Mini Normal 2102: Mafia à la Mode! (Game Complete)

Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #2030 (isolation #200) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:26 pm

Post by Mizzytastic »

catching up, sorry I became prodworthy, I've been reading but found it hard to find something to say

if the mass claim hasn't gotten anywhere I think it should, sounds like we've had a bunch of claims now and a complete picture might be useful, plus unless scum have a way of invalidating me and wnat you dead more you don't die tomorrow night, and if they do it's useful context for evaluating claims
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2032 (isolation #201) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:34 pm

Post by Mizzytastic »

actually might not post any more until I wake up tomorrow, finally starting to get tired (at 3:30am), but I will read up, assuming I don't fall asleep on my phone

I do remember wanting to ask DDL why BEF was such a pret vote. It feels like people keep saying stuff is indicative of pret scum without really explaining why, and then just to ignore whatever pret is saying. My read is not informed by pret's tendency to say how every single thing shows how this is his town game. Convince me (or not, I see you've unvoted).
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2035 (isolation #202) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:11 am

Post by Mizzytastic »

I prefer a50. I was scumreading him already and the d2 voting and difficulty getting a Vex vote off the ground d1 makes me feel like the voting supports it. That said the prospect of pret in LyLo still terrifies me.
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2036 (isolation #203) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:20 am

Post by Mizzytastic »

I'm also kind of scared Pret has just pocketed me. But when I cut through to the posts where he is actually explaining reasoning I often feel I can follow it.
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2233 (isolation #204) » Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:17 pm

Post by Mizzytastic »

fuck, I really can't manage multiple games
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2234 (isolation #205) » Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:18 pm

Post by Mizzytastic »

how long to deadline?
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2235 (isolation #206) » Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:24 pm

Post by Mizzytastic »

In post 1873, Skellen wrote:
In post 1860, RCEnigma wrote: Consensus town read that probably should have been the target. If me and Pret is TvT scum wouldn't go near either of us.

Bef seems more like a medic dodge (read as JK dodge) than a kill to weed out the Tris voters or hide behind vca.
Oh, I see, the "she is still alive, she must be scum" angle. I actually disagree with most that I would have been a good target, I basically dug my own grave with both my EoD2 votes that basically were both in favour of A50 which inevitably tied me to him, independent of his alignment. Which is exactly what is more or less getting pushed now, even although I think that view is only one side of the coin.

If anything I was pretty sure that Mizzy would have been the kill, given scum wouldn't chicken out because of the jk-shot. Then I would have thought that bob would have been the next best option for scum as he is as well widely townread and not really tied to anyone. Why isn't it in his case weird either that he dodged the bullet?
I thought you were a good choice but I was half expecting to die n2. When BEF died I had initial suspicions about Skellen but it was "person I was lining up on flips town, why would I do that as scum". If we are gonna go down the rabbit hole of towny considered people looking scummy because BEF we had me, Skellen, bob, ddl and maybe LUV all getting a freeish town pass end of d2.
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2236 (isolation #207) » Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:26 pm

Post by Mizzytastic »

In post 2230, Pretentious wrote:Mizzy’s my new fave.

Solid gambit, Mizzy.
No, just depression still. But argument. Gonna spew and hope it gets my head back into game
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2237 (isolation #208) » Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:28 pm

Post by Mizzytastic »

In post 1875, Almost50 wrote:That wasn't a scum read! That was a PoE pool of the wagon of tris, and he favoured Saladman lynch over mine. It's quite misleading that you assume he wouldn't have reconsidered after the saladman flip.

Some of you also were saying I was scum with Salad, and some claimed I was scum with BEF. Both flipped town so I'm still scum with <insert your favourite illusion>

@Mizzy: I obviously can only link the games that already ended. Here's the last one
that ended
under this account, and here's the last game
that ended
under JJD. It doesn't look like I can link more anytime soon, so you're on your own in that department.
It's normal to look at what people who die and flip town were thinking. I think it's equally disingenous to suggest we don't cos their position might have changed.
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2238 (isolation #209) » Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:33 pm

Post by Mizzytastic »

In post 1878, DrDolittle wrote:VOTE: pret
unless you can give a convincing explaination of what you plan to do with a50. cause rereading last night, i think a50 could be town, but you feel like just running circles around that slot in saying, "hey I can sort a50" while literally not doing anything.

Kills are typically dictated by stronger players, and BEF is a very much you-led and not RCE-led kill.

Plus if you are town and your "reads" have any merit, you would have been NKA today.

Plus you're JK doesn't make sense with the doc AND your "blocks" conveniently whiffed.

Plus ben is town as fuck. Scum doesn't come up with a shitty role such as Tracker-enabler.
Pret can be wrong as town and self aggrandises, doesn't mean his survival makes him scum. I've had an explanation now for why BEF is a pret kill that I can kind of see but it's pretty weak. Not sure I like this
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2239 (isolation #210) » Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:35 pm

Post by Mizzytastic »

In post 1885, DrDolittle wrote:skellen was town and she still is town
Not as convinced on this as I was, but I don't think I'd want to be lynching there - I think if she is scum partners will be easier to find
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2241 (isolation #211) » Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:39 pm

Post by Mizzytastic »

In post 1899, Pretentious wrote:DDL-Skellen-A50 is where I’m leaning right now after the DDL pop in. Too convenient
I can kind of see it. I could also see one of a50 or skellen being an intentional false positive if DDL is scum. A lot of his push does seem to be based on "sick of how pret plays" which is a bad reason for a push - but equally feels genuine. It doesn't feel like a bus though. I'd say scum!ddl means town!pret, but town!ddl could just be sick of pret whatever pret's alignment.
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2242 (isolation #212) » Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:42 pm

Post by Mizzytastic »

In post 1901, DrDolittle wrote:LOL scum has to make a play when they got 2 ML off your shit. No town needs to step up and counter again whatever you are spewing.

