Isaac
Isaac
Goon
Isaac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (isolation #0) » Thu Jul 24, 2003 9:18 am

Post by Isaac »

I admit that it sounds suspicious, but I don't want to give the mafia the chance to bandwagon someone to death on the first day, so I'll just say I'm going to vote Kerplunk in a day or two if he hasn't explained himself.
Isaac
Isaac
Goon
Isaac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (isolation #1) » Fri Jul 25, 2003 6:53 pm

Post by Isaac »

Hi, sorry I haven't been posting, but it's been a wacky couple days. Anyhows, re-reading this thread, I honestly don't see a compelling reason to vote for anyone, but here are my general thoughts. I don't really think there's a compelling reason to vote for Kerplunk, he made a joke at the beginning of the game, not really suspicious at all. Someone seems a bit suspicious, in particular his admission that he is a robot, but he has some sort of convoluted role strikes me as a stalling tactic. Also, I find it a little suspicious that Darkblade would ask all good robots to identify themselves in the thread, although I can certainly see the "good" reason why he would do so. Anyhows, sorry if this wasn't that helpful, but I just wanted to keep active and share my thoughts.
Isaac
Isaac
Goon
Isaac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (isolation #2) » Mon Jul 28, 2003 7:32 am

Post by Isaac »

Reading all this over, I can't help but be really suspicious of Someone. He seems really opposed to a no lynch, which seems to say to me that he is overly willing to take a chance on killing an innocent. It is early in the game, and I can't see how a no lynch would really hurt the town. We are pretty much chosing randomly, so we're obviously more likely to kill an innocent. In addition, Someone but a FOS on Werebear for a reason that I find flimsy at best, but right after Werebear suggested lynching Someone just to be safe. This just screams "desperate attempt to change the subject" to me. Finally, even though he said he was neutral a while ago, he has made no attempt to clear up what this means, even though we've been discussing it at length, nor have any other neutral robots come forward to even support the idea that there
are
neutral robots at all.

So, I think Someone is scum of some stripe, and I'm reluctant to let him live past today. Nonetheless, I kind of want to see what he says tomorrow, but I say that if he doesn't tell us more about his role and what it means to be neutral, we lynch him.
Isaac
Isaac
Goon
Isaac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (isolation #3) » Mon Jul 28, 2003 10:47 am

Post by Isaac »

Okay, once again, Someone posts without giving any actual information. How can you help the town? What are your winning conditions? Until he answers these questions in a straightforward manner, I'm going to have to cast vote 5 for Someone.

vote: Someone
Because he is not forthcoming with information, and because of the reasons I put forth in my previous post.
Isaac
Isaac
Goon
Isaac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (isolation #4) » Mon Jul 28, 2003 2:14 pm

Post by Isaac »

Stewie wrote:
Are you crazy?! If Someone isn't mafia or serial killer, and there's one mafia that wasn't voting for him, we could be lynching an inocent guy!

If you wanna put pressure on him, 4 votes are ok.
Yeah, but he had four votes on him, and he was still giving the same evasive answers. Besides, at very least we know that he's not on our side, and he's most likely scum. I feel justified in my vote.
Isaac
Isaac
Goon
Isaac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (isolation #5) » Mon Jul 28, 2003 2:47 pm

Post by Isaac »

Hmm, now this is getting interesting. We have two people (assuming they're human) claiming to be robot hunters. Oh well, I guess I am going to

Unvote: Someone

until such time as we sort this out.
Isaac
Isaac
Goon
Isaac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (isolation #6) » Tue Jul 29, 2003 9:08 pm

Post by Isaac »

I'm still perturbed by the fact that Someone claimed to be a robot hunter. In game this size, i find it strange that there would be two different robot hunters. Also, there is the chance that robot hunters are not full cops, robots may be a sub-set in the game, we haven't really discussed this at length. So I find it highly unlikely that we would have two half cops, or even two real cops in the same game, even if one is "neutral." So here's what I can get from Someone's role claim. Someone is either

1) telling the truth, in which case Kerplunk was lying earlier and we bandwagoned scum by happy chance, or

2) incompetent/lazy/rushed/inexperienced (or a combination of those) and claimed the same role Kerplunk did.

