Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (isolation #0) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:34 am

Post by Charlie »

Why hello Beck! I've taken the liberty to avatarize that gruesome travesty you call a 'picture' for you.
Do what you will with it, but I must say this is the ugliest picture I've ever scaled.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (isolation #1) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:44 am

Post by Charlie »

Well I do represent the element of generosity. I'll leave it up to Whiskers to see what she can find. Don't want to stifle creativity; for creativity is the heart of fashion!
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (isolation #2) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:09 am

Post by Charlie »

Wahaha! Just so you know, I played that game right here and lost.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (isolation #3) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:57 pm

Post by Charlie »

Well it seems that Rainbowdash got out of the RVS/RQS/whatever as of post #47. I'd like to add some extra info of their persona in bold:

Rainbowdash wrote:I am Rainbow Dash
Competitive, headstrong, bold

Monk is Fluttershy
Shy, quiet, tolerant

Charlie is Rarity
Fashionable, whiny, OCD

Whiskers is Pinkie Pie
Party, random, ADHD

GLaDOS is Applejack
Southern accent, competitive, headstrong (POTaTOS?)

Tarson is Princess Celestia
Royalty, prankster, troll

Hopefully this would be help somewhat to those unfamiliar with Friendship is Magic.

subgenius wrote:If I were scum, hopefully I would act the same as I would act as town. Tough to say, though, since I've never been scum.

I will say that a pet peeve of mine is when people defend themselves with arguments such as:
"If I were scum, I would act like A. Instead, I acted like B. Therefor, I am not scum."
Any information that a player provides about their own hypothetical scum tendencies is utterly and totally useless.

You've been on-site long enough to know that this is WIFOM. I don't like WIFOM.

monk wrote:Whiskers, um... I think that maybe possibly you're going a bit overboard

Can't....tell.... if.... being.... serious..... or..... just..... playing..... in..... character...

Albert B. Rampage wrote:WTF with the ponies

It starts.

subgenius wrote:Agreed, I'm not getting the pony thing.

In my day, kids shows meant something. Your Sesame Streets, your Mr. Rogers' Neighborhoods, your Fraggle Rocks, these shows had substance. Kids these days with their bright colors and friendship lasers and sugary breakfast cereals... They're getting over stimulated, I say. *grumble*

The show has elements that calls back to the '80 Loony Toons cartoon, which many young adults grew up with. Think of things like Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck & Road Runner. Then combine that with modern Flash technology (vector art) to get highly expressive facial animation. Add a sprinkle of community love between peers and producers; generating more content. Instant success!

------------

VOTE: subgenius for that bit of WIFOM.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (isolation #4) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:55 pm

Post by Charlie »

monk wrote:Ummmm... I had hoped, that both? Yes both would be an option... um if it's not too much to ask that is, yes, both...

Why of course that's okay, my dear.

@tarsonisocelot: Ah my dear princess! How lucky we are to bask in your warm regal presence. To readily admit to tyranny sounds really harsh; perhaps the term dictator would be less crude?

Anyway, the idea of forming a "bloc" isn't new to me; I've read about players forming "alliances" early in the game and surprisingly it works. I don't know how it does and I cannot explain it (the ones I'm familiar with were in ALL CAPS and there was a lot of rage involved, I
think
the players were one named Fate and one named Reck) but TBH I'm interested in giving it a try. My playstyle is also heavily based on trust Townreads and process of elimination rather than going all gung ho, so this bloc idea kinda suits me.

I'm in, but it is too early to form reads yet. However, I don't agree with your malpascp vote because that was made before the game even started, so not voting is legit.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (isolation #5) » Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:11 am

Post by Charlie »

Guthrie wrote:
Not from that exactly, but from your next post. At least i got you talking. You could have had a scumslip right on the spot.

I don't follow. Could you please elaborate?
Oh and here, have a weed shrugpony:
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (isolation #6) » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:14 am

Post by Charlie »

It is 5.16am and I read a novella.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (isolation #7) » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:24 pm

Post by Charlie »

@subgenius, Whiskers, monk: Ah, I see I've made an error. My vote, indeed, does not make sense as per end of post #85. I
was
about to check on the reaction to it, but now it's redundant. With that, UNVOTE: subgenius

What
was
I thinking?

Whiskers +1 Town point for #89
@Rainbowdash post #92: I don't know how these "alliances" are supposed to work, but just let me say my 2 cents that I've seen it work at the start of the game i.e. early game. So even though I don't share your opinion about it, I would like to see how it actually plays out (if it happens at all).
@subgenius #94: A very interesting post; one which I like, albeit slightly off-topic... Hear me out a for a bit: Your join date is about 3 years, am I correct to assume during this time you've played quite a number of online Mafia games? Of these games, have you experienced a situation whereby a player has a habit/posting style that you find distasteful that you'd rather gouge out your eyeballs with a rusty spoon and fill the empty sockets with alcohol and razor blades? I have. And let me tell you now that
this
game isn't so bad. The so-called
roleplaying
I've seen here is so mild it wouldn't even flinch an average internet user who has developed some thick skin. Ultimately, it is your decision. If you find the fun factor is not in the game, then you can replace out. But I assure you that this game is fine.
@subgenius #96: I think you got the concept of the "voting bloc" correct in the second sentence.
@Whiskers #99: Not PMed, you mean publicly posted in the queue thread... yup, I didn't respond there coz thought of not spamming the queue with chatter. And yes, I did change my avatar from (best pony) Fluttershy to Rarity because of that.
Don't know what to make of Rainbowdash's #100... I'll have to do an ISO later and come back to this. Not used to her playstyle atm.
subgenius +0.5 Town point for #102: I see scumhunting based on reasoning. (effort > content)
@GLaDOS #106: That's kinda odd, what's with that sudden spike of aggressive playstyle? Are you trying something new here, or am I seeing a side of you not displayed in our recently completed game?
Monk wins the argument from #116 till end of page 5 (This means theamatuer +1 scum point). GLaDOS and monk are likely not scum together.
theamatuer #126 +1 "Are you kidding me?" (A WTF moment which is open to interpretation)
@theamatuer: Can you do an organized list of suspects, please?
Apparently you've already done so at the end of page 5.
@Rainbowdash #135 I see your comments, can I ask for some regarding GLaDOS & myself?

------------
Gonna have to take another look at the flip floppy-ness thing later.
------------

Hehe, I admit I laughed @Whiskers' #154
@theamatuer #155: Geez, dude; when addressing multiple players in a single post, can you please indicate whom you're addressing? Thanks.
Need to ponder a little bit more on Rainbowdash's #157. As I said earlier, having some trouble reading this player.

Going to make a list once the loose ends are settled. Also helps if the lurkish players say stuff. Vote to come later.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (isolation #8) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:34 am

Post by Charlie »

My goodness. I take a break from playing Mafia to read Past Sins for a day and I get 6 pages worth of stuff. Great, just great.

Some older stuff first. Regarding the issue of not being able to form a read on Rainbowdash (mainly because of confusion between playstyle & "play acting"), I conclude that I could either attempt meta analysis or ignore him off as a null read until further progress in the game. The former solution is
really really
time consuming & it simply isn't worth the effort. So for now I'm going to ignore Rainbowdash and read as null.

Having a closer look at the "flip flop" issue involving theamatuer and the arguments involving himself with monk (Fluttershy, great distraction here...)
I checked their interactions using the nifty "Display post by user" and adding a second user at the bottom of the page. This newer feature IMHO is great and I encourage every
pony
body to try it. I found some interesting stuff. Basically, theamatuer was
not
"flip floppy" to begin with, but eventually makes a
contradiction
already pointed out by others: He placed monk at 3rd most suspicious in #149 and later called him town in #155. Interesting. Moving to #218 it looks like AtE/frustration/OMGUS all in one.

Final read: theamatuer loses the argument but monk doesn't actually "wins" either because of his voting pattern which I'm not convinced are genuine.

GLaDOS aka Applejack wrote:I reckon ya just haven’t played enough with me. Sometimes ya just haveta get down and dirty, Rarity, ‘specially on Day One.

Oh. It. Is. ON!
But really, I'm interested to see how this plays out.

-----------
[problem] I realize that I'm reading some posts in the voice of the persona that the player is portraying. This is strangely disconcerting.[/problem]
[rant][whine] Allright. We have an issue. About this cupcakes and serial killer nonsense. Cupcakes in the name of a fanfiction/story that is gory as heck for it depicts an insane mare slowly torturing/killing another by harvesting her organs as she lay bound, helpless & very much conscious. It describes brutal torture methods in detail. It is sick. The fanart for it is very much NSFW. Whiskers, to make mention of this piece in your previous avatar I was slightly annoyed & disappointed. But for the thread to evolve on an SK discussion based on this? LUDICROUS. MADNESS. BLASPHEMY.[/whine][/rant]
-----------

I like ABR's posts.
Rainbowdash's #292 is shelved for later.
GLaDOS vs. Rainbowdash argument is interesting; #303 is food for thought. More on this (and hopefully more content to come) later.
I like ThAdmiral's posts but this is probably because I like catch up posts.
So... I believe we have a lurker in malpascp. Checked his activity, he's around allright. I'm going to assume malice until proven lazy.

@Mod: Can we please have a vote count? Also, as mentioned above, can you please include players not voting in your future votecounts?
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (isolation #9) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:45 am

Post by Charlie »

@Everybody: I'm going away for a few weeks, so no reliable desktop access. Mobile access should be fine & I suppose being on some form of Limited Access is inevitable. It shouldn't disrupt my ability to play the game, but just a heads up coz posting longer stuff on a mobile is a pain in the neck... so, expect fewer lines in my future post.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (isolation #10) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:55 pm

Post by Charlie »

Whiskers playstyle shift noted.
Rainbowdash's defensive responses noted.
VOTE: Whiskers
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #512 (isolation #11) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:24 pm

Post by Charlie »

Fast paced game, here are my responses:
@Whiskers: The latter. Scumtell? Circumstantial, but see next line.
GLaDOS read Whiskers and concluded my opposite: I consider this player's read logical based on meta; significantly influencing my read. I'm reconsidering my read but vote stays atm because of pace.
Beck's post are confident, but numerous. Slight Town vibe. By virtue, monk slight Mafia vibe.
Tarsonisocelot is a Town read based on content; active lurking hard to judge (fast paced game, that online users thingy?)
@Beck: I have a reason, you're either not reading, missed it (then you're a sillyhead) or ignoring it (then you're scummy for distraction)
@Whiskers: sigh, no I'm not sheeping with that vote.
Tunneling on TO much, Whiskers?
@Guthrie: strike 2 on the "what are you doing" scale. FoS & the earlier vote on me, I don't understand. Explain?

GLaDOS, need input on Rainbowdash. Please.

Beck, can you use facts & reference in your Vote Count Analysis please?

Skimmed the last page & a half. Will recheck for more stuff, but Whiskers is really different now that the beginning.

Affirm vote Whiskers.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #520 (isolation #12) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:50 pm

Post by Charlie »

@subgenius: You're a sillyhead. I'm gonna love and tolerate the shit out of you (generic pony response to annoying people on the Internet). I have so few posts as compared to the majority of the playerlist it's easy to find.

1) Key word is 'slight'
2) Tunneling counterpoint sounds valid & I may concede, remember I said I skimmed the last page +
3) Lazy? Mean. Disagree. It takes much much longer to post on mobile. Uncooperative? You're not helping: it works both ways & you need to read my posts. Filler? No. Game is fast, mobile loses to desktop in terms of typing regular posts.

@Whiskers: Okay, fair enough, I'll rephrase.. Check out my response to GLaDOS to see my thought process.
@GLaDOS: Pegged you as honary Town read at the start of game due to meta. Raised an eyebrow at increased aggressive play but ignored fttb. Didn't know how to read Rainbowdash, so I asked. Unsure of how to proceed with Whiskers after that comment about shift in play style is... towny? I don't agree there, but his words carry much sway with me. Now said Whiskers is null, fuuu..

I hope I've been clear.

Conclusion: subgenius needs to read, not having a solid scum read on Whiskers but combined actions suspicious enough to warrant my vote. And activity level is lopsided/unbalanced.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (isolation #13) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:05 pm

Post by Charlie »

Yes indeedy, monk (Derpy).
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #525 (isolation #14) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:51 pm

Post by Charlie »

Very simple. Town plays consistently because they have no need to pretend to do stuff like scumhunt. Mafia have all the resasons to play according to the feel of the game, needing a shift in playstyle. This so happens to be the basis of meta in scumhunting. Whiskers made this shift. Is this scummy, you ask? I think so, yes; but as I just said I'm swayed by the words of GLaDOS (deadly neurotoxin is deadly).

