Mini Normal 2276: Around the World - Game Over!

Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1276 (isolation #200) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:50 am

Post by Crescent »

Oh. I just thought you wrote lockscum instead of locktown on accident and didn't bother questioning it.

Why was Scamper scum earlier again?
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1288 (isolation #201) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:15 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 1286, Ausuka wrote:The urge to lolhammer exists but I must resist it
Corwin hasn't posted in over 46 hours. Johnny has one post in the last ~40 hours, and has no content since speaking against the Corwin votes in #1058, roughly 43 hours ago. Marci hasn't posted in 25 hours, and her only content post in the last 48+ hours is that question of why people are townreading Scamper.

As obvious scum as Corwin is here, I feel like two other people have completely vanished from the game. We kinda can't hammer under these circumstances.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1290 (isolation #202) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:26 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 1289, Ausuka wrote:scum have given up tbh :good:

But yeah I agree I don't actually want to lolhammer, I was trying to be funny to limited success
It should surprise absolutely no one that I'm autistic and generally don't properly register attempts at humor and especially sarcasm. Most times I try to be sarcastic, I find my intent obvious, but no one else does.

I usually figure out sarcasm by rationally deducing the intent. The more direct the communication, the better I absorb it. If I'm given half an order to do something, there's a chance I won't process the other half of what I'm supposed to do at all, even if it should be obvious. I will however, make completely obtuse yet correct connections between things at times that makes other people go "wut".

I also have a semi-photographic memory and never truly "forget" anything long-term, yet I can completely forget what I did 3 minutes ago and have no idea where I put something. It's why I generally remember every argument I've ever made in a game. I would say I still remember most of the arguments I made in both 2272 and 2273.

Like, I'll most likely remember that specifically post #1015 hard triggered me on Corwin if you ask me in a game 3 months from now.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1292 (isolation #203) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:30 am

Post by Crescent »

I didn't see it as an attempt to be "funny". I saw it as a matter of fact kind of post.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1294 (isolation #204) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:37 am

Post by Crescent »

Going to be honest I kinda don't even care what Corwin claims. He's been gone for almost two days, and there's too much that says he's scum for me to believe any claim he makes at this point.

I'm more interested in why two players seem to have completely vanished alongside Corwin, one of which was the second-most active poster in the game before Corwin's train took off. Corwin himself is a set deal for me at this point.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1297 (isolation #205) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:39 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 1295, Gamma Emerald wrote:I see marci hasn't posted in over 24 hours, but who's the other that disappeared?
In post 1288, Crescent wrote:Johnny has one post in the last ~40 hours, and has no content since speaking against the Corwin votes in #1058, roughly 43 hours ago.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1298 (isolation #206) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:40 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 1296, Ausuka wrote:Tbh I care less about that because like I have a feeling Marci and Johnny are still going to be with us on day 2.
I would rather get some explanations and content out of them on
day 1
than let them lurk until day 2.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1301 (isolation #207) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:43 am

Post by Crescent »

Could argue Freedom doesn't have a content post since 25 hours ago, but he gives off a similar vibe as STD as "Just hanging around waiting for things to happen".

The other two feel like they're actually avoiding the game.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1305 (isolation #208) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:59 am

Post by Crescent »

What does WIM mean?
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1308 (isolation #209) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:10 am

Post by Crescent »

Oh hey Corwin exists.

Right as I'm bringing up that I feel like Marci and Johnny have vanished from the game... I wonder if that's really a coincidence.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1310 (isolation #210) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:14 am

Post by Crescent »

Oh I know. It's awkward that he said something about it in the hood specifically and not the game, but there's no reason not to believe that much.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1312 (isolation #211) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:19 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 1311, Ausuka wrote:Fair, maybe I misunderstood your post
The thing I thought about specifically was if this is going to turn into some kind of "falling on the sword" to distract us. I don't question that he had a problem, but the timing of the return makes me wonder a bit.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1316 (isolation #212) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:36 am

Post by Crescent »

The bigger problem with a JK claim might be that it's very easy to hide a JK claim by having a RB.

I can accept that reasoning for how big the explosion at Scamper was, unless he specifically had an explosion that large in the newbie game.

But it's also only one part of the argument. You've played a very passive game - Nowhere near as assertive or aggressive as #2273. You made one specific post (#1015) that flies completely in the face of that game. Both Alex and I find your immediate and then consistent town-clear of me scum indicative, and frankly your approach to me so far has given me the outright impression that you
fear
me. You never showed fear in 2273.

You're also being compared by multiple people to being exactly what you were like in your last scum game, both in your play and overall reactions.

I'll accept that explosion can be NAI, but there are a lot more things to account for.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1320 (isolation #213) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:42 am

Post by Crescent »

Oh wait do you guys even get notified of roleblocks here, or is that why the "checker" role that was in 2273 exists - to check for roleblocks? Where I primarily come from, most games have a roleblocker, and almost every roleblocker notifies their target that they were roleblocked if they tried to commit an action that night. It makes JK a very tricky claim to parse as a result.

Or is this a host specific thing?
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1326 (isolation #214) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:47 am

Post by Crescent »

I played maybe 3 games ever there that didn't notify a target on roleblocks. The way I've learned to meta an every-night JK claim is effectively irrelevant here. Wanted to make things clear.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1329 (isolation #215) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:51 am

Post by Crescent »

Yeah the meta I'm used to is
everyone
gets a roleblocked result.

But if your target was redirected, you only get notified you were redirected if you're an investigation role. Your resulting scan will tell you the person you actually targeted. If you're anything else, you'll know your action was successful, but you won't know where it landed.

Random fun story time: There was a player who was "unknowing backup detective" who was told he was town vanilla (Roles like this are virtually nonexistent there). The detective died night 1, and he inherited a result on
himself
night 1 because the previous guy scanned him.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1334 (isolation #216) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:56 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 1331, Ausuka wrote:I don't think I've ever actually played a game with a redirector in it unless you count bodyguard
Aren't redirecting roles banned in MNs? Bus Driver is the most common one. I've seen the occasional one-way redirector (usually on scumteams that lack a roleblocker) and a some Lightning Rods, though the Lightning Rods I've seen (with a single exception) were different in that they targeted one specific player and absorbed any action that targeted that player, kinda like a super bodyguard.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1342 (isolation #217) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:01 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 1330, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1319, Bellaphant wrote:You know what, this may be controversial but I'm actually inclined to town just leave corwin for today. He did mention some rl shit in the newbie and like....if he's scum, we don't need to sort it today.

I'm soft, though.
scum post
VOTE: bellaphant
Does Corwin buddy up Bella right away if they're both scum?
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1352 (isolation #218) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:13 am

Post by Crescent »

I kinda feel like I'm just sitting here waiting to see if Corwin is actually going to address all the other points on him or if he's just going to claim JK and vamoose.

Feel like Gamma jumped at something that's awkward, but isn't nearly as bad as it's being made out to be.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1354 (isolation #219) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:15 am

Post by Crescent »

Because Gamma unvoted and then Ausuka put him back to 6 immediately after to mess with people.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1358 (isolation #220) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:19 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 1357, Ausuka wrote:It's been like 10 minutes give it like a day and he'll probably be dead tbh
It's actually been almost an hour since his claim, it just doesn't feel that long. He defended strictly what he thought was the #1 argument against him and... That's it.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1361 (isolation #221) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:22 am

Post by Crescent »

STD being out for blood is giving me town "Just get the obvious scum dead already" vibes.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1363 (isolation #222) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:24 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 1360, Corwinoid wrote:Honestly cresc, I have a life and it's still midday for me, calm down.
Datisi and STD both said to murder you immediately. I've actually given you time. Popping in again after an hour to direct this at me makes no sense in the current context of the game.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1365 (isolation #223) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:35 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 1364, Ausuka wrote:I think gamma is wrong about that Bella post and Bella just made a typing error idk it happens

That being said I think Gamma reading into it felt towny, it kind of felt like it was a gotcha moment on his end if that makes sense?
What vibes are STD giving you?

