discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (isolation #0) » Fri Dec 12, 2003 10:18 pm

Post by discer »

Werebear wrote:
It is night 1. Mafia's choice due by Saturday at noon EST.
Did I miss some pre-game talk about this games set up? Werebear's comment indicates that the only night choices in this game are that of the mafia's. Also, there's the deaths of all those cops and docs. What gives?

No reason to vote for anyone yet but I agree with Tigris,
FOS: Leonardo007
"What I really need is a droid who understands the binary language of moisture vaporators."
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (isolation #1) » Sat Dec 13, 2003 12:31 pm

Post by discer »

LOL @ Tigris.......

[shrugs] Anyway, your right about me not paying attention. Until very recently I had been in Mole's Pokemafia and Corsato's Mafia 13 and with my mini game coming up I had NO intention of signing up for anything. Then I got killed in both of those games (conspiracy? :x ) and noticed there were 2 spots left in Werebear's game. Yes, I signed up without checking anything out but at least I'm paying attention to the thread.[/shrugs]

I believe eveyone but Yanqush has posted thus far. Yanqush?
"What I really need is a droid who understands the binary language of moisture vaporators."
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (isolation #2) » Sat Dec 13, 2003 10:53 pm

Post by discer »

Impatient players such as Dasquian and Mr_Gnome_It_All are precisely why I called on but did not vote Yanqush. People, there are no cops and no docs in this game! We have GOT to be patient. [shrugs] OK, I'll stop ranting now. [/shrugs]
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (isolation #3) » Sun Dec 14, 2003 3:51 pm

Post by discer »

For some reason I thought Yanqush was female. Werebear, have you poked him/her yet?
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (isolation #4) » Tue Dec 16, 2003 10:12 pm

Post by discer »

I have had success finding scum on day one due to subtle over-agressiveness on behalf of the scum. Mr_Gnome_It_All doesn't seem very subtle agressive, just stupid agressive. Maybe it's just me but I'm on the fence at the moment.
FOS: Mr_Gnome_It_All
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (isolation #5) » Fri Dec 19, 2003 9:55 pm

Post by discer »

Looks like I get the first post. OK.......

Dasquian was killed by the mafia. Dasquian posted a late vote for Leonardo007 who was vote hoping much like Mr_Gnome_It_All who was innocent. I haven't played with Leo or seen him play so I'm guessing he was making the same mistake MGIA made.

I have further assumptions but I'll save those until I hear opinions other than mine.

At Tigris: You got fairly quiet toward the end of day one. Why?
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (isolation #6) » Sat Dec 20, 2003 12:25 pm

Post by discer »

I hope people aren't planning on being too quiet. Since we have no cops or any investigative types, this is one game I WILL consider lynching quiet/lurking players. I'd imagine a mafia could make it to the end game by doing very little in this part of the game.

For now tho......... Maybe I took JereIC's comment about bandwagoning me too lightly? At the time I thought it was just a poke.
FOS: JereIC
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (isolation #7) » Sun Dec 21, 2003 12:06 pm

Post by discer »

If two of the hoppers, it's not that large of a leap to assume the third was as well.
Coolbot, the language used in tha statement makes it a little confusing. Mind clearing it up for me?
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (isolation #8) » Sun Dec 21, 2003 11:37 pm

Post by discer »

What the heck, I'll one-up and list basic reasons as well. My list is........

JereIC (casual comment about bandwagoning me)
Leonardo007 (vote hoping)
Yanqush (lurking)
Mojo (3rd vote on MGIA)
Tigris (lurking)

Do I get a prize for having the biggest list?
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (isolation #9) » Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:25 pm

Post by discer »

Yanqush wrote:
Question to Coolbot... how does lynching Dasquian effectively protect leo? also, is this thrid hopper mojo or did i miss something
Yeah, I'm still confused about the third hopper myself.

Also, I agree with Yanqush in that the death of Dasquian could be a frame job by the mafia.
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (isolation #10) » Thu Dec 25, 2003 4:03 pm

Post by discer »

Are you saying your going to set a deadline tomorrow afternoon or that the deadline IS tomorrow afternoon?
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (isolation #11) » Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:52 pm

Post by discer »

Looking back (@ Coolbot) I guess Dasquian did do a bit of hopping and after reading JereIC's last post three times (and looking back) it makes sense now. Either you two need to be more clear or I'll have to stop drinking after work. I do have a stressful job tho........

