Mini Normal 1908 - In The Web (Game Over)

Tarkus
Tarkus
Goon
Tarkus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (isolation #0) » Tue May 02, 2017 11:50 am

Post by Tarkus »

VOTE: BigYoshiFan
because
reasons
Tarkus
Tarkus
Goon
Tarkus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (isolation #1) » Tue May 02, 2017 11:53 am

Post by Tarkus »

I suffered a super embarrassing loss in a smash tourney recently so now I am a BigYoshiH8er
Tarkus
Tarkus
Goon
Tarkus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (isolation #2) » Tue May 02, 2017 11:58 am

Post by Tarkus »

Catch these hands u little green sonofa
Tarkus
Tarkus
Goon
Tarkus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #356 (isolation #3) » Thu May 04, 2017 9:44 am

Post by Tarkus »

ok time to get in on this, blazing hot reads coming right up

Town:
TwoFace, Hikari, Mort, Mario, Ircher

Scum:
Yoshi- Seems like a lot of defending and not much hunting
Titus- Posts are giving me an off vibe, particularly , , . I'm not seeing what you're seeing on Mort either.
CDB- I don't like and that's all I have to go on so

Everyone else are varying shades of null. If I had to pick between the two leading wagons right now I'd vote Transcend. Town reads are there mostly because they seem to be legitimately scumhunting and don't have posts that I find too objectionable. I'm having trouble reading people so far and haven't put much time in, but this is what I got for now.

This is not my typical activity level btw. Lots of IRL craziness going on but that should let up after tomorrow!
Tarkus
Tarkus
Goon
Tarkus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #363 (isolation #4) » Thu May 04, 2017 10:52 am

Post by Tarkus »

It's the first type of 'null' Mort, I'm leaning back-and-forth on him. He's doing a lot of asking for explanations and "what/why?" posts, but then not really digging into them. Seems kinda superficial. The questions themselves I think have been generally fair though, and he's had some posts that look kinda towny to me (, , , +)

That was a weird interjection I agree
Tarkus
Tarkus
Goon
Tarkus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (isolation #5) » Thu May 04, 2017 11:18 am

Post by Tarkus »

95 because I was thinking the same thing that the callout from Transcend on HL was really weak. Is discrediting bad pushes scummy? (not rhetorical)
235 seems town in conjunction with 259. Makes me believe he does in fact think that double-voter=town, and I don't have a problem with that. Makes sense to me
Tarkus
Tarkus
Goon
Tarkus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #693 (isolation #6) » Sat May 06, 2017 9:03 am

Post by Tarkus »

Yayy finally have some time to play... and this is a mess, more beef in here than an Omaha ranch

I see the transcend case but it feels like ez bait to me. Makes me wary.

If anyone has some points of interest for me to look at that aren't based on meta or attitude issues, I'm all ears. Feeling pretty lost.
Tarkus
Tarkus
Goon
Tarkus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #697 (isolation #7) » Sat May 06, 2017 9:27 am

Post by Tarkus »

Seems like Transcend was playing the same way that gave Titus the town read in the first place, so why reconsider? She didn't give much leeway on the "hope he gives more later" part
Tarkus
Tarkus
Goon
Tarkus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #700 (isolation #8) » Sat May 06, 2017 10:13 am

Post by Tarkus »

UNVOTE:
Tarkus
Tarkus
Goon
Tarkus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #701 (isolation #9) » Sat May 06, 2017 10:17 am

Post by Tarkus »

In post 699, MMM wrote:With the bit of time I have right now:
In post 692, MarioManiac4 wrote:like the reasoning behind all of the emotion related to transcend is basically non-existent, like he tunnelled transcend and I'm not really buying that this was because transcend called him an idiot backhandedly. I feel like he may have been seeking a way out of a Transcend wagon he didn't want to stay on.
Being called an idiot wasn't the reason to get on
It was however an amazing reason to stay on afterwards and shit on him for everything
If he wasn't subbed my vote would be parked, even if he's subbed it probably is
No clue what you mean by "didn't want to stay on", I'm perfectly fine with doing so //shrug
What was the reason to get on?
Tarkus
Tarkus
Goon
Tarkus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #703 (isolation #10) » Sat May 06, 2017 11:04 am

Post by Tarkus »

I'm suspicious that you figured his reaction would be along those lines, like setting a test he was bound to fail (in your eyes) in order to justify pushing his wagon.

What kinda reaction would you expect if he's town?
Tarkus
Tarkus
Goon
Tarkus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #821 (isolation #11) » Sun May 07, 2017 7:04 pm

Post by Tarkus »

VOTE: MMM

I'm not buying this stance on transcend. I don't think it's accurate or fair to say that transcend wasn't doing anything and was only spewing nonsense. Seems more like you're scumreading him for doing things you don't like-- such as attitude and trying to lynch you and titus. It's true that he wasn't explaining much but I think you're exaggerating how cuHrayZee rAnd0m anTi-t0wN transcend was acting.