That's one of my core principles when playing the game of Mafia. The other is "succitness is protown".
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #538 (isolation #15) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:38 am

Post by Charlie »

@Guthrie: You... ugh, I don't know what you're doing with those weird reads on me. I'll further address these posts later when time permits; remind me.
@Whiskers: A burning issue I have is why you earlier admitted to not playing towards your wincon. Can't let you pass like that.
tarsonisocelot +1 Town for #530.
@Beck: Um, I think your counterpoint up there can't hold water.
@subgenius: I've said already that monk doesn't "win" the argument with theamatuer; he's on the slight scum list.
Regular posting from my iThing is a... unique experience.

Which reminds me that I intend to post my Town/Mafia list. That I'll do later, time constraints.

P.S: making links like the one above on my iThing is such a pain.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #653 (isolation #16) » Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:26 am

Post by Charlie »

My Little Listy: Town to Mafia

1. GLaDOS (honory for D1)
2. ThAdmiral
3. Albert B. Rampage
4. tarsonisocelot
5. subgenius
6. Rainbowdash
7. Guthrie
8. theamatuer
9. monk
10. Beck
11. malpascp (Policy lynch: Lynch all Lurkers)
12. Whiskers (Playstyle, anti-wincon, vote patterns. Caveat: GLaDOS Townread on Whiskers)

So I see 5 pages of stuff and I've skimmed them. Noticed ABR wagon formed and collapsed (?)
@Mod: Pls to have moar votecounts, pweety pwease?

I'd love to digest the content tonight. I'll
try
to make a detailed post on my iThing then because after tonight, I'm off on a super fun road trip with no guarantee of WiFi access to the places I'm going. Yay, super happy fun times!

So...semi Limited Access?
Moar stuff to say later.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #668 (isolation #17) » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:53 am

Post by Charlie »

theamatuer wrote:Why is ABR 3 again? Can't tell how he's town here

Beck wrote:Now Charlie, I know you aren't that delusional are you?

I've played in a game where people like him plays the way they play for a reason. Long story short, it's a Town-tell + gut based read.

subgenius +1 Mafia. I see a wide list, I see an expanded range of suspects to set up for future cases & I see a softening tactic in the second to last paragraph. Not impressed.
Whiskers cumulative actions have made me 20% surer of my current vote. Both my head and gut says he's Mafia, and I'm very comfortable with that. Lynch FTW.
Beck has a playstyle I'm not very used to (but then again so does Rainbowdash), but he does give out pretty okay reasonings at times... Might reconsider his third from bottom in my list.

Rainbowdash issue: I've checked his meta by scanning his previous posts on site (using the search) feature. She is quite the character. There are things that bugs me about her behavior in this current game, so I'm gonna have to ask you a few questions:

1) Are you an alt?
2) A game you were in just recently concluded. Comment on your playstyle there and here?
3) Comment on your ability to post under pressure?

2 questions for tarsonisocelot:

1) Do you admit to lurking?
2) Your stance on those who accuse you of active lurking i.e. Whiskers?

1 question for GLaDOS:

1) Comment on the issue of yourself being a Townread in the eyes of multiple players?

I actually have more to ask of other players, but I need to compile my notes. Also, I have no more time... I'm leaving soon.

See you people/ponies when I next get Internet access.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #765 (isolation #18) » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:12 am

Post by Charlie »

Hey! So, I guess I'll tell you people/ponies that I'm on holiday right now and it's darn right awesome. I shouldn't even be on the Internet at all, but this bed & breakfast inn has fast WiFi; so I get some social networking, EqD and mafiascum in.

------------

Page 29 is hilarious. Thanks for the laugh, guys.
Albert's case/story on top of page 30 was a fun read; I believe he is Town based on this; the case somewhat convincing & tallies with my previous list. Heck, UNVOTE: Whiskers
VOTE: Beck
Whiskers to be lynched Tomorrow when Beck flips Mafia.
Rainbowdash, no other questions at this time. My gut was/still is telling me your posts were made under pressure. To meta you is so time consuming it's not worth it; mores in my current condition (hey, didn't I say this before? Yes, I think I did)

Beck is putting up quite a wall of defense; it's making me iffy. Wish I knew what type of iffy this is.

Your holidaying pony,
Charlie (Rarity)
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #997 (isolation #19) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:12 am

Post by Charlie »

Oh my stars! Princess,
how could you?

VOTE: tarsonisocelot

Mafia or SK, I think you do need some fine rope. See you in the sun!

On a side note, I've gotten quite adept at mobile posting! Not comfortably so, but manageable.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1069 (isolation #20) » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:50 am

Post by Charlie »

This..is your singing telegram I hope it finds you well, you're invited to a
party
coz we think you're really swell. Gummy's turning 1 year old...
------------
I'm full desktop again, so allow me to make a fabulous wall (anticipated to be a wall, anyway) that is both fun and useful to read! Let's get the party started.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1071 (isolation #21) » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:01 am

Post by Charlie »

Would you like to hear a wonderful holiday story?
Don't answer that, it's rhetorical.
Don't pester me, I'm doing stuff.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1072 (isolation #22) » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:33 am

Post by Charlie »

This VCA is brought to you by Charlie, courtesy of Mute's ISO:

Vote Count 1.1

GLaDOS - 1 (
theamateur
)
theamateur
- 1 (Rainbowdash)
tarsonisocelot
(monk
; GLaDOS)
Guthrie - 1 (
subgenius
)
subgenius
- 1 (
Albert B. Rampage
)

Vote Count 1.2

theamateur
- 4 (Rainbowdash; Guthrie; GLaDOS;
subgenius
)
tarsonisocelot
- 1 (
theamateur
)
Guthrie - 1 (
subgenius
)
subgenius
- 2 (
Albert B. Rampage
;
malpascp
)
Rainbowdash - 1 (Whiskers)
Albert B. Rampage
- 1 (
monk
)

Vote Count 1.3

theamateur
- 3 (
subgenius
;
monk
; Whiskers)
Guthrie - 1 (
subgenius
)
subgenius
- 2 (
Albert B. Rampage
;
malpascp
)
Albert B. Rampage
- 1 (
tarsonisocelot
)
monk
- 5 (Beck; Guthrie; GLaDOS; Rainbowdash;
theamateur
)

Vote Count 1.4

theamateur
- 6 (
subgenius
;
monk
;
Albert B. Rampage
; Rainbowdash; GLaDOS;
tarsonisocelot
)
subgenius
- 1 (
malpascp
)
monk
- 4 (Guthrie;
theamateur
; ThAdmiral; Beck)
Not voting - 2 (Whiskers; Charlie)

Vote Count 1.5

theamateur
- 1 (
subgenius
)
subgenius
- 1 (
malpascp
)
monk
- 2 (ThAdmiral; Beck)
Whiskers - 5 (
monk
; Rainbowdash; Charlie;
Albert B. Rampage
;
tarsonisocelot
)
Beck - 1 (GLaDOS)
tarsonisocelot
- 3 (Guthrie;
theamateur
; Whiskers)
Not voting - 0

Vote Count 1.6

theamateur
- 4 (GLaDOS;
Albert B. Rampage
; Rainbowdash;
monk
)
subgenius
- 1 (
malpascp
)
monk
- 3 (Whiskers; Guthrie; ThAdmiral)
Whiskers - 1 (Charlie)
Albert B. Rampage
- 4 (
theamateur
;
tarsonisocelot
;
subgenius
; Beck)
*Not Voting - 0

Vote Count 1.7

theamateur
- 4 (GLaDOS; Rainbowdash;
subgenius
;
tarsonisocelot
)
subgenius
- 1 (
malpascp
)
monk
- 4 (Whiskers; Guthrie; ThAdmiral; Beck)
Albert B. Rampage
- 1 (
theamateur
)
Beck - 3 (
Albert B. Rampage
;
monk
; Charlie)
Not Voting - 0

Vote count 1.8

theamateur
- 7 (GLaDOS; Rainbowdash;
subgenius
;
tarsonisocelot
;
monk
; Whiskers;
Albert B. Rampage
)
subgenius
- 1 (
malpascp
)
monk
- 3 (Guthrie; ThAdmiral; Beck)
Beck - 2 (
monk
; Charlie)
Charlie - 1 (
theamateur
)
Not Voting - 0

Vote Count 2.1

tarsonisocelot
- 6 (
maxwell
; Whiskers; Beck; GLaDOS; Rainbowdash; Charlie)
monk
- 1 (
tarsonisocelot
)

------------

I think the monk wagon at 1.3 has at least 1 Mafia on it: Beck/Guthrie/GLaDOS/Rainbowdash.
Transition to 1.4 is very interesting. 2 ponies of the monk wagon to theamateur and ThAdmiral on. Whiskers off. Analysis: one of Rainbowdash/GLaDOS is probably Mafia. One of Guthrie/ThAdmiral/Beck is probably Mafia.
The 4 player wagon at 1.7 probably has at least 1 Mafia on it: Whiskers/Guthrie/ThAdmiral/Beck.
At 1.8, I'm thinking perhaps 1 Mafia in: GLaDOS/Rainbowdash/Whiskers and 1 in Guthrie/ThAdmiral/Beck.

Let's do some distillation!
Beck claimed vig and so far there is no counter claim, perhaps he may be third party but this is not relevant atm. What is relevant is we can cross him out of the list of suspects for now and we're left with the conclusion of
ONE
Mafia in these groups:

1) Guthrie/GLaDOS/Rainbowdash
2) Rainbowdash/GLaDOS
3) Guthrie/ThAdmiral
4) Whiskers/Guthrie/ThAdmiral
5) GLaDOS/Rainbowdash/Whiskers
6) Guthrie/ThAdmiral

Analysis: Rainbowdash and GLaDOS don't share the same alignment. Guthrie and ThAdmiral don't share the same alignment (times 2, so more the evidence!) This leaves.... Whiskers cleared? (Hang on a minute! This is my brain talking, I'll let you know what my gut says about Whiskers soon.)

Time for me to take a break! I'll be right back after I do some things.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1073 (isolation #23) » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:57 am

Post by Charlie »

Okay, break's over & I have more stuff to do. Have a Rocktavia while you wait!

@Beck: It is nice, isn't it? Go on, try it on?
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1077 (isolation #24) » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:50 am

Post by Charlie »

So! After an
almost
continuous 8 day (give or take a day) of the game pausing for Night phase, I admit that I've lost some of my bearings for this game. I'm sure at least one of you feel the same way:

ThAdmiral wrote:Btw I forgot charlie was playing. My scum reads are guthrie/miss beauty and charlie, mainly by POE.
<snip>
...but then again I forgot about charlie. In fact...

unvote

vote: charlie

I might mention that I believe that the Process of Elimination (POE) method of scumhunting is a tried and proven method to work and I advocate it's use. Unfortunately that vote is misplaced.
------------
Let me refresh my mind by doing ISO-ing myself. I do post my notes in-thread for myself, you know!

Let's see ISO#16, my old list:
Hmm, let's add some colour & commentary to this list!

Charlie ISO#16 wrote:
My Little Listy: Town to Mafia

1. GLaDOS (honory for D1)
2. ThAdmiral
Albert B. Rampage
Yay, I'm correct

tarsonisocelot
Doh

subgenius

6. Rainbowdash
7. Guthrie
theamatuer

monk

10. Beck
malpascp
(Policy lynch: Lynch all Lurkers)
Derp

12. Whiskers (Playstyle, anti-wincon, vote patterns. Caveat: GLaDOS Townread on Whiskers)

The following is a
stream of consciousness
that may or may not make sense because it's basically
trying to explain my gut reads
. Don't misrep!
------------
Ah, I remember GLaDOS was a Town read because of meta: same here, same then. However between Whiskers & Beck & some other people posting stuff & stuff & stuff in thread making the game move at breakneck speed, I feel that this read gradually diminishes into a null read because the level of goodposting gets diluted. Make sense? Yes. Yes it does.
*GLaDOS is likely Mafia until the level of goodposting increases to match.
Y
/N
------------
I've mentioned that Rainbowdash was difficult to read... yes, it's all true.. so I opted a very different and (arguably) unusual method: I did a search post by user and actually read her stuff (it's still meta). The end result I see is a more passive pony playstyle which is very odd. I can't discuss ongoing games but I did quiz her in ISO#17 about a completed one. Didn't really get anything from that.
*Rainbowdash is likely Mafia because she failed to out-talk the talk in this fast game i.e. one would expect more stuff from her when she just falls short.
Y
/N
------------
ThAdmiral.... I remember him as the "catch-up" guy. I liked those catch-up posts, because Activity is Magic. Unfortunately the reality of the situation puts him at a null read. He ends up using the POE method to scumhunt (albeit wrongly; in terms of the result)
*ThAdmiral is a null read who ends up placing a vote on me which holds no water... Mafia? Y/
N

(Doesn't feel like it & I can't conclude anything based on what he has posted. Maybe I need to reread? Y/
N
)
------------
Whiskers! This individual I do have a serious bone to pick with because he basically
lied to himself
. Did you or did you not once said something along the lines of "I do not use <
insert bad word here
> readily" or something similar along those lines? Did you or did you not repeat it at least twice in the last few pages? Yes, yes you did. This isn't good because if you're lying to yourself then there is no telling what you're doing to anypony else. Ergo, you
canno
t be trusted. Granted, Beck also was in the frenzy of words but there is something about this exchange that is weird. Let me try to rationalize...

