mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #23 (isolation #0) » Mon Jul 28, 2003 3:56 am

Post by mathcam »

First of all, the attack on GC is ridiculous. Why would it have been so much better if he had simply said "Random Vote: Dragon Phoenix?" If he really wanted to kill dragon phoenix, he could have done it that way.
Anyways, vote: Mathcam cus that's the only name I can remember right now.
I guess that's good...couldn't remember the people whose posts you just read?

The strongest choice for me right now is darkblade...attempting to force a role claim already? And for someone who only had two votes on them? I've never seen anyone look so guilty after one post.

Vote: darkblade

In the downtime, I forgot that Macros was crazy. I missed that about you, man. :)

Cam
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #45 (isolation #1) » Tue Jul 29, 2003 3:40 am

Post by mathcam »

Darkblade is still numero uno for my vote. Though I agree that at least heuristically, longer first days are better for the town, it's certailny not true that more information in the open always helps the town. What if we bandwagon and force a role claim out of our only doctor? And if we bandwagon a mafia and they simply
claim]/i] to be a doctor, what then? They either get away, or our real doctor risks his own life by coming out to contradict the claim. And in the worst-case scenario, they could
both
be real doctors and we end up lynching
both!

In my opinion, bandwagonning for a role claim is only the correct first day strategy if no better strategy presents itself. In this case, I think going after Darkblade is a stronger option.

Cam
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #47 (isolation #2) » Tue Jul 29, 2003 8:15 am

Post by mathcam »

I bet you would at least have gotten the tags right. :)

Cam
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #58 (isolation #3) » Thu Jul 31, 2003 8:23 am

Post by mathcam »

Hear! Hear!

Post or die, scumblade.

Cam
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #67 (isolation #4) » Fri Aug 01, 2003 4:05 am

Post by mathcam »

No need DP, if he has 4 votes at deadline he gets lynched anyways.
Well, if he's going to die anyway, then if we give him 6 votes, we waste less of our combined time.

Cam
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #69 (isolation #5) » Fri Aug 01, 2003 4:25 am

Post by mathcam »

I think that might be 6.

Cam
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #74 (isolation #6) » Fri Aug 01, 2003 11:18 am

Post by mathcam »

Sweet. When I read MeMe's post, I could've sworn people were going to be all over me about the short night, seeing as how I'm logged in essentially all day. In any case, I think macros is noticably absent from you FOS list: last vote for the lynch, and now his arch-enemy mysteriously vanishes overnight. Of course, he could just be getting set up by a particularly pernicious mafia.

Cam
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #84 (isolation #7) » Mon Aug 04, 2003 3:28 am

Post by mathcam »

Weird. Anyway, MeMe's the boss, so sounds good to me.

Sounds like there's enough agreement in the town to stop with the FOSses and

Vote: Macros

Cam
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #87 (isolation #8) » Mon Aug 04, 2003 5:03 am

Post by mathcam »

Well, I'm not saying its a unanimous decision that we have to kill you, Macros. I'm just saying that I'm not the only one who thinks your suspicious, so that I'll upgrade my FOS to a vote.

Cam
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #92 (isolation #9) » Tue Aug 05, 2003 4:20 am

Post by mathcam »

Well I still have a gut feeling toward Macros, but no one else appears to agree. I guess we'll get back to him later. I guess for now I'll jump on the DP bandwagon, based solely on Kingpin's vote placement argument and the fact that he already has one vote.

Cam
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #97 (isolation #10) » Wed Aug 06, 2003 3:20 am

Post by mathcam »

Pick a side people! Either vote for someone or put forth a compelling argument why we should have no lynch. Or if you too lazy for that, then just vote for macros, as
I
have gone through the effort of putting some thought into the game, and have put forth a mildly compelling argument as to his suspiciousness.

Cam
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #98 (isolation #11) » Wed Aug 06, 2003 3:21 am

Post by mathcam »

Oh. We both seem to have rectified the situation. :)

Cam
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #99 (isolation #12) » Wed Aug 06, 2003 3:21 am

Post by mathcam »

You delete one.

