Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Mini 787: Imperfection (Over)

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Thu May 07, 2009 1:38 pm

Post by Beyond_Birthday »

Nine… Ten… Eleven…Twelve…Thirt--He narrowed his eyes as a clumsy finger retraced over the tiny flickers etched into dark backdrop. Same count again. He focused deeper into the endless black void, as though trying to will a thirteenth star back into existence. Still nothing. Puzzled, he massaged the identification number singed in his skin. He was sure there had been a thirteenth star in that cluster just the night before, as clear as he had seen the fourteenth, the fifteenth …Ah well, he thought to himself before picking up his adjacent snack and piercing it’s perfect skin lazily with his teeth, its one of His numbers anyway. He let the juices cascade down his throat before turning his attention to the wound he had created in his snack. Perfectly white and crisp, just as it had been an hour ago when he had taken his first bite. It was wonderful not to worry about oxygen corrupting his snack at any moment. It stayed as it had been before and after the bite: perfect and untouched. Like everything else, he mused nonchalantly. He proceeded to erect himself off the ground he’d been lounging on. He was already late for meeting up with his friend. He discarded his perfect snack on the ground and strolled back toward town. But really, what was the problem with a few minutes or hours passing in a perfect wasteland? He loped two steps forward before feeling a subtle nudge click against his heel. He lowered his gaze and saw that his had followed him. Curious, he traced the trail he had walked with his eyes before setting on a pair of boots a few feet away.
“Oh, hey,” he grinned lifting his head slightly, “Thanks again from before, but you damn nearly gave me a heart attack this ti--”
A fierce crack shattered his words, as he collapsed backwards to his previous position on the ground. His eyes glazed slightly over to the cluster of stars he had counted just moments before. Shaking, his hand began to slowly recount. One…Two…Three… A second crack then numbed the missing thirteenth star for good.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flabbergasted was a word too short to describe the faces that fixed on the gruesome sight. Some eyes were seasoned with horror, while other pairs seemed more curious than anything. Tied spread-eagled to the statue of their founder was one of their own…He’d been stripped naked and his head hung slightly, as though he was sleeping in shame. Smudged across his face was a curved thick stroke of his own blood, mimicking a sinister grin. Dangling from the rope around his neck was a peculiar bitten fruit. It’s broken skin was coated in victims blood, as though attempting to give the illusion that the red fruit was whole again. No one dared to inch forward. They admired the unusual sight from afar, each focusing on a different piece of what appeared to be a horrible fixture of art. Art that had been signed by the artist. Art that had a name scrawled unevenly below with the same medium that had been used in the rest of the piece. It read: IGnoRaNce WAS BliSs.

Current Phase
: Night 4
Current Vote count
:

Deadline
: 14 August 2009 08:00 GMT

Enjoying paradise!

Idiotking
Boxman

PhilyEc
falkomagno

No longer showing symptoms of life

Ztife, the mafia roleblocker

Cateraction, Citizen of Second Eden

magnus_orion, the mafia twin

Dust, Citizen of Second Eden
darkdude, Citizen of Second Eden
Xtoxm, Citizen of Second Eden

The Many
Mixologist
, Survivor of Earth

caf19
OccamR
, the overeager vigilante
Riceballtail
Guybrush Threepwood
, Citizen of Second Eden

General Rules:

1. Do not discuss the game outside of the game thread unless your role specifically allows it. This is a modkillable offense.

2. All Deadlines are absolute.

3. If you notice a mistake that I have made, please pm me about it or bold it in the thread: @Mod: I was voting player X, not player Y

4. Modkilled players become Neutral Survivors and automatically lose. In addition, a modkill either will or won't end the day depending on which will hurt the modkilled player's faction the most (scum modkill will not, town modkill will).

5. Do not post in red. It is my color. Impersonating the mod will cause disciplinary action to be taken.

Voting, lynching, and death

6. Votes must be in bold:
vote: Kairyuu

7. Unvoting before voting again is not necessary.

8. Voting for a no lynch is acceptable. A no lynch will occur if L-1 is reached for a no lynch.

9. Lynch happens when a player reaches a voting level equal to 1/2 of living players + 1 rounded down.

10. At deadline, the required number of votes to lynch is 1/2 of the normal amount, also rounded down (if it would be 6, it is 3; if 5, also 3). However, once there are 7 or less players alive a full majority will be required to lynch.

