Game Over.

Spoiler: Who Still Walked During Endgame
1. Pine
2. Haylen
3. MagnaofIllusion
4. Yuchai
5. Oversoul

Spoiler: Flavor
The Tourists Obviously Wandering Nowhere (TOWN, for short) is a group of Vehement Instigators of Large Area Good Exploration and Relaxation. (VILAGER, for short.) One day, they decided to fund an expedition into a No-Man’s Land, an endless forest stretching out for miles upon miles. This mountainous valley had been home to many previous inhabitants, but they had always kept their land secret.

The name of this land? The Mega-Awesome Stormy Terrain of Instant Nile Valley. MASTIN Valley for short. As the name hints to, it is a very rainy location, where flood waters can reach levels of Nile proportions. This lush green terrain has never been conquered by modern man, and many say it never should be.

The members of TOWN don’t particularly care about that. They’re a group of fun-loving explorers, who get an adrenaline high from going to new places, dangerous locales which few dare enter. To them, it is the ultimate thrill ride, a way of relieving the stress from normal-day life.

They’re mostly ordinary people. A small expedition, consisting of fourteen Tourists and one Guide, heading out into the wilderness in their all-terrain Jeeps. The expedition begins well. Many laughs are had, as the group takes many beautiful pictures of the land around them. The group narrowly avoids being washed away by a flood only five days into this two-week trip, and they don’t even think about it twice.

Snake bites narrowly dodged. Abandoned hunting traps narrowly disarmed. Spiders, narrowly avoided. Poisoned food, fortunately pointed out at the last possible second by the Tour Guide, the one voice of reason keeping the group together. And seven days into the expedition, people begin to take in samples of the area around them.

…And
that

…Is when IT happened.

Yes, when the paradise of MASTIN Valley turned into a living nightmare.

The day that changed everything.

The Jeeps.

Broke down.

They had progressed a solid week into the forest around them in the Jeeps, carrying all their supplies. They were far out of communication range with anyone else. They were stranded, no way out.

Fighting broke out. Some began to wonder if maybe the Jeeps had been sabotaged. This theory seemed to be backed up by a flood on the tenth day of the expedition, when the group barely hung on for life.

When they awoke, the Jeeps were gone. “They never could have simply been washed away by the flood!”

Worse, they were debating what to do next. Some said their best bet was to stay put, else risk getting lost and going deeper into this vast terrain. Others said that they would run out of food and fresh, clean water well before that and die in any number of horrible ways. “Nobody even knows we’re out here. Nobody even knows we’re stranded.”

“And we have no way of knowing if we’re making it better or worse by leaving!”

The in-fighting began to get worse, but the Tour Guide knocked some sense into them. Before the fight went into physical blows, he had managed to calm the crowd down. “Relax. We still have enough supplies to manage. Our situation will not improve by staying in one place and waiting for rescue which may never come. No, instead, we need to get moving. You hired me for a reason, no? I can get us out of here. We won’t get lost as long as I am your Guide. If we make good progress, I imagine we could be out of here within two weeks’ time.”

The arguments came to a halt. Everyone gathered their personal supplies, as well as anything they could salvage from the area around them. It was time.

Time to head out, on foot, and face all the dangers they had gone by before. The long hike to safety was upon them, covering miles after miles of harsh, unforgiving terrain. They set out, not knowing what they would face. Only one thing was certain:

Now they were afraid.

TOWN had never been in a situation quite like this.

The group of VILAGERs was now facing a situation completely foreign to them.

How had they been so foolish?

How had they managed to get into so much trouble?

But the worst was yet to come.

Nobody heard it.

The killers were skilled assassins, who didn’t make so much as a single noise.

All their suspicions, all of their fears.

None could come close to the horrible truth.

The Tour Guide was murdered during the night.

It was fear at first. Now set in the panic. Their one shining light, the voice of reason in the town, had been silenced overnight by muffled gun fire. Could the killer be among them? Searching through the Tour Guide’s supplies for guidance, they found a note, left behind:

We are among you. Mass Assassins, Final Instigators of Armageddon. Now Die.

They had killers, murderers, in the TOWN. MAFIA. “Maybe it’s a freak occurrence?” One of the villagers spoke up. “Maybe it’s just some sort of sick joke?”

“Regardless, we have to keep going. He was right. We need to get out of here. We made good progress yesterday, before settling in to make camp. We can sort this all out later.”

“Well, if you’re so smart, why don’t
you
do something about it?”

“I wouldn’t have it any other way.”

After a small, short debate, the man who had spoken up to keep on going was unanimously declared to be on the right path, and people quickly fell into line.

This new VILAGE leader was seen as being the new voice of reason, leading the group for the remainder of the day. Finally, they had direction. After hiking for miles further, with only an educated guess as to their direction, the members of the TOWN were getting exhausted already. But with a voice of reason, they kept on going until the sun began to set on MASTIN Valley.

Once more making camp, the TOWN got settled in. A campfire was hastily built, using the skills the Guide had taught them before his untimely demise. Everyone was on edge, staring at each other with a look of paranoia. Who could they trust?

As it turns out, pretty much nobody. Parama, their new leader, was on guard, seen as the one person least likely to be a threat. However, he was not quick enough. Some time around midnight, a struggle could be heard. By the time everyone had woken up and made their way to the scene, it was too late.

Parama had died,
Shot like the Guide.

“Once might have been a coincidence. Twice?”

“How do we deal with this?!?”

“We need to get rid of the killers. Whoever they are, we need to get rid of them.”

“How? By politely asking them to leave?”

One of the Tourists took some rope out of their backpack. “I was thinking of something a little more permanent.”

Killing
each other?!?”

“They’re killing us off one by one, every night! We’re at least twelve days away from a safe haven. Do the math yourself. We’ll never make it!”

“I agree. It’s Kill or Be Killed, right now. And I do not want to die.”

“Alright. I agree. Any objections?”

Nobody speaks up.

“Then it’s decided. Tomorrow, we strike back.”

“Decide who needs to die, throughout the day, with a deadline of Dusk. When we’ve reached a majority decision, no looking back. No taking the decision back. We lock it in, and we carry through.”

“Starting at Dawn, the TOWN will begin to hunt…the MAFIA.”
Tour Guide, Only Sane Man, murdered night -1.
Parama, Voice Of Reason, killed night 0.

Mastin
's
Mafia

You have been warned…

Moderator:
mastin2.
Backup Moderator:
Papa Zito
Red Coyote
Setup Reviewers:
Empking, Trumpet Of Doom, LlamaFluff, SpyreX, Vi.

The Players
:

1: Pine
2:
Christmas 26
Amrun
3:
Zombeh-Pug
callforjudgement
4: Haylen
5:
dybeck
MagnaofIllusion
6: toxictaipan [2]
7: Lastsurvivor
8: Raivann
9: Yuchai [1]
10:
dicknose
Oversoul [2]
11:
Edward White
Battousai
12: Bub Bidderskins
13: mafia-n00b [1]

Replacements:
Amrun
Battousai
Oversoul
callforjudgement
MagnaofIllusion

Bolded
have not confirmed.

[1][2][X] denotes number of prods. X = 3, and warrants replacement.
Last edited by mastin2 on Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:05 pm, edited 4 times in total.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:12 am

Post by mastin2 »

The Rules
:

Section Zero
--CREDITS
:

0.1: I would like to give my thanks to Percy, Zwetschenwasser, Powerrox93, Substrike22, Amor, AurorusVox, and Alduskkel which my ruleset took influence from, plus my reviewers Empking, Trumpet of Doom, Vi, SpyreX, and LlamaFLuff.

SECTION ONE
--INTRODUCTION
:

1.1: Hi. I'm mastin2, your moderator for this game.
RedCoyote
is your backup moderator. This game has been certified by the Normal Game Guidelines. While I like writing flavor, it will ultimately have no bearing on this game.

SECTION TWO
--GAME MECHANICS:

2.1: Standard game mechanics are in effect. The game consists of alterations between a day phase and a night phase, continuing until one faction has achieved their win condition. The Game Starts during the
Day Phase
. All roles which can communicate during the Night are permitted to do so during
Pregame
, but must stop once I declare Day One to have begun.

2.2: During the
Day
, the villagers choose a player to lynch with their voices and their votes. Day Ends when either deadline hits or a majority has been reached. (See also:
Deadlines
Votes
.) The lynched player’s role will be revealed and then we will move onto the
Night Phase

2.3: During the
Night Phase
, Roles which are permitted to talk during the night may now do so. Anyone with a Night Action must submit it within the given time for their action to take effect.

SECTION THREE
--MODERATION AND RESPECT:

3.1:
I am a mod, not a god. My word may be final, but I am not infalliable. If I feel that an amendment to the rules is required, I will do so and inform you of such. If I make a mistake, inform me of such. If you disagree with a decision of mine, politely explain to me why. If you have a question, feel free to ask.

3.2:
This is a game. I hope that you have fun. In return, I ask that you not have your fun at the expense of the other players in this game. This means that you must respect other players and not invoke personal attacks.

3.3:
This extends to language. An occasional F-Bomb is alright; precision is power. Cursing every other word/sentence/paragraph is not, and will get you force-replaced.

3.4:
Emphasis is also included. Excessive abuse of CAPS LOCKS,
bolding,
italicizing,
underlining, ESPECIALLY WITH CAPS
AND LARGE SIZES
, etc. is just as bad. Using them occasionally is fine; cluttering the thread with them is not.

3.5:
Put bluntly, be civil and don't be a Jerkass.

SECTION FOUR
--VOTES:

4.1:
Short version--Vote in the form
Vote: DaMod
. If I understand it, it counts.

4.2:
Longer version: Both
Votes
and
Unvotes
must be
bolded
in order for them to count. The Vote/Unvote tags are also acceptable.

4.3:
As long as a vote/unvote is recognizable as a vote/unvote for a specific player, it will count as a vote/unvote for that player.

4.4:
I would prefer you unvote before revoting, vote on a new line, use a Colon, space, and First Letter Capitalized to make my job easier, but none of these are required.

4.5:
As an alternative to voting for someone, Players may vote for a
No Lynch
in order to end a day-phase with no lynch. No Lynch requires 50% (majority when not possible) of the players' votes.