Whiskers said he isn't normally behaving like
this
(read: use of foul language)
Only way he would be is when he gets emotional, right.
Well then where is the breaking point in the thread? I don't see anything that warrants its use...
So...
LIES.
But wait! Have I seen such a deception before?
Hmm...
Yes. I remember mentioning that playstyle shift thing and even voted him for that. I hold it to be true, even though what ThAdmiral said as a counterpoint remains to be true.

So, does this explain things swimmingly? No? Then forget it, my gut says Whiskers isn't Town
*Whiskers is scum because of behavior I find erratic. But the VCA I did says the opposite. This means there is a conflict between my logic side of my brain and the gut side of.... waitaminute. This is ridiculous. Anyway. When this problem occurs, I'd normally go with gut read. Whiskers is Mafia.
Y
/N
------------
Um, okay, who else? Beck? Well, a claimed vig...could be SK... I'm getting confused over his chatter with tarsonohgoshwhatisgoingonnevermind.
Mist Beauty? No posts? I'll just junk my computer. *junks*
------------
There we go, I'm going off now. Ta-ta. If you have any problems with this post, please refer to my post #1069 to make yourself feel better. Otherwise, I'll come back in the evening. Or not. Or maybe. It is now 2.50am.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1080 (isolation #25) » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:09 am

Post by Charlie »

Silly Whiskers. I'll vote later once I gelled mind & gut reads.
Also, I'm going to make you eat some of those words (they should be delicious since they are pink).
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1093 (isolation #26) » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:27 am

Post by Charlie »

Good evening, ladies & gentlecolts. Today I shall be asking the lot of you some questions because, after thinking about this game for a bit, I realize that I may not have all the up to date information required for effective scumhunting. First, I'll settle some issues with Whiskers.
------------
Responses @Whiskers in chronological order.
1) Nyah! I am not afraid to admit when I'm wrong about this. You're probably right about yourself and it is me who has faulty memory about your
unladylike
behavior. This being the case, I apologize for accusing you of being a foul mouth (it very well could have been another player, I'm 99.99% sure it is this game. Heck, this is the only game I'm playing atm). But nope, I'm not getting my hooves dirty by ISO-ing a bunch a players looking for dirt. AH! DIRT! (Let's us all agree never to talk about this again)
2) ThAdmiral's counterpoint? He said your playstyle was a change for the better. He defended you with vim.
3) Silly question on that second bit which deserves no answer except a snarky one:
Certainly
, my dear.
4) Stream of consciousness where I dictate my flow of thoughts. My final analysis of who is Mafia (based on all my reads) have yet to come because of <read top of this post> Look, I never did think these points to be solid "cases" against anypony, so please mind your manners and don't go about attacking them so harshly. The nerve!
5) Beck is confirmed killing role with 0% chance of being Mafia because there has been 2 NKs each Night. And I think we really should be lynching Mafia Today, hmm? Hmm?
Oh and go ahead and give me
your
read on a player who has not posted at all. Go ahead, because I sincerely don't know how to do it. Predecessor doesn't count (and for the record I give replacements a clean slate until I see an issue)
6) You're going to eat those words, Whiskers.
7) Nyannyan nomnom
8) ...
9) Working is Magic. And whatever floats your boat.
10) This is settled.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1095 (isolation #27) » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:46 am

Post by Charlie »

Questions

Whiskers who appears to be Nurse Tenderheart/Redheart:

1) Kindly provide a concise case on your top scumread. Maybe your top 2 if you so wish.
2) Kindly who would you rather lynch between:
a) Rainbowdash/GLaDOS
b) Guthrie/ThAdmiral
Assuming the only viable wagon are either of these 2.
3) What are your opinions on Beck claimed vig? You don't seem convinced.

Rainbowdash who appears to be napping

1) Assuming that Guthrie/Mist Beauty does in fact get rope Today and flips scum, who's is most likely to be her buddy (assuming there are 3 Mafia members)?
2) Conversely, who is likely to be Mafia if she flips Town?
3) Have you ever chickened out on a race before?

[GLaDOS the Applejack Core

1) Top scumreads + reasonings, please? (And pleasepleaseplease don't say I'm at the top of your list, because 1 Jahudo the red panda syndrome problem is enough for me. I can't bear another one. If you don't understand the meaning of this then forget it. Because this is a past incident during a Large Theme game a long time ago)

Mist Beauty, please do catch up soon allright?
No questions for ThAdmiral.
Beck, same question as GLaDOS: Top scumreads + reasonings?
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1097 (isolation #28) » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:02 am

Post by Charlie »

In post 1094, Beck wrote:Is it bad that these ponies are starting to look cool? FML.

No offense though that rocker pony was meh. Tbh I like the one I saw dashie post where dash has a guitar. That was cool.

Dashie always posts cool pics, though I still think she could be scum.

Well, I belive she would be ecstatic if you said that she became 20% cooler. And I think with those pics, it is 20% less likely she is Mafia. (I'm biased, I like them)
------------
Anyway, let me take some time to explain the "Red Panda" effect I mentioned just a post earlier. This is directed to no particular person; just felt like trying to explain some strange stuff since I started playing online Mafia. The basic concept of this effect is the reader is distracted and loses focus when reading because of a picture looking at you.

Observe this picture:
This picture came from EquestriaDaily, the largest pony blog with all sorts of fan stuff. This one is a flash game with Rainbow Dash playing any note you want her to on her guitar (like the song Clocks by Coldplay, for instance. Awesome).

Anyway.

Notice that she is staring directly at you, the reader. Also, the fact that the animated form of her gets wingboners as she plays the guitar does not help. This is insanely distracting. The psychological barrier it forms is impossible to ignore and I cannot explain it.

In a past game there was a fuzzy red panda avatar looking directly at me. I couldn't read that player slot no matter how much I tried. I ended up being hammered by the red panda... It has scarred me since. That scar will remain.... FOREVER.
------------
And for the record, I know a thing or two about psychology!
Good night, everypony.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1098 (isolation #29) » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:10 am

Post by Charlie »

I realize that I may be suffering from ophthalmophobia, fear of being stared at.
Thank you, online mafia game.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1121 (isolation #30) » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:40 am

Post by Charlie »

I don't understand the flow of posts by Mist Beauty:
Mist Beauty [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=3472464#p3472464]#1088[/url] wrote:Good lord, this is too close, very important day. Vote: Rainbow Dash for now. I think(know) I need to reread. Thankfully it's until Oct 16th so no need for an all nighter.

Too close, important day..... a vote before a reread (having implied that she isn't fully caught up).... then a statement to affirm that deadline isn't close. So, why is there an urgent need to throw a vote before getting a grasp on the game?

Mist Beauty [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=3475085#p3475085]#1110[/url] wrote:Yeah, I'm actually fairly happy with my vote. The case against guthrie (who replaced out 3 months) ago is stale, and pathetic. Putting up a wagon for the sake of a wagon is rarely a town thing to do. anypony wouldn't do this guys, come on.

Can someone summarize why guthrie and by logic I'm scum? I feel that this wagon is being pushed by at least one player on a scum team, and that Rdash is trying too hard. I also didn't want to reread the entire thread, because I'm tired and helped out a bunch of people by replacing. But Dash vote makes sense to me.

Not convinced by the first paragraph because that's a very general thing to say, plus no evidence or reasoning.
Where did you get the feeling that Rainbowdash is "trying too hard"? I certainly don't see it that way.
Perhaps you can try reading the last 10 pages or so (20, if you can) to get caught up on the game if you don't want to read all 45 pages. That's what I did when I replaced into a Large game with like 60+ pages.

Mist Beauty [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=3475115#p3475115]#1113[/url] wrote:Honestly, I'm really overstretched right now... <snip>... I really care about this game and am trying to avoid an inactivity quicklynch. This does make dash somewhat scummy, but I haven't forgotten about tarsonisocelot, actually I don't remember him too much, this is Guthrie stuff.

The <snipped> part about personal issues I accept and respect. IMHO you shouldn't worry about an inactivity quicklynch because anypony who is paying a respectable ounce of attention to this game (thankfully, that's everypony) probably won't do such a thing. But I think you
are
worried because you've mentioned it. Strike 1 to you for implications towards self-preservation, a very Mafia thing to do.
...And I don't get what you're saying with that last sentence. Could you ever so kindly explain it when you've caught up with the game? Don't worry, I can wait.

------------

Whiskers, don't leave me hanging (ooh, I made a bad pun!) and let's see your so-called case againt your "top scumread" which you somehow; for reasons unfathomable, changed your vote from and placed it on Rainbowdash.
You also didn't want to answer my questions until I give my reads and thoughts... that's not a problem, I'll post my reads soon. As for my thoughts, in raw form you've already been presented with and criticized them.
You totally ignored my query to you regarding Beck. Answer the question, please: #1095

Whiskers [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=3474594#p3474594]#1104[/url] wrote:It'd put her at L-1. I'm guilty of it too, but this town likes to lynch.
<snip>
Or until Charlie votes somepony (in which case I'll react accordingly). I'm still waiting on reads from Charlie. Rarity's reads.

Swell, another joker implicating fear of a quicklynch at this point in the game.
And your quid pro quo attitude is duly noted. I don't think it's scummy but it does make me flustered; since I'm going to do it anyway then it doesn't really matter.

------------

Rainbowdash, sorry but I'm going to have to ask you to repharse your answer to 1) in #1100 because I don't know what in the hay are you saying. I get the second part fine. As for the "pointless" question, it was meta to test your personality (but your answered a middle road answer)

------------

Rainbowdash wrote:I doubt that anypony is going to quickhammer here without a claim...

Beck wrote:anyone quick hammers gets shot tonight, just putting that out there so don't derp

Truth.

GLaDOS [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=3474985#p3474985]#1108[/url] wrote:1.) I see Charlie has asked me fer my top scumpicks, but Ah jus' can't give an honest answer right now. If I knew, I'd likely be votin'. Ah'm gonna need to read over tha game with an eye towards tarsonisocelot connections b'fore I can say.

4.) Charlie, do ya feel ya put more effort into games if yer Town, or if yer Scum?

1) No
honest
answer now? Take your time, dear Applejack.
4) I'd have to go with more effort as Town. Scumhunting comes naturally as Town, so it actually requires less "work" to put in more "effort" (make sense?) When I play as Mafia there is the whole manipulation & predicting & choosing the NK things to think of I usually just leave it up to other members to decide while I sit in the corner and do nuts. (Calculus Mafia spring to mind, ThAdmiral played there too)
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1123 (isolation #31) » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:57 am

Post by Charlie »

Gelling time! I've all my notes and stuff posted and it's time to do egghead stuff. My logic reads + gut reads:

Rainbowdash and GLaDOS don't share the same alignment.
Guthrie
Mist Beauty and ThAdmiral don't share the same alignment.
Whiskers implicated to be cleared by VCA.
Whiskers is a very derpy and I'll peg her as a wildcard atm (really, can't decide this one)
Beck implicated to be not Mafia, likely vig rather than SK
If deadline was right now,
I'd pick Rainbowdash over GLaDOS, but it is a really hard for me to decide this pair.
I'd pick Mist Beauty over ThAdmiral but really need to see more content from these two before I'll consider a vote.

I'm quite confident about the first 2 statements. It isn't LyLo so I'm more inclined to follow my brain read rather than my gut read.

So in conclusion: Until further content is provided, I'm for lynching any of {Rainbowdash, GLaDOS, Mist Beauty, ThAdmiral} and if there is no scumflip, lynch the pairless player the next Day.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1125 (isolation #32) » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:53 am

Post by Charlie »

^
1) Well there we go! Succinctness is protown. Your first answer was not, that's a strike for you.
2) Ugh, way to misrep. That wasn't roleplay. I test a player's personality because unlike IRL Mafia (the game), which have non-verbal cues to detect a lie, online Mafia (the game) only has text. Throughout the game I had trouble forming a read on you. So, I subtly ask personality questions to help myself gauge your level of "truthiness". Callback to early game where there was a mini discussion about personality types.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1141 (isolation #33) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:47 am

Post by Charlie »

Oh dear.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1173 (isolation #34) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:19 pm

Post by Charlie »

Whiskers wrote:To get it straight:
I'm your top scum-pick, and the vote on ThAdmiral is just for pressure?

I'm your top scum-pick, and the vote on Rainbowdash is a joke; followed by an unvote. *slow hoof applause*
Why did you do a half-completed PBPA of me? It was just getting fun to read.

