FrozenFlame
FrozenFlame
Goon
FrozenFlame
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (isolation #0) » Fri May 12, 2017 4:46 pm

Post by FrozenFlame »

I fucking love the tempo of this game, its invigorating. No fucking walls of text and a chat like narrative makes for clean af catch ups and easily digestible game flow. I fucking dig it
In post 119, Ryker wrote:Why is it unnatural to ask a question in thread so that everyone can see the answer?

This is like the least Ryker question Ive ever read, I'm shocked you even bothered with this
In post 142, Gamma Emerald wrote:Oh my
It's been a while since I saw someone who included themselves in their reads

I'll forgive how pretentious this comes off for the fact that you made me laugh at how obvious it is you've never played with ryker before, let alone people with bravado heavy style. Thought maybe you weren't looking down on it and were just neutrally commenting on how how rare it is? Help me out with this
In post 151, Transcend wrote:Hi who wants to engage me
In post 159, Transcend wrote:Welp i can't even defend myself cause I'm at work
So these posts are legit like 5 min apart wtf is with that? "Hi engage mewaitno Im at work lol nvm" has me scratching my head
In post 169, marshy wrote:yo ryker. whats up dude? im glad youre in this game. ran adum and frozen too

for public knowledge we are all from the same homesite and fairly familiar with each other. however i have the most swag

I second all of these whatup homies salutations and attest to the validity of the entire second line
In post 196, Ryker wrote:On that note, I still play Smash competitively and I will likely not be around on Thursdays and will probably miss one entire weekend during this game due to tournaments. I'll give ample V/LA notice if I'm going to a tournament on a weekend, but just don't expect to see me on Thursdays.

no shit what you still grindin man? legit curious
In post 179, Gamma Emerald wrote:UNVOTE: Ryker
Like his reaction under pressure.

As pretentious and gross as it is that people are throwing around NAI like shit either just falls into that category or doesn't, I'm gonna have to join that wagon briefly to say that ryker's response to pressure is about as NAI as it gets

but now I'm gonna justify my hypocrisy by saying that this is totally different and since I have meta I actually have a basis for categorizing certain aspects of a give player's play as NAI

fuck why the fuck am I using NAI now y'all have fucking poisoned me

Anyway mulch seems gross af but kinda doubting scummulch openly antagonizes that much so early in D1. He's practically lynchbaiting himself.

VOTE: Transcend cuz I'm townreading Ran. many questions, much poking, heckin energy, so wow
FACT: Rapid chain teleportation is like having all of your matter instantaneously squeezed through a hole the size of a photon uphill both ways simultaneously.
FrozenFlame
FrozenFlame
Goon
FrozenFlame
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (isolation #1) » Fri May 12, 2017 4:49 pm

Post by FrozenFlame »

ninja'd
In post 197, Ryker wrote:
In post 191, Mulch wrote:
In post 179, Gamma Emerald wrote:UNVOTE: Ryker
Like his reaction under pressure.
What pressure?
That's what I was thinking, lmao
lol this is perfect
In post 203, Gamma Emerald wrote:@LaLight I hope you don't perform as bad as you did in SirCakez' Newbie I replaced out of.
HOLY FUCK SHOTS

this all but confirms that you were being deliberately pretentious earlier

I'm gonna be deliberately pretentious and put my honorary second vote on you
FACT: Rapid chain teleportation is like having all of your matter instantaneously squeezed through a hole the size of a photon uphill both ways simultaneously.
FrozenFlame
FrozenFlame
Goon
FrozenFlame
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (isolation #2) » Fri May 12, 2017 4:55 pm

Post by FrozenFlame »

In post 207, Gamma Emerald wrote:@FrozenFlame I was commenting on the rarity of that type of player. I haven't played with someone like that since Open 666 and I don't think they did it there so it doesn't really count, so the actual last time was my first game here.
In post 208, Gamma Emerald wrote:What
How does that make me pretentious?
well what you said re: including oneself in reads lists is arguably pretentious because you could have been insinuating that it's been awhile since you've seen it by virtue of the implication that it's low level play that you haven't seen since a less a time of less developed meta or something similar

you're no fun trying to sanitize this shit though, cmon just own it and give me a reason to rib you all game its more fun that way

I mean you blatantly throwing shade at LaLight involves some pretentiousness at minimum so cmon don't act like you're above it
FrozenFlame
FrozenFlame
Goon
FrozenFlame
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (isolation #3) » Fri May 12, 2017 5:01 pm

Post by FrozenFlame »

In post 213, Gamma Emerald wrote:Alright FF
@Ranmaru LaLight was town and stupidly self hammered in MyLo-1.
lmao you're amazing at ambiguous pretentiousness, its gonna feel so good to lynch you later

thought I'll admit your shade throwing was warranted here if its true that this bro literally self hammered as town in mylo like bruh cmon
FrozenFlame
FrozenFlame
Goon
FrozenFlame
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (isolation #4) » Fri May 12, 2017 5:05 pm

Post by FrozenFlame »

In post 215, Ryker wrote:I play Sm4sh, but I'm not great. I can take top 3 in locals because people are bad. My game, however, is still P:M.

I also play Blazblue.
mad respect for keepin on the PM grind, didn't want to ask specifically because I wasn't sure if it was a touchy subject post official development halt =P

blazblue is tight n all but y not Xrd instead? could be totally ignorant here cuz I havent really fucked with GG since non-plus accent core

lol I can't believe you roll roy in melee. You know Pyro the roy player? I he's in my city, I play him all the time so my shitty mid tier fox main ass atleast knows that matchup
FrozenFlame
FrozenFlame
Goon
FrozenFlame
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (isolation #5) » Fri May 12, 2017 5:07 pm

Post by FrozenFlame »

In post 223, Gamma Emerald wrote:Also do you scumread me FF or are you just grandstanding when you are saying you'll lynch me?
If I wasnt sheeping Ran I'd be voting you rn
FrozenFlame
FrozenFlame
Goon
FrozenFlame
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (isolation #6) » Fri May 12, 2017 5:09 pm

Post by FrozenFlame »

In post 225, Gamma Emerald wrote:Why
Is pretentiousness a scumtell?
absolutely

in the right context

not always though
FrozenFlame
FrozenFlame
Goon
FrozenFlame
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (isolation #7) » Fri May 12, 2017 5:21 pm

Post by FrozenFlame »

In post 227, Ryker wrote:I would love to talk to you outside of the game about it. Add me on discord sometime: Ryker #2103

(Also, I know of Pyro, but I just moved out of 2 years in Dallas with Sethlon and Lunchables)
booooooooo cmon man fluff up the thread with me talking about non-game shit =(

(aight fine I'll add you, and damn that's some premier tier Roy sparring)
FrozenFlame
FrozenFlame
Goon
FrozenFlame
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (isolation #8) » Fri May 12, 2017 5:38 pm

Post by FrozenFlame »

In post 230, Ranmaru wrote:FrozenFlame you can talk to me. Thoughts on Adum? I'm asking because I have no idea how to read the guy.
what do you want to talk about?

other than adum, dude's made like two posts containing 4 sentences total? you can't read him right now because there's nothing to read. give it time
FrozenFlame
FrozenFlame
Goon
FrozenFlame
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (isolation #9) » Fri May 12, 2017 6:03 pm

Post by FrozenFlame »

In post 234, Transcend wrote:VOTE: Frozen

Scum
crispy OMGUS bro ;)
FrozenFlame
FrozenFlame
Goon
FrozenFlame
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (isolation #10) » Fri May 12, 2017 6:08 pm

Post by FrozenFlame »

In post 236, Gamma Emerald wrote:CRISPY???
CRISPY CAPS BRO ;)
FrozenFlame
FrozenFlame
Goon
FrozenFlame
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (isolation #11) » Fri May 12, 2017 6:14 pm

Post by FrozenFlame »

In post 238, Gamma Emerald wrote:What does crispy mean
nothing its like saying cool except it keeps your shitposts xtra fresh
FrozenFlame
FrozenFlame
Goon
FrozenFlame
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (isolation #12) » Fri May 12, 2017 6:20 pm

Post by FrozenFlame »

hey I'm no kid I have a goddamn J.D.

plus I'd never copy what the kids are sayin, I'm ahead of the curve on this one
FrozenFlame
FrozenFlame
Goon
FrozenFlame
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (isolation #13) » Fri May 12, 2017 6:22 pm