4.6:
Whenever a player has reached a majority of all living players' votes (that's {*half [50%] the number of living players*, rounded down}+1), a lynch has occurred and the game goes into Twilight. Further Votes and Unvotes will no longer count.

4.7:
During Twilight, the lynched player may not post in the game anymore, at all, for any reason, because they are dead. Everyone else is free to talk until the mod scene is posted, though.

SECTION FIVE
--FUN STUFF:

5.1:
Once you're dead, you're dead.
Accept it
. No talking in the thread, once you are dead. I WILL, however, allow a Bah-type post; there is no restriction on the wording, as long as it has no game-related content.

5.2:
This applies to replacements as well; if you are replaced, you're replaced. If you are in the process of being replaced, however, you may still post until a replacement is found.

SECTION SIX
--ACTIVITY AND REPLACEMENTS:

6.1:
Please treat this game as a devotion. While obviously not required, I'd prefer players post at least once a day. You signed up to play; don't make me follow through with this:

6.2:
If you don't post within 72 hours (3 days), you will receive a prod. I will also prod on request, though it will not count as an official prod if the player is under the limit and/or V/LA. If you do not post for another 48 hours (2 days) to make a total of 120 hours (5 days), or would receive your third prod, I will replace you. (Three strikes, yer out!)

6.3:
If you are still around and in the process of being replaced due to an absence that is not your third prod, I will let you continue play. However, if you get a prod in that game-day after this leniency has been granted, you'll have already used up your lifeline and will be replaced.

SECTION SEVEN
--DEADLINE:

7.1:
Days have a 20-day deadline and nights have a 4-day (96 hour) deadline.

7.2:
WARNING--If I believe mass-inactivity takes hold of the game, I may shorten the deadline accordingly. I will mass-prod everyone to notify them of this.

Day

7.3:
If a deadline is reached, the player with the most votes will be lynched. In the event of a tie, the player who reached the tied number first will be lynched.

Night

7.4:
During the night, a failure to submit a night action before deadline will count as No Action. Night actions can be sent to me in advance in the case that you're going to be (or fear you might be) V/LA during the night phase. I will allow you to change your night action, so long as the change is made before deadline has been reached.

SECTION EIGHT
--YOU SHOULD KNOW THESE ALREADY:

8.1:
Don't be an idiot--using loopholes to gain an advantage will get you modkilled. Do not discuss this game outside this thread with anyone other than me, unless allowed by your PM. Do not talk about other ongoing games. Do not lie to me to gain an advantage in-thread. Do not quote mod communications, though paraphrasing is acceptable.

8.2:
When in doubt, ask.

SECTION NINE
--MODKILLS AND FORCE REPLACEMENTS:

9.1:
I am quite lenient with rules, but do have limits. The punishment for the crime will be as close to the level of the offense as I can get.

9.2:
Modkills will almost always punish the modkilled player the most severe way possible. Modkills result in conversion to Neutral Survivors and instant-death--an auto-loss. I reserve the right to blacklist an individual who is modkilled or force replaced.

SECTION TEN
--MISCELLANEOUS:

10.1:
My mod colors are
bolded
Green
bolded
Red
, and
bolded
black
. Please try to avoid using them. They will be
<<< contained within marks like this. These triple Marks are MINE; using them is modkillable. >>>

Sample Vanilla Townie role PM:

Vanilla Townie Sample PM wrote: Hello, and welcome to Mini *number*: Mastin's Mini Mafia, *
Playername
*!

You are a
Vanilla Townie
! Your only weapons are your Instinct, Intuition, Voice, and your Vote.

You are aligned with the
town
. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and at least one member of the town is still alive.

Please confirm in the thread that you've read and understand your role PM. The Game Thread can be found here.

Good luck and have fun!
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:32 am

Post by mastin2 »

<<< Important Links >>>

Role PMs were sent.
Day One Began.

Amrun replaced Christmas26.

Day One Ended.

Day Two Began.

Battousai replaced Edward White.
Oversoul replaced dicknose.
callforjudgement replaced Zombeh-Pug.

Day Two Ended.

Night Two Ended.

Day Three Ended.

Night Three Ended.

Site went "So long, and thanks for all the fish!"

Game recovery post.

The mod asks an important question......

Game resumes.

MagnaofIllusion replaces dybeck.

Day Four Ends.

Night Four Ends.

Day Five Ends.

Spoiler: Players Alive
1. Pine
4. Haylen
5. dybeck
6. toxictaipan
9. Yuchai
10. Oversoul

Spoiler: Players Lost To The Jungle (dead)
Parama, mrnotgenericbutstilldeadguy, killed by not appearing in this game.

Christmas26, Amrun's predecessor
, eaten by a mountain lion because he failed to confirm.
Raivann,
Vanilla Townie
, Lynched
Day One
Amrun,
Vanilla Townie
, Killed
Night One
Edward White, Battousai's predecessor
, died from a snake bite (was replaced) day two.
dicknose, Oversoul's predecessor
, left for dead (requested replacement) day two.
Zombeh-Pug, callforjudgement's predecessor
, died of a spider bite (was replaced) day two.
Battousai,
Vanilla Townie
, Lynched
Day Two
Lastsurvivor,
Vanilla Townie
, Lynched
Day Three
callforjudgement,
Vanilla Townie
, Killed
Night Three
Mafiascum.net, home to this game
, Died
Day Four
. (It Got Better. Kinda.)
mafia-n00b,
Mafia Goon
, Lynched
Day Four
Bub Bidderskins,
Town Roleblocker
, Killed
Night Four

Last Vote Count:

MagnaofIllusion (1) - Pine
No Lynch (4) - MagnaofIllusion, Haylen, toxictaipan, Oversoul

Not Voting (1) - Yuchai.
Last edited by mastin2 on Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #3 (isolation #3) » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:33 am

Post by mastin2 »

<<< And here I will place the recovered files for the game. >>>

http://www.4shared.com/zip/UG-qysns/att ... 04_10.html
^Link available to download the files that I have. Yes, whatever jumbled mess you see is the mess I've been trying to fix. When I have, I'll update here to give you a better place.
Last edited by mastin2 on Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #4 (isolation #4) » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:36 am

Post by mastin2 »

<<< The TOWN had been traveling for less than three hours when it struck. Some would say it was the wrath of god. Others, the wrath of nature. More optimistic fellows would call it plain bad luck, but most people were quite certain some malicious entity caused it.

For a great rockslide descended upon the surviving eight members of the TOWN, engulfing them in a solid tomb of stone. Rocks had fallen.

And there they lied. In darkness and in death. No sign of life was present. Hours, and then what feel like weeks pass on by in the blink of an eye, and yet not a soul stirs in the motion.

For it was over. Anticlimatic as it was, everything had perished. Not a soul remained.

Everyone had died.

And despite the spirit's efforts to the contrary, their TOWN would not survive.

...Or...

...Would it?

A hand breaks through the dirt, rising above from the grave which had been dug.

The members of the TOWN hear the voices of the dead, encouraging them to get back up and fight. Despite not being able to see or hear each other, and only having the faintest sensation of what was going on, they fight against the urge to perish and join the dead in the netherworld. No, they were going to
live

And so, limb by limb, they crawl out, determined not to let this be their resting place. While most of their supplies (including their records) are no longer salvageable, the important part was that they were all alive.

...Well, most of them, anyway.

While able to dig
dybeck
out, nobody is able to revive him from his sleep. The TOWN decide to stick him back under, to give him a makeshift resting place as they begin to ponder...would it be worth continuing on? >>>

<<< I'm going to send a PM to all players, living and dead, on whether they want this game to continue. I'll need seven "yes" responses in order to continue, but I also don't want to track down more than one or two replacements, so I also require six of them to be from living players. If either criteria is not met, then the game will be abandoned. If both are met, then the game will resume. >>>
Last edited by mastin2 on Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #5 (isolation #5) » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:02 pm

Post by mastin2 »

You guys are awesome.
<3

<<< Spurred on by their deceased fallen comrades, it is almost completely unanimous to continue things on--they would see things through to whatever end. The cycle of life and death would have to finish, one way or another.

While the loss of their history and all the many experiences within would be regrettable, they would push on regardless. No funeral is held for dybeck, as the TOWN begins to immediately resume their hike, doing their best to try and imagine that nothing had happened in the first place.

Things weren't over yet. There was still a lot of fight to be had. >>>

<<< The game will continue. I have not received an answer from dybeck, so he shall be replaced, but all other living players in addition to multiple dead players want the game to continue. >>>

I won't be able to do any mod duties until very late tonight (and maybe not then), but I see no reason not to reopen the thread.

The New Votecount
:
(AKA, the "We're [finally] back!" Votecount.)

Pine - 0
Haylen - 0
dybeck - 0
toxictaipan - 0
Yuchai - 0
Oversoul - 0
Bub Bidderskins - 0
mafia-n00b - 0

Not Voting - 8 (Pine, Haylen, dybeck, toxictaipan, Yuchai, Oversoul, Bub Bidderskins, mafia-n00b)

<<< dybeck is being replaced. >>>
Last edited by mastin2 on Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #6 (isolation #6) » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:10 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Side-note, I'm having trouble editing the original post--getting a 500 internal server error of some kind.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #18 (isolation #7) » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:45 pm

Post by mastin2 »

<<< As it turns out, the TOWN wouldn't need to carry the burden of dybeck having fallen for very long, as less than two hours pass before they cross paths with another survivor of the avalanche. He introduces himself as
MagnaofIllusion
, who is all too pleased to take dybeck's load. Stories of their adventures are exchanged, and soon, it is as if he was always a member of the TOWN.

...Which of course meant that he would get to take part in discussing the unpleasantries involved with lynching. But the man doesn't even slow down as he takes the concept quite well. "It can't be that bad. Just tell me everything you can remember about your situation."

And so they relayed their tale on the move, never ceasing to cast suspicious glances at one another. >>>

<<< MagnaofIllusion replaces dybeck. >>>
Last edited by mastin2 on Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #25 (isolation #8) » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:35 am

Post by mastin2 »

Apologies for the weak flavor; best I can think of given the circumstances.

<<< Working from what little he can,
MagnaofIllusion
immediately bombards people with his fresh perspective--his new view on things could help shed some light on the matter for the TOWN.

