elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #706 (isolation #0) » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:30 am

Post by elvis_knits »

HELLO!

I'm replacing Edward. I haven't read anything yet. Interesting setup and interesting that I have played or am playing in a game with most of you. I hope to have some thoughts today or tomorrow.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #708 (isolation #1) » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:39 am

Post by elvis_knits »

You realize that ani has posted nothing since you voted him and said you wished that your vote was a hammer?
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #714 (isolation #2) » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:49 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I'm up to post 63 and pretty sure GnKoichi is scum.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #715 (isolation #3) » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:57 am

Post by elvis_knits »

OMG Post 65 GN votes no-lynch. I am awesome.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #718 (isolation #4) » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:12 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I'm up to page 8 and feel like posting...

GnKiochi made a bunch of scum tells early. His first vote was on Nameless for "trying the hardest not to find scum." And it looked to me like everyone was being random... I didn't see anything different about nameless that should make him look scummy. So basically GnK was being a hypocrite and applying double standards.

Then GnK puts Charter at three votes for no reason ("Connect four theory or something). Basically saying he just wants someone to have more pressure, and he doesn't care who.
GnKiochi's 63 wrote:Sorry Plum. The Lynch thing for you was a poor joke. I'd be much more likely to vote for you based on your extremely strong reaction, but that's just me.

I think we're all in agreement on the lack of role claiming. So, where does that leave us?

Apparently, I've got the FOS. So, you know, awesome.

I still have my connect four suspicion on charter, but that's just a hunch among a sea of weak feelings.

Plum had a violent reaction to being called out, but that's seems more like a volatile player than a scum trying to avoid suspicion. Or is that what she wants us to think? (sorry about calling you a he, also)

And then there's my nameless smiley face theory. Jeez, day 1 is hard.
Among other scummy things, GnKoichi seems to resent an FOS on him when he's putting people at 3 votes for no reason. I don't see why he would be that worried about a FOS when he's playing fast and loose with his vote.

Then you guys get into the whole GnK votes no-lynch and GnK vs. Charter stuff. I don't think charter was trying to mislead anyone. I actually found myself htinking he was town at points. GnK abandons all scum hunting to defend himself. Then complains that people are forcing him to defend himself all the time. You have to do both. You have to defend and attack, because the quality of attack can tell people much more about you tha nyour defense.

Uhm...

Other thoughts:

Wall-e -- most of the time I find myself disagreeing or thinking he's insane, but every so often he says things I totally love. From my other experiences with wall-e I pretty much think I should take him more with a grain of salt, or else he derails me.

Kiro - anti-town comments about telling docs not to make a night choice in her post 103. Having a hard time thinking how a pro-town person would think that's a good idea. It's just such a bad idea. It maximizes night kills.

Nameless - voice of reason at times. Although slow to suspect GnK. Also, I thought he was quiet (for him). Maybe that's just because last time I played with him we got into a flame war.

Plum - totally not scum hunting. Comes on every once in a while and discusses strategy with almost no accusations questions, and wasn't voting anyone forever.

Tony - his graph of night kills -- I don't think it could be right since he said the chance of scum dying was 0%? WTH

Other people, I either liked them or didn't feel they were participating enough up to that point for me to know wth to think. I can say who I thought was town, but I don't think that's too helpful.

RANDOM: Charter was saying he thought there wouldn't be much death tonight and people were hating on him for it. I agree with charter though. There's going to be a lot of protection going around, many nks could be stopped. Also, I was thinking: docs are going to protect someone they think is town. So scum have to target more scummy-looking townies if they want their kill to go through. Which helps us in the long run because we don't waste time lynching those scummy-looking townies. The SK being Nk immune and the mafia having a doc cuts down on cross-kills, but will tip the mafia to the identity of ths SK if we give choices. IF the mafia target someone who doesn't die and wasn't protected... they know who the SK is, and hopefully get us to lynch the SK... am i rambling?
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #719 (isolation #5) » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:13 am

Post by elvis_knits »

GnKoichi wrote:*sigh* Yeah, if I read through the first half of this game, I would think I was scum, too.
Can you point me to the part where you get pro-town?
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #756 (isolation #6) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:57 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Interesting... I was playing WIFOM trying to think what certain roles might claim...