Post by FrozenFlame »

does crispy sound like hipster lingo to you?

like have you ever met a hipster?
FrozenFlame
FrozenFlame
Goon
FrozenFlame
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (isolation #14) » Fri May 12, 2017 6:22 pm

Post by FrozenFlame »

that was @ Gamma emerald
FrozenFlame
FrozenFlame
Goon
FrozenFlame
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (isolation #15) » Fri May 12, 2017 6:28 pm

Post by FrozenFlame »

In post 253, Gamma Emerald wrote:Your mindset is that of a hipster.
man, I claim to set one trend and I'm slandered like this? harsh

oh wait shit thats libel
FrozenFlame
FrozenFlame
Goon
FrozenFlame
Goon
Goon

Post Post #485 (isolation #16) » Sat May 13, 2017 4:49 pm

Post by FrozenFlame »

In post 263, Transcend wrote:lookitme im scumhunterin i hav all theese thots

>sheeps ranmaru instead

looks like he doesn't want to commit to his actions which imo isn't genuine

plus when i voted him and he responded by saying i "omgused" that was pretty sickening given that his vote was dependent on someone else
man you really seem to be taking my content awfully seriously

you realize the thread had barely been opened 24 hours by that point right? If you think that was me trying to put on a scumhunting clinic you should think again. where in any of my posts did you get the feeling I was genuine looking for town cred for any of my shitposting?

sheeping ranmaru was a convenient way to keep laying town some pressure and signal I didn't have any serious reads yet. Except townmaru, pretty sure about that one

so to answer this:
In post 271, AdumbroDeus wrote:@frozenflame: why you sheeping ran? And don't just gimme that he's town.
my ranmaru tr made me feel more comfortable about adding pressure where he was looking to apply it but that was more a bonus really, I just wanted to hop on a leading train to keep pressin the gas a little bit
In post 443, Agent Sparkles wrote: - Agree with the points about his sheep vote and OMGUS accusation, but I don't think you responded to this part:
In post 204, FrozenFlame wrote:
In post 151, Transcend wrote:Hi who wants to engage me
In post 159, Transcend wrote:Welp i can't even defend myself cause I'm at work
So these posts are legit like 5 min apart wtf is with that? "Hi engage mewaitno Im at work lol nvm" has me scratching my head
which I'm curious about myself.
yeah wtf like I was making a bigger deal out of this than was probably warranted but the fact that you're ignoring it is pretty wack

@ Adum:
what you wanna sit n chat about man? It's early yet so I'm still floating most of my reads. from what ive seen so far I think SWF folks aren't plays today, not that I'm necessarily town reading us all, other wagons are more interesting to me at this point
FrozenFlame
FrozenFlame
Goon
FrozenFlame
Goon
Goon

Post Post #486 (isolation #17) » Sat May 13, 2017 4:55 pm

Post by FrozenFlame »

I'm not understanding zulfy's popularity can someone sell me on that wagon?

Interested to hear FireScreamer's impressions, 20 pages in 48 hours of only the most riveting dialogue will certainly be a zen experience

anyone have a confident read on mulch? interested to hear what people are thinking
FrozenFlame
FrozenFlame
Goon
FrozenFlame
Goon
Goon

Post Post #779 (isolation #18) » Mon May 15, 2017 5:47 am

Post by FrozenFlame »

In post 717, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 204, FrozenFlame wrote:I fucking love the tempo of this game, its invigorating. No fucking walls of text and a chat like narrative makes for clean af catch ups and easily digestible game flow. I fucking dig it

[followed by quotes and one line responses]
The irony of this post is fantastic fyi
Says they like the lack of walls, makes a wall post.
In what reality was post 204 a wall post? Like there's more quoted text in there than my own text. It looks big but clearly isn't a wall of text, it's mostly empty space thanks to how bulky quoting is.

Not sure where this comment is coming from almost 500 posts later? Especially when the comment itself involves nothing new since 204. Maybe I've struck a nerve with you and you're now obsessing over me? ;)
In post 485, FrozenFlame wrote:
@ Adum:
what you wanna sit n chat about man? It's early yet so I'm still floating most of my reads. from what ive seen so far I think SWF folks aren't plays today, not that I'm necessarily town reading us all, other wagons are more interesting to me at this point
@ Adum:
did you see this bro? you still haven't @'d me yet re: this discussion you want to have
In post 764, Agent Sparkles wrote:UNVOTE: Gamma Emerald

Not totally convinced by his "I'm sure I was scumreading him for ssomething else anyway," but looking back I don't think scum!Gamma would gain any benefit out of feigning cluelessness over Zulfy.

This feels right at the moment

VOTE: LaLight
this post scumpings hard for me but I'm having trouble articulating it. Will try to do so after lunch
In post 715, LaLight wrote:
FrozenFlame

Another person I completely forgot about. Let's see.

Why am I having an impression of reading rb, omg.
Hard. , and look good in the game context, but after this 90% is fluff. Like he pretended to be scumhunting for a while, got his townreads and hid.
Ok this analysis on me seems really artificial. How you tryna call 90% of what I say after these posts fluff when my post to ryker you quoted was literally the most fluffy post I've made all game? Like why include a link my post to Ryker where I'm blatantly not talking about the game and asking Ryker about smash bros and say that it "looks good in the game context"? I don't really follow what you're saying at all and it feels like you just picked a few posts to link and make a comment about so you could move on. I'm feeling after this post what Adum seems to be feeling as indicated here re: what you said in post 476:
In post 741, AdumbroDeus wrote:
Entire post is super mechanical without regard for context.
VOTE: UNVOTE

Gonna get some sushi in me and mull some of this new stuff over.

Sad no one even tried to sell the zulfy wagon. Spineless the lot of you

Also firescreamer you should tell me why you want me dead so that I can figure out if I want you dead for having bad reasons for wanting me dead thx
FrozenFlame
FrozenFlame
Goon
FrozenFlame
Goon
Goon

Post Post #865 (isolation #19) » Mon May 15, 2017 2:59 pm

Post by FrozenFlame »

My bad missing this adum
In post 516, AdumbroDeus wrote:Ok that makes sense, curious though this post (viewtopic.php?p=9211294#p9211294) suggests you've got a bit of a stronger scumread, why'd you think pressure sheeping ran was more productive still?
I was more messing with Gamma in 224 than anything else really. He asked me a shitty false dilemma style question so I gave him a deliberately non-responsive answer. He was trying to force me between "be blowing hot air" and "commit to saying you scum read me" as if that is the only reason someone would vote for someone, especially within the first 24 hours of the game. I felt like he was trying to corner me with those forced choices so I was non-responsive and didn't give him the answer he wanted. I just reasserted I'd vote for him, but said I was busy doing something else at the moment. I was just being snarky, not trying to say I had some crazy hard read that that point. Like I said, I wasn't exactly being deliberate in my engagements that early in the game.
Well in addition to what I already asked I'd like current thoughts on Gemma and transcend. Probably gonna be asking a few other things after that.
Gamma I've been ribbing because ever since his start with RQS, getting rattled by marshy's declaration of RQS being over (a la post 18), and generally just coming off as needing control and conformity to his standards of play, I've decided being antagonistic to this slot would be the best way to help me read it. Try to throw him off, bait unfiltered reactions and the like. Hasn't been as successful as I'd hoped as Gamma didn't bite as hard as I wanted, but still gave me some insight into the slot. Slot also has lots of early commentary on what exactly it is that mafiats like to do/not do which is always a narrative that scum love to control. But idk this guy likes to be passively authoritative so maybe he'd still be chomping at the bit to have that discussion as town.

Transcend I like pretty much only for consistency in votes, and choice of votes (except for when he voted me :mad: ). AS, Zulfy and Gamma are all fine plays IMO so I'll give him some cred. Also was expecting him to try to take more advantage of my early game laziness after he went and took my initial "big" post so seriously. When he dropped it after my response it made him seem slightly less opportunistic but he also seems good enough to realize pushing that too hard would've looked really bad and didn't want to catch full heat for pushing a lynch on such a shaky basis. Not quite a townread but not a top end play today IMO.
In post 806, AdumbroDeus wrote:
In post 786, Transcend wrote:Yeh but i wasn't using my lynchbait-y ness to dissolve a bw on me. I was just telling everyone what to expect from me.
Seriously stop bullshitting me. It was bleedingly obvious that this was the intent, again this is a song and dance I've personally done and you're just attempting to use semantic fig leafs to avoid it the obvious hypocrisy and it's not gonna work.