...That is, assuming he had their interests in mind. Already, accusations fly that he might be a MAFIA member, who survived through his training to come and help finish off the already-weakened TOWN.

But he was not the center of attention, as
mafia-n00b
instantly caught some flack from
Pine
. >>>

Second Votecount of Day Four
:
(Second New Votecount,
AKA, the "Mod Needs to do a LOT of Work" votecount
)

mafia-n00b (1) - Pine

Not Voting (7) - Haylen, MagnaofIllusion, toxictaipan, Yuchai, Oversoul, Bub Bidderskins, mafia-n00b.

With
players alive, it's
votes to lynch.

mastin2, The Moderator, is V/LA for ...a while.
toxictaipan is V/LA until Monday, April 9th, 4/9/12.

New Deadline is on Sunday, April 22nd, @ 8:30 PM PST, which is in (expired on 2012-04-22 20:29:59).

Spoiler: Chages from last votecount
mafia-n00b - 1 (Pine)

Not Voting - 7 (
Pine
, Haylen,
dybeck
MagnaofIllusion, toxictaipan, Yuchai, Oversoul, Bub Bidderskins, mafia-n00b)

Spoiler: Player Vote History
Pine: mafia-n00b
Haylen:
MagnaofIllusion:
toxictaipan:
Yuchai:
Oversoul:
Bub Bidderskins:
mafia-n00b:

Spoiler: Voting History
On Sat 3/31/12 @09:52p,
Pine
votes
mafia-n00b
in new post 16.
Last edited by mastin2 on Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #33 (isolation #9) » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:22 am

Post by mastin2 »

<<< As everyone begins to fall back into the rhythm that was so rudely interrupted by the rockslide, people begin working on trying to recover the lost files they had worked so hard on having created. The progress is slow, hindered by the fact that nobody seems to be able to remember more than a few sentences at a time of what had been there.

They get so obsessed with their lost files that many were planning on reviewing, that they barely notice that two members of the group have fallen behind.

"Where in the gods' names is mafia-n00b?!?"
MagnaofIllusion
inquires.

"Or for that matter, Oversoul, the guy who was originally writing our records?"

During any other day, the group would not have slowed down and would shrug off the loss of their members. In their situation, with so many having been lost already, however, they stop in their tracks to wait, continuing their debate while they search for
mafia-n00b
and
Oversoul
. >>>

<<< Bah, work on recovering the game files has run into a slight wall. The return of thr 500 Internal Server Error.
(Which is inconvenient, as I need to fix the spoiler tags on what little I already have.)
I'll still be working on the recovery, but in the mean time, I do believe some prods are in order.

mafa-n00b is getting prodded. This is his first prod of three. Oversoul is also getting prodded; this is his second strike. >>>

(I will, of course, edit this into the first post as soon as I am able to do so.)
Last edited by mastin2 on Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #64 (isolation #10) » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:37 am

Post by mastin2 »

<<< "Sorry. I kinda...got lost. My head's spinning a little from the impact, and it's a little hard for me to remember what came before, so I was really hoping we'd have made progress."
mafia-n00b
apologizes, as he returns to the group.

Immediately, he throws his weight around by pushing towards
Yuchai
, heavily implying him to be MAFIA with his words. Immediately, he is met with doubtful glances, among them of course being the accused
Yuchai
, who did not take well to the news.

The debate for the day continues to rage on, as people continue to try and make sense of the situation, assessing just how good or bad off they really are, along with what to do not for just the current day, but also planning ahead to future days as well.

Unkind words are exchanged (mostly between
Pine
and the poor newcomer,
MagnaofIllusion
), and things in general feel like the same chaotic mess they had been during previous days. Rants are made. People curse at the heavens for how horrendously bad their situation is. And nobody knows for sure what is going on.

"You guys really made a mess of things, didn't you?" Magna sighs.

"That would be a...bit of an understatement,"
Bub Bidderskins
confirms.

This was not going well at all. >>>

Third Votecount of Day Four
:
(Third New Votecount,
AKA, the "Mod's working on it!" votecount
)

mafia-n00b (2) - Pine, Yuchai
Yuchai (1) - mafia-n00b

Not Voting (5) - Haylen, MagnaofIllusion, toxictaipan, Oversoul, Bub Bidderskins.

With
players alive, it's
votes to lynch.
New Deadline is on Sunday, April 22nd, @ 8:30 PM PST, which is in (expired on 2012-04-22 20:29:59).

mafia-n00b - 2 (Pine, Yuchai)
Yuchai - 1 (mafia-n00b)

Not Voting - 5 (Haylen, MagnaofIllusion, toxictaipan,
Yuchai
, Oversoul, Bub Bidderskins,
mafia-n00b
)

Haylen:
MagnaofIllusion:
toxictaipan:
Yuchai: mafia-n00b
Oversoul:
Bub Bidderskins:
mafia-n00b: Yuchai

On Sat, Mar 3/31/12 @09:52p,
Pine
votes
mafia-n00b
in new post 16.
On Wed, Apr 4/04/12 @10:44a,
mafia-n00b
votes
Yuchai
in new post 35.
On Wed, Apr 4/04/12 @11:10a,
Yuchai
votes
mafia-n00b
in new post 37.
Last edited by mastin2 on Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #71 (isolation #11) » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:12 pm

Post by mastin2 »

<<< And that's a lynch! >>>

Fourth and Final Votecount of Day Four
:
(Fourth New Votecount,
AKA, the "Tasteless" votecount
)

mafia-n00b (5) - Pine, Yuchai, Bub Bidderskins, Haylen, mafia-n00b

Not Voting (3) - MagnaofIllusion, toxictaipan, Oversoul.

With
players alive, it's
votes to lynch.

mafia-n00b - 5 (Pine, Yuchai, Bub Bidderskins, Haylen, mafia-n00b)
Yuchai - 0 (
mafia-n00b
)

Not Voting - 3 (
Haylen
, MagnaofIllusion, toxictaipan, Oversoul,
Bub Bidderskins
)

Haylen: mafia-n00b
MagnaofIllusion:
toxictaipan:
Yuchai: mafia-n00b
Oversoul:
Bub Bidderskins:
mafia-n00b: Yuchai->mafia-n00b

On Sat, Mar 3/31/12 @09:52p,
Pine
votes
mafia-n00b
in new post 16.
On Wed, Apr 4/04/12 @10:44a,
mafia-n00b
votes
Yuchai
in new post 35.
On Wed, Apr 4/04/12 @11:10a,
Yuchai
votes
mafia-n00b
in new post 37.
On Thu, Apr 4/05/12 @02:50p,
Bub Bidderskins
votes
mafia-n00b
in new post 65.
On Thu, Apr 4/05/12 @02:52p,
Haylen
votes
mafia-n00b
in new post 66.
On Thu, Apr 4/05/12 @03:04p,
mafia-n00b
hammer-votes
mafia-n00b
in new post 69.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #72 (isolation #12) » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:17 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Sorry for the unceremonial flip.

<<< Out of seemingly nowhere,
Bub Bidderskins
springs into action, rallying the town against
mafia-n00b
, calling him a lying scumbag that could not have done what he claimed to have done, as Bub countered that he had sedated mafia-n00b.

While the TOWN is a little shocked at the sudden claim, they quickly realize it to be true, setting things into motion, as a mob quickly forms around mafia-n00b. But to their surprise...he is already holding the rope.
Haylen
Yuchai
Bub Bidderskins
, and
Pine
never get the chance to finish him off, as he hangs himself without their assistance.

That was as good of a confession as any, but they still had to confirm.

Searching through his bags, they found no sign of a badge, or anything suggesting he was in fact a real cop of any kind.

That was the first good sign.

Before long, they found a gun--but if he were to be in such a role, would he not carry a weapon like that?

Still, it was encouraging.

...But where were the notes? Where was the evidence that he was really MAFIA?

They continued searching.

And yet, they found nothing.

It was a failure.

Surely, it was just another TOWN member, having finally had enough and ended his own misery.

But then...wouldn't it have been over?

Wouldn't the TOWN have lost?

They check again.

And again.

Wasting the rest of the day, they continue the search.

There
had
to be something they were overlooking.

...And at last, find a hidden compartment with the incriminating notes they wanted to have found.

Unfortunately, they are encrypted, meaning that nobody stands a chance at decoding them, but they were there, nonetheless, and that was all the proof they needed.

The TOWN as a whole sighed a breath of relief.

They got one.

At last, one was down. A MAFIAte had fallen. >>>

mafia-n00b,
Mafia Goon
lynched
Day Four

It is now Night Four. Deadline is Monday, April 9th, 04/09/12 at 6 PM PST, which is in (expired on 2012-04-09 18:14:59).
Last edited by mastin2 on Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #73 (isolation #13) » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:30 pm

Post by mastin2 »

<<< Working throughout the night,
Haylen
managed to finally recover some of their lost work. "Sorry that I couldn't get more, but it's the best I've got."

"It's plenty enough for now. Just get some rest."

"Yeah. I had some inspiration from the dead, though, so let us never forget the fallen few."

And despite it being the middle of the night, despite how everyone should be fast asleep, everyone decides to hold a memorial for all the fallen--they deserved to rest in peace, they deserved to die better than they had, but they hadn't, and the TOWN would just have to move on... >>>

<<< Status update in regards to backups: You can download what Haylen gave me with the link in this post.
(Hopefully, anyway.)
And yes, what you see (most likely) IS what I see, but if you're faster at decoding it than I am, you can at least have a chance of reading what I've got.

I'd also like to point out how I apparently messed up on the deadline counter. It's set for something like 7:15, rather than the declared deadline of 6. I will honor the time given on the deadline clock, rather than the time I gave. >>>
Last edited by mastin2 on Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #74 (isolation #14) » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:48 pm

Post by mastin2 »

And the anticlimatic scenes continue.

<<< Yesterday had been hard-fought, indeed. The TOWN had finally done it. Spirits for the first time in ages were relatively high. They could topple the MAFIA. They could do it. They would actually get out of MASTIN Valley alive. They were going to survive.

The memorial given was a helpful reminder of how much they had lost to get this far, but it was finally looking like a turning point was happening--it was finally looking good for the formerly-demoralized town.

