Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #513 (isolation #0) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:30 am

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

Good evening, everyone.

I haven't read the game yet, so while I do that, I would like Tenchi and Wall-E to give me a quick summary of the game, preferably from memory.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #514 (isolation #1) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:24 am

Update: I've read through page 12 and my two biggest suspects are dead. This bodes well.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #515 (isolation #2) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:02 pm

Okay, I've read everything. Jesus Christ, people. It's really late in my time zone, so I'm going to sleep on what I've just read and will post tomorrow.

Fun Fact: At various points in my read, I wanted most of you lynched.

Mod: Since three new people just replaced in, and Wall-E, SC, and Tenchi turned a bunch of pages into big-ass walls of text, is there any chance the deadline can be a bit longer than ten days? Or maybe rescindible, if activity picks up?

We'll see closer to the deadline
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #516 (isolation #3) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:58 pm

Haschel Cedricson wrote:Okay, I've read everything. Jesus Christ, people. It's really late in my time zone, so I'm going to sleep on what I've just read and will post tomorrow.
I now have food poisoning. I'll try tomorrow.

Sorry about this. I was fine when I signed up.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #525 (isolation #4) » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:59 pm

Right. Sorry about the food poisoning.

My number one suspect right now is actually Seraphim. Rereading I found quite a few things I didn't like:
"Seraphim, on Dec. 07" wrote:After a quick reread of the game, I seems to me that I don't like Pops. At all. More in-depth reread to follow, but for now, his entire voting/revoting thing + the entire Mason discussion reeks of scum. I won't put my vote down until my second reread is complete, however.
Fair enough. Hopefully you'll elaborate after the more in-depth reread...
Seraphim, in his next post wrote:If Budja wasn't getting replaced, I would definitely change my vote to him. His call for a cease-fire seems rather scummy to me. I also just don't like the feel of his posts in general. I guess we'll wait to see what his replacement says, but...

Pops is still probably the lynch for the day, though. His entire mason-hunt reeks, along with his constant revoting really bugs me.
There are a few things wrong with this. First of all, if you think Budja is scummy, then you vote him! Replacing out of a game doesn't give your successor a free pass! Second of all, assume that Budja did not get replaced. Seraphim's reasons for suspecting Budja are calling for a cease-fire and not liking "the feel of his posts in general." I personally think the case on Pops was more compelling and don't understand why Seraphim would choose Budja over Pops. Nevertheless, this quote amounts to Seraphim saying "Here is my number one choice, but the lynch for the day is probably my number two choice!" Not only that, but he doesn't even vote for his number two choice! All we were intended to remember from this post was that Seraphim was suspicious of Budja and Pops, but after rereading, Seraphim made no move here to bring about a lynch of either of his two suspects!
Seraphim wrote:I've counted the votes.

Vote: Pops

This puts you at L-1. I have stated a few times why I find you scummy. Would you like to claim?
This post didn't come until about a day after Seraphim posted his suspicions. In the meantime, Wall-E, Pops, and to a lesser extent, Tenchi expressed a desire to put more pressure on Budja/Budja's replacement. How does Seraphim respond to the early formation of a possible bandwagon on his number one suspect?

By voting for his number two suspect.

Combined with the fact that neither Budja or StrangerCoug acknowledged Seraphim once, my personal opinion is that Seraphim and Budja/SC/Blakadder are likely a mafia/werewolf pair.

Vote: Seraphim

In other news, Tenchi and Wall-E's failure to post a summary has been noted.

vote count

tenchi (3): wall-e, popsofctown, hp [leaves]
wall-e (2): blakadder, seraphim
haschel cedricson (1): tenchi
seraphim (1): jenethron

not voting: everyone else

with 9 alive it is 5 to lynch
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #526 (isolation #5) » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:03 pm

EBWOP: Forgot this one.
Seraphim wrote:
Vote: Wall-E

This argument...arguments like this often kill games like this. However, I am getting more town vibes from StrangerCoug. Also, I had been getting scum vibes from Wall-E even before Day 2. I'm going to do a re-read to see if the facts confirm my gut instinct at the moment.
Funny that these scum vibes on Wall-E were never mentioned before Day 2. In fact, this suspicion on Wall-E didn't happen until AFTER StrangerCoug started attacking Wall-E on Day 2.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #588 (isolation #6) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:49 am

If we're not going to switch to Seraphim/Howard, I would much rather see Tenchi lynched than Soveliss/hp.
Vote: Tenchi
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #589 (isolation #7) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:50 am

EBWOP:
Wall-E wrote:
popsofctown wrote:we need to beat the clock with some Tenchi lynch guys.. or Seraphim lynch would be delightful too. Wall-E, would you deadline switch to Seraphim if he got a following? He's at two votes right now.
Hmmm. Sure, why not. You only live once.
Unvote: Vote: Soveliss/HP
Wall-E, explain this. Why switch to Soveliss/hp when the post that appears to prompt this switching refers to another player entirely?
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #594 (isolation #8) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:24 pm

