U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #219 (isolation #0) » Mon Sep 08, 2003 1:47 am

Post by shadyforce »

Norinel wrote:
unvote: doct3rd
Hopefully his replacement will liven things up a little.
I'll cause a bit of controversy for you :P .
[size=75][color=darkblue]I'm never wrong... well I was wrong once but that was when I thought I'd made a mistake but hadn't.[/color][/size]
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #220 (isolation #1) » Mon Sep 08, 2003 3:46 am

Post by shadyforce »

Warning I'm about to offend a lot of people:

OK, anyone who knows me knows I'm not one to keep my opinions to myself so here goes.

1. The first thing that struck me during day 1 was the extremely poor performance of the town.
You have let the mafia run the show up until now, you should be ashamed of yourselves!

2. You all quickly dismissed Talitha as scum for no other reason than to let her opinions known. She tried to stop the mafia running the show but because you
had to
lynch someone, you all took the cowardly route and lynched the loudest. I knew as I was reading throught the last few pages that she was innocent and was saying to myself: "no, don't, you idiots!"

3. Regarding the no-lynch, I think she had the right idea. Come on, even to those who half read the thread would have seen that Gamersville was screaming out as having lots of powerful roles. Lot's of cops and docs mean LOTS of information. Lynching for the purpose of information is ok but when there is a valid substitution and a
very high
chance of killing cops/docs, then no-lynch is the way to go. Only the stupid, stubborn, or scummy will insist on no-lynch being
always
bad.

4. Here's what I would have done on day 1. It was said that voting Kerplunk was the same as no-lynch... perfect! No-lynch is a good choice and it also protects against the possibility that Kerplunk is scum who
wont
commit suicide.

5. I can't believe none of you thought of that. What if PBuG made an ingenious role claim? He deliberately botched a sibling claim to make everyone think he was scum, was going to die that night and wanted a free lynch. We are all going to leave him since we think he'll die anyway and if he lives it proves his innocence. Tell me, I don't know him that well, is he good enough to do that?

6. With 3 powerful pro-town roles dead, we need to turn this around town. Mafia are winning and things need to be shaken up (hence this outburst.) I think the suspicions of Norinell backing up Kerplunk(PBuG) are convincing but not definite. As for the 3rd mafia, I think CRiX. I don't think he's a cop. In fact I'm fairly sure he's not and is therefore in league with Kerplunk.

Mafia:
Kerplunk (75% certain)
CRiX (50% scum, 50% naive/insane cop.)
Norinel (60% if Kerplunk is scum, 25% if not)

vote: Kerplunk
fos: CRiX
and
Norinel
[size=75][color=darkblue]I'm never wrong... well I was wrong once but that was when I thought I'd made a mistake but hadn't.[/color][/size]
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #224 (isolation #2) » Mon Sep 08, 2003 9:06 am

Post by shadyforce »

@Kerplunk:
3. The mafia are, in my opinion, dictating the decisions of the town and are causing us to kill each other off and that is why no-lynch (or a no-lynch type vote) was the better move yesterday (not necissarily today.) Tigris now agrees that there is likely to be few townies and many power roles.
You didn't die, did you
! You survived. If we had lynched you we would have had a lot more information today and at least 1 mafia kill. We can do it today but we're 1 less townie than what we would have been in had you been hung. Innocent or not, we would be better off.
5. If he did, it's working isn't it.

@Tigris, I certainly haven't layed all my cards on the table, take my word for it. I just voiced what I feel is the most likely lay-out. We need a drastic move like this to turn around this awful start.

@CD, your first point is interesting. I don't know but wasn't PBuG toying with the idea that he was the insane half of a cop-cop siblings? That way he might have avoided a lynching.

Your second point I totally disagree with. Obviously voting no-lynch is
usually
wrong so having the intellect and guts to realise voting for no-lynch is the right thing to do and going against the flow is brave, certainly not cowardly. Doing things because it's normally the right thing and not bothering to give the other route a look is both stupid and cowardly.

To summarize our position, whether Kerplunk is innocent or not, lynching him will give the town a 1 for 1 deal and a shit lot of information.

The only alternative is we go after an innocent Kerplunk's 'other half'. This will probably be someone who defended him from a lynch on the first day, thus pointing at CRiX and Norinel. But this route is obviously riskier and could end up bad for the town so the obvious course of action is to lynch Kerplunk.

