d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #29 (isolation #0) » Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:11 am

Post by d8P »

Sorry. I've been away again. Just got back from attending a funeral in Ireland. Read things on Friday, but had a 28kbps connection.

Back to 1Mbps land!

I don't fancy throwing votes around willynilly at the mo, tho. I'll wait till viQles answers and see what the general reaction is.

I will say I misunderstood the basic in Basic Mafia, though. I thought this was just going to be plain townies vs mafia.
[size=75]-POST NO BULLS-[/size]
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #44 (isolation #1) » Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:47 am

Post by d8P »

Commodore, having openly commited one count: Irrelevant Digression, you are hereby sentenced without trial to ten posts of hard labour forthwith elminating all jocularity, blah henceforth blah aforementioned blah.

I think it's cool to start off a game by messing around, especially if we're just waiting around for everybody (or somebody in particular *cough*). I mean if you can't be friendly, chat and have a laugh with people who're going to shoot, lynch and otherwise help you shuffle off your mortal coil, then er... Wait. I mean, if you're going to be murdered or have your friends turn against you, you should at least enjoy yourself. Hmm. Nope - that's no better. Fighting for your life can lose its appeal if you're not doing it amongst friends? Ah! That's it!

I'm from Ireland, living in Germany, moving back next year, will live in Florence some time after I finish college.
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #47 (isolation #2) » Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:39 am

Post by d8P »

Re: "bluff" - one word, Sineish: Nope, sorry. (OK... two words!)
[aside]Good grief! I think I'll leave that sentence as it is. Look at all that punctuation![/aside]

Actually, I asked the mod before the game "how many townies and how many mafia" there are in the game, meaning what ratio, and said I was surprised because I'd never seen a pure 12 person game start with day.

He said the mix of roles meant that starting with day was the only way to make the game balanced and I should mind my own beeswax. I said thanks but someone stole my hive last Spring and asked if I could borrow some of his to cover till I get more. He said he'd do so only if I promised to mind it better than I minded my own :)
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #60 (isolation #3) » Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:12 am

Post by d8P »

Though it's only the odd vote at the moment I think we have a situation here (whatever that means), and I'd like it to defuse. I'll feel responsible for dividing the town on an out of game issue if this escalates, which it will by half once scum get wind of it.

Anyway I note that KingEnigma is lurking so
FoS: KingEnigma
for that.
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #61 (isolation #4) » Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:17 pm

Post by d8P »

Oh, that was a simul-post. I was waiting for town input and didn't know you had a post in front of my last.

To go back a bit - in refrence to what Falcone asked: it's just that we start with an advantage, as Mr Stoofer said - an extra townie.

Mr S's second point is not as much of a disadvantage as it may sound, since when the game starts with night cops have nothing to check their sanity against which means they shouldn't trust their results after night one anyway unless they chose the person killed, in which case all they know is their sanity and they still can't be sure of that (finding townie = innocent doesn't mean cop = sane: it could mean cop = naive, or worse; cop = random if mod = evil).

Is that one sentence? It's definitely an unusual paragraph anyway. There are like 52,24
words in there. Does it make sense to the rest of you?
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #64 (isolation #5) » Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:25 am

Post by d8P »

I have to replace a friend from work who's fallen ill. I will be at a kids' camp 16th - 22nd October. I may have some access but it will be intermittent at best.
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #67 (isolation #6) » Sat Oct 15, 2005 7:14 am

Post by d8P »

It should be no problem for me to read everything that goes on, but I'm not sure that I'll be able to analyse everything well enough to post coherently, so it's up to you. If you'd like to replace I'll
hate you forever
respect your decision.
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #71 (isolation #7) » Sat Oct 15, 2005 10:42 pm

Post by d8P »

Can't ask for fairer, mod. Will check as often as I can.
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #114 (isolation #8) » Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:29 am

Post by d8P »

I'm going to
vote: Stewie
who is normally much more active and has contributed absolutely nothing useful. It's even worsre than ibaesha outlined - check his posts out.
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #163 (isolation #9) » Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:56 am

Post by d8P »

Back from Kids Camp and rereading thread.
Asking mod for an extension
is a smart move anyway.
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #167 (isolation #10) » Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:13 am

Post by d8P »

*steps forward*

Refer to this post and look at the first letters of each of the first eight words.