Whiskers wrote:Charlie: If you were somehow horribly maimed and mutilated (I know, you don't want to think about it!), until you only had one hoof of suspicion, whom would you point it at?
If you were lynched today, who are you most suspicious of?

Oh, you ask the most
undignified
questions... Mist Beauty.

Whiskers wrote:fos: Charlie, for saying she won't vote Mist Beauty because she replaced in and all replacements get a blank slate and she won't look at (Guthrie)'s posts as evidence.

And what in Equestria is wrong with the first part? I've played long enough to know that this is only fair for replacements. As for the second part, I never said that I won't look at Guthrie's posts as evidence; I said they don't
count
as reads for Mist Beauty. Read it in context, the statement clarifies that these two individuals don't have the same mind.

------------

[pony]...and do lay of the cupcakes, please. I do approve of musically inclined ponies, though.
In fact, hava a comic:

Octavia (playing a double bass): Could you please stop that freaking noise? I'm trying to concentrate on my music!
DJ-PON3 (at the turntables): What?! I thought you were torturing a moose with a corkscrew! Maybe I'm losing concentration because of you.
Octavia: Oh, that's typical coming from a bum without a single pinch of culture in that blue cloth you call a mane!
DJ-PON3: Oh yeah?! You feel so sophistacated just because you dress up like your granny? I've seen better culture floating in the toilet before flushing!
Octavia (glares, then imitates DJ-PON3 at the turntables): Chuu-Chuu-Cheekeeeh Nah Nah Nah Naaaaahhhh!! Come on, everypony! Let's turn into damn maniacs with the "cool" music I just learned from prison! *scratch* *scratch*
DJ-PON3 (glares, then imitates Octavia using the double bass): NYUUUUHHHH NAAAAAHHHHH NEEEEEEHHHHH!!! Wanna dislocate your mandible by yawning a lot? My geek pedentic music will make you -- zzzzzz *snores*
Octavia: YOU BETTER RETRACT YOURSELF NOW!!!
DJ-PON3: MAKE ME!!
*some harmonic hours later* :D
(
this space intentionally left blank to leave it up to the reader's imagination as to what happened next
)

So yeah, hit me up for another game with any of you jokers; I'm sure we'll have a blast. On that note with Berry Punch
Whiskers wrote:Might go with Berry Punch, she's a riot.

Ooh, that means you'll be posting in a drunken stupor throughout the game, right? Call me for that game, I wanna take pictures.[/pony]

------------

Okay enough off topic stuff. The current issue IMHO is:
1) Mist Beauty needs to catch up
2) GLaDOS needs to be replaced (sad!)
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1175 (isolation #35) » Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:49 am

Post by Charlie »

1) D'oh, it was a comic
2) Feh, two reasons: i) I don't remember much about that player slot as it was left "empty" for such a long time ii) I didn't think much of what Guthrie posted -- there were some odd things which he's said and done which I wasn't quite fond of... I'm sure I mentioned it someplace. I'm sure you'll stumble upon it when (maybe?) you complete my PBPA.
3) I don't really have an answer you want, Whiskers. I've put out my VCA analysis. I've put out my gut read, trying to explain them. I've gelled them together to form my own conclusion. 2 out of 4 of my lynch choices are inactive. The other 2 are closer to null reads. Lynch Mist Beauty Today, if she flips Mafia then it's a toss up lynch between GLaDOS' replacement and Rainbowdash on D4. If she flips Town, then ThAdmiral should be lynched D4. Make sense?
4) Oh you're
so
funny that I forgot to laugh.
5) Let me direct your attention to #1117
6) What point(s)? How do you expect me to shoot down your points when they themselves are not clearly laid out? I don't see a case to defend against; I don't even know how to begin? As for activity, I've already said before: I was away, on holidays, no desktop and only able to post from mobile. Thus, posts were infrequent and condensed (YOU try making longer posts with proper URL links on a mobile,
I dare you
. It's time consuming and frustrating). Now, I'm fully capable of posting all the snark you could ever want which I'm absohoovesly positively
sure
you're enjoying. Every bit of it.
7) Straightly so, no arguments here.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1177 (isolation #36) » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:34 am

Post by Charlie »

Whiskers wrote:Fair enough. I believe you're asking me again to make a case on you.
If I haven't done that, I will.

That bolded bit made me cringe, but okay.

Whiskers wrote:schoolwork

*smugface*
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1179 (isolation #37) » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:51 am

Post by Charlie »

^Because she needs to post, otherwise there isn't much to talk about. Give her time, rockerdude.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1185 (isolation #38) » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:04 am

Post by Charlie »

Your case is messy. Let me clean it up a bit for you.

Whiskers wrote:#406.
votes me due to positive shift in playstyle-- the same thing tarson voted me for.

And I assume by "the same thing tarson voted me for" is at #440?
Eeeee-nope.
Read that long and hard. Or provide me with evidence in another post. Coz I'm not seeing the same reason.

Whiskers wrote:#512.
Says he supports monk (in response to "theamatuer/monk?" Charlie says, "the latter.") Is influenced by GLaDOS, so is now reconsidering her vote on me.
says Beck looks (slightly) town, therefore monk looks (slightly) scum.

Says Tarson is town based on content-- this I have a major gripe with, there was very little substance to those posts. Oh, and then Charlie says tarson was active lurking. Active lurking but good content?
---Charlie, define "active lurking."

Nothing to say regarding the first paragraph.
Yeah, I said Tarson was Town based on what little content he had posted at that time. What in the hay is wrong with that? I can analyze stuff and make my own conclusions if the content available were little/massive and come to a conclusion of a Town/null/Mafia/etc. read. In other words, I can conclude that a player is Town based on little content the same way I cannot conclude anything i.e. null if a player posts massively.
In this case, my read was wrong.

Regarding the second part, please note your terrible misrep of my statement "active lurking hard to judge" statement, which was ended with a question mark.
You read it thinking I was accusing her of active lurking.
What I actually mean is "Is the princess actually active lurking? Haven't I seen her in the online users browsing this forum a few times before but she's not posting?"
You'll find evidence in my question towards her in my #668, where I queried her about her active lurking.
Also, I might add that this is one of those "notes to myself" thingy which I've mentioned recently in:

My definition of active lurking is lurking while following the thread closely without actually posting. An active lurker will generally go on defensive mode when facing the threat of lynch. More often that not, these players are Mafia aligned.

Whiskers wrote:I apparently accused Charlie of sheeping (here, she claims she wasn't. Okay.) Also, accuses me of tunneling Tarson, which I'm, fairly confident I wasn't. I made a case and pushed it slightly. Hey look, I was right, too, bro.
(I will take this time to gloat for a second: You got one right and one wrong-- a townread correct (flipped town), and a townread incorrect (flipped scum) ((you listed these somewhere)). I was correct on tarson, monk, and theamatuer. Oh, and subgenius. Wrong on Albert.)
---Charlie, define "tunneling."

What the hay? That wasn't an accusation, that was a query (see the question mark --> ?) When I made this post and the preceding one, I was on a mobile. Everything was condensed but I'm pretty sure the meaning didn't stray
that
far. For the record, I don't remember if I thought you were tunneling back then; nor do I think it matters now.
Tunneling is when a player focus so much on getting another player lynch that he or she loses focus of everypony else. Depending on the context, this can be a scumtell or towntell.

Whiskers wrote:Suspicion on Guthrie.
"strike 2 on the 'what are you doing' scale" ??? Is this like... tutoring? Please note that now, the suspicion of Guthrie is off-- except, she;s suspicious of Mist Beauty.
Comments on my better playstyle and votes me harder.

What's tutoring? Are you saying that Guthrie & myself are partners?
As for the strike 2, I remember he once did a derpy thing like saying "Oh Charlie is Town, I think I'll vote him oh wait I'm going to vote somepony else" I'm not going to explain this further or provide links because I think it's irrelevant.
I think the playstyle issue thing is settled... for now.

Whiskers wrote:Imma stop here for now, this is gold.

#324, monk/theamatuer is null/null. One V/LA and two ISO posts later (over 100 game posts), is leaning monk. In the post where she is leaning monk, says that monk is a slight scum read. (Contradiction.) ^^I can't use this very well, though, because I, too, was flipping back and forth, confused between two town read and not sure who to lynch.

#324 What's with the jumping around posts? It's called a PBPA, not a... nevermind, I'm going to assume you want to prove a point or something.
You are wrong and have misinterpreted my post here again (condensed post sure makes you cloudyheaded)
You asked me a question at #508
"Where do you stand on the current theamateur/monk fight?"
To which I replied
"The latter"
Which I mean "I stand on monk's side"
Which you misinterpreted as "I am against monk"
There is no contradiction.
Here's proof in #159, 9th line from bottom.

Whiskers wrote:#515, Sheeps Tarson, soft-Defends Tarosn, and Says that I am tunneling Tarsonisocelot.
Sheeps: My playstyle change was for the better. Applejack, among other ponies, pointed this out. Apparently that changes your mind some (so your read on me is weak?).
Says Tarson is town for good content. Immediately after, says that Tarson is active lurking (therefore, little to no content), so can't get a good read. Town for content, but reduced to null for lack of content. (Contradiction? Read on Tarson is weak?)
Says I am tunneling on Tarson. I basically call her out in a couple of posts for posting too infrequently and for not having anything of value to say-- active lurking. My read on her was weak, I didn't push it very hard. But I thought sche was scummy for lurking, you thought she was scummy for lurking, what's the problem? You're a hypocrite? Or what?

#515 belongs to Applejack core GLaDOS, you derpyhead!
#520 is probably what you mean.
As I read your words....then I look back at mine... and then I'm like "What the hay am I reading?"
My brain is full of apples at this time, I can't understand wtf you're saying with this point.
Where's the sheeping?
I
conceded
the tunneling counterpoint made by subgenius in that post...so... wha-?

------------

Whiskers, I think your attempt at a case like this is a valid Town tell. I'm
showing
you your mistakes and at the same time, my thought process which I'm hoping to convince you that I'm Town. You're top scumpick is Town. So help me lynch one of my picks. Of course I don't think you're convinced so quickly, so finish up your case on me knowing that you've misreped here and messed up there a bit. I'll be right here, waiting.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1186 (isolation #39) » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:05 am

Post by Charlie »

In post 1184, Rainbowdash wrote:There are probably a few points you are overselling since you look like are just going through everything and trying to see why he would say it as scum, but overall you do have quite a few good points.

Agreed on the first part, but where, pray tell, are these "few good points", specifically?
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1201 (isolation #40) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:51 am

Post by Charlie »

In post 1187, Whiskers wrote:
2: "Tarsonisocelot is a Town read based on content; active lurking hard to judge" Frankly, I disagree that Tarson had good content. I said something about her having
some
content, but that it wasn't really related to the game in any useful way. It was very well disguised fluff. I define active lurking as posting short, useless posts, but posting them often enough to not be called a lurker. In this case, Tarsonisocelot's posts were Long and useless, and she Was posting infrequently enough to be a lurker (imo).
"my statement "active lurking hard to judge" statement, which was ended with a question mark." It did?
#512: "Tarsonisocelot is a Town read based on content; active lurking hard to judge (fast paced game, that online users thingy?)" The question mark in question is inside of the Parenthesis. I'm not sure what the phrase it was applied to meant, I just ignored the ()s because I didn't understand what was inside of them. It appears as though you were saying because it is a fast-paced game, she is not active lurking? But right before, you says, "active lurking hard to judge," as though she is active lurking, and hard to judge. Is this incorrect?

I meant "it is hard for me to judge if she is active lurking or not".
I can see why you thought the way you did. I realize that it is partly my fault for not being clear on that matter, but believe you me this is a side effect of short posts. I suppose this is why some players go for the 'verbosity is better' policy.

Whiskers wrote:3: "tunneling on TO much, Whiskers?"
That's like saying, "gay-much, pony lover?" or "giggle much, Pinkie Pie?" It's a rhetorical question, it's accusing the subject of the verb. Your question mark does not signify that you were unsure, in this instance, due to your phrasing.
Also, if your Tunneling definition was correct, I didn't do it.

Erm, wha? I think you're over thinking here. You could have just answered the question and things might have gone a different path. But in the end, I accepted the fact that you were indeed not tunneling (refer to my preceding post, this is a tad repetitious)

Whiskers wrote:4: Tutoring is when a good scumplayer takes their noobscum partner and corrects their playstyle in-game (During the Day), much like an IC might do for a newbie in a newbie game.
This was a minor point, I'm not super interested in pressing it, just was pointing it out.
The Playstyle bit is fairly settled. I'll bring it back up if I think it applies, but I stand corrected.
(Oh, and yes, I was suggesting that you two might be partners.)

Well that's new to me!

Whiskers wrote:5: This is important-- no, I interpreted you as saying you were ON MONK'S SIDE. I asked you, "where do you stand?" and you said, "monk," but later you said, "monk is a null-scum read, because Beck is a null-town read." THERE is your contradiction.

