renaissance
renaissance
Townie
renaissance
Townie
Townie

Post Post #169 (isolation #1) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:35 am

Post by renaissance »

Hoopla, do you still townread notscience? He's pinging me as being overexplainey and kinda apologetic in tone. He's also mentioned your reason for townreading him is NAI.

notscience, do you always explain stuff you're thinking several times in different ways like in and ?
Hectic
renaissance
renaissance
Townie
renaissance
Townie
Townie

Post Post #170 (isolation #2) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:38 am

Post by renaissance »

Also, I don't like the :cool: Dog for the way he's reading the N1 vig claim. Why do you have a premise that town would never fakeclaim on day 1, you never seen that happen before?
Hectic
renaissance
renaissance
Townie
renaissance
Townie
Townie

Post Post #172 (isolation #3) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:40 am

Post by renaissance »

In post 168, Emperor flippyNips wrote:
In post 164, renaissance wrote:It's a me!
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

(Is spoilering GIFs something we have to do?)
Hectic
renaissance
renaissance
Townie
renaissance
Townie
Townie

Post Post #173 (isolation #4) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:42 am

Post by renaissance »

In post 161, Gypyx wrote:
In post 65, Emperor flippyNips wrote:are y'all just the scum team.? ..you can tell me if you are
well then, this post looks really weird to me, might be another one of Flippy's joke posts, but it really stands out in his ISO
Why does this thought of his stand out to you?
Hectic
renaissance
renaissance
Townie
renaissance
Townie
Townie

Post Post #177 (isolation #5) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:47 am

Post by renaissance »

In post 69, PranaDevil wrote:Also not a fan of CooLDog attempting to frame Gryp. I want to hear a proper answer to #47 too.
Why do you think of CoolDog's explanation that came in ? Changed your mind?
Hectic
renaissance
renaissance
Townie
renaissance
Townie
Townie

Post Post #178 (isolation #6) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:47 am

Post by renaissance »

*What do you think
Hectic
renaissance
renaissance
Townie
renaissance
Townie
Townie

Post Post #179 (isolation #7) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:50 am

Post by renaissance »

In post 174, notscience wrote:For the most part? I try to put a lot of emphasis on being transparent. You’re welcome to check my game history for a meta read to piss off cooldog, but other than an ongoing I haven’t played recently.

I used to be really good at being transparent and as I’m back I’m trying to refocus on that. Basically used to just town it up, figure out who of the people I’m used to playing with a lot is town, and work with them to sort everything out. Since I’ve been back there hasn’t really been anyone I’m used to playing with so I lost that side of my play so I frankly could be overcompensating on the other side.
Interesting, that sounds like a fun philosophy. What do you do when you roll scum then? I'd imagine it'd be difficult to replicate the same level of transparency.
Hectic
renaissance
renaissance
Townie
renaissance
Townie
Townie

Post Post #180 (isolation #8) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:52 am

Post by renaissance »

Not a fan of Hiraki's mass confusion in . I don't get why he's so befuddled at the Hoopla-related matters.
Hectic
renaissance
renaissance
Townie
renaissance
Townie
Townie

Post Post #182 (isolation #9) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:59 am

Post by renaissance »

Hey, maybe this'll be your Don Corleone game.

I like Gypyx, Prana, and Espeonage. Time to ISO gobbled.
Hectic
renaissance
renaissance
Townie
renaissance
Townie
Townie

Post Post #185 (isolation #10) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:06 am

Post by renaissance »

Eh, I'm out of time actually. I liked notscience's recent interactions with me a little.

VOTE: gobbled

I'm just gonna park here with some townreads for now.

Pedit: I'll be back later!
Hectic
renaissance
renaissance
Townie
renaissance
Townie
Townie

Post Post #187 (isolation #11) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:07 am

Post by renaissance »

Oh wait, this is better.

VOTE: CoolDog
Hectic
renaissance
renaissance
Townie
renaissance
Townie
Townie

Post Post #255 (isolation #12) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:12 pm

Post by renaissance »

@Hiraki: What confused you about those Hoopla questions and do you think they were a cause for concern? Reason I don't like it is because you might be making an unnecessary show of it.