OK, so along the lines of Tigris, either the scum will slip up and give us our lynch or we need a system since we don't have cops. JereIC started a pseudo system, do we want to go with that for now? I'm hesitant to say yes since I'm suspicious of so many players. Heck, even tho JereIC came up with that system I'm more suspicious of him cause... it's his system.

Damn the Mod! I need to fine tune my nose.
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (isolation #12) » Mon Dec 29, 2003 1:06 pm

Post by discer »

Yeah Werebear, can we get an extension. I'd be expecting the days to take a while what with there being no cops and all.
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (isolation #13) » Mon Dec 29, 2003 8:05 pm

Post by discer »

I ran over three squirels and four cats today. Does that count for anything? Extension??

This is my last op to post b4 the deadline so.......

Leo and Mojo seem to be leading the "most suspisious" poles but I can't bring myself to vote for either of them at this point. Leo did some vote hopping but nobody has given any info stating this was out of character for Leo. Mojo cast the third vote but really, I don't care about that just yet. JereIC is the next most popular candidate. He did comment about bandwaggoning me but would an experienced mafia slip up like that?

That leaves Coolbot, Prizm, PrettyPrinces, Yanqush and Tigris.

Tigris seems the most earnest about getting the town to think so she's out for me at this point. Yanqush at least inquired about JereIC's posts. So it's down to Coolbot, Prizm, and PP.

vote: Coolbot
He's the most likely to have me fooled of those three.
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (isolation #14) » Mon Dec 29, 2003 8:13 pm

Post by discer »

Sheesh. I misread our mods last post. :oops:
unvote: Coolbot

I'd like to hear more REASONS for suspisions rather than just listing players. Also, I wouldn't mind hearing about flaws in the logic I've posted thus far. Let's get eachother thinking!
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (isolation #15) » Wed Dec 31, 2003 9:03 pm

Post by discer »

Tigris wrote:
however, a mafia game is decided by picking up on clues and thus if people aren't actually saying anything, it essentially makes it impossible to figure out where they stand.
Agreed, this is why I stated earlier that I would actually lynch a silent/lurking player in this game. Normally I'm very hesitant to do so. Maybe I'll learn something about my patterns in this game.

Prizm wrote:
1. We can get very little information as long as we don't lynch anyone
I do not agree. I think we can get quite a bit of information during the days. A lot of stuff getting posted now, provided that the mafia post, should be very helpful later on.
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (isolation #16) » Sat Jan 03, 2004 8:16 pm

Post by discer »

I must say that Prizm and PrettyPrinces are moving up on my list. I read back thru the thread and everything they've said either lacks substance or I just disagree with. Much like Tigris tho, these are both gut feelings. This game is going to be a challenge.
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (isolation #17) » Wed Jan 07, 2004 8:37 pm

Post by discer »

Holding off on a vote until notsoPrettyPrincess has been replaced. Agrees with JereIC in the meantime.
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (isolation #18) » Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:26 pm

Post by discer »

vote: PrettyPrinces
See PP's last post reasons not already stated.
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (isolation #19) » Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:29 pm

Post by discer »

My last post should read: See PP's last post
for
reasons not already stated.
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (isolation #20) » Mon Jan 12, 2004 1:37 pm

Post by discer »

I'll re-re-read the thread later tonight to see if JereIC is really on to something with Mojo but despite being wrong about PP, Prizm is still high on my list.

Mathcam: I agree that vote analysis can be useful but your format needs some work. Maybe a chronilogical final vote count to cross reference with vote/unvote patterns? I might be able to do that tonight too IF I get home from the bar in a soberish state. Welcome back by the way, do try and keep yourself out of the dead-body-burny-thingy.
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (isolation #21) » Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:39 pm

Post by discer »

I'm back from the bar now and not in a soberish state so PLEASE correct me if I'm mistaken. I'm going to leave the vote analysis for later but I did go though Mojo's posts. Here's my summary.

