Mini 855: Colorless Rainbow Town (Halted for list mod error)

Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (isolation #0) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:00 pm

Post by Chinaman »

MonkeyMan576 wrote:
Raivann wrote:Yes, believe it or not MM & d3x, I can read and process information.
Okay, this is dodging at it's finest...

FOS: Raivann
No no no, this is sarcasm at it's finest. Sorry, had to post this, cracked me up.

Anyway, hi, I'm Sweep's replacement and I am about halfway through catching up. I will post on what I have read up until now though.

So far I have a pretty much null read on everyone. I honestly believe that the argument between MM and Manz was town vs town. I got the feeling there were exaggerations in both arguments and it is my opinion that scum would tend to avoid a huge confrontation like that at the very beginning of a game. I of course could be totally wrong here, but if either one were scum, they put themselves in the spotlight far too much with their back and forth. What I will be doing when I go back through is looking for those who tried to fuel the fire without jumping in too hard themselves. Anyway, that's all I got thus far and I hope to catch up soon.
Show
So...are you for good, or for AWESOME!?

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (isolation #1) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:02 pm

Post by Chinaman »

Holy crap, sorry MOD if I just stepped on your toes there. I should have waited for you to confirm in thread that I was replacing Sweep. I will keep quiet till you do. Again, sorry bout that.
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (isolation #2) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:31 pm

Post by Chinaman »

alright, I have been announced officially now and have read through this game once so far....I now have headache. Some is due to the back and forth which seems to have occurred rapidly, and the other is due to the damned yellow and pink colors used by ZEE. I don't mind highlighting the tread and all, but just looking at the color gives me a headache. You do not have to do anything I ask Zee, but pretty please with a cherry on top, stop using the yellow. I'm begging you man. On my proverbial knees and everything.

Anyway, like I said, I made it through and am pretty much current. Not being involved in the first 7 pages of discussion, it's hard to get as good a read on anyone as of yet. I am going to re-read, and come back with some questions and comments. My predecessor made one post and that was an RVS vote on the now current bandwagon. I do not yet know how I feel about him, but I have read some good points made by you all about some scummy things he's doing. In my first read through, I had to agree with most of the points on him, but as I haven't had a chance to ask him any questions or come up with a solid argument for why I am on the wagon, I must
UNVOTE
till I feel that the vote on him is from me and not left over from Sweep.
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (isolation #3) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:27 am

Post by Chinaman »

MM wrote:I've already explained I want my vote to be on the record, I'm guessing scum on Raivann at this point and to not vote would be anti-town. I think there's a good chance Raivann could eventually be lynched and I'd rather vote now than give scum the opportunity to vote at L-1. If people have a problem with my vote, I'll unvote if they are worried about a scum lynch.
So does that mean if a scum gets lynched and there are 3 people on on the wagon, are those 3 people your next top suspects since them not being on the wagon is "anti-town"? Also, I don't like that you are worried about what other people think of your vote. It's not the vote people were attacking...it's you basically holding up a big neon sign saying "Hey guys, for the record, I voted for scum!!" That's what is bothering people including myself. The fact that you want to "make others happy" by removing your vote if they say to do so also bothers me. If you think he's scum, who cares what others think about your vote? It's supposed to be your opinion. If it bites you in the ass later, well, it bites you in the ass. Only scum truely care about how they look in others eyes. Town care about finding and lynching scum. So yeah, the above questions to be answered please.
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (isolation #4) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:01 pm

Post by Chinaman »

I'm going to have to agree here. I did not like that my name came up on your probtown list. A: I personally felt it was buddying. Just something off about it. I have posted once and that post happened to remove a vote from your train. That doesn't make me town, it makes me want my vote to be mine not my predecessors. B: This puts a huge target on my back. If you are town, scum knows it. If you think I'm town and say so, it gives scum a very nice shopping list. Especially if you are lynched and flip town.

What do you feel you accomplished toward reaching a town goal by naming myself and Fuzzy on your probtown list? Especially when you have a fairly large bandwagon on you. On the flip side, how about your probscum list. I'm not saying I disagree with your names, I'm just wondering how it helps town currently. What are your cases on them? Why should their actions be viewed as more scummy than yours? (not calling you scummy at this point, just looking for answers)
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (isolation #5) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:21 pm

Post by Chinaman »

Hate to butt in on ya'lls convo here, but...
cruelty wrote:I think that if you're not scum, you're dangerous to town anyway in that you appear scummy
@cruelty: So is it ok to lynch town just because they come off scummy? That's basically what you are saying here. It's almost like you know a mislynch is going to happen on him and want an out. "Well, he wasn't helping out either way, so I voted for him." I'm not saying I disagree with where your vote is, I am saying that putting an "out" so to speak in the same post you vote for him is a little off. Do you have doubt that he will flip scum? If yes, why is your vote on him?

I personally like to come off a little scummy as a town player....keeps me alive longer. Is it possible that this is what he is doing?
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (isolation #6) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:49 pm

Post by Chinaman »

MM wrote:I appreciate Scien giving Raivann a chance, but he's agreeing with some stuff that is clearly scummy. Saying that the Manzcar discussion was "boring", possibly trying to derail the Wagon with a Zeenon wagon, giving Raivann "town points" for defending himself better, when he is clearly still behind on town points overall. It's like saying someone is a good baseball player for batting .240, because he was batting .180 before. I'm questioning the logic here, and the possibility of a Raivann/Scien scum team.
His VERY NEXT post
MM wrote:Well, I'm still suspicious of the buddying, although I agree Raivann might be bad town rather than scum. It's hard to tell at this point.
Talk about your flip-flop! That sounds like scum trying to cover their mislynching azz. Or am I just crazy? Hell, the only post in between those two post was from Scien.
Scien wrote: Monkey wrote:
Saying that the Manzcar discussion was "boring".

It was boring. Manz generalized what you were saying, and I believe it was due to townish concerns. You stretched his meaning, I believe for townie concerns. The only think I got out of that is that you both are willing to fight for your concerns. But the actual points you were raising on each other I think were pretty much 'meh'.

Hence boring. Other's people's reactions with the situation at that time however were more interesting.

Monkey wrote:
possibly trying to derail the Wagon with a Zeenon wagon

There is no wagon yet. I just want my questions answered. Where is Zeenon anyway?

Monkey wrote:
giving Raivann "town points" for defending himself better, when he is clearly still behind on town points overall.

I gave him points for admiting a mistake. It would have been just as easy to come up with something of d3x's and called it scummy to justify his 'another scummy post' claim. Instead he owns up. Seems ok to me, and removes one of my criticisms of him. Townie points awarded. Or scum points removed... however you want to phrase it.

Monkey wrote:
It's like saying someone is a good baseball player for batting .240, because he was batting .180 before.

Heh. I never said he was looking town now. More that he was looking more neutral these days.

Let's use your analogy. If our team is mostly batting .300, he was batting .100. He answered some questions, and removed a couple of my concerns. That raises him to batting .200. My votes not off him, because I want him to answer my new questions. When he does, that will most likely bump him up to .250 (the fuzzy townie read is still kinda negative in my mind). At that point there are people under .250 I want to look at and he is not worth my vote anymore.
I don't like this play from MM at all. First off, I'm getting a town read from Scien at this point. Secondly, his is the only post in between the first quoted post from MM and the second. This is pretty much a scumslip in my eyes. Going to go back now and take a nice long look at MM. Before you go saying, "what, are we not aloud to change our minds" or some other similar post, note that I already explained why this wouldn't be ok (it's too quick in case you missed my above points). The other reason this wouldn't be ok, is because you didn't explain at all why you had such the sudden change of heart. Going from full throttle lynch someone to maybe they are town so quick just reeks of scum.

Also note: You say there is a possible scien/raivann team in one post then take Scien's explanation at face value the next? I don't even need to go back on you in order to
VOTE: MonkeyMan
....I am still going to though. :lol:
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (isolation #7) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:59 pm

Post by Chinaman »

ZEEnon wrote:It seems my overview is taking longer than expected. I'll attempt to have it ready for tomorrow.

I took out the color for your viewing pleasure
Also, I don't like ZEE's lurking. Above is his last post posted on the 27th of Sept. I didn't care much for his posting to begin with (whether is was color or a scummy feeling I got from him I can't remember).
FoS: Zeenon

Going to do a re-read of him as well.
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (isolation #8) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:37 pm

Post by Chinaman »

I would like you to explain how you can say "I'm questioning the logic here, and the possibility of a Raivann/Scien scum team. " then suddenly Scien (someone you just got done calling scum-mate with Raivann) makes some "good points" and all a sudden....