If I'm wrong you're better served trying to scumhunt, if you are just noobtown it should shine through. For my part when I get some time I'll look over some of your past games.
bro is it really "bleedingly obvious?" I like to think of myself as decently observant but I mean, though I agree its easy for him to cop out and just say "lol I didn't mean it that way" I don't necessarily think your read of his intent is so perfectly clear. This feels a little forced though I could see townbrodeus getting hung up on something like that if he was really subjectively sure of his read being correct. Adum you're going through a lot of effort here to be illustrative of what you've determined to be Trascend's intent which is making it hard to tell if that's genuine description or baity rhetoric for distracting but persuasive effect. Like a descriptive hitjob.
In post 813, AdumbroDeus wrote:Note: I've been devoting a lot of priority to FF and Marshy because they're very difficult reads and incredibly strong and dangerous players. Getting reads on them needs to be a priority. Ryker too, but I view him as an easier read (well, after my embarrassing flop when I adjusted my view on his gameplay) and I'm happy with my read on him atm.
In post 854, Ryker wrote:
In post 848, AdumbroDeus wrote:If we can't get some traction on an FF read I really want him gone, he's way too dangerous to be left alone.
I will reiterate that FF and Marshy are both incredibly dangerous to deal with in later phases and should be treated carefully in the event I'm not around to say it later.
Yall are definitely overestimating me at this point bros, you gotta remember this is my second game after a long ass hiatus. I'm still shaking off the rust, marshy can attest, I scrubbed it up in our last game together over on xkcd
In post 823, Ryker wrote:@everyone

Can I get your bottom four and how many of them you're willing to lynch at this point.
Prob Zulfy, Sparkles, LaLight, Gamma in nor particular order right now. Still thinking about where to push for real rn
In post 793, Agent Sparkles wrote:Which question by LaLight? ANd FF never answered me so I'm waiting for that.
Literally ISO'd you bro and didn't see a single @ FF or something similar so not sure what question you're looking for me to answer. Whatever it was it wasn't clear
FrozenFlame
FrozenFlame
Goon
FrozenFlame
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1063 (isolation #20) » Tue May 16, 2017 6:14 pm

Post by FrozenFlame »

Gamma saying "sure dudes I'll join the AS wagon but only if my top preferred lynch choices don't gain momentum" and then proceeding to do nothing substantive to advocate for pumping his wagons of choice comes off as hella stallish to me

but the fact that Gamma is waffling on me has me puzzled because I expected scumgamma to make a hard choice about me and stick with it so that's throwing off my read

not gonna pull a Gamma though and do nothing while wishing another wagon was happening. I'm down to pump the gas on AS. He still hasn't even followed up on my request for him to actually explain what his alleged question he alludes to in 793 is. lends credence to what Ran's been saying re: the scumminess of the slot

VOTE: Agent Sparkles

Glad to see that AS's "This feels right at the moment" post (764, 26 iso) where he votes LaLight is also pinging for others (saw you felt the same way Mulch)

Still waiting on adum's "full" response to the post of mine he said he originally didn't have time to deal with. Pretty curious to hear what its got his brain cookin

Bless whatever poor soul ends up replacing Zulfy into a 43 page D1, thats a herculean read
FrozenFlame
FrozenFlame
Goon
FrozenFlame
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1064 (isolation #21) » Tue May 16, 2017 6:16 pm

Post by FrozenFlame »

If people are starting to feel a gamma wagon though holla atcha boi cuz that sounds crispy af
FrozenFlame
FrozenFlame
Goon
FrozenFlame
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1242 (isolation #22) » Thu May 18, 2017 4:49 am

Post by FrozenFlame »

In post 1142, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1141, Ranmaru wrote:Why do you think the push is scum motivated if you yourself joined the push? Does this change your opinion?
I scumread the wagon's occupants who aren't me.
My opinion isn't really changed since I took my own participation into account when pointing the finger.

Bolded literally made me lol
In post 1143, marshy wrote:the point remains the same though. you obviously saw town motivation behind pushing a zulfy wagon and youre now basing your worldview around the wagoners on a target you YOURSELF supported

you are either town and have lost your mind having been bamboozled due to paranoia or scum lazily shitting on wagoners
Gamma wagon sounds pretty hype to me rn
In post 1109, Tammy wrote:I think they both come across strongly posturing in the thread. Ryker is mostly bravado that sounds really fake. Frozen flame doesn't sound as aggressive, but the pretentious thing he was throwing around at gamma just reads right.

They both read really fake basically. I don't believe they believe anything they say. Some people do grandstand as a matter of play style and course and I'm trying to figure out if I'm reading people who just play fakely or if they're really fake.

Oh trust me I absolutely believed it when I said Gamma was being pretentious. Granted, it was ambiguous whether or not he was being deliberately pretentious but I just decided to accuse him anyway. I totally meant it. I just wasn't 100% sure if I was reading his intent correctly.
In post 1109, Tammy wrote:All of Frozen flame's posts have just really rubbed me the wrong way.

Not sure if I'm having play style hatred for both of them though.
It's probably because I've been deliberately antagonistic and shitposty. So hatred for my playstyle isn't particularly unwarranted or unexpected
In post 1120, Tammy wrote:Not a newb thanks.

Even if I were scum here, nothing anybody says would make me go on shit gotta change my tactics.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Nothing anybody says would make you change your tactics eh? Nothing? Ever? You'll have to forgive me for not believing that for a minute lmao

Feels like the posturing you're accusing me and ryker of tbh
In post 1123, Agent Sparkles wrote:FrozenFlame- Townlean, if only because of . Here he shows a unique and considerably hard to fake way of reaction baiting by claiming to have been purposely antagonistic to try to throw Gamma off. The effectiveness of this is debatable, but it makes perfect sense in regards to his earlier “scumread” and shows a level of inventive scumhunting that looks genuine. Most of his other posts are null at worst when I consider that he started out trying to help apply pressure before committing to anything.

@Frozen, the thing I’d wanted an answer for was this, although it’s not really relevant anymore for reasons I just explained:
In post 443, Agent Sparkles wrote:I'm not sure I'm getting @FrozenFlame's page 9 scumread of Gamma. Gamma comments that he hasn't seen anyone include themselves in a readslist in a long time, so FF assumes he's being pretentious without much cause and thinks it's scummy?

Ah ok, well glad that got cleared up for you
In post 1067, Ranmaru wrote:Frozenflame I want full reads list bro.
Town

Ranmaru
Ryker

Town Lean

Mulch

Neutral Non-Plays

marshy
Adumbro
FireScreamer

Neutral Possible Plays

LaLight
Zulfy

Scummy Strong Plays

Tammy
Gamma Emerald
Agent Sparkles

Here's where Im at right now. Ordering is loose within tiers other than you (Ran) being my absolutely top town read. Tammy is a recent addition to my scum reads because her recent content is pretty icky. LaLight is likely subject to change because I want to ISO him tonight after work.
In post 1073, Ryker wrote:FF, talk to me about Lalight.
See above comments to Ran re: plans to ISO lalight
FrozenFlame
FrozenFlame
Goon
FrozenFlame
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1244 (isolation #23) » Thu May 18, 2017 5:32 am

Post by FrozenFlame »

In post 1243, Gamma Emerald wrote:Why do you read Tammy as scum
1118 and 1120 in response to Transcend calling Tammy scummy are just gross af. Very oversensitive/defensive to even the slightest questioning of her towniness. I mean just read these two posts and tell me your gut isn't wrenching
In post 1118, Tammy wrote:I always finns it amusing when people explain their wrongness on me, so hit me baby!
In post 1120, Tammy wrote:Not a newb thanks.