They could do this.

...But it would be naive to expect that it would not be without further cost.

No, they knew full and well that
somebody
would be paying the price for their achievement.

And everyone was hoping,
praying
it would not be them.

But it would be someone.

Their worst fears were confirmed when only six were alive where seven once had been--someone had not woken up with the rest of the TOWN.

And their worst fears were confirmed when they say who it was. A note had been left behind on the corpse. >>>

Gambling's sure not a crime,
But those who do it will die,
For any that think they're a winner,
Finds tables turn against the Bidder.

<<< Searching through the bag of
Bub Bidderskins
, their fallen friend, they find that he had in his possession syringes, presumably to put people to sleep during the night, much as he had claimed he could do. While the TOWN questions what sane member of the VILAGE would think to bring such things, and how it would be possible for him to use them for good, he quite clearly must have done so, for who else would have killed him, if not the MAFIA? Regardless, they search his things just to make sure--no gun, no notes; he was clean. They had, indeed, lost one of their own. Saddening as it was, they knew they needed to move on, lest his sacrifice be for nothing. >>>

Bub Bidderskins,
Town Roleblocker
, killed
Night Four

It is now Day Five. Deadline's in 20 days.
Last edited by mastin2 on Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #75 (isolation #15) » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:48 pm

Post by mastin2 »

<<<
Oversoul
resumes his duties of taking tally, crossing off the casualties of mafia-n00b and Bub Bidderskins from the list, leaving the TOWN looking quite small, almost entirely empty.

Their numbers had been halved since they began their quest. How many more needed to die before it would end? >>>

Zeroeth Votecount of Day Five
:

Pine (0) -
Haylen (0) -
MagnaofIllusion (0) -
toxictaipain (0) -
Yuchai (0) -
Oversoul (0) -

Not Voting (6) - Pine, Haylen, MagnaofIllusion, toxictaipan, Yuchai, Oversoul.

With
players alive, it's
votes to lynch.

Deadline is on Sunday, April 29th, 4/29/12, @ 8:00 PM PST, which is in (expired on 2012-04-29 19:59:59).

Player Vote and Voting History reset for new day.
Last edited by mastin2 on Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #78 (isolation #16) » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:16 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 73, mastin2 wrote:
<<< Status update in regards to backups: You can download what Haylen gave me with the link in this post.
(Hopefully, anyway.)
And yes, what you see (most likely) IS what I see, but if you're faster at decoding it than I am, you can at least have a chance of reading what I've got. >>>
Status Update on the status update--you can view at least page one (not sure about the rest, yet--doesn't seem to be giving me anything beyond a blank page) neatly by downloading Safari.

As I don't expect everyone to download Safari, however, I will continue on working out a way to make them more viewable to everyone.

Also, even in Safari, telling who is who is slightly difficult.

The references given were this--
Pine: Sig includes 'Bastion of Sanity'

Amrun: Sing includes 'my games: Otters vs Tigers vs Sharks'. Location is East Coast.

Callforjudgement: Join date is September 01, 2011.

Haylen: Sig is something in Latin plus complaining about exams. Location is under your bed.

Dybeck: Sig is 'eenie meenie miney vote.'

Toxictaipan: Sig is 'I know, I try.'

Lastsurvivor: Join date is December 24, 2009.

Raivann: Sig is 'Digestion only feeds...this abomination breathes.' Location is Valhalla, Asgard.

Yuchai: Sig is 'There is no i in town'. Location the netherlands.

Dicknose: Join date is July 24, 2011.

Oversoul: Sig is a conversation between Bowser and Quadz.

Edward White: Join date is September 04, 2011.

Battousai: Sig is 'Currently playing in mini 1312...'

Bub Bidderskins: Sig is 'Bub Bidderskins-If he's scum, I'll catch him in 2 posts. If he's town, he'll probably be somewhat useful." ~Parama'

Mafia-n00b: Join date is October 12, 2011.

Hope that helps while I continue to find a better way to give you the archive.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #102 (isolation #17) » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:25 am

Post by mastin2 »

You guys are due for another votecount.

<<< Immediately,
Pine
blasts off, rushing into the day with a clear intent of killing a man he had been quite vocal about his displeasure in regards to said individual.

Counterintuitive as it may seem, the man Pine was antagonizing,
MagnaofIllusion
, makes no move to counter said intention, and instead starts the day off trying to convince people that at least one more TOWN member would need to die before they could finish off the MAFIA, and that they should in fact not try to rush through a lynch today, when they had only just begun to work on remembering what they had lost.

Both present their strong arguments, taking into account what they knew and what others were thinking of, but neither seemed to be gaining ground. Their opposition to each other was even stronger than it was the day before, as now they saw everything as being on the line. And in a desperate move to gain ground, MagnaofIllusion does his best to duplicate the move pulled by the deceased hero Bub Bidderskins, by claiming that he, too, can interfere with the MAFIA kills, but in a different way--that he is a trained physician, and inherited his predecessor's dybeck's equipment, and therefore knew what to do.

Now assured she wouldn't die,
Haylen
is swayed to his side, and Pine angrily rants back at him--their exchange becomes even more heated than it was before. Things were even more ugly than ever before. >>>

First Votecount of Day Five
:
(Fifth New Votecount,
AKA, the "Progress?" votecount
)

No Lynch (2) - MagnaofIllusion, Haylen

Not Voting (2) - toxictaipan, Oversoul.

With
players alive, it's
votes to (no-)lynch.

Deadline is on Sunday, April 29th, 4/29/12, @ 8:00 PM PST, which is in (expired on 2012-04-29 19:59:59).

MagnaofIllusion - 1 (Pine)
No Lynch - 2 (MagnaofIllusion, Haylen)

Not Voting - 2 (
Pine
Haylen
MagnaofIllusion
, toxictaipan, Oversoul)

Pine: MagnaofIllusion
Haylen: No Lynch
MagnaofIllusion: No Lynch
toxictaipan:
Yuchai:
Oversoul:

On Mon, Apr 4/09/12 @09:19p,
Pine
votes
MagnaofIllusion
in new post 77.
On Tue, Apr 4/10/12 @06:30a,
MagnaofIllusion
votes to
No Lynch
in new post 80.
On Tue, Apr 4/10/12 @09:56a,
Haylen
votes to
No Lynch
in new post 93.
Last edited by mastin2 on Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #124 (isolation #18) » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:38 am

Post by mastin2 »

So as a small warning, I'm AFLT (Away From Laptop) for most of today. I should still be able to check in throughout the day, of course, but you won't be getting the fancy votecounts you're used to.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #125 (isolation #19) » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:39 am

Post by mastin2 »

Like this.

No Lynch (3) - MagnaofIllusion, Haylen, toxictaipan

Not Voting (1) - Oversoul.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #129 (isolation #20) » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:38 pm

Post by mastin2 »

And that's a (lack of) lynch!

Third and Final Votecount of Day Five
:
(Seventh New Votecount,
AKA, the "actually second full" votecount
)

No Lynch (4) - MagnaofIllusion, Haylen, toxictaipan, Oversoul

Not Voting (1) - Yuchai.

With
players alive, it's
votes to (no-)lynch.

Deadline was on Sunday, April 29th, 4/29/12, @ 8:00 PM PST, which was in (expired on 2012-04-29 19:59:59).

No Lynch - 4 (MagnaofIllusion, Haylen, toxictaipan, Oversoul)

Not Voting - 1 (
Oversoul
, Yuchai)

Haylen: No Lynch
MagnaofIllusion: No Lynch
toxictaipan: No Lynch
Yuchai:
Oversoul: No Lynch

On Mon, Apr 4/09/12 @09:19p,
Pine
votes
MagnaofIllusion
in new post 77.
On Tue, Apr 4/10/12 @06:30a,
MagnaofIllusion
votes to
No Lynch
in new post 80.
On Tue, Apr 4/10/12 @09:56a,
Haylen
votes to
No Lynch
in new post 93.
On Wed, Apr 4/11/12 @08:38p,
toxictaipan
votes to
No Lynch
in new post 122.
On Thu, Apr 4/12/12 @05:06p,
Oversoul
hammer voted to
No Lynch
in new post 126.
Last edited by mastin2 on Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #130 (isolation #21) » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:41 pm

Post by mastin2 »

<<<
Toxictaipan
now joins in with MagnaofIllusion, as the debate continued on. And soon after,
Oversoul
joins in. Now with a full majority having agreed not to lynch anyone, the TOWN spends the rest of the day walking as far as they can, with minimal conversation.

And incredibly, they travel four times as far as they would normally go in a days' worth of travel, progress which they had not made ever since their guide had died. And in this lack of violence...there was a certain sense of peace to be present. And everyone manages to do their best to smile as they go to rest. Today, nobody would die. But would they end up regretting it? >>>

<<< A No Lynch has been achieved.

Deadline for night is Monday, April 16th, 4/16/12, @8:00 PM PST, which is in (expired on 2012-04-16 19:59:59).

Please send any and all night actions to both me, mastin2, and RedCoyote. >>>
Last edited by mastin2 on Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #131 (isolation #22) » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:33 pm

Post by mastin2 »

"I'm late, I'm late, for an important date!"

<<< So I set the deadline to be in half an hour from now. That's enough time for me to do the essentials, but I simply wouldn't have the time required to write the flavor you've grown used to having, so I'll be a little bit late on opening the thread. Apologies for the inconvenience. >>>
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #132 (isolation #23) » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:07 pm

Post by mastin2 »

I'm afraid I've taxed myself a little too far. Four hours overdue, so I'll go with what I've got. Sorry that I'm not a faster typist.

<<<
It was time for things to come to an end. Everyone knew it was coming. One way, or the other, it was going to come to a conclusion. This could very well be the final showdown. And everyone was prepared for the worse. Who would live? Who would die? And most importantly of all--why?

Spirits had once been high. After the death of mafia-n00b, the TOWN had felt that victory was finally upon them. And yesterday, they had walked out their anger and aggression over the course of the day, calming down, readying themselves to go into their final showdown as cool and collected as they could be under the situation.