Cam
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #101 (isolation #13) » Wed Aug 06, 2003 6:52 am

Post by mathcam »

I still don't see anybody suspiciously so no votes.
In general, mlaker, that's kind of a horrible strategy. Wait and hope someone becomes suspicious? What if everyone did that? We'd be staring at a blank screen until we were deadlined.

Cam

p.s. In case anyone was wondering about that gibberish I seem to have written a post or two back, feel free to ignore it. There was a posting mix-up and it has nothing to do with this game.

Cam
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #110 (isolation #14) » Thu Aug 07, 2003 3:16 am

Post by mathcam »

Really? Okay, I guess I'm prepared to back down for a bit off of Macros. Why Kingpin again, DP? Mostly OMGUS?

Cam
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #115 (isolation #15) » Thu Aug 07, 2003 8:12 am

Post by mathcam »

Well..Stewie's been kind of quiet...:)

Cam
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #121 (isolation #16) » Thu Aug 07, 2003 11:13 am

Post by mathcam »

Okay....so now, you're here....any thoughts?

Cam
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #124 (isolation #17) » Fri Aug 08, 2003 2:42 am

Post by mathcam »

I've got nothing better.

Unvote: Macros, Vote: CRiX

Cam
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #137 (isolation #18) » Mon Aug 11, 2003 4:36 am

Post by mathcam »

Mathcam is usually one of the most active people in a mafia game. But, Suddenly he somehow dropped of the face of the earth. He has not made a post since last page, more importantly, he hasnt made a real information post for many pages.
I don't want to sound overly defensive, but
come on
. I was gone for ONE DAY. I don't come in on Sundays. If you look at all of my posts, I was active on the board through Saturday 5PM. Between my last post on Friday and 5PM Saturday, there had only been three new posts, essentially all of which agreed with my previous post!

As to townie-claiming, we're in a tricky spot. First, it's very easy for mafia to claim townies, which makes townie claims a bit suspicious. Second, this is a no frills game, so there
are
lots of townies, so we can't be too suspicious of them. My gut feeling tells me that it's probably very unlikely that both macros and CRiX are townies.

Cam
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #151 (isolation #19) » Tue Aug 12, 2003 8:05 am

Post by mathcam »

My thoughts:

Not suspicious: Dragon Phoenix, mikehart, Macros
A little suspicious: KingPin
Very suspicious: mlaker, Someone.

mlaker's been a gut feeling since the beginning of the game. Someone, on the other hand, is very perplexing. He's very insistent on voting for me because I was lurking for one day, despite probably being the most active poster in the game. I almost feel like he's hinting that he might have information. I think he's a mafia preparing himself for a cop claim and when he comes out he'll indicate me. Unfortunately for him, if this is the case he made a bad choice...I'm fairly confident I can be shown to be pro-town when the time comes, though as always, I'd rather defer this until later. I'd bet money that Someone is mafia.

Vote: Someone

Cam
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #153 (isolation #20) » Tue Aug 12, 2003 8:47 am

Post by mathcam »

Well, I guess I have no defense, then. I don't feel like it was much less, except for the weekend. Typically I'm not around at all on the weekends, and probably won't be next weekend. My vote was not an attempt to bully you into removing your vote, it was an attempt to start a bandwagon against you.

Certainly someone else must have an opinion on this subject.

Cam
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #160 (isolation #21) » Thu Aug 14, 2003 7:30 am

Post by mathcam »

Agreed. Perhaps some presence in the game is warranted from mikehart?

Cam
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #183 (isolation #22) » Sun Aug 17, 2003 2:50 pm

Post by mathcam »

Mikehart's a good second guess for me, but I still feel strongly about Someone.
I'm pretty sure that there is a godfather in this, don't ask me why, gut feeling.
An awfully strong statement for a "gut feeling"... Perhaps you know more than you let on? Or perhaps you are again just pretending that you do.

Cam
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #201 (isolation #23) » Thu Aug 21, 2003 6:01 am

Post by mathcam »

I guess I'm kind of surprised to find myself up there on anybody's suspicion radar. The only people I had a feeling for this game were Macros and CRiX. One was mafia, and one is still alive, so I still have my doubts about him. I guess I also had a feeling about Someone, but I guess I was wrong about that.

