HookerPunch
HookerPunch
Townie
HookerPunch
Townie
Townie

Post Post #36 (isolation #1) » Tue May 21, 2013 10:19 am

Post by HookerPunch »

Well, with logic like that, you must be right.

VOTE: Fuzzybutternut
HookerPunch
HookerPunch
Townie
HookerPunch
Townie
Townie

Post Post #37 (isolation #2) » Tue May 21, 2013 10:23 am

Post by HookerPunch »

Sorry, still trying to get used to this newfangled Vote command. Times have sure changed, apparently.

VOTE: Fuzzybutternut

Fixed your vote tag for you. You only need to write the name of the person you're voting when you use that tag. ~Rob
HookerPunch
HookerPunch
Townie
HookerPunch
Townie
Townie

Post Post #57 (isolation #3) » Tue May 21, 2013 6:55 pm

Post by HookerPunch »

Oh, the joys of day one lynches. Apparently, we're out of the fun stage--so I should VOTE: Unvote. In any case, while using the first two pages as evidence is usually a bad idea, I believe the most 'scummy' as of now are fuzzybutternuts and the bickering lovers here. That said, I am curious as to our sole non-voter pitula. Has he even posted? I don't believe so.
Just a wraith.
HookerPunch
HookerPunch
Townie
HookerPunch
Townie
Townie

Post Post #60 (isolation #4) » Tue May 21, 2013 8:26 pm

Post by HookerPunch »

OMGUS! In any case, there is no hurry, my friend. That said, if you want me to vote, I'd much rather wagon someone who hasn't spoken. VOTE: Pikula.
Just a wraith.
HookerPunch
HookerPunch
Townie
HookerPunch
Townie
Townie

Post Post #61 (isolation #5) » Tue May 21, 2013 8:27 pm

Post by HookerPunch »

AKA I can't read names. VOTE: Pitoli.
Just a wraith.
HookerPunch
HookerPunch
Townie
HookerPunch
Townie
Townie

Post Post #93 (isolation #6) » Wed May 22, 2013 8:38 am

Post by HookerPunch »

In post 82, jon_h61 wrote:
In post 37, HookerPunch wrote:Sorry, still trying to get used to this newfangled Vote command. Times have sure changed, apparently.
Just so I get this right, you're implying you have played on MS, but it's been awhile? Last question, are you a hydra?
I HAVE played on mafiascum before, but I am NOT a hydra. In fact, it's been at least three years since my last game.
Just a wraith.
HookerPunch
HookerPunch
Townie
HookerPunch
Townie
Townie

Post Post #105 (isolation #7) » Wed May 22, 2013 8:53 am

Post by HookerPunch »

In post 94, fuzzybutternut wrote:Hooker, what was your previous account?
A new account would imply I am trying to have a fresh start. That said, a quick google search probably would solve your problems, I dunno.
Just a wraith.
HookerPunch
HookerPunch
Townie
HookerPunch
Townie
Townie

Post Post #163 (isolation #8) » Wed May 22, 2013 8:50 pm

Post by HookerPunch »

Alright, so here's my collective thoughts on this little feud war going on

--Bubba is overreacting, that's obvious to everyone. I do find it fascinating that he actually cared enough to go through the archives on fuzzy's stats, though. To me, that either means that he's a scared townie(face it, we've all been there) or playing one of the poorest scum performances I have ever seen.

--I hate people who act like fuzzy, while it does serve it's role of getting the ball rolling in a game, it's kind of destructive to one's own self-preservation and ends in getting oneself lynched more often than not. That said, from my own personal experience, this puts him in either the role of a scum or townie--I highly doubt a power role would draw such to his self. In a case like this, I do not support a lynch on fuzzy simply because the role of "the instigator" is an important one, and I would like to see his play after a night before drawing conclusions.

--I'm not sure I have anything to say on notscience besides my natural disposition to hate ponies. Same goes for JuanJuan. Neither has stoked my scum sensors, but neither has come off as inherently town.