I don't think there's any need for mason 3 to come forward yet though. Two innocents is enough for one day.

I have hidden the other mason's name in what I've posted and can tell him/her how to reveal it in the case of our deaths (which will prove his/her innocence).
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #170 (isolation #11) » Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:37 am

Post by d8P »

You posted while I was typing my last.

I suspected he wouldn't be believed. If scum were to claim mason in a game where there were none, no-one would contradict them.
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #184 (isolation #12) » Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:20 am

Post by d8P »

Hmm. Apologies are due.

In retrospect, that was pretty dumb. I acted rashly because I felt obliged to make up for lost time after having been away and because I was afraid people wouldn't read over the weekend and we'd reach the deadline, yadda yadda. I should have waited to see whether he'd be believed.

Anyway, back for good. No more rashness from me. I am the epitome of calm.

I'm perfectly happy with my vote on Stewie - he keeps changing his vote to whoever has the most to save himself, and people who were voting for Choco have switched to Nightfall. Apart from those points, I think the argument against Nightfall is the same as the argument against Stewie, though so I think it's definitely worth discussing.

Deadline is Tuesday, October 25, 4pm Eastern.
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #202 (isolation #13) » Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:00 am

Post by d8P »

d8p: do you agree with Choco's analysis? Does your PM clear him?
Sorry, Choco, but mine is different. I see no harm in revealing that I have a restriction. Mine says I can speak to the others at night but I can't vote more than fifteen times in the game. Then it says that apart from that I'm a plain old townie (without mentioning the other masons).

Doesn't mention anything about what will happen if I try to vote a 16th time, though.
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #217 (isolation #14) » Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:51 am

Post by d8P »

The mod even bolded the warning which mentioned it and said I should therefore not place my votes haphazardly. ~shrug~

The deadline already was extended, NF.
vikingfan wrote:I'm going to extend this deadline
exactly 48 hours
. Which means you have now until Thursday afternoon 4 pm Eastern.
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #239 (isolation #15) » Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:53 am

Post by d8P »

Woah. I don't want to tell anyone how to play,...er, but! vIQles you practically wrote: "I'm the godfather. Cop, please investigate me and expose yourself so you can clear me, and so I can kill you, then I can coast to the endgame."

unvote: Stewie, VOS: vIQles

(Thanks, Stewie and Chococid.)
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #244 (isolation #16) » Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:43 am

Post by d8P »

Miscounting is understandable but inexcusable when the post directly before your own shows the count. Admittedly here it was another player, but other players on this page have also made vote counts (CA even listed the voters).

It looks like you
  • are trying to hurry a lynch seems to me like a scummy thing to do and makes me feel uncomfortable about voting Nightfall.
  • haven't read the posts on this page. This doesn't show anything definitive except bad form.
  • are trying to alienate yourself from fellow scum by demonstrating how scummy they sound. In this case the only way to do it was for you to parrot what others had written on the matter, which would sound weak unless you could imply you hadn't read other people's posts...
Whichever it is
FoS: Sineish
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #249 (isolation #17) » Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:16 am

Post by d8P »

Actually that should read "are trying to hurry a lynch
, which
seems to me like a scummy thing to do and makes me feel uncomfortable about voting
Nightfall
vIQles
, and wonder whether Nightfall is the better choice"

That's what I get for trying to edit on preview and fool around with things humans are not meant to wot of; namely the ordered list thing.
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #273 (isolation #18) » Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:23 pm

Post by d8P »

(Npot - I'm sorry to hear of your loss vIQles. Please accept my condolences.)

To avenge Choco I'll be voting either Sineish or Nightfall, who he considered probably scum.
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #275 (isolation #19) » Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:59 am

Post by d8P »

FoS: Sineish
- are you defending Nightfall?

They may have picked Choco off because he was a confirmed innocent, in which case I'll probably be next. But it could be for other reasons -
1) One of the masons is scum, which is very unlikely considering what Choco's role PM said (I was a bit suspect of Choco because mine didn't say anything that cleared the other masons, but he's fully cleared now, so I guess I'm too paranoid).
2) The scum wanted to cast suspicion on the other masons, in which case they seriously fouled up, again because of Choco's PM.
3) They're inexperienced.

None of these answers why they didn't choose me. I was pretty sure it would be me. Anyway, the other mason knows how to prove his/her innocence in the case of my death.