Ah, I see what you mean now.
Well in my defense, the two points are different and unrelated:
1) Analyzing the theamatuer vs. monk argument, I was sided with monk (slightly)
2) Analyzing the Beck case on monk, he made goodposting (scumhunting) and managed to slightly convince me that he is correct i.e. monkscum
For the record, I think you're overdoing it with these points, Whiskers. I'm really loving and tolerating the muffins out of you.

Whiskers wrote:6: Idk. I haven't ISO'd up to 120 yet-- I just read it and it doens't look familiar. I'll clear this up later, off to choir now. Siiiiiiiiing!

(looked) Ah, no; #512, the same post some more.

At this point in my big post, I was summing up my points I had made with the references earlier.

Ah, this clears things up a tiny bit... Although I don't think you meant 120. That doesn't make any sense, you're looking at ISOs in reverse?

------------

ThAdmiral, could you please, oh, I don't know; scumhunt some? Or at least pretend to scumhunt? Or have you already made up your mind that Mist Beauty is the lynch for Today? Your latest slew of posts haven't been very useful. I especially didn't like this one:

ThAdmiral wrote:In this situation I'd rather the kill be entirely controlled by town (i.e. you shooting), rather than half controlled by town, half by scum (i.e. voting for a lynch of someone which scum also vote for).

It's hardly reckless, it is in fact the safest option.

Still seems reckless to me, no matter how much padding you apply to it.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1238 (isolation #41) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:27 pm

Post by Charlie »

Applejack wrote:I see that there are a whoppin' 50 pages of material to read,

Page by page, reading it together
Deadline looms, don't you know that others are sometimes right
Even if my choice of words were perfect
Gotta get them all done by 2 weeks
Applejack, my case is all but simple
Wait until you read it in it's slight
I'm waiting for your catch-up

Beck wrote:Well applejack is clearly the prettiest pony I see.

ImageImage

Whiskers wrote:If somepony has time, the check would be great, but the fact that you're willing to give me the information makes me considerably less worried.

I can verify that, as I was in that game she mentioned.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1253 (isolation #42) » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:05 pm

Post by Charlie »

Mist Beauty wrote:my roleclaim: I am a Bodyguard.

I am a cop, and tarsonisocelot investigated as scum.

tarsonisocelot, a goon, is now dead.

maxwell, a cop, is dead.

:roll:
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1256 (isolation #43) » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:19 pm

Post by Charlie »

Whiskers wrote:Also, you keep championing Guthrie (your predecessor) like he did a great job catching Tarsonisocelot, but later go on to defend him from RDash and say that you admit to him not doing a lot.

What I got from that wallpost was that Mist was looking too hard into justifying her predecessor's action. I've said this before: they don't share the same mind, so what possible motive she could have by doing that? Answer: survival.
Another thing I noticed was a kind of retrospective analysis with selective reads i.e. thorwing out the vig claim (wth?), calling subgenius protown then attacking those who attacked him.
And the comes the bodyguard claim.
I'm 99.99% sure that Mist is Mafia.
VOTE: Mist Beauty
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1306 (isolation #44) » Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:45 pm

Post by Charlie »

VOTE: ThAdmiral
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1312 (isolation #45) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:51 am

Post by Charlie »

In post 1308, Applejack wrote:Charlie and ThAdmiral, if the both of ya can either summarize or link me ta the cases ya have on each other, that'd be right helpful. Thanks in advance.

#1123 and also take a look at the preceding sequential posts: #1077 and #1072
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1314 (isolation #46) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:56 am

Post by Charlie »

I'm an Innocent Townie and Whiskers is last to claim.

ThAdmiral wrote:He hammered mist after she had claimed bodyguard. He didn't give her time to respond to his accusation that she should have protected the cop. As it turned out she had a perfectly understandable reason why she didn't. It is clear to me he saw a chance to hammer the doc and get away with it and took it..

I don't believe beck didn't shoot. Although if he was going to shoot whiskers it's probably for the best.

What is this I don't even.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1317 (isolation #47) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:14 pm

Post by Charlie »

Hapi burfday, Rainbowdash.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1346 (isolation #48) » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:10 pm

Post by Charlie »

ThAdmiral has been so presumptuous with that last slew of posts, its not even funny.

In post 1337, Applejack wrote:While I'm lookin' into Rainbowdash... Charlie and ThAdmiral, start talkin' to me 'bout why you're town. Not why you're not scum, but why you're town. Link as needed.

Throughout the whole of my mafiascum career, I believe this is the first time anypony asked me this question. I don't know where you're going with this but anyway..
I'm Town because I've done those VCAs and analyzed them myself. I've been honest about my reads thus far and held nothing back as I've nothing to lose. I've been wrong on multiple occasions but I still press on despite this because I've nothing to hide. Links - check the ones I've already given to you?

Rainbowdash wrote:Right now if I had to vote it would be Charlie though.

Oh, so the Mafia are you and ThAdmiral. Things are beginning to shape up, I see.

Whiskers wrote:Charlie, ThAdmiral, why hasn't scum hammered one of you?

Oh I don't know, Whiskers. Perhaps we're in a face off situation?

Whiskers wrote:Also until I remake my whole list of fucking reads and shit, because my computer is a piece of shit and ate it.

So, V/LA until I get a new computer, since I'll be crushing this one at my earliest convenience.

While I look down upon your deluge of vile words, I might be able to help you find your draft/note before you resort to doing this:
The forum has a weird feature where it separates normal drafts & PM drafts. Check both these areas:

1) User Control Panel > Overview > Manage drafts
2) User Control Panel > Private messages > Manage PM drafts

Of course, this is assuming you've saved your notes using local features. I don't blame the computer; I usually blame the pony between the chair and the keyboard.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1349 (isolation #49) » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:35 am

Post by Charlie »

In post 1347, ThAdmiral wrote:
In post 1341, Whiskers wrote:Charlie, ThAdmiral, why hasn't scum hammered one of you?

Because one of us is scum. *BOOM*

I said the exact same thing, except in a more ladylike manner:
Charlie wrote:Oh I don't know, Whiskers. Perhaps we're in a face off situation?

ThAdmiral wrote:
In post 1346, Charlie wrote:ThAdmiral has been so
presumptuous
with that last slew of posts, its not even funny.

Ooooh. Them's fighting words.

Take that, you ruffian! Even though I may be prim and proper, I can make it in a fight.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1355 (isolation #50) » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:11 pm

Post by Charlie »

@Whiskers: Great, let's hear what you have.
@Applejack: Still waiting on your opinions on... well, everything, really.
@Rainbowdash: I'll deal with you later, as I want to hear out what Applejack think about everything.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1357 (isolation #51) » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:55 pm

Post by Charlie »

So we're pretty much sitting on our plots until our lovely pair gets back. Okay, no problem. We've got ~2 weeks to deadline.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1359 (isolation #52) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:25 am

Post by Charlie »

Whiskers, that is because I went on a holiday. 6th - 24th Sept. It was great; I throughly enjoyed it. I would do some Internet stuff before turning in for the night if the area I was in had WiFi (and as I learned, a good number of B&Bs in the UK have this). Online Mafia isn't a priority. And it didn't help that the game was fast paced then.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1368 (isolation #53) » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:55 am

Post by Charlie »

@Mod: V/LA for the weekend
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1389 (isolation #54) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:25 am

Post by Charlie »

Hello everypony! I'm back from V/LA.

How am I you ask? I'm feeling absolutely
fabulous
, thanks for asking. Now, let's get down to business.
*puts on librarian glasses*
I do not understand what's going on in this thread.
Let me clarify:

1) I don't understand why Applejack still hasn't caught up yet. It has been a while and I always give everypony the benefit of the doubt whenever they are in 'catch-up mode' and I'm still going to do just that. Get caught up soon, my dear.
2) I don't understand what Whiskers is rambling about. Perhaps you really do have a Pinkie Pie personality (of hyperactive/ADHD type). This is not an insult, it is an opinion.
3) I don't understand what in Equestria is Rainbowdash doing. I do have reserved opinions about this pony but I really want to... no, need to, get Applejack's opinions out there on the table first. See, I'm quite convinced of these:
i) ThAdmiral is Mafia
ii) One of Applejack/Rainbowdash is Mafia
iii) Whiskers is a wildcard:- she has such an erratic behavior which I can see Whiskers-Mafia make, but it seems.... too easy.

I need to validate ii) but it does not work with a one way conversation. I need everypony to lay their cards on the table before the magic of scumhunting by discussion will work. In the meantime, everypony (including you, Rainbowdash) go ISO Rainbowdash and take a good look at the posts she made in twilight. See if it makes sense.

4) I don't understand why ThAdmiral-Mafia isn't pushing harder for my lynch. But then again, I can't forsee what ThAdmiral-Mafia's strategy is. Oh well, doesn't really matter.

I... am also confused about some other thing, but I'll ask about it after the game is over.

Oh, and on side note, everypony go watch Lesson Zero. YouTube works. It's hilarious.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1394 (isolation #55) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:57 pm

Post by Charlie »

In post 1374, Applejack wrote:Are VCAs somethin' ya don't do as scum, Charlie?

I don't remember doing those as Mafia.

Whiskers wrote:Why aren't You pushing for ThAdmiral's lynch harder? I haven't seen a case on him yet.

Whiskers wrote:And no, It wasn't an insult, no matter what the intent. Pinkie Pie has an intuition like no other.
Where Twilight Sparkle misses social cues,
Rainbow Dash is too forceful, and gets hung up on one little thing,
Fluttershy wouldn't dare to step out of her comfort zone,
Rarity's code of honor restricts her view,
Applejack only understands an obvious representation of the truth,

Pinkie Pie has reasonable suspicion, and often in the right places. When she is wrong, she can be easily corrected.

ThAdmiral: Twitch-a-twitch.

Hnnnnnngggggg! Pay attention, Whiskers! My case is one of Mist Beauty/ThAdmiral and a one of Applejack (previously GLaDOS)/Rainbowdash with you as wildcard. And as for your second post above, I feel like giving you a lecture all about haute couture & prêt-à-porter.

Applejack wrote:I am sorry. I know I've been promising content for an eon and a half, and I really don't have an excuse to be taking this long. To be honest, I shouldn't have accepted this replacement request given what was going on in my life, but I'm not replacing out now as that would just be a dick move. Please bear with me for just a couple of more days; I was able to get running reading the thread early this morning, and I think that if I manage my time wisely I'll be completely caught up by the middle of the week.

Spoiler: <3

Applejack wrote:If you're interested in my thoughts as of right now, I think I left off at about page 10 (yes, I am
that
bad), and I haven't been checking recent posts as they've been referencing different places in the thread that I'm not familiar with. To start off, I think I have a fairly good idea of who Rainbowdash is; if I am correct, then there's a few things that are on my mind regarding Rainbowdash. First, while I find it strange that Rainbowdash didn't question tarsonisocelot for giving her helm of the town voting bloc, Rainbowdash's explanation for why she believed that move from tarsonisocelot to come from town is highly consistent with something similar I saw [REDACTED] say as town. Since Rainbowdash is presumably a secret identity, there's no reason for me to worry about meta manipulation..

Aha!

Applejack wrote:Second, I've been seeing claims that tarsonisocelot was lurking; if this is true, I find it difficult to believe that Rainbowdash wouldn't bus tarsonisocelot, a mere mafia goon, and would instead heavily defend tarsonisocelot to Rainbowdash's own detriment. I'm trying to investigate the general opinion around tarsonisocelot up to her lynch on Day 2 to see if there were indeed accusations of lurking, so I'll see pretty soon if my hypothesis here holds any water.

And I'm expecting your analysis.

Applejack wrote:As for tarsonisocelot's lurking, I noted that Whiskers called out tarsonisocelot for lurking on September 3, one day after the thread opened. That rubs me the wrong way. Whiskers did this again early on September 4, as well, but she had reason to do so that time, since tarsonisocelot was seen in the "Who Is Online" feature. I'm interested now in seeing tarsonisocelot's behavior toward Whiskers as well as why GLaDOS strongly believed Whiskers to be town.

Might not be the most reliable tell.

Applejack wrote:I don't have any comments right now toward Charlie and ThAdmiral, since right now I haven't gotten a proper grip on either from what I've read of Day 1 so far. What I will say, though, is that -- if I were to choose between their answers to my "Why are you town?" question earlier -- Charlie comes out the better of the two because his response was closer to my intent behind the question than ThAdmiral's was. I don't think Charlie got around to responding to my question if he does VCAs only as town, though.

Frankly, this is the most important thing to comment on right now. At this point I've convinced that ThAdmiral is Mafia given the fact that there hasn't been a quickhammer already. That being the case, I'll be looking into who is most likely his partner + interactions with tarsonisocelot. If you're Town, don't hold back on saying what's on your mind; I'll scrutinize it. If you're Mafia then... well, here's hoping that you've slipped up somewhere.

