Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #1488 (isolation #0) » Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:51 am

Post by Ether »

In post 1477, Firebringer wrote:I can never get over how weak roles are on this site.
Neapolitian = Weak Role.
Masons = Weaker Role.

Give the town some credit!

Neapolitans, which are not rolecops, are one of the strongest roles on the whitelist, and they synergize with masons dangerously well to boot. The power roles in this game were on track to strangle the scum alive, and then apparently Salamence went and claimed rolecop and hammered himself, and nobody bothered to look up what neapolitans actually are when he flipped?

On Day 3, there were 9 players alive. Two of them were confirmed innocent due to being masons. Salamence had another confirmed innocent, as well as a more ambiguous result on scum. If he'd claimed and you'd believed it, nearly half the game would have suddenly been rendered unlynchable. (Although I think some towns wouldn't believe it due to thinking it was too
townsided
.) I didn't expect all three power roles to be alive coming into Day 3 in the first place, but they were, and this was town's game to lose.
[/reviewertangent]

Speaking of which, congratulations to the scum!
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #1501 (isolation #1) » Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:42 am

Post by Ether »

Can you find any examples of scum actually claiming masons? Masons don't behave anything like mafia do, and they're pretty much never lynched.
As I move my vote
LOUDER
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #1503 (isolation #2) » Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:51 am

Post by Ether »

You can try. I think it would backfire for you.

And yeah, you can find more information about Normal setups here. The roles can be found here (although roles not on that page are possible, with limits and caveats). We pretty much assume that everyone knows this information, or at least enough people to correct the ones who don't. Another game just ended with a scum win that was partially caused by confusion over what Rolestoppers are, though. So I'm starting to think we should put this in a more obvious place.
As I move my vote
LOUDER
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #1509 (isolation #3) » Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:57 am

Post by Ether »

I wouldn't say god-tiered. Neapolitans are double-edged; they can out power roles and tell scum who to kill, and positive results on scum aren't the same as guilties at all. This is a closed setup, and scum can still get out of a positive result with a fakeclaim.

They're still very powerful, though.
As I move my vote
LOUDER

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”