Just for reference:
(Alive) People who didn't vote for CRiX: Kingpin, Macros
(Alive) People who didn't vote for mikehart: mathcam.

Also note that mlaker was the next-to-last person to jump on the bandwagon for both of these lynches. Of course, this makes sense. He wouldn't want to get on earlier, because that might start the bandwagon against his fellow mafia, and he wouldn't want to deliver the lynching blow in case it could be prevented. In addition, in both of these cases, mlaker's vote jumped around the board like you wouldn't believe. It's not suprising that he ended up on the lynching bandwagons on either of these cases because he was on
every
bandwagon.

Cam
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #202 (isolation #24) » Thu Aug 21, 2003 6:02 am

Post by mathcam »

Hell, he's already had two votes
today
! Though I originally suspected Macros, this one is becoming more and more obvious to me.

Vote: mlaker

Cam
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #205 (isolation #25) » Thu Aug 21, 2003 6:05 am

Post by mathcam »

No offense, Macros, but putting it to two out of three votes before we've discussed is a little risky. I'll

Unvote: mlaker

to be on the safe side.

Cam
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #207 (isolation #26) » Thu Aug 21, 2003 6:06 am

Post by mathcam »

I think there's a lesson to be learned here about previewing (both of us)...

...if only I could figure out what it was... :)

Cam
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #214 (isolation #27) » Thu Aug 21, 2003 6:20 am

Post by mathcam »

Agreed there's no need for panic, but there's no sense lynching before we talk it through. I'm afriad I can't give much of a defense for the mikehart thing...I didn't think he was all that suspicious, so I didn't vote for him.

Just think about it for a second: My last post yesterday occurred when there were already three votes on mikehart, and three votes that seemed essentially unmoveable. If I were mafia, the easiest thing for me to do would have been just to finish off the lynch and see how things went today. I didn't though, since I thought mikehart was innocent. I find him very difficult to read in general.

On last preview, DP's post popped up, so let me respond: I guess I viewed this more as an attack on Someone rather than a defense of mikehart. I still don't see how he got a pretty strong feeling that there was a godfather. Technically, I guess I
was
trying to get a bandwagon off of mikehart, but only because I wanted it on Someone instead, not because I didn't want it on mikehart. I'm afraid we might be out of luck if you want anything stronger than that.

Cam
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #217 (isolation #28) » Thu Aug 21, 2003 7:24 am

Post by mathcam »

I almost feel like we have to now. If he's guilty (which I think he probably is), then he's dead, and hopefully the game's over. Otherwise he's innocent, and tonight the mafia kill someone other than him, and we're left with mlaker and two others who have no idea who's innocent and who's not....mlaker was the most suspicious from the day before, so he becomes the obvious target. We lynch an innocent and the actual mafia wins.

On the other hand, it's kind of nerve-racking to make a decision so quickly. I guess I'll get my vote in now so at least I can make fun of whoever finishes it off if we turn out to be wrong about mlaker.

Vote: mlaker

Cam
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #231 (isolation #29) » Mon Aug 25, 2003 4:30 am

Post by mathcam »

Sorry, sorry, sorry...really hectic weekend. I guess there's no point hanging on to my role any more, then. I am the vigilante. I only used my ability once, and (apparently stupidly) used it to kill Someone. There is little doubt in my mind that Kingpin is the last evil, as I concur that DP is the least likely to be evil among us, and if he is, I sure won't feel too bad losing to such brilliant play.

Cam
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #235 (isolation #30) » Mon Aug 25, 2003 12:15 pm

Post by mathcam »

Let me just point out how much easier it would have been to claim townie if I were mafia. Then, assuming you yourself are innocent, I just have to get you to make the correct 50/50 play. In fact, I contemplated claiming townie nonetheless, just for ease. Why didn't I? Aside from the stigma of lying to the town, I personally feel the claim is very believable (of course, if I were mafia, I would be making the same argument). Is it all that surprising that MeMe would include a doc, a cop, a vigilante, and that's it in her No Frills Game. And even so, I
know
this is a no frills game, so why risk it by claiming it when townie is such an easier claim.