11. Roles will be revealed upon death. Not all roles are complete.

12. Once a player has been lynched they are allowed a single 'bah' post with no game related content.

13. Once a lynch count has been reached, the game enters twilight. During twilight anyone except the lynched player may continue to speak until I post a death scene.

Activity

14. By signing up for this game you have agreed to treat it as a commitment. I expect you to honor that commitment.

15. Day Phases will have a non retractable deadline of 23 days. Night Phases will have a non retractable deadline of 3 days.

16. If a person goes 36 hours (1.5 days) they will be replaced as soon as possible.

17. V/LA notes posted in thread or PMed to me will be honored. If the V/LA is too long and interferes with my deadline, you will be replaced and notified via PM. I expect you to delete your PM and forget it without ever discussing it until post game. Failure to do so will result in being reported to a site administrator.

Conduct

18. Play to win.

Blantantly stolen from Kairyuu.
Last edited by Beyond_Birthday on Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:58 pm, edited 29 times in total.
Show
I'm coming up on Infra-Red
There is no running that can hide you
Cause I can see in the dark
Town: 5-2
Mafia: 1-2-1
Neu~: 0-0
6-4-1
"quit making me prove your points." ~Phayt AKA TheSkeward
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (isolation #1) » Sat May 09, 2009 4:21 am

"These are what thou wish me to serve? I am the Morning Star, and I am rival thine strength and thy powers, O God!"
Vote Count

Dust -3- Guybrush Threepwood, darkdude, PhilyEc
Darkdude -2- OccamR, Dust
Guybrush Threepwood-1- Mixologist
PhilyEc -1- Magnus_Orion
Magnus_Orion -1- Cateraction
Show
6-4-1
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (isolation #2) » Tue May 12, 2009 5:30 pm

"Et tu, Michael? Maitenant je suis comdamné; vous m'abandonnez? Pour le premiere temp, je suis faible. Je ne faut pas Deiu, mais sans vous, frére, je ne suis rein."
Darkdude -2- OccamR, Dust,
PhilyEc -2- Magnus_Orion, Xtoxm
Falkomagno -1- Guybrush Threepwood
Mixologist -1- Magnus_Orion
Guybrush Threepwood -1- Mixologist
Xtoxm -1- darkdude

Prods sent.
Guybrush Threepwood 49 hours! ~sent
Xtoxm 33 hours ~sent
Ztife 34 hours ~sent
Last edited by Beyond_Birthday on Wed May 13, 2009 12:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Show
6-4-1
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (isolation #3) » Mon May 18, 2009 12:47 pm

If not for God, our hearts be not of stone but ice. Just as Hell's center is the darkness, the frost, so to our souls would be. Light of the world, warm. Darkness of sin, ice.
As Lucifer fell, as the endless timelessness echoed:
"I will take your men and show you their corrupt souls. How I am better than you will be proven when the world you've made is broken, and you are shown just how fragile their hearts are. How stupid you are, my Lord-HA! What a foolish concept. That YOU have dominion over me.

'What threat wilt thou have?' When I turn to them and whisper with the voice that holds the allure of darkness and leads them into my core so that they might be numb to you?"

Vote Count

Cateraction-2- Guybrush Threewood, Mixologist
Darkdude -1- Ztife
PhilyEc -1- Xtoxm
Falkomagno -1- Guybrush Threepwood
OccamR -1- Magnus_Orion
Xtoxm -1- darkdude, falkomango

Boxman is being replaced.
Ztife is being prodded.
Show
6-4-1
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (isolation #4) » Wed May 20, 2009 7:47 am

If not for God, our hearts be not of stone but ice. Just as Hell's center is the darkness, the frost, so to our souls would be. Light of the world, warm. Darkness of sin, ice.
As Lucifer fell, as the endless timelessness echoed:
"I will take your men and show you their corrupt souls. How I am better than you will be proven when the world you've made is broken, and you are shown just how fragile their hearts are. How stupid you are, my Lord-HA! What a foolish concept. That YOU have dominion over me.

'What threat wilt thou have?' When I turn to them and whisper with the voice that holds the allure of darkness and leads them into my core so that they might be numb to you?"

