Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:43 pm

Post by Commodore Amazing »

vote: Mr Stoofer
"So it's time to take some action, boys. It's time to follow me." - Gaston, the Mob Song
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #16 (isolation #1) » Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:29 am

unvote: Mr Stoofer

Nightfall wrote:
Vote: Seol
Anyone else notice that "Seol" is an anagram for "Lose?" So, a vote for Seol is a vote to Lose? That doesn't sound good.
vote: viQLes
because there's no way that can rearrange to anything that looks like "lose."
"So it's time to take some action, boys. It's time to follow me." - Gaston, the Mob Song
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #33 (isolation #2) » Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:58 am

Are KingEnigma and I the only Americans in this game?

Falcone, you're seriously from "Europe?" That's not very specific.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #39 (isolation #3) » Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:15 am

Seol wrote:
Commodore Amazing wrote:
unvote: Mr Stoofer
Nightfall wrote:
Vote: Seol
Anyone else notice that "Seol" is an anagram for "Lose?" So, a vote for Seol is a vote to Lose? That doesn't sound good.
vote: viQLes
because there's no way that can rearrange to anything that looks like "lose."
Hmmm... that's also true for Mr Stoofer. Not that you
should
be voting Stoof, but why the early unvote-revote in the random stage?
I like to think that the random stage is MORE than just a random voting stage. It's the stage where you get to goof around and greet everyone before you get down to business. It's nothing more but random early day shenanigans. Are we playing for real now? Okay. I'll play for real.

Starting...

Now.
unvote: viQLes
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #54 (isolation #4) » Fri Oct 14, 2005 3:22 am

I'm happy to see a bandwagon that isn't me, but I don't think ChocoCid deserves votes yet. Let's see if he can explain what he's talking about.

@Stoofer - I unvoted because it wasn't a good vote anyway. Also, starting in day means that it's harder for scum to make up a fake claim on the first day. They have no idea what townie roles look like.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #62 (isolation #5) » Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:20 pm

Not to belabor the point or anything, but it's definitely to the town's advantage to start with day. We always have the option of going "no lynch," which essentially starts the game at night. I am not advocating "no lynch."
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #89 (isolation #6) » Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:58 am

Mr Stoofer wrote:Not very strong grounds, as I said, but I preferred it to my random vote. This game is moving slowly and this is the best I could do, since no-one seems to be volunteering to be bandwagonned.
Mr Stoofer, I think your case against Sineish is very weak. I do not think it's enough reason to vote for you, though.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #92 (isolation #7) » Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:40 pm

Seol wrote:Re Stoof - my post in the d8P debate was basically to say that I thought Sineish's post was reasonable, from where I was sitting his logic held. So, obviously, I don't think Sineish looks suspicious for that - but then, I'm not thinking you're particularly suspicious either.
Commodore Amazing wrote:I'm happy to see a bandwagon that isn't me, but I don't think ChocoCid deserves votes yet. Let's see if he can explain what he's talking about.
Commodore Amazing wrote:Mr Stoofer, I think your case against Sineish is very weak. I do not think it's enough reason to vote for you, though.
For someone who was quite happy to throw random votes around, ever since your voting's been mentioned, you've been very cagey with your vote.

It's a gut thing, really, but you're acting weird, almost
too
careful.
unvote, vote: Commodore Amazing
Seol, you're basically saying that neither Stoofer nor Sineish is really worth voting for... and then you vote for me for not voting for either of them. :(

I believe I was called out for moving my random vote, then I was called out for unvoting my vote on viQLes, and now I am being called out for not voting. Maybe I should just lurk.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #126 (isolation #8) » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:48 am

vote: Stewie
. I'm not joining a bandwagon with Seol any time soon, and we should try to get SOME information out of day one. Where are you, Stewie?
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #142 (isolation #9) » Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:35 am

Stewie wrote:Now that I'm here, I will
vote: commodore amazing
for the following:
Okay. I'll play for real.

Starting...

Now. unvote: viQLes
Unvoting without revoting stalls the game. There are situations in which I would find it acceptable, but that wasn't one of them.
Mr Stoofer, I think your case against Sineish is very weak. I do not think it's enough reason to vote for you, though.
Points out that Mr. Stoofer's reason to vote is weak when Mr. Stoofer himself had already pointed that out. That, plus the fact that he points it out but still doesn't vote for him strikes me as suspicious.