--Everyone else has been a voice of reason, as should be obvious. Of those, I am most inclined to think Amrun is town-aligned at the moment, but I've been wrong before. I am disappointed that both him and marc find me scummy, but c'est la vie.

--Meanwhile, pitoli has yet to post. Like, I mean, I know lurking as a scum tell is kind of an antiquated notion due to VLA and stuff, but he posted yesterday in other places. Perhaps he simply forgot he was in this game, if so, once he posts I will remove my vote, but as of now, I will not let someone go without saying a single thing.

In closing, I expect this to be a short day one. This has been one of the most hostile day ones I've ever seen.
Just a wraith.
HookerPunch
HookerPunch
Townie
HookerPunch
Townie
Townie

Post Post #165 (isolation #9) » Wed May 22, 2013 9:31 pm

Post by HookerPunch »

Please finish reading the sentence.
Just a wraith.
HookerPunch
HookerPunch
Townie
HookerPunch
Townie
Townie

Post Post #167 (isolation #10) » Wed May 22, 2013 10:24 pm

Post by HookerPunch »

Okay.
Just a wraith.
HookerPunch
HookerPunch
Townie
HookerPunch
Townie
Townie

Post Post #185 (isolation #11) » Thu May 23, 2013 8:08 am

Post by HookerPunch »

Since people are taking my "he's either scum or town" sentence out of context, I should clarify in I said he's either scum or a townie, but not a power role. I figured that was apparent in my last post, but I guess not.
Oh, dear God.

Don't leave this queue or the mini normal queue, then. This is a really nicey-nice game.
Perhaps I am misremembering, then, I don't doubt it could happen. I know by the end of my last run, I was the one in fuzzy's position, but otherwise the discussion was civil.

@AJ: While I am not posting as much as others, I would argue that I am attempting to contribute, but whatever. I won't fight a worthless battle of definitions at this stage in the game.

In any case, I was trying to give the benefit of the doubt to bubba, but his last post is bothersome to me, mostly due to the "I'm a proud black woman who don't need no meta" routine, but something about it feels...off? Perhaps it's just fear, but this whole time bubba is being defensive to an almost scummy degree, if that can be a thing.
UNVOTE:
VOTE: bubbajack8
Just a wraith.
HookerPunch
HookerPunch
Townie
HookerPunch
Townie
Townie

Post Post #199 (isolation #12) » Thu May 23, 2013 8:26 am

Post by HookerPunch »

Hmm? You were voting for bubba? In truth, I hadn't been paying attention to the vote distribution much, since I don't have much to say regarding where votes are placed at the moment. And you had already changed your vote to me when I wrote my post. Fair enough, follow your heart and all that, but I will say voting bubba was not an attempt to save face with anyone.

Actually, that's a half-lie. I didn't realize that votes for lurkers are apparently out-of-vogue. Now I do.
Just a wraith.
HookerPunch
HookerPunch
Townie
HookerPunch
Townie
Townie

Post Post #236 (isolation #13) » Thu May 23, 2013 5:37 pm

Post by HookerPunch »

UNVOTE: bubbajack8

I'm willing to excuse his last post that I voted for him for as general panic/noobiness. And, truthfully, I am adamantly against voting for anyone fuzzy has voted for at the moment.

DOTA match incoming--post more in a bit.
Just a wraith.
HookerPunch
HookerPunch
Townie
HookerPunch
Townie
Townie

Post Post #237 (isolation #14) » Thu May 23, 2013 8:36 pm

Post by HookerPunch »

I find fuzzy's behavior more curious right now. I am in the boat still at the moment that he is probably town, but marcmann makes a point that his actions are fairly paradoxical.

Notscience seems fairly defensive, but truthfully, I am ambivalent to policy lynches, since in a game like this, it almost makes half-sense on day one. Otherwise, I don't have much to say. I am not opposed to a ns lynch, but I feel no particular pull just yet towards him.

