Mini 1140 - Mafia Mishmash...Game Over!!

Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1145 (isolation #0) » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:44 pm

Post by Hinduragi »

Reading. I'll do my best to make it quick and post my opinion on the game so far before the weekend ends. I'm not making any guarantees but I should be ready by then.
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1147 (isolation #1) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:17 am

Post by Hinduragi »

Why? I'm at L-3. Is this MyLo/LyLo? Have you guys mass claimed while CMAR wasn't here?
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1149 (isolation #2) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:36 am

Post by Hinduragi »

Ok. I'm a one shot jailkeeper.
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1151 (isolation #3) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:42 am

Post by Hinduragi »

I ordered a pizza and took a shower.
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1204 (isolation #4) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:43 pm

Post by Hinduragi »

Just so you all know, I am still reading and I am working on a catchup post as I read through everything.
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1221 (isolation #5) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:03 am

Post by Hinduragi »

Well, since I planned to try and keep doing the rest of my reread today but may not get to post my thoughts, here is the wall I was preparing. It isn't finished yet, but I may as well post it so I can get some answers/put some opinions up to where I'm at in the game before the mod comes back.
1. What's your time-zone
2. Have you played with anyone in here before, if so what was their play-style like? (Remember you can't mention ongoing games)
3. Do you prefer being town or mafia generally?
4. How often are you likely to post?
5. Do you generally like leading or following?

1. Eastern (GMT-5)
2. I've played with vollkan, Scott, and Haylen. Vollkan is very analytical and tends to post walls. He's kind of a love-him or hate-him type of guy. He's also very hard to incriminate because he can usually make something that is a scum-tell look illogical; that or he makes no mistakes, which is highly unlikely. I don't think I can read him well. Scott was, well, maybe his play was different since, if I recall, he was a PR, but he seemed like a gut type of person, almost the opposite of vollkan. Maybe he isn't, I don't know. He was lying low for most of that game. Haylen was v/L-A for the time I played with her. She temp-replaced in for a friend, posted a couple of times(everyone was mad at her for replacing in and not posting so she got attacked), mainly angry posts, so I'm assuming that isn't her actual playstyle.
3. Town.
4. My activity goes up and down but fairly often.
5. Leading.

vollkan, are there walls in all the games you're in? I'm not even to page 3 and I've seen consistent wall o' text'ing.

So, let's get this straight for Day 1. The game moves out of RVS and Magnetic claims with 1 vote on him. Yeah, this was trolling and, since he's town, mafia and town alike would've lynched him so there isn't a lot of info there. What is to note is the unvoting being done. Tcl obviously had good reason considering his role. Ckd's unvote and vote on Maxous seems like an attempt to garner townie brownies and, at the same time, buddy with bgg who asked for unvotes in order to extend the day and get more info. The whole thing against bgg seems a little over the top, however he doesn't help at all by avoiding questions that would take typing out two names to answer. SC's hammer on Magnetic in reply to bgg was unneeded, as if he was taking the game and making it personal. My predecessor's play really sucks. Yura's most likely obv VI-scum. That said, the game picks up on D2. CKD felt really frantic on 334. Is he always like this? I've seen him on-site a lot and he joined in '07 so this type of reaction really feels off when I read through it.
Ckd wrote:please someone else see this!!!!!!!!!!!
It looks like something Shotty would post.
Regfan wrote:I voted Magnetic for a reaction at first, unvoted because I was unsure whether to read him as caught mafia or dumb town and didn't vote again because I didn't want to risk shortening the day as much as it ended up.
What? I looked back and you unvoted Magnetic when he had 2 votes on him. Your vote and Andrew's RVS vote. How do 2 votes warrant a reason to think you will help prolong the day by unvoting

Ok, I haven't gotten to the N2 kill in the game yet but from where I'm at, SC is siding and defending bgg like a boss. In the first post, SC flipped cop. I'm assuming this would mean bgg is possibly confirmed since there's a very likely possibility SC got an innocent on him. SC's 423/430 only re-confirms this in my eyes.

