rOver
Goon
rOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (isolation #0) » Thu Jun 24, 2004 11:40 am

Post by rOver »

Random vote: Phoebus

Not that I like random votes but you have to start somewhere.
rOver
rOver
Goon
rOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (isolation #1) » Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:29 am

Post by rOver »

Flying Dutchman wrote:
Someone wrote:PM to confirm reciept of role.
Is it so hard to READ?
I thought confirmations and discussions would go on at the same time, since we start with day anyway. Guess I was wrong.
rOver
rOver
Goon
rOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (isolation #2) » Sat Jun 26, 2004 2:45 am

Post by rOver »

FOS:Flying Dutchman
not so much becouse he voted discer but becouse he didn't give a reason. I can see how someone could find discer's vote on himself suspicious but to vote without an explanation makes me question his motives. Anyway, I'd be interested to hear what he has to say for himself.
rOver
rOver
Goon
rOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (isolation #3) » Sat Jun 26, 2004 2:47 am

Post by rOver »

Now someone should read more carefully :oops:
UNFOS:Flying Dutchman FOS: Rick
rOver
rOver
Goon
rOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (isolation #4) » Sun Jun 27, 2004 11:16 am

Post by rOver »

Rick doesn't seem to be around and he'll probably say his vote for discer was just a joke anyway. Still there are more than one ways to do that so we might just learn a little from what he says.
As for IS is he acting anything out of ordinary? I don't think so but then I don't think I ever played him. Still something tells me the part about finding the maffia shouldn't be taken at face value.
I think Prince Kael is the only one who has not posted yet but it's weekend so that could be the reason.
rOver
rOver
Goon
rOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (isolation #5) » Sun Jun 27, 2004 11:19 am

Post by rOver »

Cubsfan4life wrote:Wouldn't it be 7 to lynch? 12 alive, half of 12+1= 7

So, what's up with this bandwagon on Rick? Is it just a random bandwagon or was it because he placed the 3rd vote on discer?
I think it's the "first one to do something which can be interpretted as scummy" bandwagon.
rOver
rOver
Goon
rOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (isolation #6) » Mon Jun 28, 2004 10:05 am

Post by rOver »

Someone: You mean the lowest integer greater than half the number of the players, right? I mean 11/2+1=6.5 which is effectively 7.
rOver
rOver
Goon
rOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (isolation #7) » Tue Jun 29, 2004 2:03 pm

Post by rOver »

I always thought that IS acts the way he does to have an easier game when he's scum. Since he's always scummy it's more difficult to see when is it his role and when his personality. So it goes that when we don't have anything better than a random lynch IS is probably the best choice.
But there are some people who look more suspicious than the others. First on my list is cubsfan4life. He says he doesn't mind long discussions yet contributes almost nothing to them. Also his posts do read like he wrote them just to say something so that he would not appear to be lurking. Well I don't think it's good enough so :
vote:cubsfan4life

There were a few interesting things in the Rick bandawgon too. In hindsight both discer's and Rick's actions benefitted the town becouse they stirred up some quality discussions. But I did find some contradictions in Rick's post (38) so my FOS stays, indeed it's more serious than it was. I was especially surprised by this:

[Quote="Rick]In my books anyone who votes for themselves deserves to by lynched.[/Quote]

Completely missing the possibility that discer voted himself to get some reactions. And then he says:
Oh yeah and the other reason is that I am not afraid of a little controversy. Also it is usually the scum who will jump on a little bit of controversy.
So either Rick's logic is wrong or Rick is scum. (to be honest there's a third case too. Rick's logic is sound but we have an exception here)
Anyway, I don't expect perfect logic in defensive posts but this is only one example. Others have pointed out a few more. So Rick is number two on my list.
rOver
rOver
Goon
rOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (isolation #8) » Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:14 am

Post by rOver »

[Bunvote: cubsfan
vote:Rick[/B]

I still think Cubsfan is scum but Rick has slowly convinced me to change the FOS into a vote. His arguments are very one-sided and very often just plain wrong, as in the mad=scum case. I think it's quite possible he got mad mafia role and thought that mad is scum in this game.
rOver
rOver
Goon
rOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (isolation #9) » Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:15 am

Post by rOver »

that should be
unvote:cubsfan4life
vote:Rick
rOver
rOver
Goon
rOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (isolation #10) » Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:56 am

Post by rOver »

Green Crayons wrote:
Why would a serial killer be innocent - that's mad IMO
The serial killer wasn't a "mad" role. He thought madness should be ended in the city. I think mad and sane equates to scum and innocent.
Note Rick's death scene. It say "His role was not crazy, nor evil" I think that implies crazy and evil are 2 different things. Also while doc Someone was specifically labelled as sane Rick and IS weren't. So it looks like we have 3 kinds of people: sane, neither-sane-nor-crazy, crazy. It is possible that all sane's are docs for example and all crazies are evil but I could just as easily imagine a sane mafia group for example.
rOver
rOver
Goon
rOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (isolation #11) » Thu Jul 08, 2004 5:22 pm

Post by rOver »

mneme wrote:GC: Yes, I know my sanity. For that matter, as I insinuated a bit earlier today, my role directly involves sanity, in a way that makes it somewhat unlikely that sanity == alignment.
Now that is actually suspicious. Why would you want to tell us that? Could be a mafia preparing a role-claim.
FOS:mneme
becouse I don't want to vote before looking at yesterday's posts another time.
rOver
rOver
Goon
rOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (isolation #12) » Fri Jul 09, 2004 8:12 am

Post by rOver »

Well, I still think comming out with a role this early was a bad idea but since Mgm has basically confirmed mneme's claim it's very likely he's innocent.
UnFOS: mneme

I'm going to go back voting on cubsfan4life becouse he seems to be deliberately avoiding the discussion.

cubsfan4life
rOver
rOver
Goon
rOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (isolation #13) » Fri Jul 09, 2004 8:14 am

Post by rOver »

:oops: that is
vote:cubsfan4life
rOver
rOver
Goon
rOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (isolation #14) » Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:07 pm

Post by rOver »

I don't think Fletcher should claim. Though to some extent he already did. And I'm much more comfortable with lynching FD then Fletcher who is suffering becouse Kael was lazy (sorry Kael if you had other problems).

unvote:cubsfan4life
vote: Flying Dutchmanp

I still think that cubsfan4life is suspicious. Actually, it's very convenient for scum to lurk now, becouse they can always claim they missed the deadline if Fletcher turns out to be innocent.

