Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #19 (isolation #1) » Mon Feb 10, 2003 10:10 am

Post by Bobacino »

Random vote: Bobacino

Welcome to mafiascum!

Why I oughta....

Not so random vote: MeMe

I think my reasons are clear for that one. :)
"A player plays best the role he is most wanton to become"
Bobacino
Bobacino
Watcher
Bobacino
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #28 (isolation #2) » Tue Feb 11, 2003 12:20 am

Post by Bobacino »

I don't think that you suck, per se, MeMe. However, your cruelty to the enthusiastic new blood is heartfelt... *sniff* *sniff*

Only joking. It made my vote easy, so I'm glad of it! Hurrah! :D
Bobacino
Bobacino
Watcher
Bobacino
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #42 (isolation #3) » Wed Feb 12, 2003 11:22 am

Post by Bobacino »

The question is... should I be jumping on the bandwagon?

And secondly, I suppose bandwagoning is essential to successful lynching.

Just in case gashlycrumb turns up and you all decide to whip your votes back to somebody else, I'll stick with my vote. That way I don't have to make another arbitrary decision. But if gashly does return and you still want to lynch him/her (sorry gashly), then my paltry vote won't count for much anyways....
Bobacino
Bobacino
Watcher
Bobacino
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #44 (isolation #4) » Wed Feb 12, 2003 12:31 pm

Post by Bobacino »

MeMe, you seem to have successfully started a bandwagon against gashlycrumb, without voting for him yourself. I wonder about all this
FOS: gashlycrumb For not showing up yet.
and
FOS: Quailman for the same reason.
when you don't actually vote for them yourself. Is that the tactic employed in MafiaScum?

To me, it looks like you're talking the talk but you ain't walking the walk.... :P
Bobacino
Bobacino
Watcher
Bobacino
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #49 (isolation #5) » Thu Feb 13, 2003 2:55 am

Post by Bobacino »

That sounds to me like you're the one advocating bandwagons...but unwilling to change your "paltry" vote until it's a sure thing.

Interesting point. Please bear in mind that Im not changing my vote. Waiting for a sure thing has not been stated or implied, intentionally, in my message. I was trying to say that I'd rather not change my vote at all:

• Basically, I voted for you MeMe because of your initial vote against me. If I go and change to gashly because she doesnt turn up, that might be a fairer vote. However, if gashly returns and everyone decides that its not fair to vote for her, Im left with a vote against gashly. Do I change my vote back or do I stay with gashly? Hmm? Why not just keep my vote against you and that way save any arbitrary decision making in the future. So Im neither advocating bandwagoning nor waiting for a sure thing. Im just not changing my vote

And you are right:

FOSes don't kill people...people kill people.

But why be suspicious of someone and then not act upon it? That's like the state of politics these days. Nobody really wants a war, but not very many people are doing anything about it. Thats talking the talk and not walking the walk.
"A player plays best the role he is most wanton to become"
Bobacino
Bobacino
Watcher
Bobacino
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #52 (isolation #6) » Thu Feb 13, 2003 5:06 am

Post by Bobacino »

Dragon Slayer, Im not suspicious of MeMe, Im just voting for him because this is my first game of Mafia, ever, and the first thing he said was:
Vote: Babacino
I thought it would be appropriate to return the favour. :D

As far as the FOS thing goes, Im not really sure of it at all. I don't see the reasoning behind it. This is unquestionably because I don't play Mafia very much. I am keeping an open mind as to how it might be useful. Its probably used as a political thing. However, in real life, if someone was to suggest something bad about a person and yet not confront them themselves, I would ask them why they do not heed their own words. I mean no offence, I just want to know why someone would FOS another person when they are not voting for them themselves. Is this a common procedure?

Let me reiterate this...
I am not acting upon
some
suspicion of MeMe
as DS claimed. Im just counter-voting. Is that not normal? Im only questioning MeMe about why he has a FOS on somebody and then doesn't act upon it. Is this a normal thing to do? If it is normal, then forgive me. I thought I was being really clever again (See Mafia Discussion board for one of my 'clever' ideas) by picking up on that.
Bobacino
Bobacino
Watcher
Bobacino
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #54 (isolation #7) » Thu Feb 13, 2003 5:47 am

Post by Bobacino »

Thanks Quailman.

Sorry to be such a newbie. I promise I'll learn it all quick as I can.
Bobacino
Bobacino
Watcher
Bobacino
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #71 (isolation #8) » Fri Feb 14, 2003 2:29 am

Post by Bobacino »

Based on Mathcam's advice (not to counter vote) Ive been thinking about who looks dodgy. There's a lot of bad press for gashly and she's not here to defend herself. If she did keep quiet because of the whole Mafia thing last time, would she do it again? For this long? Unlikely. She's busy, in my opinion.