Now, I haven't been playing long, so I could be totally off the mark about how likely it is that there are two robot hunters, so if I am, please correct me. But Someone still seems the most suspicious here by a long shot, especially because he
still
hasn't revealed his winning condition. Anyways, by my count, Someone has four votes, and I'm unwilling to cast another vote until I get more feedback from the town on what you all think.
Isaac
Isaac
Goon
Isaac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (isolation #7) » Mon Aug 04, 2003 3:22 pm

Post by Isaac »

Or, for that matter, anyone who defended Someone. Someone so bungled his own defence that mostly people went from skeptical to convinced he was scum, but no one really jumped to his defense. At best, his "defenders" just wanted to wait a day to lynch him.

Now, the revelation of this mad doctor at the end of the last day tells us a bit about the mafia we're against. I would guess a human mad doctor (godfather) and robot mafia. So I'm thinking that the robots in this game are a sub-group, with some being bad and some being good.

Next question I have: We have a known robot hunter. Why wasn't he killed last night? Why the random kills? My thoughts are that the robot hunter may be of use of the mafia, even if he has town win conditions. How? The best I can come up with is that our mad doctor godfather can convert (reprogram) robots. Thus, finding other robots helps them, but also could help the town, as the rest of the mafia is robot. Obviously, I don't have any real evidence for this later part, it's just speculation and me working from the logic of the roles. Anyhows, any thoughts?

Oh, and I don't know if the anti-robot revolutionary leader is necessarily a mason, I assumed an army veteran who could only kill robots or something, but again, we don't know definately.

What does everyone think?
Isaac
Isaac
Goon
Isaac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (isolation #8) » Wed Aug 06, 2003 6:06 am

Post by Isaac »

Kerplunk wrote: Not So Bad:
Isaac
, a few remarks at Someone's evilness but no votes as I recall

Actually, if you'll recall I got pretty fed up with Someone near the end and cast a fifth vote for him, sending Stewie into a bit of a tizzy. Anyhows, when Stewie was all angry with me for casting a fifth vote for Someone, he said that four would be enough to force a roll claim. Seeing as how he has three votes now, that should, also, be enough to force a role claim. So if his next post isn't forthcoming, I'm going to vote stewie (you'll notice, if you re-read all these posts, that I do a lot more time
threatening
to vote for someone than I do actual voting. I don't like voting unless I'm certain, and threats are hard for scum to bandwagon. :wink:
Isaac
Isaac
Goon
Isaac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (isolation #9) » Sat Aug 09, 2003 9:01 pm

Post by Isaac »

bane221 wrote:I still maintain that due to the townie pm's wording there are no "good" robots. All robots are bad. Hence Stewie's role claim, of being a Protector robot, seems... odd...
Riiight. Let's review the facts, shall we?

1) Kerplunk himself says that he hunts "bad" robots (implying good).

2)We most likely have at least one human mafia (the mad doctor, who owns the robots)

3)Stewie has claimed to be a good robot.

Now, the most important thing here is that you would have us believe that a mafia member would more or less admit that he's mafia in his role claim. Let's face it, Stewie wouldn't claim to be a robot unless he was one. I've never thought that it was as simple as robot=bad. Robots are a sub group within the game. Kerplunk is clearly not a full investigator, as he doesn't find out what roles people have, he just finds out if they are robot or not.

