SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #80 (isolation #0) » Tue May 22, 2012 3:25 am

Post by SensFan »

Was away for the long weekend. Sorry. Catching up now.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #81 (isolation #1) » Tue May 22, 2012 3:56 am

Post by SensFan »

Okay. So the RQS was a complete waste of time and probably helped contribute to the fact this game is fairly inactive. I doubt there's much to gain about alignments from either the Milk/Seacore or the Arugula/Seacore spats. The fact that Seacore is common to both might be relevant, though.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #86 (isolation #2) » Tue May 22, 2012 5:49 am

Post by SensFan »

In post 82, roflcopter wrote:sens name the person you think is most likely town

Can I give two? You and Coffee.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #102 (isolation #3) » Wed May 23, 2012 3:35 am

Post by SensFan »

Humble Poirot and DTM, I can answer both of your questions together. I frankly don't think that there's been a whole lot in this game that is telling of alignment. I certainly never meant to imply that I had any sort of read on Seacore; it's significant but I don't know how or why yet. All I know is that when the only things of note in 4 pages are two fairly inconsequential spats, it's worth noting if the same person is involved in both.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #109 (isolation #4) » Wed May 23, 2012 5:12 pm

Post by SensFan »

In post 106, Seacore wrote:
unvote Vote sensfan

this is totally enough to vote for.
"interesting" "significant" "worth noting" these are terms of somebody who is trying to fling mud and look like they're scum hunting without getting involved.

If something doesn't help you determine alignment, it's not worth noting.

That's insanely dumb on so many levels. By your logic, meta analysis is worthless, since everything you know about someone from previous games doesn't directly tell you their alignment in this game. I didn't say that it would
never
help me with any alignments, but that it doesn't at this point.
In post 107, DTMaster wrote:@Sensfan
Seacore beat me to the punch but I don't see how significant does not equate to an alignment read. I don't get it. It's like you're framing for the bussing argument but there's no punch line. Also town reads when you admitted that there isn't a lot to make alignment calls? CONTRADICTION GALORE.

Again, I never said it wouldn't be significant at some point; just that I don't have anything to say about it right now. As for the town reads, I was asked for the people I thought were most likely to be Town. I never said I have good Town reads- I don't.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #130 (isolation #5) » Thu May 24, 2012 3:14 am

Post by SensFan »

In post 110, DTMaster wrote:Huh, but doesn't that mean you have some sense of reasoning to pick those two players from the rest to answer Rofl's question?

Very small reasons, but they were the best I had at the time. As I said, I didn't think there was a whole lot to go on.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #231 (isolation #6) » Sun May 27, 2012 10:12 am

Post by SensFan »

Seacore is my top scumread.
Milk is second.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #234 (isolation #7) » Sun May 27, 2012 3:47 pm

Post by SensFan »

Huh. A post of mine disappeared. That's really weird. Anyways,
Vote: Seacore.
. I meant to do that ages ago.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #244 (isolation #8) » Mon May 28, 2012 12:54 am

Post by SensFan »

Meh. I realize that this is completely impossible to verify, but right after Post 144 (in which someone called me out for not giving any scumreads), I swear I was sure I posted "Meh, you're right.
Vote: Seacore.
I think it's completely absurd that anyone really thinks I would lie about that, and it's not something I can defend myself against. There's no 'case' against me other than that I haven't explained my reads (I don't plan on doing that yet) and that I've been slightly lurkerish. The latter is completely 'explained' by the fact the first 4 pages happened during a long weekend I was away, and since then I thought I made a post that I apparently didn't. No claim.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #246 (isolation #9) » Mon May 28, 2012 2:17 am

Post by SensFan »

None of the posts that have 'addressed' me have given me anything that I can respond to. "SensFan must die", "I see no alternative other than to lynch SensFan."

As for the lying, TeChNoWC specifically did.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #248 (isolation #10) » Mon May 28, 2012 2:48 am

Post by SensFan »

He didn't lie, or at least I don't know that he did. I meant that he called me a liar.
No, I don't specifically think I've been a shining example of good play, but I don't think I've done anything particularly bad either. It's D1 and no one has anything to go on; there's almost always too many cooks in the kitchen D1. I've given my reads fairly clearly and with no hedging, so that I can still be held accountable for my actions, even though I'm not writing novels to make a case I don't really believe in just like everyone else.
As for Seacore, I realized that I was being way to cautious with my "significant but not scummy" shit. It's D1 and he stood out in a bad way; that's enough for a vote.

Anything else I can help you with?
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #254 (isolation #11) » Mon May 28, 2012 5:35 am

Post by SensFan »

In post 253, Thomith wrote:what i find weird is how sensfan purked up when he started getting suspected for posting little content, and for some reason i am not buying the "oh my post got deleted" post, as i think you would have realised WAY before now, i am showing intent to hammer.

