Mini-Normal 1713: Mystery Mansion Mafia (GAME OVER)

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14 (isolation #0) » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:27 pm

Post by Accountant »

/confirm
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #17 (isolation #1) » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:35 pm

Post by Accountant »

VOTE: All Alone
for naked voting.

If he hadn't done that I would have voted Davsto for first to confirm + sp00ky avatar.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19 (isolation #2) » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:57 pm

Post by Accountant »

I feel like you're making some incredibly clever pun that just went over my head because I don't know what the hell you're talking about.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #22 (isolation #3) » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:13 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 20, Davsto wrote:His name is Colin Mochrie.

Pronounced similar to mockery.

LAUGH
He's so creepy. Like the Moch Ness Monster.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #26 (isolation #4) » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:10 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 24, Slandaar wrote:I don't feel like voting any of you at the moment, instead, I shall just let you all know that I am town. I obviously wouldn't lie to you good people so this effectively makes me confirmed town! If only every townie was as clever as me and had thought of this great way to confirm themselves the game would be so easy!

VOTE: Slandaar
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #28 (isolation #5) » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:09 am

Post by Accountant »

I know you're town. I'm actually mafia trying to push a quickhammer on a townie before people realize how confirmed he is.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #30 (isolation #6) » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:18 am

Post by Accountant »

Ripperoni

How did I get exposed so fast?
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #50 (isolation #7) » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:14 pm

Post by Accountant »

Was it really a gambit though?

It wasn't, just pre-game joking on my part. Can't speak for Slandaar, but my gut tells me he's doing the same.

What is one fm game that stands out in your memory?

I have not completed a single full game of forum mafia on this site.

Would you say you play as a better mafia scum or townie?

I think that I play better as scum, and enjoy it more. The "naughtiness" of sneaking around behind town member's backs amuses me, and I'm a big believer in the whole "knowledge is power" thing. Plus the level of coordination enjoyed by scum through night chat is just astounding.

What is the strangest fm game you ever played?

FM 7C on the Town of Salem forums. It was a forced Hydra game where you shared a slot with another player. I was the town roleblocker and ended up blocking a vanilla townie every night, stating the witch(an evil role) was confirmed town then lynching the doctor and elite bodyguard consecutively. I also ordered the vigilante to shoot a townie, and somehow managed to townread every single evil role in the game. Needless to say, a lot of shit was slung my way after the game :P

Have you ever dated anyone from fm?

No, I'm a physical asexual - I've only dated imaginary people(who are the only people that I'm attracted to).

What is a fun fact about yourself?

I'm not actually an accountant, but I do know some accountancy and I like long lists of numbers.

Whstde your issue with naked voting?

Public nudity laws aside, I don't like unreadable people in general and not backing up your vote makes you harder to read in my opinion.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #53 (isolation #8) » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:04 pm

Post by Accountant »

Expedience with that serial killer soft though
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #59 (isolation #9) » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:16 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 57, Jake from State Farm wrote:
vote: performer

Why? His RQS isn't the best, but it has generated more discussion than most of the other players so far.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #61 (isolation #10) » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:51 am

Post by Accountant »

Ah, okay, that's fine then. Wanderer, do you not like RVS? Becuase you haven't voted.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #89 (isolation #11) » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:04 pm

Post by Accountant »

I don't think that what Slandaar did was alignment indicative at all, and I'm treating it as a null tell on him. I think that SilverWolf's townreading me and Slandaar seems far-fetched, and an experienced player like him should know better. I'm not sure what to think about this, but it's possible buddying.

I think Akarin's analysis pretty much hit the nail on the head as well. I'm currently looking at the votecount and it's three votes for me three for Performer, so I think it makes sense to go ahead and

VOTE: Performer

Performer, if you could justify your vote that would be great.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #91 (isolation #12) » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:21 pm

Post by Accountant »

I think that you shouldn't be townreading based on meta. Meta is flexible, easily changed and can be used to justify almost anything. I'm sure I could find three examples of scum claiming town as well. I said you were possibly buddying because I think that you might be trying to use meta to cover up the fact that your townread is actually quite substance-less.

OT: Many apologies for the pronoun confusion.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #93 (isolation #13) » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:31 pm

Post by Accountant »

That's fine for you, but even if town!SW uses this type of thought process, scum!SW could use it too.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #95 (isolation #14) » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:06 pm

Post by Accountant »

To be clear:

You, SilverWolf, stated that you thought Slandaar and me were town.

You said it because of our actions in the first two pages, which I personally regard as a null-tell.

My train of thought then goes like this:

SilverWolf is an experienced player. She should know that claiming town is a null-tell, because it's a behavior that can be easily faked by scum(especially by scum who know that SilverWolf has played in a few games where scum claimed town at the beginning of the game). Therefore, why doesn't she realize that her townread is invalid? Well, perhaps she simply wants to find an excuse to townread someone.

Which, of course, strongly implies buddying.