(P-EDIT: Re-reading his conversation with AiF in the last two pages endears notscience to me less)

Amrun has completely avoided my notice, truthfully. That said, outside of his condescension on the noobs in the game, which is somewhat justifiable, since the noobs(myself included) have said some silly statements in this thread. His contributions have been solid, though, and without some more evidence, I don't support an Amrun lynch just yet.

AiF is fine. They haven't really contributed too much, but acting as the level-headed inquisitor has been useful.

(P-EDIT: I really don't like the AiF-NS conversation on the last page on either end. It feels almost scripted. Not making real acusations yet, but...)

Other people I've either made my opinion on clear, or I have little to say on them.
Just a wraith.
HookerPunch
HookerPunch
Townie
HookerPunch
Townie
Townie

Post Post #246 (isolation #15) » Fri May 24, 2013 7:58 am

Post by HookerPunch »

I am actually curious as to why Amrun finds me less suspicious now. Like, I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth, but the unvote with no real justification for the change in opinion seems like a shaky attempt to buddy to me in case she flips scum.
Just a wraith.
HookerPunch
HookerPunch
Townie
HookerPunch
Townie
Townie

Post Post #252 (isolation #16) » Fri May 24, 2013 10:03 am

Post by HookerPunch »

GiF, what's your read on Amrun and fuzzy at the moment?
Just a wraith.
HookerPunch
HookerPunch
Townie
HookerPunch
Townie
Townie

Post Post #281 (isolation #17) » Sat May 25, 2013 5:19 pm

Post by HookerPunch »

In post 277, Hoopla wrote:hey bubbajack, you don't need to respond to every single thing someone says to you. lets tighten it up. those quote stripes are killing me.
Someone finally said it.
if he is scum, then his buddies haven't been under pressure all day.
Can you clarify this for me Hoopla?

Sorry 'bout my slight absence--the StarCityGames circuit is in town this weekend, so I was out there. Anyways, as for the current wagons, I feel extremely hesitant to jump on the Amrun train, despite being mildly skeptical of her--I don't feel particularly confident on the three people really voting for her.

JKMatthews--Okay, I see both sides of the argument. Bubba did a lot of the legwork in post 258 on the town-argument, but the others have rightfully pointed out an amount of philophosizing and shallowness. In addition, the people I am more likely to trust are against him, so there is that. Being said, I am not ready to commit to a JKM wagon just yet.

Which leads me to notscience. After re-reading notscience's vote history & posts since the point Hoopla pointed out, I am more and more liking this wagon. His three votes--Amrun, fuzzy, and I--have always been after someone else voted on them, but not only that, but someone who got some bad PR directly before his votes. I'm unsure if he's just being reactionary or not(it's possible), but I'm more willing to believe he's trying to push a wagon early in an attempt to get the tempo ball rolling in all cases. Ergo, I am willing to put down the ultimatum of a VOTE: notscience.
Just a wraith.
HookerPunch
HookerPunch
Townie
HookerPunch
Townie
Townie

Post Post #289 (isolation #18) » Sun May 26, 2013 1:17 pm

Post by HookerPunch »

UNVOTE: not science While I will probably revote him, I wanna hear from JKM's replacement in case anyone tries to steal the day.
Just a wraith.
HookerPunch
HookerPunch
Townie
HookerPunch
Townie
Townie

Post Post #318 (isolation #19) » Sun May 26, 2013 9:26 pm

Post by HookerPunch »

Okay, I'm going to go into my own personal philosophy here a bit--bear with me a bit.

I don't like commiting to things. I am fairly easily swayed by people's arguments(a personal failing of mine), so I make it a measure to not try and get attached to one line of thought. Wagons come and go, as they were, and half the time I cannot help but muster a "meh". Day one lynches are important for future days, but the reasons for a day one lynch are fairly nonsensical and have a tendency to be based on weak evidence. There are things to read into the vote, but it becomes more apparent after a nightkill usually--he who dies is vindicated in a sense. I'm actually not sure what i'm typing here, so I guess I should summarize by saying I hate day ones. Literally the worst day of the game.