Vote Count

Cateraction-2- Guybrush Threewood, Mixologist
Darkdude -2- Ztife, Cateraction
Xtoxm -2- darkdude, falkomango
Falkomagno -2- Guybrush Threepwood, Xtoxm
OccamR -1- Magnus_Orion

Boxman is being replaced.
Ztife is being prodded.
Last edited by Beyond_Birthday on Wed May 20, 2009 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show
6-4-1
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (isolation #5) » Mon May 25, 2009 5:38 pm

Boxman's blood has been drained to make my jam. I got you some moron loser to replace him... Idiotking or something. Treat him well, got that? I need him for jam later...
Show
6-4-1
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (isolation #6) » Mon May 25, 2009 6:17 pm

And God turned to him and said, "Without condoning or condmemning, I understand. Just realize that it is not I who places you in hell. It is not I who punishes you. It is all within your power, and in the power of each man, to create their own Inferno or Paradisia."

Vote Count

Darkdude -2- Ztife, Cateraction
Xtoxm -2- darkdude, falkomango
Falkomagno -2- Guybrush Threepwood, Xtoxm
Ztife -2- Magnus_Orion, PhilyEc
OccamR-1- Mixologist

Since I've failed myself and played bad mod, giving prods to all who have failed to post in the past 24 hours (even if you have missed days).

Prodded everyone but
Magnus
Ztife
PhilyEc
I also prodded one other person who I don't think needed it, but I did so: sorry.

This game will also start being kicked into high gear. You're time is almost up. Oh, and before you ask: No, I am not changing the deadline. It is non negotiable.

At deadline, I will not make a post, but anything beyond that point will simply not count. The game will go into twilight for exactly 24 hours in which time our lovely writer, credited with our intro, will have a wonderful death seen with plenty of flavor (non indicative of anyone's role, except the deceased).

Anyway, crunch time is coming. And the Deadline has been updated to the MOMENT that twilight begins.
Show
6-4-1
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #398 (isolation #7) » Thu May 28, 2009 6:30 pm

And God turned to him and said, "Without condoning or condmemning, I understand. Just realize that it is not I who places you in hell. It is not I who punishes you. It is all within your power, and in the power of each man, to create their own Inferno or Paradisia."

Vote Count

Mixologist-5- Cateraction, Dust, Magnus_Orion, PhilyEc, Xtoxm
Cateraction-1- Guybrush Threepwood
Ztife-1- OccamR

Deadline is exactly: 13h30minutes from the time this post was made.

Prodded:
Dust
Guybrush Threepwood (VLA) <---Won't be replaced due to (VLA).
OccamR
Ztife
Will be replaced within 12 hours if fails to pick up prod in six.
Show
6-4-1
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (isolation #8) » Fri May 29, 2009 5:10 am

OccamR has been replaced. If Dust or Ztife (I'm talking to YOU) need a prod again, I will just replace you without mentioning it. If you're out, VLA. But from now on, you two must stay in the the 36 hour posting guidelines. Everyone else will be noted but are not yet on an "instant replace" schedule.

Deadline is in: 8h52m

OccamR is being replaced by caf19. *Puts OccamR jam into the fridge.*
Show
6-4-1
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #492 (isolation #9) » Sat May 30, 2009 3:42 pm

Trapped within the mouth of Satan are the world's other greatest betrayers [to their Lord and Masters], Juadas Iscariot, Brutus, and Cassius

Vote Count

Ztife-5- Dust, Magnus_Orion, Mixologist, OccamR, Xtomx*
Mixologist-3- Cateraction, PhilyEc, Ztife
Cateraction-1- Guybrush Threepwood
Xtomx-1- Darkdude, falkomango
Magnus_Orion-1- IdiotKing

*Deadline lynch result= 5 out of 4 votes required.

Ztife, the
mafia roleblocker
, has been lynched.