May turn that FoS into a VoS on rereading.
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #300 (isolation #20) » Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:37 am

Post by d8P »

The case against ibaesha:
ibaesha, normally so quick to see connections, made no bones about Sineish miscounting yesterday, merely corrected him. If Sineish is scum (see below), was ibaesha correcting him without concluding anything because she thought it was an honest mistake, or because she didn't want suspicion drawn on Sineish for an accidental lynch due to his misrepresentation of the count?

The case against Nightfall:
Low level of contribution, lurking (until called upon to account for lack of contrib), first game related post containing weakish reasoning, escape from lynch without having to claim.

The case against Seol:
Was reluctant to vote Nightfall yesterday, was responsible for turning attention on vIQles (though we all had a share in the lynch, obviously, excluding Falcone, Stewie, mikeburnfire and Nightfall), was first to dismiss doctor claim, has made sweeping statements today fingering three players without giving support to his claims.

The case against Sineish:
His misrepresentation of the count could have led to the doctor being lynched accidentally. Considering the count was correctly stated in the post prior to Sineish's makes me wonder, as does his explanation. As does this:
Sineish wrote:What's more likely, that I deliberately mis-represented the lynch position in a situation where d8P had already placed a VOS, that, were it a vote, my vote would have been the lynching vote, or that I was stupid and miscounted. What benefit was there in misleading people when vIQles's lynch was inevitable?
No, it's most likely that you were trying to misrepresent the number of people who were voting to have the next voter think it was safe to vote without lynching anyone.

You already claimed that you'd read the post before yours and misinterpreted it to mean "ibaesha's total had included" my VoS.

Now you defend yourself by asking "Which is more likely, scenario A, which, if different it would have been scenario C, or B?"

A -
1. we were two away from lynch before your vote
2. your vote meant we were one away but you miscounted on purpose
so...3. you are scum

B -
1. you misinterpreted ibaesha's comment "vote: vIQles, that's five", so you miscounted accidentally
2. you are town

Your reasoning for it not being A is that if it had been different (i.e. if my VoS had counted) it would have been
C -
1. we were one away from lynch before your vote
2. your vote was the lynching vote
so...3. you are town

It seems clear to me this is an attempt to confuse the issue.
Sineish wrote:ChocoCid's claim was far from 100%, and it was only the first night. As things now stand, the third mason can basically confirm themselves as 100% innocent, which will be of huge advantage to the town in an endgame scenario. By keeping ChocoCid alive, this third mason could have been forced to support ChocoCid earlier, especially if they had killed d8P instead. If I had had the choice, and, if he were not scum, I would have chosen Seol last night.
How was he "far from 100%" when I'd confirmed him as mason? Was it likely that for the first time in mafia history, scum had claimed mason on day one?

I can see that if I had been killed instead it wouldn't have cleared Choco to the same degree because of my role pm being different to his, but surely it would have meant he'd be given the benefit of the doubt until the endgame? How, in other words, would the third mason coming out have any relevance after my death? Why would they have to come forward in support after I had already done so on his behalf?

The last part seems like "I would have chosen Seol. Seol is still alive. Therefore I can't be scum."

Anyway, will have to finish this later. I haven't even looked at the last ten posts or so. :roll:
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #303 (isolation #21) » Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:29 am

Post by d8P »

Oh, yeah.
VoS: Sineish

I'll have to read page 12 tomorrow.
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #308 (isolation #22) » Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:57 am

Post by d8P »

OK, I've read the rest of page 12 and am still happy with my VoS. Duh.

I'll add another
FoS: Nightfall
because it seems to me like Sineish was defending you here:
Sineish wrote:I think the speed of vIQles's bandwagon was precisely to ensure that there was a lynch. If he had not been there, I'm sure Nightfall's bandwagon would have been just as quick nearer the deadline.
I mentioned this earlier, but only phrased it as a question to Sineish. It should be added to his case. If Sineish turns out to be scum I think Nightfall is our safest bet tomorrow.
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #312 (isolation #23) » Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:41 am

Post by d8P »

"My claim of townie"? If you were townie, wouldn't that be "the fact that I am a townie..."?