I would like to see an extention of the deadline too but I see no chance of that happening unless there's more discussion.
rOver
rOver
Goon
rOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (isolation #15) » Wed Jul 21, 2004 1:51 am

Post by rOver »

That's believable.
unvote: Flying Dutchman
vote: cubsfan4life
rOver
rOver
Goon
rOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (isolation #16) » Thu Jul 29, 2004 3:50 pm

Post by rOver »

What a splendid idea.
vote: cunsfan4life

speak up or
DIE
rOver
rOver
Goon
rOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (isolation #17) » Thu Jul 29, 2004 4:00 pm

Post by rOver »

Heh, silly typo

vote:cubsfan4life (or to death. Which is soon enough if he doesn't start posting)
rOver
rOver
Goon
rOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (isolation #18) » Thu Jul 29, 2004 4:05 pm

Post by rOver »

Surprise us! :wink:
rOver
rOver
Goon
rOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (isolation #19) » Wed Aug 04, 2004 12:36 am

Post by rOver »

unvote: cubsfan4life

becouse i never realized we were already in the endgame.

I agree with cubsfan for once. No lynch is best when we have an even number of players and if there's one killing group and no doc. In these cases it's best to no-lynch as early as possible.
But these are a lot of ifs so i won't vote no-lynch.
I really don't understand mneme's claim that cubsfan is somehow trying to doom the town. Anyway my sanity is sane, though I'm not sure i understand why that is important.
rOver
rOver
Goon
rOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (isolation #20) » Wed Aug 04, 2004 12:51 am

Post by rOver »

I'll answer that when we had a sanity claim from everyone.
rOver
rOver
Goon
rOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (isolation #21) » Fri Aug 06, 2004 8:03 am

Post by rOver »

Mgm wrote:ROver, why don't you want to tell us whether your sanity changed during the game?
Becouse I think it would help the remaining players find the "right" claim. I'll explain everything before the end of the day.
rOver
rOver
Goon
rOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (isolation #22) » Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:04 pm

Post by rOver »

Mgm, I'm not stalling I just wasn't really following seeing that there were almost no new posts. But as we don't seem to be moving forward i'll tell what I know. I used to be mad. Actually a psycopath, I went around killing people. I killed IS. I was cured last night so now I'm sane and pro-town.

Now here's what I know for sure. There's at least one more psychopath. But even if there's more there is always only one psychopth kill.
My theory is that these psychopaths are the only killing group. I have good reason to believe there is no mafia, becouse I was refered to as mafia in my role pm. So where's the catch? I think someone has the ability to turn certain people into psychopaths the same way as mneme can turn mad people to sane(?). So anyone claiming to be sane at the start of the game but mad now would have been very suspicious. Well too late now, I guess.
rOver
rOver
Goon
rOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (isolation #23) » Sat Aug 28, 2004 3:24 pm

Post by rOver »

I think there's still some life left in this game. I'd rather continue if silgado could replace.
rOver
rOver
Goon
rOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (isolation #24) » Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:45 am

Post by rOver »

Can we get this game declared officially abandonned? That way anyone who'd want to join another many could.
Well, I see Someone already did just that in post 249. I'll go ahead and answer Cubsfan's question. I guess
that
will make it official. Sorry everyone who wanted to play on :(
But I don't think it's likely you'd find 3 replacements for discer, Phobeus and me, for an endgame.

My role was esentially what I claimed, except that I was now a mason with Mgm and discer.
There were 2 things i was wondering about. The first is mneme's role. He claimed to have changed Mgm's sanity on night 1 but actually it was discer not him. The second, what was you plan Mgm, with asking for everyone's sanity?

Another question is whether our "cult" was on the town's side or not? I think the answer is no otherwise it would have been too easy. So I made up the "at least" part, when I said there was at least one more psychopath. I actually knew that there was just one more but I wanted to make the mad part more dangerous than it actually was. Of course it's possible there was a role that made people mad in which case the sane=town would have been plausible.
rOver
rOver
Goon
rOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (isolation #25) » Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:09 pm

Post by rOver »

Mgm, that's pretty strange. Here's the message I got last night:

"You lose all powers you had before, but you can communicate with Mgm and discer, your fellow cult members during the night."

I'd guess you got something similar so you would know that I was mad and became sane. I read it pretty late in the night so we never actually talked, but I thought you knew we were in the same team :)
rOver
rOver
Goon
rOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (isolation #26) » Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:10 pm

Post by rOver »

Well that's part of the message anyway, here's the whole:
Someone wrote:Your madness is upon you, in your nightly rage. However, on your rampage you get knocked out...

You awaken in a strange bed, where a strange man looks down on you. he looks completely peaceful. You feel his pacifist ways oozing into you. You are now part of the sane cult. Your leader may recruit a subject every night.

You lose all powers you had before, but you can communicate with Mgm and discer, your fellow cult members during the night.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”