Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her, they/them

Post Post #2048 (isolation #200) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:22 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 2035, Aisa wrote:
In post 2029, Grib wrote:Also, from the way it sounds, we’re trying to use the vig shot in place of an elim.
Yeah, the thing is, if the outcomes are either that N_M dies to the vig shot, or we elim him tomorrow, then why not just elim him today?
In post 2040, Aisa wrote:Full reasoning:

(Elim someone else, Bella vigs Not_Mafia) > (Elim Not_Mafia, Bella vigs someone else) > (No elim)
I am using the fact that eliminating Not_Mafia is better than not eliminating him today to argue against a no elim. I am slightly less sure I am getting all the mech right for this second step, but I think that eliminating someone other than Not_Mafia is even better than eliminating Not_Mafia, which is why I support a non-NM elim. Although Bella shooting Eira did cross my mind, maybe I could get behind that.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2055 (isolation #201) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:35 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 2047, Grib wrote:It’s pretty insulting to be voted over the literal do-nothing slot, while saying you don’t even think I’m mafia. I almost want to just log off and check how this game ends two weeks or so from now.
I understand. If it means anything to you - it doesn't have to - I have enjoyed playing with you and I really wish I didn't find myself in this position.

I am making an argument that is partly mechanical. You are free to engage with me, SR me, or vote me off over this.

It could be that I'm doing something wrong: you're right, maybe Bella shooting Eira would be a solution, but I'm going to finish writing this post first, then think about the solution of asking Bella to elim Eira.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2061 (isolation #202) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:41 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 2049, Grib wrote:So you followed my suggestion to threaten to vote out Eiralox unless he claims. He squirmed and made excuses and left, which is pretty fucking fishy, and…you did the exact thing you said was a bad idea, which is pretend to threaten to kill him. How do you justify that?
Re: pretend to threaten to kill him:
This is one of the things that got lost in the fray and maybe I didn't communicate well, but at the time I voted Eira, I did so completely willing to eliminate them. And then I got spooked and unvoted.

I don't think I threatened to kill Eira after they left?

I am not in a position where I am thinking especially logically. You are within your rights to think this is an excuse or to find this frustrating.

UNVOTE:

Also, unfortunate fact, I have a commitment this evening and need to leave soon. I will make sure not to leave until I've cast a vote. I will also check in before the end of the day to provide a hammer if this is necessary.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2065 (isolation #203) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:44 am

Post by Aisa »

I think he's presenting an *interpretation* that isn't necessarily true
and specifically, the bit about you being anti-town because you don't want to die misses that you asked me to unvote so you can continue to engage,
but I think this is understandable with the current chaos
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2068 (isolation #204) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:50 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 2064, Grib wrote:
In post 2061, Aisa wrote: And then I got spooked and unvoted.
Why?
Ugh, something about Bella seeming like she kinda wanted Eira to live, but I guess she did say herself she isn't sure what alignment they are.

VOTE: Not Mafia
Maybe Bella can shoot Eira or something.

I need to go. If I am alive tomorrow I will engage Grib, Eira, or whoever is alive that needs to be engaged with. I will make sure to write a proper case. As an exchange for this, I will be much less receptive to people trying to change my mind last-minute if we are in that situation, and reserve the right to not engage at deadline.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2153 (isolation #205) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:47 am

Post by Aisa »

Hi. Is there anything for me to hammer, or?
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2160 (isolation #206) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:51 am

Post by Aisa »

Frog, I haven’t read it all. What’s the reason you don’t want to vote NM?
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2176 (isolation #207) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:56 am

Post by Aisa »

We’re not just voting NM because he’s not posting, like, it’s partly a PoE thing, it’s been in the cards for a while.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2179 (isolation #208) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:56 am

Post by Aisa »

Yes Bella, please hammer, no one else is even remotely near e-1
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2180 (isolation #209) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:57 am

Post by Aisa »

Excellent, thank you. Speak tomorrow.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2182 (isolation #210) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:58 am

Post by Aisa »

=P I’ve seen you do that before
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2197 (isolation #211) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:57 pm

Post by Aisa »

Just woke up. Reminder to not put anyone at 2 votes because they could get quick hammered.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2203 (isolation #212) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:39 am

Post by Aisa »

I received a Mailman message last night. Paraphrasing: "Sup? It's Titus and I'm a Mailman. I think you're Town so far. I'm going to read my predecessor's posts and do some VCA."

