rOver
rOver
Goon
rOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (isolation #1) » Sun Jul 14, 2002 8:39 am

Post by rOver »

Querci: I think we have at least two families. Read the opening post from Mike Amok:

[quote]But it appears a feud has erupted between the Travolta and Barbarino families,[/qoute]

So we almost certainly have 2 families. We could still have a SK, then one of the docs must have stepped in.

Anyone noticed that verge of taboo never confirmed in the thread (though (s)he probably did by email). Too bad everyone else did.
rOver
rOver
Goon
rOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (isolation #2) » Sun Jul 14, 2002 9:38 pm

Post by rOver »

In mini 8 there were 2 families of 3, one of them Godfather, pluss a serial killer. With armed townies this would be quite fair.
I've played 2 mini games so far and I think both lasted 3 days, so these games are very fast.
rOver
rOver
Goon
rOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (isolation #3) » Mon Jul 15, 2002 12:02 am

Post by rOver »

Let's make that 50% or 58.5% if we have a SK. Still not bad though.
rOver
rOver
Goon
rOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (isolation #4) » Mon Jul 15, 2002 12:45 am

Post by rOver »

You are right. I didn't count the dead. Or rather I counted them as being alive.
Anyway not much to think about. Since we started in the weekend I'll wait until tommorrow then start voting the silent ones to make them post.
rOver
rOver
Goon
rOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (isolation #5) » Mon Jul 15, 2002 9:58 am

Post by rOver »

eillid wrote:Good point, Cadmium. If either quercitron or you turn out to be guilty, though, I'm suspicious of r0ver. He seems hesitant to with either of you, maybe because one of you is in his family and he doesn't want to kill his own family member or to vote for the same person as a family member so early on in the game.

I just don't vote early in the day, that's all. I don't do it as townie and I don't do it as mafia. I certainly don't vote when only some half of all the player posted.
My view on the Cadmium-querci situation: Querci did a little mistake when he posted on the killing roles without reading the relevant posts. Certainly not enough to vote on, this happens all the time. I suspect Cadmium's vote was more revenge then logic. As was querci's confirmation. I often feel this when I'm attacked. I think:"I'm a townie He's attacking me, a townie. Therfore he must be mafia." Of course this is bad reasoning, but it's quite natural IMO.

If there is something truly genuinly suspicious here it's the fact that we have so many votes so early. For now I'll just point the <B>FOS:Soothsayer</B> for voting without comment.
It's also surprising that IS posted only once though he claims to check the forums often. I'm not voting or FOSing him becouse some mafia (and townies too) would take that as a licence to kill and I don't think we need a random lynch now.

I'm also happy to see that everyone expect jadesmar posted at least once and since I haven't voted yet I'll <B>vote:jadesmar</B>
rOver
rOver
Goon
rOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (isolation #6) » Tue Jul 16, 2002 9:42 am

Post by rOver »

jadesmar. Glad you posted something meaningful.
unvote:jadesmar

But I personally think that claiming a role was one of the more suspicious thing quercitron did.

vote:quercitron

Cadmium: I thought you and quercitron did a disfavour to the town but jumping on each other so early. We probably found out more if it happened otherwise.
I suspect at least one of you is mafia since you collected so many votes relatively fast. And the fact that you have 5 votes and quercitron 3 indicates that querci has some freinds who vote without caring about the arguments.
rOver
rOver
Goon
rOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (isolation #7) » Fri Jul 19, 2002 11:43 am

Post by rOver »

IS, don't you want to contribute something useful? I don't think you will unless we make you to:

Vote:IS

I suspect you don't really care who gets lynched, do you?
rOver
rOver
Goon
rOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (isolation #8) » Sat Jul 20, 2002 10:36 am

Post by rOver »

Come on IS don't you claim to be a great mafia hunter?
First day I thought: "Let's not lynch IS. He's an experienced player. Maybe he has a secret plan or something. (Actually I read mini 10 and that's what you claimed there)
Now I suspect you just want to use your bad reputation to your advantage. If you were a townie you'd made at least some effort.

confirm: IS

Come on are we going to let IS with get away with this and laugh in our faces as he wins as mafia or SK perhaps? I certainly won't.
rOver
rOver
Goon
rOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (isolation #9) » Sun Jul 21, 2002 9:53 am

Post by rOver »

Internet Stranger wrote:Or foolishly lynch him as a townie.[/list]

Or rather lynch you as a foolish townie. Wait. Forget it. I don't believe in foolish townies. What I do belive in however are mafia who desperately want to look like stupid townies.
rOver
rOver
Goon
rOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (isolation #10) » Fri Aug 16, 2002 2:16 pm

Post by rOver »

I'm back too.
Now let me have a look at the player list.
vote: Cadmium

I guess that makes five.
Whatever happens to the site, we've managed to finnish one day at least.
rOver
rOver
Goon
rOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (isolation #11) » Sat Aug 31, 2002 7:09 am

Post by rOver »

Probably to start a bandwagon before anyone mentions just how stupidly he's been playing.
vote:IS

IS do you really think you can get away with this just becouse everyone assumes you are being yourself?
rOver
rOver
Goon
rOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (isolation #12) » Sun Sep 01, 2002 9:53 pm

Post by rOver »

Sooth: I don't hink this was a good idea. Now you scared them away. I had the same suspicion as you but wanted to wait until IS unvotes discer. :(
However voting for the same person as IS doesn't help you either. You actually did the same thing as discer. You chose him over IS, though you impicitly said that IS is at least equally suspicious.
rOver
rOver
Goon
rOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (isolation #13) » Sun Sep 01, 2002 9:55 pm

Post by rOver »

Oh and now I see discer had a reason not to vote IS. It's not easy to tell sheer naivity apart form mafia collaboration.
rOver
rOver
Goon
rOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (isolation #14) » Sun Sep 01, 2002 10:00 pm

Post by rOver »

I can't seem to write what I actually want. I meant: It's not easy to tell apart sheer naivity form mafia collaboration, though.
rOver
rOver
Goon
rOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (isolation #15) » Mon Sep 02, 2002 12:40 pm

Post by rOver »

Ok, unlike you jadesmar I do have complaints. We must have 3 mafia families as the Travolta Godfather did not die. This means that the other family is very close to winning. So any reasonable townies should unvote discer now. At least one cop should consider comming forward too.