Vollkan, in your 460, you had given no points to Andrew94 as of posting. What about his play did you find that didn't warrant points? I remember you specifically asking him to post reads or replace out. He posted a few lines on the game and people in the game but did not list anyone as scum or town in doing so. After you asked him to try again, his next post was his attempt to disprove he was not active lurking. He fos'd bgg in the post but did not do anything else beyond that. Why did you not push on this or follow through with it?
Yura wrote:well i don't mean to bandwagon but i think sub is making sense bgg is getting into useless arguements (tho i don't really think i have any say in this, since everyone also thinks i'm useless and dumb) and i wanna see how he wud react if he face some heat
This is just mirroring what Subgenius just said.(Useless arguements and heat were actually part of what subgenius said) This looks like a very opportunistic bandwagon attempt in an attempt to buddy up to subgenius while at the same time have a place to park her vote.(Yura votes in the post after this post) There was nothing added to the discussion nor does Yura take a solid stance on who she thinks is scum but rather just wants to see "how he wud react if he face some heat". Why is this slot still alive?

I'm surprised noone has asked SC why he is just sitting around and watching the day pass by. Subg, ckd popping in right after his name is mentioned should not entail a "strong fos". There is no evidence he was lurking and by at least posting right after his name is mentioned, he is making a promise to attempt to scumhunt and/or participate later on. There is nothing to suggest he was pressured because his name was mentioned. I've done the same type of thing before on a player but it's null tell at best.
Yura wrote:I don't really have any other big sus for mafia but I do think he can be mafia and just planning when the night comes or he actually IS a sk planning his own kills. I just think he's more sk/vig because for some reason I just don't see him working with others...
Again, Yura isn't trying to find the mafia. Newbscum slip? I think so. On another note, vig makes no sense. Anyways, again, why is this slot still alive?
Max wrote:or a townsperson(vig).
Why'd you mention this in 504?
CKD wrote:EDIT, he then votes 3 people very quickly...1st vote I get...the two after looks bad.
The two after he mentions here are truant and then Yura. Truant has been someone Max has been display suspicion of whilst Yura is one of CKD's top(tied with bgg) scum leads which tells me one of two things: CKD doesn't like the reaosns Max has presented for voting Yura or CKD needs a suspect so he quotes this one line from Max, misconstrues it to his liking, and uses it as a scum-tell. An important thing to note is that CKD is voting for Regfan and Max, both of who have looked into his case in the past. If anyone has played with him before, meta would be appreciated because I feel it may be helpful to have around for CKD reads.
Yura wrote:
the bgg vote wasnt much of a strong scum sus like which i kinda have on ckd
it was more of to see how he would react and base on it.... and for now my sus are not that big yet for i have no big evidence yet...:/
ITT: Yura outs herself by saying she suspects ckd more but voted bgg but then counteracting it and offering a possible neutral stance on ckd by stating she has no big evidence.
Regfan wrote:Just finished briefly reading Andrews scum games, his playstyle in them is almost identical to that of this game. For anyone else interested in reading them, they are:
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=15974&start=0
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=15612
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=15786&start=0

Vote: Andrew94
Is this vote based purely on meta or was there more reason for it? I ISO'd before this post but only found questions aimed at Andrew, not real stances on him being scum and reasoning.
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1261 (isolation #6) » Mon May 02, 2011 11:20 am

Post by Hinduragi »

I jailkept Scott last night.

Now, concerning this JOAT claim business:
Maxous wrote:Since jailkeeping protects what would of had to happen is a mafia roleblocked Hinduragi and killed Scott. This is unlikely as why would'nt they of roleblocked SC instead of killing him.

I don't know why. Maybe because I'm one-shot and roleblocking me would use up my power.

Maxous, why did you target Regfan N2? Your vote was on CMAR and the last post you made suspecting Regfan was back in the early 30's or the 20's.

Regfan wrote:Has anyone ever seen a Joat in a mini-normal before out of curiosity?

It's a role that I've never encountered in any game before.

No. Then again, I don't play in many mini-normals. I checked the mini normal requirements, though, and it is a normal role.
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1267 (isolation #7) » Mon May 02, 2011 11:58 am

Post by Hinduragi »

I played a game of WIFOM with the mafia, actually. They'd expect me to protect obvtown-bgg. If I choose the next towniest player behind him, this is the most probable kill choice. I didn't know they had a roleblocker. Why they didn't just roleblock me and shoot bgg is anyone's guess. The only possible situation I can perceive here is that I've been framed in a gambit when we are in a state of MYLO.