There's also what Seol mentioned. Since I mentioned how "playing for real = stop playing?" (I was in a hurry), CA did hold on to his vote tightly. At first he changed from one random vote to a baseless one, but after unvoting he took his time to vote again eventhough he voiced concern about the posts of two other players.
I'm just here to say I'm happy with my vote on Stewie. He apparently agrees with Seol's reasons against me. Seol didn't even call his vote logic; he called it a gut feeling. Stewie blames me for stalling the game, which I might have done, but that doesn't make me scum.

I think ChocoCid's reason for FoSing Seol back there wasn't very strong, but it doesn't seem voteworthy to me. Stewie seems like a much more worthy bandwagon.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #151 (isolation #10) » Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:21 am

There's not much time left in this day.

@ Stewie - I really don't think I'm allowed to be blamed for unvoting and stalling the game. I was at least checking in at several points, even if I wasn't voting, which is much better than not weighing in on anything if I was mafia.

We need 7 for a lynch. I am not changing my vote to either Mr Stoofer or ChocoCid.

Falcone, I think you have the worst reasons for voting for Mr Stoofer, and you seem to be suspicious of lots of people. Want to get on a Stewie bandwagon? You
FoS
ed him before, why don't you put your vote where your mouth is?

Stewie, can you convince me to vote for Mr Stoofer or ChocoCid over you? I know you're at least pretending to think I'm scum for a second, but pretend for a second that I've just got a funky play-style that you don't understand. Why should we be voting for Choco or Mr Stoofer instead of each other?
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #153 (isolation #11) » Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:13 am

Stewie has accepted my temporary cease-fire, so I'll
unvote: Stewie
for now. I'd like a claim from ChocoCid so we can either lynch him or resolve that bandwagon and move on before the deadline. I believe ChocoCid is at 5 votes now.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #201 (isolation #12) » Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:11 am

Can I get a vote count? And just so everyone knows, if it's between Nightfall and Stewie, I'd rather vote for Nightfall at this point. I think Stewie is perfectly justified in voting for someone to keep himself alive.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #223 (isolation #13) » Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:38 am

vote: Seol
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #238 (isolation #14) » Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:56 am

unvote: Seol, vote: viQleS
. I changed my vote to Seol because I thought he might have been trying to look for a scapegoat in me or viQleS to save a scum buddy (maybe Nightfall). Now I just think that viQleS is too scummy to ignore; it seems more likely that viQleS is scum than Nightfall and Seol are both scum. I believe this vote is the fourth vote for viQleS (ChocoCid + Stoofer + Seol + me).
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #252 (isolation #15) » Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:33 am

Yes. That is what we want.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #291 (isolation #16) » Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:19 am

vote: Seol
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #296 (isolation #17) » Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:08 am

I'm a little dense, but I think I finally figured out what's going on here.
unvote: Seol, vote: Sineish
. One more is a lynch.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #310 (isolation #18) » Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:51 am

FINISH HIM!
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #321 (isolation #19) » Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:46 am

I'm not moving my vote.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #335 (isolation #20) » Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:43 am

This lynch is taking too long. Sineish is scumbo. A shademeister. A mafiosisimo. A McBadGuyVer.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #348 (isolation #21) » Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:41 am

My best guess is Seol. I thought Seol was cop yesterday with innocent investigations on me and Mr Stoofer. Hence, the
hifive: Mr Stoofer
in his first post, and the fact that he completely ignored me in his analysis involving Sineish, Falcone, and ibaesha. I didn't know what my interaction was among those three, so I went back to check, and it wasn't very favorable. I had no idea why he suddenly thought I wasn't scummy, unless he had investigated me (which made sense, since was so adamant about getting me lynched day one). Obviously, since I thought he was cop, I didn't want to say anything, and I figured that with Seol, myself, Stoofer, and the two remaining masons as innocents, we were in really good shape. Now it doesn't seem so anymore.

Now that I know Seol isn't cop, I'm back to where I started: extremely suspicious of Seol.
FoS: Seol
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #350 (isolation #22) » Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:55 am

Do we want to go no lynch already? We've got eight people, and there are probably 3 scum.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #354 (isolation #23) » Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:24 am

I think we should be talking about no lynch before anything else.

