Mini 1140 - Mafia Mishmash...Game Over!!

Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1120 (isolation #0) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:30 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

Hey all. I tend not to read very rigorously when replacing into games where there are no mafia flips. I will skim the game, take a closer look at D3. If there are any claims, or anything important I should know immediately, I would be grateful if someone could fill me in as I see deadline is soon.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1121 (isolation #1) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:11 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

Ugh, I'm not really sure why so many posts are edited by mod, I guess some funny business was up or whatever. This makes this game extremely difficult as both lynches are certainly feasible for town members to join. As I said, I'm only really going to read D3.

vollkan's NL is bad. CKD said that vollkan is experienced. If true, this makes no sense unless you know about the setup. I would be more weary of a MYLO situation if there wasn't a third party, but we have no idea how many scum exist.

Haylen stalling using her one-shot is also suspect. The fact that she is still alive is also suspect. It's a mini game. You don't have ample opportunities to use your shot. Especially when your claim is out there. I understand the theory behind wanting to use it MYLO, LYLO. But you are exposed.

Also the pappums kill N1 was really random. Yeah its gigantic WIFOM but at this point we have little to go on with crappy lynches of crappy players. pappums was only suspicious of Haylen's slot.
bgg1996 wrote:
I'm not sure how it works, if you just need any scum to redirect the kill, it's 3 town (not including me or you) to 3 mafia right now. If we lynch a mafia, it's 3 town to 2 mafia. If we don't lynch a mafia, we all die. Of course, if you need
the
scum, that's a different story. Especially since, if I remember correctly, it's usually a godfather that redirects kills, and that would make me a better target than anyone. Don't take that the wrong way, though, I'm on the side of the town.
How do you know there are 3 mafia? Seems like a potential slip here. Also do not like the confirming of Haylen here. My guess is it bgg flips scum, Haylen is town. REALLY hate the reassurance at there "though I'm on the side of town". Completely unnecessary attempt to portray yourself as town. This is the scummiest thing I've seen thus far. But I see the cop softlclaim that bgg is town. Obviously a GF possible, but certainly not worth pursuing at this point.

Hate the CMAR JK claim. JK is always a scum fake claim I feel. I don't like the appeal to emotion either. SORRY HAD TO CLAIM BC IVE PLAYED SO BADLY SORRY SORRY SORRY

I highly doubt both CMAR and Haylen are town/town or scum/scum.

Alright after all that, WE ARE THREE DAYS TO DEADLINE. There are FOUR people not voting. This is unacceptable. vollkan is surely scum. The NL idea is awful, just puts us in the same spot tomorrow down a town member most likely.

Vote: vollkan
in case I need to revote. I would be willing to lynch him or CMAR today.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1125 (isolation #2) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:15 pm

Post by Scott Brosius »

About the Haylen being suspicious being alive, I wrote that before I saw the cop softclaim. So that point no longer applies, I was posting my thoughts as I read through D3 did not realize the cop softclaim had happened.

The lynches were crappy because they were anti-town scummy players that almost begged to be lynched. The result D2 wasn't crappy, its crappy that we cannot really gather any information from it because the lynchees brought it upon themselves.

I see the vote. I have no opinion on it, there really isn't any reasoning on it except the list of players who aren't scum and that leaves me.

They both are most likely not town just based on numbers. There are 8 people left. Excluding me there are 2-3 scum out of 7. You are most likely town, that's 6. If they are both town that leaves basically 2-3 scum in 4 people. That seems wrong. I lean towards CMAR's claim being fake because of the previously mentioned JK tending to be scum claim, and that he claimed second. This allowed him to fit the one-shot flavor and not look as dubious. We already had a protective role in Weak Doctor, so JK seems a bit much as well. I also really hate his WE SHOULD LYNCH VOLK TODAY, yet doesn't even bother to place a vote on him. He also never specifically said he was a town JK.

It's not null to want a NL. It will only benefit scum. Right now we have an advantage. Why let scum lessen that advantage and decide who to kill. We get more information off of a wagon and a flip, than letting scum probably pick you off given the cop softclaim result.

Meh, volk can live for the time being. I would rather get rid of the potential scum PR.

Unvote
Vote: CMAR

Saying anytime you have an even number you should NL is flawed.

Is there anyway we can get a deadline extension at least until CMAR is replaced?
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1132 (isolation #3) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:17 pm

Post by Scott Brosius »

If we mislynch, then maybe its 3v3 worst case scenario. Not every scum WC is 1/2 of the remaining players either. Anyway, if we do mislynch, then these potential one-shot redirecting, JK, whatever else is out there should act. There could easily be 2 scum. I think we have enough solid scum suspects that a lynch is worthwhile. Also a flip gives town PRs a better chance to help town. If there's another role tracker, hider, anything, it is one less option to investigate/jail/redirect/whatever and allows them to make more informed decisions.