...But nobody rested well. Despite the awe-inspiring travels they witnessed while walking, despite their previous victory the day before that...everyone knew it was only temporary. Everyone knew they had to prepare for the worst. It was possible that they would not wake at all, and almost a certainty that one of them would fall.

For while the TOWN was all too eager to take a break, the MAFIA were in no mood to give mercy after the death of one of their own. After all, everything was at stake. The TOWN needed the extra night to gather their thoughts, to get all the information out on the table, and the MAFIA was going to make them pay for their decision. They knew that what they asked for would be what they got. It would be all-in, and what the TOWN needed most was to be stable.

...An impossibility when it is know than one among them would most likely soon die. Everything was soon to come to an end, and someone would have to win. But who would it be? Who would live to be free? Time had run out. And overhead, dark storm clouds brew, giving a torrential downpour to the people below--an ominous sign for things to come. There was little left to do. For all the TOWN had known...one of them was to be done.

Life. Death. What would it be?
Heaven. Hell. It'd happen to somebody.

So close to shattering, yet so close to rallying. If either side were to display any further weakening, it would cost them everything. The remaining members were the strongest to have survived...yet at the same time, they were the weakest in their lives. Nobody could live through this, at least, not as they had wished to.

Though obscured by the black cloak above, the TOWN can sense that day has dawned at last. It was not something to be loved, but they would have to do their best. Everyone would fight their hardest fight. For now, they had the first sign of light. Nobody would give up, as there could be no surrender. They had endured a lot of stuff, and it was sure to be remembered.

The temptation to give up had crossed everyone's mind, especially since the close-encounter with the rockslide. But nobody would give their ground, and everyone wished for one final round. They would move on, for they had formed a great bond, through their hardship, they had acquired a strength that made it all worth it.

One final roll call, to see who--if anyone--had fallen. Today, the TOWN would have to make it count. In order to live, the MAFIA would have to be found. They could assume nothing, yet that didn't stop them from having biases. For only five now remained, and they see that someone has been released from the pain.

No MAFIATE would die during the night. No, instead, it would be a TOWN member who had lost the fight.
>>>

Do you know how many places we've been?
It sure seems like a lot that we've seen.
But today, one of us has now ceased to be.
And unfortunately, that man is toxictaipan.

toxictaipan,
Vanilla Townie
, killed
Night Five

<<<
And now the TOWN would be awake. And everything was at stake. They eyed each other suspiciously, for who could the MAFIA be? The VILAGE had been practically obliterated. More than two thirds of their number were now dead. It would come to an end. The TOWN had gone around its final bend. It was time for everyone to cast their final votes, as the tally had now been reset. They would go, into the unknown, just so that they could get...an end to all ends...
>>>

It is now Day Six. Deadline is Monday, May 7th, 5/7/12, @12:00 AM PST, which is in (expired on 2012-05-06 23:59:59).

With
players alive, it's
votes to lynch.
Last edited by mastin2 on Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:59 am, edited 4 times in total.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #149 (isolation #24) » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:40 am

Post by mastin2 »

A small oversight on my part has been corrected in the opening post for today.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #150 (isolation #25) » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:40 am

Post by mastin2 »

Also, you're due for a votecount.

<<< Immediately, the accusations fly. First comes
MagnaofIllusion
, determined to make
Pine
die. Pine lashes back, desperately noting that Magna had wanted to see him on the rack before the day had even dawned.
Haylen
had come, but refused to latch on, for it was not yet time to be done... >>>

First Votecount of Day Six
:
(Eighth New Votecount,
AKA, the "Mastin really needs to work faster on flavor" votecount
)

Pine (1) - MagnaofIllusion

Not Voting (3) - Haylen, Yuchai, Oversoul.

With
players alive, it's
votes to lynch.

Deadline is on Monday, May 7th, 5/7/12, @ 12:00 AM PST, which is in (expired on 2012-05-06 23:59:59).

Pine - 1 (MagnaofIllusion)

Not Voting - 3 (
Pine
, Haylen,
MagnaofIllusion
, Yuchai, Oversoul)

Haylen:
MagnaofIllusion: Pine
Yuchai:
Oversoul:

On Tue, Apr 4/17/12 @06:35a,
MagnaofIllusion
votes
Pine
in new post 133.
On Tue, Apr 4/17/12 @07:15a,
Pine
votes
MagnaofIllusion
in new post 137.
Last edited by mastin2 on Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:03 am, edited 4 times in total.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #161 (isolation #26) » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:03 am

Post by mastin2 »

And that's a lynch. Standby for lynch scene and flavor.

Second and Final Votecount of Day Six
:
(Ninth New Votecount,
AKA, the "This...will take a while......" votecount
)

Pine (3) - MagnaofIllusion, Haylen, Yuchai

Not Voting (1) - Oversoul.

With
players alive, it's
votes to lynch.

Deadline was on Monday, May 7th, 5/7/12, @ 12:00 AM PST, which was in (expired on 2012-05-06 23:59:59).

Pine - 3 (MagnaofIllusion, Haylen, Pine)

Not Voting - 1 (
Haylen
Yuchai
, Oversoul)

Haylen: Pine
MagnaofIllusion: Pine
Yuchai: Pine
Oversoul:

On Tue, Apr 4/17/12 @06:35a,
MagnaofIllusion
votes
Pine
in new post 133.
On Tue, Apr 4/17/12 @07:15a,
Pine
votes
MagnaofIllusion
in new post 137.
On Tue, Apr 4/17/12 @11:01a,
Haylen
votes
Pine
in new post 158.
On Tue, Apr 4/17/12 @11:02a,
Yuchai
hammer votes
Pine
in new post 159.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #162 (isolation #27) » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:57 am

Post by mastin2 »

<<<
...And it was decided. The fate of everything had been sealed in.
Pine
put up a valiant fight, but he was who everyone now rallied against.

"No...this isn't right!" He cried out. "This...this can't be happening to me!"

But it was. A lot had changed over time, and those that might have once been the leaders were now powerless to do anything but watch in fear, wondering why.

Yet things never really did change, Pine realizes as the crowd moves in. The game had remained exactly the same. The person who spoke the loudest, the person who pushed the hardest, was not the one who would live. No, they almost always were to give in.

Raivann
had.
Lastsurvivor
had.

...And now, there before him, he realized that he had become just like those he had crucified before, that he was just as much of a monster--if not more.

"It was my idea to start lynching people in the first place! You don't seriously believe that I would suggest that if I were one of THEM, do you?!?"

"Unfortunately...yes, we do."

Death had finally caught on to him. "I suppose...this was always meant to have been." He shook his head. "But...it shouldn't be. It couldn't be."

"Yet quite clearly, it is."

Pine tried his best to wrap his head around it. "This..." He has a moment of clarity. While he had previously been unable to remember much of who he had been, the memories now flood him.

He had been there from the beginning. He had been so determined to win. Yet now he had given up, accepted his fate was finished. He was no longer the person he had once been, and now was finally paying the price for his sins.

So many failures lay before them, and Pine cried as he realized that many were because of what he had done. So little had been done right, and now he was about to lose the fight.

So many had died on his account, and now he felt the weight of the dead press down. He shouldn't have felt such guilt, yet he was engulfed now in his personal hell.

He was to join those he had been so eager to have slain. The most ironic fate. The casualties had been high, and now he understood exactly why.

But it was too late to change. Regret could do him no good, but what else was there that he should feel? As far as the TOWN was concerned, he was a done deal.

Victory would not be his. Despite the dead, it would be he who died. This was not how he thought the fight would end. "Should not have been..."

So many sacrifices, so many killed. So many which had felt the ice cold chill. He shook his head, again and again. There was no way he could so accept that he would soon be dead. Would all he had done have been in vain? Was all the work, all the pain, just a waste in the sick game?

He had a mission, yet now it had come to an end. It was something that was worth fighting for, but he couldn't accept it. "...Death I could see, but by the rope...that's not what I thought for......"

It was not going to convince anyone, but Pine wasn't even trying--he was broken and shattered, and a walking deadman. He had to destroy them, he couldn't die!

His resolve might have weakened, but he still was ready to fight! It was kill or be killed, and now it was time...but he did not want to embrace that chill.

"How...how did it happen?" He kept on backing up, flashing through the scenes in his mind. "This was not how it was meant to have been!" The TOWN was in no rush, respecting that he had little time.

"I...figured it out. I had it all down!" He was right. He knew that he had done well in the fight.

MagnaofIllusion
was of course there with a frown. Practically with a shout, he declared "You're not fooling anyone!"

"You're one to talk; I KNOW what you've done." And the walk was to continue, as Pine ripped Magna a new one.

"I've fought through setback after setback. I'm not about to let things go off-track!"

Victory slowly slipped away, piece by piece fading into the distance for Pine. This was not his day. No amount of whining would get him penance.

"I've lived through every trial we've had...been there surviving since the start." Pine's heart had practically stopped, unable to muster any strength. This was beyond bad, and he was about to lose everything he had gained.

"I DON'T WANT TO DIE!!!"

"And yet, here you will lie."

"I started it all..."

"Then it's only suiting you are to fall."

"I'm going to live..."

"Ha. You wish."

"I'm...just a Tourist..."

"Or a MAFIA defeatist."

Pine was trapped. And then he realized that he had been for quite some time, and only now had begun to realize how. This would be his death. "My actions...have always been guided with the best intentions in mind..."

Pine was there at the beginning, where the idea started for lynching. He had been there with Raivann, among those who wanted him gone. He had lived when Amrun had died, having survived throughout all nights. He was there to escort Battousai, and thought he knew why there was no death that night.

He had pushed so strongly on Lastsurvivor, and the TOWN was there, all too happy to deliver. He had mourned at the passing of callforjudgement, but pushed on in memory of his good friend.

He had been among the few to see to it that mafia-n00b had the noose. And as regrettable as his death had been, Pine moved on regardless of Bub Bidderskins.

There he fought to not waste anything, and yet was outvoted, just like he had been. And he had once more lived, and thought that his opponents would give in.

Yet now the tables had turned, and it was him who the TOWN wanted to feel the burn. And so he wept and he cried, realizing that he had run out of time.

Despite all of his rage, he was now about to be caged in. He would not be there to win. He spit out at
MagnaofIllusion
, cursing his name for having won their game. And he was done, with nowhere left to run.

