dahen
dahen
Goon
dahen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (isolation #1) » Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:53 pm

Post by dahen »

Well, I am relatively new at mafiascum, but I expect to post often here if that is the flow of this game. However, it is hard to have any suspicions yet, but as the votes pile on that will take care of itself, I assume.
dahen
dahen
Goon
dahen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (isolation #2) » Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:35 pm

Post by dahen »

My Primate vote was random.
Let's add one to the pile:
unvote
vote davidangelsummers

Unfortunately still randomish, but at least intended to create some pressure.
dahen
dahen
Goon
dahen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (isolation #3) » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:38 pm

Post by dahen »

davidangelsummers wrote:This leads me on to dahen.
Do you intend to be random or create pressure?
A four vote when I have only posted once?
I am going to put it down to you being "relatively new at this" and raise you a
FOS
. which may just turn into a vote.
Wasn't it obvious that I intended to create pressure? That's why I voted for the guy with the most votes. The reason I called it ranomish is that it looks like the first vote(s) was random, meaning that there are no particular reasons to suspect you. However, I don't see a particular reason to suspect anybody yet, so I hope this will create some discussion. At least you are questioning me, which I like.

Also, I don't know if there is some silent agreement that my behavior is wrong and you need to have better proof in order to put someone at three from lynch.
dahen
dahen
Goon
dahen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (isolation #4) » Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:07 pm

Post by dahen »

Hi! Missed this thread for some reason. I will try to make a quick re-read and post some comments today.

Announcement
: I will go on vacation today and have very limited access the nearest week.
dahen
dahen
Goon
dahen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (isolation #5) » Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:38 am

Post by dahen »

Okey. First a defensive post. I'll see if I have time for an offensive one aswell before I leave for vacation.

I didn't lie when I said I put Primate at three from lynch. I counted 12/2+1 = 7, because I mixed this game up with another game where we started with day. Had I known I would probably have waited a little longer, but I still don't see it is that a bad crime to put him at two from lynch either, since if two scum add on their votes quickly, they will be caught and if two townies to... well then they are even more stupid than me.

Yes, I have been posting in other games. I have chosen "Watch this topic" and visits a topic as soon as I get an e-mail, but it seens it doesn't always work. If there is a legal way for you to remind me, I would appreciate it very much.

Enough of defense of my action. I'll see if I can come up with something more offensive.

Unvote
for safety if I won't be able to check in for a while.
dahen
dahen
Goon
dahen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (isolation #6) » Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:06 am

Post by dahen »

Well, I'm here. Back in shape and alive. Thanks for that.
I have re-read but the discussion just circled around my vote and I have already commented on that. Well, then it was about replacing.

The only substantial post was Patrick's, where he found us our SK. Great work!

I'll try to find something similar when looking at the critique I got for my voting.
dahen
dahen
Goon
dahen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (isolation #7) » Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:15 am

Post by dahen »

Well... if you are 100% sure of me, please tell us what you think of the rest of the town so we know what to invert if you would happen to get me hanged.

What I say is that I already have told you why I put my vote where I did when I did. I don't need to write it more times for you to try to find things you don't think match. And yes, I expect it to die away, since there is nothing more I can say and I hope for the sake of this village that we will find anything better than that to discuss.

I will however try to contribute in an other way, by looking once more for scummy behavior. You believing me to be scum is not scummy, but you describing me as "nearly 100% scum" is at least scummisch.
dahen
dahen
Goon
dahen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (isolation #8) » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:18 pm

Post by dahen »

Ok, postponing the re-read in order to comment on the massive amount of comments.
Primate wrote:Oh please, all guesses on alignments revert back to zero when we get confirmation of someones innocence or guilt, you should know that.
I was just being ironic since I think you were hyperbole, as you put it yourself. And no, I have no intentions of lurking.