And that is only one of the points levelled at you. What about the rest of it Sineish?
vote: Sineish

This is the fifth vote of six.
Mkay?
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #314 (isolation #24) » Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:48 am

Post by d8P »

Thanks mod. That wasn't directed at you, though :)
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #316 (isolation #25) » Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:33 am

Post by d8P »

unvote: Sineish

I've been having problems connecting for the last few minutes.
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #329 (isolation #26) » Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:42 am

Post by d8P »

Sineish is still the scummiest by far, and I can't imagine anyone else catching up.

Assuming Sineish is scum, I think you should go after Nightfall tomorrow.
Vote: Sineish
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #363 (isolation #27) » Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:22 am

Post by d8P »

:shock: It's a good job I popped in to say good luck. I was positive I'd be killed.

Sheesh. I'll have to reread. I didn't really put much effort in after yesterday's lynch (sorry, partner). I just mentioned what suspicions I could remember without trawling through the thread as I normally do.

Any bets the scum have a rolefinder. Or they got extremely lucky with a risky play instead of the safer, long term strategy.

Anyway, we need to no lynch today, obviously.
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #369 (isolation #28) » Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:21 am

Post by d8P »

I'm always biased in favour of unorthodox play when it gives us an advantage.

Stewie's plan works, assuming for a moment he is a one shot vig.

A mafia roleblocker would not be good for us at all, but I feel relatively certain that there is a mafia rolefinder, because of the death of ibaesha. It seems too much of a coincidence otherwise. I'm also sure that the scum would be too powerful with a rolefinder and a roleblocker, especially since our vig is a one-shot.

Now let's assume he isn't. He has proposed a plan that would involve a lynch Day 3 and a scum kill Night 3. If we lynch incorrectly, that would mean 3 town: 3 scum left on Day 4 = scum win. His plan is a premature lynch-or-lose.

If we lynch...
...and he's telling the truth
Day 3: 8 players -1 lynchee (best case - 2 scum:5 town, worst case - 3 scum:4 town),
Night 3: 7 players -1 vigtarget, -1 scumkill (bc - 1s:4t, wc - 3s:2t scum win)

...and he's lying
Day 3: 8 players -1 lynchee (bc – 2s:5t, wc – 3s:4t),
Night 3: 7 players -1 scumkill (bc - 2s:4t, wc - 3s:3t scum win)

If we nolynch but ask him to kill…
...and he's telling the truth
Day 3: 8 players (3s:5t),
Night 3: 8 players -1 vigtarget, -1 scumkill (bc - 2s:4t, wc - 3s:3t scum win)

...and he's lying
Day 3: 8 players (3 scum:5 town),
Night 3: 8 players -1 scumkill (3s:4t)
Day 4: 7 players. We know he lied and lynch him. (2s:4t)
Night 4: -1 scumkill (2s:3t)

This suggests very strongly that he’s town. I can’t see him proposing a risky plan like the one he has if he were scum. Anyone as experienced as he is wouldn’t risk being asked to prove his ability overnight unless it gave the scum serious advantage which it doesn’t. He did suggest lynching someone today which seems scummy, but scum wouldn’t expect the town to go along with a dangerous play.

But if we no lynch Day 3 and ask him not to target anyone Night 3
Day 3: 8 players (3s:5t)
Night 3: 8 players -1 scumkill (3s:4t)

Assuming he's left alive
Day 4: 7 players -1 lynchee (bc - 2s:4t, wc - 3s:3t)
Night 4: 6 players -1 vigkill, -1 scumkill (bc - 1s:3t, wc - 2s:2t scum win)

Assuming he's killed N3 or lying or doesn't target anyone night 4:
Day 4: 7 players -1 lynchee (bc - 2s:4t, wc - 3s:3t)
Night 4: 6 players -1 scumkill (bc - 2s:3t, wc - 3s:2t scum win)

How can we increase the odds so we get best-case scenarios or at least avoid worst case scenarios? Mass role claim? I was kinda hoping the town has a few power roles left in which case mass claiming is a very bad idea :/ If there are other power roles, though, it would mean the figures above could be wrong, too.

I'm stuck in a WIFOM loop on Stewie.
A. If he's scum he claimed this to encourage us to lynch by making us think we have 3 knwon townies.
B. If he's scum he took a very big risk - the town could challenge him to make a kill tonight instead of lynching (lynching him tomorrow if he doesn't come through).
C. Which makes it seem more likely he's town.
D. Which makes it less risky for him to claim what he did.

