Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1937 (isolation #0) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:07 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 1898, Tierce wrote:You need to work on your persuasive skills. Ramming lynches through with a gambit that is high-risk, low-reward is not the way to go, you don't yet have the skill to analyze the reactions you get, nor the sense of timing to figure out when a gambit needs to be cut.
Hi.

So I figured this is a good starting place to quote. I'm a player with about as many gambits to my name as completed games. There is certainly a niche for gambiting in townplay. It's a niche one has to be VERY careful exploiting. Wake's failure was not in launching the gambit; but in expecting the reactions to it to confiorm to one pre-conceived notion of what "town always reacts with"
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1940 (isolation #1) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:18 pm

Post by Cabd »

Okay wake, fun fact. I've faked a cop result on ffery too, in the past. Want to guess why everyone is pissed at you and nobody is pissed at me? And no, the answer isn't that I was right.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1945 (isolation #2) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:23 pm

Post by Cabd »

Wrong to both of your guesses.

First, yes, it was my own read of her slot as town that caused me to fakeclaim an innocent on her. However, this is why gambits can work, I weighed the risks of being wrong. I didn't spring a guilty tunnel the day before lylo; where being incorrect means a game loss.

If you go run my wiki; I gambit tons.

The difference between you and I wake, when it comes to gambits, is that I know what i'm doing, whereas you're just running through the motions. Your gambit was rigid; mine are fluid.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1952 (isolation #3) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:43 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 1950, Wake1 wrote:
In post 1948, Claus wrote:Hey! Nice game! I am a friend of MME and was espectating.

Very nice job ICE! I had Regfan as very possible scum (he smelled like Yossarian), but I'm not sure I would have been able to catch you.

In post 1930, Wake1 wrote:I want to know what I did right in this game, so I can put it on steroids.

Please help me, guys.
I used to play a few years ago, so my site meta may be a bit off but I used to be a much stronger town than scum player in the day. So here are my two cents.

Start taking some blame (and no, you are not, you are still trying to blame town for not cooperating with you). You fucked up. Don't try to "look for a silver lining" in your play. You only need one thing: humility. You are asking everyone to see what you did good, but did you stop to see where other people did good? Or, heavens forbid, what they did better than you?

The entire game you were playing by yourself. You complain that you cannot be a team player if people don't help you out. Guess what: to get sympathy, you need to FIRST GIVE sympathy. To get help, you need to FIRST GIVE HELP. Damn, working at health care I would think you would have this down.

So stop trying to think what is this great thing that make you an unique town hero, and start thinking how you can HELP other players. Think about what YOU can do to work together with them. Stop demanding, start giving.

Good luck!
I can help by providing massive amounts of information in my ISO. That suits me.
The point

You
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1955 (isolation #4) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:50 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 1954, Wake1 wrote:But I will tell you that kind of snark isn't going to help me listen to you.
Apparently nothing will, given the multitude of ways players have approached you in postgame.

You're acting like a teenage girl on facebook fishing for compliments. YOU fucked up. YOU need to own up that this was your worst game (if you have one worse than this I'll be amused) Stop asking for "what I did right"
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1961 (isolation #5) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:12 pm

Post by Cabd »

You really ought to have taken your own advice.

In post 2172, Wake1 wrote:I thought my gambit was worth the risk at that time, because I could have taken not one but two NKs that Night, protecting Town. I think I'll stop doing gambits, because they're rarely if ever accepted in general.

As for the insults and personal vitriol, it's not warranted. Being mad over gameplay isn't a good enough reason to personally attack someone. That applies to me as well, and don't even try to make me laugh HP about me deserving insults because my actions "insulted everyone." What a BS excuse to come from someone who keeps up the appearance of being a civil intellectual.

Yeah, I say hurtful, stupid things when I'm stressed, but at least I admit it's all wrong and don't make excuses for it. I'd like to see if Matias, HP, and others can do the same as well. I sort of think they might be too proud or cocksure to do so. You can blacklist me if you want, but it'd be a reckless rush to judgement.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1972 (isolation #6) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:29 pm

Post by Cabd »

He's trolling you.
Cabd