On a re-read, however, I'm going to have to retract the buddying accusation. I can see why someone would want to buddy Slandaar, but I'm relatively new to this site so I don't see why anyone would want to buddy me. I still think your meta-based thought process is odd and not a good idea - in general, I would prefer more solid(preferably ISO, content or tone based) evidence for scum OR town reads in the future.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #98 (isolation #15) » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:17 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 96, SilverWolf wrote:I did use tone to read those posts. Tone was a big part of how I read them. When I have more to work with, I will be using ISO and content to anlayze. I always do. That's not going to change. I will be wanting to see a lot more from people this game before I do that though.

Okay, that's good by me.

Not sure how you got that I've ever played in a game where scum have claimed town?

I never said this. I do think that the plural of anecdote isn't data.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #100 (isolation #16) » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:15 pm

Post by Accountant »

That was a mistype. It should be "where town claimed town", which means that since scum would know you played in games where town claimed town, they would be incentivized to claim town to seem town themselves.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #103 (isolation #17) » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:12 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 101, Expedience wrote:
In post 100, Accountant wrote:That was a mistype. It should be "where town claimed town", which means that since scum would know you played in games where town claimed town, they would be incentivized to claim town to seem town themselves.

I'd say this is a
very
weak argument, since SilverWolf didn't say that she believed this to be a Town tell before Slandaar made his comment. It would require scum to both read the games that she mentioned, and also require SilverWolf noticing and mentioning it. If SilverWolf and Slandaar were both scum, I really don't think they'd be this blatant.

Nevertheless, I don't think Town are any more likely to claim Town during RVS / RQS than scum.

But the possibility of it happening means that claiming town early is a nulltell. Otherwise you get locked in WIFOM, I think.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #107 (isolation #18) » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:11 pm

Post by Accountant »

I have my own thoughts on All Alone's vote on Expedience, but before I share them(and share them I will) I'm going to wait for Expedience's reaction to it first. Expedience, what are your thoughts on All Alone's vote on you?
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #109 (isolation #19) » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:46 pm

Post by Accountant »

Can I ask what WOTW is?
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #117 (isolation #20) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:36 am

Post by Accountant »

I voted Performer because I didn't like 36. I didn't vote on 36 earlier because I didn't realize that it was a sneaky attempt at attacking Slandaar for what should be an obvious null tell. However, post 74 brought it to my attention, so I took a look and decided that 36 looks awfully like Performer jumping on an obvious wagon for no reason. He's in the butter zone as well.

jake from state farm brought up the following point, which, while I don't entirely agree with, isn't without merit either:

It's just a way to appear productive but not actually be productive.

As for Akarin's analysis, I agree with the part where she says it's silly to consider Slandaar's claim as anything other than a null tell. I don't agree that SilverWolf should be voted at all, and I actually retracted my accusation of buddying in 95. To me, voting someone for a silly reason is a much worse crime than townreading someone for a silly reason.

That's funny because you did vote Slandaar over (apparently) his townclaim.

Mine was an RVS vote that was clearly a joke - Performer was not. Post 51 isn't an explanation, it's a warning that townreading someone based on an early town claim can end up badly for town, and I don't see how that explains the need to subsequently scumread them.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #132 (isolation #21) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:18 am

Post by Accountant »

26 is a joke vote, yes. Hence the follow up about me being mafia trying to mislynch him. I really don't like 127.

1. How does this stem from a scum motive? It's not a lie, either.

2. Well, I haven't played proper FM anywhere but here and there; I have no conpleted games here, and 7C was definitely my most memorable game there, the others being a role madness where I died without accomplishing much and a couple of replacements into late games.

Are you just looking for excuses to hop onto the wagon, mario?
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #134 (isolation #22) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:22 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 124, Wanderer-nl wrote:@Accountant: You did make it seem like a joke with your but what I don't get is why you didn't unvote when an actual wagon started forming and you realized Slandaar shouldn't be wagoned over this. And you also question Jake's vote on Performer ()so it looks to me like you are trying to change your story.

PEdit: Hi Mario.

I changed my mind about Performer's vote after Akarin and Davsto posted. As for unvoting, I see no reason to; clearly he wasn't in real threat of lynch over this, and I'm all for pushing for day one reactions.

Also realized that mm4 states he thinks Slandaar seems town for drawing attention when Slandaar says he does it as scum to preserve meta, and doesn't mention me in that even though I did the exact same.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #137 (isolation #23) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:26 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 135, MarioManiac4 wrote:
In post 130, Wanderer-nl wrote:UNVOTE:
I think Mario is trying to see more in that post than there really is, like he was looking for a reason to just jump this wagon. Also too soon for L-1 imo, plenty players haven't posted yet since RVS.

Pretty sure it was L-2.
And I was looking for scum traits in the post because I had flagged her earlier posts as mafia-like. This is something I often do.
Pedit: You weren't drawing attention as much as responding to everything. Slandaar had just been plain outlandish.

How is claiming town more outlandish than claiming scum?
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #138 (isolation #24) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:27 am

Post by Accountant »

I really don't like mario now.