Otherwise, that'd be my recommendation - that we test whether he's telling the truth. We'd have to get it right though (OK that would have been the scenario tomorrow without a vig). The only difference is the odds.

Giving him the benefit of the doubt, if Stewie knows the name of the other mason, he has a 60% chance of hitting scum, which is exactly the same as no lynch without vig kill (i.e. when we lynch day 4 it'd be 3s:4t, two of whom are confirmed, as I assume I'll no longer be the target tonight).If he doesn't, the odds are worse for us than no lynch, no kill. Of course this doesn't take into account that Stewie might be more likely to target the correct players because of how suspicious they are.

OK. That's enough for now. Thoughts?
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #372 (isolation #29) » Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:04 am

Post by d8P »

Stewie wrote:I am going to come out because I think it's the best for the town right now <snip> The reason I am coming out is that with this new information, it is not the best idea to no lynch.<snip> but the deal is that we are much better of getting two "lynches" (we decide who I should kill and then lynch someone else, and I kill at night) rather than going no lynch
This *does* work. I should've looked at our odds of success earlier rather than at best/worst case scenarios.

Most likely, 3 out of 8 voters are scum so our voting process is really corrupt, but hopefully our joint ability to analyse the game will mean we can balance it out.

If we vote for 2 people (lynchee and vig target), the odds of one of them being scum is 50% assuming we don't lynch or vig kill me or Stewie. (This improves to 75% if the other mason is also not counted as a target). If this happens, tomorrow it'll be 2s:3t, but with 2 known townies (me and other, or Stewie and other [or some 2 of the 3 of us if other comes out today]).

The odds that both of our targets are scum is 20% (or 30%). Then there'd only be 1 scum tomorrow and 4 townies (of which 2 knowns).

Of course, these odds do not account for factors like how good we are at reading each other or what happens when we go after the two scummiest.

So this is looking very tempting after all. I don't like the 50% plan, but we can talk about who to lynch and vig.

Stewie: I'll let you know if I'm not happy with your target, OK? That way we have the 75%. And congrats. You may have just saved us the game.
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #378 (isolation #30) » Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:20 am

Post by d8P »

It's up to the other mason whether he wants to come out or not. (Personally, I was kinda hoping to be dead when it happened so he could use the post signs *sigh*)
mikeburnfire wrote:Perhaps the mafia wanted to draw suspicion onto d8p, and happened to hit the cop by pure chance. d8p could be a corrupt mafia, but that's almost almost as implausible as a mafia role inspector. I've never played a game with either kind of role, and I doubt either one would be in a minimafia, so I'm going to assume the mafia wanted to draw suspicion on d8p. Everyone was talking about corrupt mafia, so that just makes is easier to suspect d8p when he lives through the night.
I think you're barking up the wrong tree there, mike. The mafia would know that I'm above suspicion. The two living masons are 100% cleared by Choco's testimony on day one about his PM - "It says we can speak with each other at night, but are ordinary townies outside of that ability."

That was why I was so surprised that I wasn't dead - the scum don't have a hope of making us look suspicious. *And* the player they hit instead was the cop. The odds were just 1 in 5 (or 2 in 5 if they were trying to get the cop or a vig), so I don't think it was a random potshot. It seems more probable to me they have a rolefinder or whatever that's called now. I haven't seen it in other minis either, though. ~shrug~
Mr. Stoofer wrote:To prevent scum corrupting the vote. I suggest that d8P, Stewie and the 3rd mason decide between them who are the ones to be lynched/vigged and the rest of us just vote to put this into effect
I agree with this but I think Stewie, the other mason and I should hold off on our suspicions for a while. Let the town voice their suspicions without us influencing it. Then we put forward our suspicions and decide what to do. This should give us the chance to decide without being coaxed in the wrong direction by the scum.