Even if I were scum here, nothing anybody says would make me go on shit gotta change my tactics.
Speaking of Transcend, I completely forgot to include him in my reads list. He sits on the high end of neutral non-plays, bordering on town-lean. Didn't like the slot as much early on but hes been growing on me. I actually feel almost the same way about Ryker. Ryker probably doesn't deserve to be a full town read for me at this point but he hasn't been pinging for me lately so I'll let it sit
FrozenFlame
FrozenFlame
Goon
FrozenFlame
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1255 (isolation #24) » Thu May 18, 2017 8:56 am

Post by FrozenFlame »

In post 1245, Transcend wrote:Errr

Didn't you just sheep Ranmaru early on
Well I sheeped his vote, and I guess I technically still am considering I followed him onto the AS wagon. But I'm certainly not 100% sheeping Ran on all my reads. Not sure what you're getting at here
In post 1246, Tammy wrote:I have a theory you [Ryker] play on a site that mafia kills are handled differently than every other site I've played on, so the questions themselves might not have anything to do with anything.
This is a really bizarre theory. What are you even getting at? Are you saying you think he's used to playing games where flips are handled differently or are you actually referring to the way NKs are resolved relative to other abilities during night phase? Really curious about the relevancy of these potential differences in "ways in which mafia kills are handled" as it relates to liking/disliking RQS.
In post 1247, Tammy wrote:It was gross.
What was? Me saying that Gamma was being arguably pretentious with his comment? I mean do you legitimately believe that there is no way that his comments to ryker re: including himself in his reads list could be interpreted as pretentious and condescending? I kind of explained it here already:
In post 211, FrozenFlame wrote:
In post 208, Gamma Emerald wrote:What
How does that make me pretentious?
well what you said re: including oneself in reads lists is arguably pretentious because you could have been insinuating that it's been awhile since you've seen it by virtue of the implication that it's low level play that you haven't seen since a less a time of less developed meta or something similar
So is it gross because you don't agree that my interpretation is a plausible one? Or because you just don't like that I called him pretentious? Because if its the former you're being thick and if its the latter you're being oversensitive.
In post 1247, Tammy wrote:It's very unenjoyable.
I literally considered replacing out last night, and still am, when I caught up to where I did because I'm not in the mood to deal with unenjoyable play styles right now.
Ok yeah so you're definitely oversens....
In post 1248, Tammy wrote:I am an oversensitive and defensive person [...]
Well that settles that.
In post 1248, Tammy wrote:
I don't think you know what over defensive or oversensitive actually mean, especially to place the very in front of it. I am an oversensitive and defensive person, but neither of those response are that.
Mmmmm yes, classic positive ad hom. "I'm an Xish person therefore I am an authority on Xishness and know what it means for something to be Xish better than you do." That's some quality argument right there :roll:

That shitty argument goes the other way anyway btw. If you're such an oversensitive/defensive person, your standard for "ordinary" sensitivity/defensiveness is likely to be skewed toward higher degrees of sensitivity/defensiveness relative to a person who does not have oversensitivity/defensiveness as character traits. If we accept shitty ad hom logic, we can just as easily disqualify your ability to assess oversensitivity/defensiveness by virtue of your own bias due to being more likely to express those traits. Your propensity to express them makes you a poor judge for objectively identifying when they are presenting in the average individual, because what is "mild" or "ordinary" to you is likely extreme to the average individual.

Not that I actually care to assess your capacity for objectively assessing one's oversensitivity/defensiveness. Just pointing out how lame your ad hom is.
FrozenFlame
FrozenFlame
Goon
FrozenFlame
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1260 (isolation #25) » Thu May 18, 2017 9:23 am

Post by FrozenFlame »

In post 1249, marshy wrote:
In post 1247, Tammy wrote:It's very unenjoyable. I literally considered replacing out last night, and still am, when I caught up to where I did because I'm not in the mood to deal with unenjoyable play styles right now.
stick it out plz
But seriously don't replace out because of me, just NK me tonight if you're sick of my asshattery, I won't take it personally :wink:
In post 1256, Tammy wrote:Saying you don't know the meaning of a word is not ad hon please stop throwing around words while not understanding the meaning.
Man you really do like to be baseless condescending

It's absolutely ad hom to assert that I don't know what oversensitive/defensive mean when you then ground it with the implied argument "I on the otherhand do in fact know what they mean and have the authority to determine that you don't know what they mean because I am an oversensitive/defensive person." Maybe if you had actually explained how my use of the terms didn't fit the definition explicitly you could have had a non ad hom basis for asserting I don't understand those terms. But you didn't do that, and instead used shitty ad hom to give yourself credibility as an assessor of who does/doesn't know what oversensitive/defensive means so you could sound right when you say that I don't know what they mean instead of actually explaining how I used the terms wrong.

So please stop saying I don't know what things mean like a condescending fuck when you a.) haven't offered any substantive reasoning that illustrates my alleged lack of understanding and b.) are so poorly versed in the broad scope of the family of ad hominem fallacies that you literally failed to recognize your own commission of such a fallacy and tried misrepresenting what you actually said to make it seem like you didn't explicitly base your entire argument of my alleged ignorance on the predicate inference "I'm oversensitive/defensive so I know what those are, and thus rule that you FF do not know what they mean."

Yeah probably not helping the case for you not replacing out but hey nothing gets me going like people who clearly don't understand fallacies claiming that I don't understand fallacies
FrozenFlame
FrozenFlame
Goon
FrozenFlame
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1627 (isolation #26) » Wed May 24, 2017 2:57 am

Post by FrozenFlame »

In post 1614, marshy wrote:hella weird seeing adum killed n1
Agreed, completely shocked Ran wasn't the NK
In post 1619, marshy wrote:idk about lynchbait but

dude is never fucking townread. almost never. ran and ryker had him as town this game but that was a COMPLETE rarity and i found nothing adum did here to b out of his scumplay. pretty glad hes dead tho good player but dudes a pain in the ass to get lynched if you decide hes scum lol
^^^ so much this
In post 1618, Transcend wrote:food for thought: sparkles/gamma/fire
This lynchpool fucking speaks to me. Do you have noted associations among them that tie them together as a team or are these just your top 3 picks?
In post 1626, Agent Sparkles wrote:If that hammer was actually town, please don't ever pull something that awful again. Dear god, that was awful.
Ok so you're right that the hammer was questionable af but dude this post reads like extremely forced/fake outrage

So generally I think FireScreamer is like the only person in this game who had motive to kill adum considering adum had a hard on for grilling FS but that's almost too obvious. I could also see marshy/ryker/Ran encouraging an adum NK just because of marshy's comments above re: how difficult it can be to lynch him. Will need to ISO adum though to see if anyone else may have had strong motive

Generally just not a fan of how that zulfy wagon gained momentum so quickly which Agent Sparkles wagon literally stalled at 4 for fucking ever. People have been saying bussing is site meta but my gut tells me scum weren't exactly jumping at the AS wagon for whatever reason. Zulfy wagon just seemed like a very easy out to avoid getting on what was before then the most popular wagon. Gonna get back on that for now

VOTE: Agent Sparkles
FrozenFlame
FrozenFlame
Goon
FrozenFlame
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1632 (isolation #27) » Wed May 24, 2017 4:33 am

Post by FrozenFlame »

In post 1629, Agent Sparkles wrote:Who would you suspect the most if I flipped town? Your vote on me seems to be heavily based on associations
I'd probably give gamma and Lalight a hard look if you flipped town but really I need to take a look at how your wagon evolved yesterday. And no, my vote on you isn't at all based on associations, thats why I'm asking transcend to elaborate on his lynchpool because if he's picking up on associations Im missing I want to hear about them. My vote on you is entirely based on the fact that I find it extremely sketchy that your wagon stalled so hard when frankly I don't think anyone was really articulating any strong reasoning as to why you ought be townread/not wagonned, which makes me feel like town players were just feeling apathetic about the wagon and scum used that apathy as an excuse to not bus and wait for something else to catch on. That and the fact that I think Ran made some good points re: you not really caring to follow up and drill down on the people you were pressing D1. But yeah its mostly the fact that your wagon hit a brick wall absent any concrete opposition to your lynch, while Zulfy's wagon super turbo'd with almost no effort whatsoever. I didn't see your slot as being particularly distinguishable from Zulfy as far as being a play is concerned, so yeah, that very clear difference in how your wagons were handled I find unsettling.
In post 1630, marshy wrote:what the fuck?

smh. no more of this paranoia to shade blatant non plays. no more. this is what sunk us in xkcd. no idea why youd reactively say this when theres more than enough to read ran and ryker

frozen. you need to step it UP today dude. like hardbody boi
I think you're reading into what I'm saying a little too much. I'm not at all suggesting that merely by virtue of the adum NK that suddenly you/Ran/ryker are plays. Not even close. I was just spitballing here and saying what potential motives immediately came to mind upon seeing the flip. Again, adum is a weird as fuck NK target and I was articulating some simple explanations that came to mind. Not really sure why me mentioning that you/Ran/ryker might have motive to kill adum based on meta is so offensively bad to you. I wasn't at all saying we should be looking at you three as top plays. Far from it.