I've only played one game with an insane cop, and it was a themed mini. I doubt ibaesha was insane, especially since we probably would know at this point.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #357 (isolation #24) » Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:35 am

Seol wrote:I was pretty sure you were the third Mason. Apparently, I was wrong on that point. I'll be happy to write up my reasoning for thinking that tonight, when I can do proper post-analysis.
There's no need for that. I reread day one. I can see it. Hmmm... I need to think some more about this so I can present some new wrong conclusions.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #359 (isolation #25) » Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:18 am

Falcone wrote:2) Commodore, you realize that your theory was flawed from the start, right? It's impossible that Seol is a cop with innocent on Mr Stoofer and yourself, because there has only been one night.
No. I did not realize that. I thought this game started with night.

I shouldn't be allowed to play mafia. There should be some sort of qualifying test to weed out people like me.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #380 (isolation #26) » Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:24 am

Sorry, I'm still putting together my thoughts on this game. I only have a few seconds online, but I just want to say that I believe Stewie's claim and I'm pretty sure I know who the third mason is, so that means that 3 of 4 other people are scum. I'm trying to figure out who the innocent person is. I'm almost positive that Seol and Nightfall are scum; I'm just trying to figure out a way to get the partner.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #383 (isolation #27) » Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:51 am

I don't know how to post my full analysis without revealing who the third mason is. I propose a mass claim. This is partiablly based on what my role is. I would happily start, as long as we go through until the end and I'm allowed to explain my claim before you decide if you want to lynch me. If we'd rather wait until tomorrow, I would be fine with that as well. I say we lynch Seol or Nightfall. Between the two, I prefer Nightfall.

I understand that there are people who claim to be suspicious of me, but I think most of those people are mafia anyway. I think I had a very good reason for lynching Sineish yesterday, as my belief that Seol was cop led me to go along with him and Mr Stoofer. I didn't want to say anything more during the day, as I was afraid that I would out Seol as cop.

@Stoofer - Falcone gave a big part of the case against Seol, and you note that he is generally a good scum catcher. I'm not as convinced that Seol is scum as I used to be (since him believing I was the mason is somewhat reasonable), but the way he didn't put much thought into vIQleS's doc-claim is most damning.

I am for Stewie's plan of lynching and then trying to vig someone if we screw up. Unfortunately, I suspect there is a mafia role-blocker or doctor or perhaps other power roles (I believe a role finder was suggested) as there have been several pro-town power roles, including a 3-person (!) mason group. And we started in day. That's a lot of power on the side of the town.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #392 (isolation #28) » Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:56 am

d8P wrote:Yes, you could mike, but it might be better if everyone waited before claiming. Are there any objections to my deciding the order? If not, then I suggest we go with the most starting with Seol, Commodre, and Nightfall.
Let's do it. I don't really care which of Stoofer and Falcone is last.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #396 (isolation #29) » Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:29 am

townie. Next: Nightfall
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #402 (isolation #30) » Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:10 am

@Falcone - Nightfall and mikeburnfire are lying about their roles. They planned it together last night. There
are
two vanilla townies in this game, me and (probably) Mr Stoofer. I knew you were a mason

It's kind of funny that Nightfall and mikeburnfire put together their fake claims before hand, but mikeburnfire messed it up and said he blocked Nightfall on the wrong night.

Come on, would a cop hide his clues like that? We never would have found that if Nightfall had been night-killed. Those are little things that cops leave behind to fake a claim later. Nightfall was probably unhappy to see that ibaesha was cop, but decided, "Oh, what the heck, I went through all this work, might as well go on pretending I'm a cop." And two cops in a mini? This should be an easy vote.

vote: Nightfall
. I'd vote for mikeburnfire since getting rid of the mafia roleblocker is better, but I know that the vig and the masons might want to keep mikeburnfire around on the off chance that he's town and that he'll save us if we're wrong about Nightfall.

@My favorite Brits - what do you think? Are you the only vanilla townie in this game?
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #406 (isolation #31) » Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:08 pm

Mr Stoofer wrote:Fortunately, I don't have to decide because I am not on the lynching committee. I am going to follow the will of the lynching committee and will regard anyone who doesn't with grave suspicion.
Not cool, Mr Stoofer. I'm sure the lynching committee wants to hear every single one of my ramblings.

This combined with the fact that Nightfall and mikeburnfire involved you in their little blocking + cop scheme is making me very uneasy about you.

@Committee - Please, let's lynch either Nightfall or mikeburnfire first. Stoofer and Seol are getting to close to call.