Night begins now.
Last edited by Beyond_Birthday on Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show
6-4-1
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #493 (isolation #10) » Sat May 30, 2009 7:29 pm

Dust noticed that Ztife seemed far too calm when reading the blood ridden message beneath the body as Magnus_Orion nodded silently in agreement when he caught Dust’s gaze. Although missing the previous silent contact between the two, Mixologist too felt that the bold move by Ztife indicating some fault of his, which made him too easy a suspect. OccamR’s vote came from a different source. Knowing ahead of time that Ztife had made plans to meet with the victim earlier made him a sure suspect; there was no time for a trial…something had to be done now. It was Xtomx, though who would take an even bolder step. He retrieved one of the bloody ropes from the statue outside and poised it as his weapon. With Xtomx’s eyes fixed on Ztife, the others instinctively knew the plot. From behind, Xtomx looped the rope around Ztifes neck and pulled him to the ground. Dust and Magunus_Orion pounced forward grabbing opposite sides of Ztife’s arm. They flipped Ztife on his back as Xtomx started knotted the rope at the and began sawing the rope into Ztifes neck. Dust and Magunus_Orion held Ztife’s flailing body down, attempting to dodge the kicks Ztife’s flailing life made in protest, until Mixologist sauntered over and held them down, as an inhuman screech continued from Ztife’s mouth. OccamR decided to do the rest a favor and laced his hands over Ztife’s mouth while muttering “Quiet. It’ll be over soon.”

The blood-soaked rope gained a fresh new coat as it drove through Ztife’s neck. The spasms began faltering before stopping completely as a new exhibit joined the gruesome art outside. With the deed done, the, five stood up and turned to see PhilyEc standing behind them. Smiling sheepishly, the seemingly innocent bystander attempted to offer some affimation, “I…thought he did it too ya know.”

The five eyed him suspiciously before looking back at the silent Ztife, now dead directly below the statue’s rotting fruit.
Show
6-4-1
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #494 (isolation #11) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:05 pm

The water still felt tainted from all of the recent death as
Cateraction, citizen of Second Eden
drew samples from it. Though seeming so simple and clear, the recycled liquid had flowed through the bodies of those now dead, a thought which sent chills through Cateraction.

He did not hear the soft fall of footsteps come from behind over the gurgling of the man-made stream. All that was felt was the sudden cool feel of a gun pressing softly through his hair, then the final sensation of slamming face first into the water as he and his blood, too, become one with it.

~NCW

Cateraction is a townie. Day 2 will start at the top of the next hour.
Show
6-4-1
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #562 (isolation #12) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:45 pm

"If God is all good, why must we suffer? Why can Lucifer never be redeemed?" The boy's tears were too much for the father, a philosopher in his own right. He felt overwhelmed, moved.

Holding his son close to his chest. The real answer wasn't satisfying. The real answer, the boy could not understand. So he ignored, for this sole moment, the debates of scholars, of scientists, and the pharisees and said:
"God has his ways, beyond what any mere man can comprehend."

Vote Count

Idiotking -1- Magnus_Orion
Magnus_Orion -2- Idiotking, Darkdude
Falkomagno -1- Xtoxm
Show
6-4-1
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #602 (isolation #13) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:39 pm

Insulted, the boy looked blankly at his father.
"If he can't be understood and all his wonders are beyond us, then he doesn't exist. There is no God." Lucifer cradled the boy's soul. The father could feel his son slip away.

Vote Count

Idiotking -2- Magnus_Orion, Dust
Magnus_Orion -3- Idiotking, Darkdude, falkomagno
Falkomagno -1- Xtoxm

Dust is V/LA for 1 week.
Show
6-4-1
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #628 (isolation #14) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:10 pm

I've decided that since I've run out of sugar, that Guybrush is new enough to this site to have some pretty sugary blood. Look at the little kid, I bet he lives off of sugar. For this reason, I've grabbed a piece of non-sugar food for the game. Call her riceballtail. Enjoy.
Show
6-4-1
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #662 (isolation #15) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:02 pm

The father attempts to correct his error, but to no avail. This child is now lost. All other thoughts, all other reasons will be rejected. Until he can find God for himself, the child is without God. Just as those in the first level of hell, the good pagans, seek an answer they cannot find, for God will not negate himself by entering hell, how can this child find God when he has devoided himself of the divine Creator?
For thine is the Kingdom

Vote Count

Magnus_Orion -5- Idiotking, Darkdude, falkomagno, riceballtail, PhilyEc
Idiotking -2- Magnus_Orion, Dust
Falkomagno -1- Xtoxm
PhilyEc -1- caf19

Dust is V/LA for 3 more days.
Show
6-4-1
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #768 (isolation #16) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:25 pm

Death's other kingdom

Vote Count

Magnus_Orion -3- Idiotking, falkomagno, riceballtail
Idiotking -1- Dust
Falkomagno -1- Xtoxm, Magnus_Orion
PhilyEc -1- caf19
Xtoxm -1- Darkdude

Dust is V/LA for 2 more days.
Last edited by Beyond_Birthday on Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Show
6-4-1
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #776 (isolation #17) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:30 am

Activity countdown clock has been reset, as of this post, for all players.