I haven't just "purked up" now; my activity has been fairly linear and constant since I got back from the long weekend, particularly if you include the post that didn't go through. More on that last part in a bit.
My posts, while not gigantic in quantity, have pretty much all had content. I've given reads on who I think are Town and who I think are Scum, the former against my wishes as an attempt to provide information and avoid making waves with the Town, given that I had missed the first few pages already.
Care to give a
single
good reason for me to completely fabricate a story about making a post that isn't there? Keep in mind that I would have had all weekend to pretend that it was a much bigger post than I have said it was, given that I'm being suspected mostly for not explaining myself and I've claimed to have made a post doing something else with no explanation. It just makes no sense; there's no Scum motivation there. As for noticing it, I don't generally reread games on D1, so when exactly am I supposed to have noticed an old post not being there?
Finally, you are "showing intent to hammer"? What the hell does that mean? If you wanted to hammer you should have just done it. A bit gunshy? Afraid to be the one D2 that has to explain why you hammered the Town player? Hoping someone else will see your post as an inclination for then to get the blood on their hands? Put your money where your mouth is.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #258 (isolation #12) » Mon May 28, 2012 5:43 am

Post by SensFan »

No claim. Still no actual case one that I can see, besides 'lurking', 'lying', and 'not explaining yourself.' I haven't done the first two (and can't possibly dispute/disprove the accusations) and I've fully clarified the reasoning for the third one. Is there something else I've overlooked, or is that all of the fuss?

Note that I'm on my phone this morning; responses will be fairly short and sparse. And from 3-12 EDT I'm at work and am not allowed any Internet access for security reasons. You will have to wait until tonight or tomorrow morning for any large posts.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #259 (isolation #13) » Mon May 28, 2012 5:44 am

Post by SensFan »

In post 256, Junpei wrote:Sensfan: Scum motivation is that a bigger post is quite frankly unbelievable, making it not an option.

Also intent to hammer is a very standard term which is used on this site.

Thomith: You're good to hammer after we get a little more discussion and interaction going.

What's the Scum motivation for fabricating a nonexistent post in the first place?
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #261 (isolation #14) » Mon May 28, 2012 5:50 am

Post by SensFan »

In post 260, Junpei wrote:
In post 259, SensFan wrote:
In post 256, Junpei wrote:Sensfan: Scum motivation is that a bigger post is quite frankly unbelievable, making it not an option.

Also intent to hammer is a very standard term which is used on this site.

Thomith: You're good to hammer after we get a little more discussion and interaction going.

What's the Scum motivation for fabricating a nonexistent post in the first place?

To explain the lack of vote on Seacore.

Seriously? I'm not sure "I swear, a post vanished!" makes the Top 10 Scum Lies in that situation. Give me a little credit, at least.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #265 (isolation #15) » Mon May 28, 2012 7:15 am

Post by SensFan »

In post 262, Junpei wrote:
In post 261, SensFan wrote:Seriously? I'm not sure "I swear, a post vanished!" makes the Top 10 Scum Lies in that situation. Give me a little credit, at least.

It's in the top 10, because then you can go:
In post 261, SensFan wrote:Seriously? I'm not sure "I swear, a post vanished!" makes the Top 10 Scum Lies in that situation. Give me a little credit, at least.

WIFOM argument. If I was self-voting instead, would you say "Well clearly the Scum motivation to self-vote is that you could claim there's no Scum motivation to self-vote"?
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #277 (isolation #16) » Mon May 28, 2012 7:57 am

Post by SensFan »

In post 274, Junpei wrote:
In post 273, IceGuy wrote:Mostly because he contributes very little to the game, always posting but just two or three lines of little significance, and at the end comes in and votes SensFan out of the blue after three days of absence.

Replace SensFan with Seacore and you got why SensFan is scum, minus a few other details, that is. Of course his activity recently spiked but that's beside the point.

Assume that I was away from the Internet for the long weekend. Assume that I attempted to make a post Thursday middayish, when I claimed to have. Assume that I was somewhat busy this weekend.
Once those three assumptions (the first and last of which are very reasonable, and the second of which can't be proved or disproved) are made, my activity is surprisingly constant and linear until this morning. Normally I wouldn't be posting this much before work, but I know that my activity has been somewhat lackluster thus far, so figured I would spend my commute clearing things up.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #279 (isolation #17) » Mon May 28, 2012 8:02 am

Post by SensFan »

Going into work as I speak. No access to electronics of any sort until midnight, for security reasons. Repeating this here so that people like Junpei can't accuse me of lurking for the rest of the day.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #348 (isolation #18) » Tue May 29, 2012 2:38 am

Post by SensFan »

One more person threatening to hammer, one more person asking for a claim. Still not a single point against me that:
a) is something I can defend/discuss
b) is something I haven't already explained

If I have missed anything, feel free to redirect me to it. I certainly won't be claiming at this point, since there's no good reason for me to be at L-1 other than people not liking my first couple of posts (or, in one case, having a personal bias against me).
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #404 (isolation #19) » Wed May 30, 2012 2:40 am

Post by SensFan »

Just got off a double shift, and badly need sleep. I'll catch up on what I've missed since yesterday when I wake up.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”