I would like to hear who each of you thinks is suspicious and why, what you think of Stewie's plan and whether you are scum.
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #391 (isolation #31) » Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:29 pm

Post by d8P »

Yes, you could mike, but it might be better if everyone waited before claiming. Are there any objections to my deciding the order? If not, then I suggest we go with the most starting with Seol, Commodre, and Nightfall.
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #423 (isolation #32) » Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:35 am

Post by d8P »

I anagrammed Falcone's name in the same post as the one where I mentioned Choco. (game post 44, or post subject: 1 filtered for just mine)
Fighting for your li
fe can lo
se its appeal if you're not doing it amongst friends? Ah! That's it!
The e in the anagram is the 52nd e of the post.
Then I anagrammed it again in game post 60 or, filtered, post subject 3.
I'll feel responsible for dividing the town on an out of game issue if this escalates, which it will by h
alf once
scum get wind of it.
This time the e is the 24th e of the post, and finally I put his name as the 4th e of game post 61 (filtered post 4)

Extra clues:
I worded that post to have no e's before the word reference in that post, which I deliberately misspelled. I used the words "unusual paragraph" which is the title of a very famous puzzle in the form of a paragraph with no e's. Finally I referenced the positions of the e's in the number 52,244. Press the quote button on post 61 and you'll see that the 4 is special: it looks like this: 52,24[*color=black]4[/*color] without the asterisks. This was to divide the number into the blocks 52, 24, 4 - the positions of the e's in the three posts I've mentioned here.

OK, maybe I got a bit carried away, but I couldn't help it once I'd started. :P Besides I wanted to use a completely different method to hide your name but felt just anagramming it might not be enough.

Either 1. mike or 2. NF is scum or 3. they both are. I think it'd be ridiculous play for them to counter claim each other without the need, so I'm ruling out number three provisionally. If the one we lynch turns out town, Stewie should vig kill the other.

Both have given plausible reasons for their night actions. Neither of them needed to claim what they did.

I think the safest play is to lynch the blocker, as Stewie wouldn't be able to vig him should NF turn out town.

Now for our three "townies", CA, Seol and Stoofer. This makes two of them scum.

If we only lynch today and Stewie dies, as no doubt he will since he'd be too much of a threat to scum, we're in a worse position tomorrow (2 confirmed townies out of six, possibly 3 if we include the one we don't lynch today, and 2 scum). This means we'd have to lynch or lose tomorrow, without back up. And we're back to having 50-50 odds of hitting scum.
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #435 (isolation #33) » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:04 am

Post by d8P »

I agree. Lynching mike is the way forward, vigging NF if he turns out innocent, CA if he's scum.

This also gives us the best chances for tomorrow. If Stewie has to kill tonight, he'll be conifirmed, but the scum are more likely to kill NF (unless they *know* he's naive for example) since Stewie will no longer be able to kill.

Vote Mike

Added on preview: That was an excellent observation, Seol. It's a pity Falcone already made it :P
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #439 (isolation #34) » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:07 am

Post by d8P »

Heh. Simulpost, and I guess it's obvious that I think NF isn't scum but mike is :)
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #442 (isolation #35) » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:12 am

Post by d8P »

Investigating Seol will give us the most info, Nightfall regardless of your sanity or comepetence. We need more to interpret it. How we deal with that info is another matter. I doubt you'll live to tell us, anyway.
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #460 (isolation #36) » Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:22 am

Post by d8P »

Pity we haven't heard from Stewie since the proposal. I'd like to know for certain that he'll do it. Hope he gets here to confirm before vikingfan does.
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #470 (isolation #37) » Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:41 pm

Post by d8P »

What on Earth? I think Stewie thought about this and came up with a different plan. It has to be foolproof, or he wouldn't have changed. How did he come up with the idea to vig kill Stoofer? I'm going to try and put myself in his shoes and come up with a very good reason for it.

NF (despite the actual result from last night) bravo. That plan would have been perfect, and I know I never could have come up with it if I were scum masquerading as a cop - only if I genuinely were a cop. If you're scum, you deserve to win for formulating that plan... and I'll push for your lynch day one in every game we play together from now on because it'll be safer that way.

I'm going to reread to see if I can find what Stewie was thinking, but I think Stewie's action is a blessing in disguise. I feel way more confident about lynching today. I think we can't really go wrong.
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #472 (isolation #38) » Sat Nov 19, 2005 8:38 am

Post by d8P »

Hm. Well I can't say I agree with Stewie's tactics at all. The fact that NF has shown himself to be innocent wasn't a given.