As we have no way of detecting whether Frog's claim is 100% true I'm thinking that maybe Enchant is right and we should just no elim. I think there's a 60% chance Frog just gets smoked during the night, but that would at least eliminate some residual uncertainty around his slot and save us all some anguish.

I'm not going to rush it, but unless anyone has any counterarguments to no limming I don't think we need to take the full week either. People can address any things they feel strongly about, Frog can leave probable last words and it would be nice to let Titus post a bit before we go to Night again.

I know Grib wanted me to reply to something yesterday, I'll find the post.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2271 (isolation #213) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:52 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 2234, Titus wrote:I'm a joat, not a mailman. The only slot I feel rather comfortable with right now is Aisa. My scum of VCA says Elements Grib but Frog's doctor claim with a dead Bella is suspect. The masons were macho so why would scum have a roleblocker?
I can confirm this is true, Titus claimed JOAT and the specific shots to me.

Titus, why do you TR me?
In post 2262, Titus wrote:
In post 2255, Elements wrote:Titus do you believe Frog's doctor claim?
It requires a roleblocker or strongman to be true which has issues with macho masons.
I agree that a strongman is less likely than a Roleblocker. But I don't think that an RB is that good against claimed Masons? Against a claimed Cop + hidden Doctor, scum can just RB the cop and call it a day. Scum can't exactly RB a Mason. I don't see why RB + Macho modifier couldn't just be complementary defenses against a Doc.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2275 (isolation #214) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:54 am

Post by Aisa »

I promised a response to this.

Spoiler: Context
In post 2061, Aisa wrote:
In post 2049, Grib wrote:So you followed my suggestion to threaten to vote out Eiralox unless he claims. He squirmed and made excuses and left, which is pretty fucking fishy, and…you did the exact thing you said was a bad idea, which is pretend to threaten to kill him. How do you justify that?
Re: pretend to threaten to kill him:
This is one of the things that got lost in the fray and maybe I didn't communicate well, but at the time I voted Eira, I did so completely willing to eliminate them. And then I got spooked and unvoted.

I don't think I threatened to kill Eira after they left?

I am not in a position where I am thinking especially logically. You are within your rights to think this is an excuse or to find this frustrating.

UNVOTE:

Also, unfortunate fact, I have a commitment this evening and need to leave soon. I will make sure not to leave until I've cast a vote. I will also check in before the end of the day to provide a hammer if this is necessary.
Why?
In post 2066, Grib wrote:Tell me why you aren't willing to risk Eiralox's life when he is being antitown, avoiding committing to a claim, making up excuses, lashing out, and not giving reasons for scumreads despite being all too happy to vote me for FoS'ing him. Tell me why.
In post 2068, Aisa wrote:
Why?
Ugh, something about Bella seeming like she kinda wanted Eira to live, but I guess she did say herself she isn't sure what alignment they are.

VOTE: Not Mafia
Maybe Bella can shoot Eira or something.

I need to go. If I am alive tomorrow I will engage Grib, Eira, or whoever is alive that needs to be engaged with. I will make sure to write a proper case. As an exchange for this, I will be much less receptive to people trying to change my mind last-minute if we are in that situation, and reserve the right to not engage at deadline.
In post 2074, Grib wrote:
In post 2066, Grib wrote:Tell me why you aren't willing to risk Eiralox's life when he is being antitown, avoiding committing to a claim, making up excuses, lashing out, and not giving reasons for scumreads despite being all too happy to vote me for FoS'ing him. Tell me why.
I don't care what happens, Aisa needs to answer this next phase. Don't let her skip out on it.