Now, who is suspicious? First off, Bane. Bane makes mention of the townie PM, but he doesn't mention particulars. He's not the first one to mention it, either. On the first day, Jadesmar said that the townie PM could indicate that robots are bad. Bane just picked this up today and ran with it, saying that the townie PM made it clear that robots = evil. However, I'm pretty much convinced that robots are not necessarily evil. So what's going on here? Either 1) the townie PMs were written in such a way as to create anti-robot feelings and get us into the mess we're in now, of almost lynching our doctor or 2) Bane's full of it. I haven't seen any evidence that contradicts number two, so I'm to

FOS: Bane221

Who else? of course, Darkblade. He's been jumping on every bandwagon there is, particularly the bandwagon against Kerplunk AFTER Kerplunk claimed robot hunter. He FOSed Someone, but never did much after that (although he explained that part, if you chose to believe him). He was going to bandwagon Stewie as well. Finally, and this is what made me suspicious of him in the first place, was the fact that he seemed so intent on finding out not only if there were good robots, but who the good robots were on the first day. This makes me think that Darkblade is our godfather, who is of course the mad scientist. This is also why I think that Darkblade can re-program good robots. So yes,

FOS: Darkblade
Isaac
Isaac
Goon
Isaac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (isolation #10) » Sat Aug 09, 2003 9:03 pm

Post by Isaac »

On futher thought, I am willing to go so far as to

vote: darkblade

and as we know, I don't vote lightly. I'm convinced this guy is scum.
Isaac
Isaac
Goon
Isaac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (isolation #11) » Mon Aug 11, 2003 11:19 am

Post by Isaac »

Stewie wrote:I don't think there's proof of that, it's just a thought.
Aye, I don't have any proof of that, it's just conjecture. I was just trying to figure out why Darkblade was so insistant on knowing who good robots were. I figured it would follow logically that the scientist could do something like that.
Isaac
Isaac
Goon
Isaac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (isolation #12) » Mon Aug 11, 2003 2:30 pm

Post by Isaac »

Darkblade wrote:I'm the Futuristic Inventor. Every night a randomly invent an object that I can use. Last night I invented an object and used it (I'll keep this under wraps for now, as I think its too early to give out that information.
Not being forthcoming with information even though he's two votes away from a lynch, stalling for time... who does this sound like? As for the FOS against me, it's perposterous to anyone who has read the thread thoroughly. It should be clear to everyone that I'm interested in capturing scum, given my vigorous prosecution of Someone and the attempts I have been making to ferret out scum.

So, here's Darkblade's mafia like behavior:
1)Seeing the tables turned against him, what does Darkblade do? He FOSes the person who has been pointing him out. Classic mafia move, trying to get the attention off yourself while turning it onto the person who is onto you. Darkblade, you'd have been better off just pleading innocent. As is, I don't see any greater revelation that you are not scum.

2)Even if everything you wrote in your role claim was true, none of it precludes you from actually being the mad doctor. So what did you make last night? And give us all the details. Although I know scum like you don't like them, as they tend to cause you to trip yourself up.

Details please, until then you've just made me even more convinced you're scum.
Isaac
Isaac
Goon
Isaac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (isolation #13) » Tue Aug 12, 2003 5:10 pm

Post by Isaac »

Darkblade wrote: Bud, try looking at why I FOSed you in the first place. I didn't just FOS you for being against me. I FOSed you because on Day One, you were after me for asking about good robots even though you said that you sawe the good reason why I would. Don't twist my words around. I alos had another motive for FOSing you, see below.

You want details? Fine. But I don't think you'll like it. Last night I made a motion detector that can detect who someone targets. I targeted Issac. He targeted
Coolbot
, who is now dead. I didn't want to reveal this right off as you could have been a copish role or something.
Ah, but what is my crap logic? Hmm? You don't seem to have any actual examples of it. So why the reluctance to actually address my points? Could it have something to do with the fact that you're scum? You haven't said anything about why you were so quick to bandwagon Kerplunk and Stewie.

Well, this is all pointless blather now anyway. Your 'revelation' has confirmed to me 100% that you're scum. Now, I didn't want to role claim this early in the game, but the fact is that I know you're scum, and I figure I can do so with two scum out (when we lynch you today, naturally) and the town will still win, although i'll probably die tonight. How do I know you're lying? Simple.

