Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (isolation #0) » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:30 am

Post by Atticus »

I will be posting when I can, but for now I'm reading.
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result." - Winston Churchill
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (isolation #1) » Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:54 pm

Post by Atticus »

Before I finish my read, I need to

Vote: d3sisted

He's the scummiest player I see.
He's eager to vote, opportunistically, and back off when seen.

His reasoning for most of his votes is,
"Yeah! I do see what so-and-so is saying! What'shisface
is
scum!"
Which I don't like.
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result." - Winston Churchill
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (isolation #2) » Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:09 pm

Post by Atticus »

Basic thoughts on players, these are simply basics, what I get from them right now. What aura they emit. How I feel about them.

ryan:
Takes everything too seriously.

Pooky:
As usual, he doesn't post much, and doesn't post much content when he does. He's great as scum and town. And I can never tell which. But after being in the face-to-face Jester mafia with him and Dirge and everyperson, I'm going to call him probably town.

d3sisted:
Trigger-happy, not helpful to the town, defensive. Probably scum.

Jex:
Pretty posts. Makes sense, a bit swayed by others' posts.

Kerplunk:
I had no problem with benhaulkum's playstyle, and Kerplunk emits good vibes for now.

Numenorean:
Can't remember who he replaced.
One does not simply
walk
into Mordor!

SSF:
I get good vibes from him, as a plus, he made me laugh.

JDodge:
Not here.

Distad:
I will get his name confused with d3sisted.
His posts make sense to me, and I would be reluctant to lynch him for anything he has done as of yet.

Jimmy R:
Nothing of note. Rightfully defensive toward ryan.

Nightfall:
Who?
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (isolation #3) » Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:52 am

Post by Atticus »

d3sisted wrote:Wow. You are really close-minded.
I am eager to vote and opportunistic because that is just my play style. I see someone scummy, and I'll vote for them. And I didn't just back off because I was "seen", I unvoted because ryan seemed a lot more town than he did before. That also doesn't mean that I think he's completely, town, there's still a chance that he might be scum.
If being scummy is your playstyle, that doesn't make you town.

Also, after your vote on ryan, the latter posts two times, and you say that confirms your vote. Afterwards, he gave a smarmy comment to you, and you unvote? Am I missing something? Also, in the post in which you unvoted, you said it was because your vote was being attacked, and because everyone thought ryan was town.

So basically, you're willing to go off of other people's suspicions, following the next one that presents itself. That's dumb-scum.
Pooky wrote:
unvote
vote Atticus

welcome!
Hey there!
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (isolation #4) » Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:18 am

Post by Atticus »

Numen's right, sarcasm shouldn't be paired with a vote, or given as reason for a vote. But I can't see how that post is sarcastic.
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (isolation #5) » Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:20 am

Post by Atticus »

Forgot to add this to my last.
ryan wrote:Kind of like people who disregard questions asked to them?
There's your smarmy comment.
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (isolation #6) » Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:35 pm

Post by Atticus »

S
m
army, ryan, smarmy.

And actually, you're right. It's scarcely smarmy at all. In fact, I don't even see how it makes sense with what he quoted in that post. But that doesn't make it a good reason to decide your vote.
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (isolation #7) » Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:35 pm

Post by Atticus »

^^^
2nd paragraph directed at d3.
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (isolation #8) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:16 pm

Post by Atticus »

To d3sisted, I prefer not to call it bullshitting. I call it a "non-understanding. " Also, I'm not saying that
my
reasons don't make sense. I'm saying
your
reasons don't make sense.

To Numen7, sorry if you missed it.
Atticus wrote:And actually, you're right. It's scarcely smarmy at all. In fact, I don't even see how it makes sense with what he quoted in that post. But that doesn't make it a good reason to decide your vote.
See, I realise in this post that it wasn't actually smarmy. I see, instead, that it doesn't make sense at all.

To SSF, I'm not seeing d3sisted being the jester. But as Pooky knows, I'm not always correct about my jester suspicions.
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (isolation #9) » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:00 am

Post by Atticus »

d3sisted wrote:
Atticus wrote:To d3sisted, I prefer not to call it bullshitting. I call it a "non-understanding. " Also, I'm not saying that
my
reasons don't make sense. I'm saying
your
reasons don't make sense.
Doesn't matter what you call it. With this point invalid, your case against me boils down to nothing. You're just voting for the sake of bandwagoning.

Me being wrong about ryan doesn't make me wrong about you.
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (isolation #10) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:48 am

Post by Atticus »

Numenorean7 wrote:Wow. ryan and Jex have both said "wow" about my PBPA, and Jimmy R seems almost convinced. This is making me a little nervous. :)
Jex's wow wasn't necessarily about your post.
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (isolation #11) » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:33 pm

Post by Atticus »

d3sisted wrote:Ok, I'm going to need some time to respond to that.

But before I do, I'd just like to say: Wow. 4 of you flew onto the fucking bandwagon and none of you are even flinching about it? Am I the only one here who's doing some actual scumhunting?
Which 4 people? There are only four people voting you. For you to say this, at least two people would have to be voting for you before the people "flew" to it for it to constitute a wagon.