Bella seemed pretty adamant that Eiralox shouldn't die and I thought that trumped other considerations. For example, did it seem like Eira was being antitown in a vacuum? Sure. Was Eira being antitown given Bella's behaviour around that slot? Not so clear. Did Eira lash out at you and me? Yeah and maybe that could have been handled differently somewhere, but that's not really something I usually read scumread.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2277 (isolation #215) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:02 am

Post by Aisa »

2068 is me realising in real time that Bella had expressed doubt of Eira's alignment.

Let's change the topic. Grib, will you vote No Lim today? xx
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2280 (isolation #216) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:15 am

Post by Aisa »

No slot is mechanically confirmed. I don't feel qualified to assess the setup balance and I haven't seen anyone make an argument I trust yet about the setup. I can't see a reason it would hurt except having "one less town voice" and that's a price I would personally pay for having to "tinfoil" one fewer slot.
In post 2207, Elements wrote:
In post 2203, Aisa wrote:I'm not going to rush it, but unless anyone has any counterarguments to no limming I don't think we need to take the full week either. People can address any things they feel strongly about, Frog can leave probable last words and it would be nice to let Titus post a bit before we go to Night again.
This feels hella scummy.
Why do you find it scummy?
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2281 (isolation #217) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:29 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 2232, Grib wrote:I want to kill Aisa and Enchant. Part of me does want to No Lim to make sure Frog is real, but that's just me being a coward.
In post 2279, Grib wrote:Ask me again in six days, eight hours, and twenty minutes.
That's fair enough, but I'm wondering why you're suddenly so bloodthirsty given you were the original pacifist yesterday :wink:

Spoiler: Grib founding the Pacifist movement
In post 2021, Elements wrote:
In post 2015, Aisa wrote:
In post 2012, Elements wrote:
In post 2010, Enchant wrote:LET COMPLEX VIG DEAL WITH IT.
THAT'S NOT A BAD IDEA
Roleblocker?
If NM doesn't die to vig shot they're either not a mason or mafia wanted to stop the kill. Either way we lim them.
In post 2022, Grib wrote:Ok that actually sounds decent.
In post 2024, Grib wrote:Should we no lim then? I don’t want to kill anyone else for the sake of it.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2283 (isolation #218) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:39 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 2282, Elements wrote:
In post 2280, Aisa wrote:No slot is mechanically confirmed. I don't feel qualified to assess the setup balance and I haven't seen anyone make an argument I trust yet about the setup. I can't see a reason it would hurt except having "one less town voice" and that's a price I would personally pay for having to "tinfoil" one fewer slot.
the "one less town voice" will be Titus
And that is relevant because?
In post 2203, Aisa wrote:I'm not going to rush it, but unless anyone has any counterarguments to no limming I don't think we need to take the full week either. People can address any things they feel strongly about, Frog can leave probable last words and it would be nice to let Titus post a bit before we go to Night again.
This feels hella scummy.
Idk, it felt like you were rushing the game along when I first read it. Feels less scummy on re-reading it.

your tone does seem different now though.
Yeah maybe I endorsed slightly too excitedy vibes ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2289 (isolation #219) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:56 am

Post by Aisa »

Grib, It almost seems like a difference in approach to the game, which I want to say should be more stable reads? At least taking myself as a frame of reference, I feel like I would advocate for no lim in a situation like this as either alignment.

But yes yes it's not an airtight tell, that's ok, we can no lim and talk about it tomorrow ;)

Also yes I see the new messages address them soon
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2291 (isolation #220) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:58 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 2285, Elements wrote:
In post 2283, Aisa wrote:
In post 2280, Aisa wrote:No slot is mechanically confirmed. I don't feel qualified to assess the setup balance and I haven't seen anyone make an argument I trust yet about the setup. I can't see a reason it would hurt except having "one less town voice" and that's a price I would personally pay for having to "tinfoil" one fewer slot.
Titus is the most conformably town atm? so we wouldn't be losing a "tinfoil" slot
That is the other thing. Why is she confirmably Town?
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2293 (isolation #221) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:06 am

Post by Aisa »