Also: FOS:jadesmar

I think it's quite obvious. The old, I don't really care who dies as long as (s)he's not in my family symptom. I won't switch votes for now, I hope we get something useful from a cop.
rOver
rOver
Goon
rOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (isolation #16) » Tue Sep 03, 2002 2:49 am

Post by rOver »

A1. There are godfathers?

You played mini5 did you? One mafia and 1 Godfather in each family. Actually I have not yet played a mini game where there was no Gofather.

A2. The Travolta godfather is the only mafia on that side that the cop can not detect. (ie. there is only one Travolta remaining and it is the godfather) [/qoute]

Well normally yes.

C1. If the cop detects a mafia, they are from the other family?

The logic is sound so the conclusion must have the same level of truth as the premisses.

But, you are one of the people who didn't vote for Cadmium.. I was hoping this meant that you were on the same team as him and by my not voting you straight away, I was attempting to even out the sides.

It's not the first time I get into trouble for defending someone, is it? Even then I probably wouldn't have cared to defend Cadmium had he not been attacked so stupidly on day 1. I think the town can be more succesful with honest discussion then by randomly lynching sommeone.
Also I found someone who I genuinly felt was guilty (IS) so I didn't feel the need to vote Cadmium until he made his role quite obvious.

A1. You are defending discer.

What I actually did is that I did not followed someone's vote who I considered to be guilty. And I tried to convince others too to vote IS.

A2. You want the cop to come out on the day the last doc died.

This premise contains two assumptions. That there are no more docs and that there is only one cop in this game. While the first one is probably true (around 70% let's say) the second is alsmost certainly not. So yes I'd prefer one of the cops comming forward. I strongly prefer it to voting someone out randomly. It's almost the end of the game. 1 more day and the Barbawhatevers will have won. How can you justify the cops dying silently?

C1. discer and you are in cahoots.. and both are mafia on the Babarino side.

Questoinable assumptions and weak inductive conclusions are the way forward I guess.
Surprised that I didn't vote discer? Did you (or anyone else) try to convince me? Ok, Sooth had a (not too good) point but he also claimed that IS is mafia.

So I'm mafia becouse I refuse to support an absolutely baseless random bandwagon and dare to point out that if our cops do not come forward they might not have another chance.
But most importantly you do not even mention IS. Why not look from another angle? Was my suspicion on IS reasonable? What arguments say that discer is more suspicios than IS?
rOver
rOver
Goon
rOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (isolation #17) » Tue Sep 03, 2002 9:58 am

Post by rOver »

No this is my first mini

Oh yes now I remember, that was discer. (Or maybe not) Anyway there were 2 families with one mafia and one Godfather each.

I actually am thinking that there are 2 of each.

Well then maybe you should not say that I want
the
cop to come forward. Also only 1 doc died, though a nurse is analoguous to a retired cop, so it's ok if you counted eillid as the second doc.

r0ver: Since you are a Barbarino, are you positively sure you want the cop to come out?

There you go again. It's not the cop, it's one of them. Otherwise yes. And preferably a real cop not one of IS'es henchmen.
Nice projection there. Thanks for telling us
your
role. Care to tell us who else is there? IS and? Sooth? Someone else?

It's quite funny how you are not even trying to look honest. Just hoping that you can still find one townie who votes discer just becouse it's not him. No arguents, nothing. Just telling in every post that we are mafia with discer. You don't even care to answer my points.[/quote]
rOver
rOver
Goon
rOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (isolation #18) » Tue Sep 03, 2002 10:03 am

Post by rOver »

Well, discer has 4 votes. That is without anyone telling (ok Soothsayer you are the exception) why they find him suspicious. Well, let's hope that we got lucky.
rOver
rOver
Goon
rOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (isolation #19) » Wed Sep 04, 2002 11:33 am

Post by rOver »

jadesmar:You did it in a pretty obvious way though :wink:

But I figured that since we still had 2 Barbarino's I'm lost anyway.
rOver
rOver
Goon
rOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (isolation #20) » Wed Sep 04, 2002 1:03 pm

Post by rOver »

r0ver: yes... imagine my surprise when I was alive this morning. icon_smile.gif

I thought the Barbarino's would surely kil you ;) Of course I couldn't know that they were still sulking over the death of their Godfather and thus decided they didn't exist :) Of course I knew something was wrong since our family did not have a Godfather but I never expected this.
rOver
rOver
Goon
rOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (isolation #21) » Thu Sep 05, 2002 2:48 am

Post by rOver »

I say if you lynched the right person you did the right thing if not it's all your fault. I don't like lynched mafias telling how lucky the town was, or townies who got their lynching wrong telling the poor victim, how he acted like a mafia.
I don't mind, however, the winning side admitting that they were lucky or the lynched townie telling that he might have acted as a mafia though :)

And cuban smoker: You are absolutely right. Certainty the game. Funny how even through the net you can sense people's roles.
rOver
rOver
Goon
rOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (isolation #22) » Thu Sep 05, 2002 4:06 am

Post by rOver »

rOver wrote:And cuban smoker: You are absolutely right. Certainty the game. Funny how even through the net you can sense people's roles.

I meant: "Certainty kills the game"

What happend to the edit buttons anyway?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”