You're right, I do have a cop role: I'm the robot investigator. And I did target someone last night: you. To be specific, I followed you from your home and saw you pull out a big remote control and press the button, at which time I blanked out. This, combined with the fact that you were so busy after asking for good robots yesterday, is what gave rise to the "reprogramming robots" idea I was pushing earlier. Godfathers are usually immune to investigation, so I was pretty sure that you were the godfather when we started today. Your mafialike behavior during the day did nothing to dissuade me, and the lie you just wrote up there clinched it. Well, that's that. Die scum, die.
Isaac
Isaac
Goon
Isaac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (isolation #14) » Wed Aug 13, 2003 10:08 am

Post by Isaac »

Stewie wrote:I'm sure of one thing: either darkblade or isaac is scum, the other is not. And the posts so far go against darkblade, but I'm gonna hold my vote for now.
Well, look at it this way:

If i'm scum, why would I make such a specific roleclaim and stake everything on killing one townie when another of my mafiosi is already dead? I mean, let's face it, if Darkblade isn't scum, and the town lynches him today, i'm going to get lynched tomorrow, leaving the town with one mafia member and five townies (or maybe four townies and a serial killer). So why would i so periously endanger the position of the mafia just for the sake of killing one inventor, who i could just kill tonight? I mean, it's not even like Darkblade's claiming to be a cop or a doctor or anything so useful to the town. It makes even less sense for me to be the serial killer, as I would just be getting myself killed tomorrow and helping both the mafia and the town in the process.

Darkblade, on the other hand, is making a much more open ended role claim. He no doubt sees things going like this: I get lynched by the town, you guys find out i was telling the truth about being an investigator, and he can say he was telling the truth about me investigating coolbot. Meanwhile, he managed to take out the town's cop and get off scot free. Darkblade is playing well, because he's giving himself an out for when you guys kill me and allow himself to get away with it, but i've painted myself into a wall: if i'm not telling the truth i'm dead, if he's not, he can weasel out of it. If this, combined with all that i've done on this board compared to what Darkblade has done, doesn't convince y'all, I don't know what will.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Coolbot's blood IS on my hands in some way. I have maintained a suspicion since this morning that since I targeted Darkblade, he was able to control me as a robot and kill someone, so we don't have a serial killer, but instead a mafia who can control a good robot, probably with some strong restrictions. Ever since Stewie outed himself as a robot today, I have felt it was imperative to kill Darkblade today, as I don't want him alive tonight, because even if he can only control one person a night, it will allow him to kill two townies and basically crush our chances as a town of winning. So yeah, once again, let's get the vote out for Darkblade.
Isaac
Isaac
Goon
Isaac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (isolation #15) » Wed Aug 13, 2003 1:10 pm

Post by Isaac »

Darkblade wrote:Two additional arguements against Issac

It seems we have a little too many "cops" in 'ere town. Kerplank is a cop with the name "Robot Investigator" (If I remember correctly), while Issac is named "Robot Investigator" also. I smell scum.
Grasping, buddy. I'm an investigator, i follow people and see what they do at night. I am also a robot. Therefore, i am the robotic investigator. Kerplunk is a human who determines if players are robots. Just wanted to clear up that little factual mistake you made. At any rate, i'm done sparring with you, Kingpin is right, we've made our arguments, let's let the town decide.
Isaac
Isaac
Goon
Isaac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (isolation #16) » Fri Aug 15, 2003 10:22 am

Post by Isaac »

We could still have ánd one mafia ánd a SK. Look at Toybox, some night the SK didn't decide to kill and the other night the mafia didn't decide to kill. Is it worth mentioning who'd you protected last night or do you think it's better to keep that info confidential?[/quote]

I assumed from what Darkblade said before he was lynched that he caught me investigating and reprogrammed me temporarily for a night to kill. So, I think there's probably only just one mafia left or one serial killer left, probably mafia. As Kerplunk noted earlier, the ability to reprogram our cop and doctor makes the mafia pretty powerful, and it would amazingly out of balance if there was also a serial killer. An as for what jadesmar is saying, a no kill night can also mean that our mafia tried to kill someone who was protected by our doctor, so let's not rule anything out right now.