@bgg Concerning the vote on me, I'm not worried. On that line of logic, I voted CMAR and many others have chimed in after. Is it telling that scum haven't rushed in to hammer CMAR under your logic that it only takes 2 on a wagon to setup a potential mislynch? Doesn't that give scumpoints to CMAR?
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1133 (isolation #4) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:18 pm

Post by Scott Brosius »

Anyone not voting looks like they are skulking around waiting for the right opportunity to place a vote. We are very close to deadline.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1155 (isolation #5) » Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:20 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

So there is scum in that group where you have included yourself (lol) and a 96% confirmed bgg. So I guess you think the scumteam is me Max and regfan (or 2 of 3 depending on size of scum)? This is a HUGE change of heart from the following...
subgenius wrote:I'll admit it. I'm pretty mad at this point. Why the hell has CMAR done nothing in this game except bread crumb a role and claim with one vote on him? WTF. This is absurd. I don't know what to do at the moment, and I'm just about beyond caring.

On the one hand, CMAR's claim meshes with Haylen's thematically, on the other hand, he could be a mafia Jail Keeper or just plain lying. I don't know, I'm tempted to just take both their claims at face value since it narrows down the field so greatly. After crossing Bgg, CMAR, and Haylen off the list, that leaves Regfan, CKD, Vollkan, and Max. TBH, I don't find any of the latter four all that scummy, although there is almost certainly at least one maf in there. Christ, I just don't know, but I think the town has failed epically in this game, myself included.

Where you list 3 of the 4 members on your new scumteam as not scummy. That's a pretty big change of heart in a week where basically the only content has been me replacing in.

Also the CMAR wagon has been anything but swift. This game is crawling. This is a really lame reason to unvote. The "wagon" was just you and me. That's hardly garnering the town's tentative votes. I'm just getting a vibe that your posts aren't genuine and that makes them scummy.

Subgenius, Vollkan, CMAR. My vote will be on one of those three by deadline to secure a lynch (unless something really bizarre happens)
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1159 (isolation #6) » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:45 pm

Post by Scott Brosius »

I only consider actual votes. Votes speak louder than weak deadline NL avoiding promises.

Also the whole x scum are in this group of people argument is flawed. At this point I can take any group of 2-4 people and probably find scum in it. So it doesn't really have value.

I did not realize CMAR was almost strung up D2. This further solidifies my vote.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1166 (isolation #7) » Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Scott Brosius »

Isn't redirector a role that doesn't really fall under the "normal" category? I only skimmed D2 so I don't know if this was brought up.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1167 (isolation #8) » Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:51 pm

Post by Scott Brosius »

#
Mechanics which are explicitly Non-Normal include:

* Those affecting a role's alignment (no Cults).
* Anything which significantly affects the core mechanic of majority/plurality lynches (no Kingmaker, for example).
* Anything resolving with a random element, with the exception of missed night choices. It must be included in the public ruleset if you are resolving night choices in this way.
* Post Restrictions (other than those included in the ruleset, such as "No quoting your Role PM").
* Lying to the players, including False Role Reveals and "Scum Masons".
* Night action redirection (no Bus Driver, Lightning Rod, Nexus, or Redirector).

* Alignments other than Mafia/Werewolf, Pro-Town, and Serial Killer (no Survivor, Lyncher, or Jester).
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1169 (isolation #9) » Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:56 pm

Post by Scott Brosius »

I mean, those rules must be followed? And the normal games get a panel to review them? I feel like I'm missing something here. Either 1. Haylen is scum and FOS in which case terrific we lynch scum or 2. Haylen is tellling the truth and this game is broken and doesn't adhere to normal requirements in which case I don't really care about the outcome. or 3 Haylen is scum and a redirector, which i have mixed feelings about because the game is still broken.

Unvote
Vote: Haylen

Regfan: http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php ... ormal_game
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1190 (isolation #10) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:32 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

bgg1996 wrote:If I'm not mistaken, Mini 851 had not only a cult leader, but also a vigilante, and serial killer. That's my cue to
unvote
. Coincidently, I believe Haylen was in that game. And won.
The problem with it being 1.5 years is that game was before normals had mandatory checks for balance and normality. So you could get away with a lot more. Even if there is some leeway with a non-normal role, we already had one flip of a non-normal role with sledgehammer.

The whole neutral survivor defense is unbelievably weak. Also the immediate, WELL I GUESS THE 3 PEOPLE VOTING FOR ME ARE INSTANTLY SCUMMY NOW attempt to discredit.

Normal rules last modified two weeks ago.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1220 (isolation #11) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:24 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

Hind should jail tonight.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1393 (isolation #12) » Fri May 20, 2011 12:37 pm

Post by Scott Brosius »

Max you probably should have claimed 2 shot and hidden your last one. Once you mentioned you had a third ability then you essentially claimed it not soon after pretty much unprovoked.

I disagree with the RB ruling, but it is what it is. At least mod asked others. I feel that all shots go off at the same time (and therefore wouldn't be blocked by each other).

NL D3 would have been terrible. I knew it was probably MYLO but I couldn't admit to that. bgg would have been killed and then we have one less town member and more importantly one less town vote.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1396 (isolation #13) » Fri May 20, 2011 3:30 pm

Post by Scott Brosius »

Would you have pushed NL as town D3? I thought that was pretty evident of you being scum.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”