My L-1 vote on notscience, I immediately regretted, but I couldn't really back down from that course of action, considering it's boldness. I've tried to stay ambivalent to the whole affair, because I do get both scum vibes and town vibes from him, but I kinda got bored for a moment and forgot the bigger picture. His defensiveness to me doesn't paint him favorably in my eyes(not necessarily because he is FoS'ing me, day ones are dumb and people really have no idea), but it did, combined with my immediate regret, give him enough benefit of the doubt to allow me to reprieve him for a while.

I do admit, from JKM's posts, he seems to share similar sentiment as me in regards to day ones, but on reading his posts in isolation, he truly hasn't contributed much, I cannot deny. Much less than notscience at least.

You know who has commit less though? Marcmann, but at least he brought up hypocrisy at one point.

You wanna know who has contributed absolutely nothing? Nobody Special--seriously, go read his posts. Of the six, three don't matter than the other three have very little content.

Tangentially, fuzzy's continued obtuseness bothers me. Like, I actually am coming around to the idea that a policy lynch might not have been the worst idea we could have done today.
Just a wraith.
HookerPunch
HookerPunch
Townie
HookerPunch
Townie
Townie

Post Post #320 (isolation #20) » Sun May 26, 2013 9:49 pm

Post by HookerPunch »

But is it the worst idea?
Just a wraith.
HookerPunch
HookerPunch
Townie
HookerPunch
Townie
Townie

Post Post #356 (isolation #21) » Mon May 27, 2013 6:08 pm

Post by HookerPunch »

Hey, marcmann, a post I can actually get behind.

@bubba:
1. So you just want to jump on any wagon even if you are meh about it?

2. So you kept a vote on someone even though you regretted it?

Rest of the post: And then you shift focus to people not talking, and yet don't unvote? Wowzas.
1. Kinda, yeah. I try not to really hop on wagons too much, especially day one, but if I can find one with some merit, since I hate day ones, I might get bored and join one for the hell of it. Some are better than others--I felt decent about the notscience wagon, so I jumped on. It doesn't make it not a bad decision though.

2. I think you missed the post where I unvoted(post 296) notscience.

Anyways, I actually quite support at least lighting the fire on Nobody Special so he posts something.

VOTE: Nobody Special
Just a wraith.
HookerPunch
HookerPunch
Townie
HookerPunch
Townie
Townie

Post Post #403 (isolation #22) » Tue May 28, 2013 8:58 pm

Post by HookerPunch »

Can someone lay out the case against jon for me? Perhaps I'm being obtuse, but I'm not really seeing it. That's in addition to my doubts with those on the wagon.
Just a wraith.
HookerPunch
HookerPunch
Townie
HookerPunch
Townie
Townie

Post Post #405 (isolation #23) » Tue May 28, 2013 10:33 pm

Post by HookerPunch »

I will most likely be writing a longerish post tomorrow. I try to make at least one post a day, but I didn't feel like trying to reason out a longer post at three in the morning, but I do feel I need to address the Jon wagon in my next post, so I wanted to get that question out there.

That said, the discussion has moved on from the point where I became weary of you, and there are certainly bigger fish to try at the moment. I have no interest in lynching players I am inclined to trust. My suspicion of you, I might have overstated. That said, if you do turn up scum, the buddying attempt looked kind of vapid and obvious.
Just a wraith.
HookerPunch
HookerPunch
Townie
HookerPunch
Townie
Townie

Post Post #406 (isolation #24) » Tue May 28, 2013 10:34 pm

Post by HookerPunch »

EBWOP: I need to vary my sentence structure more, reading my post hurt my eyes.
Just a wraith.
HookerPunch
HookerPunch
Townie
HookerPunch
Townie
Townie

Post Post #429 (isolation #25) » Wed May 29, 2013 9:16 am

Post by HookerPunch »

In post 408, Amrun wrote:Hooker, I am not sure you understand what buddying is, or when it is used or why.
I am aware of what buddying is, which is why I said what you were doing was a very blatant and poorly-done case of it, if that is what you were trying to accomplish.

