "3 quiet players" - NSG, Kop and me - are your scumreads.
You're right, but the initial quote you replied to is more of a "my only scumreads are pretty damn weak".

>> (Irr)
>I guess isn't a copy or a misrep per se, but "Nauci wants us all to vote Irrelephant, Irrelephant wants us all to stop voting Nauci, therefore they are scumteam" doesn't make sense imo
She only lists it as a possibility, she doesn't look like she believes it. Unless I'm wrong. Am I wrong, Lalendra?
TWAIN
TWAIN
Goon
TWAIN
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (isolation #12) » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:25 am

Post by TWAIN »

>>
>Townrelephant accidentally quotes stuff regularly and politely tries to use the correct gender pronouns
>Don't read him off of "signs" like that: only the content/motivation/narrative/POV of his posts
So you're not referring to the way he writes his posts? That's the impression I got from
>Essentially, he's capable of faking every bit of effort or "townslip"
and
>Irrelephant (who post typos to intentionally look less careful as scum)
TWAIN
TWAIN
Goon
TWAIN
Goon
Goon

Post Post #349 (isolation #13) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:28 am

Post by TWAIN »

Don't have the time, only skimmed through the pages, so I'll just quickly address what was addressed to me tonight.

>>
>How confident are you in that read?

It was a red flag triggered by what I considered to be matching the quotes I pointed out in , in a behaviour I would've otherwise ignored. Now Nauci is saying that's not what she meant
>My disclaimers on Irrelephant is that he has the same "signs" in his writing as any alignment, so don't take things like typos or tone or "slips" as a way to read him, because they don't speak to his POV or views. Like,
he fakes typos as scum
, but makes typos as town, but you can separate whether or not he's playing towards a scum or town wincon instead of his tone.

Now I'll take her word for it, but the bolded part means he's still capable of artificial behaviour, so at least I will still find his gratuitous remark about me suspicious. Nauci's correction is enough for me to UNVOTE: Irrelephant for now, but if I find out it's scum covering for scum I'll be upset.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”