:lol: are we locked in a standoff to see who will cave and give information first?
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2295 (isolation #222) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:14 am

Post by Aisa »

I think it's you and Elements, so you might see why I might not look favourably upon what I see as attempts to ferret information about Titus out of me <3

I need to check my read on the other three slots, though.
In post 123, Firebringer wrote:I woudl like to hear more from
aisa
elements. Where did that
rabbit
axolotl run of to
Suddenly relatable
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2298 (isolation #223) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:18 am

Post by Aisa »

Sorry, just realised I still haven't explained that clearly. I was hoping Elements would be forced to explain why Titus was "the most confirmably town" before I said anything. From my perspective somebody had to blink first.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2312 (isolation #224) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:33 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 2296, Grib wrote:I wasn't talking about Titus at all. Why do you think it's me and Elements?
In post 2297, Grib wrote:Actually, I take that back. Forget about me, tell me about Elements.
I'm pleasantly surprised that you're this cooperative with someone you scumread by the way, but it is nice.

PoE? Imagine that I think Enchant is Town, Frog is probably Town. That leaves you, Titus, and Elements, and *gestures vaguely to reasons*
In post 2299, Grib wrote:You should probably talk about Enchant too. I don't think you've actually justified a townread on him.
Ugh, fair, but how do I explain vibes? The way he's hung around at deadline, shown interest in the game and in achieving good mechanical outcomes seems towny. You could argue some of that is signalling, I think that Enchant obviously understands to no lim here today as both alignments. The stuff yesterday where he told Bella that she
had to
hammer, though? That's not a post Enchant has to make as scum. I think this is a slot where a simple, naive read like this is actually enough?
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2313 (isolation #225) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:38 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 2302, Elements wrote:JOAT with confirmable night actions e.g. mailman message so at the very least from your perspective Titus has a role if not alignment conformation
the set-up isn't:
3 macho masons + doc + VT VS Roleblocker + JOAT + goon
I'll give you that's actually a fairly believable analysis, but the complex vig starts looking a lot less like dead weight in this setup?

3 macho masons + doc + complex vig + VT
Roleblocker + JOAT + goon

Also it kind of depends on what you assume the JOAT's abilities are.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2318 (isolation #226) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:49 am

Post by Aisa »

He may not think he doesn't have a meta, that doesn't mean he doesn't have one. You've also said that he "seems towny" at points and you must have been going off something, what was that?

But I give it to you, you have a rhetorical point if nothing else. This is miselim or lose! We ought not to throw around reads carelessly! Rigour!
In post 1588, Aisa wrote:I did some Enchant meta research a few days ago, but never got around to writing it up until now.

It turns out during Days 1-2 I was misremembering the Enchant meta tell that I was told about. I thought the meta tell was that Enchant posts less as scum. It turns out that the meta tell is that Enchant sounds kinda lifeless and more dry as scum, a bit like the text equivalent of an empty laugh.

Some Enchy scum games:
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=89712
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=89536
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=89510

Some Enchy town games:
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=89608
viewtopic.php?f=83&t=89965

I should probably acknowledge that Gamma is the one who noticed the tell.

Which meta do people think Enchant's tone is closer to in this game?
I also made a whole post about Enchant meta yesterday. No one picked me up on my question and then I either forgot to follow up on it or didn't care to, whoops. But, uh, maybe you can see why I don't think I'm going to be convinced to move by a "No, Enchant himself said he doesn't have a meta".

Although uh, I have to give it to you, I thought I said Enchant was town at the time I made that post, I actually decided to see how people reacted first, so you're right that I haven't justified my read much.

P-edit yes I can talk about all that
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2328 (isolation #227) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:24 pm

Post by Aisa »

In post 2315, Grib wrote:Where does he show he cares about achieving good mechanical outcomes? What's the significance of telling Bella to hammer that has to come from a villager?
I don't think telling Bella to hammer necessarily has to come from a villager, it's more of a how he told Bella to hammer. Enchant saying "YOU MUST" is true but also funny. It's a true statement delivered in a funny way. It is a joke that it is easier to make if you believe in its truth. Couple that with the fact he could have easily gotten away with not saying anything as scum.