However, I feel it's scummy of you that your first attempt was to get me to focus on myself rather than on the rest of us.
Patrick wrote:Buddying up to me? I hardly think i singlehandedly caught the SK.
Maybe not, but when I got back from my vacation and did a quick re-read, your post was the only one that seemed substantial enough. Interesting though, how Twito now suspects us both to be mafia? Would I even have mentioned you if we were mafia together?
wolfsbane wrote:That 4th vote thing by Dahen was pretty strange, but it seems like mafia would tend to be more careful. (or is that what he wants me to think?) It could be scummy or not. I'm still thinking we should be looking at Patrick today for trying to take the heat off Dahen day 1.
Hmmm.... why? If I am mafia, then we should lynch me. Patrick might be mafia as well, but I'm probably just buddying up with him. If I'm NOT mafia, then I see no sense in lynching Patrick for slowing this down. Then I think the targets are Primate or Twito.
Primate wrote:I think it's very likely that we have a scum in pat-dahen, but I don't know which, and I think that getting rid of Dahen is the more informative of the two lynches, not just in what they give us regading the other player, but also what it gives us regarding every other player in this game.
Wait a minute... Why would one of us be scum? As I said to wolfsbane, I could understand if you believe me to be scum, but if I am NOT, then Patrick hardly is. I don't like this reasoning. What are you trying to achieve?
Patrick wrote:I'm interested that ppl think that one of me or dahen is scum. For instance, say we lynch him and he turns up town. How does this suddenly mean I'm scum? Are you saying that as scum I made an effort to get ppl talking and slow the lynch down when instead I could have hopped on the dahen wagon like everyone else? If dahen is town (yes it's a big if) then I think a mafia is trying to engineer two mislynches by saying one of me and dahen has to be scum. My impression is Primate is thinking more about what he posts, while wolfsbane is just hopping along for the ride.
Buddying up again, but this is exactly what I meant.
Twito wrote:
monsieurchouette wrote: vote:twito

he seems way too excited to get dahen lynched, and too overly anxious to get someone besides himself confirmed as scum by the group.
That's what I expect scum to do when someone acts the way I did.
What? Mons was the SK and thus would not even have a partner. Why would he protect me if he believed I was mafia?

I suspect Primate the most. Not only because the way he is attacking me, but because he was very quiet day one. One reason I find probable is that he is mafia with a more active player day one and that they agreed during the night that I was a good lynch target because of my error and that Primate should be the one to push hard on me so the other mafia(s) could silently move with him.[/quote]
dahen
dahen
Goon
dahen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (isolation #9) » Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:08 pm

Post by dahen »

And again, where is Dahen?
I'm right here. There have been lots of interesting posts tonight (in Sweden). I will get right back with my analysis.
dahen
dahen
Goon
dahen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (isolation #10) » Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:00 pm

Post by dahen »

First of all, I want to explain what I meant with Primate's change in posting behavior. Day 1 he voted for me as a OMGUS-vote. What happened then, well he put vote number three on DAS who had the previous votings:
monsieurchouette wrote:vote: DAS

because he cant claim cop this time.
and
kristocker wrote:vote: davidangelsummers. Thanks random.org!
Primate's third vote-post was:
Primate wrote: Let's stir up the hornest nest, this is a bit slow for my liking.

Unvote Vote Davidangelsummers

Thats 3.

*sits back to watch*
Then he jumped on me for putting the fourth vote on.
What about this sentence directed to me:
Primate wrote:Pressure is a cop out of a reason.
Is this role-fishing or does it mean something else? I actually can't translate this so help me if I'm completely wrong.
Primate wrote: However, the point of a bandwagon is not to put pressure on the voted, it is to put pressure on the scum surrounding it to join, pressure that can be observed.
Yes, this is exactly what happened. We got a very interesting discussion out of it. I still think that you are looking the most suspicious, partly becuase you didn't seem to like the discussion it caused. At least you didn't lift it forward. Later there were more votes for me and then you woke up of course.
Primate wrote: Quick food for thought, the Doc just confirmed someone.
Waiting for someone to say: "But what if there isn't a doc" or what? Your comment is something we all think, but only one writes. Why? Well, you kind of explained it later, but still I don't like it.

Now to the recent discussion:

@DAS: I understand some of the vote-critique against Patrick, but I still don't understand why you are focusing on him? At least for me, it seems like Patrick succeded in taking some of the focus away from me when I was getting close to lynch. Maybe we are scum together, but attack me instead of him, then.

