She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #938 (isolation #0) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:34 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 922, Krazy wrote:I'm Jenga gg
Huh.

(BTW my setup; I designed it, so blame me, etc.)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #942 (isolation #1) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:49 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 939, singletonking wrote:Mastina what did you have in mind when you designed the setup
Honestly?
Knowing that it was designed by me, with my fondness for all town neighborhoods, with the intention of the neighborhood to act like a second masonry--I originally tossed around the idea of two, separate, masonries, but couldn't find a way to not make it townsided. (Because four conftown, obv.)

So the second masonry became the neighbors, which I knew was too little, so I added in the neighborizer, with the pt cop. I STILL knew it was too little, but if memory serves me, that was where the review started at, with me relying on my reviewer to refine the balance.

The fruit vendor/MD role was what we came up with, as a role not overpowering the town (most suggestions for more power left town OP), while still giving them more.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #946 (isolation #2) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:54 pm

Post by mastina »

Basically: I started with an idea which I knew was townsided, and nerfed the town; I knew that the nerf left the town underpowered, but had trouble finding a buff which wouldn't push it back into townsided.

Were I to change something, I'd probably first change the fv/MD to be odd-md, even-fv. Since most games only get three nights, that'd give two investigations rather than just the one.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #947 (isolation #3) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:00 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 944, Gamma Emerald wrote:What the fuck was my role even
Also tfw you fuck up claiming your real role but you have an inno as a safety cushion
The idea behind it was to serve as both a soft clear of your slot, AND, soft investigative. You could catch the scum making the nightkill, or catch Springtrap in a lie, while also being mostly untouchable as nigh-conftown. With no multitasking modifier, and being Loud, there'd be no doubt that the fruit was yours.

Like I said tho, in hindsight, you should've been an Odd Night Motion Detector, Even Night Loud Fruit Vendor. Probably made no difference, but COULD have given you more of a chance to catch scum.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #949 (isolation #4) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:08 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 948, Krazy wrote:I actually don't think anyone took designer meta into account; in that regard I don't think the neighborhood or the neighborizor look like very good prs for town. Like they're all protection for the masons against the PT cop but that means this was a mountainous with 2 masons vs 2 goons and a goon with a mechanically compelling fakeclaim
maybe i'm undervaluing the neighborizor/neighbors idk
I think what you're undervaluing is the effect of one or two dead scum. With as little as a single dead scum, Gamma becomes conftown, elevating your conftown from 2 to 3. With as little as one dead scum, Gamma's motion detect becomes a full tracker, almost as powerful as a cop.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #950 (isolation #5) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:20 pm

Post by mastina »

Btw.
In post 940, Slaxx wrote:meh i can't be mad at mastina
Since I'm not infallible, and I knew that this would be a lightly powered town, you probably should be. :P
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #958 (isolation #6) » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:56 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 957, texcat wrote:I was probably never going to believe the PT cop was scum. Sigh.
Another way to approach it was thinking of the town players.
Mason x2
Neighborizer
Odd Loud Fruit, Even MD
Neighbor x2
PT Cop

...leaves you with only three VTs.

While it is
possible
to have a setup with so few VTs, generally speaking, the NRG as a whole shies away from that few as it is veering dangerously close to role madness territory. You're usually going to have four VTs minimum, if not five.

Granted, neighbors/neighborizers are usually not considered to be real power roles, but they are also not TRUE VTs, even if they functionally give the balance equivalent of basically-VT.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #961 (isolation #7) » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:06 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 959, Gamma Emerald wrote:Wait only my ODD NIGHT action was loud?
Correct. Word order is important. You weren't a Loud Odd-Night Fruit Vendor, Even-Night Motion Detector;

You were an Odd-Night Loud Fruit Vendor, Even-Night Motion Detector.

By the former wording, both actions would've been Loud; by the latter, only the fruit vend would be.

Telling your target that you visited them with fruit is helpful; telling your target that you visited them when you motion detected them trips alarm bells for scum, limiting your ability to catch them in a lie. Thus, why we opted for the latter.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”