I'm reading his recent posts as "town that's sure the vote is on scum and just wants it over with already", and I can kinda relate because it's hard for me to see anything happening to convince me Corwin isn't scum.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1369 (isolation #224) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:47 am

Post by Crescent »

Two things holding me back right now. There's still 4 1/2 days left and going this early goes against my general policy. Tthere is a point where it's a net negative for town to let it drag for too long, though we're probably not there yet.

Also hammering when there's a player in the game who hasn't posted in 28 1/2 hours feels kinda gross.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1372 (isolation #225) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:00 am

Post by Crescent »

STD craves the scent of blood and it's amusing me.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1374 (isolation #226) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:07 am

Post by Crescent »

I'm laying in bed with a half asleep purring cat on me and I'm totally chill while I'm internally debating what to do. I've had moments in this kind of situation where I just say "screw the code" and do. Last game's day 3 both trains felt woefully weak for trains that were -1 and I wasn't going near either. In this situation it kinda feels not like a matter of if, but when.

But also half asleep purring loaf of cat.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1396 (isolation #227) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:29 pm

Post by Crescent »

How am I too time impulsive when two people immediately reacted with "kill him immediately"?

Makes no sense as a criticism of me.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1397 (isolation #228) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:31 pm

Post by Crescent »

In post 1395, scamper wrote:
In post 1313, Corwinoid wrote:
In post 1258, Roden wrote:
In post 1256, Ausuka wrote:
intent to hammer

This is clearly happening so we might as well speed things up in case we want to decide on another wagon with comfortable time
I also intend to hammer.

At this point I'm mainly just waiting for Corwin to show up and respond to posts.
JK

I don't have the energy to go through everything in the last 10 pages post by post to rebut it, and I know that's shitty. The big point I guess is that I blew up at scamper because I was arguing with my wife at the same time; I've been out while we discuss separating--I wasn't expecting it.
ugh i'm so sorry ):

i feel bad now, idk what i want to do here
We stay the course because the like 5 other reasons to think he's scum still hold.

I'm specifically holding out more to get posts out of our missing people than anything.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1404 (isolation #229) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:39 pm

Post by Crescent »

In post 1400, Alexcellent wrote:UNVOTE: Corwin

Idk I think I need to reassess this game tbh.
Will wait for Corwin to post and address points against him. Agree that JK claim is very… plain for a game that supposedly has an ascetic Miller. Gut reaction is to not buy it but I’m also not comfortable with Corwin being at E1 any more.
I also don’t think Marci comes in with those posts as scum given that she’s a likely launch if Corwin isn’t being voted off today.
Pedit - snap
I think she does if she and Corwin are both scum because there is absolutely nothing to lose by making such a stand. It only reflects on her at all if Corwin is town, and Corwin is 99% not town.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1410 (isolation #230) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:52 pm

Post by Crescent »

Oh and I'll go further and say the scum motivations are way more obvious than the town motivations.

Corwin is one of the only people in the game Marci has actually made a case against for being scum. She has in no way indicated she now thinks he's town, yet she's offering herself to be voted off anyway? It's blatant not playing to win as town as a grand but empty gesture as scum that tries to give off a vibe of self-sacrifice.

I actually scum read her now. I was still trapped in neutral, but there is no actual reason for that to have come from town.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1412 (isolation #231) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:53 pm

Post by Crescent »

In post 1405, Alexcellent wrote:I guess if they were both scum and Corwin’s like a scum PR I could maybe see that. Idk. There’s a lot against Corwin tbh. Those posts by Marci just make it tough to see her as scum now.
If there are 4 neighbours, an ascetic Miller and whatever Bella is, does a JK really fit here?
When Corwin flips scum those posts singlehandedly have me going after Marci tomorrow. I don't see town in them at all.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1414 (isolation #232) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:54 pm

Post by Crescent »

In post 1406, marcistar wrote:
In post 1352, Crescent wrote:I kinda feel like I'm just sitting here waiting to see if Corwin is actually going to address all the other points on him or if he's just going to claim JK and vamoose.
this specifically makes me think ur just jittery to do sumn abt the claim instead of waiting to see his natural follow up
Yeah I had like two hours to hammer him and didn't. I was being patient.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1415 (isolation #233) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:55 pm

Post by Crescent »

In post 1413, marcistar wrote:
In post 1410, Crescent wrote:Corwin is one of the only people in the game Marci has actually made a case against for being scum. She has in no way indicated she now thinks he's town, yet she's offering herself to be voted off anyway? It's blatant not playing to win as town as a grand but empty gesture as scum that tries to give off a vibe of self-sacrifice.
in my pov its not against win con for a vt to offer themselves up instead of someone who claims a pr

but also i kinda lowkey forgot corwin was a neighbor
You've never once implied you actually think he's town now. It's completely hollow.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1417 (isolation #234) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:00 pm

Post by Crescent »

And what of the reasons to suspect him that have nothing to do with his explosion?

Which includes the reason you said you suspected him.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1419 (isolation #235) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:02 pm

Post by Crescent »

In post 1418, JohnnyFarrar wrote:I must have skipped a page somewhere, I feel like I missed something
Missed what exactly?
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1422 (isolation #236) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:08 pm

Post by Crescent »

By the way Marci claiming scum here is exactly the reason I don't like quick hammers and why I wanted to wait for people who had basically disappeared to post.

You need those reactions because sometimes they fall right into your lap <3
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1424 (isolation #237) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:11 pm

Post by Crescent »

See that isn't even the reasons he got suspicion. That's just an easy excuse to make.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1426 (isolation #238) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:17 pm

Post by Crescent »

In post 1425, JohnnyFarrar wrote:
In post 1324, Datisi wrote:i also wouldn't cry if we yeet marci instead
I don't love this as an alternative, either.
Corwin first, Marci second.

It's been a consistent process of multiple people having independent reasons to suspect him. The AtE isn't relevant.

The
only
reason I ever considered hammering was out of fear that town would blow it and let him live. Towns have a habit of letting scum this obvious stay alive for far too long if they let them get away once.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1429 (isolation #239) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:21 pm

Post by Crescent »

3 people have now called Marci town for taking a stance that makes me believe she is scum.

Interesting.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1432 (isolation #240) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:27 pm

Post by Crescent »

Yep. The primary reason not to end the day is to get everyone's thoughts out before we hammer the scum.

Why is Alex still your #1?
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1436 (isolation #241) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:31 pm

Post by Crescent »

In post 1434, JohnnyFarrar wrote:Because I think he's actually scum
What is your current case on him? He's the only one you've called scum and you've been doing it all day.

I feel like I've put up more of an actual case against Alex today than you have.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1440 (isolation #242) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:41 pm

Post by Crescent »

In post 1437, scamper wrote:
In post 1435, Save The Dragons wrote:It's still Crescent Corwin and johnnycakes
i put a 0% chance crescent is scum with them
I never have a town game without 1 or 2 random guys in the game calling me scum every couple of posts, I'm kinda used to it.

In 2272 it was Scorpious. In 2273 it was Corwin. What's interesting is the player who does it is often town.

Much like 2273, a team with both me and Corwin kinda makes no sense. Vivax, who was town, had this crazy conspiracy theory we were both scum but could never actually justify it.

STD has no reason to keep pursuing me if he's scum. It reads to me as him legitimately pinging hard off of one of my NAI traits and refusing to let it go no matter what.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1442 (isolation #243) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:43 pm

Post by Crescent »

In post 1438, JohnnyFarrar wrote:I'm not much of a 'case' guy. He feels slimy. He feels opportunistic. When he shows up I'm always like 'yeah you would say that right now'
Opportunistic is a word I have personally used to describe him.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1444 (isolation #244) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:48 pm

Post by Crescent »

In post 1441, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 1437, scamper wrote:
In post 1435, Save The Dragons wrote:It's still Crescent Corwin and johnnycakes
i put a 0% chance crescent is scum with them
I think healthy ice cream tastes good
Sorry. I wanted to live in your world and see what it's like to be completely wrong about something
See this is 2273 Corwin right here - The outright refusal to even entertain any slight possibility that I am town.