@cpol: Any person, townie or mafia wants to survive. There are three ways of doing that: 1. Tell everybody why you are innocent. 2. Try to find someone else that looks guilty. 3. Do nothing and hope people change their minds.

I chose number two. I really hope you're not holding that against me. What would be a better choice? Primate actually suggested number one, but I don't like that alternative.
Twito wrote:
dahen wrote:What? Mons was the SK and thus would not even have a partner. Why would he protect me if he believed I was mafia?
Ofc mon doesn't have a partner and how could he know you are mafia? Sorry I don't understand what you are asking/saying here.
Sorry, I misread the quote from monsierchouette. But you are welcome to explain your answer to him, because I'm not sure I follow.

Then Patrick and DAS started to argue. Why? If someone of them are mafia I think it's DAS, but he must be mafia togehter with Primate in that case (yes, I know he voted him). But then PBug steps in as well. Hmm... Too many people on to him and this time it's not random.

I'm getting more and more sceptical of wolfsbane, who once again happily follows along. So
FOS: Wolfsbane

Then back to our Primate.
Primate wrote:This wagon requires on Dahen to be scum for it to be legitimate.
What? If I'm not scum, then DAS can't be scum? So now I am scum with DAS and Patrick? And all your previous critique on me was putting the fourth vote on DAS. Stick to one logic, please! Ok, you wanted it to be disregarded later, so disregard from what I just wrote if you like.

I'm happy that it's hard to lynch me. I think it's becuase you are pushing so hard with your fourth-vote theory.
PBug wrote:If das is scum, I'll be looking heavily at Primate.
Hmm... but how do we fit in Wolfsbane in this? I want him there.

I don't know what to think of Twito at this point. Maybe it clears a few things if you explain that monsieurchoutte-thing.
dahen
dahen
Goon
dahen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (isolation #11) » Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:51 am

Post by dahen »

@DAS: Did your last two posts actually mean anything?
dahen
dahen
Goon
dahen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (isolation #12) » Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:54 pm

Post by dahen »

@DAS: Interesting. So you group me with cpol, chef and patrick now?
I can understand grouping me with Patrick, but it's more from my behavior than from his. But why with cpol and chef?

Chef has to be replaced or killed off. I much prefer replaced, though.

Mod
: Replace chef please
dahen
dahen
Goon
dahen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (isolation #13) » Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:20 pm

Post by dahen »

Ah, another page of posts.
We are now talking less about my fourth vote-thing, but we are still debating my "connection" with Patrick. Why? Haven't we said enough about me pulling him down? Yes, it's probable that I'm mafia and trying to pull him down. It's not hard to write in the way I do, though, so if that is a tactics that works, I don't know why I don't see it more often. However, I have always been careful to point out that I am the one who started the connection, so please leave the idea that I'm trying to set him up.

Twito - interesting posts. I would very much like an analysis from you based on the fact that I am not scum. I know this isn't what you believe, but if I get hanged today or some other day we can at least have this analysis instead of throwing it all away because it's based on the wrong assumptions.

I am still suspicious of Primate, who has gone silent. Day 1 he felt quite forgiving despite my mistake, then he was very pushy on me at the start of Day 2, and now he's all quiet again. His last thought was a misconception.

One idea was him and DAS being scum together and he placing a distancing third vote on DAS with the intention of moving it. When I put the fourth, he became stressed. This could also explain why he is waiting now to see if anything will happen to the DAS discussion or if we can start wagoning me again.
dahen
dahen
Goon
dahen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (isolation #14) » Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:49 am

Post by dahen »

Yes, I'm posting. You believe it's scummisch.
Yes, I keep saying this about connections, why, because YOU all discuss these connections and it seems like you think I'm hiding it. I'm not hiding anything. I know that it can be interpreted as scum. Any townie knows that anything he writes could be interpreted as scum. Any townie knows that it's probably best for himself to stay quiet. But any townie knows that if everybody would do that, scum would win.

It saddens me that there are no parallell tracks to this discussion. If the goal of the discussion is to find out about my role, you could just hang me. Assuming I am scum, it's the right thing to do. Assuming I'm town it doesn't matter because you're only discussing me anyway.

