Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #36 (isolation #0) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:17 pm

Post by Chevre »

late confirm, sorry!

So dramonic claims miller, blah blah blah, but then StrangerCoug says this:
StrangerCoug wrote:Well, the cop knows who not to investigate xD That's not a free pass, however—in fact, it's an easy scum claim,
so be extra careful, dramonic.
I find the bolded part really odd. Why would StrangerCoug want to warn dramonic to be careful? This does not follow, and seems like a good place to start.
Vote: StrangerCoug

Ophanim wrote:We do not feel that millers should be left alive to later cause distraction.

First, multiple-personality much? ;)
Second, Millers cause more distraction earlier in the game, because everyone has to decide what their stance is on miller claims.
StrangerCoug wrote:This comes off to me as policy-lynching dramonic for claiming miller. Do you REALLY want to give scum an advantage by going after such an easy target so early?
Maybe a little overreactive/early for this, but this could possibly be a further link between a possible SC/dramonic scumduo.
Ophanim wrote:So because it's in a bastard-mod game it should be in a normal game?

Your logic sucks. Try harder.
I think you've pushed your attack on StrangerCoug a little too far here. This doesn't even look remotely suspicious to me.

---

I'm impressed by the action in this game already. I have a scum-list and it's only page two!

In order of scumminess.

1. StrangerCoug
2. Ophanim (just barely under SC)
3. Dramonic

I'm not even considering lurking yet because it is so early in the game.
There will be no kisses tonight
There will be no holding hands tonight
'Cause what is now wasn't there before and should not be
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #50 (isolation #1) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:01 am

Post by Chevre »

DiamondCrash wrote:1. Choice of wording, mah boi. Maybe, could, possibly? You're covering your arse in case someone decides to say that it is too early and that you are overreacting. Which you are. So let's take out that bit...
Of course I'm going to say could and possibly. I can't be for certain that SC and dramonic are scumbuddies, and plus, how would the lack of those words be better? For example, "This is a link between SC and dramonic, who are scumbuddies." How does that sound remotely good to you?
DiamondCrash wrote:2. So, attacking someone means a scum buddy? In fact, I'd hardly call that attacking, merely making a point, from the looks of it. Plus, further link implies you think that this post is the first sign;
I don't even know how this applies. I mean there might (OMG INDEFINITE) be a link between SC and dramonic because SC very bluntly defended him.
DiamondCrash wrote:based on the last 5 words. However, I have a different theory. Normal games are normal. SC is making the assumption that there is a cop, even though you can't be sure. However, by using the word "the" in his post implies there is one. So, therefore, I propose this. Due to the fact that by the wording of his post, he knows there's a cop...

SC is the cop.

Anyone have any problems with that theory?
Many.

1. Why would there be more than one cop in a game of this size? I think it's safe to assume that there is an average of 1 cop in mini games.
2. Let's say SC's wording was a slip, and SC is the cop. You just revealed the cop. Town wouldn't want to do that.
3. I've got a feeling that you're going to defend yourself by saying "I never really believed it, it was just to start discussion."
StrangerCoug wrote:You quoted part of the answer, the rest should be in my defense of Cyberbob. I will gladly answer anything outstanding regarding dramonic, however.
I think it's going over my head, but I'll give it a shot. If you meant that because Miller is an easy scum claim (which it is, no disagreement there), then why would you say "be careful" rather than "IGMEOY" or something similar?
Whoops. Sorry, strike that part. I got the whole thread jumbled in my head. I feel really stupid.
Heh, it's OK. But it does feel extremely good to be on page 2 and be in the thick of a real game.

Vote: DiamondCrash

New list.

1. DiamondCrash
2. StrangerCoug
3. dramonic
4. Ophanim

This may seem like a big change for less than twelve hours, but with the ammount of activity we've had, I think it's perfectly plausible.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #51 (isolation #2) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:03 am

Post by Chevre »

Also: Dizzle, maxwellhouse, feel free to jump in at any time. :D
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #54 (isolation #3) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:27 am

Post by Chevre »

MacavityLock: You have to consider these first 2 pages. They're superiorily more proactive than any other game I've seen.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #56 (isolation #4) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:33 am

Post by Chevre »

So I'm not supposed to be friendly and understanding?

OK then.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #78 (isolation #5) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:52 am

Post by Chevre »

dramonic wrote:Is the only reason I'm number 3 on your list because I claimed Miller?
It's most of it. Like StrangerCoug has mentioned earlier, it is an easy claim for scum, and I've also mentioned possible scumlinks between you and SC.

Well, in the meantime, since DC is at L:1-1/2, I think he should first explain and defend himself, and then if he stays at L-1-1/2, claim.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #92 (isolation #6) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:23 am

Post by Chevre »

dramonic wrote:Also, miller-claim are to be lynched before the end of the game. As scum I commited suicide here.
But when will the town do it? Lynching a miller is the ultimate procrastination. By the time we finally decide to lynch you, scum could have majority.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #93 (isolation #7) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:34 am

Post by Chevre »

I'm sorry to double post here, I was very giddy and pressed submit instead of preview.
MacavityLock wrote:What does "L-1-1/2" mean?
Oops. I probably should explain this. Sidekick voted and put DC at L-1, so xvart unvoted just to get him off L-1. So I figured it was sort of L-one-and-a-half.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #144 (isolation #8) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:20 am

Post by Chevre »

My computer is being flukey right now. I'm sorry for the lack of posts.

On that note:
V/LA Tuesday-Sunday.