Spoiler: Enchant being repeatedly invested in mechanical plays Aisa approves of
In post 1301, Enchant wrote:I will be here np
In post 1308, Enchant wrote:I don't care about claims, mafia plainly claims something sweet to mislim other wagon (unless both mafia lol), so fuck it.
In post 1314, Enchant wrote:VOTE: BBT

what a way to be sheep
In post 1729, Enchant wrote:Massclaim?
In post 1746, Enchant wrote:It's good idea.

We have 2 ded masons, one claimed "Mason", Unlimited Vigilante and Unlimited Doctor. If there's other power, it's dangerously strange then.
In post 2030, Enchant wrote:
In post 2029, Grib wrote:Also, from the way it sounds, we’re trying to use the vig shot in place of an elim.
We are at odds, no-lim loses us one chance, and you suggesting it antitown.
In post 2143, Enchant wrote:Frog hammer for god sake.
In post 2175, Enchant wrote:
In post 2172, Bellaphant wrote:Can I hammer?
YOU MUST
In post 2200, Enchant wrote:VOTE: No Lim
In post 2326, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 2312, Aisa wrote:I'm pleasantly surprised that you're this cooperative with someone you scumread by the way, but it is nice.
Scumtell fyi
Oh, I've totally gone for the following two-step plan as scum in elo before:
1. Be polite
2. Ask a townie to re-evaluate their reads until they overthink themselves into a wrong read

Anyway, enough teasing Grib for now, I think I've driven my point home. Tomorrow I think seriously about Frog.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2332 (isolation #228) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:43 pm

Post by Aisa »

In post 2315, Grib wrote:Where does he show he cares about achieving good mechanical outcomes? What's the significance of telling Bella to hammer that has to come from a villager?

If you reread the game from a Grib/Elements/BBT perspective, does the game flow naturally? Does the team fit? Have you even reread the game with that team in mind, or are you just like "welp here are the leftovers, die die die"
I did a reread the game a bit over the Night phase and noted that you + Elements fit fairly well. Elements in particular seems more comfortable talking to you than to others. I think I'm due for a more serious reread though.

"Welp here are the leftovers, die die die" doesn't feel like a fair representation. I wasn't trying to state reads until you asked me to and I am still team No Lim, you traitor of the peacekeeping movement.
In post 2316, Grib wrote:I really do want to know why Elements is scum beyond being a leftover name. Look at her play over the course of the game and tell me what she was thinking as BBT's buddy, and how she ended up doing the things she did.
I overpromised earlier, I can do this tomorrow. I'll give you a taster though:

Spoiler: Opinions often don't hold up to scrutiny terribly well
In post 239, Elements wrote:
In post 195, Aisa wrote:
@Elements
, why is Bella above null?
*shrug*
In post 476, Elements wrote:
In post 458, Aisa wrote:
In post 356, Elements wrote:
In post 349, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 332, Elements wrote:VOTE: Aisa
Talk about this?
and both ping me. The meta on Frog is eh at best and comes to a conclusion I disagree with. I wanted to have my vote on someone.
What part of my meta on Frog did you disagree with?
Looking back on it a honestly cannot remember
This feels hella scummy.
Idk, it felt like you were rushing the game along when I first read it. Feels less scummy on re-reading it.

your tone does seem different now though.
In post 2291, Aisa wrote:
In post 2285, Elements wrote:
In post 2283, Aisa wrote:
Titus is the most conformably town atm? so we wouldn't be losing a "tinfoil" slot
That is the other thing. Why is she confirmably Town?
In post 2300, Elements wrote:i can do that if you want
In post 2309, Elements wrote:oh snap we have a vog too
In post 2310, Elements wrote:ignore me
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2333 (isolation #229) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:47 pm

Post by Aisa »

In post 2330, Grib wrote:To be fair, I haven't asked you to evaluate anything. I'm asking you to justify the reads you have, especially ones you've had for a while but have said little about.
I think this is arguable since you're talking about me rereading things, but I'm willing to drop this point.