1: random vote for Yanqush
2: unvote Yanqush after others voted for Yanqush
3: voted MGIA for wagon hopping
4: pointed out that I didn't vote for MGIA
5: stated suspicion of Leo but unsure since MGIA was innocent, also pointed at JereIC for lurking
6: restated suspicions in #5 after JereIC's "list" post
7: somewhat defensive reply to Yanqush's "voice recorder" post against him (Mojo)
8: pointing at Leo for hopping day one even tho he (Mojo) was most frequent on other players lists
9: pointing at myself (discer) and JereIC
10: voting for PP

My first thoughts are that Mojo has done his share of finger pointing but he did unvote Yanqush after his random vote turned into a shortlived bandwagon. I'm too tired to decide what this means right now.

Tigris wrote:
I'm beginning to think that discer would be able to fly under my radar no matter which side he was on, just a side note really as I don't think he is scum in this game.
I know how you feel. We've agreed on too much in this game and that scares me. Lacking cops I'm going with my gut in this game but I've already been wrong once.
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (isolation #22) » Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:35 pm

Post by discer »

Mathcam wrote:
Chronological final vote count? I'm not sure what you mean

Sorry. Final vote count in order of who voted first to last. Much like what I did in Corsato's game.

I'll go do that part now and leave the vote/unvote part up to you.
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (isolation #23) » Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:03 pm

Post by discer »

Here are the day 1 and day 2 final vote counts. These are in order of first voter to last voter BUT do not account for unvotes or unvote/revotes (those who unvoted player A then revoted player A), I'll leave that to Mathcam as it the more difficult of tasks. I hope I'm making sense.

DAY 1

MGIA (6): PrettyPrincess, JereIC, Mojo, MGIA, CoolBot, Prizm
Leonardo 007: Dasquian

DAY 2

PrettyPrincess (5): Tigris, CoolBot, Mojo, discer, Leonardo 007
Tigris: PrettyPrincess

Cam: Once you've done your part (teeheehee), just cut and past what I did so it's all in the same post.

Prizm: As I've stated, it's not just the lack of content (as you seem to call "quiet") in your posts, but also that I don't agree with what you've said. For example: That crap about us not gaining info during the day. That's not a direct quote but it's close enough.
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (isolation #24) » Wed Jan 14, 2004 2:53 pm

Post by discer »

Leo wrote:
For some reason he
(Mojo)
doesn't seem in fond of me.
The more I think about it that's a good point. Most of us seem to have accepted that Leo made a newbie mistake and have let go but not Mojo. Mojo's moved up for me and joined Prizm a the top of my list. Perhaps I'll put Mojo a bit over Prizm since there is more tangible evidence against him.

FOS: Mojo
since a third vote makes it easy for mafia if I'm wrong about Mojo.
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (isolation #25) » Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:33 pm

Post by discer »

mathcam wrote:
Well, I came in to the day most suspicious of JereIC, and now I still feel that 2 out of JereIC, Mojo, and Prizm are the scum. The question for me now is whether Mojo's pushing of the Leo lynch outweighs my previous suspicion on JereIC.
Mojo's pushing is what moved him up on my list. What eats at me about JereIC is:

1: Making suspect lists was his idea which "could" be seen as a way to know who to attack. A clever tactic if your mafia in my opinion.

2: His day one comment about bandwaggoning me for not knowing the format of the game. It sort of reminds me of a game I played with CubanSmoker where he random voted me then revoted me on day one. I went after him for it and got lucky. He was mafia.

As I've stated about Prizm, his posts, in my opinion, have been useless or wrong.
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (isolation #26) » Sat Jan 17, 2004 10:35 pm

Post by discer »

JereIC wrote:
I think the lists are going to help if we ever lynch a mafioso (look at his list, see what he was thinking), my vote history is not suspect,
Unless of course your mafia and devised a plan to counter the "list" and then suggested the "list".

Prizm wrote:
Useless or wrong, am I? Well, ok. But to be fair, I also haven't gotten any insights from the voting records/night killings, but to avoid being lynched as a lurker I had to say something.
How about....... instead of being lynched as a lurker posting your best quess or something to get people thinking. I'd rather play with newbies that try to catch mafia than experienced players who are too afraid to say what they think. As Tigris implied earlier, odds are that the newbie will point something out that all the "experienced" players overlooked.
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (isolation #27) » Mon Jan 19, 2004 3:13 pm

Post by discer »

Mathcam, my suspicions are still on Mojo, Prizm and JereIC. I just didn't have anything new to say about Mojo in my last post.