I have gotten every single of my townreads right this game so I think it's time to listen to my scumreads too
Of the whole exchange this was the post that bugged me most at the time. Strong townreads on people who get scumread but flip town is something I often associate more with scum, especially using it like this to try and win an argument. Everything else just struck me as DDL sick of pret - this is what pings me most about what is DDLs alignment.
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2247 (isolation #213) » Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:47 pm

Post by Mizzytastic »

In post 1905, DrDolittle wrote:why? that literally makes no sense at all.
This I agree with. Especially as RCE was getting more open to Pret town - the lack of which was the reason I thought it couldn't be TvT in the first place. Also I think I'm the only one who was saying "I don't think this is TvT" and this was still early D3, makes me wonder if one or both of them trying to pocket me by reinforcing this narrative. Though that only works if it was SvS which would be a hell of a bus, even if Pret is more open to exploring him getting bussed.
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2248 (isolation #214) » Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:52 pm

Post by Mizzytastic »

In post 2244, DrDolittle wrote:You know what I'm feeling happy today so I'm not gonna talk to you
I'm mostly trying to catch up anyway. I'm tired, depressed, likely V/LA tomorrow and feel bad I've been neglecting this game. I'm just trying to spew my thoughts to get re-engaged. Yeah, I probably can't read Pret's bullshit. I think I suck at reading people in general. Just hoping I can get something out so a) I don't lynched for lurking cos mental health is a bitch and b) maybe I can spark thoughts for someone better at this game.
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2251 (isolation #215) » Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:00 pm

Post by Mizzytastic »

Oh wait, shit
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2252 (isolation #216) » Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:04 pm

Post by Mizzytastic »

Well in that case I can sleep at least instead of trying to force it. I didn't realise I was responding to twilight like it was normal gameplay
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2253 (isolation #217) » Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:10 pm

Post by Mizzytastic »

any juicy bits to prioritise reading up on (I've now looked at the last few pages)
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2254 (isolation #218) » Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:12 pm

Post by Mizzytastic »

oh, he mentioned me as a reason he didn't do his latest fake claim earlier, guess I can use that to claim my absence contributed something
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2255 (isolation #219) » Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:12 pm

Post by Mizzytastic »

like he wasn't gonna get rung up after that anyways
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2263 (isolation #220) » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:18 pm

Post by Mizzytastic »

I protected bob with his claim.
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2264 (isolation #221) » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:42 pm

Post by Mizzytastic »

Honestly the fact we are both alive makes me super suspicious. I'm a bodyguard, even if you hit my target you get a kill. Though with my defence of pret and disengagement yesterday I can see why you might want to leave me alive.
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2266 (isolation #222) » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:50 pm

Post by Mizzytastic »

Yeah, making mistakes is a big part of being town and I'm kinda bad at this game. I would still argue a lot of your early case is stuff he'd do as town but that's a post game convo now.
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2332 (isolation #223) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:07 pm

Post by Mizzytastic »

I've not read up cos site is being super slow and I'm half awake. If anyone can give me a summary it'll help me get back in the game but I understand why if you don't want to.

If we do mislynch I can think of worse things than me cos at least we know I was truthful about my bodyguard targets then. Honestly I think I should be voting bob until one of us falls over, I can see me not being the target after yesterday but I don't get why he wouldn't be, and cos he seemed to feel fine with my claim until suddenly he didn't and it feels very convenient.
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2575 (isolation #224) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:55 am

Post by Mizzytastic »

Hey, I wanted to apologise for replacing out and say I did keep up with the game.

Am I allowed to talk about why I replaced now the game is over, I wanted to apologise at the time but didn't want to break the rules
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2580 (isolation #225) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:46 am

Post by Mizzytastic »

Ok, well I'm sorry for replacing out then. I took too much on, maybe got a bit too obsessive about the game (yay autism) and burned out, then real life and mental health stopped me getting back in to it combined with knowing I was going to be V/LA and having already mentally prepared myself for being the kill.

I did have a lot of of fun playing and would love to play again with the people here again, though a bit nervy about starting a new game after my V/LA cos I'm hoping to move home soon.

@Amrum - pret played me. I've seen him do some crazy stuff as town in games I read and I think he worked out what buttons to push. As for claiming I didn't think I had the charisma to survive that claim in lylo so I wanted to get it out there cos eating the night kill cos of the claim is almost as good as eating it cos of a successful protection.
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2597 (isolation #226) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:12 am

Post by Mizzytastic »

In post 2592, Flavor Leaf wrote:I actually think this is my first time playing with Mizzy. Mizzy has just heard of the tale of the Leaf
Yeah, I'd recently read 2 games before joining my first normal and I think he was town in both. You've now moved to "I just know I can't sort you well" which is probably better in the long run

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”