I think it's scummy. Hence my post. And I already told you that a simple post like the one you just posted was not gonna be a good enough explanation for me. Seriously...read the end of my post...I'll even re-post it for you.
I wrote: Before you go saying, "what, are we not aloud to change our minds"
or some other similar post
, note that I already explained why this wouldn't be ok (it's too quick in case you missed my above points).
It's not adding up. I don't see how you say there's a possible team then take one of the persons on that team's post and say it had good points. If you thought there was a possible team, why would you even consider one of those people on that team that their post would be good advise or points? Shouldn't you take it with a large grain of salt? You would if you were town.
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #289 (isolation #9) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:38 pm

Post by Chinaman »

Oh, and I now realize there is some pretty bad grammar in the above post. Sorry all, but I think it's understandable. If not, I'll try and make it clear.
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (isolation #10) » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:15 pm

Post by Chinaman »

Wow, I can honestly say I wasn't expecting a Modkill. I can also honestly say that I am buying into a town being swayed by a post and maybe just coming on too strong at the beginning...thing. Right now, since Raivann flipped scum, I will
UNVOTE
due to my main suspicion being surrounded around Raivann/MM connections. It originally seemed like an MM going after largest wagon then backtracking once wagon died down a bit.

Look forward to your post on why Scien is scum. I have a stronger town read on him than scum right now.
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (isolation #11) » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:14 pm

Post by Chinaman »

I explained this already. It wasn't where your vote was but the differences of attitude toward him between the 2 posts you made. I unvoted you now that Raivann flipped scum. Calm down. My argument on you died with Raivann.
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (isolation #12) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:02 pm

Post by Chinaman »

I R Here. d3x just returned from V/LA. Cruelty is here. That's all I got :D
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (isolation #13) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:14 pm

Post by Chinaman »

I don't really have anything right now either. Waiting on Zee and d3x to post.
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (isolation #14) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:39 am

Post by Chinaman »

Seems as though this game has gotten a little stagnant. Those voting Zee, what are you reasons? What is your case on him. I will go back through and review my case of MM as you are doing that. We need to continue on without ZEE. Waiting on him to post content can only hurt town w/e his alignment. (plus it's really effing boring :wink: )

Jason, your last post just struck me as sorta odd. I'll quote it
Jason wrote: Didnt expect Modkill... but at least one scum is down.

I actually agree with Fuzzy here as I have experienced many times that the first one to point out or make the case is usually a scum partner trying to score town points when it comes to a lynch.

I am also interested in the 'town read on Fuzzy' more than anything now.. it presents an interesting set of scenarios.

Was Rai trying to cosy up to Fuzzy? as Ria as scum would have already known that Fuzzy was town given scum get told their partners in their PM

or

Did he know Fuzzy was his scum partner and trying to send us of the scent on any future lynches because scum had a town read on someone?

I have played with scum Fuzzy, though not town fuzzy, and not sure that what I have to go is of any use but I know scum fuzzy was alot more active and productive. Given he has only made 9 posts here.
It bothers me because you didn't actually accomplish anything with it other than "hooray, scum down". I mean, you give us that you agree it could be a bus, but you don't say you think it is or isn't one. You are "interested" in something, but don't have any specific questions about it. You follow that up with WIFOM, and end with telling us that you have played with scum Fuzzy, but there isn't enough to go on for it to be of any use.

So all in all, nothing productive that I can see. That was 3 days ago. Can you let us know what you are thinking now? Get this game going again.

Another thing that struck me odd as I was ISO'ing Jason, was this
d3x wrote:Mod- Has hero responded to his prod? Also, jason said he'd be back by yesterday morning. Can we get a prod on him, please?

@all- I'll hopefully be able to post more on pertinent discussion later this afternoon. I'm still confident with my read/Vote on Raivann.
Yet he was back 2 days ago and hasn't said anything besides he's back. Why were you so quick to ask for a prod on Jason the next day after he was to be back, yet you yourself have posted nothing of merit since your return 2 days ago? Are you caught up in this game?
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #374 (isolation #15) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:23 pm

Post by Chinaman »

I'll go ahead and assume that the last part of your post was a question toward me Dizzle. I unvoted after Raivann was Modkilled. First of all, it kinda set a new tone for the game and had more info. Secondly, I was drawing a connection with MM and Raivann and that needed to be re-evaluated after the flip of scum. I was/am just gathering more info. Didn't see a need for my vote to remain where it was after we had a flip. That's pretty big additional info to take in and evaluate. I will say that MM is by no means close to a town read for me, but I personally don't have enough on him to cast my vote on him again yet. You all are making some good points though.

As I stand right now though, I'm re-reading the game with the knowledge that Raivann is scum. Seeing if anyone besides MM stands out to me as possible scum and going from there. Will post my thoughts on the re-read once they are gathered.
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #375 (isolation #16) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:25 pm

Post by Chinaman »

MOD: I believe I should be in the "not voting" category as per p303.
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #378 (isolation #17) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:56 pm

Post by Chinaman »

At first I said, "wow, MM has a good point here"....then I read an ISO on Cruelty to see where he was "so convinced" that MM is scum....I'm not finding it.

@cruelty: I will say this, MM had sorta a good point. Why would you be ok with a ZEE lynch when your vote is on MM. Basically, why are you voting MM if you are fine with lynching ZEE...whom MM is voting for. Are you voting for MM for any other reason besides suspecting him as scum?
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #409 (isolation #18) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:22 pm

Post by Chinaman »

Cruelty: Your response with the whole lurker vs. MM is understandable. I will however disagree with you when you said MM hasn't made any scumslips that are obvious and undeniable. I will explain below.

OK, so nobody except MM actually posted about ZEE's ISO on known scum. This is curious to me but doesn't mean anything yet. Cruelty, you obviously read ZEE's second post thus I'm assuming you read his first (the ISO). Why did you choose not to comment on any of the meat and only comment on the fat so to speak (ZEE's second post). I read both and decided that the second post was more of a rant than anything to take into consideration. It's actually something I could see myself posting out of emotion or annoyance. Although I may not be fully behind ZEE's posts, I will say that I see what he was trying to point at most of all. The game was practically dead. Everyone, including myself, seemed as though we would rather wait for a substantial post from ZEE than come up with one on our own. Not pointing any fingers as I was there as well, but truth be told, the game was slow, and now has picked up thus validating his point in his second post imo.

ZEE: I will agree with cruelty however that you (ZEE) did not really address the questions put out to you which is what I think more people were waiting for than your actual ISO and scumhunt. I personally want both and I will say that some of your points in ISO are something to think about.

MM: Cruelty is entirely right in the fact it is not crazy scummy to be suspicious of you and someone you are suspicious of. I hadn't really thought too much about what other roles might be out there, but if he is taking that into consideration, his suspicion of you and someone you are suspicious of makes sense if there are other non-town roles. Would you agree? Also, you unvote and FoS: Scien. I'm assuming this is mainly due to ZEE's ISO post. Then you later Vote him. Here's my problem with this....you unvoted ZEE and then picked up his top suspect on one post from him. He didn't answer any questions you and others had for him, but you unvote him based on his scumhunt? What if you were right and he was scum?! Would anything in his ISO be worth a dump in the toilet? Anything at all? It doesn't sit right with me. It's opportunistic to switch back and forth so freely. Also, the fact that he put you at the top of his town list makes it look a little like buddying to me. He's the only one who's said your actions are towny, and tbh, I can't tell where he's getting it from. Let's look at what has stood out about you as I see it:

1. You constantly say the things you are doing are Pro-town or help town or whatever. This is scummy because you wanting to point out that what you are doing is pro-town makes it seem like you don't really buy into what you are doing. Actions should speak for themselves, even if not everyone thinks the actions are as towny as you may think they are.

2. You are dead set in making sure we know you were suspicious and on the wagon of known scum. We know that already, and pointing it out in multiple posts seems scummy.

3. You are dead set on ZEE as it seems like most people were, he posts and ISO on someone and BAM, all a sudden what ZEE is posting must be true? On top of it all, you then try and use ZEE opinion of you to try and defend yourself. Seriously, cuz ZEE says your town you must be town? Did you really think so much time has passed by that we had forgotten that ZEE was suspect and still is?

4. The whole you and manz at the beginning of the game looks bad on you now. He asks why it mattered what roles were out there and instead of simply telling him why you thought it mattered, you blew up and voted for him? It seems now that I am viewing you as scum, your actions here look more like jumping on the first opportunity you could see to start a mislynch. TBH, even though it was the beginning of the game, reading enough into a question to actually accuse someone of being scum looks bad. Also, I got the feeling that your unvote came from seeing nobody back you up. Had there been more votes on Manz, I wonder if you still would have unvoted.

MM wrote:Well, maybe Raivann should be the one to lay out the argument for Manz instead of me, then. I think I've already explained it enough, and there is some reasonable concern as to Raivann's understanding of it.
This now has meaning where I didn't really understand why you posted it before. I can see this as a cry for help from a scumbuddy. Like "hey, back me up here." Not saying it is or isn't but looking at your posts with scum goggles on, it sure looks that way.

6. Uhg, I did an ISO on you and was going to post here all the times you flip flopped your opinion but to be honest, that would take too much time. It's like you go balls to the wall on someone, then 'oh, well, maybe not, too hard to tell', then back to balls to the wall on someone else, then back up again, then again and again..../sigh. I didn't even get to the modkill of Raivann to know you did it too many times for my liking.

