cool cookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (isolation #1) » Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:59 am

Post by cool cookie »

In post 41, Pan Smierc wrote:t3 town
why? sequencing felt to me like:

1. T3 makes random vote claiming "hard scumread"
2. T3 makes a point of acknowledging the "hard scumread" bit was not serious (slightly odd thing to clarify as it was obvious)
3. T3 calls out somebody for also transparently random voting on the same wagon, also slightly odd.

so my starting point is t3 mildly scummy.

In other related news VOTE: dArby
cool cookie
cool cookie
Goon
cool cookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (isolation #2) » Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:02 am

Post by cool cookie »

also just a warning in advance, apologies if you find me hard to understand or strange to type. My way of words was a bit controversial in my last game so please be tolerant.
cool cookie
cool cookie
Goon
cool cookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (isolation #3) » Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:05 am

Post by cool cookie »

In post 43, ben dover123 wrote:If you're gonna do a RT at least do it right.
Pan Smierc wrote:t3 town
^

T3
---------- purge line ----------
everyone else
Pan

P-edit:
Pan Smierc wrote:Me posting intentionally scummy to get attention and move the game along: cool and good
Me actually reaping votes from it: *pika surprise face*
??? You have 1 vote other than yourself.
yes i dont like this. wont be surprising if i sheep you this game.
cool cookie
cool cookie
Goon
cool cookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (isolation #4) » Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:15 am

Post by cool cookie »

In post 58, IOnlyAskWhy wrote:
In post 55, cool cookie wrote:My way of words was a bit controversial in my last game.
Why?
before the end people said i talk weird and it got me labelled as scum by a few town people. its not the first time but usually people dont treat me as alignment indicative
cool cookie
cool cookie
Goon
cool cookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (isolation #5) » Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:36 am

Post by cool cookie »

In post 65, T3 wrote:something town me is really bad at is Getting Townread
in all my recent scum games except one i've endgamed
we played together before, you were pretty widely scumread as I recall, but still managed to evade danger and win as scum. probably partly thanks to me so not a happy memory
cool cookie
cool cookie
Goon
cool cookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (isolation #6) » Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:40 am

Post by cool cookie »

In post 64, T3 wrote:
In post 54, cool cookie wrote:
In post 41, Pan Smierc wrote:t3 town
why? sequencing felt to me like:

1. T3 makes random vote claiming "hard scumread"
2. T3 makes a point of acknowledging the "hard scumread" bit was not serious (slightly odd thing to clarify as it was obvious)
3. T3 calls out somebody for also transparently random voting on the same wagon, also slightly odd.

so my starting point is t3 mildly scummy.

In other related news VOTE: dArby
I wasn't sure if the vote was random or not.
maybe. i think it looked very likely random, and your post assumed it was very not random. it was a weird pivot in the early stages.
cool cookie
cool cookie
Goon
cool cookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (isolation #7) » Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:01 am

Post by cool cookie »

In post 80, ben dover123 wrote: cookie scummy
oh dear this is not good news, I'm very town on you haha.
In post 83, Klick wrote:VOTE: cookie

A lot of faer focus is currently on how fae are going to be read this game in a way that scum like to do
I think I made 1 post on that, and then responded to a follow-up question. you were actually in my last game so you would know why I thought it good to start on the right footing. so I think this take is a bit disingenius at best.
In post 84, Egix96 wrote:
In post 76, Klick wrote:
In post 73, Egix96 wrote:
In post 72, DArby wrote:
In post 57, IOnlyAskWhy wrote:
In post 23, Pan Smierc wrote:Why=fry
Why?
In post 58, IOnlyAskWhy wrote:
In post 55, cool cookie wrote:My way of words was a bit controversial in my last game.
Why?
Out of policy this can go.

VOTE: Why
Do you not think that there's enough content to be able to form even a couple of rudimentary reads? Thus kinda feels like you're just trying to take an easy way out.
What are your reads, then?
Ben is a light town lean for . Sure, it's thought process, but I'm not seeing much in the way of overtly towny content so far this game.

and from cookie are bugging me, mainly because not only does fae vote one person right after calling someone else mildly scummy, but also that the latter post feels pockety.

Not only is Klick's opening post a bit LAMIST, but is also awkward.