"This can't be happening...I called it out. I practically was shouting it...I know the MAFIA team...I couldn't have lost to them...this just can't be how they win!"

"It's about time you learned to face your death with grace, Pine. We might have been blinded to you before, but now we can see clearly. The antics you've put up will do you no more good. The nonsense will stop. You. Lose."

"Yeah, it's about time this bullshit ended."

"Agreed. The game stops now."

Pine resigns himself to his fate. He was going to die. And in the end...he would be the only one to cry. Not a soul there would feel pity for him. "I...wish this had been more fun."

And he retreats into a shell, facing a final hell. Doming himself in, thoughts of the lost win come flooding him. "Magna, you bastard. You said Yuchai was MAFIA with me, and yet you work with him to see me dead...you really are a scumbag."

"Only in your mind. There is no bait. There has been no trap. You've done this all to yourself. Now go to hell. We're not done yet."

"And you, Yuchai. Speaking of you...what happened to thinking it was Magna?"

"It's far more likely to have been you. Simple as that."

The noose is tightened. "Then get on with it. Linger no further on it. FINISH WHAT YOU STARTED! If you ignore everything that I have told you...if you ignore everything which has been there, if you are unwilling to listen to the proof...then get it over with."

"I intend to,"
Haylen
chips in. "I fully desire to win. It's just that lynching without thinking is exactly the kind of thing you would do, and I'd rather avoid copying you."

"You've done nothing but cause me misery, Haylen. You are an incompetent fool who doesn't realize just what has gone on. Even I know better than to think that what's gone down has no consequences. You've done everything wrong!"

"If you say so."

"Yeah...it's about time the appeals stop, Pine. Bash us all you want, but it's not doing you any good. We know the truth. We know it's you. Your logic has been flawed, and now it's come back to bite. You have lost this fight. Your attempt to make us afraid will not waver our resolve. Not this time."

"You might as well accept death. You might make a fine glass of wine, but you've been bested."
Haylen
sets up the gallows from which Pine was to be swallowed.

"Yeah...it's about time you died. No more stalling for 'who' 'what' or 'why'."
Yuchai
kicks the lump underneath Pine outside of his feet, causing him to dangle and swing.

"You've screwed yourself over, but it's time for you to fall. You've been cut down, and it's time you faced the fate of all, Pine."

...And so, it was over.

All without
Oversoul
, one of Pine's two accused, having had the chance to speak.

Without his aid, Pine had died.

"What the hell?!?" He comes in, clearly not pleased.

"You morons already sealed our fate!"

"Do you not think he was MAFIA, Oversoul?"
Magna
inquires.

"Call it...instinct...if you would like, but I definitely do not think so."

"Actually, he might be right,"
Haylen
adds.

"And now even you who helped me doubt my intentions?"
MagnaofIllusion
quickly begins scouring through Pine's bag, looking for all the evidence which he knew he needed to find.

"Not really."

Oversoul steps in. "And then who do you think it is, Haylen? Me, having not contributed to the death of a man I believe was guilty of no crime?"

"It's Yuchai, of course."

"But there'd still be another MAFIA member, would there not? All signs point to there having been three partners in crime. You've named one. Do you think it was me, or do you think it was Magna? You must think it's one of us, because you've suddenly become convinced like I have that Pine was innocent."

"I know you have a bad history, Oversoul. I do my research well. You keep encrypted notes, too."

MagnaofIllusion shifts his gaze squarely to Oversoul, who slowly moves towards Pine's belongings where Magna was also standing. "I've shared my history with you. You knew that I'd look that bad. I've been quite open about what I've done previously. I've been more open than anyone else, in fact, with regards to my past, and what my life really is like. That's why I was chosen to be a recordskeeper, to replace the previous holder of similar honors. You know this."

"That I do."

Oversoul joins in the search, and when looking through Pine's bag, they find nothing.

"Still going to check for a hidden compartment?"

"It worked for mafia-n00b."

And so the two searched. Haylen and Yuchai joined in, searching for weapons while Magna and Oversoul looked for notes--two with two would ensure no MAFIATE could remove the evidence which would incriminate Pine.

And so they search.

And continue to search.

...But they find nothing.

There was nothing.

Pine was truthful in his claims.

He was just a normal member of the VILAGE. He had been there with them since the start, having lived through hell to get that far. And as with the rest of the TOWN, he simply was pushed over the edge, and had been ensnared by paranoia's net.

A trap now surrounding the final four, staring at each other.

"So...it wasn't Pine."

Oversoul draws a pocket knife, causing MagnaofIllusion to instantly back away. "It is you, after all! Pine was right to suspect you!"

"This is for my defense. I'm not guilty, and I intend to figure out which of you are."

"Oh, I believe you, Oversoul,"
Haylen
remarks.

"Yet you think that Magna was just misled."

Magna, reaching down for a medkit, prepared himself for the carnage to come. "There's no point in hiding it, anymore. Show yourself."

"WHO IS IT?!?!"

"Me."

*BAM*

Magna fell to the ground, a bullet in his gut, clenching his wound desperately. It was not him. It wasn't him. And now, there was one survivor of the TOWN, left in horror to stare down the barrel of their undoing.

The last member of the VILAGE, powerless to do anything to stop it. And while not exactly helpless, there is little chance of survival.

...But
Oversoul
charges at the holder of the gun,
Haylen
, all the same, trying to get in reach with his dagger.

"Oh, been there, done that, seen it before; not going to work."

*BAM*

A single shot to the chest subdues him, leaving him tumbling to the ground, not quite dead, but the life rapidly fading out of him. They had lost.

The TOWN was no more.

The entire VILAGE had fallen.

And standing up above them were
Haylen
and
Yuchai
, grinning. They had won. The game was over.

In the great and almighty MASTIN Valley, they had faced their end, overcome by the MAFIA.

"...Why...we were...just normal people...we were...not going to cause you any harm..."

"Because we can."

"Our plans for this area are none of your concern. Seeing as how you're going to be dead and all that."

"...Still..."

"Because we need to ensure that nobody else comes here again."

"We can use this valley as a haven, to instigate our plans."

"And those we'll just save for another day."

"But...you're a cop..."

"Was that all a lie?"

"No, I'm quite real. It's just that I have greater goals in mind than anything the law could offer me. I'm sorry, but it's time we leave."

And that was it.

(
Why do my games always end with Haylen ruling the world? :P
)
They would never leave...
>>>

Pine,
Vanilla Townie
, lynched
Day Six

MagnaofIllusion,
Town Doctor
, endgamed
Day Six
Oversoul,
Town Miller
, endgamed
Day Six

The mafia team consisting of
Haylen
(
Mafia Sane Cop
),
Yuchai
(
Mafia Goon
) and posthumously
mafia-n00b
(
Mafia Goon
) wins!

"...What."

I'll explain in the post-game notes. :P They'll come soon enough, though, as I really have to leave.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #202 (isolation #28) » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:47 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Sorry to have left you hanging. (No pun intended, in Pine's case. :P) I figured posting the scene (rushed as it was) and opening the topic before I left was better than leaving the game without a conclusion for five or so hours. Now that I'm back, though...

I'll address specific people later. In the mean time...

Roles

Mafia Cop
Mafia Goon x 2

Doctor
Roleblocker
Miller
VT x 7

Distribution:

1. Pine - VT
2. Christmas 26 (Amrun) - VT
3. Zombeh-Pug (callforjudgement) - VT
4. Haylen - Mafia Cop
5. dybeck (MagnaofIllusion) - Town Doctor
6. toxictaipan - VT
7. Lastsurvivor - VT
8. Raivann - VT
9. Yuchai - Mafia Goon
10. dicknose (Oversoul) - Miller
11. Edward White (Battousai) - VT
12. Bub Bidderskins - Town Roleblocker
13. mafia-n00b - Mafia Goon

Role PMs

Spoiler: Mafia
Mafia Goon wrote:Hello, and welcome to Mini 1304: Mastin's Mini Mafia, *
mafia-n00b
*!

You are a
Mafia Goon
! Your buddies are
*Yuchai*
, a
Mafia Goon
such as yourself, and
*Haylen*
, who is a
Mafia Cop
. You may talk here during the night with your fellow mafiates. As a group, you may select one member to carry out a kill against one person of your choosing. (I will accept choices in the Quicktopic that are bolded, but PMs are harder to miss.)

As with all members of the town, you possess your Voice and your Vote, though you use your Instincts and Intuitions for a different win condition...

You are aligned with the
mafia
. You win when your faction comprises of 50% of all living players or nothing can prevent this.

Please confirm in the thread that you've read and understand your role PM. The Game Thread can be found here.

Good luck and have fun!

(Don't ask me why the asterisks weren't removed. It was of course originally *Playername*, *X*, and *Y*.)

Mafia Goon wrote:Hello, and welcome to Mini 1304: Mastin's Mini Mafia, *
Yuchai
*!

You are a
Mafia Goon
! Your buddies are
*mafia-n00b*
, a
Mafia Goon
such as yourself, and
*Haylen*
, who is a
Mafia Cop
. You may talk here during the night with your fellow mafiates. As a group, you may select one member to carry out a kill against one person of your choosing. (I will accept choices in the Quicktopic that are bolded, but PMs are harder to miss.)

As with all members of the town, you possess your Voice and your Vote, though you use your Instincts and Intuitions for a different win condition...

You are aligned with the
mafia
. You win when your faction comprises of 50% of all living players or nothing can prevent this.

Good luck and have fun!

Mafia Cop wrote:Hello, and welcome to Mini 1304: Mastin's Mini Mafia, *
Haylen
*!

You are a
Mafia Sane Cop
! Your buddies are
*Yuchai*
and
*mafia-n00b*
, both
Mafia Goons
. You may talk here during the night with your fellow mafiates. As a group, you may select one member to carry out a kill against one person of your choosing. (I will accept choices in the Quicktopic that are bolded, but PMs are harder to miss.) You are permitted to both kill and investigate during the same night.

You may target one person per night and determine if they are town or scum. Your sanity is guaranteed. And as with all other members of the town, you possess a Voice and a Vote to use as you see fit, guided by Instinct and Intuition.

You are aligned with the
mafia

Good luck and have fun!