7. Another thing I picked up in the ISO that I had forgotten was when you started on the Raivann/Scien team. You said this long before ZEE's post. With ZEE pointing his finger at Scien as his top suspect, it makes a little more scum-sense as to why you flip-flopped back over to Scien.

Due to these things, I have to
Vote: MonkeyMan

Please address my points and tell me how these actions are coming from someone town. Put a town spin on them instead of a scum one if you will. Should be easy for you since you're claiming to practically bleed town.

-----------------------
MOD
: sorry I didn't get this post in before your vote count post... :oops:
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #411 (isolation #19) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:04 pm

Post by Chinaman »

Sarcasm is a tool and one I use. Deal with it. Why wouldn't you take someone accusing you of being scum seriously? I happen to believe there is plenty of substance to my arguments and after that last post, I think you have only strengthened them.

1. I have to disagree. Who's scummier? Scien? Why? Cuz Zee said so? If ZEE changed his mind and said you were scummy, would you stay on Scien or find a way to get back on ZEE without it looking like OMGUS? (<--rhetorical questions)

2. Being on a wagon of scum does not make you town. Period. ESPECIALLY since we didn't get to see how it would have panned out due to him being modkilled and not lynched. Who knows, you could have easily flip flopped again.

3. What? I don't even get this. Everyone's suspect, but when you go after someone it's balls to the wall. I would hope nobody would rule me out. That's buddying and scummy. Only scum have info on what side others are on. I don't even get where the second part of that came from......how would you even be able to accuse me of that? Because I go out of my way to say "hey, look at all the town things I'm doing" as I do them?? No wait, that's you.

4. wow....did I ever once say anything close to being against "scum rolefishing"? First of all, I'm not sure that town can actually tell the difference between standard rolefishing or "scum rolefishing". In fact, I'm at a loss on what the difference is or even how to go about fishing for scum roles. Aside from that, the point you are missing is that Manz never said this either. He asked you a question. YOU are the one calling it "against scum rolefishing". EITHER WAY THOUGH, my point was you being opportunistic about jumping on someone....not for what the argument was about.

5. Obviously it was not as clear as you think since that's not how I saw it.

6. When did I defend Scien? Did I do it in your mind? If you close your eyes really tight and hope it's true, does it then become true? Cuz if when I read my posts and if I read them correctly, I am accusing you, not defending anyone.

In the future, please do not make things up. How do you know my argument is hindered by sarcasm? Is it because I didn't get you to vote for yourself?
------------------------------------
Overall, I think your response to my points to be erratic and emotional. You're only digging a bigger whole when you post like that.
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #414 (isolation #20) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:59 am

Post by Chinaman »

ZEE: So you don't agree with any of my points on MM? In fact, it looks like you completely and utterly disagree with them since MM is your top townie still. I guess I should ask if you are current on the game or not first. Are you current?
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #417 (isolation #21) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:21 am

Post by Chinaman »

Well, time and other posters will tell.
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #432 (isolation #22) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:10 pm

Post by Chinaman »

Amished wrote:Clearly, Scien is scum; Chinaman is almost certainly scum as well.
Interesting. Now some thoughts behind why you think I'm "almost certainly scum" would be helpful. How am I not town in my argument with MM? Because I voted for someone you think is town? You think MM is town because...you played with him before? Can we get a link if you are bringing Meta into this? Can you post some quotes as to where you think Scien's scumtells are, as well as his connection with Raiv (from your point of view)? To me it sounds like you are clearing MM because you have a background with him in other games. Some of us don't have that background knowledge and are basing our votes and cases on him from his posts in this game. Please share.

Also, what great work is ZEEnon doing? How is it that he's not in the clear for many others but you seem to have cleared him already? Your posts has the hint of having more information than the rest of us. Please share WHERE you are getting your thoughts and not just that you have them. You're coming in on a fresh slate here, so there is nothing from who you replaced to gauge where you are at on the town/scum spectrum.

See, you come in, tell people that they aren't doing certain things or doing scummy things yet don't explain it. Is that a trait of someone playing town? Maybe I'm jumping the gun here and you were planning on doing so anyway, but you shouldn't go around pointing fingers without reasons behind the pointing.
--------------------------------------------
Also, and this may be something that I just missed as a commonly known rule, but I thought we only had one scum left. It doesn't say on page one how many anti-town roles to town-roles there are, so if there are 2 scum left, how do you know? I'm kinda a newb (one completed game) so if I'm missing something here, let me know please.
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #436 (isolation #23) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:19 pm

Post by Chinaman »

Uhg. I don't like this comment from Fuzzy. Why is it Scien voters vs. MM voters already? NOBODY is in the clear. EVERYONE is still a suspect. Raivann got Modkilled, not lynched, and we are still in D1.
------------------------
Prolly should have asked this to MOD anyway.
MOD: is the anti-town roles vs. town roles hidden for a reason or is it common knowledge somewhere that if you have 9 player it equals 2 scum, 12 player equals 3 scum, etc?
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #437 (isolation #24) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:20 pm

Post by Chinaman »

ZEE asks Amished to wait Fuzzy, not to not give his reasons at all. I'm guessing it's so they are ZEE's thoughts and he wouldn't be accused of getting some from Amished.

That's why he is saying you changed what he wrote. Let's avoid this semantics battle please.
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #439 (isolation #25) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:21 pm

Post by Chinaman »

BAM! I ninja'ed you!
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #457 (isolation #26) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:02 am

Post by Chinaman »

Well, I don't have a whole lot of time, so I'm not going to address the above post about me yet. Haven't actually read it yet. Anyway, I don't know who my 2nd suspect would be here. I was honestly under the impression that there were 2 scum as that is my experience. This is my first mini. Anyway, I will have to get back to you on that. Well, that's all I got for now. Look forward to your read of me.
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #463 (isolation #27) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:42 pm

Post by Chinaman »

MonkeyMan576 wrote:
Chinaman wrote:Well, I don't have a whole lot of time, so I'm not going to address the above post about me yet. Haven't actually read it yet. Anyway, I don't know who my 2nd suspect would be here.
I was honestly under the impression that there were 2 scum as that is my experience.
This is my first mini. Anyway, I will have to get back to you on that. Well, that's all I got for now. Look forward to your read of me.
I was under the impression that there are usually 3 scum to 9 town. There are exceptions, but Chinaman "assuming" 2 scum leads me to wonder if he knows the makeup of the mafia. Even if it's his "first mini", scum to town ratio is basic mafia theory.
Haven't got around to reading Amishes long post about me but I will and will respond. I just had to get this out real quickly. MM, are you saying my inexperience or lack of knowledge about "basic mafia theory" is a scum tell for you? I have one completed game if you look at it was a newbie game which had 2 scum. I don't know any mafia theory. I don't care to look it up either since A: it's theory, and B: I don't have the time. I look it up as it comes up in games...things like WIFOM, OMGUS, etc. I would assume most people would think those are basic as well, but when they first came up, I had no clue.
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #470 (isolation #28) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:56 pm

Post by Chinaman »

Alright, wife's in bed and I am caught up in other games. Reading now. Next post will prolly be mostly toward Amished. Deadline is tomorrow and of course, I have to work tomorrow night, so most my thoughts tonight will prolly stay till deadline. I will however attempt to get on and at least read up between now and then.
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #475 (isolation #29) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:55 pm

Post by Chinaman »

Ok, so, just got done with Amished's (holy crap, don't try and say that out loud, it hurts) p449 (his case on Scien). First let me say that the post from Scien above could not have come at worse time for him. It has been stated numerous times that deadline is in fact tomorrow. No defense or even an understanding that he has seen he is even under fire here. Add in the fact that I had just finished Amish's (much better) post...

Anyway, so Amished, when I started reading your post, I started with a mindset that you may be scum with MM. I had thought about who the 3rd person in the scum-bunch would be (now that it has been brought to my attention as a possibility and even a probability according to you) and had read enough to know that you thought I was scummy and that you thought MM was town. Since MM is/maybe was, my top suspect, I thought you could be his scum buddy coming to his defense. Similar to some of your points about Raivann and Scien actually. So anyway, I started out reading it as though it was scum writing it. I actually couldn't finish it that way. There is logic and the points are solid. There is a little bit of WIFOM in there, but all in all, I can't say that I could fully disagree with any of the points. There is actually many small things that I had overlooked that you brought out. All in all, it is going to make me look back at my case on MM to see if the case on Scien is stronger from my point of view.