Noted.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #210 (isolation #9) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:04 am

Post by Chevre »

Back from wonderful conferenceland. I will reread what I missed of day 1 and hopefully have somethings to post.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #213 (isolation #10) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:44 am

Post by Chevre »

Sidekick wrote:I come away from it seeing Ophanium as the scummier of the two. SC called him out on committing to a policy lynch with his 1st post of the game, Oph backtracked to saying that he'd vote dram until a better option arose and Oph generally overreacted to a simple, straightforward question. An overreaction like that so early in the game seems scummy to me. Not sure what to make of his disappearance though.
Agreed.
MacavityLock wrote:Hmm, another case of not paying close attention to the thread, this time, re: vote count and someone actually at L-1. I think I dislike this more than xvart's flub.
Well, in a serious context, at least this shows I'm consistently half reading the thread.
Netopalis wrote:Sidekick - Attacks DC for the supposed rolefishing only after others have voted him for it, despite making a post after it in which he doesn't even mention it. This shows that he is largely just interested in being on whatever line of suspicion is gaining the most support, which is a scummy motivation.
I may not getting this in the correct context, but I'd believe it much more if there were more instances if he did it. It's entirely possible that he just was "late to the party," to use a term.
Netopalis wrote:I believe the Miller claim. We should treat Dramonic as a normal, unconfirmed townsperson until his play shows us otherwise.
This is somewhat strange. You ask us to treat dramonic as a normal player...except many players have mentioned that his claim means his demise before the end of the game. Therefore, we would not be treating him as just another player, but instead, a player who we must lynch before the end of the game.

Also, Netopalis, aside from game stuff, when you make larger posts you use solid lines to break up points in your posts, and sometimes I confuse it for your signature. Just a thing to note.
I agree, (1) is a very useful question. I read it a general playstyle, while SC obviously didn't. Oph, why did you ask (2) without letting Neto respond to (1) first? If Neto was asking specifically about scum-style, I agree that it's kind of a ridiculous question, potentially one that distracts from main discussion. By pointing that out, haven't you let him off the hook?
I may be a little late to respond, but I don't read it as general playstyle. We're obviously playing "Mafia" here, and we all know what a "playstyle" is. Netopalis's wording sounds as though he were specifically asking for the playstyle in a Mafia role, which, as Ophanim said, doesn't make any sense.
MacavityLock wrote:Sorry, busy weekend, so I've got a bit to catch up on. I took a look at the claim etc, and I have no major issues with anyone hammering DC. The saying "doc" instead of "cop" issue is much bigger for me than the "I claim..." issue, but yeah, not really believable.
Slightly confused here. You said you were rushed, but yet you looked at the claim and were OK with a DC lynch. So why didn't you lynch him yourself?
StrangerCoug wrote:Now that we have a DiamondCrash flip, Cyberbob is very suspicious for his interactions with him. I'd like to hear his thoughts.
Agreed.

MacavityLock: can you explain "!=" ? I've seen so many people use it and I don't know what it means.

---
MacavityLock and Cyberbob are my two biggest suspects at this point, although neither is near scummy enough to put a vote on.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #215 (isolation #11) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:54 am

Post by Chevre »

Yes I did. I've not decided whether I'd like to believe it or not. Let me put it this way: If I had to vote for one of my suspects ATM, it wouldn't be you.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #220 (isolation #12) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:11 am

Post by Chevre »

For what I commented on earlier about the hammer (although that's decently explained) and what you've done today.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #252 (isolation #13) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:21 am

Post by Chevre »

xvart wrote:Are you saddened that nobody jumped on your fishing for votes/testing the waters for my lynch?
I'm confused. Are you referring to the vote before your post? Because that's only three hours, and I don't jump that fast.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #260 (isolation #14) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:20 am

Post by Chevre »

MacavityLock wrote:In fact, now that I think about it, why didn't you ask the same question to Cyberbob and/or Dizzle? Both of them checked in right after me, gave their approval for the lynch, but didn't hammer.
If you would've done it first, there would've been no need. But yes, now that you mention it, they did.

xvart: thank you for clarifying.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #267 (isolation #15) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:18 am

Post by Chevre »

This game is sooooo dying.

Vote: MacavityLock
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #269 (isolation #16) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:32 am

Post by Chevre »

I believe it's self explanatory, but mine is to jumpstart discussion somehow. Your way however, is a little more sophisticated.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #271 (isolation #17) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:41 am

Post by Chevre »

Because he is my biggest suspicion.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #287 (isolation #18) » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:39 am

Post by Chevre »

ML wrote:The vote on me is poor, hidden under the guise of "discussion", and when questioned about it, your responses aren't answers, they're brush-offs.
This is a poor vote, but it was an attempt to start discussion (which worked nicely), and you outlined what little suspicion I had on you in your post.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #303 (isolation #19) » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:11 pm

Post by Chevre »

Netopalis, you outlined me twice in your brief statements. Can you explain which one, if not a combination of the two, is correct?
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #313 (isolation #20) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:56 am

Post by Chevre »

dramonic wrote:aight
Unvote
Vote: Chevre

Did Konowa flake?
He's been gone for a lil while :S
I know this was meant to start discussion (as was mine), but is there any other reason behind it?
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #357 (isolation #21) » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:20 am

Post by Chevre »

Unvote
I feel my vote has served its purpose.

Plus, I'd like to look at what Macavity Lock brought up about how he, Dizzle, and Cyberbob all were fine with a hammer but didn't. I'd like to look into that more closely.

ML, I'll probably entrounce upon those unanswered questions in my reskimread, so I'll answer them then.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”