No, this is not reverse psychology, this is an attempt to get you to realise that it might be good to have an alternative track if I turn up innocent. And even better, to find out that this alternative is better and keep me alive.

Primate should be happy as he wanted me to talk about myself. However, he's in a b ad spot if I'm hanged.

I'm sorry that I don't have the time right now to re-read and find something else, so this will have to be a defensive post, even though I don't like them. I will try to get back soon, though, as this game is quite interesting.

m sorry I don't have the time to re-read at the moment
dahen
dahen
Goon
dahen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (isolation #15) » Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:19 am

Post by dahen »

I'm not. I made a quick check at work and commented on what seemed to be the main focus. The your fence-discussion with DAS didn't give me much. But I will look into the Twito-case.
dahen
dahen
Goon
dahen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (isolation #16) » Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:05 am

Post by dahen »

mod
Could we get a votecount and replacement for chef?

I think I'm quite near lynch now (haven't counted). Don't even think about hammering me and then wine tomorrow that you didn't know your vote was a hammer!
dahen
dahen
Goon
dahen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (isolation #17) » Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:37 pm

Post by dahen »

Could you explain what you were thinking when you wrote that? I hope you meant "possible" instead of "probable", but even that still sounds pretty bad.
Yes, I meant possible. English is not my first language, even if I should know better than to confuse those two.

I am suspecting most of the voters on myself at the moment for two reasons:
1. No mafia has taken the chance to hammer me.
2. No person on the wagon did remove their vote but kept me on lynch-1 even though we had replacements going on. I thought it was standard practise to unvote for some discussion first.

The people saying that they believe me and Patrick to be mafia together will be proved wrong if I am hanged. I think that these people do believe that I will be hanged today.
Townies could very likely behave like that. They will just realize that they have been wrong, which will give Patrick som breathing space.
Why would mafia do such a thing if Patrick is innocent? They would almost clear him by hanging me, so they would have to kill him tonight. Well, the reason could be to appear fooled and thus more town-like, but that's a bit risky play.
I am therefore inclined to be somewhat less suspicious of those that includes Patrick in the suspiciouns and more suspicious of those that are just onto me.

There is another possiblity - that Patrick is indeed mafia, and then it's great for mafia to tie me to Patrick and then hang me and tomorrow state that Patrick is more or less cleared. I am just going to assume that this is not the case, because everything would fall apart for me.
dahen
dahen
Goon
dahen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (isolation #18) » Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:39 am

Post by dahen »

Patrick, I am disappointed. I thought about including that my post should not be read as making you suspicious. Then I read it again and thought that there would be no way that somebody could interpret it that way, becuase then the entire second half would not make any sense.

So I don't know how hard you are trying to misread me. Had I pointed it out, you would probably say that I shouldn't mention such things as town and that I should know that. I don't understand at all why I should know what you are saying about what to do and what not to do as town. Most of it boils down to WIFOM anyway.
dahen
dahen
Goon
dahen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (isolation #19) » Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:56 pm

Post by dahen »

Ok, I'll see if I can make it more clear.
This is of course from my view:

I am innocent.
I have for long believed Patrick to be innocent. I still believe that, but I'm obviously not 100% sure.
I have had focus on me (for that 4:th vote and for my reactions (I assume) to Primate's accusations and the following discussion).
I assume that mafia sees me as a good target (I have pointed out Primate's change in posting just after the night).
I assume that mafia is confident enough in getting me hanged (they must be confident in their actions, or they will not succeed very well).
Mafia of course knows Patrick's alignment (which I assume is town).
If I become hanged, everyone will see that I was town.
Everybody who have yelled that I am scum with Patrick have to rethink. My guess is that they will believe Patrick to be town then. This is bad for the mafia.
Therefore I think that mafia are trying to kill me, but to tone down the connection to Patrick in order to still be able to push for Patrick's lynch tomorrow (since he has been active today).
Thus, I believe that those who are strong believers in me and Patrick having the same alignment (currently that seems to be mafia) are more likely protown.

Do I make myself clear now? It's hard to draw conclusions from anything else than people's views on me and Patrick, since that's what the discussion is all about.

B Rob wants to hang me, but not hammer me (why?). I was hoping he could produce a new theory instead of just pointing out that I am the target of today's discussion.

