bji
bji
Mafia Scum
bji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4130 (isolation #200) » Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:34 am

Post by bji »

In post 4111, mastina wrote:if two goons decide to let their only scum PR die D1
You speak as if we had the entire setup spec to refer to like you do when making your statements.

How could we have known that "doctor activated ascetic" was so important? We were supposed to infer the entirety of our strategy from the existence of this role? And then play it to perfection?

Really I thought that the doctor activated ascetic was there to balance a town vig. I thought it was going to be a game of deciding when to protect a mafia from being shot by the vig versus when to protect itself from being investigated.
bji
bji
Mafia Scum
bji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4131 (isolation #201) » Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:39 am

Post by bji »

In post 4117, Alisae wrote:People should really consider player's roles when bussing
Why? We won. We won using the strategy that always wins in every scum game I have ever played. We acted well. That's all we needed.
bji
bji
Mafia Scum
bji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4132 (isolation #202) » Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:45 am

Post by bji »

Also I still think the game was townsided because I think all of the arguments made about what "should have happened" completely ignore the element of randomness that human interactions bring to this game. The "should have" arguments do seem founded on this notion that players should be able to deduce specifics about setup from limited information where other deductions are equally (or nearly equally) as valid and lead ot vastly different outcomes.

Also I still enjoyed the game and am not complaining.

Also I still think town probably should have won the game.
bji
bji
Mafia Scum
bji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4133 (isolation #203) » Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:49 am

Post by bji »

One thing I definitely learned in this game is to pay very close attention to scum roles and try to deduce what the game designer is trying to get you to do. This is the first game where I've played where I felt like it was set up for the players to play a certain pretty specific way and I will be on the lookout for this in the future.
bji
bji
Mafia Scum
bji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4140 (isolation #204) » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:54 pm

Post by bji »

In post 4137, mastina wrote:Like I said--I don't see any world where you can think the ascetic doctor isn't the strongest scum PR. What possible setup, when you know there's a cop and rolestopper, leads to it not being important?
Well like I said, I thought it was probably just there to protect against a vig. Objectively wrong conclusion? Perhaps.

But with that conclusion, it didn't seem on balance worth dirtying the entire team to save the slot whose (in my conclusion) purpose was just to protect that same scum team who would be so badly dirtied in the process.

Learning experience though. Weird roles require a lot of thought and planning because they're there for a reason and it may not be the most obvious reason.
bji
bji
Mafia Scum
bji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4141 (isolation #205) » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:58 pm

Post by bji »

In post 4134, Datisi wrote:gib scum PT
I wrote a PM to the worst reminding him to open the scum PT. I am sure he'll get around to it ...

The scum PT is long though. Hope you enjoy reading.

Also where is this private Datisi notes thread you were mentioning earlier?
bji
bji
Mafia Scum
bji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4143 (isolation #206) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:00 am

Post by bji »

Still waiting for these mod actions ...

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”