JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #63 (isolation #2) » Thu Feb 13, 2003 11:52 am

Post by JereIC »

MeMe wrote:I've yet to get the mentality of signing up to play and then not doing so. I mean, if it were a board game no one would even consider leaving without excusing themselves. I understand necessary absences...just let us
know

I honestly find it more likely that some RL issue has come up than than Gashlycrumb than that she's trying the same tactic as a mafia member. Would she really try the same thing twice in a row (or, whenever the last minigame was), especially after she was lynched for it last time?

If I had to change my vote, I think I'd go for Bobacino. He's acting very defensively, which seems out of sorts, this coming from a fellow newbie. On the other hand, if he was a mafia or the SK, it would just make more sense to keep quiet than kill MeMe in the night; he may be a good role who's nervous about MeMe being a snitch or something.
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #97 (isolation #3) » Sat Feb 15, 2003 4:54 pm

Post by JereIC »

Bobacino wrote:There are three persistently quiet individuals: Jadesmar, JereIC and GashlyCrumb. That is all that I can divine from the information at hand. Perhaps, with experience, I could make some conclusions. When the deadline comes, and I still don't have much to go on, I may go with a hunch like Jadesmar did.

I've been quiet because I've been busy. I got back from a conference in Minneapolis a few hours ago, I've been doing schoolwork since then, and now I'm running late for my radio show, although my co-host will be able to cover for the first few minutes (God bless college, each and every hectic schedule).

As for my thoughts, I'm thinking Bobacino is on the right track with looking for quiet people. Absolutely quiet people would raise suspicions, but someone who posts occasionally avoids the risk of revealing too much without looking suspect. So who's kind of but not absolutely quiet? Well, me again, but I think being 40 miles away from my computer for a whole day can justify that. GashlyCrumb says he was out too, and I'd tend to beleive that. Dragon Phoenix has been relatively quiet, but acting like a semi-regular poster, as have Jadesmar and Quailman. Do I have any FOS? No, I don't have enough info, and I don't have the time right now to go over all the posts and look for additional dirt.

unvote: Quailman
, random voting doesn't make sense anymore.
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #103 (isolation #4) » Sun Feb 16, 2003 9:30 am

Post by JereIC »

Bobacino wrote:Gashly, don't be offended by my query. That is the nature of the game. If you are missing, people will ask why. We all have to interact with real life, as you have stated. I am not for one second making any pretense that Mafia should have a higher priority and Im curious as to why you seem so defensive.

If I may say, Bobachino, you were
really
defensive when MeMe voted for you, even though it was clearly a random vote without any seconds.
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #111 (isolation #5) » Mon Feb 17, 2003 10:50 am

Post by JereIC »

Dragon Slayer wrote:And (s)he unvotes Quailman, just after I vote Quailman. Interesting. Care to explain WHY random voting does not make sense anymore?

mathcam wrote:Well, I'm personally tending toward thinking that there is a strong correlation this game between "being mafia" and "being quiet." All those random voters out there...it seems clear that maintaing your random vote isn't going to do much. It would seem that the only relevant moves to make at this point are to

a) try to convince people to switch to your votee
b) switch your vote to someone more likely to be lynched
c) vote no lynch

This day's not going to go anywhere with everyone following their random votes.

Cam

That, and everyone else was doing it, man...

No, seriously, the vote would be doing no good out there, and if a slip-up appeared, I'd want to be able to vote immediately without going back and figuring out who I randomly voted for.
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #113 (isolation #6) » Mon Feb 17, 2003 3:30 pm

Post by JereIC »

Sorry, I just rushed the reply! :oops:
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #128 (isolation #7) » Tue Feb 18, 2003 11:28 am

Post by JereIC »

None taken, Bobacino. You're still behaving too aggressively and defensively, methinks, and normally I'd vote for you on that. But it may be that you're new at the game (like me) and are just working your way into the game. Still,
FOS: Bobacino

For his crap logic (that I just reread twice):
Vote: Tigris

Also:
Vote: End Day

And, to answer any questions unanswered, I be a he.
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #141 (isolation #8) » Fri Feb 21, 2003 6:12 am

Post by JereIC »

Dragon Slayer wrote:My theory-

Mafia
  • Jadesmar
    JereIC
    gashlycrumb

This is however just my theory. Haven't decided on trusting DP or not :wink: but I'm going to
voteJereIC
for now anyway.