As for my investigation, I never got a PM, so i'm writing to the mod to see what the deal is, then I'll report back.
Isaac
Isaac
Goon
Isaac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (isolation #17) » Fri Aug 15, 2003 10:24 am

Post by Isaac »

Sorry for the double post, but I meant to say this in my previous post: we should also remember to take everything DB said before he died with a grain of salt, he could just be trying to put us on the wrong path.
Isaac
Isaac
Goon
Isaac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (isolation #18) » Mon Aug 18, 2003 8:32 pm

Post by Isaac »

I don't know. However, here's my thoughts. So far we have the following role claims:

Isaac: Investigator
Stewie: Doctor
Kerplunk: Robot detector
Bane221: Townie
Jadesmar: townie

I'd kind of like to get role claims from Kingpin and Werebear at this point. I mean, it seems like all the crucial townie roles have been outed already, and so i figure it can't hurt to get everyone talking, as the more people are talking, the more likely it is that our mafia member trips over themselves. I should note I'm not really suspicious of Werebear or Kingpin, as I recall them both voting for both our mafa members, but still.

I got the results of my investigation again. I don't want to say who i investigated, as I didn't really learn anything. Who i followed just stayed at home and did nothing. Of course, this doesn't mean they aren't mafia, sinc eht emafia probably didn't even try to kill last night.

Now: suspicious people. The person who is most on the fence for me, suspicions wise, is Stewie. He never voted for Sugar, and only voted for Darkblade after Darkblade already had enough votes to hang. Despite this, however, I still think he's clean as no other doctor has come forward to challenge him. Since i find it highly unlikely the town was sent forth without a doctor, I believe Stewie until such time as I have a good reason not to, if that makes sense.

So, that's really all my thoughts at the moment. I'm really interested in hearing the results of Kerplunk's investigation last night. Oh, and one final thought. As someone ( i can't remember who) pointed out, it is really stupid for the mafia, or really anyone, to not kill last night. Therefore our mafia member is probably a newbie. Or just someone who wants to look like a newbie. The only other justification I can come up with is that the mafia member is so secure in the fact that they won't be lynched today that they took a night off knowing that the town would kill an innocent today, but even that doesn't make a lot of sense. But anyways. What are everyone's thoughts? Roles? etc? Let's get this game moving again! :D
Isaac
Isaac
Goon
Isaac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (isolation #19) » Mon Aug 18, 2003 9:59 pm

Post by Isaac »

Oh, Kerplunk, please. We're trying to catch mafia here.

Anyhow, your concerns:
Jadesmar claimed townie in the same way that Bane221 did, by saying that he'd gotten the townie message. I don't think it's a bit early for mass roleclaims when we've only got one mafia member left, and all the helpful town roles have been outed, but you have your opinion, and I have mine. I investigated someone who wasn't Stewie for the same reasons I wrote: because i don't htink Stewie is scum. You may have missed the point of that when i wrote such ambiguous sentences as "I believe Stewie until such time as I have a good reason not to." I was merely pointing out why people might believe him to be suspicious, and why I don't. Anyhow, I meant htat he never voted for Someone, my apologies.

Alright, the one good thing that's come out of this post from Kerplunk is that he reminded me of the fact that Bane made reference early in the game to the fact that he had gotten the townie message. However, yesterday Bane said he might have some additional information. Which makes for conflicting roles taht he hasn't explained. Also, on day two I wrote up what I feel to be a fairly comprehensive list of things that would make one suspicious of Bane. So, with all of that, and little else to work on, I'm going to

vote: Bane221

I'd like some sort of explanation of what you meant by having other information, especially if you recieved the townie message.

Kerplunk, you might want to read the thread before FOSing me, by the way. It would have occured to you that I was the prime moving force behind the killing of Darkblade yesterday. It may also have occured to you that I based my case against Darkblade mostly on my role as an investigator, and that my knowledge that he was the Godfather came from that fact. If I weren't who I say I were, there's no way I'd have known about Darkblade and gotten him killed.