I have one important question to you all. If I am hanged today, which of you feel that you have a good clue about who to hang tomorrow should I turn up innocent.
dahen
dahen
Goon
dahen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (isolation #20) » Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:44 pm

Post by dahen »

cpol, it seems that you are giving up?
The deadline is "very retractable" and there is still time left.

You are suspicious of PBug, but he isn't voting me and has the opportunity to hammer. I feel very strongly that Primate is scum. The question is if the other scum is also on my wagon or if he hides somewhere else waiting for a pro-town hammer.

Nothing has happened since the latest vote count:
Vote Count
dahen (Primate, Twito, wolfsbane, Patrick) 4
chef855 (davidangelsummers, krsitocker) 2
davidangelsummers (PBuG) 1
PBuG (cpol) 1
dahen
dahen
Goon
dahen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (isolation #21) » Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:46 pm

Post by dahen »

I removed my Primate-vote when I went on vacation. It's time to put it back.
vote: Primate
dahen
dahen
Goon
dahen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (isolation #22) » Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:03 am

Post by dahen »

cpol wants to retract the dead-line.
I want to retract the dead-line.
B Rob - how do you feel about retracting the dead-line? You are new to this game and could hopefully find something.

I don't want Primate to be able to stall (if that's what he's doing)

Mod:
What does it take to get the deadline retracted?
dahen
dahen
Goon
dahen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (isolation #23) » Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:23 am

Post by dahen »

Limited claim: This is not a themed game. My role has no flavor at all. A claim of just my role will not help me or the town (it doesn't give information and it can't be verified) so I refuse to claim and hope to live anyway.
dahen
dahen
Goon
dahen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (isolation #24) » Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:35 am

Post by dahen »

I understand that you wanted a quick claim, so I gave you my thoughts about claiming in my situation in un-themed games. I would always say this in my situation.
dahen
dahen
Goon
dahen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (isolation #25) » Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:13 am

Post by dahen »

Ok. Then we disagree. I don't believe in claiming if the information will be more beneficial to scum than to town. I will not get into that debate here, but it has been debated over and over before.
dahen
dahen
Goon
dahen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #277 (isolation #26) » Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:43 am

Post by dahen »

cpol wrote:I feel that if he were scum he would be trying to come up with something plauseable to avoid the lynch.
I'm NOT trying to avoid the lynch with my refusal to fully claim. But of course I am trying to avoid my lynch in that I suggest a retracted dead-line.
cpol wrote:Dahen is scum and can't come up with a proper claim.
This is just funny. Do you really believe it's hard to come up with a claim in a flavorless game? Hint: it starts with 't'.
dahen
dahen
Goon
dahen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (isolation #27) » Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:51 am

Post by dahen »

Phew. Sorry if I quoted a too early vote count. At least we got an interesting reaction from Kristocker there.

Primate: I don't know if you are right about that. I assume that you will find out my role when I die. I don't think my role claim will make you change your mind, so I believe that it can be good to refuse to claim in order not to give scum hints about where certain roles are positioned. Of course, if you are sure to die, than it doesn't matter. But I am still hopeful of surviving. If one more person request me to claim, I will fully claim, but I've already told you I don't think it will matter much.
dahen
dahen
Goon
dahen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (isolation #28) » Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:14 pm

Post by dahen »

Well, since Twito also wants me to claim, we have the following people pushing for my claim:

cpol
Patrick
(kristocker didn't ask me to claim, but almost hammered me becuase of that)
Primate
Twito

wolfie and RBob has posted recently but has not asked for my claim.
PBuG - well, I don't count that as posting.

Since this town seems to follow the prinicple of always-claim, I will.
claim
: I am innocent with no special abilites (vanilla townie).

See for instance this debate regarding when to claim:
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3643

You could read RBob's opinion almost at the top.

