Mephistopheles
Mephistopheles
Townie
Mephistopheles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #26 (isolation #1) » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:33 am

Post by Mephistopheles »

In post 23, My Milked Eek wrote:I placed my vote for something else and I realized pie-ice afterwards, but it's good to see I'm not the only one.
What was the something else?

Also - about this pie-ice connection. Are y'all voting him because he voted away from pie immediately following two votes for pie, as a sort of attempt to de-rail that "wagon," or something else? Because if that's the case, given RVS, I don't really see that as suspicious. If I'm missing the point, though, please clarify.

And who the hell is Annie?
Mephistopheles
Mephistopheles
Townie
Mephistopheles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #31 (isolation #2) » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:35 am

Post by Mephistopheles »

In post 28, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 26, Mephistopheles wrote:
In post 23, My Milked Eek wrote:I placed my vote for something else and I realized pie-ice afterwards, but it's good to see I'm not the only one.
What was the something else?

Also - about this pie-ice connection. Are y'all voting him because he voted away from pie immediately following two votes for pie, as a sort of attempt to de-rail that "wagon," or something else? Because if that's the case, given RVS, I don't really see that as suspicious. If I'm missing the point, though, please clarify.

And who the hell is Annie?
Pie claimed three scumreads in the reads list. Two of them were OMGUSes, whatever. I do that in RVS.

One of them wasn't, and was on IceNinja. This suggests a legitimate scumread, which would be the one worthy of a vote, and yet the vote went on to one of the random people

That doesn't add up.
Thank you for the clarification.
In post 30, Remembrance wrote:Finally, I can log in.

Hey FF and GIF.

VOTE: radiantcowbells
Seems odd that you've avoided commenting on any relevant reads going on in-thread and instead chosen to continue the RVS.

UNVOTE: pieguyn
VOTE: Remembrance
Mephistopheles
Mephistopheles
Townie
Mephistopheles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #94 (isolation #3) » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:35 pm

Post by Mephistopheles »

In post 32, Remembrance wrote:^ Why did you thank him for that clarification, then unvote? What do you think about Radiant's opinion on Pie and Ice?
It's interesting but not lynch-worthy - there are other explanations for Radiant's point (ones I would rather not point out until Pie has a chance to discuss them). I also figured that since others were pressuring that issue with their votes my vote would be better placed providing pressure elsewhere. You've added input very soon after your original post though, so I'm less suspicious of you right now.
Sound of Silence wrote:I don't think so.
What made you think that way, just for curiosity? Because I didn't got that feeling.
The vote was for ICE, so I focused on his posts while searching for the tell, not pie's.
Flameaxe wrote:Are you town?
Yes.
hayatoBL wrote:Why is the vote on Ice but not on Pie, who is according to your theory bussing her scum partner?
I would also like an answer to this question.
Mephistopheles
Mephistopheles
Townie
Mephistopheles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #98 (isolation #4) » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:45 am

Post by Mephistopheles »

RadiantCowbells wrote:Pie made a weird associative tell with IceNinja, which is only meaningful if both are scum.
Is this associative tell what you pointed out about the scum list? If so, why is that only meaningful if both are scum?
Mephistopheles
Mephistopheles
Townie
Mephistopheles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #160 (isolation #5) » Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:53 am

Post by Mephistopheles »

In post 144, ICEninja wrote:My initial post calling RC "obvtown" wasn't particularly serious, though as the first few pages went on I feel like RC has advanced the game most than most players, which benefits town slightly more than scum. Considering the information I had, I would say yeah he's townish.

You make a good point, however, and I am now somewhat suspicious of him.
Flameaxe wrote: Ice: I don't have to vote based on one post. Get the fuck off that high horse asswipe.
That's a very seriously strong reaction for a fairly casual accusation.

Also, if it was just one ordinary post maybe not, but you specifically stated it was "probably in the top 10 bad posts of the year.", which is a SERIOUSLY strong accusation. Trying to endorse the main wagon without being on it? Check. Over the top reaction? Check. Attempting to attack me and discredit me? Check.

Unvote, vote Flameaxe
. I'm quite comfortable with this vote, considering how early in the game this is.
I don't like this post at all. The only legitimate scumtell you point to when you vote Flameaxe is "trying to endorse the main wagon without being on it." Above that, in the same post, you endorse a smaller wagon without being on it. You list "over the top reaction" and "attempting to attack me and discredit me" right along side the only legitimate point, fluff arguments that don't reflect alignment. It's also worth noting that you jumped off of the leading wagon to make this vote - your previous motivation for voting Pieguyn was simply that the wagon is Town-driven, not any tells or evidence you dug up yourself.

All in all, this post reads like scum who feels pressured to make a vote with original contribution. You knew you didn't contribute to the Pie wagon that you were on, and felt like people were going to notice, so you jump on a fairly neutral comment, one that seems to fit Flameaxe's cocksure personality, and beef it up with nonsense (strong reaction, attacking me) to add more weight to it.

UNVOTE: Remembrance
VOTE: ICEninja
Mephistopheles
Mephistopheles
Townie
Mephistopheles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #204 (isolation #6) » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:40 am

Post by Mephistopheles »

ICEninja wrote:Right, because calling a post the top 10 worst posts of the year is EXACTLY the same thing as acknowledging someone else's point and conceding that the player on question is "somewhat suspicious". My point is that Flameaxe, by his wording, should find one player MUCH more suspicious than the one he is voting for.
I don't want to speak for Flameaxe's intent, but I don't believe worst and scummy are necessarily synonyms. If that is in fact what Flameaxe meant, then this clarification of your point takes away from they hypocrisy I originally pointed out, though I'm still suspicious of the original post.
ICEninja wrote:So you've never been persuaded to vote for a player by people you think are town? 100% of your votes are based on ONLY your reasoning? The votes on pie looked (and continue to look) good, and I am not ashamed because someone else noticed them instead of me.
That's not what the post where you voted Pieguyn said, though. You said the wagon looked like it was driven by Town-aligned players, not that you agreed with their reasoning.
Remembrance wrote:But no, replace outs are not nulls. People like to think that way in the interest of fairness, but I'm pragmatic. I take what I can get.
Are you suggesting that one alignment is more likely to replace out than the other?
Mephistopheles
Mephistopheles
Townie
Mephistopheles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #312 (isolation #7) » Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:04 am

Post by Mephistopheles »

'Sup guys.

I'll be caught up and throw in my two cents sometime tonight. Sorry about falling off the face of the earth for a little bit there!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”