Question - Do we have Stewie shoot if we lynch the mafia roleblocker? That would put us at (at worst; even if you don't believe me that Nightfall is scum) 5 people in the next round, with 2 of them scum. At best, it puts us at 5 people next round, with two scum (mikeburnfire and Nightfall) dead. Then we can lynch wrong on one of Seol and Stoofer (or myself, God forbid) and still win. I really like this plan, and I hope the committee can see that mikeburnfire is scum. We have a lot to gain if you've got the guts to take out the scum roleblocker.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #415 (isolation #32) » Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:02 pm

Seol wrote:
Commodore Amazing wrote:This combined with the fact that Nightfall and mikeburnfire involved you in their little blocking + cop scheme is making me very uneasy about you.
Why are you so sure they're both lying?
I'm working off the assumption that I'm not the only vanilla townie left. It doesn't seem like the worst assumption. Let me go back through the thread and check on Nightfall/mikeburnfire interactions. I know that at some point, Nightfall asked if the town would think that a roleblocker was a scummy claim. That sounds like he's trying to feel out the town for his scum pal. I'll find more specific stuff later.

Also, Nightfall's so obviously a scumbag. As far as the other one, mikeburnfire was the last to claim, didn't wait for the mass claim, and he claimed the only common pro-town role that hadn't been claimed yet. Almost as if he wanted to beat the real pro-town roleblocker to the punch if there was one. I should have waited to see how mikeburnfire reacted to Nightfall saying mikeburnfire blocked him on the wrong night, but whatever. My guess is that mikeburnfire saw that I thought they were both scum and decided to say "oh well, my partner's finished. Might as well join this bandwagon and hope they don't realize it's a sacrifice." But we realize it, don't we? One wrong lynch and we probably lose. The scum can afford to lose a couple before the game's over.
Nightfall wrote:CA could you answer my question, before you go spitting out more stuff for me to question you on?
Pardon my discourtesy for neglecting your questions, but I tend to put "answering questions from obvious scum" much lower on my priority list than "figuring out who the third scum is." I believe your question had something to do with how I know how many vanilla townies are in the game. Let's go over the scenarios:

Oh, crap, I just realized that I had forgotten about Sineish. Why didn't someone tell me that I was forgetting Sineish?! That's twice this game I've totally screwed up my analysis. And here Falcone was calling this a good game. For that screening test, we'll have to include questions like "If you are a townie and one townie is already dead, how many townies is that?" If anyone gets that wrong, they have to wait a year before signing up for a game. How embarrassing.

Even so, there's just
so
much power on the side of the town and no evidence that there's a SK (Stewie would be suicidal to claim vig as SK when he knows the mafia will want him dead).

Going back to look for more substantial stuff on Nightfall and mikeburnfire besides Nightfall asking if mikeburnfire's claim would be okay with the town...
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #424 (isolation #33) » Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:26 am

Seol wrote:
Falcone wrote: If he knows that lynching the roleblocker is better, why doesn't he vote for him? There is no way that Nightfall and Mike are both townies, so if we are wrong about Nightfall, Mike isn't going to save us.
I can't believe I didn't notice this before. If Commodore is even
entertaining
the possibility that they're both townies - which is the only possible interpretation of that comment, other than he's misdirecting us - that means he
can't
be town.
Nice try, Seol, jumping on Falcone's suspicion of me like that. First of all, my vote came
before
mikeburnfire confirmed the contradiction between him and Nightfall. I thought it was a mistake. Second, I didn't even come up with the idea of lynching the roleblocker instead of Nightfall until the post
after
I voted (402 vs. 406). I'd be happy to lynch mikeburnfire instead of Nightfall. Third, I didn't think the lynching committee would go for lynching the claimed roleblocker. I have very little reason to believe that mikeburnfire and Nightfall are town, but they might look at mikeburnfire as a second chance if we get the lynch wrong. In that case, I figured they'd want to go for the obvious scum: Nightfall.

@d8P - that's ridiculous. I actually did see the "half once" when I was trying to figure out who the third mason was, but I figured there was no way that was your clue. I just figured it out from the fact that everyone else either voted for a mason or was voted for by a mason.