Since I hope and think I will live until tomorrow, I don't like screaming out: "I'm not the doctor." I believe that doc's and townies are better off not claiming. Cops and vigs etc. should claim. This applies only to unthemed games, of course. But I would never go against the wish of a town majority.
dahen
dahen
Goon
dahen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (isolation #29) » Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:52 am

Post by dahen »

Kristocker wrote:I didn't think that dahen's actions day one were very suspicious.
Ok
Kristocker wrote:But I'm concerned with this post.
Be as concerned as you like. But are you saying that this post alone made you decide to hammer me? After all the discussion we have had---that post?
Kristocker wrote:He "claims" was a role with no flavor
Yes. I believe this to be a non-flavored game.
Kristocker wrote:so I don't understand how giving a townie claim will give more information to the scum than the town.
It's ok by me if you don't understand. But voting me in this situation because you don't understand?
What about thinking for yourself?
Asking me?
Reading the discussion I linked?
Asking the rest of the town?
It's not hard to come up with cases where a non-flavoured townie claim is not beneficial to town. The hard question is what to do as standard practise. I don't get the feeling that you have thought this through at all.
Kristocker wrote:Claiming townie gives the scum more changes of picking a power role, but claiming a role with no flavor is essentially the same thing.
No, it's not. I don't believe any of us having flavor, so how can claiming "no flavor" be the essentially the same as claiming "townie"?
Kristocker wrote:This really feels like a scum blindly claiming something in order to not get lynched.
You don't understand my reasoning, so I am scum? Ok. I wasn't suspicous day one. Now I am. Do you base that only on us having different views on when to claim? Who did you think was suspicious day one that are no longer suspicious and why?
Kristocker wrote:I don't believe it.
Exactly what do you not believe?
That my reasoning is valid?
That my decision not to claim was for the best of the town?
That I am an innocent townsperson?

I believe that you thought your post was a hammer.
I believe that your vote was the least thought-trough for a long time in this game.
Kristocker wrote:unvote, vote: dahen.
unvote, vote: Kristocker

I'm still eager to hear from Primate, though. Primate-Kristocker is now my favourite mafia team.
dahen
dahen
Goon
dahen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (isolation #30) » Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:17 am

Post by dahen »

das wrote:Dahen=Very scummy but Im worried. In any other game I think he would have been lynched by now. Its very strange. He is a claimed Townie who is acting scummy. Are we not lynching him because hes Town and we have bad scum(as in I think well playing scum would of had his balls nailed to the wall) or because he is scum and we have good scum?(As in they have saved him from the lynch)
This is what I believe:
Primate made some heavy argumentaion against me day two. He has then gone silent. He can't do much more to push for my lynch. His mafia companion wanted for the rest of the town to do much of the discussion, so she didn't do much. First when she was sure enough about a lynch, she decided to put on her vote.
Why didn't she wait for Primate's post? Well, I think they are mafia together, and then it's clear.

Kristocker has made a total of 15 posts in this game.
I suggest you read those. It doesn't take long.
Day one, she voted, then excused herself for the random vote, then supported me with a post or two and put pressure on monsieurchouette.
Day two, she has done nothing but asking for lurkers to be replaced or voted off.

Voting for lurkers is a common mafia technique since it can be backed up and doesn't require any thought or reasoning.
dahen
dahen
Goon
dahen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (isolation #31) » Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:13 am

Post by dahen »

Haha. How many people have now said that I am acting scummy but that they have a feeling that I am not?

Still no-one has answered my question if they thought they had a good view on who to hang tomorrow, if (when) I turn up town. Wolfsbane at least says that it tells a lot about Patrick and Primate. Does it? What does it say about others?

I can accept to die for the town if that will give you good information, but I won't do it happily if you would be just as confused tomorrow. I think it's scummy to say that I'm a good lynch although I'm probably town unless it's backed by good reasoning.
dahen
dahen
Goon
dahen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (isolation #32) » Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:42 am

Post by dahen »

Well, that's it I guess. One of the most interesting starts I've seen in a game. Too bad I couldn't follow you to the end, but I would be surprised if town didn't win this. Go town!
dahen
dahen
Goon
dahen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (isolation #33) » Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:21 am

Post by dahen »

What? Ok, I seriously need another vote count. Didn't Kristocker put me at one from lynch (some believed it to be the hammer). And now when wolfie voted---did I miss an unvote from some of the guys voting me?
dahen
dahen
Goon
dahen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (isolation #34) » Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:55 am

