Barmacral
Barmacral
Townie
Barmacral
Townie
Townie

Post Post #19 (isolation #0) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:28 am

Post by Barmacral »

Sorry, been checking the site daily... and haven't been able to find this game. Had to ask our mod for the link. Don't worry though, I won't get hopelessly lost again.
Barmacral
Barmacral
Townie
Barmacral
Townie
Townie

Post Post #23 (isolation #1) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:53 am

Post by Barmacral »

I never cast random votes. Even now that you are all doing it, there is no real rhyme or reason to it, and nobody feel's pressure to defend themselves. Casting random votes doesn't further the game at all, so why bother?
Barmacral
Barmacral
Townie
Barmacral
Townie
Townie

Post Post #25 (isolation #2) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:08 am

Post by Barmacral »

A pressure vote makes sense. It can get a person talking. A random vote though? Who cares? Its part way through page 1, and half of the other people have a random vote on them as well, whats another one gonna do?

A random vote does nothing for the game. Now if you get two or three random votes on you (well, the later ain't so random I suppose) then it starts too build up pressure, as you are actually moving towards a lynch.

But if you disagree so much, instead of just voting me, why don't you explain why you think its so worthwhile?
Barmacral
Barmacral
Townie
Barmacral
Townie
Townie

Post Post #28 (isolation #3) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:15 am

Post by Barmacral »

Where did I say I wasn't going to vote on Day 1? I just said I didn't see the point in random votes. Getting some discussion going is good, because then it brings out stuff that can cause people to slip up... we all know that, some of us have already said that. We can do it through other means than a pointless vote.

I'll happily vote for somebody who looks suspicious to me on Day 1. I also know very well that a no-lynch is the worst possible idea out there. I don't advocate it, and in the last two or three games I've played, I've fought very hard against it. (2 of those games were elsewhere, the other one was a newbie game on here)

However, since you all seem so insistent that I must throw a random vote out there, here it is:

Vote: spectrumvoid
Barmacral
Barmacral
Townie
Barmacral
Townie
Townie

Post Post #30 (isolation #4) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:38 am

Post by Barmacral »

Sure. Innocent. I do hate random votes, but you asked for one, so I gave it to you.
Barmacral
Barmacral
Townie
Barmacral
Townie
Townie

Post Post #45 (isolation #5) » Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:19 am

Post by Barmacral »

Hey, I'll have to catch up in a few days, I'm leaving for the weekend (Canada Day) and won't be back until Monday night. I may be able to stop in tonight before I go, but thats questionable.
Barmacral
Barmacral
Townie
Barmacral
Townie
Townie

Post Post #52 (isolation #6) » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:00 am

Post by Barmacral »

Ah Ha! I do have a few minutes before I head out, well, here's my response:
Tarhalindur wrote:
Barmacral wrote:Sure. Innocent.
Claiming "innocent" doesn't really do much for me, since barring extreme stupidity every player in this game would claim "innocent" if asked whether they were innocent or guilty.
Obviously. But, provided that I did have a role of any sort, do you really think I would reveal it? As it happens, I AM innocent, but it was a dumb question, and an obvious response to the question.
I do hate random votes, but you asked for one, so I gave it to you.
Um, "but you asked for one" isn't an explanation, it's a cop-out. What convinced you to cast a random vote despite your personal dislike of the concept?[/quote]

I was somewhat aggrevated by some RL issues that day. My frustration led to that. Its not a cop-out, its exactly what I said it was. However, as spectrumvoid is still not here, I'm going to keep my vote on him, as I am interested in his unexplained absense.
Barmacral
Barmacral
Townie
Barmacral
Townie
Townie

Post Post #65 (isolation #7) » Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:43 am

Post by Barmacral »

Sorry folks, was gone a couple of day's longer than planned. I'm back.
Barmacral
Barmacral
Townie
Barmacral
Townie
Townie

Post Post #76 (isolation #8) » Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:08 pm

Post by Barmacral »

Truth be told, the only real scummy thing I was seeing was Fernando's lack of content, but he's changed that now, so nobody seems to be flying full tilt into my radar or anything. While I think the top 2 scum list is a great idea, I'll need to go through again to see anything. I'm pretty bad at analyzing, and nothing jumps out to me as scummy right now.
Barmacral
Barmacral
Townie
Barmacral
Townie
Townie

Post Post #92 (isolation #9) » Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:34 pm

Post by Barmacral »

Bleh... I had a whole thing written out to put here. Then somebody threw it out today, and garbage day was today.
Barmacral
Barmacral
Townie
Barmacral
Townie
Townie

Post Post #93 (isolation #10) » Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:52 pm

Post by Barmacral »

Sorry about the doublepost, I posted then started reading. Anyway's, I'll fullfill Aimee's first task for now, and the second task later, as the second task was what got thrown out.

Basically there's 3 points in your analysis of me.

1. I caved to pressure - Weak, not scummy
2. I'm a Lurker
3. I don't affiliate with people much

1. That was explained already, earlier in the game.

2. I am a lurker, always have been. I'm not very good at doing analysis, so I generally stay quiet, read everyone elses analysis, and base my votes off of what I agree with most. I do try to get some analysis in, but it doesn't usually come during the first day. I will do that second task though, I'm just gonna need to go back through and redo it from scratch.

3. I don't affiliate with people much- The first and last time I did that was in my first game, when I was scum. I got lynched on day 2, and my team very quickly followed me into the grave because I failed to stay apart from them. Since then I stay seperate of everyone, because of the exact reason you stated. I don't want to find myself connected to someone who comes up as scum. As soon as that happens, I'm next. Or close to it. It has saved my life before, although I have used it as scum before, and I do understand why you think it as scummy.
Barmacral
Barmacral
Townie
Barmacral
Townie
Townie

Post Post #136 (isolation #11) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:45 pm

Post by Barmacral »

I would like to apologize for my absence lately. Unfortunately my life has been too busy lately, and I am now going on a LOA.
For this reason I have sent a PM to the mod resigning from the game, so that somebody else who has more time to commit may join.

Barmacral
Barmacral
Barmacral
Townie
Barmacral
Townie
Townie

Post Post #744 (isolation #12) » Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:53 am

Post by Barmacral »

Glad to see that you guys won. Sorry I had to back out there.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”