-------------------------------------

MM:
MM wrote:You assuming two scum, rather than admitting ignorance,
wft? Here is what I have posted reguarding this subject. Point out where exactly I am not trying to get an honest answer and am somehow using this from a scum point of view. Also, do you realize that I am the one that brought it up in the first place? If it was me with insider info, wouldn't I already effing know?! I don't see why you are trying to make a scumtell out of a question! Anyway, what I said
Also, and this may be something that I just missed as a commonly known rule, but I thought we only had one scum left. It doesn't say on page one how many anti-town roles to town-roles there are, so if there are 2 scum left, how do you know? I'm kinda a newb (one completed game) so if I'm missing something here, let me know please.
No response from players then..
Prolly should have asked this to MOD anyway.
MOD: is the anti-town roles vs. town roles hidden for a reason or is it common knowledge somewhere that if you have 9 player it equals 2 scum, 12 player equals 3 scum, etc?
Then mod answers then you start in on this with
MM wrote:I was under the impression that there are usually 3 scum to 9 town. There are exceptions, but Chinaman "assuming" 2 scum leads me to wonder if he knows the makeup of the mafia. Even if it's his "first mini", scum to town ratio is basic mafia theory.
Totally ignoring many posts in between my answer from the Mod and you posting the above. In fact there were some pretty meaty posts from Zee and Amished in there. I would at least think you would want to comment on them. Why did you skip them to attack something that was already addressed by the Mod and Amished?

--------------------------

Now onto Amish's case on me. Should be fun.
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #481 (isolation #30) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:59 pm

Post by Chinaman »

Amished wrote:(First off, I love pre-game, it's so boring that I can do this while having that on in the background. Secondly, I apologize for the triple post, but this is something that I promised I would post.)

Ok, so in my notes, my points against China are thus: Post 181/191, 215, 285 and 288. I also have to lol at his attempts in 336 and 374. All bolding will be mine.
Chinaman in 181 wrote:
So far I have a pretty much null read on everyone. I honestly believe that the argument between MM and Manz was town vs town.
I got the feeling there were exaggerations in both arguments and it is my opinion that scum would tend to avoid a huge confrontation like that at the very beginning of a game. I of course could be totally wrong here, but if either one were scum, they put themselves in the spotlight far too much with their back and forth.
What I will be doing when I go back through is looking for those who tried to fuel the fire without jumping in too hard themselves.
Anyway, that's all I got thus far and I hope to catch up soon.
and then compare that sentiment to this:
Chinaman wrote:
Anyway, like I said, I made it through and am pretty much current. Not being involved in the first 7 pages of discussion, it's hard to get as good a read on anyone as of yet. I am going to re-read, and come back with some questions and comments.
My predecessor made one post and that was an RVS vote on the now current bandwagon. I do not yet know how I feel about him, but I have read some good points made by you all about some scummy things he's doing. In my first read through, I had to agree with most of the points on him, but as I haven't had a chance to ask him any questions or come up with a solid argument for why I am on the wagon, I must UNVOTE till I feel that the vote on him is from me and not left over from Sweep.
First off, with so many people saying that MMan vs. Manz/Skruffs is town vs. town, I'm 95% certain that it is, and scum are playing the angle of townies that feel confident that their town reads are correct. This is a major point that I feel makes MMan more clear than anything else I have that can point to, other than I understand where he's coming from had I been in his position. I wouldn't have said some of the things he's said, but as I can see his point of view, I'm more confident that he's town as well.

Second point: Skruffs pointed out that Scien was trying to fuel the flames (which I found particularly poignant in this case) and China didn't see that Scien was doing exactly what China said he was going to look for. No town motivation for this, and in the space of 10 posts (an hour and a half) it's highly unlikely that his mind would've changed that quickly about what he was going to look for. This alone is enough for me to vote for both of them.
------------------------------------------------
Tbh, at this point, I thought that scien was trying to say that this fight was town vs town, which at the time I agreed with. I thought that he wasn't taking sides due to that reason. I didn't see him as fueling the fire more so that he was trying to get each of the parties to think about what they were saying to each other. I can see the fuel the fire point now after reading your case on Scien and agreeing with most of it. If you look at scien in a scum light, it looks now like that is exactly what he was doing. Other than that, nothing stood out to me during that back and forth between Manz and MM except that I, unlike you, could see more from where Manz was coming from. I added this to my case on MM because at that point, I was viewing MM through scum goggles.

--------------------------------------------------
Moving on
Chinaman in 215 wrote:
MM wrote:I've already explained I want my vote to be on the record, I'm guessing scum on Raivann at this point and to not vote would be anti-town. I think there's a good chance Raivann could eventually be lynched and I'd rather vote now than give scum the opportunity to vote at L-1. If people have a problem with my vote, I'll unvote if they are worried about a scum lynch.
So does that mean if a scum gets lynched and there are 3 people on on the wagon, are those 3 people your next top suspects since them not being on the wagon is "anti-town"?
Also, I don't like that you are worried about what other people think of your vote. It's not the vote people were attacking...it's you basically holding up a big neon sign saying "Hey guys, for the record, I voted for scum!!" That's what is bothering people including myself. The fact that you want to "make others happy" by removing your vote if they say to do so also bothers me. If you think he's scum, who cares what others think about your vote? It's supposed to be your opinion. If it bites you in the ass later, well, it bites you in the ass. Only scum truely care about how they look in others eyes. Town care about finding and lynching scum. So yeah, the above questions to be answered please.
Epic strawman. EPIC.
-------------------------------------------
I see your point on the strawman, but I was actually looking for an answer to his gameplay. If Raivann would have been lynched instead of Modkilled, I wouldn't necessarily think looking at those not on the wagon first would be a bad thing. In fact, in light of there being a possibility of 2 more scum, I would say odds are that if there were scum on Raivann's wagon, there would only be one and not both so looking into those not on the wagon would be a good start. At any rate, that wasn't the main reason for the post, it was the big ole neon flashing sign he put with his vote that bugged me.

--------------------------------------------
Chinaman in 285 wrote:
MM wrote:I appreciate Scien giving Raivann a chance, but he's agreeing with some stuff that is clearly scummy. Saying that the Manzcar discussion was "boring", possibly trying to derail the Wagon with a Zeenon wagon, giving Raivann "town points" for defending himself better, when he is clearly still behind on town points overall. It's like saying someone is a good baseball player for batting .240, because he was batting .180 before. I'm questioning the logic here, and the possibility of a Raivann/Scien scum team.
His VERY NEXT post
MM wrote:Well, I'm still suspicious of the buddying, although I agree Raivann might be bad town rather than scum. It's hard to tell at this point.
Talk about your flip-flop! That sounds like scum trying to cover their mislynching azz.
Or am I just crazy? Hell, the only post in between those two post was from Scien.
Scien wrote: (quote snipped)
I don't like this play from MM at all. First off, I'm getting a town read from Scien at this point. Secondly, his is the only post in between the first quoted post from MM and the second. This is pretty much a scumslip in my eyes. Going to go back now and take a nice long look at MM. Before you go saying, "what, are we not aloud to change our minds" or some other similar post, note that
I already explained why this wouldn't be ok (it's too quick in case you missed my above points). The other reason this wouldn't be ok, is because you didn't explain at all why you had such the sudden change of heart. Going from full throttle lynch someone to maybe they are town so quick just reeks of scum.

Also note: You say there is a possible scien/raivann team in one post then take Scien's explanation at face value the next? I don't even need to go back on you in order to VOTE: MonkeyMan....I am still going to though. :lol:
First, it's necessary to understand the circumstances around these posts. Scien was slowly trying to turn the tide against Raiv, and was moderately successful before the modkill (which I would've thought would end the day, but this works better for me); but to do so, there had to be an alternate wagon for people to look at. Here comes China!

Ok, first bolded: Clearly that was not the case, and the extreme way that it was phrased is a clear appeal to fear (of mislynching). With China most likely feeling that MMan could compete with (and overtake) Raiv with his "case" against MMan; he could get MMan lynched, coach Raiv so as not to get lynched during the night, and never know about a mislynch.

Second bolded: Every scummer has had doubts at some point during their career about a lynch. I've been confident and they turn up town, confident and they turn up scum, very unsure and they turn up scum, unsure with town, and fully against both town and scum wagons. Second guessing yourself, especially in the venue of forum mafia is 100% natural. MMan keeping his vote on Raiv while examining his reasons for it is 100% natural, and something I can definitely see coming from town rather than scum. In this case, I would expect scum to *either* push more on a Raiv lynch and then later claim to be a big proponent of the lynch, or distance mightily and go under the guise of trying not to tunnel on the #1 scumspect (even though China is tunneling on MMan).
-------------------------------------------------
First off, I WAS afraid of a mislynch. MM was my top suspect and he was on raivann. I didn't necessarily think Raivann was very town either, but at the time, I was on MM as being scum. Should I not be afraid of a mislynch if my number one suspect is going after someone with a wagon? Also, I may have jumped on the little things, but as a good friend once said, the devil's in the details. I may have come on too harsh, but by that point, I was convinced MM was scummy. All I really wanted was why the quick change of heart. Looking back now, I see he answered it but....I will admit that by this time, I had tunnel vision on MM. I didn't like many of his posts that would have made me think town except that he felt the need to point out that his actions were being very town.

At the end of this section, you say scum would either do one thing, or something completely different. What do you think a town person would do here?

---------------------------------------------------
Chinaman wrote:I would like you to explain how you can say "I'm questioning the logic here, and the possibility of a Raivann/Scien scum team. " then suddenly Scien (someone you just got done calling scum-mate with Raivann) makes some "good points" and all a sudden....