VOTE: mm4

He's just looking for an excuse to attack me for everything I do.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #141 (isolation #25) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:36 am

Post by Accountant »

1. Trying to appear more new then you are. You twisted the question. He asked about forum mafia in general, and you twisted that to this site.

The full, complete answer would be:

1) I have no completed games here.
2) I have two completed games on the Salem forums. One was as a third party solo role in a role madness (SFM7, I was the Harpy), the other I talk about in the next question plus two replacements about 100 pages in, in which I lasted three RL days and five RL days, respectively. Note also that the culture, game mechanics and playing style in those forums are vastly different from MafiaScum.

Now, tell me: how did my answer push a scum agenda?
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #144 (isolation #26) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:57 am

Post by Accountant »

Pretending to be more new then you are pushes a scum agenda.

How? Will the names of all the PRs and an ability to fake reveal as innocent child be granted to me if I were to convince everyone here that I'm new? I certainly don't think that you guys are going to go "Accountant looks scummy but she's new, let her off the hook for now".

absta: I did not think it was particularly relevant. I moved here from Salem as I wanted to put those forums behind me.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #180 (isolation #27) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:43 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 176, MarioManiac4 wrote:
In post 171, absta101 wrote:
@Mario
In post 166, MarioManiac4 wrote:I never said she DID, I said she COULD.
That's not what i'm getting at. You said in point 2 that she is trying to make excuses for wrong reads with her ToS (town or scum, i'm guessing). You then explained in post that she could push a mislynch and then later state that she isn't a good player like she already 'told us'.

What i'm asking is, where does she say that she isn't a good player in her original response to Performers RQS? All I see is her saying that she is a better scum player, this does not mean she is a bad town player.

What I'm saying is the TOS game implies she's not great without actually stating it. She could easily point to this after pushing a mislynch.
All of this would actually be irrelevant if Accountant said that she's not a bad town player and wouldn't point to it after pushing a town lynch.

I'm not a bad town player, and if I push any mislynches or give out bad reads I'll take full responsibility for it, just like any other player in this game. There, now you no longer have any excuse to vote me.

I actually don't like post 177. Expedience does say that he wasn't making null posts, but neither does he justify his lack of making active posts. Clearing away bad ideas to allow new discussion to sprout in its place is important, but you must also contribute to the new discussion. It isn't enough to pull the weeds, you must also water seeds if you want to have a beautiful garden.

So, Expedience: what do you think of the mm4 wagon?

Personally, I still like my vote on him, he feels like he's scum going "I need to appear like a scumhunter so I'll pull something that won't actually expose real mafia but that gives me justification to push a scumwagon". I think Davsto's comments about SilverWolf over-reaching can be applied times two to mario.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #185 (isolation #28) » Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:51 am

Post by Accountant »

Don't really feel like voting, I haven't played a game on this site with this many players so I'll wait a bit to see how it works out. I'll remove my RVS vote from Accountant though.

This feels like an excuse not to vote a buddy. :/

I don't understand why your lack of experience should keep you from voting someone you find anti-town.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #195 (isolation #29) » Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:01 pm

Post by Accountant »

Mario has said nothing to convince me that my vote on him is unjustified. I
still
don't understand what his case against me is. Like, can someone explain why he thinks I'm scummy because I don't understand anything he's saying right now. He's just throwing out sarcastic questions and acting like I'm proven scum or some shit.

Slandaar: 26 was a joke vote. I meant it to give off a "raging townie votes cocky player" vibe, and followed it up with 28 after you posted 27. Also, it was in RVS.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #202 (isolation #30) » Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:17 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 200, Davsto wrote:First, someone being new to this site affects their ability to get a joke? What?

Secondly, enough people have pointed out that it's a joke and yet the vote is still there.

In post 198, MarioManiac4 wrote:
In post 195, Accountant wrote:Mario has said nothing to convince me that my vote on him is unjustified. I
still
don't understand what his case against me is. Like, can someone explain why he thinks I'm scummy because I don't understand anything he's saying right now. He's just throwing out sarcastic questions and acting like I'm proven scum or some shit.

Slandaar: 26 was a joke vote. I meant it to give off a "raging townie votes cocky player" vibe, and followed it up with 28 after you posted 27. Also, it was in RVS.

read my ISO. You're my biggest scumread and so I act like your scum.
Also, why did you design a post to look like "raging townie"?

Because it's part of the joke?
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #204 (isolation #31) » Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:48 am

Post by Accountant »

Wanderer is active, but I null read her, so I'm going to go over her ISO tomorrow.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #242 (isolation #32) » Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:22 pm

Post by Accountant »

Very sorry to everyone here, and I dearly hope it's not going to happen again, but something unexpected in real life has come up involving my education, and since (to be perfectly frank) I value my future over my mafiascum games, I'm going to have to
@MOD: ask for a replacement

Lots of apologies for this, I assure you this is a once-off and I don't make a habit of flaking during my games.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”