Spoiler: Town
Miller wrote:Hello, and welcome to Mini 1304: Mastin's Mini Mafia, *
dicknose
*! (Oversoul)

You are a
Miller
! You will show up as scum to any and all cop investigations. Other than that, you have no special qualities--merely a Voice and a Vote, backed up by your Instincts and Intuition.

You are aligned with the
town
. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and at least one member of the town is still alive.

Good luck and have fun!

Doctor wrote:Hello, and welcome to Mini 1304: Mastin's Mini Mafia, *
dybeck
*! (MagnaofIllusion)

You are a
Doctor
! You may protect one person per night from any and all nightkills other than yourself. Use your Voice and your Vote productively, and may your Instincts/Intuition serve you well!

You are aligned with the
town

Good luck and have fun!

Town Roleblocker wrote:Hello, and welcome to Mini 1304: Mastin's Mini Mafia, *
Bub Bidderskins
*!

You are a
Roleblocker
! You may block one person per night, and any action that they would have taken will be prevented. Use your Voice and your Vote productively, and may your Instincts/Intuition serve you well!

You are aligned with the
town

Good luck and have fun!

The rest were the VT PM on the first page, like this:
Vanilla Townie PM wrote: Hello, and welcome to Mini 1304: Mastin's Mini Mafia, *
Edward White
*! (Amrun, in this case.)

You are a
Vanilla Townie
! Your only weapons are your Instinct, Intuition, Voice, and your Vote.

You are aligned with the
town

Good luck and have fun!
Note that all replacements had the silly asterisks removed when I sent them their replacement PMs.

Mafia QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/47/H/ff3tMXPjBmS
Dead QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/47/H/ZNF84x5pGXHg
Mod QT to come in my next post. Standby for post-game notes.

Actions

Includes some commentary written at the time.

Spoiler: night 1
Bub Bidderskins--Roleblock: Edward White.
dybeck--Protect: Bub Bidderskins.
(Smart guy.)

Haylen--Investigate: toxictaipan.
mafia-n00b--Kill: Amrun.

Spoiler: night 2
Bub Bidderskins--Roleblock: mafia-n00b.
dybeck--Protect: Haylen.
mafia-n00b--Kill: Pine. (Will not succeed, due to Roleblock.)
Haylen--Investigate: Zombeh-Pug.
(Note, it was a moderator oversight to have not realized Zombeh-Pug and callforjudgement were one and the same. :oops: )

Spoiler: night 3
dybeck--Protect: Haylen. Again.
Oversoul--Curse: At the lynch going through. (:P)
Haylen--Kill: toxictaipan (proxy; Haylen can override)

Yuchai--Kill: callforjudgement.
Bub Bidderskins--Roleblock: mafia-n00b.
Haylen--Investigate: Oversoul.

Spoiler: night 4
Bub Bidderskins--No Action. (I...really don't understand why. What harm could come from roleblocking? Okay, so he could roleblock MoI, and from his perspective, roleblocking Haylen would be bad, but anyone else would be only beneficial for the town.)
MagnaofIllusion--Protect: Haylen.
Haylen--Investigate: Yuchai.
Haylen--Kill: Bub Bidderskins.

Spoiler: night 5
MagnaofIllusion--Protect: Haylen. (He sent in a lot of logic, and I'll do my best to incorporate it into the flavor.)
Haylen--Investigate: MagnaofIllusion.
Mafia Faction, via Haylen--Kill: toxictaipan.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #203 (isolation #29) » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:01 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Post-Game Notes

The Setup
:

Now that you can see all the roles, I think you can get a good idea of what my intention was--all the way back during December (or was it July/August? I was on vacation at the time) when the limit on Minis was still 12 players, and Yosarian2 was fiercely debating about how cops in a Normal should be allowed to be alignments other than Sane.

That got me thinking, and eventually, I decided to play around with the idea of typical role interactions--Cop, Doctor, and Roleblocker are all typical roles in a game, and people expect for the roleblocker to be the scum in the group. What if it were a different role, though?

In this case, it was the Cop. The setup more or less revolved around the role of a Mafia Sane Cop, with all the other roles related to it. (Originally, there was a vig, to give credence to a Serial Killer angle, but it was dropped. A Double-Voter was also present when I hit the review group, as my previous reviewer thought it was too scum-sided without an additional town PR.)

The end result was the setup we ended up with--and while a little bit swingy, it was technically balanced, with both factions standing a fair chance of winning even during the last days. I'm not entirely sure the game was approved for balance (you'd have to ask my reviewers--asking LlamaFluff would probably be the best bet), but more or less, it was said there (and I fully agreed with it) that the odds for the game outcome were something like this:
5 crushing scum wins
9 scum wins
11 close scum wins
11 close town wins
9 town wins
5 crushing town wins

...Whereas if it were ideally balanced, it'd be this:
1 crushing scum win
9 scum wins
15 close scum wins
15 close town wins
9 town wins
1 crushing town win

...And I feel the results of the game reflected this--both factions ended up with a fair chance to win, with neither side gaining a huge advantage even in the end. The review perfectly was reflected in the game, where the scum used their role perfectly, yet despite that, the town PRs were played in such a masterful way that they were in an excellent position to decimate the scum, having eluded detection for most of the game and done loads of damage.

Swingy, but balanced overall, with neither faction having the edge.

Another thing which I liked about the idea in the setup (though it was completely unintentional) was the fact that the typical mechanics of the sides were inverted: in a normal game, the mafia tend to dominate the night play, where they have the advantage; the town tends to dominate the day play, where
they
have the advantage. That's the way the game was meant to work.

...But during
this
game, it was the other way around--the scum held the advantage during the day, but during the night, they were DANGEROUSLY close to losing the game multiple times due to the roles, which hindered them. It was neat, and I like the mechanic involved. (Though I have no intention to replicate it in the near-future. :P)

All-in-all, it turned out pretty much the way I wanted it to, with things being capable of going either way even to the end.

My Moderating
:

Of course, I do have to apologize for the rather embarrassing start to the game. That is, with Zito having been the one who actually started the topic and all that. :P V/LA was a killer for me, and during times, my modding was suffering due to circumstances completely out of my control. (Though sometimes, it was more due to differing timezones, with the playerlist active at times I was preoccupied and me having a ton of time free when nobody was posting in my game. There's really not much I can do to change that. :P)

I did my best despite the circumstances, and I'd like to think that I had a rather strong votecount format overall, and posted more or less whenever it was needed.

I multiple times was late on starting/ending the days, despite having set deadlines which were built around my schedule, and was quite...lax...in handing out prods at multiple times, with the largest delay of course being the start of the game (in which I didn't even have the archive ready, a further inconvenience to the players), so all of that I should apologize for.

I still feel like that I coulda done better, partially due to, well, the lack of flavor; I got lynch scenes fine, but I never got the chance to make the coherent story I was aiming for, with flavor at every votecount and every mod announcement.

And once the 500 server came up, I feared writing flavor too long for the posts to handle, sacrificing my strongest point in modding (writing flavor) in favor of...anticlimatic scenes.

All in all, I'd like to think I did a decent job modding, but I'm a bit disappointed in myself for not having put in the 125% effort I was hoping to do.

Flavor
:
Already partially covered in the above sections, I'd still like to ask people what they thought of the flavor when I could actually get some up. I didn't get the coherent story that I originally had hoped for, but I still put a lot of work into the flavor I wrote, especially near the end, where I greatly increased the length of the PMs I sent everyone. (Including the customized death PMs, which apparently a lot of people like--they're the only thing I did well when modding off-site. :P) But I'd still like to ask everyone what they thought overall of the flavor.

Play In General
:

In general, I don't really think the town played
badly
this game, but they didn't exactly play well. I gave you guys almost three-week deadlines, and only during one of the gamedays did that time even approach close to being used up; most of the days ended in less than two weeks.

So I suppose in general, you could say the town rushed, jumping to conclusions a little...hastily...whereas had they thought things through, a more logical approach would have shed light on things.

I'd also like to say that--while their performance wasn't absolutely perfect--the mafia definitely played a far stronger game overall. Their interactions and their usage of their role were both brilliant, and gave them an instant edge on the town. They also had a decent understanding of what the setup was like: they might not have known the who, but they had a fairly strong idea of what kind of roles would be present in the game, allowing themselves to tailor their actions accordingly.

As the below sections illustrate, I also feel that the level of devotion to my game was overall disappointingly low, even before the crash--that level of apathy gave the scum already in the lead an increasingly large edge over the town, until the less apathetic players stepped up.

Players
:

I've noted a trend for a lot of mods to be...less than gracious...when dealing with their constructive criticism, so I will try to avoid too many unkind words when addressing the eighteen or so players who were a part of the game. But needless to say, some players were stronger than others.

Christmas26:
Apologies that you were replaced; I saw you posting after the game had started, so I hope you continue to play.

Zombeh:
If you ever come back and read this, and become active on-site again...You're actually a fairly strong player, when you're actively posting. My memory's a little bit hazy, but I seem to recall that you were onto the trail of at least one or two of our mafia team, and had you continued to post, and if you became active in games, I think you'd be an awesome person to play with. Basically, posting more often with more content, and avoiding site-flakes like you did here, and you'd be good to go.

dicknose:
I continue to believe that--while others might not particularly like you--that you have the makings of an incredibly strong player, and I was saddened that I needed to have you replaced.

dybeck:
Don't play power roles as if you were scum. :P You were among their PR suspects, so the strategy to lay low didn't work as well for you as it did for Bub. It also made you look incredibly suspicious in the eyes of the town--and while that secured that you would not be nightkilled (allowing you to continue to use your protection), it also opened up the risk of you being lynched, a risk which your successor MoI paid the price for.

Your idea was good, and it kinda worked--your slot lived to the endgame, where it was made gamebreakingly powerful. Most towns don't have a doctor past days 2 or 3, yet alone, 5. It's just that MoI really suffered for it in the long-run.

Edward White:
The only advice I can really give you is to lurk less, and to do your best to contribute more. You really hurt Battousai's slot, creating a lot of doubt on him which he could not escape from.