I think it's scummy. Hence my post. And I already told you that a simple post like the one you just posted was not gonna be a good enough explanation for me. Seriously...read the end of my post...I'll even re-post it for you.
I wrote: Before you go saying, "what, are we not aloud to change our minds"
or some other similar post
, note that I already explained why this wouldn't be ok (it's too quick in case you missed my above points).
It's not adding up. I don't see how you say there's a possible team then take one of the persons on that team's post and say it had good points. If you thought there was a possible team, why would you even consider one of those people on that team that their post would be good advise or points? Shouldn't you take it with a large grain of salt? You would if you were town.
While you may never listen to those you suspect (since apparently you're never wrong?) there's plenty of town motivation to try to allow people you're suspicious of to clear themselves or dig themselves a bigger hole. Why else do suspects change from day to day? Cause *townies* often look at different things, and gauge how scummy those actions look. If nobody was willing to change their mind, how many lynches do you really think would occur? You pressing this obviously scummy outlook is another rather clear sign that you're scum as well.
---------------------------
Good point here. This is again possibly being due to my tunnel vision. Although I don't believe it's as obviously scummy as you do. If anything, either side can tunnel. I would assume that scum would want to do it less so that they have options available to them to switch to the biggest wagon. When you tunnel someone, it's hard to come back and say you changed your mind. You must have a better reason for changing it than if you were to play less tunnely. This is actually part of my current problem. Your post about Scien is very convincing, but I have obviously been very much of the opinion that MM is scummy. I now have to weigh the arguments and see which makes the most sense for D1 lynch.

---------------------------------------------
Ok, on to what I had to lol at. 322 (where cruelty and MMan start to go after "lurkers are anti-town, what is prodding lurkers then?") has MMan saying that prodding lurkers is pro-town. in 336 China goes off and pokes d3x and Jason for lurking as well. I view this as a bad attempt to do something that at the very least a null-tell (according to cruel) all the way to pro-town (according to MMan).

Normally, I would've let this go, but china's post 374 shows a pattern for me. Skruffs in 364 (same page, page 15) says that the flip should be huge for everybody, to go back and look for connections because that's what somebody pro-town would do (essentially). 374 has China going back to do exactly that; in what I would classify as a blatant attempt to look good in the players of a pro-town player.
--------------------
Ok, first off, I don't like the idea of you sitting back and laughing at me (or my posts). So if you could leave it to 'I thought this funny', or 'this struck me as peculiar', I would be much obliged. Now, I will have to say these two paragraphs make the least sense. From what I can gather, you are saying that because I did something "townie", but did it after someone else said it was "townie", it's scummy? Not to be rude, but should I have added in my post that what I was doing was townie like MM has done?
Also, this is not a pattern for many reasons. First of all, you would have to go back and look at everything everyone has said is a pro-town move and see if I then afterward tried to emulate it. Secondly, it is 2 instances where I have done something townie....2 townies don't make a scummy. I don't think this is valid in any case (especially one on me). But that's my opinion.

-------------------------------------------
Finally:
Chinaman in 409 wrote:MM: Cruelty is entirely right in the fact it is not crazy scummy to be suspicious of you and someone you are suspicious of. I hadn't really thought too much about what other roles might be out there, but if he is taking that into consideration, his suspicion of you and someone you are suspicious of makes sense if there are other non-town roles. Would you agree? Also, you unvote and FoS: Scien. I'm assuming this is mainly due to ZEE's ISO post. Then you later Vote him. Here's my problem with this....
you unvoted ZEE and then picked up his top suspect on one post from him. He didn't answer any questions you and others had for him, but you unvote him based on his scumhunt? What if you were right and he was scum?! Would anything in his ISO be worth a dump in the toilet? Anything at all? It doesn't sit right with me.
It's opportunistic to switch back and forth so freely. Also, the fact that he put you at the top of his town list makes it look a little like buddying to me. He's the only one who's said your actions are towny, and tbh, I can't tell where he's getting it from. Let's look at what has stood out about you as I see it:
This section bothers me the most. MMan voted for ZEEnon for *lurking*. ZEE explained that he didn't have access, and would post. That was the point of MMan's vote. With his stance that lurkers are scummy/anti-town; this makes perfect sense for him to vote for a lurker, and retract this after said person promises to post. It's not about suspicion, and your characterization of it as such is rather blatant scum. Also, with Skruffs post (and your 374 that I had to lol at); you have direct evidence from *this game* that a scum flip can cause plenty of connections, but (and I might not see it here) China didn't even try to explain how Raiv's actions tie into MMan. Then you say that a scum flip says nothing about the rest of the game? Bull****. You're scum, as well as Scien, and this post has probably 5x more than needed for me to vote you instantly too.
Some things I think you are missing:
MM wrote:If you're so convinced I'm scum wouldn't you be against the lynch I am for?
MM wrote:That's rather convenient that you can say that you are suspicious of Zeenon's lurking and me. They seem to be rather mutually exclusive at this point, as by saying you are suspicious of Zeenon, you are supporting the wagon I am on.
These were his last 2 posts (talking with cruelty). This, to me, doesn't suggest that MM was just voting for ZEE to make him stop lurking. His actual unvoted didn't happen till after ZEE's large post. Thus, I don't think me being suspicious of a quick turn around from MM to be misrepresentation. Not at the time at least. I do however see your view of his actions here.

Now the second part of that where I supposedly said that a flip says nothing about the rest of the game? Where did that come from?

After actually going through this post, I went back and read my notes on MM. I can see some points being taken out after reading Scien's case and then going through why you think I'm scum. Not all the points are gone on MM and I certainly don't see him as townie as you do, but I do think that Scien's case is stronger. One thing I don't like about me changing top suspects here is that it is really close to deadline and most of the logical thoughts about MM's play have not come from MM but from you instead. I would have liked MM to come up with his own defense to have me change my top suspect, but I just got done defending myself in another game where everything I seem to say, someone can twist into something scummy. So today, since I think Scien's case is stronger than my own case on MM, I have to Unvote and go with the best case and not the best wagon. Again, MM is not off the hook by any means in my book.

Unvote

I will try my hardest to get on here before deadline tomorrow to read up on any defense or additional points on cases before lynch, but I can't promise anything. Scien's case is stronger at this time though. I do however promise to cast my vote before deadline. Right now I'm torn. Would like to see more discussion.
-------------------------------------
MM: you posted while I was writing this. You said "I didn't see where the mod had said for sure if there was two or three scum, and I in fact doubt he did." I did not say the Mod answered the question in definitive terms, I said he answered the question. A: I'm surprised you didn't see it since it was a seperate post by him. B: Since you decided not to look for it before you posted, I'll put it here for you
The Mod wrote:Officially, hidden for a reason. Ask me that again post-game.
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #482 (isolation #31) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:12 pm

Post by Chinaman »

@Amished: You asked those of us on MM's wagon to give you thoughts on your defense of MM. First off, why do you feel the need to defend MM? Secondly, I felt overall that the post was almost more of a pre-case on cruelty than a defense of MM. Thirdly I don't see why some of your points would make someone more town. If anything pointing them out is a null tell as anyone could google a list of pro-town mafia-scum tells and list them as the opportunity arises. Things like:

-MMan's post in 320 (bottom of page 13) where he stated that bringing out lurkers is pro-town; personally I agree with him.

-325: MMan points out that he feels having your vote on somebody is better than withholding your vote if you think somebody is scummy, and I would have to agree with him.

Also, you didn't address some of my main concerns with MM. Things like him putting tags on his posts saying what he is doing it a pro-town action. Also, your second post in game was "Heh, thinking back, I've seen all three as scum, Monkey twice as scum. Good deal. Page 8". This was referring to you looking at the top suspects only due to just joining the game and being close to deadline. Did the few things you posted in MM's defense take away the initial read you had on MM?

I addressed my thoughts on your scien case.
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #487 (isolation #32) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:27 am

Post by Chinaman »

To your third point in your opening paragraph (don't see why it's pro-town): Ignore him pointing it out. Town can do it too. I feel it's bad play on both sides, but it's irrelevant. You see the actions as pro-town, so they should be, right? You said that him stating it is a null-tell, why wouldn't they be pro-town for you?
Uhg, I'm really starting to hate agreeing with you. You pretty much took my case on MM and crushed most of it. I see your logic here. I don't wanna totally throw out the idea of scum trying to say look at me, but at the same WIFOM time, why would scum do that?..../sigh. Either way, if Scien is lynched and flips scum or town, I'll have a better read on MM.
Before I completed my readthrough, I wanted everyone to know that I've seen Scien as scum, Monkeyman as scum twice. I pegged them in all three of those situations, so I kinda know how they play (doubly so MMan) as scum. When I didn't see his scumslips that have trapped him before, there were two possiblities: either he smarted up as scum, or he's town. As I could see where he was coming from (especially with the very early looking for scum roles.)
Ahhh, I see now. Thought you were talking about your review up to page 8 not previous games. Makes sense.