I have apparently been a slightly bad mod in this and will attempt to make more friends for replacements. Or cross replace...

Hm... I'll work on it guys.
Last edited by Beyond_Birthday on Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Show
6-4-1
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #798 (isolation #18) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:51 pm

Yes, I've been told that. However, 3 people have not picked up prods from forever ago. I also realize (stupidity on my behalf aside) that this was very much in bad taste.

I will resume (hopefully with more luck with the terrifying power of the officials motivating me) to find replacements. I will have them replaced ASAP!
Show
6-4-1
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #813 (isolation #19) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:33 pm

Mixologist is replaced by The Many. Hm... not sure what to use this lifeless body for.
Show
6-4-1
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #814 (isolation #20) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:39 pm

We're the Hollow Men....

Vote Count

Magnus_Orion -- Idiotking, falkomagno, riceballtail, PhilyEc, magnus_orion, darkdude
Idiotking -1- Dust
Falkomagno -1- Xtoxm
PhilyEc -1- caf19

Twilight started, magnus_orion has been lynched.
Show
6-4-1
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #818 (isolation #21) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:59 pm

Magnus_Orion, the mafia twin,
was led slowly to the sturdiest tree in the biodome. Rather than look at the ominous looking branch before him, he looked to the stars. From a near infinite distance, they glimmered like the dew on a black forbidden apple, tempting man into the distance to touch the ether. Up close, though, they would be the burning fires, a punishing hell for curiousity.
The slipping of a noose around his neck ended any reminiscing as he was forced to step up onto the makeshift scaffolding of a chair that many of the researchers had sat on so many times before. As the rope was secured, he stared at the faces that condemned him. Idiotking, falkomango, riceballtail, PhilyEc, darkdude. He closed his eyes as the chair was kicked from beneath him and he swung from the tree beneath the serene eyes of the stars.
Last edited by Beyond_Birthday on Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
Show
6-4-1
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #852 (isolation #22) » Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:32 pm

[Insert Flavor here]

Dust, a citizen of Second Eden, has been shot.
Darkdude, a citizen of Second Eden, has been shot.

Day 3 Starts.
Deadline is 21 July 2009

Also, probably due to a computer/mod error, night has passed. To those who didn't post: Thanks.

To those who did: My bad.
Show
6-4-1
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #874 (isolation #23) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:46 pm

Behind the boy sat Lucifer. He perfect hair and face, sculpted by the voice of God, was the source of dark allure. The child would fall from this paradise. Was it the wicked leviathon or the father to blame? What creature, great or small, my cause this fall from grace? Or had it all been decided at a simple moment....at a single point...where all spacetime had been perfectly limited. Perfectly...imperfect...

Flakomagno -1 (Riceballtail)
xtoxm -1 (falkomagno)
Show
6-4-1
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #928 (isolation #24) » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:19 am

It has come to my attention that an error was made in reporting Magnus_Orion's role. Please see the lynch scene on page 33 for the corrected role.

The votes have been reset.
Last edited by Beyond_Birthday on Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show
6-4-1
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #957 (isolation #25) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:42 pm

Sometimes one must really consider if evil is the opposite of our desires. Maybe in the grand scheme, an Earth that is rotten to the core is best for the universe... Should then we just annhilate ourselves or go on living...?

Falkomagno -1 (caf19)
Xtoxm -1 (Idiotking)
PhilyEc -1 (Xtoxm)
Show
6-4-1
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #996 (isolation #26) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:23 am

And it was with this final push, that last thought, pressed into a child's mind, that he had won. For all the world was lukewarm; an entire generation beset by a mild acceptance of mediocrity. A feeling of "I don't care" that might echo throughout eternity. Here lies us, a people taken by abortion and prostitution. Greed and gluttony. And for these material possessions alone do we show passion, but in reality, that is a lust of temporal goods, another sin.