What's the theory based on?

First off, if there's three mafia, then the game's over; it's three to lynch, so obviously the three mafias just have to PM each other and get together to lynch one townie, then kill the other tonight. So, if a third person comes on and votes for me without explaination, then obviously you'd be correct about there being 3 mafia, although you'd have gotten the names wrong, and then we might say you had insider information.

I don't know about mafiascum.net, but it's customary on the other server I've played on to end the game in a mafia win when the mafia represent a majority of the players, because obviously then they can organize their lynches and victory is certain. Since Sofis didn't end the game, there must be less than three mafia, so either two or one. A one person mafia doesn't make much sense; it could be (in the game) another serial killer impersonating the mafia or something, but I don't find that likely. Either way, my theory is that you're one of two mafia playing now, and that you've latched onto Dragon Phoenix's vote against me, so that once your co-mafia comes on s/he can vote me, then kill another townie tonight, and have the game won by the day. That's probably the most likely outcome at this point, and I don't see many ways of surviving (or a townie win), but still,

FOS: Dragon Slayer
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #144 (isolation #9) » Sun Feb 23, 2003 7:22 pm

Post by JereIC »

Dragon Slayer wrote:Sorry, I didn't actually count. Anyway, like I said, that was
my
theory, not based on anything except my own opinion.

But based on what? What specific actions have I, gashlycrumb, and jadesmar done to raise your suspicions, besides being busy in real life? Is it just gut feeling, or do you have anything more specific about us?
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #149 (isolation #10) » Mon Feb 24, 2003 11:54 am

Post by JereIC »

Dragon Slayer wrote:For the last time, it's my own
guess

Ok, I just wanted to see if I could argue against it, or if it was purely guessing. If you're a townie, I don't see the need to get defensive about it.

As for voting pattern, I voted for Tigris becuase he really did post a pretty suspicious theory. Obviously, Corsato and Quailman, the doc, thought it was spotty too, along with MeMe, who turned out to be the serial killer. I don't think my voting for Tigris would be very grounds to accuse me on. Besides, mafia usually don't together, and indeed usually vote against each other to try distance themselves from each other.

So what does this mean? I don't know. I still find it suspicious that DP posted a bit of theory than a vote, and you just went and seconded him/her. I had assumed that Gashlycrumb was your co-mafia, but since Leonidas hasn't just voted for me as well for the lynch, that guess has to be wrong. Same thing for Jadesmar, s/he could have just voted for me and gotten the mafia win.

I suppose the only coherent theory I have now is that you and DP are the two mafia, and tried to get a quick bandwagon against me. If I vote for you, DS, then Leonidas has to break the tie, which will be incredibly difficult: both theories are semi-shaky, although mine is based off of just today, and your's seems to ignore today and focuses on last night (unless I'm misreading it, which is possible).
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #172 (isolation #11) » Sat Mar 01, 2003 2:53 pm

Post by JereIC »

Leonidas wrote:Where the F is JereIC ???

In his room, rebuliding his hard drive backup disk by backup disk.

I am really starting to think it's a DP+JereIC thing.

If JereIC is innocent, then he KNOWS Jadesmar and I are innocent.
But he still won't vote DP when given a chance to do so. Instead, he expects me to vote DS, it seems.

I approach this game from a very psychological viewpoint, so I was really suspicious of DS becuase he was so incredibly defensive and aggresive. I originally thought he was a good role, like Bobacino (who was also very defensive). However, if he was a good role, I don't see why he role claimed townie, unless he thought we'd just dismiss another claim as a lie at this point. I didn't consider DP so much becuase she posted the rudaments of a theory when she voted for me. It seemed hasty, but genuine and not conspiritory in any way. Looking back over the logic of it, though, it really doesn't make sense for you or Jadesmar to be mafia unless I am as well, when you both would want to stall the vote by "reading over the thread" or FOSing for a day. So, working from inside information I've gathered about my own role, I'd have to go with the Dragon Mafia theory (can I claim credit on that name?). Do we vote for DS or DP?

And he doesn't post for three days...

*whimpers* I need a new computer. Board withdrawl...

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”