@:sunglasses emoji:Dog: I think you missed my question. Why do you hold the premise that town never fake or jokeclaim on Day 1? You really never seen that happen during your time here?
Hectic
renaissance
renaissance
Townie
renaissance
Townie
Townie

Post Post #256 (isolation #13) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:13 pm

Post by renaissance »

Prana! I like your style but you have also ignored my question. Could you answer if- hang on, I'll link it
Hectic
renaissance
renaissance
Townie
renaissance
Townie
Townie

Post Post #257 (isolation #14) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:13 pm

Post by renaissance »

In post 177, renaissance wrote:
In post 69, PranaDevil wrote:Also not a fan of CooLDog attempting to frame Gryp. I want to hear a proper answer to #47 too.
Why do you think of CoolDog's explanation that came in ? Changed your mind?
Hectic
renaissance
renaissance
Townie
renaissance
Townie
Townie

Post Post #258 (isolation #15) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:15 pm

Post by renaissance »

In post 99, Espeonage wrote:Ok so my thoughts are that I would expect town who believes the claim to go, ok cool good to know. It's bit wifom-y so imma leave it to later or just err on the side of randomness.

Scum however I would expect to look at it as part of the puzzle to solve. As if it is true it can mess with their play / be used as a tool to hide behind. Especially since that was immediately where CD's thoughts went. I think if you think, how can scum use this it would generally be a pretty strong indicator that you are scum.

I expected people to at least attempt to read between the lines but whatever I can spell everything out.

I however on the opposite side don't like this weird as chainsaw shit going on with gobbles either, so there's that too.
This is why I like Espeonage.
Hectic
renaissance
renaissance
Townie
renaissance
Townie
Townie

Post Post #259 (isolation #16) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:18 pm

Post by renaissance »

I like Gypyx because he's been proactively giving reads and engaging for the most part. It helps that he's a newbie too.

On the traitor thing: I think it's probably fine and some cosmic brain paranoia, but Gypyx, have you ever played with traitors before? Where did you learn about them?
Hectic
renaissance
renaissance
Townie
renaissance
Townie
Townie

Post Post #260 (isolation #17) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:23 pm

Post by renaissance »

I can't remember why I liked Prana lol. Good vibes maybe. Seeing something on Gypyx and CoolDog that I agreed with. Maybe I just liked his avatar. It is magnificent btw.
Hectic
renaissance
renaissance
Townie
renaissance
Townie
Townie

Post Post #261 (isolation #18) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:27 pm

Post by renaissance »

I appreciate the invitation to the townbloc, Hoopla. I recieved your letter by post and was quite surprised to find a cake attached to it. It was delicious.
Hectic
renaissance
renaissance
Townie
renaissance
Townie
Townie

Post Post #334 (isolation #19) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:50 am

Post by renaissance »

In post 248, UnaBombaH wrote:
In post 227, Hiraki wrote:the traitor stuff is really dumb and just proves the Gypyx is probably a newbie after all who read the wiki to make himself smarter
Exactly the opposite IMO! :]

Had he read about traitors, he wouldn't just ask "how common they are". He would know the roles normal guidelines and that's all that matters.
Strange that you assume that if he's read about traitors, he'd know about normal guidelines or how common traitors are, which are two entirely different topics.
Hectic
renaissance
renaissance
Townie
renaissance
Townie
Townie

Post Post #336 (isolation #20) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:56 am

Post by renaissance »

In post 299, gobbledygook wrote:I said I had very different reads than everyone. :P

Like I said, my CoolDog read is conditioned upon something.
Ooo, withholding secret reads. My favourite.
Hectic
renaissance
renaissance
Townie
renaissance
Townie
Townie

Post Post #339 (isolation #21) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:03 am

Post by renaissance »

In post 334, UnaBombaH wrote:
In post 325, CooLDoG wrote:fishing for meta reasons to dismiss the traitor wierdness as being scummy. THis is basically offering up a softball for him to hit out of the park. THis is the opposite of scum hunting.
This x10.
CooLDoG is my favorite townlean so far anyway.
How? It's the definition of scum hunting. If Gypx has never played with traitors before or gives an unreasonable explanation for where he's heard of them, that is scummy. If he's played with one before, his paranoia is a lot more plausible and that is towny.
Hectic
renaissance
renaissance
Townie
renaissance
Townie
Townie

Post Post #347 (isolation #22) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:12 am

Post by renaissance »

I see. I think it's more likely he's actually a paranoid townie talking about some new role he's read up about rather than a traitor who crumbs in a very obvious and conspicuous manner. Surely there's far better ways to crumb traitor rather than just talking openly about traitors.