Definitely with you on a no-lynch is bad. I wanted to give Scien a chance before voting for him for 2 reasons. One, it's your case and though I can definitely see where you are coming from and agree with most of it, it's still your case not mine. Don't wanna rush into it. Two, as you have said before and I also agree with, giving someone the chance to defend himself is good. I am usually very impatient and trying to not be. To be clear, I have no problem voting for him if he doesn't come back with anything. Just giving him the chance. If for some reason I think I will be out the house before he posts and before deadline, I will vote before I leave. If nothing else, the fact that MM is trying to defend himself (still not very well imho) vs Scien being very active till he gets some pressure makes the Scien lynch make more sense.

I see you point, but it's just not true here. The prodding needed to be done when I did it and the going back as skruffs had suggested was a good idea to do. Prodding should be done by the first person to notice it and if it's a good idea, to ignore it because someone might say you are trying to look town by doing it is a bad idea. Would you agree? Otherwise, you are kinda saying I shouldn't have prodded lurkers or shouldn't have followed a pro-town idea but instead did one or the other. Do you see where I'm coming from here?
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #488 (isolation #33) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:30 am

Post by Chinaman »

Amished, p486.../shakes head....that was just mean.
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #490 (isolation #34) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:31 am

Post by Chinaman »

d3x: I don't think he knows his wagon is just as strong yet.
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #493 (isolation #35) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:33 am

Post by Chinaman »

Also, with that it brings Scien up to 4 votes. If my math serves me, deadline is at 8pm EST correct?
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #496 (isolation #36) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:36 am

Post by Chinaman »

Yeah, 12 hours from 7am game time so....that's 7pm game time which is 8 1/2 hours away.
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #498 (isolation #37) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:45 am

Post by Chinaman »

Sitting on the sidelines as in not voting or sitting on the sidelines not posting? As of this post, only you and me are online right now.
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #502 (isolation #38) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:08 am

Post by Chinaman »

d3x and Amished: does the 'willingness' of self sacrifice mean anything here? Is it a null-tell, scum-tell, or pro-town?
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #509 (isolation #39) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:08 am

Post by Chinaman »

Fuzzy: Was that addressed to Scien?

@all: what are your thoughts about Scien's recent posts? I can personally see them as genuinely trying to help town. That being said, we also don't want a no-lynch scenario here. It seems to me that although Scien stated " I don't really find you scummy I suppose", he keeps bringing ZEE up the most.

Scien, are you suggesting a possible alternate lynch candidate this close to deadline (ZEE) or is it just his posts that stick out to you enough to post on?
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #511 (isolation #40) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:18 am

Post by Chinaman »

Alright Scien, for safety sake as you put it and that although your posts seem genuine, they don't quite answer for much of Amish's case on you.

Vote: Scien

----------------------------------

My thoughts on Scien's recent posts. Could be an AtE. I could see this because I'm doubting myself. There's no real way to know until lynch and flip, but like I said, his posts seem genuine. If he's town and is cool with his lynch enough to hammer, then he is in fact providing information and giving him the ability to self hammer (or someone else if it comes to deadline and he doesn't) seems the safest bet. Like I said, his latest posts seem to point toward ZEE more than anyone, but there's an MM vote in there. All in all, I think Scien's the best candidate for lynch, but I won't be as surprised if he flips town. Basically, it's what's best, but I'm having doubts.

Your turn! :D

Lol, I just previewed like 10 times to make sure there were no ninja's out there.
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #516 (isolation #41) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:52 am

Post by Chinaman »

well, that all makes sense. In light of that, I have a hard time believing that Scien will actually hammer. If he's scum, why would he? That means we need Fuzzy, dizzle, cruelty, skruffs, or jason to hammer.

Fuzzy: Since have posted today, what are your thoughts? Are you for hammering Scien come closer to deadline? How do you feel about the case on him? If you are willing to hammer, how do you feel about it.
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #517 (isolation #42) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:54 am

Post by Chinaman »

Well, folks, that's it for me. Gotta jet and do irl stuffs.
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #526 (isolation #43) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:27 am

Post by Chinaman »

Scien, before I go to bed, may I ask why, if you are town, do you not suspect Amish is scum? I tried to put myself in your shoes and the biggest case on you is coming from him yet you don't suspect him? Do you think he's town that read into another towns actions incorrectly?

Following that, who would you say is scum? With at least 1 possibly 2 out there, you must have your suspicions. If MM is your vote due to a him or me attitude, who would you lynch today if it were up to you and why? This is of course not concrete as if you are town, you don't have any better clue than the rest of us, but it would be more info to go off of. I personally believe scumhunting isn't always done by one person leading the pack but by tossing idea's off one another.

This only matters of course IF you are town.
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #527 (isolation #44) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:29 am

Post by Chinaman »

Alright, Night phase will start by the time I wake up, so that's all from me. Goodluck at night ya'll.
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #670 (isolation #45) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:33 pm

Post by Chinaman »

Amished. What are you getting at here? I guess I'm more confused with the second question. Are you saying to spit it out or are you saying to wait and build a case first?

----------------------------------

Also, before I get into anything else, I'm going to go back and read what I thought about what I missed. I know that Scien turned up town and committed suicide and I know that nobody was NK'ed. Other than that, my last post yesterday is all I know. so yeah, wall probably to ensue.
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #717 (isolation #46) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:36 pm

Post by Chinaman »

Alright, so here goes. Bascially, I know Scien suicided and flipped town. I also know nobody was NK'ed. Although I know this info, I'll try and be as unbiased as possible and give what comes to mind. Also, to avoid a Wall of quotes, I will try and just us post numbers unless I think it's necessary. This is starting back where I left off on page 22.

p532: Scien really starts to go into defense about the case on him here. The points he is making and the way he is saying stuff makes me pause a bit. When I read posts, I like to try and look at it from town POV and then from a scum POV and see which makes the most sense. In this post, I can honestly say it looks like it is coming from a town POV. He makes some good points here.

p533: Fuzzy votes MM. This made me do an ISO on fuzzy as I don't see many large posts from him yet. Found one in ISO. He's kinda all over the place, but I don't think there's enough there to do much with. I can see his posts coming from town about as equally as I can from scum. Null read on him atm.

p538: Amish post on why MM's 'wanting to look town' statements don't make him scum. Makes sense but I am beginning to see why Scien is saying much of the case on him is WIFOM. This post is a prime example of more WIFOM from Amished. It is a valid scenario that makes sense, but it's no where near provable. I initially saw exactly what he was talking about, but then realized it was WIFOM defense of a prime suspect of mine.

p541: Wow. MM should lurk more if he's scum. This post is rediculous (as are many others). Knowing that Scien flips town, here's MM trying to distance himself from the lynch. First by saying he's not too sold, then by saying 'I'm not the one leading the mob here'. At this point I'm wondering why my vote is on someone posting from a more townie POV lately and not on MM. Still vote for Scien at this point, because I believe both are at L-1.

p545: Cruelty pipes in and all I have to say is ditto.

p549: Note some frustration from Scien. Rightfully so, his posts since I had to go had a very townie vibe.

p551: I don't like this answer. It almost bypasses the question. Dizzle was more asking WHY Amished had a town read on MM than anything else. We all know you have a town read on MM at this point by the way you keep defending him on everything. I can't recall where you had even said that you could see why people thought something he did was scummy.

p557 and p559: Have to ditto d3x here. Looks like monkey wants to make sure his avatar is on the page so when scien gets lynched, he was 'around' and 'contributing'.

p561: uh...why?

p560 and 566: I read 560 as Fuzzy asking for an extension not a no lynch. I would have been inclined to agree. It was 22 min to scien suicide but there were clearly many people on and talking. Could have stretched it out at least a 1/2 hour if not up to the wire.

p568: wow, crazy event turnage. Not explained too much though and it's right after he get's brought up. Could be coincidence but could be irl stuff. Anything past that is WIFOM.

p570: This is more BS from MM. There are plenty of players online to ensure a lynch. Also, Scien's vote is on MM and if he failed to vote himself when he said he would, I am quit positive that someone on MM's wagon would vote him for lying. No thought put into this post from MM what-so-ever. In fact, it looks like MM scrambling to make sure scien is lynched over him. MM, once I catch up, my vote is going straight to you barring any crazy info from d2.

p572 and 573: d3x addresses what I just said and MM thinks Scien is lying. What both missed was that there are MM wagoneers who are active at this time and there is an easy way to find out if Scien is lying. At this time I would have unvoted. I would have then asked Scien to vote himself doing 2 things I wish would have been done. One, take the hammer out of scien's hands. Two prolonged his ability to contribute till closer to deadline.

p574: Fuzzy speaks up and proves my point about someone on the MM wagon making sure there is a no lynch. FACT: Scien flipped town thus even if fuzzy was scum, he would have came through on this.

p575: uh...duh...he thinks you're scummier. Seriously, no thinking before posting.(note: not an actual scum post, but more annoying than anything)

p578: Amished seems uneasy about both MM and Scien being at L-1. Quotes his last post where I read that he was leaning MM but wasn't sure. He came in and voted MM to "make it interesting". That's how I read it. Nothing scummy about asking though.