I have half the game hard town reading me, but he refuses to let go of a single point that has him convinced I am scum. I already know nothing I can do will change it.

STD is town. Scum almost never do this with me.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1448 (isolation #245) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:51 pm

Post by Crescent »

In post 1443, scamper wrote:
In post 1340, Gamma Emerald wrote:nah bella scumclaimed
I caught a grammatical error that indicates she backtracked on calling Corwin town and instead opted to just say she was leaving him alone for today
i'm not really sure i see it but this is a towny post
It was a mega overreaction of an "ah ha!" Moment.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1449 (isolation #246) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:54 pm

Post by Crescent »

Also I don't care for all the setup meta on Corwin's claim. It's day 1 and we have
zero actual information
. It should not be any sort of determining factor in regards to Corwin.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1451 (isolation #247) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:00 pm

Post by Crescent »

I'm pretty sure he meant Bella because her picture is a Penguin.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1452 (isolation #248) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:03 pm

Post by Crescent »

Ok my OCD is kinda taking over I'm going to step back for a bit.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1461 (isolation #249) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:48 pm

Post by Crescent »

It bothers me that he was paying enough attention after his claim to immediately snipe at me for effectively correcting Ausuka saying "it's only been 10 minutes" by saying it had been almost an hour, yet offered no content of any sort in the process.

I see him continuing to focus on all the wrong things.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1462 (isolation #250) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:06 pm

Post by Crescent »

In post 1456, JohnnyFarrar wrote:
In post 1447, Freedom wrote:There would be too many Town PRs and suggest that Mafia has some fancy PRs too.
This part
I kinda agree it looks weird, though it might be overthinky more than scummy. Like, Ausuka's claim arguably isn't even a PR to begin with. The setup metaing in general has been dumb, but I have no idea where that one's even going. It seems to be making a bunch of random assumptions at once.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1468 (isolation #251) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:47 pm

Post by Crescent »

Sometimes weird words slip into posts that make no sense but don't really mean anything. The "town" in that post had no discernable context. I didn't really read anything into it.

I've seen some amazingly bad posts by town before. I once saw a town member say "Because
we
would have taken a big risk not blocking him last night" instead of
they

He basically got policied for it by people who didn't even think he was scum. I generally don't believe in perspective slips unless it's a specific circumstance such as a player seeming to know too much about someone else's alignment.

Also, MN2273 had 4 town power roles.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1474 (isolation #252) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:48 pm

Post by Crescent »

In post 1471, Freedom wrote:
In post 1470, Roden wrote:Who are the potential four town PRs?

Ausuka/Bella/Corwin/???

Unless you're counting the hood?
I am.
I know that I'm Town.
Therefore, at least 4 Town PRs.
If Hoods counted as a PR, then MM2272 had 6 town PRs.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1477 (isolation #253) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:51 pm

Post by Crescent »

He's not already dead. He's still at 6.

That kind of total fake content post makes my trigger finger itchy though.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1479 (isolation #254) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:53 pm

Post by Crescent »

Oh I thought Roden put him back to 6 and didn't even read the VC. Poking at Ausuka's claim is like, the absolute cheapest form of "content" you could possibly provide right now.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1481 (isolation #255) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:55 pm

Post by Crescent »

In post 1476, Ausuka wrote:It is absolutely a serious claim

Idk if Corwin's already dead but I realised his role would be jk neighbour which is slightly less plain I guess
2272 had a Gunsmith Neighbor that obliterated the Scum Neighbor.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1484 (isolation #256) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:57 pm

Post by Crescent »

Bella has not claimed, nor has there ever any need for her to do so.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1487 (isolation #257) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:04 pm

Post by Crescent »

Setup meta on day 1 with no true information is dumb in the first place. I've also never once assumed Bella is actually claiming a PR. In any case, a Bella claim today under present circumstances is unacceptable.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1488 (isolation #258) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:08 pm

Post by Crescent »

4 posts. All still focusing on the wrong things. No real content.

1: Pokes Ausuka's claim - Cheap.
2: Rolefishes Bella - Nope.
3: Passively defends Marci without giving a reason - "Ok".
4: Acts like setup meta is a significant factor in the votes on him. Does not address any of the actual reasons he got votes in the first place - Avoidance.

Everyone has now caught up, and these posts do nothing for me except for make me more town lean Bella a little more.

VOTE: Corwin

I'm going to bed. I don't have an internal argument for letting this drag any further.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1519 (isolation #259) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:58 am

Post by Crescent »

I wrote a miniwall at home but I'm not home so I can't post it at the moment but the cliffsnotes of it is that Corwin flipping
aligned
makes Alex look way worse than him straight flipping scum would've looked, and that Datisi is my most probable third strictly by POE with Corwin and Alex.

Ex: I stand firmly by post #705. Alex started these actions under pressure while voting for, but before explaining his vote on Bella, then didn't even vote Corwin later on. I believe Alex was going after a soft target of opportunity as a diversion and had no idea he was drawing attention to another scum.

Scamper and Bella still look great though. Genuinely scumhunted him and look better from Corwin's own actions on top of it.

More when I get home.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1556 (isolation #260) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 4:53 am

Post by Crescent »

Home now. Wall time.

What Corwin flipping aligned means:

All the arguments about the early sus of him having to be "Busses" are moot. They would not have known he was anything but an easy target. This actually brings my attention squarely back on one person....
Scamper and Bella still look good based on Corwin's actions.
The people who really put the pressure down on Corwin look better (Which again includes Scamper and Bella), because it was still genuine scumhunting. The people who looked like they were just along for the ride do not.

I distinctly recall a post I made earlier: Post #705. Let's just put it in cliffnotes:

"His only 3 attempts to go after Corwin were aimed at drawing Shoshin towards him.

I don't feel good about Corwin so far, but this reads to me as scum Alex trying to get town Shoshin to notice town Corwin. There's no actual feeling of "solving" from anything he has done in regards to him."

Alex only does this under pressure, while his vote is on Bella, and starts doing this before he even explains his vote on Bella. I believe it's exactly what it looked like - Alex did not have Corwin pegged as traitor, and was trying to get Town Shoshin to go after him as a diversion. Alex is also in the group of being "just along for the ride" as far as Corwin's train went.

Corwin specifically flipping
aligned
fits better alongside scum Alex for reasons such as above. Conversely, it makes Marci's recent outburst feeling like less of an outright scumclaim. That outburst flipped me from Corwin/Alex to Corwin/Marci. The
aligned
reveal flips me back to Corwin/Alex.

Furthermore, we had exactly three players all day never place a vote on Corwin: Marci, Bella, and JF - who sat there up Alex's ass all day for reasons (such as opportunism) that I frankly agree with.

You can argue Marci basically never had a chance. She vanished into the ether as he made it to 5 votes, and I think her lack of voting on her return is justifiable (Alex made a notably bad argument shading her for this). Bella didn't place a single vote since post #93 when she voted for Marci.
JF was notably against the train, but that defense was consistent from before it was pointed out how dead obvious a scum Corwin was. If anyone comes out looking better from an aligned flip, it's him. An Alex scumflip makes me feel extra good about JF's chances of being town.

What this means is: The chance is pretty high that both scum voted for Corwin at some point. The first place I'd look to for the second scum is that initial rush of 5 votes, as I have serious doubts of the purity of that rush. Scamper, STD, Datisi, Gamma, and Freedom.

Scamper is almost certainly town. Freedom is probably town and very likely town if Alex flips scum. I have independent (albeit totally self-metay) reasons to think STD is town. This leaves just Datisi and Gamma. Both of them definitely fit in the more "along for the ride" category as far as actually pushing Corwin's train goes - Though Gamma shoed in on Corwin/Alex fairly early, and Datisi trailed off kinda hard after the claim.

Corwin/Alex/Datisi has a fairly high chance of being the solve by day 2 standards - Datisi strictly by POE rather than play. The interesting thing is that I actually think that scumteam probably shoots Gamma tonight anyway.