@Umbreon: You're right about the wiki layout, but why do you think knowing traitors are normal is the same thing as knowing "how common they are"? Something might be normal, but that doesn't tell you how often they're included by mods.
Hectic
renaissance
renaissance
Townie
renaissance
Townie
Townie

Post Post #352 (isolation #23) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:18 am

Post by renaissance »

Have you played with Hoopla before?
Hectic
renaissance
renaissance
Townie
renaissance
Townie
Townie

Post Post #472 (isolation #24) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:02 am

Post by renaissance »

In post 383, Gypyx wrote:And Renaissance, i don't really see where you're pulling the townread from
What don't you get about it?
Hectic
renaissance
renaissance
Townie
renaissance
Townie
Townie

Post Post #473 (isolation #25) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:04 am

Post by renaissance »

In post 384, CooLDoG wrote:gyphx. It's a hoopla, espe renassance scum read. Vote for hoopla. You know that list is scummy as hell. She says she is town hunting, but doesn't really provide reasons for it. AND her lynch pool is basically the entire town so she can wagon hop. Vote hoopla. You know this is the correct choice.
I'm scum with her because why? I haven't even defended her, I'm just neutral. Also, I don't see how you're so confident on her when a large part of her play seems to be playstyle. I recently read Team Mafia 2015 and uh... yeah
Hectic
renaissance
renaissance
Townie
renaissance
Townie
Townie

Post Post #474 (isolation #26) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:18 am

Post by renaissance »

In post 436, UnaBombaH wrote:..and second of all..
In post 398, Hoopla wrote:gypyx is likely only scum if there is a traitor. his alignment could sort itself out without us guessing, if one were to flip at some point.
But we do not know whether he'd be the traitor himself. Meaning that unless he's ever flipped himself, we might not get the confirmation that a Traitor exists. :]

There, now I'm done with the subject, and will look for scummy posts with a different perspective.
I still don't get this. If Gynx is OG scum, then he doesn't need to signal to his traitor by talking about them, since the traitor already knows who the scum are. If he's a traitor, that's possible the worst possible way to crumb traitor, right? I think his traitor paranoia is NAI in terms of traitors being in the game.
Hectic
renaissance
renaissance
Townie
renaissance
Townie
Townie

Post Post #475 (isolation #27) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:23 am

Post by renaissance »

I don't want to lynch Hoopla because I enjoy her style of posting. I wouldn't say I have a good read on her though.

:cool: Dog's overconfidence is an eh, like to the extent where he's looking for Hoopla's scum buddies and looking for associatives, but now he's already considering other wagons like Espe?

Prana, I don't get your SvS theory. If you have so many qualms with Hoopla's analysis, and think she might be bussing Flippo, then why not vote Hoopla instead?
Hectic
renaissance
renaissance
Townie
renaissance
Townie
Townie

Post Post #476 (isolation #28) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:28 am

Post by renaissance »

In post 372, UnaBombaH wrote:
In post 348, renaissance wrote:@Umbreon: You're right about the wiki layout, but why do you think knowing traitors are normal is the same thing as knowing "how common they are"? Something might be normal, but that doesn't tell you how often they're included by mods.
I'm not sure what more I can say on this, and I honestly do not feel like doing it anymore either. But.
WHY did he feel the need to ask how common they are?
He can see it from the Normal Guidelines that they EXIST, that is all the relevant information.
If they are ultra-rare - so what?
If they are in almost any game - so what?
Instead of immediately coming out with their "theory" on scum!Espe (it was Espe right?) based on an assumption of a Traitor, they felt the need to ask how common they are first.
So, why? :]

They felt like making a post with the sole purpose of mentioning a "traitor"?
Or they DIDN'T check the wiki at all - which raises the question why so many already assumed they had checked the role there and therefore mentioning it isn't scummy at all... :wink:
Knowing how common they are would tell you how likely it is that you've spotted a traitor crumb. If they happen to be fairly rare, you should pay potential traitor crumbs less mind. If they're very common, you should be extra careful and looking out for them. Why are you just disregarding those factors with a "so what?". I don't believe your thought process here.

VOTE: Una
Hectic

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”