I guess if you felt that I was trying to be sneaky here and subtly throw shade at you just based on this NK motive argument I can get why you're having such a severe reaction but damn man I'm a bit surprised you reacted this way
FrozenFlame
FrozenFlame
Goon
FrozenFlame
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1859 (isolation #28) » Thu May 25, 2017 4:37 am

Post by FrozenFlame »

Not cop.

I buy LaLight's claim. ScumLight gains nothing from sticking his neck out like that just to town confirm marshy. There isn't even anything approaching serious momentum for a marshy wagon today, nor should there be. Why blow a big fakeclaim when under barely any pressure to clear a slot that frankly no one has strong opinions about? The whole having to wait until N3 for another investigation being motivation for claiming now makes perfect sense to me given LaLight's articulated fear that he may not live that long. Plenty of folks, myself included, have been tossing around LaLight as a preferred play so I think his claim comes from a place of town motivation i.e. he wants to reduce confusion and allow people to focus their attention more fruitfully, and of course provide the town with a nice clear on a hard to read slot.

I think the arguments re: whether a cop ought investigate null slots or top scum slots is debateable and kind of a wash. Investigate nulls and you get info on slots that will be the hardest to read later due to lack of associations with the people who flip early, at the risk of missing important early game clears/guilties to secure early game scum lynches/avoid early town mislynches. Investigate top scum reads early to avoid early mislynches and correct poor groupthinky scumreads, or confirm them for easy early game town advantage and of course the ever crucial scum flip, at the risk that you let those null reads remain null and become nasty question marks in the late game.

Either way, whether or not I think LaLight was strategically optimal in choosing marshy is kind of irrelevant. Point is it makes sense given his order of operations in sheeping marshy and then basically saying lol fuck it and just spilling the beans.
In post 1822, Ranmaru wrote:Lalight, here is the thing. You played a suspicious and weird game. You haven't been as proactive as I would expect from a cop. Compare that to Mulch's play.
Uhhhhh what? Why in the world would a cop want to be a huge obnoxious presence like mulch was early on? If you draw that much attention to yourself you're likely to be either heavily scum read or heavily town read by a decent chunk of the game. Lots of townreads gets a bullet which is horrible cop play. Lots of scumreads puts you on lynch lineup which might force you to claim early which is horrible cop play. Being questionable enough to not eat an NK but also townie enough to avoid lynch pressure is the sweetspot big PRs really ought to shoot for. Im not saying that LaLight hit that sweetspot, but how the fuck do you think mulch is emblematic of "expected" cop play? I couldn't disagree more here. Drawing attention to oneself like mulch did so early in the game is antithetical to the play a strong town PR should exhibit IMO.

Transcend has been on an upward trend IMO all game and him sticking his neck out to confirm a slot like LaLight only continues that. Ignoring the actual circumstances of how this claim played out, I think anyone would recognize that LaLight's slot wouldn't necessarily be believe at face value. For example, if we were wagonning LaLight right now and then he made this claim to save his ass, I doubt it would be received all that well. LaLight & Transcend being scum together doing a joint claim and support gambit is outrageously risky and doesn't make any sense for them to try to pull at this point in the game. And frankly, if Transcend and Lalight are scum pulling this stunt, why would Transcend offer such a vague confirmation? "I have reason to believe that he's actually an Odd night X" really to me makes a pretty clear suggestion about what's in Transcend's role PM, but it's still not offering much. Whereas had transcend really wanted to, he could have claimed something more powerful along the lines of tracker/reporter to say "Hey, LaLight actually did a thing last night, can confirm." I mean by claiming he has indicative info in his role PM, he's already claiming to be non VT, so why not go all the way if you're trying to pull a mega gambit?

Point is, I don't see scumTranscend and scumLaLight working together here. Willing to trust both of their claims. And I just really like Transcends lynch pool. Firescreamer can go for having obvious D1 interaction derivative motive to kill adum, Agent Sparkles for having a massively sketchy wagon stall followed by an almost effortless stampeding of Zulfy, and Gamma just because my gut hasn't like that slot all game and his play hasn't really done anything to assuage it. Down to start with FireScreamer though, as I agree with Transcend that he and FireScreamer were to two grossest votes on Zulfy. Speaking of which, I respect transcend's self awareness on that front but am also sympathetic to his impatience and wanting to end the day for some flips. Frankly I was feeling the same itch D1 which is why I was so irked by the fact that the AS wagon was going no where, a wagon which I felt actually had some merit and would have produced a much more useful flip.

Also Firescreamer and AS posting "I'll post something meaningful later" posts and not even reacting to Lalight's claim and Transcend's support of it is mind boggling to me. I have plenty of re-reading to do, namely going through adum's post and all of my top scum reads to crystallize those, but none of that is necessary to interact with recent developments meaningfully. Just feels stally, like they're taking their time to deliberate how to interact with such a potent claim.

VOTE: FireScreamer

That's L-2 as a heads up. Going to try to do some of my re-reading today, particularly re: FireScreamer and adum's observations and I'll comment on what I find to be illustrative
FrozenFlame
FrozenFlame
Goon
FrozenFlame
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1863 (isolation #29) » Thu May 25, 2017 5:33 am

Post by FrozenFlame »

In post 1860, Ranmaru wrote:True. I would say that I would want him to be as proactive, but much much more low key. I should compare him to Ryker instead. I disagree with playing scummy as a cop at least, since it forced him into this situation. I want him to reach the sweet spot. Now since you disagree with me, I want you to bring a better suggestion.
A better suggestion for what? I'm legitimately confused as to what you're asking of me here. Like are you asking me to fully articulate what I think optimal cop play is? Because I already sort of did that when I described the "sweet spot" above. Or are you asking me to explain whether or not I feel LaLight's conduct this game, outside of the claim itself and derivative discussion, fits that of a cop?

I'm mid ISO for adum and this little exchange caught my eye:
In post 743, FireScreamer wrote:
In post 739, AdumbroDeus wrote:
In post 536, FireScreamer wrote:VOTE: AdumbroDeus
In post 544, FireScreamer wrote:All Adum is doing is asking for people not around to show up and talk to him, not making an attempt to sort what is here.
In post 610, FireScreamer wrote:VOTE: Lalight
In post 726, FireScreamer wrote:There we go. I'm a firm believer that towns need to work together to accomplish anything. Consolidating onto a wagon that was forming on one of my bottom tier reads does more good than vanity wagoning Adum.

Do you understand?
*rubs chin thoughtfully*

Ok, the Lalight switch makes sense.

But why no attempt to push people into a wagon on me or to even interrogate me on what you found as suspicious before then?
I see no reason to fight for my vanity wagon when I can apply pressure elsewhere. You'd show up eventually and we could talk regardless of if i'm voting you.
In post 744, FireScreamer wrote:
In post 740, AdumbroDeus wrote:And don't give me that you don't think you could, it's pretty clear from your interactions so far that you have at least decent town control skills.
Ehhh. My ability to demand people come to me diminishes when i've not been around for 20 pages. If I actively thought you were a tier below light it's a different story.
In post 746, Gamma Emerald wrote:Why do you not want to pressure your reads FS? it's early in the day: vanity wagons are okay right now.
In post 747, FireScreamer wrote:I do want to pressure my reads. I voted on, engaged and iterated on my opinion of Lalight.

Do you disagree with that assessment?
In post 748, Gamma Emerald wrote:I'm still curious why you think vanity wagons are a no-no at this stage of the game. What happens when none of the wagons are on scum? Are you supposed to go "well this has no votes so I'm not voting it"?
In post 751, FireScreamer wrote:I'm not scumreading a vanity wagon. I'm saying that when someone else was getting wagoned who I find as scummy I don't want to dig my heels in.

It's a lot of different factors at once. Light and Adum were both scumreads, the wagon on light was being pushed by townleans ect.

I'm just explaining why contextually in this example it made sense for me. I'm not saying all vanity wagoning right now is bad, im just explaining why I took an alternative when offered
In post 752, FireScreamer wrote:Why do you think I'm voting frozenfire Adum, why do you think that is?
In post 755, AdumbroDeus wrote:I'm not questioning your vote, FF is a good place for pressure as I've illustrated by questioning.