The only other decision is who should CurtainDog kill if anyone. Going after CRiX or Norinel (purely because they might be Kerplunk's sibling) might be silly since if they are then they are dead any way. I think we should look for suspicion completely unrelated to Kerplunk if we use this at all.

unvote: Kerplunk
vote: CurtainDog
unvote: CurtainDog
vote: Kerplunk

:roll:
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #232 (isolation #3) » Tue Sep 09, 2003 12:03 am

Post by shadyforce »

It was a good suggestion Norinel but Tigris' argument is probably right, we need the info for the next day, not the day after.

By the way, I hope everybody entertains the possibility that there are no siblings in the game.

Finally just to add to the roles thingy, I'm not a townie. Nothing special or especially useful, just not a townie.
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #243 (isolation #4) » Tue Sep 09, 2003 10:54 pm

Post by shadyforce »

Kerplunk wrote:Are you at least pro-town?
No, I'm the godfather of the mafia who also has a night kill and a get out of lynch free clause if a cop dies in the game. Oh, and I also have x-ray vision so I can see everyone's pm roles, I can shoot lasers from my eyes and fireballs from my ass, and everyone who votes for me will automatically die the following night. :roll:

@Blackhawk, although in theory, your plan is good, we would have to trust in too many things to work perfectly, such as mafia not killing either of you, killing your targets, etc. Also, we can't really afford to wait that long as mafia pick off even more pro-town roles (their dropping like flies at the moment) and if we don't vote for Kerplunk, we will have to lynch somone else (and risk hitting a good pro-town role) so no-lynch is probably better than that, but not better than lynching Kerplunk.

Even if you think he is innocent, you should still realise that it's our best course of action.
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #254 (isolation #5) » Thu Sep 11, 2003 6:26 am

Post by shadyforce »

I think your missing the point, if indeed CD is vigilanty then such a powerful pro-town role should be used to the best effect. This means we should all vote/unvote him so that (according to his role) he can then choose to kill that person. If everyone does this, then everyone will be possible targets thus removing a limitation on a good pro-town role.

However if he is lying and therefore mafia then it doesn't make a damn bit of difference that we all voted/unvoted him.
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #276 (isolation #6) » Mon Sep 15, 2003 10:19 pm

Post by shadyforce »

Ok, I have no idea why I am voting for Stewie. I have not voted for Stewie, I have no mention of a voting restriction in my role, I was not notified of having my vote bought or otherwise controlled, so I am either unaware of a politician's actions against me or Discer made a mistake.

I am going to re-read the whole thread to try to get a grasp of the situation.
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #277 (isolation #7) » Tue Sep 16, 2003 12:25 am

Post by shadyforce »

Ok, here's my stance:
vote: Stewie

The only possible way for him to be townie is if Kerplunk(PBuG) is a paranoid-sibling-cop who just happened to catch a mafia on the first night. I think the chances of having an non-sane sibling is less likely that having an non-sane individual cop, and remember, Blackhawk(CRiX) was a backup for
either
cop, depending on who died first really.

Add this to the general way Stewie was acting (well before Kerplunk was certain to be lynched,) jumping on Talitha's reasonable no-lynch suggestion and pushing to get an innocent killed. Also Claiming townie in a town with many power roles (I'd go as far to say ALL power roles) and then 'inventing' a super mafia power to make it look like there are few mafia thus leaving more room for basic townies.

I'm sorry Stewie but from my perspective, your reign of terror is over!

Apart from that, I think it is reasonable to assume that if there is a politician he/she is definitely pro-town although since I wasn't notified of my vote being fixed, I assume it must have been a mistake.

Finally
fos: Norinel
for trying to act all pro-townish by dismissing Stewie yet reluctant to actually start the bandwagon. I personally think voting Stewie is the obvious move and just fosing him is a little too cautious.
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #279 (isolation #8) » Tue Sep 16, 2003 2:53 am

Post by shadyforce »

You obviously didn't read as far as the word 'yet'.
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #293 (isolation #9) » Tue Sep 16, 2003 10:36 pm

Post by shadyforce »

Hmm, let's see... If we keep our 3 votes on Stewie, we can't actually lynch him except if a deadline is imposed in which case I assume 3 votes will lynch when the deadline expires.

With that said, then there are 2 possibilities:
-Yanqush is the politician who bought my vote for Stewie since he was very likely to be mafia and now Stewie is trying to drag an innocent down with him.
-Yanqush is actually scum who either noticed Stewies blunder or is playing along to his (outrageous) gambit. He will lynch Stewie but could win if we ignore the possibility of him being scum and choose among the other 'townies'.