What's funny is this was originally meant to be like.. A short collection of notes, and it just kept extending as I felt I had more to read into it. Given I was all over Marci at the end of the day, and the solve no longer feels like it includes her, I don't expect to die tonight anyway. This is still nothing compared to the bomb I dropped on day 3 in MN2272 (Which might be the best wall post I've
ever
made). I never did anything like it in MN2273, but I did have a wall post to start day 3 the last time I was scum many moons ago. Hurray random variances in play~
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1562 (isolation #261) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 4:58 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 1552, marcistar wrote:mfs like "marci corwin seems too easy" and then changes his opinion quickly and makes sure im in all his team solves
Alex jumping around changing teams around with no reasoning for any of them feels pre-emptively flaily to me.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1565 (isolation #262) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 5:08 am

Post by Crescent »

It is scum motivated to propose 4 different teams at the start of day 2 for no reasoning at all. It reeks of "Look at anyone but me".

Kinda like what you did with Shoshin and Corwin~
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1567 (isolation #263) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 5:16 am

Post by Crescent »

Oh and speaking of Corwin, the only things you ever actually argued against him were directly copycatted from me. You were never actually active in pushing him as a vote, and only went out of your way to draw attention to him before you realized he was scum. You then followed some of my reasoning on him because you felt you had to, as you were also in 2273 and would know my reasons were correct.

Anyways, good luck trying to argue that any of Scamper, Bella, and I, did not genuinely believe Corwin was scum. Those two are near-townclears to me. I won't accept any scumteam that includes those two.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1568 (isolation #264) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 5:18 am

Post by Crescent »

#1546 says "It's not Corwin and Marci"

#1548 lists two teams
#1549 lists one team, which includes Bella so it gets instantly nixed.

And the only thing you even say about me is it would explain Corwin's play, when the opposite is true. Corwin was afraid of me. Corwin was probably afraid of Bella too.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1571 (isolation #265) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 5:37 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 1569, scamper wrote:ok so

- i think the rest of the hood is probably town

- while i realize we cant give credit for having pushed corwin since he flipped traitor, i still think crescent is very town

- i think ausuka, gamma. and datisi are all probable town on play

- my poe rn is just johnny/marci/alex/bella
You can give credit if it seemed genuine, which is why I'm keeping you and Bella off the table. Your actions towards Corwin and his response to you says you are town, aligned or not. Corwin trying to buddy up to Bella and Bella consistently pointing out he was the same as his recent scum game says she is town.

The thing I have is I don't like Alex in a team with Marci or Johnny in it, hence expanding the POE. I think JF is probably town with an Alex scumflip, and Alex's really bad late shade on Marci felt like an attempt to put pressure on her after Corwin got voted. Alex probably figured out by then that Corwin was traitor, and was trying to stir the pot against Marci. His actions towards her yesterday in general just don't feel like scum/scum.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1573 (isolation #266) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 5:39 am

Post by Crescent »

Additionally: I don't think Corwin blatantly rolefishes at Bella late in the day if Bella is scum. I can't see him having the forethought to create that kind of distance.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1577 (isolation #267) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 5:45 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 1574, scamper wrote:
In post 1571, Crescent wrote:The thing I have is I don't like Alex in a team with Marci or Johnny in it, hence expanding the POE. I think JF is probably town with an Alex scumflip, and Alex's really bad late shade on Marci felt like an attempt to put pressure on her after Corwin got voted. Alex probably figured out by then that Corwin was traitor, and was trying to stir the pot against Marci. His actions towards her yesterday in general just don't feel like scum/scum.
explain what you mean with the alex stuff?
Johnny spent most of day 1 up Alex's ass. When he gave reasons for it, I agreed with those reasons. Corwin flipping traitor makes his passive defense, like Marci's passive defense, not look nearly as bad. For those two to be scum together means Johnny did effectively nothing but bus Alex all day, even before he had any pressure at all.

Alex has a really bad vote on Marci's train. After calling her town twice, he suddenly says he's sold and votes her without giving a palpable reason why. Sure, this can be bussing, but later on when she doesn't vote Corwin already at 5 votes (a perfectly reasonable, NAI play), he immediately tries to set her up as scum for it. Ausuka at this time still wanted Marci dead over Corwin, and I could see this as having been an attempt to swing momentum back to Marci, after having figured out Corwin was probably traitor. The argument he uses on her is so bad it feels desperate. Freedom buying into such a bad argument without thinking is probably lazy-town reaction, though.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1579 (isolation #268) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 5:54 am

Post by Crescent »

Oh and you hit the nail right on the head: If I'm scum who knows I have a traitor, and that's Corwin's first post, I
immediately
suspect it's Corwin. I don't sit there hoping a different game ends so I can drop a nuke on him that he can never recover from. Like I wasn't joking when I said he was "99% not-town"~

See, I didn't even have to make the obvious argument for you <3
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1582 (isolation #269) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 6:05 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 1580, scamper wrote:i reread alexs progression on maerci, and while the sudden reversal from townreading her to jumping on her is a bit odd, im not sure it couldnt come from town, and im not sure why the assumption is he might have figured out corwin was traitor but JF passively defending corwin cant have been for similar reasons...
Because JF was internally consistent. JF was defending Corwin before it was obvious Corwin was scum. JF was shading Alex before Alex had any pressure. It was Corwin basically disappearing for two solid days that made most of the remaining holdouts lock in on him. Alex felt like he was using Corwin as an early game distraction, and then switched to using Marci as more consistent late distraction.

There isn't really much in JF's ISO, but it does track to a possible lazy-town thought process. His chances of being scum are markedly higher if Alex is town, as it means that lazy all-day tunnel was on town, but I don't see it being both of them.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1592 (isolation #270) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 6:16 am

Post by Crescent »

I have been in two games with Roden and both games he died night 1 as one of the lowest volume posters.

Roden scumread both Alex and Marci together for most of the day, but then at the end of the day said he suggested he still scumreads both, but doesn't think it's both.

In 2272, I thought scum might've just been trying to kill a PR when they shot him because there wasn't a lot there. There isn't a lot in this ISO that suggests he'd be shot specifically over reads. Like, he does mention in #885 that he finds Alex's vote on Marci really bad and that he could at least see a scenario where it was scum Alex voting town Marci, but he kinda fencesits the two of them almost the entire day.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1593 (isolation #271) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 6:17 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 1589, scamper wrote:
In post 1543, marcistar wrote:its not okay im so embarassed that i didnt read..

akneeways idk who scum is lol
In post 1549, marcistar wrote:
In post 1172, marcistar wrote:im not scum
im not really sure what marci is doing right now...
I haven't had a clue what Marci is doing since this game started so....
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1602 (isolation #272) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 6:43 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 1597, scamper wrote:bc doing what ur doing right now is incredibly unhelpful and irritating
Marci comes off to me as someone who's either actively trolling the game, or someone who just has absolutely no idea how to play it. I constantly oscillate back and forth between these feelings.

I'm trying to read her through the actions of others (Such as thinking Alex scum = Marci town), because it all comes off as so fake that she's completely unreadable to me. I may as well just flip a coin on her otherwise.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1604 (isolation #273) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 6:55 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 1603, marcistar wrote:
In post 1599, scamper wrote:like i would expect you would not be unfamiliar with the situation of being under pressure in a game, this isnt ur first game, but ur acting like its the end of the world
yeah im not unfamiliar with it
in like 90% of the games i play im always sused

it is thr end of the world tho, how do u expect me to want to play when yall r gonna be like this
To be blunt, you've done little that resembles actually playing to begin with. It's a self-defeating stance to hinge on.

You barely generate content, and you get sussed for it. You then complain about the suspicion without acknowledging it's that kind of unhelpful behavior that generates that suspicion on you in the first place. Like, regardless of your alignment, you've gotten nothing your own play doesn't warrant.

You don't seem to understand that
you
are the problem, not everyone else.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1627 (isolation #274) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:01 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 1523, Bellaphant wrote:Ugh. I feel set up and played.