Post by dahen »

kristocker - Nice to see you posting. Have you any comments to my PBPA? Could you please join the discussion. What connections do you see? Who are scum with me if I'm scum. Who are scum if I'm innocent? Who else are innocent?
dahen
dahen
Goon
dahen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (isolation #35) » Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:26 am

Post by dahen »

Request that dead-line be removed

Primate is changing fast. He's been my number one suspect. I'm glad he feels convinced that I'm town and such things naturally makes me feel friendly towards them (even if that's not good for the reasoning). However, I do agree with much of Primate's accusation of wolfie, and I've already put those reasons forward myself in addition to my gut feeling (remember my comment: how can we fit wolfsbane into this?).

I'm seriously worried about Kristocker, though. She hasn't contributed anything to this game. If she hadn't posted earlier today I would have asked for her to be replaced. Now I'm just irritated. Not the smartest thing, but I like my vote there.

If we can't manage to get the deadline removed, I will review wolfsbane's posts again and consider shifting my vote there.
dahen
dahen
Goon
dahen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (isolation #36) » Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:08 am

Post by dahen »

With some breathing space and being more confident that people will listen, I decided to re-read everything and make up my comments as my thoughts arrive.

Day 1:
* Some random vote.
* Kristocker excuses here 2:nd DAS vote.
* Primate puts number 3 and sits back and watch (no hiding intentions).
* Dahen puts number 4 intended to create even more pressure.
* DAS naturally reacts, but is quite calm.
* PBuG on the other hand is not that calm at all and calls for my lynch for speed-lynching attempt.
* Patrick FOSes PBuG for not realizing that two more people on the DAS wagon would give scum away.
* Twito disregards Patrick's comment and adds his vote with no more than "Lynch scum dahen"
* Twito overly eager to hang me. So much that it gives me town vibes at this point.
* PBuG accuses Twito of being hasty, but I suspect PBuG more.
* Das calls Primate forward. Das feels very townie.
* Wolfsbane expresses doubts about me. He doesn't seem sure of my alignment but supports the lynch. You are normally not sure of people's alignments but most of them are townies.

Summary at this point (Note: This is not how I feel at the moment):
Kristocker: neutral
Primate: neutral
DAS: town
PBuG: scummy
Twito: town
Wolfsbane: scummy

Lot's of posts here but none from me since this was the period I forgot the game.

I will continue soon. I've got to proof-read a document.
dahen
dahen
Goon
dahen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #379 (isolation #37) » Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:34 pm

Post by dahen »

If we assume that the SK could kill every night and we have one mafia group, we should have had two kills N1 and one kill N2.
We had one kill N1 and 0 kills N2. Why is that?

There is a possibility that the SK or mafia chose not to kill (or failed to submit a night choice). I don't believe that.
There is also a possibility that SK and mafia both targetted Roland N1. Apart from this being not very probable, the death scene seems to show us that he was killed with a gun and nothing else.

The reason for the lack of kills could well be a doctor's successful protect two nights in a row.
I find it more likely, though that it would happen because of a role-blocker's correct block N1, since the RB could choose the same target to block N2. I don't know how Mlaker treats blocks of mafia, but I think it's easier to block correct twice than to protect twice.

Doctor is a common mafia claim, but I think it's quite probable that we have a doctor in this game, and since we have had no counter-claim, Wolfie could well be doctor. I'm not so sure about cpol and pbug though.

But I guess we can afford not to call out a potential role-blocker, keep all claimed roles and targets alive until tomorrow, and continue the discussion then.
dahen
dahen
Goon
dahen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #389 (isolation #38) » Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:13 am

Post by dahen »

I am currently waiting for Kristocker to defend herself or be replaced. I am also writing on my analysis over the entire game that I started earlier but had to cut off. I'll come back with it.
dahen
dahen
Goon
dahen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (isolation #39) » Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:19 pm

Post by dahen »

Wolfsbane wrote:I don't think that being able to block the same person twice would give a roleblocker any advantage over a doctor. If RB blocked mafia, most likely a different mafia would have sent in the kill the next night. If RB blocked SK (mon) then the RB would have to pick somebody else anyway.
Well, it depends how the mod handles blocking and sending in kills. Are you saying that the mafia always chooses someone to do the actual killing? If so, you are right, but I thought that mafia could target its victim as a unit and thus be blocked if the RB chose one mafia. Of course that would make RB very powerful, so I guess that's not how it's handled.
dahen
dahen
Goon
dahen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #411 (isolation #40) » Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:46 pm