I think we need a bit more discussion so could someone please unvote Stewie before Yanqush finishes him off.
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #305 (isolation #10) » Sun Sep 21, 2003 9:53 pm

Post by shadyforce »

Ok I think we can say there are 2 more mafia which would counter the wealth of powerful roles on the town side. It is likely there is another doc if this is the case.

By the way, could someone summarize the results of all our cops thus far?

And who the hell is this old man???
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #307 (isolation #11) » Mon Sep 22, 2003 1:44 am

Post by shadyforce »

Ok, I'll do it myself.

rite(cop):

N1-?
Diagnosis: Not a clue.

Kerplunk/PBuG(sibling cop):

N1-CurtainDog=guilty
N2-Stewie=guilty
Diagnosis: Sane/very small chance of paranoia.

Blackhawk/CRiX(retired cop):

N1-?
N2-Kerplunk=innocent
N3-?
Diagnosis:Naive/Sane. I'd give it 30:70.

I think it makes sense that the sibling cop is sane and that one of the other 2 was not sane.

Dead Roles:

rite - Cop (killed Night 1)
Talitha - Doctor (lynched Day 1)
Dourgrim - Nurse (killed Night 2)
Kerplunk - Sibling Cop (lynched Day 2)
blackhawk - Retired Cop (killed Night 3)
CurtainDog - Sibling Henchman (suicide Night 3)
Stewie - Godfather (lynched Day 3)

Roles claimed:

Electra- fool
Norinel-
from the role list

Shadyforce -
not a townie

Tigris-
from the role list, not a townie

Yanqush - politician

Everything accurate?

Now, if we believe Yanqush than there looks like being a role-blocker/protective role of some sort, my role and only 1 mafia left.

If we disbelieve Yanqush and he is scum then the game may be over or there may be one more mafia in which case with one doc/roleblocker/etc, my role and probably one townie.

Of course this all makes the assumption that Electra is what she says she is, which isn't 100 imo, maybe 75%.

Suggestions anyone?
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #309 (isolation #12) » Mon Sep 22, 2003 9:41 am

Post by shadyforce »

I actually see your point about lynching Electra since she isn't much use for voting identified scum anyway and there is a good chance of there being 4 mafia one of which being a fool.

I do not however agree with you lynching me, for obvious reasons. I wan't to live. Alas, i think it is time for a mass role claim.

You might have guessed my role from my insistance that this was a cop heavy game and my laying out the results of dead cops. Yes I am indeed a
deputy
. I can get all the results for any one dead cops investigations.

Now glancing above I can see 2 candidates: BblackHawk and Rite. 1 result to get for rite, 2 for blackhawk. I am fairly sure that one of them is not sane, and my suspicions tell me that BlackHawk is Naive. (There is also the much smaller possibility that they are both not sane but I'm not going to entertain that possibility.)

Now I'd say that 60% chance BlackHawk is Naive. the reasoning behind this is his second revelation is innocent and his 1st seems to be aswell else he would have let us know what it was. there is the possibility that the 3rd is guilty in which case we've struck gold.

Now with the 10% chance that they are both not sane, that leaves a 30% chance that rite is not sane, or a 70% chance he is sane. But getting only one result (likely to be already dead) and even then being unsure about his sanity directs me back to BlackHawk.

If I get 1 guilty result then BlackHawk is 99% sane (1% random :evil: ). And if either the innocent or guilty are still alive then it's pretty much game won for us.

Anyone got any comments before I proceed.
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #315 (isolation #13) » Mon Sep 22, 2003 10:28 pm

Post by shadyforce »

Gamersville
is
a cop heavy environment, I knew and suggested that all along.

I only get to use my power once and have saved it until we really need it... aka now.

You don't actually still think I'm scum? Well whatever, I'm going to get and reveal rite's investigation ragardless.

Remember I've done nothing but try to keep the town as informed as possible, try to lay out the information, show the possibilities, and although I don't mind you lynching me if the town were to win, I think it far less likely for you to win if you lynch an innocent today and if there are 2 mafia left, it's game over.
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #317 (isolation #14) » Mon Sep 22, 2003 11:37 pm

Post by shadyforce »

I can only get the results once. I waited until it was needed or in this case, when all the cops are dead so we can choose which is best. Yes I can get the results whenever I want. I was unclear after my role pm but then when I asked him to clear up a few things he said that:
-I can only get one set of results.
-It can only be after the relevant cop has died.
-There is no time limit, it doesn't have to be the next day, it could be 45 days later (that was the number he used.)
-And lastly, I can ask it off him day or night. So the next time he logs on, he will pm the results, and then I will post them.
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #319 (isolation #15) » Tue Sep 23, 2003 10:30 pm

Post by shadyforce »

On night one rite investigated Dourgrim. If rite had survived, he would have recieved an innocent verdict.