I suppose the sickest part of all of this is that our ends by way of justification we'll claim, "All and all it's just another brick in the wall" while never remembering, never trying to recall, that the Rock Opera's true message is thus:

Build not thy walls. Free yourself in balance of expression and love. Seek help and remember we are a collected people. We must have relationships with our mothers and fathers, our teachers and friends, our lovers and our children. To this end, this good end, might we be whole. And through this, we will find our God, our Great Spirit, our Pantheon, our Truth. So long as we continue to expand our world, we might truly find that the world begins with you, and only by pushing our horizons can it expand.

Falkomagno -2 (caf19, PhilyEc)
PhilyEc -1 (Xtoxm)
Xtoxm -1 (falkomagno)
Last edited by Beyond_Birthday on Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Show
6-4-1
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1021 (isolation #27) » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:47 pm

If you lose...the world....ends with you...

Falkomagno -1 (caf19)
PhilyEc -2 (Xtoxm, Riceballtail)
Xtoxm -3 (falkomagno, Idiotking, PhilyEc)
Show
6-4-1
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1039 (isolation #28) » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:05 pm

Xtoxm's
final steps were heavy and light at the same time as he floated on the outside of the ship. The great black vacuum of space was silent around him, the only sound being his heavy breathing that fogged up the inside of his visor slightly. The universe's darkness seemed to be deliberately ignoring him, saying: I have witnessed the birth of stars, the unbridled flames of supernovas, the ravenous mouths of black holes, the outcropping of life from primordial ooze, the fall of civilizations. What is the life of a single man worth to me?

The nudge of one of his crew mates from behind stopped his thoughts. Many of the team of scientists had grown tired of the constant bloodshed within the walls of their own compound and decided the violence should be taken to the outside of the ship. As his helmet was unclasped from his suit and the vacuum came rushing in, he knew his death would be no better than the other lynchings. With the last air in his lungs, he cried out into that uncaring darkness all around him, tears of blood pouring forth.

PhilyEc -2 (Xtoxm, Riceballtail)
Xtoxm -4 (falkomagno, Idiotking, PhilyEc, caf19)

has been lynched. Night ends in 48 hours of this post. Please, note the time.
Show
6-4-1
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1040 (isolation #29) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:16 am

The Many
slowly removed Xtoxm's blood from the side of the ship. The liquid from the recent lynch could potentially create problems as it wedged and froze within cracks of the ship's design. Verification that the automized cleaning system had performed its job was essential. He pried a particularly stubborn dark piece from the side of the ship, watching it float off like a ruby into the darkness.
The job finally completed, he moved back to the entrance port back into the ship only to find it locked. He sighed with relief when he saw
caf19
looking from the window of the intermediary room between space and the ship. The Many smiled and waved at his fellow researcher, knowing that he would now gain entrance. However, caf19 did not acknowledge him. He only stared back with eyes that reflected the ever-pressing darkness. Suddenly, The Many noticed that he was drifting away from the ship, his tether that had bound him to the ship lagging behind him like some vestigial tail. He reached out uselessly to caf19, knowing that he could not open the door in his betrayal. However, the door suddenly did open with a hiss, panic and shock flooding into caf19's eyes. The caf19 floated into The Many's arms, gasping for air that did not exist here. As the door to the ship closed, the man with only a few hours left to live held the one already cold and dead, both with staring forward with blank filled with darkness and the wink of stars.

The Many, survivor of Earth
has been cut loose.
caf19, Overeager Vigilante of New Eden
has died in the arms of The Many.

Day 4 begins now.
Last edited by Beyond_Birthday on Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:47 am, edited 3 times in total.
Show
6-4-1
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1058 (isolation #30) » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:24 pm

No one is currently voting.
Show
6-4-1
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1063 (isolation #31) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:43 pm

Let the blood come down and rain on me.

Falkomagno -1 (Riceballtail)
Show
6-4-1
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1077 (isolation #32) » Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:38 pm

And to my end...our end...

Let us...together win...or fall...