Wall-E wrote:Nobody tried to save Tenchi this whole time. Now, suddenly, Soveliss is in trouble and someone hops onto Tenchi's wagon to try to save him. You've tipped your hand, Cederic.
I'm not trying to "save" Soveliss/hp; I understand the case made against him. I just think Tenchi is a better lynch. Tenchi's demeanor now comes across as too self-preservationist, what with his statements like "I need another Townie to save me," "They will either lynch me or save me," and "If it's between me or a no-lynch, I would pick a no-lynch." In addition, remember when Tenchi did that long-ass post-by-post summary of the game? All he did was restate information already in the thread; he didn't bother to draw any conclusions from it. He didn't even place a vote at the end of it. That's scummy in my book, and if we're not going to lynch Seraphim/Howard (which is still my first choice, and I will go back to him if it looks at all possible to make him today's lynch), then the above tilts the Tenchi-Soveliss balance for me.

I will admit I am prone to confirmation bias, and the fact that the Soveliss case was first presented by my primary suspect makes me wary.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #597 (isolation #9) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:08 pm

There's a difference between preventing one's own lynch by convincing people to vote for a better case and preventing one's own lynch by appealing to emotion and asking people to "save" you. I feel Tenchi's doing the latter. Furthermore, the town can win posthumously. If my own death led to the town winning, then I would be okay with that. Arguing too hard that you should be kept alive for basically the sake of being kept alive is scummy.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #598 (isolation #10) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:09 pm

EBWOP:
How can you call a townie at this stage in the game trying to stop a myslynch "too self-preservational?"
That's a loaded question, because it assumes that Tenchi is definitely a townie, which I don't believe is the case.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #620 (isolation #11) » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:19 am

popsofctown wrote:so, now there's more scum than town? i'm not so sure wall-e's town then, or anyone is.
everyone here is 4/5 likely to be scum.... trippy.

Perhaps it's better if we run this game
by picking the two players we most surely think are town
, since there's fewer town than scum.
Shouldn't it only be one player? Since the townies know that they are one of the two?

I'm rereading you after I'm no longer on dial-up Internet.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #624 (isolation #12) » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:06 pm

pops wrote: i meant as a town, we select two people we think to be town, and then lynch from the pool of the remainder. Even though only one of you guys is my other townie, it'd be most correct for us as a town to have two people in mind as the townies. It's important, because after we lynch scum, we need his disenfranchised partner to shoot scum and not town.
Gotcha. You also correctly gave the ratio of 4/5, so I'll accept that I misinterpreted.
Howard wrote: I knew that sekinj was the other mason. That was clear upon my re-read of the thread replacing in. I was hoping that he wouldn't be inactive so that I could follow his vote.

Pending a re-read, but for now . . .

vote BlakAdder
It's a little late to go for lurkers, isn't it? Also, your statement about sekinj sounds a little like scum explaining the night kill. Thirdly, even if it was obvious that he was the other mason, that wouldn't necessarily make his scumhunting any better than everyone else's, and to announce an intention to follow a non-cop's vote feels wrong.

Vote: HowardRoark
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #627 (isolation #13) » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:44 pm

It's not pointless aggression. I had Seraphim and Budja/SC/Blakadder pegged as a scum pair yesterday, and HowardRoark hasn't done anything to make me change my mind about that.

Instead of trying to figure out who the other townie is, I'm trying to decide who the likeliest scumpairs are. I'm not sure about the other group yet, but I haven't seen any combination that makes more sense than Howard/Blakadder.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #634 (isolation #14) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:51 am

I would normally object, but after the Pops and hp things, fuck it, let's do it.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #656 (isolation #15) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:31 pm

Just so everybody knows, I am perfectly willing to switch over to Budja since I think he's HR's partner, so for all intents and purposes the rest of you should treat him as if he's at L-1.

Wall-E, there are 6 remaining players, not 7. Also, now is not the time for lynches based on lurking.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #671 (isolation #16) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:16 am

I can't express how surprised I was when Howard flipped town.

Good game, everyone,
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #672 (isolation #17) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:17 am

Wall-E wrote:I got so
into
the scumhunting in this game; I sent in a kill order on my own partner night before last. That would have been hilarious(?).

Sorry partner!
Wait, what?!
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #680 (isolation #18) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:25 pm

HowardRoark wrote:Curiosity: Were you scum and werewolves att4empting to target each other or town with your night kills?
I wasn't around for the first night, but we definitely killed sekinj because we knew he was the other mason. Last night we calculated if we hit scum we would do no worse than force a prisoner's dilemma, so we were going for scum.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”