I think it's a solid bet that one of those three is mafia and maybe even two of the three. I keep swaying between the three and so I am hesitant to make my choice as this is an important one. If we lynch incorrectly we'll wake up tomorrow with 3 town and 2 mafia.

I feel like I'm stuck on reading between the lines and am missing something. I'd like to hear from Tigris and Leo.......
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (isolation #28) » Tue Jan 20, 2004 10:18 pm

Post by discer »

Perhaps my drinking binge has gotten the bitter of me. (No pun intended.... wink, wink.) I guess I'll try to go to sleep now.
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (isolation #29) » Sat Jan 24, 2004 10:37 pm

Post by discer »

Leo wrote (of his death):
Well, I must say it was quite expected.
I hate to quote the dead who shouldn't be speaking at all but...... I tend to agree. Either Prizm is the final mafia or an experienced player is. By not killing an experienced player we, the remaining experienced players may become more suspicious of one another. It's worked on me, Prizm moves down a few suspicion points and everyone else moves up.

Prizm wrote (direceted at Cam):
Which brings me to my suspicions about you: why are you still alive? Obviously whoever was mafia thought you were a threat the first time, or they wouldn't have killed you night 1. So why didn't they kill you last night?
My god! Prizm posted something worth thinking about! Hurray Prizm! It's enough to move Cam up a few points for me but I'm not sure if Prizm should move up or down in suspicion points. Could be Prizm is feeling alone and decided to take a risk in making a direct attack. Hard to tell with no useful referance regarding meaty posts by Prizm. Due to my paranoia, I will move Prizm up.

Mojo wrote:
I'm not going to vote for myself, if Prizm or Discer really believe I'm mafia they'll have to do it
With JereIC, Leo and Cam already voting for Mojo, that leaves Prizm, Tigris and myself. Prizm cast the final vote but that could just be a, "see, I'm not mafia vote". Tigris however never attacked nor defended Mojo. Tigirs moves up a few points.

JereIC wrote:
Ok, so after y'all lynch me, you will go after Mojo next, right?
If one is thinking JereIC is scum, that statement reads: "If you lynch me, don't go after my partner cause I'm attacking him." JereIC moves up.

I'm gonna go ahead and tally points now before I have to take off my other shoe and sock.

I am most suspicious of JereIC with Prizm just a few points behind. Mathcam and Tigris bringing up the (distant) rear.
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (isolation #30) » Sun Jan 25, 2004 9:50 pm

Post by discer »

Tee off? How do you tee someone? :lol:
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (isolation #31) » Mon Jan 26, 2004 12:27 pm

Post by discer »

Cam, Prizm did vote for Mojo. It was the final vote as I pointed out above. Am I misreading your last post? JereIC & Prizm are very close in my book and tho we have two days I wouldn't mind getting this right today.

Tigris, I'm still pretty darn sure that your innocent but you getting more quiet as the game wears on is a bit curious.
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (isolation #32) » Mon Jan 26, 2004 3:25 pm

Post by discer »

Cam wrote:
By the time Prizm voted, it was almost inevitable that Mojo would be the day's target. Perhaps he thought he could buy himself some brownie points by finishing off Mojo.
True enough. I believe I had revealed my intent but wanted to hear from Tigris and Leo b4 tacking on the final vote.

I'd still like to hear Tigris' perspective b4 adding my vote to Cams.
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (isolation #33) » Tue Jan 27, 2004 10:34 pm

Post by discer »

Tho I was prepared to cast my vote on Prizm I keep getting this nagging feeling like I'm being led down the stray path. If I listen to this nagging feeling I must put JereIC back at the top of my list simply because he, as an experienced player, is more capable of leading me in such a way. That said, if Prizm IS the final mafia, kudos to Prizm. At this point I'm hoping for more discussion and a mafia slip up.

My thanx to Werebear in advance, I don't remember questioning myself more in a game here.
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (isolation #34) » Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:17 pm

Post by discer »

Cam: In your last post you are contradicting yourself. Please explain.

Tigris: While I understand circumstances making it difficult to stay in tune with a game, I don't understand why you have enough time to tell us that repeatedly but not enough time to make small contributions. Or am I wrong to think that one doesn't have to be at a computer to be thinking about the game. shrugs

The way JereIC voted then unvoted Prizm makes me think he was hoping somone would bite and cast the final vote then "innocently" backed out when no one did. My gut is telling me to
vote: JereIC
. I hope it's not all those oysters I ate.
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (isolation #35) » Fri Jan 30, 2004 10:31 pm

Post by discer »

Cam: I'll downsize that to "you may have contradicted yourself" to be fair. I don't remember what I was thinking last night so I'll have to go back and check up on myself.