Anyway, I suppose we can lynch CA first.
Vote Commodore Amazing
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #475 (isolation #39) » Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:58 am

Post by d8P »

Actually, I meant that you *have* shown yourself to be town, or at least, that's how it seems to me. The fact that you fully analysed the situation and came up with a plan for optimal play suggests that you're on the level.
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #480 (isolation #40) » Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:47 am

Post by d8P »

I realise it's not proof or anything, but NF has been consistent with his claim since the start of the game which is more than I can say for you or Commodore. You were both on the bw's that lynched our doc. You both refused to accept the doc's claim and wanted to go ahead with the lynch.
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #481 (isolation #41) » Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:50 am

Post by d8P »

And, on reread, you were both on the bw lynched Sineish.

[on preview]
Oh that's it already? I'll stop there as we can talk about it tomorrow, and if I'm dead by then, I'm just wasting my breath here anyway.
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #492 (isolation #42) » Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:21 pm

Post by d8P »

w00t!
Someone ought to tell Chococid how to read role PMs.
No way! That was the best bit about this game :)

I realised I'd made a mistake in coming out directly after he claimed and I could have kissed him when he cleared me. I had thought I'd wasted a perfect opportunity to coast right to the endgame when he pulled that out.

Falcone if it makes you feel any better I once played with Jeep as my mason partner (it turned out he was the GF). I had to vouch for his innocence despite my suspicions to the contrary. I must have read my role pm about a thousand times, but like you there was nothing I could do.

Great game, VK. I felt before knowing the roles (specifically that Seol took over as doc) that the game was balanced in our favour. Now I see that CC's pm didn't clear me and that Seol wasn't a vanilla townie. If CC hadn't been confused and we hadn't targetted ibaesha or lynched the doc day one it would have been an entirely different game.
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #496 (isolation #43) » Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:33 pm

Post by d8P »

Night 1
I wrote:Can we do this via email? Mine is <snip>, mike's is <snip>
To my masons I wrote:I totally agree about vIQles. I understand his mind was elsewhere and I feel for him, though.

And since vIQles turned out innocent, I'm pretty much convinced that Sineish is scum. I knew there was something up when he miscounted, but thought it was too obvious to be real.

As for where I hid you, Falcone, I anagrammed your name in the same post as the one where I mentioned Choco. (game post 44, or post subject: 1 filtered for just mine)
Quote:
Fighting for your life can lose its appeal if you're not doing it amongst friends? Ah! That's it!
The e in the anagram is the 52nd e of the post.
Then I anagrammed it again in (game post 60 or, filtered, post subject 3)
Quote:
I'll feel responsible for dividing the town on an out of game issue if this escalates, which it will by half once scum get wind of it.

This time the e is the 24th e of the post, and finally I put your name as the 4th e of game post 61 (filtered post 4)

Extra clues:
I worded that post to have no e's before the word reference in that post, which I deliberately misspelled. I used the words "unusual paragraph" which is the title of a very famous puzzle in the form of a paragraph with no e's. Finally I referenced the positions of the e's in the number 52,244. Press the quote button on post 61 and you'll see that the 4 is special: it looks like this: 52,24[*color=black]4[/*color] without the asterisks. This was to divide the number into the blocks 52, 24, 4 - the positions of the e's in the three posts I've mentioned here.

OK, maybe I got a bit carried away, but I couldn't help it once I'd started. Razz Besides I wanted to use a completely different method to hide your name but felt just anagramming it might not be enough.

So, yeah. Use this in the event of our deaths to clear your name. If they don't believe you, they're definitely scum Smile

What do you guys think about Sineish?

CC: Falcone

I can send the rest of our night talk via email when there's more.

Down to business, who do you think we should kill? I think it should be Chococid - a proven innocent. We'll have to bw Sineish without killing him to have another innocent (apart from me I mean Smile) to kill tomorrow night I think. Maybe we'll get lucky and have two bws tomorrow.

Nightfall, I'd say you could be next in line for a bw (because yours failed today) so any thoughts on what you'll claim?

Nearly forgot. Mike you're a roleblocker. Thoughts on who to block?

CC: mikeburnfire
mbf wrote:Things are going swimmingly.