I'm questioning your commitment to those votes. Because I can see the only place where you showed commitment was when others explicitly set you up. No questions of them, no attempts to push others on the wagon, no nothing.
In post 757, FireScreamer wrote:What do you think that's indicative of?
In post 759, AdumbroDeus wrote: ... This question is beyond useless, lack of commitment to reads and pushes indicates fake scumhunting obviously.

Enough of this.

VOTE: FireScreamer
In post 761, FireScreamer wrote:I'm trying to help you think critically. I ask very inane questions, they always have reasons. I'm trying to help you understand what I'm doing while at the same time sorting you.

Gamma can you vouch for my playstyle here.
In post 762, FireScreamer wrote:Adum. I've been in the thread for about 16 hours. I've bettlejuiced two of my scumreads into engaging with me and I'm going for the triple, I don't know what else you want from me
Basically I think this whole back and forth between FireScreamer and adum, which some Gamma commentary included, is the most pressure FireScreamer has felt all game. Pretty illustrative of his general reluctance to induce clarity underpressure and instead his instinct to try to flip the situation and place the onus on adum to figure out his (FireScreamers) motives. Pretty shady IMO.

The Gamma interactions peppered in there feel really gross to me, but it almost feels too obvious. My gut tells me Gamma is serving FireScreamer up softballs re: defending his vanity voting, but goddamn that is some obvious buddying for scum buddies. I mean FS even asks Gamma to "vouch" for his playstyle at one point. That's ballsy as fuck buddying IMO. And of course there's this little gem:
In post 734, FireScreamer wrote:Gamma's town. Or not. But I think he is.
Like what the fuck kind of message is this supposed to send other than "lol I'm gonna soft comment on TRing Gamma but lightheartedly acknowledge I might be wrong teehee"

All this just makes a FireScreamer flip more valuable IMO, especially if he's scum. Part of me is saying there's no way scum buddy this obviously when one is under pressure from one fucking slot and thats it, but another part of me wants to believe that FS really was irked by the pressure and leaned on a scummate who happened to be active in the thread to shake it. Idk, I'm kind of stream of conscious-ing right now. Let me know what yall think
FrozenFlame
FrozenFlame
Goon
FrozenFlame
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1864 (isolation #30) » Thu May 25, 2017 5:35 am

Post by FrozenFlame »

The "back and forth" and referring to and clusterfuckingly tried to summarize with my horribly formatted quotes all takes place in the 720 - 760ish range just for easy reference in case my post makes your eyes bleed. Late page 29-31 covers everything I think
FrozenFlame
FrozenFlame
Goon
FrozenFlame
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1865 (isolation #31) » Thu May 25, 2017 5:36 am

Post by FrozenFlame »

EBWOP: The "back and forth" I'm* referring to
FrozenFlame
FrozenFlame
Goon
FrozenFlame
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1938 (isolation #32) » Thu May 25, 2017 7:40 am

Post by FrozenFlame »

Holy dayvigs batman! Missing the action is what I get for going to lunch I suppose

Ran, why not FS or Gamma? I mean I see your rational re: AS flip informing many reads on FS but idk, I feel like the FS flip could have been just as useful for reciprocally informing reads on Gamma/AS especially considering the exchange I noted while ISOing adum. Whatever though, what's done is done and this doesn't change my TR on you.
In post 1866, Ranmaru wrote:@
Frozen Flame
: The former. (Expand on the sweetspot thing) I'm not doubting Lalight anymore, and I'm glad he claimed. It is helping me focus.
Well I don't really have too much more to add. Basically I think optimal cop play is you want to be present enough to 1.) Not get unnecessary heat for lurking and 2.) not get read by the scum as hiding in the shadows and thus likely have a PR. You probably shouldn't be spearheading wagons early on because if you're nailing scum with your reads you're asking for a bullet, so I think it's best to play support on wagons you find to have merit but being the leading voice is generally a bad idea IMO. Makes you seem non threatening to scummies. But of course there's no universal best set of tactics for any PR, this is just my take on it in a vacuum. And obviously the longer you live in the game the less relevant all of this becomes. IMO the cops goal should be to live atleast 2 day phases and get a guilty which you claim pretty much asap unless you are in a position to spearhead a wagon on the guilty without having to claim, or get 2 town clears on players that are likely to survive to late in the game since if you targets get lynched/NK'd those investigations are wasted. Hopefully that answers your question.
In post 1924, Tammy wrote:I was a town universal backup (it was specifically noted to back up town roles, I'm not sure if that's normal as I've never been a back up before and only seen universal ones like once.)

I'm now a neighborizer. I did not get access to any thread Sparkles had last night though :(
So are you saying you
automatically
take on the first town PR to die? In my experience the backup usually gets to choose to take on the role of any dead townie on any given night in the game. Basically promotes meaningful choices re: risk reward of either taking the first PR you see for maximum use value vs. playing wait and see to potentially give an amazing PR second life.
In post 1923, marshy wrote:massclaim mafia itt
lmao

wasn't my idea this time don't hate me bro

but yeah in all seriousness I don't think this is the time for massclaim at all

AS town flip definitely undercutting my confidence right now though. Definitely need to do some more review
FrozenFlame
FrozenFlame
Goon
FrozenFlame
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1942 (isolation #33) » Thu May 25, 2017 7:52 am

Post by FrozenFlame »

I hear you re: Gamma/Fire being targets that are easy to lynch but I guess I see the dayvig's utility as more being the ability to get an instant flip that DOESN'T end the day, therefore allowing for combo setups. Like getting to confirm FS scum via dayvig flip would put us in a great position to pivot off of that scum flip for another hit today. There is definitely merit to wanting to see the FS wagon play out though and see who ultimately commits to closing it out.

Not trying to start and argument though, I'm not saying AS was a bad shot. Just would've preferred to have Gamma flip because its a nagging gut read of mine and FS for validation/repudiation of adums read + connections to other slots. Ultimately its just preference though, can't fault you for shooting someone you've consistently been scum reading since early D1, especially after the wagon stall which I mentioned multiple times was frustrating to me. I'm sure that sentiment only applies moreso to you lol

and yes Ran I'm referring to xkcd game when I say it wasn't my idea for massclaim this time

funnily enough massclaiming is what allowed us to pin marshy as SK in that game but unfortunately for me and the rest of the town, lynching the SK caused us to get endgamed. Some mafiats had better fake claims than others, but marshy's was clearly the obviously anti town. Idk if you read the whole thing but SDK's claim was extremely strong, I got super played there. Jimbob's roleblocker claim was shit and though I distrusted it I should've come down harder on it... but yeah slightly different scenario there as well as the game guaranteed that every slot had a PR so in that scenario I knew everyone would have to commit to something. Not the case here as we obviously have VTs.
FrozenFlame
FrozenFlame
Goon
FrozenFlame
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1943 (isolation #34) » Thu May 25, 2017 7:58 am

Post by FrozenFlame »

In post 1926, marshy wrote:fuck. we should have had ran shoot d1 then lynch him then have tammy shoot d2 then lynch
lmao getting to double dayvig in early game is probably the only scenario that would justify massclaiming for marshy

man loves to dispense justice via unilateral brap brap pew pew
FrozenFlame
FrozenFlame
Goon
FrozenFlame
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1948 (isolation #35) » Thu May 25, 2017 8:03 am

Post by FrozenFlame »

In post 1945, Tammy wrote:It's automatic. I become the first town pr to die.
ty for confirming

Wasn't trying to suggest what you were claiming was wack but it just isn't the norm in my experience and tbh you weren't being very clear at all lol
FrozenFlame
FrozenFlame
Goon
FrozenFlame
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1950 (isolation #36) » Thu May 25, 2017 8:15 am

Post by FrozenFlame »

It's not inconceivable that there could be a scum backup role that operates more the the backup role I described earlier where the power isn't automatic and just allows the player to pick up any one dead player's powers. Could be useful for scum to pick up a number of different town roles, if only to be able to use it as a fake claim. But picking up tracker/watcher/report/voyeur/cop could be useful for spreading disinformation by faking results. Doctor is useful for protecting buddies against SK crossfire/vig shots. Jailer for same reasons plus ability to just RB people while claiming to be protecting. Plenty of conceivable reasons why a backup could be a useful scum role.