Hold on a second......... I believe I said that cause originally you attacked Prizm for that post and then said quite the opposite.

I'm tired.
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (isolation #36) » Sat Jan 31, 2004 9:54 pm

Post by discer »

Oh yes...... the ever glorious weekend for normal people. I hate that.
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (isolation #37) » Sun Feb 01, 2004 11:16 am

Post by discer »

I tend to agree with JereIC at the moment. The combination of the first to say "Mathcam's not dead yet so he's probably evil" (thus implying he might have thought about it the previous night when deciding who to kill) and his lack of vote on Mojo both seem to be good indicators. And all this on top of the piles of suspicion racked up on him yetsterday.Vote: Prizm
Cam, I viewed this post as an attack. Was I wrong?
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (isolation #38) » Thu Feb 05, 2004 11:05 pm

Post by discer »

Really Cam. Vote? (sarcasim) Are you freaking kidding me??

I love this game too. I feel foolish (sorry JereIC) and excited at the same time.

With Tigris death and the obvious and "read between the lines" implications....... I must question my every thought.

I take it back. I hate this game. (smiles at Werebear)
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (isolation #39) » Fri Feb 06, 2004 10:33 pm

Post by discer »

Cam wrote:
Because Prizm is more suspicious of me, so if Prizm starts the day off by voting me, discer automatically wins.
The way I see it, if a townie screws up and votes for the other townie, mafia wins. It's that simple. This end game is going to drive Werebear nutz.

I'm thinking about a lot of things but what I will say at this point (and is fairly obvious) is this: Tigris made it clear (in my opinion) that Prizm topped her list. So then Prizm must kill Tigris. On the other hand, Cam knows this and kills Tigris hoping I leap out against Prizm and the game is over.

What if, what if. Much to think about.
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (isolation #40) » Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:49 pm

Post by discer »

Cam wrote:
discer, on the other hand, has been very poised all game, bringing no suspicion on himself whatsoever. However, the kill patterns for the last couple of days do seem to implicate discer, at least in my mind.
I don't know how poised I've been but I'll accept the compliment if that's how you meant it. Half of my posts in this game and more than one decision (not catching the cancelled deadline comes to mind) were made after coming home from the bar after work. My gameplan has simply been to point out my observations and let the rest of the town make the connections if they exist. Way back I felt that if I made too many "connections" or attacks of my own I would get lynched when wrong or killed when right. By promoting a team effort I hoped to reduce blind finger pointing when we were wrong and make the mafia's night choices more difficult. I think I succeded in those goals but time will tell for sure.

As far as the night kill patterns go, I think they implicate all of us for one reason or another.

Someone's waiting for the phone so I'll finish my post later.
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (isolation #41) » Wed Feb 11, 2004 6:37 pm

Post by discer »

I'm going back thru the thread to see if I missed something but not really expecting to find much (probably why I won't find anything......tisk, tisk). Something someone said about pride has
really
got me thinking so I'm primarily doing battle in my head.
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (isolation #42) » Thu Feb 12, 2004 9:59 pm

Post by discer »

Prizm wrote:
Ok, I'm willing to participate.
vote mathcam
. Going with my gut.
Sorry Cam, but a good mafia would never let this go.

Vote: Mathcam

I'm sure there will be an endgame discussion, which I look foward to.
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (isolation #43) » Sat Feb 14, 2004 2:13 pm

Post by discer »

This was a great game and I rather enjoyed watching people state EXACTLY what I was doing but blaming everyone else. I love it when a plan comes together! One possibly altering moment occured when we found out Mathcam was replacing Yanqush after we made our night kill selection. I'm not big on experienced players returning to a game (when I'm scum) but am glad I kept Cam around for the extra excitement. Tho I'm sure I'd feel differently had I gotten lynched. Thanks to everyone for playine and again to Werebear for modding a great game.
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (isolation #44) » Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:59 pm

Post by discer »

Cam, I'll give you credit for not giving credit to Prizm. Better luck next time. (teeheehee)

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”