Post by dahen »

I'm here. I suggest we hear what DAS have to say about the situation.
dahen
dahen
Goon
dahen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #421 (isolation #41) » Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:18 pm

Post by dahen »

It didn't take many hours from Primate's vote on you until you put your vote on Kristocker who has been getting votes.
B Rob wrote:After her, I think cpol and dahen are the scummiest.
If you believe I am scummy, why do you vote Kristocker who wanted to hang me so badly?

This really wasn't a good post by you.
FOS: B Rob
dahen
dahen
Goon
dahen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #430 (isolation #42) » Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:32 pm

Post by dahen »

How come this game has stalled completely now? I want Primate to talk. He was very convinced of hanging me this morning, and he was the first one to say that I'm almost guaranteed town. It seems like lots of shifts in temper and I would really like to know where he stands now.

I still don't like the self-preservation by B Rob, but Kristocker is much worse. She still hasn't put forward a case against someone. Or is it impossible because her only candidate was me? If you still think that I am the best target for today, Kristocker, I surely must have some mafia buddies that you could help to locate, right?
dahen
dahen
Goon
dahen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #432 (isolation #43) » Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:26 pm

Post by dahen »

wolfsbane wrote:Weren't you one of the ones giving me a hard time about making connections between people before anybody is lynched?
Well, I tried to give you a hard time, but definately not for that reason. I have always encouraged people to contribute and speculate. The point of this game is to find connections. Call that ripping town apart if you like.
dahen
dahen
Goon
dahen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #539 (isolation #44) » Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:31 pm

Post by dahen »

Oh, we lost quite a lot there.
Anyhow, I was voting PBuG, but you seemed more eager to take DAS first. Now is your chance to change and follow me.

vote PBuG
dahen
dahen
Goon
dahen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #548 (isolation #45) » Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:46 am

Post by dahen »

Well, we could. But why are you suddenly so sure? I think PBuG is a better candidate. Cpol supported me against Kristocker and he was the first to attack BRob. I don't see what he has been doing wrong.
dahen
dahen
Goon
dahen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #551 (isolation #46) » Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:44 pm

Post by dahen »

Twito, thanks for your post. I've done a re-read on you and cpol. Yes, you were after B Rob quite heavily, but Cpol's B Rob vote still count for him, I think. At this point I am against a cpol lynch.

PBuG - I see your case against DAS, but I'm not convinced. He has linked himself to Kristocker more than I think a mafia partner would.

I don't like Primate's silence. Please step in and give your view. I will re-read on PBuG and DAS in the meantime.
unvote
dahen
dahen
Goon
dahen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #557 (isolation #47) » Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:30 am

Post by dahen »

And I would like to hear from Primate even more.
dahen
dahen
Goon
dahen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #568 (isolation #48) » Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:59 am

Post by dahen »

PBuG - are you a day cop?
dahen
dahen
Goon
dahen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #574 (isolation #49) » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:26 pm

Post by dahen »

Just checking in in all my games to say I'm here. I will re-read each one, but it'll take some time.
dahen
dahen
Goon
dahen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #597 (isolation #50) » Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:10 pm

Post by dahen »

I am here. Consensus seems to be on PBug, and I personally prefer him very much over DAS. When wolfsbane has got all roles, I will place my vote.
dahen
dahen
Goon
dahen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #610 (isolation #51) » Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:39 am

Post by dahen »

Is it impossible to get in touch with Das? Has he quit scum all toghether? Maybe someone knows of an e-mail address to him. It must be possible.

I prefer not to vote for what's easiest to handle. And I think we should take care of PBuG today. If there are scum left tomorrow, I'm opposed to any automatic lynch.

So, here are the results of the Swedish jury:
vote PBuG
dahen
dahen
Goon
dahen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #631 (isolation #52) » Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:23 pm

Post by dahen »

Oh, we won!

How did Kristocker's ability work?