Alex's positioning on rit is horrible though.
Oh yeah I was meaning to ask what exactly does this post even mean?
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1630 (isolation #275) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:18 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 1628, Datisi wrote:
In post 1556, Crescent wrote:What this means is: The chance is pretty high that both scum voted for Corwin at some point.
how does the prior text follow into this?
Because I had already checked off the only 3 people who had never voted for Corwin. Alex being scum takes Marci and JF off the table, and Corwin being scum took Bella off the table.

If Alex is town, Marci and JF are revisited. Otherwise, the other scum had to have jumped on him at some point. Obvious first place to look is the initial surge of 5 votes.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1634 (isolation #276) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:47 am

Post by Crescent »

A lotta people got sucked into the AtE so that doesn't really mean much to me. He tied himself to me in his opening post as well. Anyways...
In post 1482, Corwinoid wrote:Counting the hood as a PR seems strange to me.

Did Bella ever actually claim, or did she just soft claim with the 'something weird' post? Did I miss a post here?
In post 1485, Corwinoid wrote:
In post 1484, Crescent wrote:Bella has not claimed, nor has there ever any need for her to do so.
But people are assuming she's a PR to assess setup against my claim.
When it comes down to it, this may be the best part of the argument for you being town as far as I'm concerned. Corwin does not strike me as a player with the foresight to make posts that are obviously rolefishing you if he knows you are scum. What I saw was someone who looked to be trying to force questions (such as going after Ausuka's claim) instead of answering the questions that were already there.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1643 (isolation #277) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 1:36 pm

Post by Crescent »

In post 1642, JohnnyFarrar wrote:
In post 1512, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Mafia team is aware of your existence but not your identity or your specific abilities
Ok, so they didn't know Corwin was bulletproof or whatever. That means it wouldn't have necessarily been their priority to defend him, even if they suspected he was traitor
Scum could not have known Corwin was traitor until it was dead obvious he was scum, which I don't think happened until I launched three arguments at once at him and he disappeared for almost two days.

It's specifically why the aligned flip makes you look way better than a normal flip would've. You effectively have plausible deniability that you were defending scum.

What are your current reads?
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1648 (isolation #278) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 4:05 pm

Post by Crescent »

How can something be due for a revisit if it doesn't appear to have been visited in the first place?
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1667 (isolation #279) » Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:28 am

Post by Crescent »

It's had it for a while.

I've had it like two years, but I've never played it. My OCD goes berserk with those kinds of games. What I did to Rune Factory 4...
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1676 (isolation #280) » Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:05 pm

Post by Crescent »

In post 1674, scamper wrote:
In post 1672, JohnnyFarrar wrote:
In post 1569, scamper wrote:ok so

- i think the rest of the hood is probably town

- while i realize we cant give credit for having pushed corwin since he flipped traitor, i still think crescent is very town

- i think ausuka, gamma. and datisi are all probable town on play

- my poe rn is just johnny/marci/alex/bella
1. We are mind melding on the first two points

2. Your POE was entirely
off
the wagon? I don't think you're scum but I do think you need to examine your thought process
why do you think mafia were on the wagon? the traitor flip screws up all my thoughts on the wagonomics, i thought mafia might have been distancing from the elim expecting a town PR flip
I think the chance of scum being in the first 5 votes is very plausible with how quickly they flew on.

And did anyone actually buy Corwin's JK claim? Bella and Marci were the only two who seemed interested in showing him any sort of mercy at all, and Marci was more because she thought he was being "bullied".

There are exactly 3 people who never voted him. Thinking the solve is that easy is dangerously lazy.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1682 (isolation #281) » Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:36 pm

Post by Crescent »

Is anyone with a scumread on Gamma ever actually going to explain the scum read?
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1683 (isolation #282) » Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:38 pm

Post by Crescent »

In post 1681, Alexcellent wrote:
In post 1482, Corwinoid wrote:Counting the hood as a PR seems strange to me.

Did Bella ever actually claim, or did she just soft claim with the 'something weird' post? Did I miss a post here?
This is the sticking point though. I read this initially as Corwin kinda flailing and attacking other claims to try and make his fake claim more believable, which probably gives more support to town!bella, although this just be distancing I guess
This requires foresight that I'm not sure Corwin actually has. He was using her to defend himself from the setup meta so he didn't have to defend himself from the actual arguments against him.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1686 (isolation #283) » Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:02 pm

Post by Crescent »

Also I was on record before he came back and claimed that I didn't actually care what he claimed because no claim was counteracting how strongly I thought he was scum at the time. I [i[think[/i] I was the only one with that stance, but I'm not positive.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1700 (isolation #284) » Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:54 am

Post by Crescent »

JF has 8 posts today.

6 have absolutely no value.

7th is basically sheeping me on Scamper. Also says Scamper needs to re-examine his thought process.. At least Scampwe has a thought process.

The other is his one true content post that says the most likely scum on Corwin is Gamma, and 36 hours later we still don't have a reason why. It kinda looks like he ripped someone right out of the POE in my wall without thinking it through.

He voiced some very light suspicion on Gamma in #634 yesterday, but the reason is very vague and an excuse is made not to pursue it. We still don't know what Gamma did towards me that spurred it.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1710 (isolation #285) » Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:50 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 1708, Datisi wrote:really? wasn't he collectively null at best at eod1?
Yep. I would think Johnny wouldn't have made a kill last night unless the other scum was in an even worse position than he was.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1717 (isolation #286) » Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:18 am

Post by Crescent »

The AtE has been nonstop all game.

Also, I've been cleared to return to work effective this upcoming Monday... Which means I may end up pretty busy dealing with things around the deadline today.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1725 (isolation #287) » Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:25 pm

Post by Crescent »

It's all a matter of meta really.

...Very interesting that obvtown Scamper's the only unvote here.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1728 (isolation #288) » Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:54 pm

Post by Crescent »

I love how I start the day by saying the most likely POE is Alex + Datisi or Gamma, and it's specifically those 3 people now sitting on Johnny after Scamper's unvote.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1749 (isolation #289) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:08 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 1742, Gamma Emerald wrote:VOTE: crescent
I think she’s trying to play both sides here. Before STD’s result she was shading JF and after she tries to sling mud onto the JF voters
Except you tried to do it with Corwin/Bella, and now you're trying to do it with Bella/Ausuka.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1750 (isolation #290) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:19 am

Post by Crescent »

I'd like to mention though in general, this vote fits in line with the vibe I have gotten from Gamma today. Gamma is throwing shade all over the place: Alex, Ausuka, Bella, JF, and myself so far. No one else has consistently tried to throw mud on as many different players as Gamma, who is now voting me for slinging mud onto a consistent group of people I've already said I think scum is part of. I don't even know where the Ausuka shade is coming from.

...It is interesting how the name "Datisi" does not appear in a single Gamma post today outside of quoting Scamper once.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1751 (isolation #291) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:31 am

Post by Crescent »

And lord I don't know how many times it takes to nudge JF into actually giving an argument because I was interested in hearing it but zzz.

marcistar Jul 01, 01:42pm Jul 12, 04:22pm 0 days 19 hours 203
Ausuka Jul 01, 01:32pm Jul 12, 02:32pm 0 days 20 hours 209
JohnnyFarrar Jul 02, 03:09am Jul 12, 01:38pm 0 days 21 hours 75
Save The Dragons Jul 01, 01:25pm Jul 12, 11:07am 1 day 0 hours 70

...Ok this game has kinda just gone inactive in general. All that day 1 energy kinda just died.

Regardless, good luck arguing yesterday that I didn't genuinely believe Corwin was scum and that I wasn't genuinely out to mutilate him. Much like I chided STD with day 1... A vote that soft on me is effectively worthless.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1753 (isolation #292) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:44 am

Post by Crescent »

Actually that does point to a larger problem.

4 people I think are more-likely-than-not town being inactive is... Really bad. Like, shades of 2273 bad.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1754 (isolation #293) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:46 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 1752, Ausuka wrote:
In post 1716, Gamma Emerald wrote:I was concerned that you're only now acknowledging the AtE as potentially towny
I feel like it's been happening a while before you took it on board
Do you not think I might have been referring specifically to the AtE that happened shortly before I made that read
Can you point out what specific AtE this was? I feel like I'm starting to develop mental blocks for actually remembering Marci's actions so far.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1757 (isolation #294) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:58 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 1755, Ausuka wrote:
In post 1718, marcistar wrote:
In post 1712, Ausuka wrote:Gamma why are you Sus of me
:shifty: :shifty:
I mean this feels like what he was doing earlier when she suspected the Shoshin/freedom slot when they were being fairly obvious town for no apparent reason?