The automatic nature of tammy's claim makes it trickier to balance as a scum role because there are some roles that just don't really benefit the scum to use at all, just neighborizer. I mean frankly, if tammy is scum, picks up neighborizer, and then town confirms herself to someone, that's arguably bastard modding because he'd be modconfirming as town a scum player. I mean yeah you can make the argument that Miller/Godfather/Tailor are bastard modding by that rationale but that's different because it is well known that there are roles that impact cop investigations due to the fact that cop investigations are just straight up OP without having the potential for fuckery in the mix.

Ultimately all of this is a bit moot though because tammy isn't a play today and she's saying she's going to confirm herself to you N2 so I'd rather rely on that confirmation than waste time speculating how much automatic town backup is a clearing claim.
FrozenFlame
FrozenFlame
Goon
FrozenFlame
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1951 (isolation #37) » Thu May 25, 2017 8:16 am

Post by FrozenFlame »

fuck didn't realize Ran was page bottom, my above post is responding to this:
In post 1949, Ranmaru wrote:Tammy does this mean you are confirmed town? Is UB usually only town?
FrozenFlame
FrozenFlame
Goon
FrozenFlame
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1962 (isolation #38) » Thu May 25, 2017 8:30 am

Post by FrozenFlame »

In post 1952, Ranmaru wrote:Frozen Flame what's your read on Ryker?
See viewtopic.php?p=9228468#p9228468 in conjunction with this followup from 1244:
In post 1244, FrozenFlame wrote:Speaking of Transcend, I completely forgot to include him in my reads list. He sits on the high end of neutral non-plays, bordering on town-lean. Didn't like the slot as much early on but hes been growing on me. I actually feel almost the same way about Ryker. Ryker probably doesn't deserve to be a full town read for me at this point but he hasn't been pinging for me lately so I'll let it sit
Basically early game ryker I felt good about. Problem is, he hasn't done anything to really maintain my confidence in him and so my town read has been eroding over time. This erosion combined with the new PoE I can use given the new flips and claims is changing my read on the slot. He's no higher than null at this point. With AS flipping town ryker becomes a top contender for 3rd scum in my top 3 after FS and Gamma. I don't have any strong argument for those three as a team via interactions though, so I'll need to do more review before advocating that. So yeah in summary, he's not a top play priority atm but he's no longer a town read for me.
In post 1953, Gamma Emerald wrote:Neighborizer isn't masonizer wtf
Not sure what you're getting at? Last time I played with neighborizer the role was "Target a player at night. Target receives confirmation that you are town aligned."

This is a weaker version of masonizer/mason recruiter which is "Target a player at night. If target is town aligned, you will be confirmed as town aligned. If target is not town aligned, you die." Sometimes the role allows for daychat if town is successfully "masonized." Sometimes the role allows you to target a new player every night and add to the masonry indefinitely, but if you ever target anti-town, all masoned players die with you. Big risk reward style role. Either way, in my experience both roles involve town confirmation of atleast one player. Are you saying this is not how neighborizer is design here on MS?
FrozenFlame
FrozenFlame
Goon
FrozenFlame
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1966 (isolation #39) » Thu May 25, 2017 8:37 am

Post by FrozenFlame »

In post 1964, Gamma Emerald wrote:Ah
FF you're think of Friendly Neighbor.
Ah, so you're saying that neighborizer here is "Target a player at night. You and Target will enter into a daychat where you may communicate with one another outside of the thread. Neither play receives confirmation of the other's alignment"?

That makes sense, I just was misled because when tammy said she was going to confirm herself to Ran tonight, I immediately thought "oh she can confirm herself? must be friendly neighbor." But I guess what tammy meant is that she's going to confirm the fact that she can neighborize to Ran, not confirm her alignment? Tammy can you clarify?
FrozenFlame
FrozenFlame
Goon
FrozenFlame
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1969 (isolation #40) » Thu May 25, 2017 8:49 am

Post by FrozenFlame »

In post 1967, Tammy wrote:I will be able to confirm that I am now the neighborizer, yes.

It will not confirm my alignment, no.
ty

This does make me wonder why it's your favorite role though. Being able to privately chat with someone who I, ostensibly as town, have no idea whether or not they are town or scum, isn't particularly exciting to me. This preference is probably as NAI as NAI gets though so I just thinking out loud, don't bother explaining if you don't feel like it, just was a curious choice of favorite role to me
FrozenFlame
FrozenFlame
Goon
FrozenFlame
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1971 (isolation #41) » Thu May 25, 2017 9:05 am

Post by FrozenFlame »

In post 1968, Ranmaru wrote:That's just really interesting. A universal back up gets a role that can neighborize. If UB usually can only absorb one alignments roles, this may in a way clear Tammy? Get what I mean guys?
So let's think about this. Tammy is claiming that she copies the "first town power role to die." The automatic nature of the role is unconfirmable, because if she is anti-town with a "duplicator" role as described earlier, she could easily choose to just duplicate the first PR to die and then claim she was forced to do so.

So basically one of the following must be true. Either A.) Tammy is town (and therefore presumably has no reason to lie) and is legitimately an automatic backup for the first town PR to die or B.) She is a scum "duplicator" that allows her to take on the powers of any dead PR on a night of her choosing.

If B, is the case, then she's capitalizing on the neighborizer flip to pick up an easy to confirm role that frankly doesn't give the town much utility, but boosts her status because she'll get some town cred for her claim checking out. She would do this to avoid having to claim non-automatic town universal backup later in the game, and then have to go though the charade of justifying her later pick and all the rationale that went into the timing of the pick, weighing it against other dead PRs and their utility, etc. Cashing in early for a lukewarm, weak utility role like neighborizer cements her as having an easy safe claim that she can confirm for easy town cred, and allows her to avoid being directed by the town later and thus force her to either cooperate and help the town by extending the life of a stronger town PR, or risk her own life through non-coorperation.

So basically if she's scum, she would have had to identify taking the neighborizer as the low risk low reward play and jumped on this moment to claim in order to make the claim seem more legitimate considering she was under no pressure whatsoever to make her claim. In fact her claim seems impulsive, that impulsivity perhaps driven through legitimate excitement about getting her "favorite" role, or perhaps it was calculated "fake impulsivity" designed to capitalize on the maelstrom of activity taking place and give her claim a feeling of greater authenticity.

If she's town, then she just claimed what she did because that's what she actually is and didn't have a choice in the matter re: the power she took and was legitimately excited about what she got.

So to summarize, I think if we could actually prove that tammy is an AUTOMATIC backup that has to take the first PR to flip, you're probably right Ran that it would clear her because forcing a scum backup to take the first PR to flip, town or otherwise, could potentially create a lot of problems (problems which people seem to be suggesting would result in the role not making the cut for a normal game here on MS due to the thorough design vetting process). Problem is, we have no way to confirm whether her role is actually automatic or not, because if she had a choice she could very easily just pretend that her hand was forced and there would be no way to contradict her. So ultimately, the context and timing of her claim are more important to look at here when informing your read than the alleged automatic nature of her ability. So in a technical sense no, I don't think her claim clears her. But I think she is unlikely to make such a claim as scum given how much more potential there is for creating misinformation with a scum duplicator role later in the game with a better duplicated claim. But idk, I've never played with tammy before, and maybe the safe, low impact approach is how she plays scum? What do you think Ran?
FrozenFlame
FrozenFlame
Goon
FrozenFlame
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1972 (isolation #42) » Thu May 25, 2017 9:07 am

Post by FrozenFlame »

In post 1970, Ranmaru wrote:
In post 1960, Tammy wrote:My only pause on neighboring Ran is the fact that he might not make it through the night.
I say you target me anyway. That forces scum to choose between you/me and lalight/marshy. If I die, then lalight/marshy go on to live another day while being cleared.
So much this. Now that you've confirmed that you just created a private chat and your power doesn't confirm you as town to anyone, frankly your role is much less useful than I originally thought. Much rather force the scum to choose between odd night cop (and a potential doc coverage of said cop) and you possibly getting private chat with the game's top town read. Plus, now that Ran has already used his ability he's effectively VT, so its nbd if he takes a bullet other than the inconvenience of losing a strong universal town read. But I think most of us were already prepared for that loss last night so that isn't anything new.
FrozenFlame
FrozenFlame
Goon
FrozenFlame
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1984 (isolation #43) » Thu May 25, 2017 9:54 am