Riceballtail -2 (Idiotking, PhilyEc)
Idiotking -1 (Riceballtail)
Show
6-4-1
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1078 (isolation #33) » Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:16 am

Sending out a mass prod due to game slowness.
Show
6-4-1
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1079 (isolation #34) » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:46 am

Looking for a falkomagno replacement.
Show
6-4-1
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1087 (isolation #35) » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:01 pm

Falkomagno is no longer being replaced.
Show
6-4-1
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1089 (isolation #36) » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:57 pm

And then there was...

a...

Vote Count:
Riceballtail -3 (Idiotking, PhilyEc, falkomagno)
Idiotking -1 (Riceballtail)
Show
6-4-1
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1090 (isolation #37) » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:59 pm

The mob formed, a wicked smile among the three as they killed her.

Riceballtail, Citizen of Second Eden,
has died.

Night action are due in 3 days, at this time.
Show
6-4-1
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1091 (isolation #38) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:42 pm

"It...I..."

Idiotking, Detective of New Eden
fell to his knees. He had sought out his target for the night. With the failed lynch of the root of all evil yesterday, he thought he was next. So he ran to search PhilyEc's room. He just had to know...

But the room, full of useless blue shirts and many assorted items, was covered in blood. PhilyEc's blood.

Idiotking fell to his knees, and he knew that
PhilyEc. Citizen of Second Eden,
had died. falkomagno walked behind him, a bloody knife let off drips onto the cold, metal floor. He took the blade to the detective's neck, and with one last cut, the deed was done.

New Eden had failed.

falkomagno, (powerless) Mafia Godfather
is left standing in the endgame.
Last edited by Beyond_Birthday on Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Show
6-4-1
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1092 (isolation #39) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:47 pm

Winners! (Hidden parts of each role are in parenthesis)

Ztife, the mafia roleblocker
Cateraction, the mafia goon (anti-death miller) (unknowing twin to Magnus_Orion)
falkomagno, the mafia Godfather (IS investigation immunity, but no bulletproof.)

Town faction:

Idiotking, Detective of Second Eden
PhilyEc, Citizen of Second Eden
magnus_orion, Twin of Second Eden (death-miller)
Dust, Citizen of Second Eden
darkdude, Citizen of Second Eden
caf19, the overeager vigilante
Riceballtail, Citizen of Second Eden

Neutral Faction:
The Many, Survivor of Earth
Last edited by Beyond_Birthday on Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show
6-4-1
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1094 (isolation #40) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:58 pm

Day 1
Expected. Ztife played terrible and the only real disadvantage to the town is the fact that it was slow to jump on this wagon and swing the vote.

Night 1 actions
falkomagno - Mafia Godfather shoots Magnus_Orion (Twin to cat)
Magnus_orion - Twin effect activates! (Magnus_orion survives!)
cateraction - Mafiaoso (dies)
Mixologist - Survivor (1BP-1=0!)
caf19 - Overeager Vigilante (Shoots Mixologist)
Idiotking - Detective (Investigates Magnus, twin to Cateraction!)
Magnus_orion - Twin effect activates! (Idiotking visits wrong room!)

Odds mafia will win? Hm... 27%

Day 2
Unsurprisingly magnus_orion is lynched, flipping scum. (Death miller) Mafia, Falko, is on this wagon.

Night 2
Falkomagno- Mafia Godfather shoots Dust, who dies.
caf19- Overeager Vig shoots Darkdude, who dies.
Idiotking- Detective investigates Xtoxm.

Day 3

...um...what? When there was mafia last time, I had a whole lot of guns. However, you find a dog and lynch someone? Town really shouldn't have done this. Also, the plan of shooting the Many was terrible.

However, the town's greatest blunder is on not acting on the blunder made by falko. He said he was a powerless townie, which is exactly contrary to the role PMs I sent to the townies. RBT (I think) picked up on this, but it was largely ignored. Of all the people to lynch Day 4, RBT was the worst choice.

Night 3
caf19, the Vig kills Many
falko kills Vig, caf19
Idiotking...? Blunders by doing nothing. Even if you think there might be a GF immunity, you should at least try to investigate.

Day 4

Mislynch RBT!?