It was not specified that I was single-shot, so I assume I am multi-shot. I thought about killing someone last night, but if I'm wrong, we lose. I was actually thinking Macros was more suspicious than Kingpin, so probably would have killed him anyway, and we would have lost.

Cam
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #236 (isolation #31) » Mon Aug 25, 2003 12:17 pm

Post by mathcam »

Rereading my role PM it's actually very clear that I'm multi-shot.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #239 (isolation #32) » Tue Aug 26, 2003 4:15 am

Post by mathcam »

It wasn't really a matter of remembering...the PM doesn't explicitly state multi-kill, but it is still clear.

Regardless, I think we should insist Kingpin talks more. He made a partial attack on me and then diesappeared:
Kingpin wrote: Mathcam was also the figure of suspicion yesterday when a townie was lynched.
Whaaa??? I was accused of being suspicious on a day a townie was lynched, so that makes me doubly suspicious?

Okay, I'm reasonably confident now that DP is not the remaining evil, so I'm going to

Vote: Kingpin

Not that this has to speed anything up, but this vote leaves no danger of Kingpin ending the day with his vote, and I highly doubt I'm going to
change
my vote, so there's no point in not voting.

DP, my only recommendation is that you try to get inside MeMe's ahead (figuratively speaking, of course). She was designing a No Frills Mafia. The cop and the doc were certainly in the game, and I thought it was clear that a vigilante would be too...you have to decide whether MeMe would agree or not, for whether you vote for me or for Kingpin is equivalent to whether I'm vigilante or not.

For the record, I even posted my sureness in my role's believability earlier:
mathcam wrote:I'm fairly confident I can be shown to be pro-town when the time comes, though as always, I'd rather defer this until later.
I thought it was clear that a vigilante would be in the game (of course, this was probably skewed by the fact that I
knew
a vigilante
was
in the game), and it was certainly clear that there would only be one, so I thought my claim would be widely believed.

I'll try to find some more dirt on Kingpin...I've been pretty much on the defense this whole day so far.

Cam
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #243 (isolation #33) » Tue Aug 26, 2003 9:21 am

Post by mathcam »

DragonPhoenix wrote:btw - any possible discussion that I'm the last mafia is moot now, because I would ahve won the game by voting KingPin
Agreed.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #246 (isolation #34) » Wed Aug 27, 2003 4:44 am

Post by mathcam »

Sigh...I'm not sure what else I can say...just some trivialities, really...

Re-reading the thread, it felt like KingPin was always trying to be lead rather then trying to lead. Lots of quotes like "What now?" or "Where do we go from here?" He never really made an attack on anyone (except, of course, on DP) but was happy to jump on bandwagons once they were there. A "But I didn't have any information" argument might work in some games, in this game, there was only one pro-town role with information, so it's hardly an excuse.

Oh yeah, and
Kingpin wrote: the GF behind you (DP) and your awsome ability to search him out.
Suckup. :)

Cam
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #247 (isolation #35) » Wed Aug 27, 2003 6:01 am

Post by mathcam »

Oh, and the SK accusation is bogus. There's almost certainly three mafia, since there's only ever been one kill in a give night. Plus, mikehart stated that he thought having a GF would be powerful. Would he have said that if he were the godfather of a two-person mafia? I think not. So if I were evil, I'd be mafia, not an SK. Kingpin is desparately grasping for straws. I think there's three mafia, and Kingpin knows it.

Cam
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #259 (isolation #36) » Wed Aug 27, 2003 10:12 am

Post by mathcam »

Thank you, thank you. I sure didn't envy your position, DP.

Kind of ironic how Someone protected me every night up until the night I killed him. Not that you could have known, Someone...just funny in hindsight.

MeMe, thanks for the back-to-basics game. It's definitely one of the most fun I've played in a while (I cam't imagine winning had anything to do with this).

Cam

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”