I'd like to stick with MeMe, for the whole OMGUS thing, but maybe I could gather some sort of logic about it instead. I think that, with everyone knowing that gashly is probably away in RL, to condemn her without a chance to defend herself is probably a little risky as MeMe pointed out earlier on. So could those who are adamant about her execution be trying to push the vote away from them? The following people seem to want her to pay for her silence (which I can understand... but bear with me):

• MeMe (Initially but not anymore, it seems)
    DS (Mentioning a previous game... )
    Quailman (Referring to the detraction from the game)
    Matchcam (Making it disadvantageous to not have their voice heard)

I agree with all of the points made by these people. The question is, did any of them have anything to fear at any point in the game so far that made them make this decision and then get everyone else to join in?
Bobacino
Bobacino
Watcher
Bobacino
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #75 (isolation #9) » Fri Feb 14, 2003 7:14 am

Post by Bobacino »

Now that gashly is back.. what happens to the bandwagon?.... The plot thickens. :D
Bobacino
Bobacino
Watcher
Bobacino
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #90 (isolation #10) » Sat Feb 15, 2003 3:07 am

Post by Bobacino »

So, let me get this straight (I've been Valentining for a while so Im just catching up on the hot gossip). Tigris, were you making an assumption that those who confirmed last were Mafia, because Mafia would only confirm after they had discussed their target?

Secondly, I didnt get an email, I got a PM. Is there a reason why I didnt get an email and everyone else did?

Thirdly, to Mathcam, based on the way that I interpreted Tigris's intital argument (see above), I agreed with Corsato's statement of "crap logic" only in so far as there wasn't any clear foundation for Tigris's argument, in my opinion. However, I was curious that Corsato used a blanket term for this criticism rather than go into any detail. I was interested to see your inquisition of Corsato and the answer that ensued. Perhaps you were a little heavy handed with your query?

If you truly believe that it's crap logic, then why don't you tell us the specific step of the argument in which crap logic was used. Simply claiming "There are no conclusions to be drawn" simply won't sway me.

Lastly (and sorry for the length of my posts), could you explain to me, Mathcam, why you wrote this please:

but Bobacino does seem kind of suspicious

Thats all.
Bobacino
Bobacino
Watcher
Bobacino
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #94 (isolation #11) » Sat Feb 15, 2003 8:42 am

Post by Bobacino »

As time goes on, I feel that there is less and less for me to go on. Im going to
unvote: MeMe
because, first of all, he discarded his vote for me, and more importantly, I see the folly of an OMGUS vote. All it serves to do is make the OMGUS caster a little unpopular. I shall try to implement a vote on something a little more substancial. Until I can puzzle out some logic shall remain voteless...
Bobacino
Bobacino
Watcher
Bobacino
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #95 (isolation #12) » Sat Feb 15, 2003 8:44 am

Post by Bobacino »

.. Perhaps gashly and JereIC might be able to cast some light on the events. Afterall, it has been a while since either of them spoke.
Bobacino
Bobacino
Watcher
Bobacino
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #96 (isolation #13) » Sat Feb 15, 2003 9:50 am

Post by Bobacino »

Ive had a little think, and the only thing that I could come up with was a study of the posting patterns so far. I noticed single occasions of teaming between some members of the game. However, there seems to be no obvious pattern of this teaming.

I also looked at accusation and condemnation. The mafia are being particularly clever about this. There are very few pushes toward an individual except perhaps in the case of gashlycrumb. Tigris seems to be getting unpopular for two reasons: Faulty logic makes him stand out and his consistent posting of loud and long points attract people's attention.

There are three persistently quiet individuals: Jadesmar, JereIC and GashlyCrumb. That is all that I can divine from the information at hand. Perhaps, with experience, I could make some conclusions. When the deadline comes, and I still don't have much to go on, I may go with a hunch like Jadesmar did.
Bobacino
Bobacino
Watcher
Bobacino
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #101 (isolation #14) » Sun Feb 16, 2003 3:10 am

Post by Bobacino »

Gashly, don't be offended by my query. That is the nature of the game. If you are missing, people will ask why. We all have to interact with real life, as you have stated. I am not for one second making any pretense that Mafia should have a higher priority and Im curious as to why you seem so defensive.