Idk I just think it's flimsy and given that everyone else is able to townread me I find it suspicious. I think it's difficult to see the motivation to play like that as either alignment but it's maybe easier to see as coming from scum than a genuine town thought process.

Pedit: You know I'm not a lurker I'm just ill. I promise I'm not trying to be inactive
That's the thing though. The vote on me is because they're claiming I "played both sides" between JF (who I've never indicated I think is anything other than lazy town today) and my already established POE.

They've done worse than this today with you and Bella (One of you tried to "buddy" the other? How?), tried to save Corwin (who they never made their own argument against) when it was obvious Corwin was scum, with that awful vote on Bella (How were people townreading this vote?), and you add Shoshin into the mix. I feel like Gamma's been trying to play "sides" multiple times this game, so it feels odd that that's the reason I'd get voted by them. It doesn't feel like that vote makes any sense with the way Gamma themself has played so far.

Shading the specific 3 people who are on Johnny (who happen to be my current POE, after the one person on that vote I straight up townread unvoted) after pointing out how useless Johnny had been is consistent play for me. I point out uselessness and I nudge at useless players, and it's not always for the purposes of shade. Gamma knows this from 2272.

I have seen no reason today to think the scum isn't still in my POE.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1758 (isolation #295) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:04 am

Post by Crescent »

Quick note: My first vote in 2272 was mid-day 1 on Andres. It was for the sole purpose of just getting him to talk, and I unvoted as soon as he actually did something. I did the same on day 1 with Gibus in 2273. As soon as he actually showed back up, my vote immediately came off. I was shaded in both games for this, and I didn't care. If I have to "throw mud" at an inactive to get them to do something, I will, and Gamma knows it.

The primary difference is no one in this game was inactive enough to warrant it until Corwin was already about to die, and that was not the time.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1759 (isolation #296) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:06 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 1756, Ausuka wrote:
In post 1605, marcistar wrote:okay open my iso

read the first bunches of posting

yknow where i sused asuska and then eventually sused datisi? that IS actual game content whether yall agreed or not

why would i actually try again when suddenly everything i do is useless?
okay keep making me feel like an idiot and see how many reads thatll make me produce.
This specifically pinged town to me
Hm. Interesting. I can see it.

I've been pretty clear Marci isn't in my POE today anyway, but I can see the possibility of "dejected town" in that post.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1760 (isolation #297) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:13 am

Post by Crescent »

Oh and I actually do want an answer to that question:

Gamma's vote on Bella yesterday is possibly the scummiest thing in the entire ISO. How is this still getting townread?
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1762 (isolation #298) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:24 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 1761, Datisi wrote:why is johnny town
The fact that the three votes on Johnny were the only three people I've ever humored voting off today is more than enough to make me want nothing to do with it.

..Even if he doesn't seem to want to actually do anything. I thought I'd at least get SOME response from him when I pointed out how useless he's been.

The only thing that's actually happened so far today is Gamma starting to challenge Alex for who I want to vote off first. It's been a very low energy day, and I haven't seen any compelling reason of any sort to believe I am wrong in my POE so far.

I'll take my chances with a 50% cleared JF who has all the people I think might be scum on him being town.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1764 (isolation #299) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:30 am

Post by Crescent »

And I've seen days like this before all too often. You have a high-energy scum voteoff, and then you have a really lazy day that usually ends up in some random semi-inactive town dying just for existing because people just aren't trying.

I have a pretty solid towncore right now, but I feel like they haven't been around consistently enough for town to actually control the narrative today. STD for example has done virtually nothing.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1768 (isolation #300) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:41 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 1763, Datisi wrote:lol

would you rather wagon gamma or alex
That's what's come into question recently. At the start of the day it was Alex. What I dislike the most out of their recent play comes from Gamma though.

I dislike the way Gamma has continued to go about shading Bella and Ausuka today. I townread both, and Gamma has been trying to set them up as a 1 town/1 scum since yesterday. There has been no actual explanation for comments like "I think one of you is buddying the other".

But where the play really loses it's feeling of consistency is when probably the biggest fencesitter in the game votes someone for fencesitting.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1771 (isolation #301) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:08 am

Post by Crescent »

Yeah you kinda are that obviously town which is why we need more from you than we've gotten so far today.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1775 (isolation #302) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:13 am

Post by Crescent »

You tried to set up an awkward but harmless looking Bella post as indicative that Bella was scum and Corwin was town.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1778 (isolation #303) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:16 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 1774, Save The Dragons wrote:started a new job this week and i'm getting married on Saturday

so i'm effectively V/LA

im trying to keep my head above water. i have some time today so i'll try to spend it looking at this game
My own job situation is probably going to severely crimp my activity soon, which is part of why it's concerning how low-energy this day has been. I don't think I'm going to be in any position to carry momentum the last 2 days of day 2.

It's going to be exactly 8 weeks out of work that I'm returning from. I have a lotta paperwork to deal with soon, and then I really can't risk posting at work, as I have to build my "cred" back up first. I was good enough at my job that they didn't really care if I occasionally poked at my phone before.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1779 (isolation #304) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:17 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 1777, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1775, Crescent wrote:You tried to set up an awkward but harmless looking Bella post as indicative that Bella was scum and Corwin was town.
That was not “playing both sides”, that was a full turnaround on the situation. Keep over-reaching, it’s a
great
look for you!
Of course it's playing both sides.

Bella dies, flips town, and you go "oops".

Then Corwin gets murdered anyway. The only difference is taking a town out first.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1780 (isolation #305) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:19 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 1776, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1750, Crescent wrote:I'd like to mention though in general, this vote fits in line with the vibe I have gotten from Gamma today. Gamma is throwing shade all over the place: Alex, Ausuka, Bella, JF, and myself so far. No one else has consistently tried to throw mud on as many different players as Gamma, who is now voting me for slinging mud onto a consistent group of people I've already said I think scum is part of. I don't even know where the Ausuka shade is coming from.

...It is interesting how the name "Datisi" does not appear in a single Gamma post today outside of quoting Scamper once.
I don’t recall calling Alex sus at all today? At most it was towards the very beginning before he started posting stuff I liked.
So basically you're saying you spent a long time saying Corwin/Alex yesterday, but now you're avoiding Alex today after Corwin flipped traitor.

k solve is Gamma/Alex sorry for the POE sus Datisi.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1781 (isolation #306) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:22 am

Post by Crescent »

To put it in other words: Corwin was supposed to flip "town" when that stance was being made, so Gamma could immediately backpedal on calling Alex scum.

Him flipping Traitor apparently wasn't in the plan yet, whoops <3
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1787 (isolation #307) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:28 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 1782, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1768, Crescent wrote:
In post 1763, Datisi wrote:lol

would you rather wagon gamma or alex
That's what's come into question recently. At the start of the day it was Alex. What I dislike the most out of their recent play comes from Gamma though.

I dislike the way Gamma has continued to go about shading Bella and Ausuka today. I townread both, and Gamma has been trying to set them up as a 1 town/1 scum since yesterday. There has been no actual explanation for comments like "I think one of you is buddying the other".

But where the play really loses it's feeling of consistency is when probably the biggest fencesitter in the game votes someone for fencesitting.
I did not say fencesitting, I said playing both sides.
And if you legitimately thought JF was town even before StD claimed a result on him, then a) how? and b) you need to work on articulating such things better.
I've defended JF as feeling "consistent" this game, directly said he gives off "lazy town" vibes, and said he's probably town based on my POE
in my first post of the day
. I needed to articulate that better?
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1790 (isolation #308) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:32 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 1788, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1781, Crescent wrote:To put it in other words: Corwin was supposed to flip "town" when that stance was being made, so Gamma could immediately backpedal on calling Alex scum.