I'm going to bed now. Stay tuned for the next episode of "Will Aisa be able to resist shading to Grib?" tomorrow.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2345 (isolation #230) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:33 pm

Post by Aisa »

In post 2335, Grib wrote:
In post 2332, Aisa wrote:

If you reread the game from a Grib/Elements/BBT perspective, does the game flow naturally? Does the team fit? Have you even reread the game with that team in mind, or are you just like "welp here are the leftovers, die die die"
I did a reread the game a bit over the Night phase and noted that you + Elements fit fairly well. Elements in particular seems more comfortable talking to you than to others. I think I'm due for a more serious reread though.
You think her goading you into voting me to E-1 last phase was a ploy?

You did end up voting me later. why didn't you do it when she asked?
Maybe? I'll have to reread.

I wanted to have a reason for voting whoever I voted, "lol Elements said to vote you" is not a reason. I was also definitely salty about her ruining my Frog wagon on Day 2, even if maybe it was for the best, haha.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2359 (isolation #231) » Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:15 am

Post by Aisa »

The heck is going on :?
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2363 (isolation #232) » Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:18 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 2360, Enchant wrote:
In post 2359, Aisa wrote:The heck is going on :?
Oh i wonder.

Maybe Frog and Titus decided to quickhammer mafia do you know?

We lost.
Yeah I mean it was rhetorical :lol:

Was just on the phone to my dad explaining to him how I expected this game to last another 5 days to two weeks
and there you go
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2367 (isolation #233) » Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:26 am

Post by Aisa »

Well played <3

Word of warning, I'm going to write a wall now. This is going to help me get over the loss. At least I think. Feel free to ignore it.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2378 (isolation #234) » Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:37 am

Post by Aisa »

- After Frog claimed I was convinced my reads sucked. By Day 4 I was convinced I sucked because I had wrongly townread Grib and Elements all game. It turns out my reads still sucked, but not for the reason I thought.
- Titus claimed that the slot had Friendly Neighboured Bella on Night 1. I was convinced that this was real because of some things Bella said (e.g. at one point said that Eira was 100% Town). She did later say "let's say that Eira is a PR but I'm not sure what alignment", but I thought that the "let's say" was an attempt to WIFOM the scumteam. Welp @_@
- Titus also claimed she still had an unused detective shot, which was why I pushed for the no elim so hard so early on. I thought that another Night would give her the chance to use it. In hindsight, the fact the Detective shot wasn't used earlier was fishy as hell, especially given that they claimed freaking
lazy
(can only act when there are at least 2 mafia alive) JOAT to me.
- Whoops, I got pocketed pretty hard by a certain mantis slot and their successor :lol:
- It was not a good idea to do setup spec.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2384 (isolation #235) » Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:44 am

Post by Aisa »

I don't think I'm ever going to live that down, BBT :lol:
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2386 (isolation #236) » Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:48 am

Post by Aisa »

Oh, 100%!
In post 2373, Grib wrote:To be honest, we would’ve won if we’d eliminated based on behavior. Maybe. Frog coasted on his claim, nobody wanted to kill Eiralox despite the way he refused to claim his role, and we completely failed at setup gaming because the setup makes no sense. :V
Yeah oops, definitely some blame here. I feel like I shouted the whole game into townreading Eira.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2396 (isolation #237) » Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:12 am

Post by Aisa »

Just remembered I have a funny story to tell about Enchant. I don't even know if my interpretation of events is correct, but if it is not please don't correct me Enchant, thank you XD

Spoiler:
In post 717, Grib wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: BBT
Back on Day 1, Grib accidentally put BBT at E-1.
In post 719, Aisa wrote:It's six and that makes E-1
In post 720, Aisa wrote:UNVOTE:
I unvote to prevent a hammer.
In post 721, Enchant wrote:VOTE: Aisa

Locked, never changing my vote
Enchant comes in and is obviously not happy that I've stolen this hammer.