I'm thinking we lynch GnKoichi or Kiro (or plum), let animorpherv live for today but don't protect him tonight.

If animorpherv is vig, he gets off one shot tonight even if he gets killed (since he isn't protected).

If animorpherv lives he's probably scum (or mafia AND SK decided not to kill him).

Mafia and SK might target animorpherv, which would let all the other townies live (not a bad trade, IMO).

Even if mafia and SK don't target animorpherv, we have more docs on the remaining players since nobody's on ani. Which increases our survival rate.

If Ani lives until tomorrow we may be able to confirm him through his action and the choices of others. Then if we find out he really is a vig we can protect him from now on. This situation would be bad for scum, so they really should try to kill animorpherv tonight. And since they can't coordinate, hopefully they both kill ani and we don't have any other kills.

NOTE: we should be vigilant for any hints of coordination...
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #757 (isolation #7) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:58 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Am I crazy?
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #777 (isolation #8) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:02 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

Animorpherv is dead, kmd:
the rules wrote:If you wish to vote, you must bold your vote as such: vote:mirth, or it will not be counted. Unvotes would be very much appreciated, but not necessary.
It would be good to read the rules before attempting a stunt like that.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #778 (isolation #9) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:06 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

GnKoichi wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:Interesting... I was playing WIFOM trying to think what certain roles might claim...

I'm thinking we lynch GnKoichi or Kiro (or plum), let animorpherv live for today but don't protect him tonight.

If animorpherv is vig, he gets off one shot tonight even if he gets killed (since he isn't protected).

If animorpherv lives he's probably scum (or mafia AND SK decided not to kill him).

Mafia and SK might target animorpherv, which would let all the other townies live (not a bad trade, IMO).

Even if mafia and SK don't target animorpherv, we have more docs on the remaining players since nobody's on ani. Which increases our survival rate.

If Ani lives until tomorrow we may be able to confirm him through his action and the choices of others. Then if we find out he really is a vig we can protect him from now on. This situation would be bad for scum, so they really should try to kill animorpherv tonight. And since they can't coordinate, hopefully they both kill ani and we don't have any other kills.

NOTE: we should be vigilant for any hints of coordination...
I found a hint of coordination.
Where...
GnKoichi wrote: I'm curious how far into game you are in terms of reading, only because you think of Kiro as scum. I can't think of any reasons except for one comment from a LONG time ago. There are plenty of better reasons to be suspicious of others. You also don't give any reasons for not lynching Ani, since you seem to be fine with him dying at night, and he's clearly the easiest lynch right now.
I've read like 8 pages. I joined yesterday, remember? Kiro made a horribly anti-town comment about the docs shouldn't protect anyone tonight.

The reason I thought it would be good to not lynch ani is because he claimed vig (which we don't want to kill if he's telling the truth)... my plan to not lynch him and not protect him is the best of both worlds.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #779 (isolation #10) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:09 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

Stef wrote:Ehm.. i would have at least expected some discussion before the hammer considering he claimed vig. Oh well.. we'll just have to wait and see.
Yeah, I didn't like the lack of discussion. I didn't like how GnK didn't comment on the claim, but asked KMD what he's waiting for and why he isn't voting Ani, and then KMD goes and hammers. Which is the more retarded since KMD says he thinks GnK is scum.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #780 (isolation #11) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:11 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

Kmd4390 wrote:Well, I was mainly hoping for that analysis post from Animo, and a claim. He's posted without any analysis since I asked for it. His claim is probably what a SK would claim. Mafia may or may not claim that. I don't think he is a vig. And, by dibs, I meant I wanted to do this:

Vote Animorph
What makes you think the vig claim is more likely an SK than a mafia?
Talk nerdy to me.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”