But that seems rather off the current point.
Right now, you're at L-2. I'm tempted to ask for a claim.
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (isolation #12) » Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:33 am

Post by Atticus »

There are 3 mafia members.

Okay, I assume Max isn't scum then.
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (isolation #13) » Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:34 pm

Post by Atticus »

I added nifty bolded numbers in parentheses.
Jex wrote:I really don't like d3 and wouldn't mind him as the lynch of the day. However, I do feel it's important to look at some of the other players that may be sliding along silently.

(1)
I reread
atticus
as he has a couple of votes on him and I wanted to see why.

(2)
First off, why is max not scum in your book? I guess I just don't get how you came to that conclusion, and maybe I missed something, I don't know.

(3)
Second, atticus has been attacking d3 since he came to the game. He has not backed down from the argument, yet seems to bring little to the argument as well. I feel that he is too focused on d3. I don't know if this means scum or not, but I'd like to point it out. He analysis of all the players seemed really empty and not all that helpful.

Of course with reading atticus, I had to reread he predecessors:

TCS: made a lot of jokes, voted for himself, and was generally a strange player. We didn't get to see much of him during the important parts of the games (well anything after the random stage) so it's hard to tell what he may have been.

ojpower: never posted.

Also,
pooky
has been pretty quiet. He's thrown in some votes, and a lot of one liners. He doesn't seem to be adding a lot to the conversation (not that I'm one to speak as I've been gone) but it's really hard to get a feel for if he's scum or not.

Even more silent is
jdodge
who has posted 3 or 4 times with random votes and one liners.
prod jdodge please

That's all I really have time to do at this moment, but I want to read through more people in the next couple of days, and I urge others to do the same. As I said, I really don't like d3 and am fine with lynching him, but we want to get as much info as we can before the end of the day.

For now
vote atticus

I am busy moving and getting ready for school to start up in the next couple weeks, but I will try to be as active as I can.
(1): Does pooky's vote really count? He voted me without any reason.

(2): Because Max said that there should be two scum. If he were in the scum, he would know that there are three. Of course, he could just be very tricksy.

(3): As I see it, d3sisted is scum. Also, everything I have to say about his scumminess has been said. I see no reason to back off a conviction without good reason. Also, my analysis was just impressions. I'm not an analytical kind of guy.
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (isolation #14) » Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:09 am

Post by Atticus »

Jex wrote:
Atticus wrote: (2): Because Max said that there should be two scum. If he were in the scum, he would know that there are three. Of course, he could just be very tricksy.
Or he's a part of the mafia and he forgot to count himself. There could be a number of reasons why he put 2. For all we know it was a typo and he hit the wrong button. It's not enough to say that he isn't scum.
He could just be very tricksy.
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (isolation #15) » Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:10 am

Post by Atticus »

Numenorean7 wrote:
Max wrote:A) there should only be 2 members of the mafia
A) is aimed at the mod
I think he's saying the game would be more balanced if there were only 2 Mafia rather than 3.
Also, since this is an open setup, Blue Zebra isn't allowed to change it. I also think that jesters make it harder for the mafia, not the town.
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #290 (isolation #16) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:26 am

Post by Atticus »

Pooky has an inability to play forum mafia. I've never had a game with him where he wasn't a horrible lurker. Commonly the town will lynch him because his small posts look like scum.

A much better choice than killing would be replacing.
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (isolation #17) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:37 am

Post by Atticus »

Killing is what Max suggested...
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (isolation #18) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:52 am

Post by Atticus »

ryan wrote:
Atticus wrote:Killing is what Max suggested...
I understand but repeating it doesn't make it any better, just makes you two look in cahoots with eachother. My Pooky pressure vote got nowhere, so for now

Unvote:

d3sisted and Max are the two I've got my eye on currently but not enough to place a vote.
Not to kick a dead horse, but I said the opposite, yes? Max suggest Nightkilling pooky mainly becauyse pooky isn't productive. I suggest replacement as a better alternative.

Unless you're suggesting that I am in cahoots with... Pooky?
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (isolation #19) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:12 am

Post by Atticus »

Actually, you can replace people for lurking. The point mafia is communication. If you cut yourself off, you cut off the only fair resource the town has. Sure, it could be a good scum tactic, but it's, in a sense, cheating. Which is why people should be replaced for it.
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (isolation #20) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:13 am

Post by Atticus »

The point
of the game
mafia
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (isolation #21) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:26 am

Post by Atticus »

Jimmy R wrote:After 3 days over a weekend? It's hardly lurking.
Not everything is about you, I was talking about Pooky.
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (isolation #22) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:39 am

Post by Atticus »

Heh, well, perhaps I misunderstand the situation.
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (isolation #23) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:40 am

Post by Atticus »

Or, at least, I figured he was talking to me, since I was the last one to post before his post. While in truth, I had posted just after Jimmy R, even though I was addressing distad.
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (isolation #24) » Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:33 am

Post by Atticus »

I could not post yesterday, and today I will be gone for a couple hours, starting now. I'll be able to read and post later.
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (isolation #25) » Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:06 am

Post by Atticus »

Well done d3sisted!
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (isolation #26) » Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:01 am

Post by Atticus »

I was a one shot doc.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”