About the visiting, I jailkept Scott and he died. I was tracked to Scott. Since Scott died, I'm assuming I was roleblocked. So, the only thing that could've been lost in translation along the way was that Maxous lied about his role. I cannot fathom how scum would guess who I targeted unless he happens to be scum JOAT or scum tracker and lied about his JOAT night actions. Seriously, though, this seems far-fetched as hell considering how swingy the setup already is. I'm at a loss for a logical explanation.

P-edit:

bgg wrote:Ok, this is simply absurd. First off, why did you not post for six days?
Second, why did you jailkeep Scott? I was a 100% confirmed town. Heeeellllllllooooo?!
Third, since you haven't posted any opinions of anybody yet, as far as I can remember, would you like to give your two cents?

I was rereading the rest of the game but didn't get around to making my wall.
Explained above. I like to play with a bit of gut and risk involved. Obviously, no matter what I did, that wouldn't have mattered anyways.
Yes, I believe the last two are a Maxous/Vollkan or Maxous/Regfan scumteam. I will give my reasoning in my catchup post so you all know why.

Subg wrote:Hindu, you really should have taken the angle that Max is faking and claimed to have visited bgg.

That would involve lying, which is something scum would do.
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1270 (isolation #8) » Mon May 02, 2011 1:27 pm

Post by Hinduragi »

Obviously, this is going to be me vs. Maxous today regardless of any further discussion.

Vote: Maxous

I'll be doing the routine ISO and making a case in the meantime.

Maxous wrote:I mean there still was a possibility going into night 3 that Scott bussed Haylen.

I find it really hard to believe Scottscum would take the votes off of me and point out his buddy slipped up on her claim. He was almost as confirmed as bgg was. Plus, if Scott was scum, he would be under the least suspicion of all the people in his scumteam which would imply he would be making the kill tonight. If I jailkept him and no kill was made, we just got scum pretty easily.

Regarding the p-edit:
Yes, it would, that's why I explained how far-fetched it seemed. It's a huge stretch.
Good point.
LOL, that would be awesome. Yeah, half-psychic, I'm still thinking about how you figured it out.

Neither do I.

Regfan wrote:Alternatively, if Hind is the last mafia it's literally impossible for him to win given the situation in which case he's just best of claiming outright.

One problem there: I'm town. :neutral:
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1389 (isolation #9) » Fri May 20, 2011 5:36 am

Post by Hinduragi »

Subgenius, I did it mainly to gambit. I was pretty much 100% positive I'd be lynched when Max claimed tracking me because, from what I saw, my slot had the most suspicion on it throughout the entire game. In doing so, I was able to not make vollkan look like my buddy in the chance he didn't survive as well. When Max asked me that one question about me/him being scum, I did my best to make that look like he was my buddy.

Now, the main thing on my mind when I was reading:
Town: Why didn't you guys push for a no lynch?

P-Edit: Yeah, fitz, I'm glad I wasn't town in this game because vollkan really is hard as hell to read. I think actually being scum with him has made it a little easier for me.

Oh, also, vollkan, a question I had during my re-read: When you have VI scumbuddies, do you always bus them? (Going back to that one Yura point)
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1391 (isolation #10) » Fri May 20, 2011 5:49 am

Post by Hinduragi »

I feel that, whenever day starts, every person still alive is re-examined in terms of scumminess. You guys may've seen the bussing he did on Yura and Truant. Also, what if vollkan decided to no kill?
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1400 (isolation #11) » Sat May 21, 2011 5:06 am

Post by Hinduragi »

For the record, when I replaced in, the first thing I did was ISO CMAR to check if he claimed. I really did shower and order a pizza in those 18 minutes I was gone.

Another thing I found amusing when I replaced in was this post. I couldn't stop laughing for about thirty minutes.
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1408 (isolation #12) » Mon May 23, 2011 3:15 am

Post by Hinduragi »

I thought your story and subsequent self-hammer was pretty good, if that counts.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”