At the time, I was modding this game and Day 2 had only been going for like, 24 hours.
In post 578, Vanderscamp wrote:VOTE: Herta

Let's try again I guess
In post 585, SCRRRDBEAR wrote:VOTE: HERTA
In post 588, Don Draper x Mistress wrote:VOTE: Herta

Auro wants to switch it. I don’t think Scrrrbear really sounds aligned with anyone.

E-1
Town engages autopilot and starts wagoning this random Townie slot that was somewhat scummy on Day 1, even putting it to E-1. Vague alarm bells start ringing because I haven't written the flavour, but I tell myself that I will write it the next day.
In post 590, Enchant wrote:Fine. I don't mind.
VOTE: Herta
20 minutes after Enchant was in this game grumbling about his stolen hammer, he goes into my game and hammers it. After Day 2 has been going for a grand total for ~30 hours. I'm amused that Town managed to sabotage so spectacularly (sorry Titus, you were in that game lol) but kinda pissed because I haven't written my flavour. I get to work and do the flip.

A few hours later I come back to this game
In post 728, Enchant wrote:I am in good mood, so i will answer on one question, before i go to sleep
and see that Enchant has made this post :lol:
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2399 (isolation #238) » Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:31 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 2387, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I wouldn't put too much blame on yourself. For various reasons, Eira seemed pretty widely town read in the game so it's not on you by any means
That's why I said I have some blame, not all the blame :P (but thanks, appreciate!)
In post 2388, Grib wrote:That's not even getting into NM being a Mason, the chances of which were high enough that I honestly should've let myself die instead of him. I felt trapped between "throw the game and let myself be voted out" and "throw the game and vote a maybe Mason who isn't actually playing."
Don't think you dying would have helped in any way. Maybe we could have realised that the TSQ post was an actual crumb, but aside from that, NM as the last surviving Mason had absolutely no utility. I don't mind playing with him, but with the gamestate we were in, I was always going to be paranoid of that slot.
Sorry for scumreading you Aisa, I really did hard townread you for almost the entire game. Just felt cornered when I was running out of scumreads, and you seemed like you'd be a fantastic scumplayer.
It's ok, and saaame. Sorry for scumreading you. You townread me so strongly and you kept saying that your thought process was the same as mine and I thought you were trying to pocket me. I
also
thought that you seemed like you'd be a really competent scum player. At some point the paranoia switch got flipped and the rest is history.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2414 (isolation #239) » Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:11 am

Post by Aisa »

I think everyone is overcomplicating it. The moral of the game is that appealing to Sigmund Freud is a red flag :wink:
In post 2407, Firebringer wrote:i missed u aisa in the dead thread. i wanted to scumread u more
Things went downhill after you died. Maybe I needed you waving a sharp knife at me to keep me focused.

Spoiler: talking about the setup
I personally don't mind this level of swing. I don't think two Masons dying on Night 1 impacted my enjoyment of the game. Even though it was the worst thing that could have happened after Night 1, Town still had plenty of fighting chances.

As a Town player, the existence of the Macho modifier primed me to believe Frog's claim. I wanted to believe that it meant something. By contrast, I think that if I had been a reviewer, my instincts might have been "the existence of a Macho modifier does not prove or disprove the existence of a Doctor. Therefore, at a first approximation, Town will view a Doctor claim as NAI." I wanna speculate that this is a systemic thing and reviewers / designers underestimate Town's capacity to screw up such a situation? I say this with no evidence or experience designing anything.

How much to correct / defend against the Doctor claim is partly a question of design philosophy, IMO. I find it pretty instructive (and... neat, masochistically) that I misread Frog in part due a classical bias like "I wanted the claim to be true", but you could argue that if MS design meta was different, I wouldn't need to learn this lesson in the first place.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2416 (isolation #240) » Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:41 am

Post by Aisa »

Yes, I am joking. I agree that a more competent Town would have scrutinised the claim more closely, and that is partly on me.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2424 (isolation #241) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:22 pm

Post by Aisa »

I read the PTs yesterday! I’m glad Frog doesn’t endorse Transference! Good job Mafia!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”