Again, let me say why your not catching-up/providing content is detrimental to scumhunting: I'm working on the basis of one of Applejack/Rainbowdash is Mafia (with Whiskers as wildcard & ThAdmiral as Mafia). I'd compare the actions/opinions of both but I keep finding my Applejack notes empty. I can say loads of stuff about Rainbowdash, but not Applejack and I'm fearful that if it turns out that it is Applejack-Mafia, then I'm being played as a tool. Make sense?

And I've rectified that last bit, albeit being confused about the nature of such a question.

Applejack wrote:Well, that turned out to be a huge post detailing why I haven't a clue. I'll be here all night and all morning. If any of y'all lovely ponies could fix me a fine and strong cup of coffee, that'd be real nice of ya.

I think you just need a hug.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1396 (isolation #56) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:40 pm

Post by Charlie »

I know, Pinkie Pie. I know. So you don't follow my line of thought? Fine, I'll show you:
One of Mist Beauty/ThAdmiral is likely Mafia. Mist Beauty was lynched, she flipped Town. Therefore, ThAdmiral is even more likely to be Mafia.

Links... I feel this is kinda repetitious but I'll give you some, along with generous amount of patience.
Final case: #1123
My VCA: #1072
Post where I spilled my gut reads (stream of consciousness): #1077
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1399 (isolation #57) » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:50 pm

Post by Charlie »

Oh, ThAdmiral, you're such a charmer.
So now we can expect content coming from everypony.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1400 (isolation #58) » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:19 pm

Post by Charlie »

Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1412 (isolation #59) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:12 pm

Post by Charlie »

@Whiskers: Ahaha, I must admit that I snickered a little too loud at that #1407. If I were somewhere public then it would be socially awkward.

I'm going to leave ThAdmiral alone to ask silly questions to Whiskers while I ask my own to Applejack:

@Applejack: Well you're certainly not caught up. 18 pages in a 57 page game, which the majority was at a fast pace. Still, you must know some of the key facts which are 1) there was a cop claim which led to a Mafia lynch D2 albeit quickly and 2) There was a bodyguard claim on D3 with a dead cop, which I promptly hammered & was accused by ThAdmiral of scum quickhammer.

That, he believes, is the scummiest thing I've done and is the reason he is currently voting for me. To which, my response is.... er, how do you put this nicely?
Utter horseapples

I won't elaborate on the details because I need you to see for yourself and make a judgement call -- so would you kindly skip to page 39 and give on your opinions from there? For thoroughness sake you
should
go in chronology but after you made that last post, I feel this form of "motivation by player prod" is more useful (I know it works for me in a previous Large Game long ago)

Also, because of this line:
Applejack wrote:I'll definitely make it well before deadline to leave room for whatever discussion needs to occur, though.

I'm holding you to your word. I'll refrain from asking specific questions which may bias your opinions before reread and thus leading to more confusion.

Keep in mind I'm firmly of the opinion that ThAdmiral is Mafia; & believe that one of yourself/Rainbowdash is Mafia (lopsided content making reads difficult) with Whiskers as wildcard (many points to ask)
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1493 (isolation #60) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:23 pm

Post by Charlie »

In post 1415, Whiskers wrote:Charlie, I'm kind of leaning on you for your reads and stuff. Because if I don't die toNight, then YOU will.

In post 1478, Whiskers wrote:Unvote. Vote: Charlie. As much as I want an all-pony endgame, Rainbowdash is pretty good reaction-based town here, and I'm gonna sheep her.

Whiskers wrote:Unvote

Whiskers talking to Applejack who appeared to have had a mini meltdown wrote:I don't recall asking you to do it right away-- that was mostly the pressure that we were all worried that Charlie or ThAdmiral were going to come in and hammer.

Also, I didn't criticize you for taking so long with it, even though you did think that. I was talking about how long it was taking for me to do something.

Pinkie Pie, you're so random. So very very random, words fail to describe you. I think even pictures fail to do so, and you know what they say about pictures painting a thousand words and all that.

Randomness

• Did a half ISO 'attack' on me, stops halfway leaving me feel kinda 'hanging'
  • Promises notes, but yet to deliver
  • Borderline dangerous talk about ongoing games
  • Many older shenanigans that I won't bother to look for but trust me they are there

Your jokes are fine; being light-hearted and all but many of your actions throughout the game are questionable. Ergo, Whiskers the WILDCARD. Asking questions is difficult when I'm finding my hoof in contact to my face most of the time.

------------

OK, I'll let everypony in on a little secret. The whole point of waiting for Applejack to catch up was to see if she commits an IIoF (Information Instead of Analysis) tell, one scumtell which I find best used on replacements entering late game (based on personal experience). This didn't work because Whiskers pointed out all the key points in #1414 of which Applejack should have analysed and not regurgitate (great job, Whiskers). Applejack subsequently admits that she should have asked for this a long time ago, which was EXACTLY what I was thinking of: Why didn't she just ask?

Moving on, she mentions a strong Town read on both Whiskers & Rainbowdash when she was reading page 19, and this carried forward until she finished. This I find to be very strange because, well, reads are supposed to change over time adding in the new factors, unless there is another justification for it which I don't see. It feels like there is a gap in your reads. The final conclusion post just didn't have much conviction to it, which I fully expect after having so long to read. Since you've said you'll reread relevant portions of the thread later, I'll be expecting more stuff from you.

On a side note, you've mentioned Newbie 1040... which was about 2 years ago. A very early game. Wow, looking back I don't remember much details, but reading it I find you goofed up and helped lynched me D1 and got killed off N1. Nothing much to say about meta that long ago because I feel that I was a different player back then than I am now, so you can draw your on conclusions.

On another side note, I think we'll need to have a chat about posting from a mobile device postgame.

------------

Now, I deal with Rainbowdash. Ha, I've not forgotten about you. I've mentioned that I'll deal with you later, and that later is now! Since we'll be lynching ThAdmiral-Mafia Today and there is a fair chance that I'll not be allowed to live for Tomorrow's LyLo, I can't afford to hold back any information in the form of my notes.

Here are significant findings (no URLs, these I gotta quote):
In post 1219, Rainbowdash wrote:Beck, please settle here.

Mist is the lynch. Look at the interactions between Guth and Tarson, the most they ever get on eachother is when Guth casts a vote for Tarson early, and then immediatly starts trying to attack the rest of the wagon, eventually abandoning the Tarson wagon while calling everyone who got any atteniton during the first day scum. That pony set himself up to lynch practically anypony he wanted to, but when given the chance to lynch Tarson, stalled off the wagon before moving to others.

Whiskers is actually more likely then not town as well. Think about it, she isnt going to work with Charlie given todays interaction. You are vig. GLaDOS reads town, the only way Whiskers can possibly be scum here is if its with Thad, even then given the interactions between them im going to say those poines aren't scum together.

Its going to be Mist with almost for sure Charlie.

In post 1297, Rainbowdash wrote:
I'd like your reads on Glados vs TheAdmiral vs Beck. Do you believe Beck is vig? What do you think scum team will do, (ASSUMING I FLIP BODYGUARD) this night phase? ASSUMING I FLIP TOWN, give me your top 2 scummiest people.

Beck is probably vig due to the monk kill. GLaDOS I have just read as scum for the most point the entire game.
I would say if you flipped town, Charlie would be scummiest.
Next would be a tossup between Thad and Whiskers, I think I would side with Whiskers due to making more sense with Charlie, but im not sure.

Im probably done for the night too here.

These posts, within the span of 3 pages and covering prehammer & twilight, is in direct contradiction. Rainbowdash explicitly pairs myself and Mist Beauty as scumteam, then says that if she flips Town, I'm scummiest.

Horseapples.

I've told everypony to go ISO Rainbowdash (sorta breadcrumbed?) and look at her posts in twilight, in hopes that somepony would be able to point this out, but nope. Whiskers is just too random to notice. ThAdmiral-Mafia would just ignore it. Applejack didn't see this because...well idk, drunk on apple cider and/or sleep deprived/is Mafia.

I'm waiting to see how Rainbowdash explains herself on this one.
The rest of my notes point out specific blurbs that, after looking at again, seems small as compared to the above point and the majority of early game were marked as null reads. See, I keep my notes tidy just like Twilight.

------------

Too Long;Didn't Read?
TL;DR?
Teal Deer?

@Whiskers: Just give your notes up.
@Applejack: Reread.
@Rainbowdash: Explain.
@ThAdmiral: Well you're Mafia, but you mentioned that you're ill so get well soon and some rope?

@Everypony: After we've settled the above outstanding issues, I can accept no less than a ThAdmiral lynch Today. Then we can decide which pony is a traitor in our Town Tomorrow, please and thank you.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1501 (isolation #61) » Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:28 pm

Post by Charlie »

Hey! Unvote, please.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1503 (isolation #62) » Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:34 pm

Post by Charlie »

Ah. We'll have a delightful soirée.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1508 (isolation #63) » Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:32 pm

Post by Charlie »

In post 1494, ThAdmiral wrote:This is funny for a couple of reasons:
1 - you've said words to the effect a few times but it shouldn't be "opinion" at this stage that I'm scum. There's one vote on each of us and if we were both town scum would have double voted for the win so one of us has to be mafia. Since I know I'm town, I know you're scum.
2 - You've listed everyone as possible scum.

1. It's obvious, don't nitpick.
2. Yes. Everypony has points that indicate scuminess and I'm having trouble deciding who is your buddy.

ThAdmiral wrote:1. Charlie voted you for the ridiculous reason of changing your playstyle (post 406). As I said at the time the shift was entirely for the better. Completely contrived reason to vote someone.
2. Charlie's list of town to scum was strange to say the least (post 653). First of all there was little to no explanation. Second of all it gave the number one spot away for "honory" reasons to Glados, it had perennial catch up merchant (i.e. myself) at 2, trolling ABR at 3, scum tarsonis at 4, obvtown beck at 10, malpascp at 11 for the cop-out reason of lurking, and yourself at 12 (the bottom spot) for "playstyle, anti-wincon, vote-patterns".
3. He hammered mist after she claimed doc. I don't believe no one else see's this the way I do. As soon as that happened I had charlie pegged as obvscum.

1. That point has been there forever, you're repeating it. Also it has been discussed to death IMHO.
2. Repetition. That list was based on my thoughts early game; it would be difficult to justify anything other than by lying (now why would I do that?)
3. For the record, doc isn't the same as bodyguard. You don't think my reasons were clear enough but I do. Her claim was shady.
i) Replace into protective role slot during Night
ii) Fail to realize cop claim + guilty + Mafia lynch
iii) Did not claim protect target (did not submit protective action)
iv) Cop dies

In post 1495, Applejack wrote:Charlie, what was the purpose of detailing how Whiskers is a wildcard? And yes, Newbie 1040 is an old game; it's not quite 2 years old, but it was a game that I recalled first. I'll look over MLP Mafia, too, now that I remember you were in that game.

Because
, my dear Applejack, I can see everypony as possible Mafia at this point. ThAdmiral is confirmed Mafia and the way I see it, the only lynch for Today. If I'm lynched, it's game over and I complain about how bad decisions lost us the game. If ThAdmiral is lynched then the game goes into LyLo again but there is no gurantee that I survive the Night. Therefore I need to get all my thoughts out there on the table, even if it's full of doubt.

Meta me all you want, and if possible make a condensed conclusion. I'm quite interested in what you have to say about it.

In post 1496, Whiskers wrote:Charlie: You should just ask Applejack to do Analysis instead of information. Yeah, that is a scumtell, but worst case it'll be revealing and we'll find scum using it (either her, or somepony else)

No, Whiskers; I was waiting to see if she COMMITS the IIoA scumtell. Telling her to do so would defeat the entire purpose. Like I said, I believe this tell to be most effective on replacements. Why? Because in my past games as replace into Mafia slot I committed this tell multiple times, and am trying to detect if somepony else does it too.

Whiskers wrote:RainbowDash didn't really contradict herself there-- she pulled a Beck and got stuck on two players, you and Mist. Lynching Mist that Day, the other player was you, so she decided that you would absolutely be scum no matter what.

Still horseapples because I fail to see a build up case on me at that time.

Whiskers wrote:Why did you hammer on Mist?

Find my answer above in my response to ThAdmiral.

Whiskers wrote:Charlie, I lost my notes, remember? Also, your "teeny tiny, itty bitty, suuuuper specific blurbs" are the best kind of thing to use, right?

Didn't you say you had a newer, better version of it? Don't lie, I will search for it if you say no.
Kinda hard to convince other ponies when those notes read something along the lines of "Lack of attack", "Passive to null" , "WTF is this"... also, I work with these notes on the fly with reference to "Search posts by user" feature and because of this it is kinda awkward to share publicly. No discussion about ongoing games.

In short, the notes I made on Rainbowdash are great for personal reads (previously null throughout early game) but not great for sharing. Thinking more about this generally, I think this is an eligible topic in Mafia Discussion. That feature is relatively new... but back on track!

Whiskers wrote:Also, please go and counter Rainbowdash's case on you.

What case?

Rainbowdash wrote:@Charlie - What does that even mean? I laid out what I said quite clearly, I thought Mist was scum. In the event that she was, you were obviously a partner. If she was town, you were still going to be the scummiest pony out there.

Don't play coy, those statements were as cloudy as the sky with you on the job napping in hard trees instead of soft clouds.

Anyway. I need to leave for an hour or 2, don't do anything disastrous like vote me while I'm away. I'm not finished.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1512 (isolation #64) » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:27 pm

Post by Charlie »

Mhh, I'm back. This isn't one of those moments of "the more I post, the more likely I'm lynched" isn't it? I'm getting fed up with this happening to me in so many games (and I mostly play 1 game at a time!)

Anyway, responding to things now.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1515 (isolation #65) » Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:21 pm

Post by Charlie »

Rainbowdash wrote:Utter horseapples.

In the end though I still come out of it not liking Charlie too much. I think it might be in large part to how I really don't understand his town read on Tarson. It just seems like when I made a big fuss about how Tarson was town for the voting block play, he just called her town for im not too sure what in the long run. Most I can tell was the Whiskers push, which looking back I am not that big of a fan of.

Ugh this just is making me more confused then I was earlier about all of this.

I like that he eventually tried to start clearing ponies by PoE, but at the same time he really was not allowing Whiskers to get entirely cleared for a long time, despite the VCA pointing to it.

1077 bugs me again though, he baiscally makes posts that say everypony is scum for some reason or another, with the exception of Guthiere/Mist (which was in large part why I thought they were scum together), who he votes after the catchup post. Which would lead me to believe the entire case on Mist for Charlie came from the catchup post, it was more the opposite for me so maybe I just dont get it that much.

Im a little less confident, and still need to reread Thad, but just the way that Charlie seemed to use the noise regarding Tarson-town that I created to stick a more unexplained town read on her in there makes me think he is scum. If Charlie is scum, I would be about ready to bet the farm on Whiskers being town too.

Wow, biased much? Seems to me that Rainbowdash bought Pinkie Pie's (Whisker's) trust for $0.99. Now since I know these two are not scum together, I'm utterly confused right now.

Whiskers, I don't understand why, and when, did you about turn on your reads on myself and Thadmiral. Last I thought you were sensible enough to think ThAdmiral is the correct lynch. Then you voted for me, unvoted, then when I replied to everything you threw it away and threatened a melodramatic vote.

I give up trying to understand you, Whiskers. Each time, despite much restrain, I find myself burying my head in disappointment over the things that you say or do. I make myself feel better by throwing away my original principle of 'give everyone the benefit of the doubt first'. I then replace it with my principle of how to behave while driving on the road, one which has kept me accident free. And that principle is 'assume that everyone else on the road is a dumbass'. I feel much better.

I'm so pathetic.

Answers to Whiskers in chronology:
1. What is the point of pointing out syntax?
2. Not others having points, strong or not... ME deciding that everyone else has scum points. Not you, but me. Your opinion =/= my opinion.
1. You put a sarcastic remark here yet answered my sarcastic question in the next line, making me think that you're either not good at sarcasm or you're not good at sarcasm. On a serious note, what do you want to discuss about this, and would me saying stuff really make you change your mind about this one issue?
2. Answering my question with
You would do that if you were scum, that's why you would do that.
makes me facehoof. Asking me again that question, to which I've answered so many many many times, its because of my VCA which indicates that one of ThAdmiral/Mist Beauty is Mafia. Mist Beauty flipped Town therefore ThAdmiral is Mafia.
I think you just don't care about my answers, or are intentionally ignoring them, Whiskers. This is very scummy in my books, and your wildcard status has been demoted (promoted?) into scummy status. Don't let this bother you, but I'm going to say now that you're just as likely to be Mafia as RD/AJ now. This makes it RD/AJ/PP which makes it everypony! Whee! Thank you for making yourself so difficult, Whiskers!

Forgive my ramblings. The condensed version is I have no idea now who is ThAdmiral partnered with.

3. I maintain that I did not quickhammer, I was certain with like 99% certainly that Mist Beauty would flip Mafia at that point. She claimed without a Night Action which I find very wrong and disgenuine. It was the correct thing to do; I regret nothing.

1. Whatever. What exchange?
2. WTF.
In post 1350, Whiskers wrote:Actualy, no. I used the word processor, saved my three pages of notes, restarted my computer (since it spontaneously dsconnected from the internet, twice, and there's nothing to reconnect it except restarting it), brought the file back up, everything was gone. Yes, I saved, if I hadn't, the file wouldn't have been there at all, let alone empty.

And actually, I have a more powerful replacement lined up already. I just need to transfer files over and take the screen out of this one.

4. No. I'm fed up with you, Whiskers. I gave you my all and you've not returned back the favour (wait, that doesn't sound right...at all... but I'm leaving it here because it's funny)

1. Yes, maybe not the first time. I derped here, but IMHO you derped 1000x more.
2. That's your opinion, I've got nothing to say about it but I've got my own.

1. I don't respond well to threats. Especially ones that will lose us the game.

Whiskers wrote:Oh silly, that's why lurkers don't get lynched! (Tarsonisocelot, Albert B. Rampage, Guthrie, ThAdmiral)

What ThAdmiral just said, and this is opposite to my stance: Lynch all Lurkers.
I bet if this were brought up early game, we'd have such a party arguing all about it.

------------

I'm feeling drained after posting all that stuff. I feel that I've missed out things concerning RD/AJ, so if any of you could help... I'd appreciate it. I'll try to ignore Whiskers for a bit for the sake of my mental well being. Thanks for understanding, everypony.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1516 (isolation #66) » Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:31 pm

Post by Charlie »

Have an exploitable pony screenshot for mafia games.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1519 (isolation #67) » Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:42 pm

Post by Charlie »

I'm going off to take a nap.

Goodnight.

P-edit: RD, I don't know. Perhaps I'll be able to think better afterwards. For now, I need to logout.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1522 (isolation #68) » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:53 am

Post by Charlie »

Well, I'm back and feeling less sleepier now. I have to address some issues.

I have come to realize that it makes no sense that Rainbowdash is Mafia. In that span of 3 minutes between #1478 - #1480, it would be endgame if she were. Since she didn't drop the hammer then, she's confirmed Town in my books.

Wow, this makes things much easier! This means the final scum is one of Whiskers/Applejack.
And this makes Whiskers more bearable: I can just attribute all the anvils that she dropped on my head as a means of messing with my mind while I'm stressed out by the prospect of a mislynch.

I'll quickly comment on what I found in Pinkie Pie's latest post:
1) You're right on the pair NOT being ThAdmiral & Rainbowdash.
2) Seems like you've already watched Luna Eclipsed.
3) Opalescence is the only one for me.

Do you want a point by point answer? I'll provide one only if you want one.

@Applejack: Need some input from you,
sugarcube
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1534 (isolation #69) » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:33 pm

Post by Charlie »

Okay, Pinkie Pie... let's get to down to business.

Chronological answers as usual, responding to all the pink cotton candy after my pathetic link.

1. I'm glad this is settled, turning a small problem into a big one is always bad (especially if it results in a huge, ginormous, princess-has-to-come-to-save-the-day problem)
2. The answer to this question is now outdated & redundant: back when I made that post I was between RD/AJ/yourself, this has changed to be either between AJ/yourself.
3. Okay, about the sarcasm bit... here's how it panned out. All the statements you've provided example of are indeed correct, in that they are serious and not sarcastic. I threw in a single sarcastic remark in parenthesis, a rhetorical question of 'now why would I do that (lie)?' to which you responded 'because you are scum' which is totally the expected answer because there is no other alternative! Hence, the statement is understood as not needing an answer but you went ahead with answering and here we are now discussing a pointless issue.

What I did was on-the-fly, a tiny bit of flamboyancy that I allowed myself as a means to release some steam while reading your hyperactive-all-over-the-place posts. To be complete, I'll also admit that I do so to adhere to a more Rarity-like personality -- I can imagine her character posting as such. Can you tell that each time I respond to you I find myself frustrated because of the way you say and do things?

4. Links? Again? This is only the 4th time somepony requested it, Pinkie Pie.

In post 1396, Charlie wrote:I know, Pinkie Pie. I know. So you don't follow my line of thought? Fine, I'll show you:
One of Mist Beauty/ThAdmiral is likely Mafia. Mist Beauty was lynched, she flipped Town. Therefore, ThAdmiral is even more likely to be Mafia.

Links... I feel this is kinda repetitious but I'll give you some, along with generous amount of patience.
Final case: #1123
My VCA: #1072
Post where I spilled my gut reads (stream of consciousness): #1077

5. You're good friends with Fluttershy, and she the rest of the Mane 6.
6. Glad to see you're still keeping your sense of humour. The beauty of online mafia is a snapshot of each person's emotional state at that point in time.
Why
, thank you Pinkie Pie.
8. Covered!
9. I think any amount of information Applejack provides would be invaluable at this stage.
10. In which we find out that Pinkie Pie is quite prone at losing her notes or just isn't fond of computers. Or was it the other way round? Seriously, are you telling me that you've lost your notes twice: Once when it didn't save, and another when you have a snazzier version of it but turned out blank the next time you opened it?

Anyway, your answer isn't for practical purposes; just for academic purpose because you've already provided new stuff which I assume are based on your notes in your latest slew of posts.

11. Ya rly. Ugh, actually, this requires no response.
12. Rainbowdash is deluded Town for thinking it's me over ThAdmiral. I'll address her in a separate post, for neatness sake.
13. Luna!
14. Opalescence!

In post 1524, ThAdmiral wrote:Look at Charlie rushing to please whiskers. "would you like me to do a point by point reply, sir", "is there anything else you need to be more comfortable, sir".

Also trying to gain points with dash by calling him confirmed town now. He's been obv town for a while bro.

I don't usually respond to scumtalk, but when I do, I say "May I take your hat, sir?"

Whiskers wrote:Now, I know there's a lot of sexual tension there, but How do you feel about Rainbowdash and Applejack?

Pinkie Pie, I'm not sure if the Mafia actually gets the reference you threw in there (very unlikely IMHO), but don't you think you should turn it down just a notch? I mean the fandom is such a diverse sub-culture and... somethings are probably left to, er, you know what never mind I lost my train of thought.

------------

Going to leave for a while and will check on Rainbowdash's wrong case on me when I get back.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1540 (isolation #70) » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:47 am

Post by Charlie »

@Whiskers: I'll just leave this here for you to ponder.
Why would I, as scum, have you on my wildcard list for like forever and refuse to vote you?
Case in point is that is WIFOM.

------------
@Rainbowdash: I did your ISO. It is very colourful. My response to your case in chronology/paragraph

Rainbowdash wrote:In the end though I still come out of it not liking Charlie too much. I think it might be in large part to how I really don't understand his town read on Tarson. It just seems like when I made a big fuss about how Tarson was town for the voting block play, he just called her town for im not too sure what in the long run. Most I can tell was the Whiskers push, which looking back I am not that big of a fan of.

Ugh this just is making me more confused then I was earlier about all of this.

I like that he eventually tried to start clearing ponies by PoE, but at the same time he really was not allowing Whiskers to get entirely cleared for a long time, despite the VCA pointing to it.

1077 bugs me again though, he baiscally makes posts that say everypony is scum for some reason or another, with the exception of Guthiere/Mist (which was in large part why I thought they were scum together), who he votes after the catchup post. Which would lead me to believe the entire case on Mist for Charlie came from the catchup post, it was more the opposite for me so maybe I just dont get it that much.

Im a little less confident, and still need to reread Thad, but just the way that Charlie seemed to use the noise regarding Tarson-town that I created to stick a more unexplained town read on her in there makes me think he is scum. If Charlie is scum, I would be about ready to bet the farm on Whiskers being town too.

1. My Town read on Tarson was early in the game where I wanted to see a voting bloc work out... in hindsight, this was what probably blinded me because I've seen it work before in a game I read, never thought of the idea of Mafia being so bold as to actually take control of one. This read and carried forward till the start of D2.

That's how it is. I've made a poor choice, one that I'm quite bitter about myself but I just move on.

2. When I analyzed the VCA, it DID clear Whiskers but again I don't rely on a logic tell alone. I play with logic, gut & meta. In LyLo, based on experience, gut is the way to go. And currently my gut isn't clearing Whiskers (this point is moot if ThAdmiral isn't lynched Today).

3. Yah, perhaps it is because I have no solid read on everypony at that time. Same goes for now especially with Whiskers. I don't see how you could think she's Town; granted that your read on her has been a gradual one. It strikes me as odd but somehow I get a weird sense of clarity when you mentioned things like a party, chocolate chip cookies, sarsaparilla, cupcakes and hot sauce. I realize that the rainbow pony and the party pony are both friends because they are pranksters.