@All the masons - Why
wouldn't
they contradict each other? We only need to get one lynch wrong. We're not even sure that mikeburnfire is the scum roleblocker; it could be Nightfall or Seol. If contradicting each other is going to convince the town that
only
one of them is scum, then of course they're going to do it. In my last game with Nightfall, I was scum and I suggested we contradict each other to make the other one look less scummy. It's a good tactic when you have scum to spare. Don't fall for it.

Here's what I found in interactions between mikeburnfire and Nightfall - first of all, pull up all of mikeburnfire's posts and you'll see him throwing suspicion on Nightfall all over the place without ever voting him until it looks like Nightfall's not getting out of the lynch. He has this lovely post, which is worded just so his scum buddy Nightfall can try to give him a reason to unvote. This is after Nightfall says, "What more does anyone want from me?"
With my emphasis, mikeburnfire wrote:What more? How about explaining your votes, your suspicions, your reasons, and pointing out any of your previous actions that could possibly clear your name?
I don't think you realize, but you're becoming eerily close to being the first lynch
, yet your posts are abrupt and infrequent.
That's kind of a weird thing to say, isn't it? Kind of like, "Get your act together so we don't lynch you."

Day two starts, and mikeburnfire doesn't go after Nightfall anymore; he just lurks for a while until something new comes up.
He also has this suspicion of me... I decided I'd try to find out where this was coming from. Go ahead and pull up his posts... where does he mention me? Nowhere, except suddenly I'm on the top of his list today. Why is he suspicious of me? No reason. Really, there's no reason.

As far as Nightfall - he doesn't really interact with mikeburnfire at all. It's a good thing to keep your distance from your scum buddies.

As far as the third scum buddy - almost certainly Seol. If you reread day one, Seol comes out of nowhere with his attack on vIQleS when it looks like Nightfall is going to die. I think that's very important and very obvious. Make sure you catch it. I'm more certain of the Seol + Nightfall combo than I am of the MBF + Nightfall combo. It's possible Stoofer's in there with Seol and Nightfall.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #434 (isolation #34) » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:02 am

Falcone wrote:
Commodore Amazing wrote:Nice try, Seol, jumping on Falcone's suspicion of me like that. First of all, my vote came before mikeburnfire confirmed the contradiction between him and Nightfall. I thought it was a mistake. Second, I didn't even come up with the idea of lynching the roleblocker instead of Nightfall until the post after I voted (402 vs. 406). I'd be happy to lynch mikeburnfire instead of Nightfall. Third, I didn't think the lynching committee would go for lynching the claimed roleblocker. I have very little reason to believe that mikeburnfire and Nightfall are town, but they might look at mikeburnfire as a second chance if we get the lynch wrong. In that case, I figured they'd want to go for the obvious scum: Nightfall.
Commodore, you are scum. 1) It doesn't matter that your vote came before Mike's confirmation of the contradiction between him and Nightfall. Mike had already said he blocked Nightfall N1 and Nightfall had already said he was blocked N2. The first thing you should think in that situation is: "One of them is lying", not "That must be a mistake".
I feel that everything both of them says is a lie. Once you see that, then it makes sense that it's a mistake. Last night, Nightfall and mikeburnfire got together, talked about their roleblocking / cop claiming plan, and Nightfall said, "Say that you blocked me last night because I'm going to write 'FALCONE BLOCK' or whatever." mikeburnfire misheard that or misread his PM and when he made his bogus claim, he said, "I blocked Nightfall night one" instead of what Nightfall wanted him to say - "I blocked Nightfall last night." (which would have been night two). Something like that happened. They didn't have their plan worked out right. Why do you refuse to believe that they're both scum? Stoofer gets it. Stoofer, help me out here. You've been just going along with every thing I say; put some work into this game. You're better at this than I am. Help Falcone see that it's possible that mikeburnfire and Nightfall are both scum. I know this might seem scummy to you that I'm asking this, but you can at least tell Falcone where I'm coming from.
2) You're flat out lying here: You already considered lynching the mafia roleblocker in post #402
I did consider lynching mikeburnfire here, sure. I didn't consider it because we could use the vig reason until later. That's the best reason to lynch the scum roleblocker.
3) You still leave the possibility open that both Mike and Nighfall are innocent. That's impossible for two reasons: It would make the town much too strong, and more importantly, that would make five innocents, which automatically makes you scum.
No! I'm saying I think they're both scum! When I say, "I have very little reason to believe that mikeburnfire and Nightfall are town" I mean "I have very little reason to believe that either of mikeburnfire and Nightfall are town" not "I have very little reason to believe that both mikeburnfire and Nightfall are town." I never said anything like "Nightfall and mikeburnfire are both innocent." No way.