*sigh* I guess it was a bit much to hope for some invaluable information.

So now where do we go?
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #321 (isolation #16) » Wed Sep 24, 2003 5:27 am

Post by shadyforce »

Ok, with
cops and 2 docs, and myself the deputy to the cops when they die, I find it unlikely that there is a cowardly townie. My role isn't all that powerful as seen above but it does consolidate the idea of many cops. There is no indication whatsoever of there being a cowardly reporter in the game.
The role page wrote:
Cowardly Reporter

The Cowardly Reporter can check a player's house to find out if they are home (anyone doing something during the night is not home), or hide in the newsroom to avoid being killed (can not hide on consecutive nights).
ALL
the roles thus far follow their respective roles from the role page
EXACTLY
, and yet you claim to have a role which isn't following it. You claim first of all to determine their scummyness instead of whether they're at home and second of all, you claim to have sanity variability. So unless you're a BIG exception to this game, I'm fairly sure your lying.

If I believed for a second that there you were telling the truth and that there is only 1 mafia left than I would by all means allow you to lynch me to get info on your sanity and overall help the town with your investigations, but I suspect there are 2 left in which case lynching a townie tonight is game over.

I think you slipped up Norinel.

Vote: Norinel
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #328 (isolation #17) » Wed Sep 24, 2003 11:49 pm

Post by shadyforce »

@Electra, I don't think you understand my reasoning. It wasn't until today that I could lay out all the cops, organise who investigated who, identify missing information, evaluate sanities, etc. The longer the game goes on, the more conclusions we can draw from investigations and the more scum we can catch with their pants down with information they didn't think the town was going to get.

@Tigris, I can't believe you picked someone acting 'overly pro-town'who has claimed a viable role, given results and tried to help the town with analysing the situation at every opportunity over someone who claims a seemingly 'out-of-place' pro-town (mainly pro-himself) role, someone who lied to the town, someone who has a guilty verdict on him, someone who tried to get me lynched by lying, a botched fake role-claim, with a purpose that makes no sense whatever, another cop only after I have told the town of my lots-of-cops supporting role.

Tigris, please rethink your vote, I fear the towns chances will quickly evaporate if a townie is lynched tonight, especially with a random vote on town's side.
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #331 (isolation #18) » Fri Sep 26, 2003 3:15 am

Post by shadyforce »

I'm not sure where your getting the whole role[shady] == role[Electra] thing from. I'll have another look at Tigris's post.

I'm going to point the finger of accusation
foa: Norinel
. However
if
you all insist on avoiding lynching him then I believe our best move is to lynch Electra. The simple reason is that in case we do lynch a townie, she is the most expendable of us because of her random vote.
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #334 (isolation #19) » Sat Sep 27, 2003 1:13 am

Post by shadyforce »

Yeah, logic over instinct? I can't really decide so I'll just follow your plan.

Make the call Yanqush and you'll have my vote too.
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #342 (isolation #20) » Fri Oct 03, 2003 12:18 pm

Post by shadyforce »

Tigris wrote:
vote: Electra
, to me it's the only thing that makes sense.
If Shady was mafia, then he would have killed me yesterday with Norinel.
And to be honest I would be highly amused at any explanation that makes me the last mafia :D
Alrighty then, for your amusement...
1. Sure, that's what they all say. 'It's laughable that I'm mafia.'
2. Electra has a voting restriction, less likely to be mafia more likely to be townie.
3. You know that there is an omgus thing between me and Electra, a clever mafia would try and put the casting vote in my hands, hoping that I would retal her accusation.

That's the best I can do with 5 minutes free time so, I hope you enjoyed your laugh.

Vote: Electra
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #351 (isolation #21) » Sat Oct 04, 2003 2:39 am

Post by shadyforce »

Yeah, my first full game too and I won, yay!

Well, I always suspected cop heavy and 4 mafia and tried to hint it throughout, however I thought I was a goner a few times in the game.

@Tigris... we're the best :P . You played an excellent game especially towards then end, well done partner!

Also, Kudos to Electra who I never suspected as being scum until the very end when Tigris pointed out the facts. Well played and hard luck.

Thanks to everybody for making it a very interesting and especially fun game. Especially Discer for an excellent modding job, thanks a lot!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”