I disagree with the jon wagon, it seems a bit opportunistic. I like my vote where it is for the moment, even if we don't intend to lynch NobodySpecial.

I don't know what bubba is thinking at this point.

Fuzzy is displaying some forethought now it appears.

While I feel much more hesitant to the notscience wagon right now, I still believe it to be a decent choice. The other wagons, I am undecided on.
Just a wraith.
HookerPunch
HookerPunch
Townie
HookerPunch
Townie
Townie

Post Post #431 (isolation #26) » Wed May 29, 2013 9:53 am

Post by HookerPunch »

I thought I remember you saying that you don't care what wagon you join, but now you care about other people's wagons?
I hate day one lynches, like I really do. It's most based off weak evidence and useless stuff. However, that does not mean I don't care about what wagon I join--I want to join a wagon that at the very least has the best bad evidence, in this case, I feel the jon wagon is even less based in reality than the other wagons, so I am not joining it.
Just a wraith.
HookerPunch
HookerPunch
Townie
HookerPunch
Townie
Townie

Post Post #447 (isolation #27) » Thu May 30, 2013 10:15 am

Post by HookerPunch »

In post 435, fuzzybutternut wrote:HP sounds like scum trying to buddy.

I'm displaying no forethought, because I NEVER display forethought.

Carpe Diem, bitches.
My forethought comment mostly came about from the unvote a page back. From your play, you didn't seem like the type to not just jump from vote to vote, and unvoting in that case seemed to me to be a pretty clear indication that you were displaying forethought.

But, okay, doing some bizarre psuedo-reverse-OMGUS thing is fine too.
Just a wraith.
HookerPunch
HookerPunch
Townie
HookerPunch
Townie
Townie

Post Post #471 (isolation #28) » Thu May 30, 2013 4:36 pm

Post by HookerPunch »

Lol @ bubba saying my RVS vote is indicative of anything. More later.
Just a wraith.
HookerPunch
HookerPunch
Townie
HookerPunch
Townie
Townie

Post Post #472 (isolation #29) » Thu May 30, 2013 5:51 pm

Post by HookerPunch »

Actually, i don't have much to say to bubbajack--he's clearly made up his mind, just got to hope more calm minds prevail. I will say, since everyone is trying to say I am/was supporting a policy lynch, I want to quote the statement that people seem to be drawing this conclusion from.
Tangentially, fuzzy's continued obtuseness bothers me. Like, I actually am coming around to the idea that a policy lynch might not have been the worst idea we could have done today.
I figured at the time, that this was a pretty obvious semi-sarcastic statement, but clearly not. Let me reiterate, then, I do not support any sort of policy lynch. I do think it is a better idea than some, though(i.e. No Lynch).

Actually, I just came up to a statement to bubba--why are you placing so much emphasis on who I haven't voted for? I mean, bussing is a thing.
Just a wraith.
HookerPunch
HookerPunch
Townie
HookerPunch
Townie
Townie

Post Post #514 (isolation #30) » Fri May 31, 2013 1:56 pm

Post by HookerPunch »

Okay, so fuzzy's vote is null in my eyes. Bubba's I can't really argue with- he's been onto me obstinantly since the game started-.

Now, kthxbai's vote is the one I'm curious about. Not even twelve hours ago, I wasn't even in his top two guess. However, without any input from me, he has decided that I need to go to L-1, to "see my true colors". Okay. While I truly believe bubba is just misguided, this just sounds bloodthirsty and scummy. I understand being bored and wanting the day to end(hell, I am bored and want this day to end), but giving the chance for scum to hop on a train for free is stupid.

I am reminded of JKM's very timely replace out the second he's under pressure. When I'm not on my phone, I should reread kthxbai's posts, perhaps they will redeem him, but until that point, VOTE: kthxbai.