VOTE: cool cookie
I'm not really sure on the word pockety, but post 56 was an overt buddying. I have experienced Ben's play before this game, so if town he will be a key asset and he is vibing town for me so far. knowning Ben, almost a guarantee he will vote me now as is his nature.

the take on post 54 is fair. I wanted to:

A. See how people would react if I put someone at -2, especially without explanation. sometimes you can draw out a bad faith take that way (scum can assume the worst and be more close-minded than town who will consider possibilities and ask questions).
B. Particularly interested in whether it got a reaction from T3 or dArby, in case there was a hero Day 1 solve in me. seems unlikely but what if T3 and dArby were scum, T3 did the obligatory distancing vote on Day 1, and then got cold feet when it started to get a bit of momentum. since my last observation, T3 switched back to criticism of dArby. but not convinced dArby is scum individually and the reaction seemed fine.
cool cookie
cool cookie
Goon
cool cookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (isolation #8) » Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:10 am

Post by cool cookie »

...i played in a large normal before. anyway you are not giving me good vibes T3, making bold claim of your own towniness already in post 105.
cool cookie
cool cookie
Goon
cool cookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (isolation #9) » Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:15 am

Post by cool cookie »

it doesnt make much difference, you still needto do pronouns
cool cookie
cool cookie
Goon
cool cookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (isolation #10) » Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:40 am

Post by cool cookie »

whats an RT?
cool cookie
cool cookie
Goon
cool cookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (isolation #11) » Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:51 am

Post by cool cookie »

ah, in that case I don't have an issue with RTs. we are sophisticated people capable of discerning motivations if people talk enough. understand the basic principle that a reactiontest could be unhelpful in that you cant take someones action at face value but you can still hold them to account for it and expect them to justify it. early in the game i think its perfectly legitimate.
cool cookie
cool cookie
Goon
cool cookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (isolation #12) » Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:56 am

Post by cool cookie »

In post 119, ben dover123 wrote:
mozamis wrote:The why policy lynch is defintely worth going fro, I have been in a few agnes where town dont lynch the annoying movekty act, and it screws town over later on.
But why isn't annoying...? I don't see the problem here.
And if you are town then your win condition is to kill scum, not PL anyone you think is gonna be unresolvable. Let night actions take care of that.
cool cookie wrote: A. See how people would react if I put someone at -2, especially without explanation. sometimes you can draw out a bad faith take that way (scum can assume the worst and be more close-minded than town who will consider possibilities and ask questions).
B. Particularly interested in whether it got a reaction from T3 or dArby, in case there was a hero Day 1 solve in me. seems unlikely but what if T3 and dArby were scum, T3 did the obligatory distancing vote on Day 1, and then got cold feet when it started to get a bit of momentum. since my last observation, T3 switched back to criticism of dArby. but not convinced dArby is scum individually and the reaction seemed fine.
Nooooooooo stop doing RT's please. They don't work as well as people make them out to be.
Also yea this was a bad RT that shouldn't have happened.

Also wait what I've played with you before? If I'm supposed to remember who you are I unfortunately forgot because its been 6 (?) months since I was last on this site.

I retract my scumread on cookie for the time being while I reconsider how this RT affects faers alignment but bleh.
i didnt oversell the benefits of the RT, what was so instrinsically bad about it? bold seems a bit dramatic. i wouldnt expect you to remember me
cool cookie
cool cookie
Goon
cool cookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (isolation #13) » Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:05 am

Post by cool cookie »

In post 125, ben dover123 wrote:
In post 65, T3 wrote:something town me is really bad at is Getting Townread
in all my recent scum games except one i've endgamed
This is the quote
I don't see why scum!t3 makes this point out of nowhere.
on reflection, I disagree. if T3 if town, there's a disconnect between this post where T3 claims to be bad at getting townread as town, and the post I noted earlier where T3 was overly confident in playing up own 'towntells' (which incidentally is hard for me to attribute to T3-town on its own, but context shows a contrast also).

also as a rule of thumb, if someone is especially good as scum, I generally set a higher bar for townreading them. be wary of confbias but also no soft touching
cool cookie
cool cookie
Goon
cool cookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (isolation #14) » Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:10 am

Post by cool cookie »

In post 132, ben dover123 wrote:The issue with the RT is that 1. You put Darby at E-2 for no reason and for no explanation and 2. It completely backfired as that RT was really scummy.
1. I had a reason - nobody asked, and I had a justification for not being forthcoming, which I clarified in short order.
2. I'm not convinced it "completely backfired", or had much impact at all. I think you're unfairly criticising me here or at least making a lot from a little. Why do you think it was "really scummy"? talk to me about the motivation?
cool cookie
cool cookie
Goon
cool cookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (isolation #15) » Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:25 am

Post by cool cookie »

In post 137, ben dover123 wrote:I just thought that it was scummy because you randomly placed a vote on Darby (which put him at E-2) without giving any reason before then
or after (at least until the gig was up)
as well as RVS was ending at that point so I personally thought it was a scummy move. But I'm just gonna let bygones be bygones because the fact that your RT was or was not bad doesn't matter to me now.
didnt I give a reason the next day? So again, I think you're overplaying it - in real world you can assume i have job and sleep. on whether 'RVS was ending', i guess that's subjective but also not sure I see the relevance. Think probably if you're town you might have instinctively felt it was scummy which is fine, but not sure you would say the same if I ask you in a week. i guess mafia is best played as a mix of gut feeling and logic.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”