Your plan about lynching mikeburnfire should work; I don't know why you want to vig me after that. I have
never
defended mikeburnfire here, and I
proposed
the plan to lynch the roleblocker. Even so, you'll see that I come up town, and then you ought to listen to my advice and lynch Nightfall next. Let Stoofer and Seol duke it out in the end with one of the masons.

If we lynch mikeburnfire, and he
isn't
the mafia roleblocker, what then? I think this is up to Stewie. It's possible that Seol or Stoofer or Nightfall is the scum roleblocker and mike's just using those blocks as an excuse.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #436 (isolation #35) » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:06 am

Seol wrote:
Commodore Amazing, emphasis added wrote:vote: Nightfall. I'd vote for mikeburnfire since getting rid of the mafia roleblocker is better, but I know that the vig and the masons might want to keep mikeburnfire around on the off chance that
he's town and that he'll save us if we're wrong about Nightfall
If "we're wrong" about Nightfall, that means he's town. If mikeburnfire is town and Nightfall is town, that means you aren't - if you were town, then from your perspective the bolded situation would be impossible.
The path of action which you propose here only makes any sense whatsoever if you are scum
SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM
Seol wrote:
Commodore Amazing, emphasis added wrote:vote: Nightfall. I'd vote for mikeburnfire since getting rid of the mafia roleblocker is better, but I know that
the vig and the masons might want to keep mikeburnfire around
on the off chance that
he's town and that he'll save us if we're wrong about Nightfall
If "we're wrong" about Nightfall, that means he's town. If mikeburnfire is town and Nightfall is town, that means you aren't - if you were town, then from your perspective the bolded situation would be impossible.
The path of action which you propose here only makes any sense whatsoever if you are scum
I am saying that from the perspective of the lynching committee, not from my perspective. You know that. You lying scumbag. No need to listen to Seol for the rest of the game.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #440 (isolation #36) » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:08 am

d8P wrote:Added on preview: That was an excellent observation, Seol. It's a pity Falcone already made it :P
No, it isn't. It really isn't. This isn't even one of the times I made a mistake. I clearly said it's from your perspective, not mine. Go ahead and vig me if mikeburnfire's scum, as long as you promise to take out Nightfall and Seol next. We should be exploring the possibility that Mr Stoofer's laughing his ass off at me frantically trying to keep myself alive, not misinterpreting my posts.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #443 (isolation #37) » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:12 am

mikeburnfire wrote:I find it ironic that everyone used the "Mike and Nightfall are in cahoots" logic to get me killed, and now suddenly if one of us is scum, the other's not. At least I can find solice in my death knowing that I lost my first game on Mafiascum due to town incompetence.

Maybe after you have Stewie vigkill Nightfall, you'll get the next two lynches perfect and be able to rub it in my face. Until then, you can all go to New Jersey.
One last effort to separate himself from Nightfall, anotehr chance ot make me look like scum. He should KNOW that if he dies, the game is over, since we've figured there's probably a scum doc or vig. If we're wrong about mike, Stewie, please vig Seol or Nightfall or Stoofer; one of the three at random to throw off a scum doc.

unvote: Nightfall, vote: mikeburnfire

Re: The Nightfall plan.
It doesn't matter. He's scum.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #444 (isolation #38) » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:14 am

Commodore Amazing wrote:
mikeburnfire wrote:I find it ironic that everyone used the "Mike and Nightfall are in cahoots" logic to get me killed, and now suddenly if one of us is scum, the other's not. At least I can find solice in my death knowing that I lost my first game on Mafiascum due to town incompetence.

Maybe after you have Stewie vigkill Nightfall, you'll get the next two lynches perfect and be able to rub it in my face. Until then, you can all go to New Jersey.
One last effort to separate himself from Nightfall, anotehr chance ot make me look like scum. He should KNOW that if he dies, the game is over, since we've figured there's probably a scum doc or roleblocker. If we're wrong about mike, Stewie, please vig Seol or Nightfall or Stoofer; one of the three at random to throw off a scum doc.

unvote: Nightfall, vote: mikeburnfire

Re: The Nightfall plan.
It doesn't matter. He's scum.
Fixed, before you go calling me scum again or something.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #455 (isolation #39) » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:44 am

Mr Stoofer wrote:I do see it!!!!!