p585: Jason answers amished confirming what I had thought.

p589: MM jumps on behind his protector (amished) and tries to paint something scummy onto dizzle and jason. Because I think MM is scum, I see this as a set up for tomorrow when scien flips town and he knows it. That's largely WIFOM though since it's not provable till we see an MM flip...which I'm all for today.

p590: Well, even if I hadn't seen that Scien flipped town, I knew he would here. There is zero logic in scum self-hammering. Only way is if Scien never wanted to play at this site again. Who would want a scumbuddy that does this? So yeah, at this point everyone knows Scien will flip town.

p591: Zoinks, putting the time frame into context, yeah, that looks bad on Jason...what with Raivann still alive at that point...

p592: yup

p596 and 598: clears it up a tad. still though, either you didn't read much up until you posted (just enough to know it was a race between the 2) or you have been following along for awhile and just didn't feel the need to post until called out. Had you read it all, I think you would have thought more about the case on scien than just voting for MM or coming in and not voting right away.

p597: lol, i can only guess that this post ended that back and forth between dizzle and amished.

p599: This threw me for a loop. Isn't it much more common for scum to buddy with town? Why would scum buddy with scum? They may agree, but buddying? That links 2 people together pretty well. I bought the coaching bit, but I don't know where this came from. It would have been valid had Raivann flipped town, but not here IMO. Leave your defense to Amished...he's doing a much better job.

p605: oh, brought up here.

p606: This should be OBVIOUS!

p607: The next scum we find may have everything or nothing to do with how Raivann interacted with them. People can do scummy actions all on their own. I also don't think Raivann though he was going to be modkilled so quickly. Is it not possible that he just didn't have time? Let's take you for example, you replaced someone who had zero interactions with Raivann, does that mean you are clear of suspicion? Actually, that needs to be addressed, but not right now.

p610: Another MM post with so many things wrong with it. Amished, assuming you are still on the side that MM is town, I'm going to ISO him and ask you to explain how certain posts of his are town. There is going to be a lot of them, I can assure you.

p619: bullcrap and your question was bullcrap AND answered by d3x.

p620: WHY? Scien's dead! Why would it be dangerous? He is almost certainly flipping town at this point!

p621: At the end of this post is the first (and only) time you ever hint at MM having a remote chance at being scum. Time to start "distancing" yourself as you would say?

p622: HOW?! What information could you garner from people's reactions to how they think Scien will flip at this point? He self-freaking-hammered. Again, if you think there a larger percentage than 1% that he flips scum, you are not thinking clearly (to word it nicely). To think you can gauge someone on that is also not thinking too clearly.

p625: .......I'm going to stop commenting on MM's posts now.......

p627: Dizzle, I have to disagree with you here. It was not important you answer for Jason there. At first I thought you were just butting in, but are you suggesting that you answered the question before Jason did that it was important for you to do so?

p630: I have to get some sleep now so this is where I will leave off for now, but 2 things before I go. One, while I agree there is a strong probability that there is indeed scum on scien's wagon, to say that it's 100% is pretty ballzy. Two, show me where I have buddied you Amished.
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #725 (isolation #47) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:21 am

Post by Chinaman »

Moving on:

p630 cont: Why are you confident that MM and ZEE are town? Because they agree with you on Scien?

p632: Can't wait to see your case on me. Also can't wait to see where you claim I'm buddying you.

p637: Actually, he has no reason to hammer himself if he's scum, let alone lie about his flip. He's hammered at this point and I don't see any reason to do so as scum.
--------------------------New day starts-----------------------------
p665: Monkey's first post. Bam right out the gate with "I have a power role" Can't wait for the info.

p668: Again with the buddying. Where? Also, scummy behavior? Where? I'm sure there is a nice long case on me later, but that's what I'm wondering at this point. Especially since you want everyone else to explain their votes on MM but "buddying" and "scummy behavior" is all you need to vote me?

p669: Just because YOU think their weak doesn't make them weak. Scien had a good point before he died that most your case on him could be brought down to WIFOM (especially now that he flipped town). I agreed with your case on him and it's too bad I wasn't around when things lit up with his responses. I don't think at that time I could have let him not get lynched due to we wouldn't have had proof he'd actually do it, so in the end he had to be hammered, but he was making solid points that are clearly town now that he flipped.

p672: First, this isn't the only game I'm in. Second, I don't live and breath MS and do have a life outside the internet. Third, sorry I don't live on your timeline of when I should and shouldn't do things.

p673: Ok, so MM isn't going to claim Cop

p679: Amished, do you think that you interaction here could be viewed as coaching? It's one of the things you brought up in your case on Scien, I'm not seeing much of a difference in what he did vs what you are doing with MM.

p682: Alright, I now have 2 people saying I was buddying Amish. So that's 2 people that can point to where please.

p684: I read this and thought, ok, that makes sense. But then I added the interaction between you 2 and you basically told him what PR he could claim to be the safest. You also told him in this post, that he could pretty much point to anyone he wanted now. I skimmed ahead to see if he revealed yet, and he hasn't. So it will be interesting who he targets. Between your interaction with MM, your constant defense of him, and your lack of case on me but rather just small comments here and there,
FoS: Amished.
Also, once we get MM's reveal, there will be no way to prove it until his lynch.

p690: Wow, I didn't expect this from MM. I thought for sure he'd be on board with it. ESPECIALLY if Amish'es scenario of what happened at night were true. If MM was a watcher/tracker, why would he ask this question? Wouldn't it make sense to him if he saw someone "visit" Amished at night and amished was still alive? Should be an interesting reveal to say the least.

p711: I do agree with this post.

p718: at the end, you say Raiv's protown list might be his scumbuddies. Is it also a possibility to think Raiv was buddying up to townies? Also, I would point to Scien's post where he was accused of coaching. Raiv pretty much took everyone that didn't attack him and put them on a town list.

p724: Oh, that wasn't my case on MM at all. It was my thoughts as I caught up. I am now caught up. Also, you have missed some direct questions I had for you. As they are all found in 2 posts, please go back and answer them.
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #726 (isolation #48) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:41 am

Post by Chinaman »

Also, I'm surprised you haven't listed your case on me. The post you pointed out as having your thoughts on my scummy behavior has been answered by me already and after Scien's flip, I don't see most of it holding water (Amished ISO 12). Most everything in it is under the assumption that Scien is scum and MM is town. We know at least half of that assumption isn't true, and I think it would be good to find out if the other half is bunk as well. I'm not going to cast my vote on MM yet till I can give you in my own words as to why, just know it's going there as of right now. So yeah, again, why am I scummy? and again, where did I buddy you? I went back and tried to find it myself and the only thing I can find is where I thought you made good points on Scien being scum. And tried to ask you questions in a polite manner. The first part is because they were good points at the time! Am I not supposed to read them and agree with them? If that's the case, why build a case on someone at all? Secondly, I tend to come down pretty hard on those I believe are scum (question wise). You just came in and literally had nothing to judge your alignment on at the time. Being respectful is bad? Guess what, I don't have a scum read on Dizzle at this time either. If I ask a question to him respectfully and without sarcasm, does that mean I'm buddying him? So again, PLEASE point out the buddying.

Also, I'm glad you thought my going back and commenting on what I saw as a complete waste of time and utter crap. So happy I wasted time in doing so. I guess I should have just skipped it or not commented on it at all then as to not waste your time. Seriously though, I know you don't like anything negative being said about MM (God knows why), but what about the comments not about him? Were they all a big waste as well? If they were, why? You are not above the rest of us and don't get to just say something is crap without backing it up Amished.
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #728 (isolation #49) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:32 am

Post by Chinaman »

What? First off, his posts seem more townie than scum where I pointed out they did. That doesn't mean I wouldn't have hammered, I would have, but if you take the post alone, it had more of a town than scum feel to it. Of course I'm only human and knew that he was flipped town when I wrote this, but I'm not condemning anyone for it, only that since he started posting again after I went to bed, they were from more of a town standpoint. I'm not accusing anyone of anything by saying that, so not sure why you're jumping on it. Secondly, you want people to agree with your case enough to vote for person your case is on, but you will call it buddying after that case turns out to be on town? That's basically what I'm getting from you here. I will say it again "buddy", your case made a lot of sense and I did agree with it. We now know it was wrong, and I'm scum for agreeing with it...*THATS* hypocritical. Secondly, why should I just believe that a claimed power role is not a fake claim automatically? He hasn't even posted his info yet. I also don't know if I believe your claim to a PR either. There is no list of what is and isn't out there and thus no way to CC your claims. So I'm sorry if I don't automatically put the 2 people I think most scummy into a town list just because they claim. Your claim protects yourself (so far) so has no real use to town as your situations of what scum did and didn't do are purely hypothetical, and MM is scummy to just about everyone but you. MM has posted since you asked him to wait, then told him it was ok to tell, and he hasn't told. I think we are all ready to hear it, but no matter what it is, it's not going to be automatically believed (by me anyway). I'm trying to find scum, not believing everything everyone has to say. For someone with a very logical case on Scien, you have been very illogical toward me as of late.
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #744 (isolation #50) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:54 pm

Post by Chinaman »

d3x: it was post 684 where he "was certain" he was targeted.