If you look at my posts, I have not voted for you Gashly and nor have I advocated your lynching. You have been targeted because it is easier to target a non entity without reason, than a voice with sense.

May I suggest, if real life is proving a stress for you at the moment, that you converse with the Moderator, Sofis, as to how you might be replaced within this game. None of us want to aggrevate you if you haven't the time to deal with Mafia. Also, it might make the game flow a little smoother if there was someone else here who didn't have so much to deal with outside of MafiaScum.
Bobacino
Bobacino
Watcher
Bobacino
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #107 (isolation #15) » Sun Feb 16, 2003 10:23 pm

Post by Bobacino »

What normally happens on day 1? I get the feeling that we're really getting nowhere,
OK, not only are we stagnating, we seem to be going backward. Someone's guilty.
but I have nothing to compare it against. I'm going to have a look through the posts from other games to see what is supposed to happen and how people have come up with theories in the past.

If no one starts to vote again soon, Im guessing that the only thing that will start to get us talking will be another death (which is a pity because I beleive that the majority of us will be making random or hunch votes without backup). When does night fall?
Bobacino
Bobacino
Watcher
Bobacino
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #115 (isolation #16) » Tue Feb 18, 2003 7:26 am

Post by Bobacino »

I've been waiting for something meaty to deconstruct but nobody's posting. I'm going to vote now. There are three people I have a gut feeling about: MeMe, JereIC and Tigris. What do I do? I've already dropped a vote against MeMe so I'll stick with that. That leaves JereIC and Tigris. I've got nothing at all to go on, but the day has to end sometime.

I'll vote JereIC. No offense and don't ask for a good reason because I don't have one. Sorry about that. If you give me a good reason to vote somebody else, JereIC, I'll reconsider.

vote: JereIC

Sebastian.
Bobacino
Bobacino
Watcher
Bobacino
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #117 (isolation #17) » Tue Feb 18, 2003 8:52 am

Post by Bobacino »

Don't take that tone with me Corsato. I'll vote for whom I like, especially if I have no particularly logical reason. Why do you care who I vote for anyway?
Bobacino
Bobacino
Watcher
Bobacino
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #118 (isolation #18) » Tue Feb 18, 2003 8:56 am

Post by Bobacino »

Furthermore, what difference does it make if I vote for someone with 0 votes or 6 votes? Surely once all of our votes are in and finalised, that is when the day ends, is it not? Or are there other criteria that need to be met?

:?:

Fill me in please because this is my first game (I'll stop mentioning that now).
Bobacino
Bobacino
Watcher
Bobacino
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #123 (isolation #19) » Tue Feb 18, 2003 10:32 am

Post by Bobacino »

First of all, apologies for not bringing the day closer to completion as I thought I was doing. Secondly, Qualilman, would you rather me put my vote on Tigris? Afterall, that's what you and Corsato are voting. To be honest, I hadn't considered the number of votes that people had made. I made my decision based on a random gut feeling. I thought JereIC had another vote from one of the Dragons. But what if I had made my decision based on trying to get the game concluded (majority vote business that Quailman mentioned)? What if I jumped on your bandwagon (Quailman) and it turns out that you are Mafia.

In fact, Corsato and Quailman could be scum and they could be trying to deter my vote away from JereIC for some reason. Are there three Mafia in this minigame? In fact, what are the character types included in this game (or are we not supposed to know)?

Also, let me clarify this: Only if a person gets more than half of all the player's votes will the day end (unless there is a deadline implemented). So to lynch someone there is required 6 votes today?
Bobacino
Bobacino
Watcher
Bobacino
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #124 (isolation #20) » Tue Feb 18, 2003 10:39 am

Post by Bobacino »

Sorry for this out of game comment:

• Mathcam, hopefully I'll be around enough so that you can learn how I play and that sort of thing and vice versa. I'm picking up little idiosyncrasies here and there with everyone but like you implied, I don't know if they're chatter boxes, defensive or scum. I can't tell the difference. That's probably one of the cool things about playing with the same crowd for a long time. Do you find that you use each other's playing style to help you gauge the odds?

End comment.

Sebastian.
Bobacino
Bobacino
Watcher
Bobacino
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #126 (isolation #21) » Tue Feb 18, 2003 10:47 am

Post by Bobacino »

I feel like an idiot. I forgot that Sofis had provided all of that info there. :oops:

Sebastian
Bobacino
Bobacino
Watcher
Bobacino
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #138 (isolation #22) » Thu Feb 20, 2003 10:57 pm

Post by Bobacino »

I'm... to young..... to.. die.... urgh...

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”