I was just about to paste Commodore's post - this one:
Commodore Amazing wrote:vote: Nightfall. I'd vote for mikeburnfire since getting rid of the mafia roleblocker is better, but I know that the vig and the masons might want to keep mikeburnfire around on the off chance that he's town and that he'll save us if we're wrong about Nightfall.
and say how I didn't get why it was scummy, when I finally got it. I think there are actually 2 points. First is the very basic one that if Nightfall turned out to be innocent then there is no way that the committee would want to keep mikeburnfire alive. Secondly, I did the math. The basic assmption is that the lynching commitee are all pro-town. Then, if Nightfall and mikeburnfire are also pro-town - which is a the basis for this comment - then Commodore must be scum. Sorry I was being so dense.

BTW, I don't buy Commodore's "from the committee's perspective" argument. No one ever proposed a plan which assumed that they were scum.

Do you guys still want me to vote for mikeburnfire?
I give up. I was wrong about why you should want to vote for mikeburnfire or Nightfall or whatever I was talking about. Go ahead and vig me. I'm still pretty sure that Seol and Nightfall are scum. At least I got that one right.

I hereby use my townieness to endorse Mr Stoofer after I die. Please don't dismiss this when I'm dead with, "Yeah, CA felt that Seol and Nightfall were scum, but he's a freaking idiot."

New rule for the wiki: mistakes don't make someone a scum. Changing the bandwagon from your scum buddy to the doc day one makes you a scum.

Actually, I think that might already be on the wiki, something about how scum have a better idea of what's going on, so they don't make as many mistakes. I'd have to be a genius to make this many mistakes as mafia.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #457 (isolation #40) » Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:57 am

Falcone wrote:Mike: Sorry if you really were pro-town, but I don't agree that lynching you was stupid. We can't let a potential mafia blocker alive, and by lynching you and vig-killing Nightfall if necessary, we guarantee that we're in the game tomorrow. That's the most important reason for your lynch, your scumminess is only second.
You should always lynch the player that's most likely to be scum. We're not sure that MBF is scum role-blocker; it could be that one of the other scum told him to claim that. I would have brought this up, except then you would have lynched me, and we would have lost.
Oh, and a big thumbs upto d8P for going to such lengths to help me prove my innocence in case of his dead.
I think we would have figured it out. Besides me, you were the only person that neither voted for a mason or was voted by a mason. And I'm pro-town, so I wouldn't have contradicted you.

Anyway, I hope Seol and Nightfall are next in line to get lynched. Stewie, if possible, I request to be killed by explosion. If you really don't like me, though, you can ask the mod to kill me with staples. That would probably hurt.

Good luck, town! Image
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #465 (isolation #41) » Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:42 am

Oh, wow. And I'll bet Seol and Nightfall were all prepared to launch an attack at Mr Stoofer today. This is awesome. Thanks for the endorsement, Stewie. I'll try not to let you down.

Lots of stuff I could say; let's laugh at Nightfall's "cop investigations" first.

I won't be online much over the weekend.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #516 (isolation #42) » Sun Nov 20, 2005 7:01 am

I'm really not a fan of mason mafia members, especially when one of the masons confirms the scum mason before he dies.

I had thought that d8P's extra voting restriction was odd, but there was no way I was going to go down that road as long as ChocoCid had confirmed him AND I was under fire for lots of other reasons. Casting suspicion on a mason was \just asking to get lynched.

Still surprised that Seol was not scum (such a poor record this game; wrong about viQLeS, then names three non-scum as his proposed scum group, then keeps on after me). I felt that he (and others) had unwarranted suspicion of me.

@Falcone - Don't worry about the lynch; even if I had convinced you I wasn't scum, I would have only been able to do it by talking you into lynching Seol. I'm surprised you thought I was scum after Stewie didn't vig me. I don't believe a scum would post anytning if he knew he was going to get vigged; he'd just risk giving something away. And I never make mistakes as scum; I suppose now I'll have to.

Yes, I was "knew" that Nightfall and mikeburnfire were both scum, but I also "knew" that Seol was scum. I'm surprised Stoofer and I were the only ones who thought they were working together. Stoofer! I needed you to have my back! Where were you?

Nice effort, town. We were doomed from night one.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”