Goon
Laplacian
he/they
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #174 (isolation #1) » Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:29 am

Post by Laplacian »

I've played one game with House so far, and this is exactly how he acted as town in that one, including the fast af claim
Laplacian
Laplacian
he/they
Goon
Laplacian
he/they
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (isolation #2) » Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:31 am

Post by Laplacian »

RTP gives me townfeels as well. nothing concrete, but silly posts + cute bunny with a tragic past goes a long way towards building trust
Laplacian
Laplacian
he/they
Goon
Laplacian
he/they
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (isolation #3) » Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:40 am

Post by Laplacian »

In post 160, House wrote:
In post 157, Something_Smart wrote:House, you should reveal as IC so we can add "twice" to your sig.
Nah.

Hardclaim: Town Jester
sorry, "claim" would be more accurate. it needs those quotes :giggle:
Laplacian
Laplacian
he/they
Goon
Laplacian
he/they
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (isolation #4) » Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:45 am

Post by Laplacian »

Okay, I'm caught up and Frogsterking's post stuck out the most for me. It feels a lot like "I made a helpful town thing, look how townie I am!". If he posts the survey and it is legit helpful, then consider this retracted, but until then it's blatantly grabbing for trust.
VOTE: Frogsterking
Laplacian
Laplacian
he/they
Goon
Laplacian
he/they
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (isolation #5) » Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:01 am

Post by Laplacian »

I'm not sure if I should be more offended by the double vote, or by them both immediately moving on to talk about anime. Ouch
Laplacian
Laplacian
he/they
Goon
Laplacian
he/they
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (isolation #6) » Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:27 am

Post by Laplacian »

In post 194, Datisi wrote:i could give it a watch once my uni responsibilities die down a bit! if i start watching it now and it's good, i won't stop until i finish it, and that's not good news for my grades. :shifty:
In post 182, Laplacian wrote:Okay, I'm caught up and Frogsterking's post stuck out the most for me. It feels a lot like "I made a helpful town thing, look how townie I am!".
If he posts the survey and it is legit helpful, then consider this retracted
, but until then it's blatantly grabbing for trust.
VOTE: Frogsterking
anyway, now that i'm back from my walk - this is not a town post. the bolded is what especially bugs me. *what* is the point of that? assume laplacian is town. why would he post this? why would he be giving his scumread a roadmap on how to get back on his good side? i feel like a townie here who finds the exsitence or lackthereof of the survey would wait to see if the person posts it themselves. this feels more like trying to overjustify their scumread rather than actually trying to read someone.

if this were an older player, i could see this being a reaction test of some sort, but i think it's less likely to be one coming from a new player, so.
First, I'm assuming that he was posting it no matter what. Since saying "I'll post this useful town survey" and then not posting it is even more sketchy. Reevaluating my stance when the survey appears is just natural, and so it's natural to say it.

Second... okay, yeah, explaining what would change my mind is definitely a habit I get should rid of in mafia. Establishing what would change your mind is great for real life, bad for scumhunting. I stand by my vote though.
Laplacian
Laplacian
he/they
Goon
Laplacian
he/they
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (isolation #7) » Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:33 am

Post by Laplacian »

In post 195, Reformed Toxic Player wrote:laplacian i think u could be town talk to me :3
Hell yeah let's talk. Have any good food lately? I made porkchops with a mushroom & whiskey sauce last night, was pretty tasty.
Laplacian
Laplacian
he/they
Goon
Laplacian
he/they
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (isolation #8) » Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:35 am

Post by Laplacian »

In post 199, Reformed Toxic Player wrote:Laplacian do u hate me :c I wanna talk to u and u ignore me :c :c :C
Not ignoring, just typing slow :3
Laplacian
Laplacian
he/they
Goon
Laplacian
he/they
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (isolation #9) » Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:38 am

Post by Laplacian »

Food is just as good as the game though, just saying...

As for innocentvillager, yeah, little sus. Three posts with one vote, one "Im town", and one about naked voting. And if naked voting is wrong, I should probably get some pants
Laplacian
Laplacian
he/they
Goon
Laplacian
he/they
Goon
Goon

Post Post #450 (isolation #10) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:16 pm

Post by Laplacian »

The survey says I'm a Taurus and should be in Ravenclaw, pretty sure that makes me town.
Laplacian
Laplacian
he/they
Goon
Laplacian
he/they
Goon
Goon

Post Post #452 (isolation #11) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:31 pm

Post by Laplacian »

Anyway, while Big 5 / FFM was made up by actual psychologists and is used in some research, it was still made by taking an assload of subjective observational data, tossing it into a bag of linear algebra, shaking them together and hoping it works. The results are non-orthogonal, omit fundamental aspects of human nature, and traits like neuroticism trivially change based on the testee's mood. Saying "factor analysis" isn't a pass btw; algorithms are biased if their data is biased. My personal favorite was a hiring algorithm where the strongest traits it looked for were playing high-school lacrosse and being named Jared. Yes, researchers get results out of OCEAN tests. Alchemists got results too. Pretending this survey is objective and flawless is peak comedy, and accusing people of being closed minded for dismissing it is some freshmen psych student bullshit.
Laplacian
Laplacian
he/they
Goon
Laplacian
he/they
Goon
Goon

Post Post #458 (isolation #12) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:40 pm

Post by Laplacian »

I should probably actually play the game too. frogster is townlean because of the sheer effort but I'm leaving the vote on them anyway because I scored 0.16969% on the openness temperament and a 420% on the grumpy at misusing psych tests trait. House still town, Datsi's giving me good townfeels too with good contributions and thought out posts
Laplacian
Laplacian
he/they
Goon
Laplacian
he/they
Goon
Goon

Post Post #459 (isolation #13) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:41 pm

Post by Laplacian »

In post 455, VP Baltar wrote:I don't know Laplacian's alignment, but he makes me laugh.
I aim to please
Laplacian
Laplacian
he/they
Goon
Laplacian
he/they
Goon
Goon

Post Post #777 (isolation #14) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:50 am

Post by Laplacian »

ffff that's a lot of posts. I'll fully respond once I'm off work, but 1. frogster's 592 case is garbage and 2. what exactly is "lunchbait"? I have ideas from context, but want to make sure.
Laplacian
Laplacian
he/they
Goon
Laplacian
he/they
Goon
Goon

Post Post #780 (isolation #15) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:57 am

Post by Laplacian »

In post 778, Aristeia wrote:it means you are an easy elimination because you are naturally scummy when town.

Frog is asking what the odds are that you are a townie being run up for being scummy rather than a mafia being run up.
What I thought, thanks.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”