PS goddamn, I wish the more reasonable voices were here.
Just a wraith.
HookerPunch
HookerPunch
Townie
HookerPunch
Townie
Townie

Post Post #521 (isolation #31) » Fri May 31, 2013 2:37 pm

Post by HookerPunch »

Hmm. Well, that changes things. UNVOTE: for now then, it seems my primary evidence was just me not paying attention.

To answer your question, Jon, I guess I don't care anymore(seriously, googling Hooker Punch brings up my steam profile which is my old username here too), my old username was Natirasha--Hoopla might remember me, but otherwise I left before everyone else joined I believe. In any case, I played a ton and modded both some critically-acclaimed games and some objective failures, some of which ended in my leaving MS. It doesn't matter now, though, I've lost most of my former skill anyways.
Just a wraith.
HookerPunch
HookerPunch
Townie
HookerPunch
Townie
Townie

Post Post #526 (isolation #32) » Fri May 31, 2013 4:55 pm

Post by HookerPunch »

@gif: Jon asked, I answered.
Just a wraith.
HookerPunch
HookerPunch
Townie
HookerPunch
Townie
Townie

Post Post #531 (isolation #33) » Fri May 31, 2013 6:41 pm

Post by HookerPunch »

Well, gratz. That was a fast ride from no votes to L-1. I'm almost flattered. I admit, I'm a waffler on day one lynches, I've gone over this a couple times now so I won't repeat it again.

In response to marcmann's claims I'm non-confrontational, its mainly due to me revising my opinions. I actually do understand how I come off. At this point in the game, I like to give people the benefit of the doubt. No reason to go all blood knight day one--just go with the flow for the most part. If my death confirms s um for tomorrow, I am willing to be a martyr.

Anyways, in case notscience or juanjuan throw down the guantlet(because if any of the other four do it, that is pretty much confirmed scum, by the way), I want to list my tells.

Fuzzy-town probably. I would not be surprised if he is mafia, though. Bonus tip: if there is a second kill tonight, I would guess he's the SK.

Bubba-If you are scum, this is a masterful performance of a noobie townie.

Hoopla--blatant town, maybe more.

Amrun-i give an 80% chance of town. Some questionable acts give some doubt though.

Marcmann-check his vote history, it will be important. Doesn't talk much, but has decentish contributions. 50-50.

Jon-third party or town, I somehow doubt scum.

Aj-actually, this is one of my prime scum suspects the more I read his posts.

Notscience-this guy is annoying. Like, some of his posts are really decent and I read town, but his behavior is more indicative of scum. 60-40 town

Juanjuan-truth be told, I hardly gave even the scantest attention to this guy.

Angelinfreezer-town aligned for the most part.

Nobodyspecial-like, talk about the absolute bare minimum. People like to say I vote for people who don't talk to avoid confrontation, but giving them a free reign to not say a damn thing is just as dumb and I find that allowing this behavior to go on will just end in a mislynxh of someone town-aligned later in the game. I guess I can'tsay scum, but you guys are hella dumb.

Kthxbai-I think is probably scum. I don't likekthxbai's personality or general behavior, seems off. The biggest part was the replace out--it seems like a scum tell if I've ever seen one.
Just a wraith.
HookerPunch
HookerPunch
Townie
HookerPunch
Townie
Townie

Post Post #532 (isolation #34) » Fri May 31, 2013 6:45 pm

Post by HookerPunch »

Ebwop: on my phone, sorry for typos.
Just a wraith.
HookerPunch
HookerPunch
Townie
HookerPunch
Townie
Townie

Post Post #534 (isolation #35) » Fri May 31, 2013 8:03 pm

Post by HookerPunch »

Yea, I can get bored and join a wagon, but I also give people the benefit of the doubt. Is this somehow contradictory?
Just a wraith.
HookerPunch
HookerPunch
Townie
HookerPunch
Townie
Townie

Post Post #538 (isolation #36) » Fri May 31, 2013 11:06 pm

Post by HookerPunch »

So, kthxbai, since you led this wagon, why are you voting for me? What sparked your vote? You never answered the questions asked of you. You must have hadsome reason, marcmann and aj gave their cases after you.
Just a wraith.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”