Him flipping Traitor apparently wasn't in the plan yet, whoops <3
Yeah this is horseshit. You claimed I was trying to delay Corwin’s flip earlier but here you say I was planning for Corwin to flip town?

Nice try scumbag!
Bella was a target of opportunity later on when it was dead obvious Corwin was scum. You can't plan for things like that.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1792 (isolation #309) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:34 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 1153, Gamma Emerald wrote:corwin/alex
In post 1330, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1319, Bellaphant wrote:You know what, this may be controversial but I'm actually inclined to town just leave corwin for today. He did mention some rl shit in the newbie and like....if he's scum, we don't need to sort it today.

I'm soft, though.
scum post
VOTE: bellaphant
Corwin became more obvious scum in that gap between posts because he was avoiding the game. Both of these theories can easily coincide.

Good try, though.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1793 (isolation #310) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:35 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 1789, Save The Dragons wrote:VOTE: Bellaphant for now, subject to change
For what reason?
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1797 (isolation #311) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:39 am

Post by Crescent »

I admit Corwin's actions towards her, especially the end of day rolefish, are definitely slanting my read on her. I know I'm giving her a lot of credit that isn't based on her own actions. Like, she has as many posts so far as the host does.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1802 (isolation #312) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:41 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 1796, Save The Dragons wrote:bella hasn't really voted all game tbh
She does have more votes than I do.. Though she doesn't have a vote since post #91, which was on Marci, if memory serves. Kinda doesn't count, I guess.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1805 (isolation #313) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:44 am

Post by Crescent »

That's sure a lot of maybes.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1809 (isolation #314) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:46 am

Post by Crescent »

I think we're both drawn to how completely noncommittal that list felt.

I mean we know you're town but a slew of "maybe" and "probably not" doesn't really inspire a lotta confidence, I guess would be how to put it.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1814 (isolation #315) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:51 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 1808, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1805, Crescent wrote:That's sure a lot of maybes.
This was my thought as well
I’ll at least give you your thought process seems consistent
Still think your analysis of my Bella vote has a gaping hole in it.
The Bella vote came off as an insane overreaction to me. Scum has more of a reason to have that reaction in that situation than town does.

To reference myself from yesterday, I'm pretty sure I called it "A mega overreaction of an "Ah ha!" moment".
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1819 (isolation #316) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:54 am

Post by Crescent »

You shade Corwin and your scumbuddy together. Corwin later becomes obvious scum. Town makes an awkward looking post. You immediately attack said town.

Point out the hole?
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1823 (isolation #317) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:58 am

Post by Crescent »

Datisi was in my POE more because I had reasons to townread almost everyone except for him. I still have virtually no actual read to give of the guy.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1822 (isolation #318) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:58 am

Post by Crescent »

Datisi was in my POE more because I had reasons to townread almost everyone except for him. I still have virtually no actual read to give of the guy.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1824 (isolation #319) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:59 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 1821, Gamma Emerald wrote:I then back off of Bella + revote Corwin after she explains things
THAT’S the hole

Also, I probably wouldn’t sus both partners that early out of spiteful principle
Bella giving an explanation just gave you an actual reason to do it. That vote was obviously going nowhere as far as forming a train goes, and it was pretty clear no one was going to be joining in.

There's no hole.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1828 (isolation #320) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:14 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 1826, Ausuka wrote:
In post 1744, Bellaphant wrote:Could elim in Alex/Johnny/datisi basically
Bella could you elaborate on your feelings on these players you'd be willing to eliminate

I know you've found it difficult to get into the game so I'm sorry I can't be more specific but like, just saying the feelings you have about these players and giving them an ISO if you have the time should be fine
Bella chiming in would be nice, but also Freedom. He's actually done even less than Bella has today, and has yet to even share a read of any kind and has mostly just Hood-talked about STD.

It's kinda frustrating how low-energy this day has been. Giving me all sorts of 2273 vibes where half the town sat on it's ass.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1830 (isolation #321) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:18 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 1827, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1824, Crescent wrote:
In post 1821, Gamma Emerald wrote:I then back off of Bella + revote Corwin after she explains things
THAT’S the hole

Also, I probably wouldn’t sus both partners that early out of spiteful principle
Bella giving an explanation just gave you an actual reason to do it. That vote was obviously going nowhere as far as forming a train goes, and it was pretty clear no one was going to be joining in.

There's no hole.
:roll:
I think you see a puzzle that looks almost complete and are trying to ram the last piece in when a whole bunch of others are in the wrong spots
Not really. The logic flows well enough, All I did was murder Corwin with an argument of death he couldn't recover from. All you did was come along for the ride, pretend to shade Alex, and make an awful vote on Bella late in the day while preemptively setting up today's stance against her and Ausuka.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1831 (isolation #322) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:23 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 1829, Datisi wrote:
In post 1828, Crescent wrote:It's kinda frustrating how low-energy this day has been.
you know what would help with this

running some fuckers up

who are you voting for?
The problem is I'm townreading all the inactives, and the only two people I am interested in voting for right now are Alex and Gamma.

We've gotten little to nothing out of Bella, Freedom, Johnny, Marci, and STD (until just recently it was nothing). None of these people are in my POE.

And now just like 2273, I'm overexerting myself trying to make up for the fact that half the town isn't doing a damned thing.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1833 (isolation #323) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:27 am

Post by Crescent »

I actually forgot that you only pretended to shade him yesterday to create distance and then didn't shade him today.

But thank you for helping make my argument for me that it's you and Alex.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1835 (isolation #324) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:34 am

Post by Crescent »

One of the scum was the second most active player in the game (Elsa), after the other highly active town (Eira) dropped off a cliff after day 1. Because Corwin wouldn't stop dogging me, that person was allowed to control much of the game's flow. The second scum (Gera) basically just vanished on day 3 and let the leading scum stay in control. Town was sheeping scum onto votes, and we had two different town end up with lazy trains to -1 in the first two days of day 3 because almost no one was trying.

Corwin, George, Gibus, Goldfish, NM, and Vivax, were all useless town, and only 1 ever actually got replaced. George was voted off day 1 and posted more times in twilight than he did in the entire day.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1838 (isolation #325) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:55 am

Post by Crescent »

Let's see...

STD is pretty obviously town.

I think Bella looks good primarily because I don't think Corwin is savvy enough to do what he did with her if they're both scum. This is almost entirely a read of Corwin being superimposed on Bella. What I saw in 2273 was a player who wasn't capable of next-level plays like rolefishing someone he knows is scum as traitor.

The other three are varying degrees of "I don't think they fit as scum with Alex".

With Marci I can't read that shit I'll be frank. I'm either going to sheep other people or try to use other people to read her. Alex's pressure on her has been consistently bad.

Reading Freedom's ISO, I feel like I've been giving him too much credit. The way he immediately jumped on Alex's awful logic against Marci yesterday suggests they are not both scum, but there isn't a lot there. He'd become closer to a null that I'd need to see more from. We have gotten nothing from him so far on day 2.

And of course the entire sticking point on Johnny is how consistently he's sussed Alex from the start. He doesn't
really
have anything going for him if Alex is town.

Like I said earlier though: I townread Alex virtually all of 2273, and I don't have that same townread here.

Alex being town would make me look at Freedom and Johnny harder, I guess. Doesn't change me on STD and Bella at all.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1840 (isolation #326) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:58 am

Post by Crescent »

Honestly though I kinda just feel like Johnny is a VT and just doesn't give a crap. Like, why even mention a scumread of Gamma if you're going to do absolutely nothing about it?

And yikes it's worse than I thought. The guy has 0 posts in 25 hours and 1 post in the last 44 hours. That 1 post is technically not content either, so a prod would be justified, though it feels kinda rude to prod a guy who says his family is sick...
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1849 (isolation #327) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:09 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 1839, Gamma Emerald wrote:what is different between this game and 2273 for Alex? You're welcome to quote your previous explanation if there is one, I think I asked about this earlier
He came off as genuinely wishy washy in 2273 at a lot of key points. This is a guy who basically took BOTH sides of me vs. Elsa on day 2. We both made a long argument against each other. His response was basically "Oh man I like both of these arguments!" It felt like he was genuinely just saying whatever came to mind, even if it looked dumb.