Could also go for a Mario wagon. Seems to be coasting by townreading too many people and acting exasperated about it.

@Mario Could you elaborate on what about MMM's explanations changed your read on him?

As I see it we're bogged down in two slots that are now empty, and I have a strong feeling that scum's pretty content with the game state. I know I'm part to blame, and it's tough playing without a full lineup, and motivation is low after the shitshow, but let's get something going!
Tarkus
Tarkus
Goon
Tarkus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #823 (isolation #12) » Sun May 07, 2017 7:44 pm

Post by Tarkus »

I need to sort him too. Got a case?
Tarkus
Tarkus
Goon
Tarkus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #841 (isolation #13) » Mon May 08, 2017 9:41 am

Post by Tarkus »

Why is MMM digging his heels in on Transcend, a slot you called 'town af', towny? I presume you don't agree with what he said in and , so could you explain more on why you're reading him as genuine? It seems like you changed your read just because MMM has a reason for his vote beyond emotion, and that's not making sense to me given the content of his posts
Tarkus
Tarkus
Goon
Tarkus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #953 (isolation #14) » Tue May 09, 2017 8:13 am

Post by Tarkus »

This sucks but I'm not going to endorse a fitz PL. Sure, maybe he should've seen this coming and not joined, but lynching him on some leftover beef that I really don't give a shit about isn't happening. I'll let him catch up, read that slot like anyone else, and keep trying to play the game. I encourage the rest of you to do the same.

On that note

VOTE: Gamma
Tarkus
Tarkus
Goon
Tarkus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #958 (isolation #15) » Tue May 09, 2017 8:26 am

Post by Tarkus »

Sure, but he's given us the options of forcing a replace or lynching fitz, and said he'll L1 him tonight. Sounds like a PL to me? I get that there are people on the wagon who scumread titus, but it seems like this fitz lynch is looming for the wrong reason
Tarkus
Tarkus
Goon
Tarkus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #960 (isolation #16) » Tue May 09, 2017 8:41 am

Post by Tarkus »

Idk yet. Too many unanswered questions due to the replace, I don't buy into meta reads, and I don't think the flip on transcend is worth lynching over.
Tarkus
Tarkus
Goon
Tarkus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #963 (isolation #17) » Tue May 09, 2017 8:47 am

Post by Tarkus »

Oh actually that was gross, "idk yet" is redundant and useless. I'll be more clear, I don't think Titus is scum
Tarkus
Tarkus
Goon
Tarkus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #968 (isolation #18) » Tue May 09, 2017 9:34 am

Post by Tarkus »

I like that term, consolation lynch. Doesn't really make me feel better about it. Seems premature, we have two new replacements and CDB's VLA is done now. I don't think the titus case is solid either. I have nothing to gain from questioning meta reads. If people vote on them that's ok with me, but they're not persuasive. I see the concern with Titus flipping her transcend read, but she replaced before addressing it and there are enough posts in-between that I'm not scumreading her for it.

L1 makes a difference because it gives scum the hammer in a situation where I don't think it's necessary yet, when we still have things to gain by letting replacements and CDB catch up. With the current mood, I don't think they'd get a lot of pushback for it.

I think titus left because she didn't like how transcend was playing towards her and was upset that we didn't lynch him for it.
Tarkus
Tarkus
Goon
Tarkus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #971 (isolation #19) » Tue May 09, 2017 10:36 am

Post by Tarkus »

Gamma seems to be egging on the titus/fitz lynch on the basis of having a tell that works if the slot flips scum, but his only reason for thinking it's scum is that Titus changed her transcend read. Like, I think the reason for the scumread is weak, and wanting a lynch to verify a tell that only works if the slot is scum is awfully convenient for scum trying to push this lynch.

He hasn't been exploring other options for a while now and I think tunneling on titus to this extent for the reasons he has given is scummy.

Plus after looking back on the earlier stuff I see what you're saying Mort. Makes more sense to me than most cases at this point.
Tarkus
Tarkus
Goon
Tarkus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #974 (isolation #20) » Tue May 09, 2017 10:43 am

Post by Tarkus »

HOLY SHIT STOP IT
Tarkus
Tarkus
Goon
Tarkus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #976 (isolation #21) » Tue May 09, 2017 10:44 am

Post by Tarkus »

PLEASE
Tarkus
Tarkus
Goon
Tarkus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1547 (isolation #22) » Fri May 12, 2017 11:48 am

Post by Tarkus »

I still want to lynch gamma, but could compromise onto Wheme if that's not gonna happen.

Sorry that's all for now, busy but I'll try to be back on in a few hours to do stuff

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”