Raivann:
Your play kinda reminded me of my play when I was younger in the game, so to speak, in my 20s or 30s with regards to how many games I'd played. While it's nothing that I, personally, would have an issue with as a player (it takes one to appreciate one), let's just say I tended to get lynched a lot, despite my tendency to bring up valid points. I was too chaotic. Try getting a little more organized, and you'll instantly find people will find you less scummy.

Amrun:
You did good while you were here; it was a shame to see you die so quickly in the game. :( I'm not really sure I can give much advice to you; given how short your time with us was, there really isn't much to say beyond that.

Battousai:
Sorry that you replaced into a bad slot which you couldn't recover from. Your posts were full of strong logic, and you were a voice of reason in the town. I feel your largest mistake was your willingness to sacrifice yourself--while quite noble (and a huge towntell), the town was a little too eager to take you up on your offer, and the scum were allowed to take advantage of it.

Lastsurvivor:
I'm afraid from memory, I can't really offer you much advice. I think you were maybe a little bit too impulsive (similar to Raivann), and as noted in your lynch scene, you ironically ended up in much the same position as the people you had pushed strongly to lynch. I wish I could give you better advice.

callforjudgement:
You fared better than Battousai did--you turned what once was a fairly scummy slot into virtually confirmed town with your play, and I think it served you well. You were a strong player, so I'm not sure there's much advice I can give to you.

mafia-n00b:
For a newb, you did spectacularly. You made a lot of enemies (which sped up the process which ended up causing your demise), and in general were seen as quite suspicious. You should basically focus on improving your day play--but that said, you did things excellently in the night play, using the quicktopic as much as you could, exploiting the setup as much as you could. Your questions to me showed that you quite clearly had a plan, and you used the experience of your scumbuddies giving their insight to solidify it.

And after that, despite being the scummier of the two cops, you still managed to squeeze by for two days (and might have even gotten another had it not been for Bub Bidderskins' roleblock of you), when you should have been lynched day two. That was impressive. And when it came time to lynch one of the cops, you made sure (despite how people were beginning to suspect Haylen) that it would be you that'd be lynched, rather than her.

Bub Bidderskins:
You played perfectly. You instantly locked onto mafia-n00b's weakness, and managed to stop the scum's kill, which ensured that the town got an extra day or two, which greatly increased their odds of winning. Beyond that, you even managed to elude their PR senses better than dybeck/MoI did, as to my knowledge, you weren't among their strong PR reads. Laying low for as long as you did, without once being brought up as a nightkill choice, made you able to survive long enough to do what you needed to do--and it was because of your efforts that the town got their first scum lynch. There's not much you could have done better, though I still don't understand your choice to not roleblock someone the night you died.

toxictaipan:
Lurk less. :P That's a common factor in many of the players, in that had they been more active and been posting content, a lot of the suspicion on them wouldn't have existed. You were multiple times brought up as a candidate for scum due to an overall weaker presence, in my opinion, causing you to be suspected not so much for what you were saying, but rather, for how little you had been able to say.

You were still brought up as a kill candidate, and did eventually get nightkilled, but none of the times it was brought up was it because the scum thought you were a pro-town player--you kinda were, but again, you need more of a presence in a game.

Yuchai:
I realize that it worked out for you quite well due to your alignment, but you were among the lurkers--it was strategic in your case, and it did get you pretty much a free pass to the endgame, but if you were to display that same attitude as town, quite frankly, you'd probably have died a lot sooner. You really should be more active in games overall. That said, since it worked out fairly well, I can't really give you much criticism.

Haylen:
As with Yuchai, your inactivity in this game could have been partially strategic, so I can't really say you should have done it less. And of course, real life probably did legitimately interfere, but had you been town this game, you would have been a lot weaker than I know you're capable of.

That said, you did use your role pretty much perfectly: as commented in the graveyard, you made 'dumb decisions' on your cop play, and while at one point it almost backfired (Day Four), for the most part, your less-than-ideal cop choices kept there from being too many confirmed town like you had been worried about, which played greatly to your favor, so you did quite well in that regard.

Oversoul:
More than any other player, your apathy in the game was the most costly, as you yourself noted. You let townreads of yours get lynched with almost zero fight on your part, and most of the game you just kept on coasting by, never having truly gotten into the groove.

This also cost you severely, as people began to suspect that the claimed miller was in fact actually a goon, which the scum used quite well to their advantage--instead of being confirmed town (their worst enemy when it came to POE), you filled the gaps in players' scumteams. I feel that had you given this game your all from the start, that the scum might have viewed you as confirmed town (the last thing they needed around during endgame), or even better, the town (who would therefore cast some suspicion on the other 'confirmed town' around).

Pine:
I'm, uh...not sure what to say. You certainly weren't apathetic, I'll give you that. If anything, you might have had the opposite problem, getting a little...
too
invested in the game. Including with your reads, as you were, uh...a little bit too fond of them, to say the least. In fact, your play was much like that of Lastsurvivor and maybe Raivann (going from memory on those two), in that it was overly aggressive and assertive--it kept you from being lynched, and--heck--even earned you a nightkill (which failed) from the scum, so in that way, it was good, that you were a threat to them due to your style.

...But there's a reason that after the failed nightkill, they never tried again. And as a hint, it wasn't because they thought you were protected. :P This was particularly bad on day five--there was zero pro-town reason not to no-lynch with a claimed doctor, as the results from the night helped prove, but your stubbornness kept you from realizing that.

MagnaofIllusion:
First off, I'd like to apologize. When you offered to cross-replace, you thought you were giving me the short-end of the stick. As it turns out, we pretty much equally screwed each other over. :P You replaced into a heavily-suspected slot, as a PR, with no access to the previous thread, in a setup which you didn't quite understand. That was a tough situation to be in, but all things said, I think you did a fairly good job when doing so. You came up with a fairly good strategy which the scum were quite worried about, as it risked outing them if they took the wrong action during the night.

It's just that you and Pine are...shall we say...Not So Different; your conflicting-yet-similar styles and approach to the game made it harder on both of you than it had to have been.

Modding Notes Critique
:
It's my first time having actually done real mod notes, so I hope you like what you see; many mods don't have strong post-game notes, and I'm hoping to not be among their ranks; what do you think overall?

Final Wrap
:
I probably won't be moderating for some time in the future, for better or for worse. Every game I've gotten thought up (unless I could make the EpicMafia game normal :P) with one or two (Large instead of Mini :P) exceptions would be a Mini Theme. Not a bad place for me, since I love to write flavor, but in general, games are a LOT of stress on me (due to how much effort I put in), and besides. I've only got three setups finalized. Two of them are mean-mod games (meaning I shouldn't run them until I'm a more veteran moderator, to not only make sure I have the experience to handle them but also to ensure I don't get a reputation as a mean mod :P), and the third's based off of my book which hasn't even been finished, yet, so can't exactly run that. I hope I wasn't a disappointment and if I WERE to run another game some time in the future, the people here would be more than willing to play in it.

Anyway, you can find my modding QT here, where much of the above can be found throughout the QT.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #204 (isolation #30) » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:27 pm

Post by mastin2 »

MoI wrote:When the Night didn't immediately get put up I was afraid this was happening ...
I *was* a little short on time, so I didn't exactly have as much time as I'd have liked to have written flavor. Had the game continued to night, it's very possible I mighta taken just as much time.

Haylen wrote: I was worried there was a tracker lurking around, possibly Oversoul being an SK/Survivor Tracker pulling a no kill gambit until the end.
Always an SK-suspect, eh, Oversoul? :P More seriously, had the setup gone through as originally intended, there would have been a vig thrown in specifically to LOOK like a Serial Killer. Had the Mafia Sane Cop died, then, the town would have INSTANTLY thought their 'vig' was a serial killer. In the end, though, it wasn't part of the core setup, so was dropped.

Oversoul wrote:What the hell is a Sane Cop for?
More or less explained in the notes--to mess with the classic "Doctor, Cop, Roleblocker" combo, and had there been a vig, to make the town doubt said vig's credibility.

Good play though. Definitely deserve the win.
This was more or less my thought--I felt the scum earned their win pretty handily, with all the members playing their part.
No one would have gone with [lynching Yuchai].
Well, the scum couldn't (Haylen couldn't without revealing she lied about Yuchai's alignment, Yuchai wouldn't), but MoI woulda. Granted, you probably never would've gotten Pine, as he'd see you two voting Yuchai as all the confirmation he needed that you two were the scumteam. :P

Haylen wrote:Glad nobody read too much into that.
I know I as a moderator already knew, but even as a player, I think I woulda seen that and instantly realized what was going on. It seemed painfully obvious to me, at least. :P

Pine wrote:"Maybe BOTH MN and Haylen are scum".
Thoughts like this were ones which I were hoping you'd have--especially after the should-have-been-dead Yuchai lived in lylo, and Haylen had investigated every player except for one. POE was a killer for the scum, in that at any time, they could have risked confirming too many players as town. And if Yuchai (the weakest surviving link in the scumteam) were to be lynched, Haylen would take the fall with him. And you have to give the scum credit--the double-cop-claim was incredibly risky (as what would happen if there was another cop?), and well-played overall. I figured something like that *could* happen, but I knew that it could go horribly wrong--if the fake cop lived and the real Mafia Sane Cop were lynched, the fake cop would be under heavy suspicion, as "Mafia Sane Cop" to me would SCREAM "No real cop". :P Plus, the move would end up costing the scum one of their players guaranteed, and the surviving cop would therefore have to fight through POE--and said POE was made worse by the fact that the town had two roles to stop kills, prolonging the game.

It was incredibly risky, and it paid off. (Side-note--the setup reviewers DID mention the possibility of having all 3 as Mafia Goons, but being given inside information of, "You know there is no cop in the game". I was against the idea, and I think that had that happened, they would have actually had a far easier time winning than they did.)
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #205 (isolation #31) » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:28 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 201, Haylen wrote:Oh my god, I can't believe it's over. :(
I know the feeling. :P

It does feel like a heavy burden has been lifted off of my chest, though.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #219 (isolation #32) » Thu May 10, 2012 7:53 am

Post by mastin2 »

We already did. :P

Best Performance Scum Group, AND Most Cunning Manipulation (Haylen). Both have gotten N'thed as both apply equally to the game. ;)
My academy.
Agnigi

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”