Sorry if all of this is a bit snippy, but it's late, and I don't appreciate having to post responses to this sort of thing when there's probably only one mafia left and we could finish this today if we're lucky.
Isaac
Isaac
Goon
Isaac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (isolation #20) » Mon Aug 18, 2003 10:03 pm

Post by Isaac »

Kerplunk wrote:
Darkblade wrote:Well crap. Good job Isaac
Why did Darkblade posted something like this? Isaac probably did a good job, but was it for the town or for the maffia?
Sorry for the double post, but I also wanted to say this: Oh yes, I'm sure that if I were the godfather in the mafia, and one of my mafia members had orchestrated my lynching, the first thing I'd say is "good job."

jesus.
Isaac
Isaac
Goon
Isaac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (isolation #21) » Tue Aug 19, 2003 8:50 am

Post by Isaac »

Sounds good to me...

unvote:bane221

Although I would still like an explanation of what he meant the other day. Just because he's human doesn't mean that he doesn't have to explain that discrepancy. Also, I feel I must apologize to Kerplunk. I realize you were only voicing your suspicions, and I was being unnecessarily... um... grumpy in responding to them.
Isaac
Isaac
Goon
Isaac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (isolation #22) » Tue Aug 19, 2003 11:13 am

Post by Isaac »

Kingpin
Isaac
Isaac
Goon
Isaac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (isolation #23) » Fri Aug 22, 2003 12:47 pm

Post by Isaac »

I've been suspicious of jadesmar for a while (because of his votes, mostly), and really the only reason I haven't taken any stronger action is the fact that he was the first one make reference to the townie PM. Specifically he mentioned that he'd receieved it and alluded that it would bias the townie against robots. Bane later agreed to this interpretation of the PM. So i find it difficult to believe that a mafia member would take the chance of alluding to something fairly specific about the townie PM.

However, I don't think Kerplunk is scum. If he were, I don't see why he would have spared Bane, who would have been an easy lynch that day, as everyone was already suspicious of him. Unless, of course, both Kerplunk and Bane are scum, which I find somewhat.... unlikely. Also, Kerplunk voted for both Someone and Darkblade.

So, I think either Kerplunk is an insane investigator, or jadesmar is scum. Given his votes in the game so far, I'm inclined to believe the latter. I don't want to vote yet, though. Any other thoughts?
Isaac
Isaac
Goon
Isaac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (isolation #24) » Sat Aug 23, 2003 6:19 am

Post by Isaac »

True enough. Anyhow, in the absence of any better plan:

Vote: jadesmar

As Kerplunk says, it's our only lead for today.
Isaac
Isaac
Goon
Isaac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (isolation #25) » Mon Aug 25, 2003 5:17 am

Post by Isaac »

Well, he missed his chance to write the death scene on Saturday night, and he said at the beginning he wont' be around Sundays, so I imagine we'll get the day ender tonight sometime.
Isaac
Isaac
Goon
Isaac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (isolation #26) » Fri Aug 29, 2003 2:52 pm

Post by Isaac »

What's more....

Figuring that we were probably going to lynch Bane221 sometime today no matter what, I spent last night investigating Kingpin, as he was the most suspicous besides Bane to me. I saw Kingpin kill someone, although I did not see who it was. As this morning dawned with only one person dead, I say we lynch Kingpin.

vote:Kingpin
Isaac
Isaac
Goon
Isaac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (isolation #27) » Sat Aug 30, 2003 11:16 am

Post by Isaac »

which two no kill nights in a row?

night 1: Mayors son (NPC) killed (non-participation night)
day 1: lynch Someone (mafia)
night 2: kill coolbot (anti robot leader) and sugar (mayor)
day 2: lynch darkblade (godfather/mad scientist)
night 3: no kill
day 3: lynch jadesmar (townie)
night 4: I investigate Kingpin and see him killing someone, and Kerplunk is killed during the night
day 4: now