In this game he vibes me like he's posting with a more measured mindset than he did in 2273. The reactions don't feel as raw and real to me, and I feel like he's actively searching for reasons to shade people in a way he simply did not do in that game. That's primarily where the feeling that he's played "opportunistically" has come from.

I would also argue he was considerably more of a driving force. We did end up voting off town power on days 1 and 2, yes, but he was an early vote on both. He was actively pushing both - Especially the one on day 2. He was after BBT for quite a long time and was insistent on the train. In this game, I feel like it's a lot more of a "wait and see" approach instead of the "Take destiny in my own hands" approach of 2273. It lacks the feeling of genuineness he had in that game.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1851 (isolation #328) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:10 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 1843, Ausuka wrote:While this was a long time ago my instinct is that Unabombah's level of experience back then was similar to Corwinoid now
Interesting.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1852 (isolation #329) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:12 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 1848, Gamma Emerald wrote:what was his townplay like back then
Crescent's picture of corwin's abilities are based on a towngame so that should be a point of comparison
Corwin's townplay can quite literally be summed as "I want to vote off who I personally want to vote off and I don't actually care what their alignment is".

Like this is a guy who's scumteam on day 1 was the three people who had voted for him.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1859 (isolation #330) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:20 am

Post by Crescent »

He said in #1801 he still townreads Bella but is ambivalent when it comes to pressure voting her. Doesn't really suggest he'd be against the vote.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1896 (isolation #331) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:31 pm

Post by Crescent »

Bella pressure might end up being a good thing to try to force her to engage the game, kinda like the Johnny pressure was.. Trying to do. I don't feel great about it, but I also don't think a claim a necessary. JF did not claim at -2.

Speaking of past Gamma games a moment, Gamma is already way above their 2272 post count (a game in which they were town). The level of engagement/aggression in general here is markedly higher than it was that game. It's possible Gamma is a mood influenced player like I am and that's why it seems like STD and Scamper are conflicting. I'm already in bed but I'll take a look at that ISO tomorrow.

I gave a personal argument on Alex, which he ignored when he voted Datisi for vote hopping, which, to be fair, was a legit criticism. I'm not sure what Datisi's argument on Alex is.

But it is interesting that Alex did not address it at all.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1946 (isolation #332) » Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:26 am

Post by Crescent »

Bells hasn't even posted in 29 hours so that's a thing.

Speaking of role interactions though, my last game had a town power role that could effectively break other town power roles through interaction conflicts.

He could kidnap someone into a PT for 24 hours to interrogate them, then decided if he wanted to kill them or let them return to the game. He targeted the guy who gave pineapples to everyone who targeted him, but his role didn't get a pineapple because of the whole kidnapping thing.

The pineapple giver basically spent 4 days screaming about that pineapple that the other guy was insistent he never received.

"Kekeke".
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1950 (isolation #333) » Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:11 am

Post by Crescent »

I hosted that game. As far as I know that role had never appeared there before. It was a funky design and scum kept stacking misplay after misplay. They had a single unblockable EK that two of their three players could use, had two perfect opportunities to use it, and never did.

Town also had a super gimped doctor who claimed a flavor that was on scum's safelist day 1 as town vanilla, and scum just.. Ignored it. They didn't scan him nor shoot him. They then night 2 blind shot at the one player this guy will always save if he's protection and got their kill blocked.

One of them made a bad scanner claim and then effectively wasted it, too.

Comedy of errors that team.

Also, Gamefaqs. They've done a fantastic job at running all female members of the community off. Women have to work much harder to get anything done, and are often spited for actually putting that work in. In that last Kingmaker game, I had an early scum read on someone, and a newbie basically told me the equivalent of "shut up, the men are talking."
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1953 (isolation #334) » Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:01 am

Post by Crescent »

The Hood probably is just town yes. The concern was more about Freedom actually contributing today.

I mean I guess it
could
be possible that scum Corwin is actually capable of doing more than yelling like a maniac. He did feel entirely different from 2273 in pretty well every conceivable way.

I still don't find myself sold on this (I freely admit I'm biased by the joke of a game Corwin played in 2273), but the whole "0 posts unannounced in 32 hours " thing kinda makes the pressure feel like a matter of course. Last we saw from her it looked like she was agreeing with Gamma's reasons for voting me, but was still calling me town. Would be nice to get some deeper insight into what that post meant.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1958 (isolation #335) » Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:47 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 1956, scamper wrote:i think bella is avoiding the thread actually
This is the same thing Corwin was accused of I think? We've come full circle.

Also Gamma I've never heard of that place before. Interesting.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1960 (isolation #336) » Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:45 am

Post by Crescent »

And we're talking about nothing again while waiting for an inactive at -1.

"I feel like we've been here before have we been here before?"
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1962 (isolation #337) » Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:54 am

Post by Crescent »

First you draw a circle

Then you dot the eyes
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1964 (isolation #338) » Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:00 am

Post by Crescent »

Eh, it's 15 minutes until Bella can be officially prodded.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1965 (isolation #339) » Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:22 am

Post by Crescent »

Ok it has now been 36 hours and 2 minutes.

There once was a man from Nantucket.

He saw a Penguin and wanted to pluck it

Then the town said **** it.

And Bella kicked the bucket.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1968 (isolation #340) » Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:34 am

Post by Crescent »

The lull in this game allows us to ask some of the more important questions in life, such as...

"Is it possible to keep a Penguin as a pet?"

"Do Penguins have knees?"

"Would a Cat eat a Penguin?"

etc.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1970 (isolation #341) » Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:50 am

Post by Crescent »

I'm a kitty.

Meow.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1971 (isolation #342) » Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:01 am

Post by Crescent »

I'm a Kitty Cat and I'm ok, I prowl all night and I sleep all day!

(She's a Kitty Cat and she's ok. She prowls all night and she sleeps all day!)

I wonder if I could kittify more of this song?
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1978 (isolation #343) » Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:48 pm

Post by Crescent »

Well, that's a thing.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1982 (isolation #344) » Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:52 pm

Post by Crescent »

In post 1980, JohnnyFarrar wrote:Do we just save him the trouble?
Going to be honest a replacement in this situation kind of just feels like total bull.

And yeah I'm thinking about it.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1984 (isolation #345) » Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:56 pm

Post by Crescent »

And by bull I'm not even talking about alignment. I'm talking about "do the minimum all game, then request replacement at -1 on day 2"

I wouldn't even accept the request. If she didn't want to play, she never should've allowed this situation to happen to begin with.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1989 (isolation #346) » Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:10 pm

Post by Crescent »

You kinda just hit it right on the head. It's unfair to a replacement because of how far they need to catch up so fast. It's unfair to the game because we've now stagnated around waiting for Bella, and will have to stagnate even further to wait on the replacement to do anything, or just let the -1 slot live for the sole purposes of giving this player time.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1990 (isolation #347) » Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:11 pm

Post by Crescent »

Does Marci ever explain anything? Last I remember she scum read Gamma like 3 1/2 days ago and still hasn't told us why
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1991 (isolation #348) » Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:27 pm

Post by Crescent »

After taking some quiet time to think, I feel like the game is being held hostage and the best thing to do for the game as a whole is to just end the situation. Things like this can permanently kill the momentum of games, and we've already devolved into shitposting while waiting.

This also works for my schedule, as I return to work on Monday, and the day should be coming back up on Sunday night if I live the night.

VOTE: Bella

Whatever this flips I have no regrets. Let's get this game moving on.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3140 (isolation #349) » Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:20 pm

Post by Crescent »

I have a minute or two between tasklists so full disclosure.

I still thought Bella was probably town, I still don't regret hammering, that replacement is strictly against the rule set I play with and would be denied, and if that situation ever repeats itself, I will immediately hammer in my next post with 0 hesitation or remorse.

That kind of replacement can destroy games. I'll hammer every time regardless of my alignment or what alignment I think the other person is.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”