MM: you blocked a townie.

Assuming that MM and Amished are both telling the truth, here are the scenarios:

1 - The scum decided not to kill anyone to out town power roles today.
*I for don't know about his one. If we are going under the above assumption, then I give this less credit. Can't see why the scum wouldn't try to NK no matter what roles were out there. In fact, it would be in there best interest to at least try and kill someone and maybe get lucky and get a NK on a PR. But it's possible so I put it down.

2 - The scum targeted Amished and since he protected himself, no NK.
*Best possible scenario under the above assumption from where I stand. I'm town, nobody died, and Amished saved himself from scum.

3 - Scum targeted someone else and there is another town PR out there that hasn't claimed and protected scums target.
*With 2 town PR's already claimed, I would find a 3rd to be unlikely, but you never know and I'm not asking. No need to give scum a 3rd target.

4 - I'm lying out my ass and was basically double blocked.
*Zero credence from where I stand, but for everyone else not scum, it should be something you consider at least since you aren't me.

5 - I'm lying out my ass and was blocked by MM but targeted someone other than Amished
*Same as number 4.

6 - I'm lying out my ass and am some other PR with a NK, got blocked by MM and scum targeted Amished and both NK's failed.
*Same as number 3 and 4.

7 - The above assumption is wrong and there is a fake claim from one or both of them.
*Judging by MM's play thus far and my scumdar going off almost every time he posts, I would say that if only one is lying about a PR, it's him. No NK, and it took a long while to come out with the info. I'm not saying he is or isn't lying, I'm saying I'm not in a rush to put either one of them in the confirmed townie slot at this time.

Those are all the possibilities I can think of as of now. There are more possibilites if number 7 turns out to be true, but we'll cross that bridge if/when we come to it.
------------------------
Don't worry Amished, I will address your "evidence" in p729 next time I post. Just wanted to get the above scenarios compiled so we are a little more organized in the hunt.
------------------------
Also, if there is another scenario that I missed, please quote the above and add it in bold or something to keep this compiled. I think it will help in the hunt in the long run if we have all the possible scenario's laid out in an organized manner.
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #745 (isolation #51) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:57 pm

Post by Chinaman »

Oops, should have checked to see if anyone had ninja'd me, and I have been ninja'd.
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #760 (isolation #52) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:19 pm

Post by Chinaman »

d3x wrote:
CM wrote:it was post 684 where he "was certain" he was targeted.
I know. Not to be a d!ck, but I was asking MM for a reason.
I think it will help in the hunt in the long run if we have all the possible scenario's laid out in an organized manner.
As the whole thing is WIFOM, I don't see how it
could
help. There are also almost an infinite amount of permutations that could have happened and what this is doing is serving to distract from actual Scum Hunting. I'm not trying to be mean or sh!t on your parade, but how does this help us to catch Scum? You said that it doesn't hurt, but neither does talking about the Dodgers' chances at the Series. The fact is, it doesn't hurt {possibly}, but it doesn't really help either.

---------------------------

MM- How do you "know" that you successfully "RBed" someone?
The reason I said it would help is because I thought we could choose to go with a more likely scenario and start hunting from there. I tried to list all the scenarios that are on the table as of right now, but if this is not a good strategy, then so be it. It's where I would start though. My point wasn't to dwell on which scenario happened, but pick a likely one and hunt from there. Does that make sense? I have the feeling you think it would be a distraction due to wasting time talking about the scenarios themselves which isn't what I had in mind when I wrote it.
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #774 (isolation #53) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:33 pm

Post by Chinaman »

Wow, a cop claim now. Good lord. I can easily see MM lying in this as I stated earlier. I also don't see why Jason would lie because if he was lying and MM flipped a town role, Jason is lynched by the time enough people check in D3. Worse case scenario is Jason is lying, we lynch MM who flips town and another town dies at night. That would leave one scum left to many more townies (assuming this is a 2 scum game). I'm happy with those odds. As per d3x's request though, I will hold off on the vote, but it's going on MM.
-------------
Damn, I can hardly keep up here. MM: what peculiar behavior?
-------------
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #780 (isolation #54) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:41 pm

Post by Chinaman »

How is that WIFOM any more than your claim?

You claim RB that blocked me.

He claims cop and found you guilty.

Only difference is, if you flip and are telling the truth, he dies. That a one scum for 2 town (assumption) trade. Scum are already down 1. I get you are saying scum could do anything, but there is stuff that puts them in a bad spot. Jason-scum fake claiming is one of them wouldn't you say?
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #787 (isolation #55) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:48 pm

Post by Chinaman »

I didn't say we shouldn't believe your night action without hearing what it was. I was saying I was interested in what you had to say but no matter what you claimed I wasn't going to role over and automatically believe you. Please quote me where I said we shouldn't believe you before even hearing it. If you can, I will admit defeat and ask everyone to vote me. Also, had I voted you for potentially implicating me you and many others would have called OMGUS. I'm sure that's what you were planning. Thing is, if you role blocked me, you don't know what you blocked if anything at all! 85% was waaaay too large of certainty that I was scum with just your info. It was also, as jason pointed out, very much WIFOM to say it did.

In your defense though, I looked up on mafia wiki some roles and stuff and RB WAS indeed listed under Basic Roles. Here's the link http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Roles

So rare or not, they are in the basic column according to mafia wiki.
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #796 (isolation #56) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:55 pm

Post by Chinaman »

MonkeyMan576 wrote:
jasonT1981 wrote:And you say there is no appeal to emotion lol
It's not an appeal to emotion. I don't have an alterior motive. I want to be lynched to prove that I am town and Chinaman and Jason are the last scum.
MM: You flipping town doesn't "prove" anything. It's WIFOM. It's possible, but many many other things are just as possible. Do you get that?
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #799 (isolation #57) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:56 pm

Post by Chinaman »

Problem here is, I don't think anybody thinks youre going to flip town. Not with Jason's claim. So throw your fit and try and make us think twice about it, but right now I don't see you not dead.
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #802 (isolation #58) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:58 pm

Post by Chinaman »

Alright Amished, I'll drop it.

Side note: This exact thing has happened in another game I'm in. There were no where near as many PR's in the open, but the guy is actually getting people to unvote him. So yeah, not going to buy it this time (I did in the other game) due to Jason's claim.
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #808 (isolation #59) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:03 pm

Post by Chinaman »

Amished: I got this on wiki also:
wiki wrote: * Sane Cop: always gets correct results (i.e. "guilty" for anti-Town roles and "innocent" for pro-Town roles)
* Insane Cop: always gets incorrect results (i.e. "guilty" for pro-Town roles and "innocent" for anti-Town roles)

once the player realizes they are insane, they can generally produce effective results by reporting the opposite of what they discover

* Paranoid Cop: always gets "guilty" results (rare in games with a Godfather, for obvious reasons)

once the Cop discovers their sanity, they may stop investigating, as all results are equally useless
According to this, the way I read it is that the cop has to realize his sanity on his own. Is there a house rule for this site or something where the mod tells them?
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #811 (isolation #60) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:06 pm

Post by Chinaman »

MonkeyMan576 wrote:
Amished wrote:(This is what I meant with MMan always screws up his claims when he's scum with me that I mentioned early on in the game)
How have I screwed up my claim? There's no evidence of that, and even if I flip scum, it's because of the investigation, not the claim.
Wait, WHAAAA? an investigation can make someone flip something they aren't? <---serious question here.
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #813 (isolation #61) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:07 pm

Post by Chinaman »

p810: noted. thanks
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #820 (isolation #62) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:12 pm

Post by Chinaman »

MM, read what you wrote.
MonkeyMan576 wrote:
Amished wrote:(This is what I meant with MMan always screws up his claims when he's scum with me that I mentioned early on in the game)
How have I screwed up my claim? There's no evidence of that, and even if I flip scum, it's because of the investigation, not the claim.
MonkeyMan576 wrote:It's not a scumslip. I said "if I flip scum, it's not because I have a bad roleclaim, it's because I was investigated guilty".
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #847 (isolation #63) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:17 am

Post by Chinaman »

AWWW man! I was so in the clear after what MM did. I was surprised MM called me out on my NK attempt though. Holy smoking bullets dodged.
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #849 (isolation #64) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:41 am

Post by Chinaman »

really? cuz...well....it wasn't bussing at all actually. Neither technically nor realistically. I was on him before even Raivann flipped. Plus I thought for sure MM was telling the truth since I did indeed try and kill amished Night One. Can you point out why you think it was bussing? Just to help me out if I ever get a fun role again.
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #881 (isolation #65) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:54 pm

Post by Chinaman »

Amished, if you come back to this thread for your theme Clue game, I'm pre /in please!

Sounds like it could be alot of fun.
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon