Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:00 pm

Post by el simo »

/conform ohoho
"How very Rambo-esque of you." - Bazz
"If el simo + Internet Stranger end up being scum in this game, I'm going to openly weep when we lose." chkflip
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (isolation #1) » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:25 pm

Post by el simo »

In post 26, Uphill wrote:also, random lynches (and policy lynches especially) are bad, you rarely learn anything. More often than not, randomlynching hits a townie and is
driven by scum
+ sheeptown who don't want to no-lynch.

Did you read what you posted? A wagon driven by scum... how is that not useful information?

In post 22, Timeater wrote:
Vote: Uphill

"Trying to get Soben lynched" - Why? What for?

NOT ADMITTING JUST WAGONING

"What's
not
up with your vote?"

"OH LOOK AT ME I HAVE A VOTE AND YOU DONT, HO HO HO" weak deflection indicative of non-town motivations

"It's better than no lynch" - What the fuckmuffins?

noobscum caught, who's next?

I sincerely hope you aren't serious.

Vote: Timeater
"If el simo + Internet Stranger end up being scum in this game, I'm going to openly weep when we lose." chkflip
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (isolation #2) » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:18 am

Post by el simo »

In post 62, Odysseus wrote:Offtopic post of awesome: Hi, DH! Do you remember me? We played awhile ago in a game with Slaxx and el simo. (In case you didn't see it from my wall of text, I'm Retrospective)

I remember this game so vividly but can't find it in my wiki. Do you remember the name?

In post 64, treznor wrote:This. After a long-time inactive, I just completed a newbie game that moved nowhere near as quickly as this one is (el_simo can back that up... the pace was.. painful). I'm trying to keep up but having trouble sometimes :)

I can vouch, it was painfully slow. I can also vouch that trez ignored a lot of posts, which was incredibly frustrating to scum el simo lol :P

Having said that: Timeater you are looking too much into this. You can't establish a tell based off events external to posted content. Saying you saw him online and noticed he didn't post doesn't count for much, because a) we don't know that he was online and b) even if he was we don't know what his circumstances were. There are too many unaccountable variables.

Odysseus makes a very interesting case against KB. I'm going to have to review when I get a chance.

And on that note: I have an exam today and tomorrow so don't expect too much out of me for the mo.
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (isolation #3) » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:49 am

Post by el simo »

In post 109, Odysseus wrote:@el simo; Here you go: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=15298 - If people wanna skim this game for meta: DH was scum, Slaxx was town, el simo was town and I was town

Ah thanks.. I wonder how that one escaped my wiki.. I remember it so clearly!
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (isolation #4) » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:03 pm

Post by el simo »

And why am I a scum read?
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (isolation #5) » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:25 pm

Post by el simo »

I've made three references to previous games, two were irrelevant in which I asked for the name, one was game related. This does not constitute to "more of my time."

I don't know how looking into something too much implies he is town. I was suggesting that he is reaching and that it isn't a legitimate tell at all. This is scummy.
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (isolation #6) » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:00 pm

Post by el simo »

If I were suggesting he is town I'd have removed my vote.

I'm actually busy studying for an exam tomorrow morning (just finished an exam this afternoon actually) so I don't actually have the time to post anything detailed. I will do a more detailed read this weekend as I'll only have one exam left and ample to study for it.
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (isolation #7) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:37 am

Post by el simo »

In post 137, redtail896 wrote:
In post 99, ScreamingHawk wrote:VOTE: el Simo
Reading el Simo's posts, he doesn't actually say anything substantial. Also,
In post 105, el simo wrote:Odysseus makes a very interesting case against KB. I'm going to have to review when I get a chance.

looks bad to me. You've posted 4 times since then, and still no thoughts. It feels like this line is an excuse to look like you're commenting on it without actually commenting.

Nope still no thoughts, I've been studying for an exam I have in an hour, as well as one I had yesterday.
I don't have the time to make a detailed post.

But thanks for the wagon will provide a good read on you.
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (isolation #8) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:12 pm

Post by el simo »

Roiight finished my exam won't have another one for two weeks so I can contribute properly now.

First and foremost: people who have labelled me as scummy for not contributed are either blind or scum.

In post 105, el simo wrote:And on that note: I have an exam today and tomorrow so don't expect too much out of me for the mo.

I clearly stated in my third post that I had limited activity. Targeting me for not being able to post content when I warned you in advance that I wasn't going to be able to is nonsensical.

I don't know who is worse, Soben for starting it or the Oddy for hopping on the wagon, labelling me as some what scummy repeating everything already said about me just so they can look like they have done some actual work.

What bugs me about this is both Soben and Oddy are hybrids, so four very good players have made this oversight that is just nonsense. What's more frustrating is that other than this, I have a pretty strong town read on both of them. At this point in time I don't know what to make of it, so I'll leave it and come back when it might be more useful.

Redtail on the other hand is clearly sheeping, how ever he has the fortune that both Soben and Oddy have stronger reads than me, so his vote is actually the first. Funny though how he targets me for having no substance in my posting, when he hardly has any himself. Yonzy is guilty of this too. Lots of scummies go to both these players.

On Timeater/Uphill: Timeaters aggression doesn't seem genuine to me. He attacks Uphill, claims he is caught scum then noobscum, then immediately moves his vote. Uphill was clearly trying to push out of RVS, this is evident in that his vote, the third in the game, was the second on Soben. <- no one bandwagons in RVS unless they are fishing for reactions, and boy did Timeater react. I find it amusing that he is still pushing Uphill four pages in on one sentence constructed to start discussion. His "powerlurking" comment is a huge stretch and his so called deflection is just a play on words, clearly taking the micky out of his question, "what's up with your vote?" More so, there was nothing for him to deflect, so how can he be deflecting?

After placing my vote on him I was actually expecting him to back off and claim he was fishing for reactions. The fact that he has pursued with this case even though he isn't voting him smells more of cover up than a genuine read.

Uphill strikes me as very town, his last post before replacement was very good. His jump on KB was good and his jump on bion was good. <- Clearly a townsman hunting.

Btw Timeater, who blew up my house, the grenade or the guy who threw it?

On Katty B: 100% agree with Oddy. But what is more telling for me is her last post. She backs out of her vote, claiming that is was terribad. Despite unvoting and admitting her vote was bad, she goes on to defend her vote. Further more, the reasons she gave do not align with her IIoA post. She claims her vote was because he didn't seem like he was trying to randomly voting or trying to generate discussion, yet her IIoA (which she claimed as evidence for why he is scum) was about how it is scummy to advocate a random lynching. Inconsistent.

On that note, Retro you've improved a lot! Also: I hate hybrids, it's like trying to read two players! Oddy and Soben are the only hybrids, correct?

On Treznor: I'm very familiar with his meta and so far he is sticking to it. He won't be getting my vote any time soon.

So to summarise:
vote: Katty Bard.

She is my top read, follow by Timeater. I'm suspicious of Redtail and Yonzy, but have not got enough from them to make any big statements yet.

Lastly:
Hybrids, can you please not post as two people?
It is unfair. Discuss your reads in a quick topic and post them as one. The way you two are posting, we are currently playing with 15 people. All four of you may as well be posting in separate accounts. It's frustrating when I read Retro but then get a conflicting read on his partner etc etc.
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (isolation #9) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:13 pm

Post by el simo »

Ignore the fourth sentence in that post. I wrote that before I had read that Redtail and Yonzy had jumped on my wagon.
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (isolation #10) » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:30 am

Post by el simo »

What about her inconsistency? She unvotes calling it bad but then defends her actions. She IIoA's about one thing claiming it was relevant to why he is scum but then explains her vote as another?
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (isolation #11) » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:09 pm

Post by el simo »

In post 179, redtail896 wrote:Reread Bionic's view of her behavior through the lens of an overwhelmed relative newbie.

I will do this.

In post 180, Odysseus wrote:

el simo; First of all the fact that you said you would analyze a case and then posted several times after only saying that you hadn't done it yet is a little scummy.

I said I would when I got a chance, and then made you all aware that I wouldn't have time until the weekend.

In post 180, Odysseus wrote:I'm a bit baffled as to why you said that I hopped on your wagon when I specifically stated that you did something similar last game as town. Giving you a very weak scumread = hopping on the wagon? You seem to be basing a lot of your reads on other players based on what they've done about you and you need to take a step back and see that anyone would be wary of you based on your play before this post. With that said, your overreaction feels legitimate.

I struggle to see how town would target me for lack of content when I explicitly labelled myself as having LA. And it was only two reads based on that interaction and both those reads I said I didn't have enough to make any calls on them - so they were both incomplete reads. If they came across as an overreaction it was not what I intended. As for the bandwagon comment, this came after I had this got into a discussion with a newbie on how a bandwagon doesn't have to be referring to votes, but instead trends in ideas. Soon after making this post I recalled the comment and just labelled it as sheeping after reading an article. So if you would like to think of it in that light it might make more sense. I can link the game if you'd like.

In post 180, Odysseus wrote:As far as the rest of your post goes, I disagree with Time because of what I've already stated multiple times and I think that whole section of your post can be wrote off as he is just a really bad player. (If you read later than this, his replacement even agrees). I've liked what you've said about Katty here and I appreciate the compliment!

Now I need to get into a little bit of semantics here. Do you consider him a bad player or noob player? The implications of these words have a lot of impact on my view of him.

In post 180, Odysseus wrote:Also your hybrid comment reads as frustrated town and I completely understand. I would however like you to explain what parts I've seen town and what part of Slaxx's post made you feel otherwise. Also, if it makes you feel any better, I don't think I will ever hydra again because I feel like all it's doing is holding me back. I want to say what I read and how it makes me feel and I feel like all of the value from discussing reads with Slaxx can be gained by doing the same with the rest of the players inside the game...
el simo definitely got some town points here and I'd put him on a 6 or 7 on my scale atm.

Nothing specifically yet, but reading over you (Retro) gave me a very strong town read, where Slaxx I just got null. The fact that I am addressing you as Retro (as others have) and not as Oddy should make this a pretty clear point aye, I just don't think it's fair.

Now I hate to start defending someone based on their meta and what not, but in our last game I was endlessly frustrated with treznor for just ignoring whole posts I made (considering we were in lylo the feeling was exponential lol). So I'm still not seeing anything scum from him, but can certainly understand the frustration.
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (isolation #12) » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:28 pm

Post by el simo »

In post 186, Katty Bard wrote:@el simo: So, explaining my reasoning, however bad it was = defending my vote?

Yes, especially when you post this.

In post 114, Katty Bard wrote:When I feel better, I'll read deeper into the game and provide a stronger defense than this.

You
just
referred to what you said as your defence. This is yet
more
inconsistency.

In post 186, Katty Bard wrote:My vote was for what I percieved as Uphill trying to push a random lynch. And yes, I know this was poorly explained the first couple of times around. So let me try again.

At the beginning:
Uphill- *places vote*
Time- Why?
Uphill- I'm trying to get them lynched.
Me- Why are you trying to get them lynched? *vote*

Later:
"I voted for him because he looked like he was pushing a random lynch. Didn't like. However, now there's more to go on from more people, so I'll reread when I get a chance , and place a vote that actually has good reasoning."

And this is inconsistent how?

If that is what you meant, why is that not what you said? You could have avoided all of this if you were that explicit originally. Now I disagree with you, that isn't what you said. But I can see how what you said implies that so I'll drop that point. If you hadn't tripped over on the defending issue I'd probably have unvoted you at this point, but now I have reason to keep it on you.

In post 179, redtail896 wrote:Reread Bionic's view of her behavior through the lens of an overwhelmed relative newbie.

Ok I have, but now you reread it through the lens of noobscum. Providing a back story doesn't do much for me, it's a biased read.

In post 188, Odysseus wrote:I have a question for pretty much everyone: Why do you think trez isn't reading and which fucking alignment would do this?

To answer this I would tell you to reread our last game together, but I don't expect anyone too as we both posted walls of flaming anger at each other trying to get each other lynched. But as town, he literally ignored posts I would make to rebut his arguments and hold his original arguments as true.
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #290 (isolation #13) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:36 pm

Post by el simo »

Sorry, busy weekend.

In post 219, treznor wrote:
el simo
I don't have a lot to backup my read on el simo other than his playstyle seems similar to the last game, which he was town.

Ok this worries me, I was actually scum that game.

I actually like KB's iso on SH. I hadn't caught what all the SH hype was until I read that, so town points for her and scummies for SH.

I don't like FS recent posting. He's not really providing much new content, mostly just noting good logic. He's being vary cautious. I will have to reread him after this.

I was originally null on Bion but he is making strong strides into the townie book. Post 262 reads to me as logic that only a townie would assume. 248 is good calm defence, I had the same thought as I read that post by Uphill,
how do you know he is going to mislynch?
It didn't come off to me as if he was assuming a Bion scum role, and even if he were that doesn't stop SH from flipping scum.

In post 277, Odysseus wrote:How do other games take precedence over this one when you were at L-1 for over a day an a half? I don't believe the claim at all. I feel like if he had such a powerful role like that, he would have claimed a long time ago because it's such a trump card. He makes it seem like he's not had the time/ability to post when his last post was only two lines. I think he avoided this because he was defeatist scum who avoided this as long as possible.

Agreeing with Oddy here, if he were JK he would've made the claim a lot earlier. At this point in time I'm ready to lay down the hammer. If SH flips scum, it is going to cast Uphill in bad light. I'm not hammering until a) DH posts and b) I do that reread on FS.
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (isolation #14) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:36 pm

Post by el simo »

UNVOTE:
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (isolation #15) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:40 pm

Post by el simo »

In post 293, treznor wrote:Wait, are you in schizophrenia land? First you claim scum in our last game, when you were town. Then you say you're ready to hammer and then unvote?

Ok wow.. I've been confusing you for Beck and our last game for one where I replaced in as scum.. I'm going to have to 100% retract everything I've said about your meta, I completely got you mistaken with someone else!

Also, my vote was on Katty Bard - the unvote is irrelevant to my will to hammer.
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (isolation #16) » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:21 am

Post by el simo »

And there we have it. Going to
vote: ScreamingHawk
to lay down the hammer before Oddy goes on a DH tangent and this wagon is derailed.
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (isolation #17) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:20 pm

Post by el simo »

VOTE: Katty Bard

Yeah still sticking with her. Quite frankly my suspicions of her haven't dropped since yesterday and given SH's scum flip and the interactions between the two of them I'm probably more happy with vote today then I was yesterday. I can't get into details as of yet, unfortunately I have another exam in two days, yes I know so lynch me w/e. It's my last exam so just bare with me until then please.
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (isolation #18) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:22 pm

Post by el simo »

Aw shucks never saw the claim. So day vig ends the day? So it's just like a lynch? So by claiming you are a day vig and letting us decide who you kill it essentially exactly the same as lynching them?

Good job mate.
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (isolation #19) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:18 pm

Post by el simo »

Doesn't bother me who we lynch as long as Katty is killed.
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (isolation #20) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:33 am

Post by el simo »

Exams today will be able to post late tonight.
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #487 (isolation #21) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:41 pm

Post by el simo »

It's nice to see that you are being so pleasant about it. Good luck with your next game.

Just finished my last exam, but since the day is over I'll keep my thoughts until tomorrow.
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #578 (isolation #22) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:04 pm

Post by el simo »

Man I didn't even get to post in the last two days..

I hate speed lynches lol.

GG town.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”