And I certainly don't understand how Applejack concluded that Whiskers is Town after she played like a hyperactive squirrel on 10 gallons of coffee. ThAdmiral can label Whiskers anyhow he wants to because of his alignment.

So I leave you with a question that I find myself asking myself: Why am I the only pony who's having suspicion on Whiskers?
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1541 (isolation #71) » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:50 am

Post by Charlie »

Thread need some more Applejack. Seriously, her minimal participation is continually messing with my reads. She needs to buck up; because we certainly can't slow down.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1556 (isolation #72) » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:08 pm

Post by Charlie »

No, pinkie promise
me
that you are going to vote for ThAdmiral here.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1557 (isolation #73) » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:09 pm

Post by Charlie »

In post 1544, Applejack wrote:I just had a hypothesis 'bout Charlie's and ThAdmiral's behavior, and I want to test it. Charlie and ThAdmiral, have either of ya been in 3p LyLo (or 5p LyLo with a situation like this one) in a recent game where ya weren't the decidin' vote? If so, please link (or name) it.

No, Applejack.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1559 (isolation #74) » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:23 pm

Post by Charlie »

^Whiskers isn't voting.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1565 (isolation #75) » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:30 am

Post by Charlie »

Applejack, just curious: are you drunk?
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1569 (isolation #76) » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:56 am

Post by Charlie »

Who is a silly pony?
Get back here and unvote, please.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1574 (isolation #77) » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:30 pm

Post by Charlie »

No, please don't be so hasty. I've something to say.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1579 (isolation #78) » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:51 pm

Post by Charlie »

I... don't want the rope, you guys. It will chafe.
Also, I want to...
party
with the... fun crowd.

No ok in all seriousness I'm having a little bit of a mental block now on what I want to say.
Hang on while I do something about it,
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1582 (isolation #79) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:18 am

Post by Charlie »

I protest! It's a ThAdmiral + Applejack team and if either of you jokers hammer me then it's game over. HowdoIconvincetheseponies?

Give me some time to ponder.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1584 (isolation #80) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:28 am

Post by Charlie »

No, I didn't see Whiskers post a non-hammer post then.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1585 (isolation #81) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:35 am

Post by Charlie »

Hm. What's going to happen now? This is a major conundrum.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1587 (isolation #82) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:44 am

Post by Charlie »

I can't think, Pinkie Pie.

It's kinda like saying "Objection" and then "give me a moment to think about the case for a while".
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1589 (isolation #83) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:55 am

Post by Charlie »

Do I need to 'win' the case to convince others?
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1591 (isolation #84) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:18 am

Post by Charlie »

Yes, well... I get the reference & may have even intended it.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1593 (isolation #85) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:22 am

Post by Charlie »

I'm VT and the Mafia are ThAdmiral & Applejack.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1595 (isolation #86) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:30 am

Post by Charlie »

No, I was supposed to present a case on why it was said pair.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1612 (isolation #87) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:21 pm

Post by Charlie »

And I went to bed, PP.
RD, I don't think we're getting episode 5 until next Saturday.
AJ, lay off the drink and get your midterms sorted out.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1618 (isolation #88) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:07 pm

Post by Charlie »

Oh Pinkie Pie, please hold me...
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1620 (isolation #89) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:48 pm

Post by Charlie »

I know you didn't draw that.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1621 (isolation #90) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:15 pm

Post by Charlie »

Stay a while. I just
may
have a little surprise for you.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1624 (isolation #91) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:56 pm

Post by Charlie »

Then this happened with graph paper & a marker pen.
The text reads:

For: Whiskers, 'Pinkie Pie'
By: Charlie 'Rarity'
28/10/11
Mini 1234

Enjoy!
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1628 (isolation #92) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:12 pm

Post by Charlie »

Whiskers wrote:I'll make something special, just for us.

Aw, you don't have to.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1632 (isolation #93) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:43 pm

Post by Charlie »

I know those verses Whiskers had been spewing this while... they're from a long-plot rap song/story that depicts a certain pink mare's slow decent into insanity. It's been floating on the ponyweb for a good while now, so why are you sharing this particular piece of... psychology?
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1639 (isolation #94) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:07 pm

Post by Charlie »

Go to bed, Applejack.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1641 (isolation #95) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:16 pm

Post by Charlie »

Touché.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1644 (isolation #96) » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:41 am

Post by Charlie »

I'm thinking of something witty to say...
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1650 (isolation #97) » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:41 am

Post by Charlie »

Books! Books, god I love books.

Dear Princess Celestia,
I am so alone.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1676 (isolation #98) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:19 pm

Post by Charlie »

Wonderboltastic! That's the way to win the game, Dashie!
Comments to follow.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1678 (isolation #99) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:42 pm

Post by Charlie »

^AppleDash. 'Nuff said.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1682 (isolation #100) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:07 pm

Post by Charlie »

A PMV dedication for Rainbowdash - You're Gonna Go Far Kid [Explicit] by The Offspring.
Nice work you did!

---

Right. So when I noticed that my lynch was imminent, I didn't make a fabricated case because I felt that wasn't necessary for victory. AJ & ThAd were pretty much filled with conviction that the other must be Mafia. I was hoping that Dashie would do the right thing to send off Whiskers to the party zombie QT (and she did, that's my girl) and let the game play out. Sure enough the best outcome materialized D5.

Have the dead QT link

I really tried to get Whiskers on my side to lynch ThAd. But seriously, that pony's such a scatterbrain I ended frustrating myself. The big plan was to win D4 with a ThAd lynch with Dashie dropping the hammer. Seriously, after my hammer on Mist Beauty we entered N3 with low morale. Actually, I think it would be interesting if you guys read the Mafia QT. I'm OK with releasing it, no problems with this, Dashie/tarson?

Now about the setup: Isn't this setup kinda Town sided?

Cop
Vig
Bodyguard
1-shot neighbourizer
VT x6

Mafia Goon x2
Mafia Roleblocker

About GLaDOS replacing out: I kinda guessed that happened, which I think is quite unfortunate. Can't be helped I guess, occupational hazard of playing online Mafia.
"Also, </3 to Charlie for only flirting with Applejack and not with me. The nerve."
Haha!

About Applejack chastising my posts/playstyle based on mobile posting: You go ahead and try to post using quotes, URL links and navigate multiple tabs on a mobile device. Just you try it. It takes way too much time. Despite this, though... I'll admit that I've purposefully reduced my activity level in an effort to lay low.

---

tarsonisocelot, it must be pretty bumming to get copped out on D2. But I believe what you did after this was the right move.
Whiskers, you aren't seriously working on a comic based on this game, are you?

All in all, a very entertaining game. I hope that the ponies cheered some people up. Thank you all for playing and thanks to Mute for modding despite the obvious difficulties he's having IRL at the moment.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1690 (isolation #101) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:44 pm

Post by Charlie »

In post 1683, Applejack wrote:I wasn't faulting you for not having fancy quotes, links, or multiple tabs. I was faulting you for not having any opinions, which aren't browser-dependent.

And you were 100% correct with that. I was being very general throughout the game and not commuting myself to... well, anything, really. I'm surprised this went totally unnoticed until you showed up as replacement.

In fact... have some random fun facts:
I
generously
provided Rainbowdash with this point to use as ammo against me when she needed to bus (it is mentioned in the Mafia QT)
But she displayed
loyalty
by never actually voting me for long and wasn't part of my lynch wagon, despite all the words saying she would it was really the
laughing
Pinkie Pie who dropped the hammer in a German accent.
Applejack, in all
honesty
saw through my points and frankly got me scared for a while.

In other areas:

6 players wear pony avatars in this game
7 players wear non-pony avatars in this game
Mafia team consisted of all ponies
Town PRs consisted of non-ponies
(I conclude that this is either magic or witchcraft)

Whiskers wrote:Wanting to cry is a sign of two things:
--I am tired, and
--I shouldn't play mafia.

thoughts? tired, and --I shouldn't play mafia. thoughts?

I suggest some rest, drink plenty of water and reduce stress by doing fun things.

Mist Beauty wrote:Why does everyone love rainbowdash so much? I do not understand this...

I have a strong feeling it is because she's got a strong personality & she's... colourful. Myself, I put on hipster glasses and go "Rainbow Dash is too mainstream". I like all of the Mane 6, so there isn't really a "best pony" but if I had to classify from from best to 6th best: Fluttershy > Twilight Sparkle > Rainbow Dash > Rarity > Pinkie Pie > Applejack.

@Whiskers:I changed to Rarity because you asked me to during sign-ups for this game, Whiskers (also because monk was wearing a Fluttershy too). Take pride in that.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1691 (isolation #102) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:50 pm

Post by Charlie »

Whiskers wrote:I don't get that, Beck specifically said that he killed subgenius, and Tarsonisocelot specifically said that she killed Albert B. Rampage.

Why is that so confusing-- I mean, Somepony said somewhere that It would make sense that the scum killed subgenius-- actually used it in their case, iirc. But they didn't....

Mist Beauty wrote:subgenius was pretty awesome town, I thought scum killed him, and rampage who was pretty helpful but was vigged possibly due to mildly-inflammatory comments?

It's all explained in the Mafia QT. I was the brainchild of offing ABR D1. Rainbowdash wanted to off Whiskers D1 because she felt threatened, and tarsonisocelot agreed. I asked to switch to ABR because... well, he IS a wild dragon.

I think it was something along the lines of Whiskers = controlled chaos & ABR = total chaos.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1693 (isolation #103) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:14 pm

Post by Charlie »

^OK. I'll give you the 100% truth.

I hammered, then left to the grocery store. I bought some fruits. I checked the thread's development via mobile.
:)
They were delicious, btw.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1710 (isolation #104) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:03 am

Post by Charlie »

In post 1698, Rainbowdash wrote:Im also obviously the best pony. Second is probably Pinkie or AJ depending on my mood.

I have no issues with the scum QT being posted.

Them fighting words, lol.

Have the Mafia QT: link
Inside it, there is some pony talk for your enjoyment. Also, the most efficient roleblock ever on N3.

And Rainbowdash, seeing your your last 2 posts you seem quite drunk.

Oh you!
Cheerilee give you an awesome face. Just some advice: sometimes, when the drink begins to get to you, it is OK to go soak your head for a while. True story, bro.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1711 (isolation #105) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:17 am

Post by Charlie »

In post 1694, Mist Beauty wrote:If possible, could we get night actions as well?

I'll make an unofficial one until Mute returns:

N1

Beck kills subgenius
subgenius neighbourizes Rainbowdash
maxwell investigates tarsonisocelot (guilty)
Guthrie protects no one (?)
Charlie kills ABR
Charlie blocks ThAdmiral

N2

Beck kills monk
maxwell investigates Charlie (guilty)
Mist Beauty protects no one
Rainbowdash kills maxwell
Charlie blocks Whiskers

N3

Beck kills no one
Charlie kills Beck
Charlie blocks Applejack

N4

Rainbowdash kills Whiskers
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1730 (isolation #106) » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:45 pm

Post by Charlie »

Oh yeah! The flavour; I kinda like it. It's a Masquarade Ball, like a formal party with costumes and stuff. Mute was hosting. Unfortunately Mute doesn't seem to have the time to finish it & I'm slightly dissapointed (I read flavour!). Mute, if you ever get the time, do try to complete it, okay? I want to know what happens to the host i.e. you in the end.

I'll provide a cheezy flavour substitute.
---
"So, with the party down to 3, ah reckon I'll be serenading mah pal RD here with a case", said Applejack to Rainbowdash.
And so Applejack grabs ThAdmiral by the shoulder, ready to throw him off the cliff and starts jabbering about why he's Mafia.
"I don't have time for this," replied Rainbowdash.
She gave ThAdmiral a swift kick in the back and he was sent flying to his doom, screaming all the way and almost dragging Applejack along with him.
ThAdmiral is lynched

"What in tarnatio-"
"Oh don't you worry your plot about any of that. Now hug me!"
And so they embraced. AppleDash!
Applejack experienced a surge of emotion the moment they were held in contact. All too soon, there was a strange warmth unlike the one she was experiencing at the moment. It originated from her back and she didn't even notice a sharp pain from there at first.
"Why...?"
"You're too good for me"
Applejack is endgamed

With that, Applejack is no more. Rainbowdash turns to the host of the party, brandishing a blood-stained blade...
"Now, about those treasure and flavoured ice-cream..."
Rainbowdash wins the game for the Mafia team

---

@Whiskers PJ is Physical Jubilation!
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1732 (isolation #107) » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:57 pm

Post by Charlie »

^It's a party. You should like it.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1736 (isolation #108) » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:38 pm

Post by Charlie »

Aw, Somepony is bitter! I'd love to try and cheer you up somehow...
Erm.
Hugs?
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1737 (isolation #109) » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:44 pm

Post by Charlie »

Kindness