Target ChocoCid? Sounds good. And what's a 'bw'? "We'll have to bw Sineish without killing him to have another innocent"

I honestly don't know who I'll block. Got any ideas?
Nightfall wrote:I agree with the Chococid nightkill. I am hoping that our cop is investigating me tonight so that I'll come up innocent, and it will help to clear me during my lynching bandwagon tommorow. As for a claim, I am not sure what to claim yet really. This game is a regular roles mafia, so I can't really make up anything special like I normaly do.... I was thinking maybe claiming to be another cop. Would it be that likely do you think that there would be one sane cop, and one crazy cop in this game? then again, they might just lynch me if I claim the same as someone else, without even thinking about it... Do you have an idea on what I should claim?

P.S. Would it be best if I did the kill? I will be gone for about a 24hr period starting about 5 hours from now though. I can send in the choice once I get back. I would think I'd have that long to send in the night kill choice, but if it turns out that for some reason I don't D8p, could you tell the mod for me?
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #502 (isolation #44) » Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:03 pm

Post by d8P »

Night 3
I wrote:What happened? Why did mike flip out like that? We had it in the bag.

Ah well. You're fairly clear now anyway.
All we have to do is kill Stewie and vote for Seol tomorrow.
As long as we don't vote for each other we'll be fine.

Thankfully the town went along with the plan to vig kill tonight, or we'd have been in trouble. This way we still eliminate two for one. More later.
NF wrote:wait, if we kill Stewie will his kill still go through?
It might be better for us to kill off Falcone.

As for Mike, I have no clue what happened, I slaped my head when he claimed.
I was really surprised he forgot which night we were to pretend that he blocked me on.
I wrote:His kill will go through. Nothing to worry about there. We could kill Falcone but I think we'd be better off killing Stewie, who will prove his loyalty beyond any doubt tonight. Anyway I'll have some sway over Falcone's vote...

Tomorrow we should play it cool, stick to our stories, lynch Seol and win the game :)

<I quote Falcone and my response>

We nearly home and dry (again) :D
NF wrote:I say you submit the kill for Stewie then, but in the same pm/email make sure that it will not affect his kill. We need that kill. P.S. I'm going to get a guilty result on Seol.

I just thought of something. I'm going to say that I investigated Falcone, in order to check my sanity. I'll say I found him guilty, and I'll either vote for Stoofer or I will give him a big FOS.

The reason I am thinking I REALLY should do this is because if I don't I will be falling into the same trap that everyone thought CA did.

If I was to investigate Seol and find him guilty, that would mean that either him or Stoofer were scum. But then that would also mean that the other one wasn't. Therefore our third scum would have to be between you falcone and I, which If I were a true cop, and you a true mason, wouldn't make sense. I'm pretty sure that any of the three of them would be able to figure it out sooner rather than late and in enough time to avoid lynching their fellow townie. I would then end up being exposed too.
I wrote:OK, good call. No sense in overdoing it either.

We're looking rosy.

Nightfall wrote:d8P I guess from now on, if I die night 0, I should assume your mafia?
No, no, no. If you do it's clear I'm being set up. By Falcone. :wink:
Falcone wrote:I'll never trust another word you guys tell me in a game of mafia
Wha...? Being mafia is like being hit by lightning, Falcone. It never strikes the same player twice. I swear. :twisted:
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #504 (isolation #45) » Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by d8P »

"Flip out" was a bit strong, sorry mike. I just couldn't figure out why you'd gone against what you and NF had arranged, claimed early and kept fighting NF's claim. I thought you knew he'd been hiding clues.

Oh, I nearly forgot about this.
I wrote:I will say I misunderstood the basic in Basic Mafia, though. I thought this was just going to be plain townies vs mafia.
I was trying to get you all to bw me so I could claim mason. I thought better of attracting suspicion right from the start though, and
to cover it up, I wrote:Actually, I asked the mod before the game "how many townies and how many mafia" there are in the game, meaning what ratio, and said I was surprised because I'd never seen a pure 12 person game start with day.

He said the mix of roles meant that starting with day was the only way to make the game balanced and I should mind my own beeswax. I said thanks but someone stole my hive last Spring and asked if I could borrow some of his to cover till I get more. He said he'd do so only if I promised to mind it better than I minded my own :)
...all of which was made up.
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #514 (isolation #46) » Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:59 am

Post by d8P »

You can converse with them at night but are otherwise ordinary townies
The grammar in this sentence is incorrect, so my first thought would be to ask the mod for clarification. ~shrug~

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”