Night 4
Falkomagno kills PhilyEc
Idiotking investigates PhilyEc

Generally, I give props to PhilyEc for conceiving of the possibility that both M_O and IK were town. I was really surprised at this, but thought it was amazing insight. I give props to RBT (I think) who noticed falko's blunder, which went largely ignored anyway.

Overall, I feel that the game is a toss up between a few bad plays and a general misunderstanding between the townies. Falkomagno does deserve props for staying out of the limelight with two people down, and for realizing that if cater flipped town, then M_O would probably flip scum. That deserves note.

The theme of this game was more or less the M_O twin to cater relationship, who's role ended early and generally dulled out the game. I didn't expect mafia to shoot itself, but it was entertaining to see. Also, I think more than anything, this is chalked up to town blunder more than anything else, but that is just my opinion.

The game is over, Mafia Wins.
Show
6-4-1
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1095 (isolation #41) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:01 pm

magnus_orion wrote:Never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, put a hidden death miller in a mini normal. Especially if you put an upstanding citizen in. Which should also never be in the game, either.

Finally, explain how IK got a guilty when investigating me? If cateraction was an "anti-death miller" (upstanding citizen), then Ik's resualt on me should've been TOWN, not scum.
I warned that some roles would be incomplete.

Upstanding citizen? A citizen=townie, so....I'm confused on that.

An anti-death miller (at least, my defintion) means that someone is not a miller in life, but when dies, flips the opposite of their scum role. So, he isn't an anti-miller throughout the game, he just flips the opposite of it.
Show
6-4-1
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1097 (isolation #42) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:12 pm

You are the detective. You can inspect someone's house each night. You will find something about the person, which will indicate something about their role or alignment. PM me who you want to inspect. Failure to do so by the dead line given in the lynching post (even if night continues) will result in no inspection. You win when all the bad guys are gone.

You are a townie. You have the amazing power of arguing and voting! So does everyone else! You win when all the bad guys are gone.

(Note: One thing I regret is putting the word "townie," but since a citizen, townie, villager, etc are commonly used, I don't think it made much of a difference.)

You are a survivor. Do all you can to avoid death in order to win the game. Staying alive until the game ends results in your win. Luckily, you have a bullet proof vest. Unfortunately, the thing is second hand. You have a one time bullet proof protection!* Good luck!

*If shot twice during one phase, you will not die.

You are a mafia goon with XXX, and YYY(God Father). You can talk to your scumbuddies at night here: http://www.quicktopic.com/43/H/2CN2t4Gr5Qy

One Mafia member should PM me with the mafiakill. You win when everyone not in the Mafia is dead, or nothing can prevent the same. The Godfather has ultimate say in who dies and who does the kill.

You are a mafia Roleblocker with ZZZ, and YYY (God Father). You can talk to your scumbuddies at night here:
http://www.quicktopic.com/43/H/2CN2t4Gr5Qy

One Mafia member should PM me with the mafiakill. You win when everyone not in the Mafia is dead, or nothing can prevent the same. The Godfather has ultimate say in who dies and who does the kill. You cannot roleblock and perform the night kill.

You are the overeager vigilante. You have reached your limit of cops and doctors, so you are going to take matters into your own hands. You know that someone is out there to get you. So, you load you gun, and you will start shooting like mad. Every night, you must send in a kill target. If you fail to send in a kill, you will shoot yourself. You win when all the bad guys are gone.

You are the Godfather, head of the Mafia with YYY and ZZZ. You can talk to your scumbuddies at night here:
http://www.quicktopic.com/43/H/2CN2t4Gr5Qy

One Mafia member should PM me with the mafia-kill. You win when everyone not in the Mafia is dead, or nothing can prevent the same. As Godfather, you have ultimate say in who dies and who does the kill. Additionally, your are investigation immune and your choice to attempt to kill someone is unrestricted.

Note above (And this is why I always check role PMs twice or thrice a night, I've changed it now), the Godfather was investigation immune. This particular thing made the mafia slightly stronger than intended, but that is okay. I still feel the town should have won this game Day 3, but that is beside the point.

In case anyone might be wondering, the Godfather's investigation flavor would have been "too clean." All the other townies had something really strange, usually dealing with pets. Investigation immune was true, but it would have been the oddest (in that sense, most normal) of all the investigation results.
Show
6-4-1

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”