I can't see it any other way but that Kingpin killed Kerplunk. As suspicious as Bane221 has been thoughout the game, and as sure as I was that we were going to hang him today, I can't ignore what I saw with my own eyes. Although I am anxious to find out how Kingpin is going to explain this...
Isaac
Isaac
Goon
Isaac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (isolation #28) » Sat Aug 30, 2003 2:18 pm

Post by Isaac »

My, my, my. I was really hoping you'd come up with a better defense than that. Anyhow, your fishy role claim was the reason I investigated you in the first place. According to you, you were the vigilante who has one shot, but can only kill the mad scientist. But you claimed this after the mad scientist was dead, leaving you a townie. So first off, it was a easy role claim for scum to make: I used to be a vigilante, but I can only kill one person, so I can't do anything now. We (as a town) have no way of verifying such a claim. In addition, if you had a claim that was so obviously invested in being able to kill the human mad scientist, why didn't you speak up when we were debating if all humans were good, and all robots bad? Why withhold this info that we spent the greater part of a day arguing over during day two? Also, your role claim just wasn't very internally consistent. I can't remember the specifics, but Werebear called you on it only a few posts later.

So, with this in mind and knowing that investigating Bane was probably going to be redundant as he was the first on the chopping block for today, I investigated you last night, and saw you kill a shadowy figure. So asking people to look at your role claim isn't really going to help you much.

Today dawns, I report what I saw. What do you do? The same thing your godfather, Darkblade, did. You immediately try to shift the blame onto me, while providing no real reason why we should believe you. Also, the fact that you change your defence three or four times in one post sort of gives off warning bells to me. First you say that I could be mistaken, then you profess your innocence, then you say that what I've said is "crap" without any explanation of where I'm being illogical, and finally you end with FOSing me. If you're going to lie so spectacularly, the least you could do is be consistent, or failing that, coherent.

Anyhow, you haven't convinced me that I could be mistaken. Die, scum, die.
Isaac
Isaac
Goon
Isaac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (isolation #29) » Sun Aug 31, 2003 8:41 pm

Post by Isaac »

Well, let's put it this way. If i'm scum, then why in the world would I try to kill kingpin? First off, it seems like if i were trying to get the town to kill one of its own, I would go after bane221. He was easily the most vulnerable at the beginning of today, and nothing has really helped that much, least of all Werebear's investigation. If, for some reason, I were inclined to kill someone other than Bane, and I were scum, I would probably point the finger at Stewie, as he is the doctor and the most helpful person in the town. Why, however, would I single out Kingpin? If his claim is to be believed, he's essentially a townie, so why would I try to lynch him during the day? It seems as though I'd either want to go the easy route or the more productive route.

Anyway, all three of our remaining townies have said they're waiting for someone else to speak up, and I feel that unless Kingpin has some amazing last minute defense to explain to me why the fact that I saw him killing last night doesn't mean he killed Kerplunk, there's not a whole lot more to be said.
Isaac
Isaac
Goon
Isaac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (isolation #30) » Tue Sep 02, 2003 12:21 pm

Post by Isaac »

bane221 wrote:When did I unvote? Am I losing my mind? It is mine to lose so don't argue if I am :wink:
I think he's refering to when Stewie unvoted you at the beginning of the day.
Isaac
Isaac
Goon
Isaac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (isolation #31) » Wed Sep 03, 2003 10:02 am

Post by Isaac »

So we haven't had a whole lot of discussion since two days ago. I'm interested in hearing what Werebear and Bane221 have to say, and failing that, some sort of deadline?
Isaac
Isaac
Goon
Isaac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (isolation #32) » Wed Sep 03, 2003 1:50 pm

Post by Isaac »

huh? I thought you claimed townie. How did you see anyone together that night?
Isaac
Isaac
Goon
Isaac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (isolation #33) » Wed Sep 03, 2003 5:20 pm

Post by Isaac »

Well, re-skimming the thread, I can see why this explains Bane's seemingly random vote for Stewie on day 2. Anyways, I can see basically two reasons for Bane making this claim.

1) He wants to protect Kingpin by turning the attention to Stewie.
2) He saw what he saw.

Now, keeping in mind that through all of this, i'm inclined to believe Stewie, because he's the only one who's claimed doctor. I don't think that it's probable that the town was sent into the game without at least some sort of protection role. Now, here's the way I see it going down: either

1) Kingpin and Bane are both scum, and Bane is attempting to turn attention onto Stewie, our doctor to protect Kingpin. This scenario I find unlikely. First of all, the four person mafia would be much too strong, given the advantages the mafia already had in this game. Their godfather being able to "convert" the doctor and cop, for instance.

2) Bane is telling the truth. This would explain why he's been acting so wacky for most of the game. For instance, that cryptic "I have information" thing that he said during day two. His attempts to bandwagon Stewie on day two, etc. But... how am I to reconcile the fact that Bane is telling the truth with the fact that I also believe Stewie? Well... The strange thing about the night that Coolbot and Sugar died is that both Coolbot and Sugar died. That we had two kills when we probably only have one killing group. Now, I said the day after that I believed that the godfather had taken control of me when I investigated him during the night. Darkblade seemingly backed this up with his post after he died. However, it's entirely possible that Darkblade instead was lucky, and randomly took control of Stewie that night, causing him to kill Coolbot. Then, he implied that I had the next day in a classic attempt at throwing us off. Thus, Stewie is both a townie doctor, AND bane saw him with Coolbot that night.

So to wrap this up, after reading the thread, I'm content with what Bane has said, and that what he said is correct. I also am not inclined to believe that Stewie is scum. So, what should we do? I still feel like our best action is to lynch Kingpin tonight, as he's still my best lead. So what after that? If Kingpin is scum, which I'm certain he is, then the game will probably end. However, if he's scum and the game doesn't end, then we lynch Bane tomorrow for attempting to save him at the last minute.

Anyways, that's what's on my mind. I'm still determined to lynch Kingpin, though.
Isaac
Isaac
Goon
Isaac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (isolation #34) » Sat Sep 06, 2003 8:25 am

Post by Isaac »

Stewie wrote:huh? :?
Yeah, that was my reaction... I didn't see the whole revolution thing coming, which I suppose was foolish in retrospect. But yeah, if I understand this correctly, there were four different factions in this game. I guess the only way the town would have had a chance would be if we lynched Bane day three instead of Jadesmar. Curses, I was sure we had this one in the bag. Oh well.
Isaac
Isaac
Goon
Isaac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (isolation #35) » Sat Sep 06, 2003 1:23 pm

Post by Isaac »

CoolBot wrote:Yep, we won. Good claim by bane at the end pulled it off. Somewhat surprising we won with all those immune to recuitment.
I don't think it's so much Bane's claim as the fact that Kingpin was scummier, and jadesmar really screwed up the day before. For me, Bane was always the second in line to getting hanged, even on day two. It was just that there always seemed to be one person who was scummier. Oh well.
Isaac
Isaac
Goon
Isaac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (isolation #36) » Sat Sep 06, 2003 5:51 pm

Post by Isaac »

Stewie:

I don't even think that, strictly defined, there were any mafia in this game, just two cults and a serial killer. One cult to convert robots, and one cult to convert humans. That's what threw me off, and why I didn't see the end of the game coming as it did, I just didn't see the cult angle at all, even though it should have been obvious after Darkblade died.
Isaac
Isaac
Goon
Isaac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (isolation #37) » Tue Sep 09, 2003 11:36 am

Post by Isaac »

Foolster41 wrote:I admit, I realized that the prospective member was suppoosed to make a choice. After the first I made it so the others could have a choice. Otherwise the revolution It didn't really make much of a idfference since the other member(s) joined willingly.
Oh man, i totally would have gone to the mafia side :twisted:

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”