Post by FrozenFlame »

In post 1973, Ranmaru wrote:I'll answer you currently eating, but as I eat, could you talk to me about Transcend's play today? (and yesterday, now that you have AS's flip in mind)
As I've said before, I highly doubt scumscend sticks his neck out like that to lend credence to LaLight's claim. Insanely gambitty for a game where, now that we know AS was town, town's two best wagons D1 were on townies so clearly, pre-claim, scum aren't looking like they're pinned and need some huge game changing claim to revolutionize reads/momentum. Also, as previously mentioned, I doubt he chooses the method he did for supporting LaLight if he's scum. He basically just confirmed he's non-VT and that he has reason to believe the Odd night modifier is in this game. This shows he doesn't want to show his full hand but still wants to clarify the picture we have by minimizing his exposure for relatively greater informational gains since the context he's providing re: whether or not Odd night modifier is likely legitimate outweighs the exposure he's subjecting his own slot to. If he were scum, I'd expect him to make a full claim complementing LaLight's claim to drill the gambit home. If one of them flips scum they're both going down anyway, even with his minimalist support of LaLight by reference to mechanics in his own role PM. If you're going to create that obviously link and risk the one two punch if one of you eventually flips, why not sell the whole thing and just make a full complementary fake claim? It doesn't make sense to me for LaLight/Transcend working together as scum to pull this off in such a half baked fashion.

So generally speaking Transcend's towniness has been on the upswing today from my perspective and he is distinctly a non play. I will note though that I was a bit surprised when he posted 1861 & 1862, saying my firescream voting post was "good" and that I "might not have any tricks up my sleeve." Came off as trying to butter me up and prevent me from going back and questioning my interpretation of LaLight's claim and his support of it. Sure maybe he's thought I've been genuinely scummy this game and actually got town pings from my post, but it just had this gross feeling of patting me on the head and calling me a good boy while he pulls the wool over my eyes. I think mulch is right to call him on the sketchiness of that.
In post 1974, Mulch wrote:Transcend is basically claiming even night cop? I don't know if its right etiquette to do that but I think it's fairly obvious?
Well I was deliberately trying to not be this explicit in case the scum were potentially missing it but now that you've said it, I think the clear implication is that transcend is suggestion he is an "Even Night X" considering he was saying that he had reason to believe that LaLight's claim of having an Odd night modifier was legitimate. Highly doubt he's another cop, though it isn't impossible.
In post 1974, Mulch wrote:Why do people keep saying "not cop." ??? Should I be saying that too?
It just removes CC ambiguity by omission. If you say you're not cop, you're explicitly confirming you do not intend to CC LaLight. If you say nothing, it's ambiguous. Are you hesitating to CC because you want to see how he conducts himself post claim? Do you have a cop-esque role that doesn't necessarily warrant a direct CC? These are rhetorical questions meant to answer your question of why people are affirmatively saying they do not counterclaim LaLight.
In post 1974, Mulch wrote:1) I'm not obnoxious. 2) I really don't like this post. The logic is here but you basically just TR 2/3 people and defended them while then just pushing on the classic wagon afterwards.
1.) lol yes you were. I don't think it's much of an exaggeration to say that in the first 10 pages or so of D1 you constituted more than half of all posts in the game. That's a bit obnoxious. Don't take it personally though, I wasn't trying to shit talk you I was only using you as an example of distinctly NOT how I think a cop should play the early game. There was nothing inappropriate generally about your play so I hope you aren't taking my comment in that way.

2.) So you're saying you see the logic behind my post, but apparantly I'm bad for TRing people who we have good reason to TR and Im bad for joining a wagon on a scummy slot that my TRs are supporting? :thinkingemoji:
In post 1974, Mulch wrote: pings scum AGAIN from frozen flame. You spent an entire paragraph talking about mechanics and I sense a lack of authenticity in the post.
You understand that I was directly responding to a question Ran asked me here right? That's the only real paragraph in that post so unless you're referring to something else, I had good reason to discuss mechanics and related role strategy, because Ran literally asked me to go deeper in that analysis. Not sure why I'm getting flak for that.

It's pretty clear though that you think any post the involves discussion of how PRs might be designed, implemented, and utilized by different factions is "useless" so whatever you can take your shitty opinion and shove it because I think there's a lot of merit to it and your opinion on the matter certainly wont stop me from doing it
FrozenFlame
FrozenFlame
Goon
FrozenFlame
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1985 (isolation #44) » Thu May 25, 2017 10:32 am

Post by FrozenFlame »

In post 479, FireScreamer wrote:Not read the thread. Will read it over and post thoughts tomorrow night. My activity should not be a problem beyond that. I'm a very consistent poster once I get going. Was just busy the past couple days and this game exploded a little bit.
In post 1228, FireScreamer wrote:Generally I can find something that I am eager to push regardless of alignment. I'm going to look and see if I can make the argument that the AS wagon is being sheeped by scum. Which leads me to LaLight and FF actually.
Been ISOing FS and these stood out. Anyone else troubled that all this stuff he allegedly does regardless of alignment hasn't happened at all?
FrozenFlame
FrozenFlame
Goon
FrozenFlame
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2051 (isolation #45) » Thu May 25, 2017 1:58 pm

Post by FrozenFlame »

In post 1992, Ryker wrote:I really dislike you right now.

Please answer my earlier question.
Are you talking about this post? viewtopic.php?p=9246967#p9246967

I mean LaLight's claim kind of obviates doing a full ISO on him. I believe the claim and nothing he's done has been so overtly scummy that I would say he's a play over FS or Gamma right now.

I talk about the FS stuff that bothered me here (viewtopic.php?p=9248222#p9248222) and here (viewtopic.php?p=9249084#p9249084)

Gamma I've said multiple times is more of a gut read than anything. If you're looking for a full ISO I cant get to that until tomorrow as I blew all of my uninterrupted mafia time earlier today ISOing adum & FS. I can do AS/Gamma tomorrow.

As for hating on my suggestion to neighborize ran, I understand that you don't want to run the risk of Ran eating the bullet and then giving tammy the opportunity to play the "lol I keep failing and can never confirm my claim" card but that was really just coming from the idea that Ran is the most trusted, and now borderline cleared slot in the game, so he'd be the best to report back. But yeah you're right, its not necessarily the top play as it puts too many eggs in one basket counting on scum to feel pressure to off LaLight as claimed cop. Between marshy and Ran that 50/50 is good enough IMO, but yeah the more I think about it, tammy faking this claim and then needing to rope a scum mate in to fake confirm the neighborization seems wayyyy too involved for such a low stakes claim, so really she can target whoever she pleases, no need for direction as confirmation should be a no brainer here. The key is landing on someone who survives like you said. Problem is, if we don't direct tammy, she can always do what you've articulated fear of; claim she targeted whoever ends up dying. Without forcing her to commit to a set, scumtammy will always have the option to claim she targeted the NK. But yeah ultimately you're right that it doesn't need to be ran and we probably shouldnt direct her to ONLY target ran to keep scum guessing.
FrozenFlame
FrozenFlame
Goon
FrozenFlame
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2053 (isolation #46) » Thu May 25, 2017 2:03 pm

Post by FrozenFlame »

In post 2050, Ryker wrote:
In post 2003, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1997, Ryker wrote:At the moment, barring fake claim shenanigans, scum is Firescreamer, Frozenflame, and Gamma Emerald.
What makes this the case
PoE.

I know I'm town. I believe Mulch is town. If everyone is telling the truth on their role (Lalight, Transcend, Ran, Tammy, and Marshy by extension), there are only three players left.
Believe it or not this also is pretty much informing my lynch pool. To steal from Ran who stole from Transcend:

Vote Count 1.21 - FINAL
Zulfy
(7):
marshy
, Mulch,
AdumbroDeus
, Tammy, FireScreamer, Ryker, Transcend
(LYNCH)

Agent Sparkles
(4):
Ranmaru
LaLight
, FrozenFlame, Gamma Emerald
marshy
(1):
Agent Sparkles

Not Voting
(1):
Zulfy

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2017-05-26 16:00:00)

Tammy's claim is good enough that I'm willing for her to be a non play until we get hopeful confirmation tomorrow, I doubt scumscend sticks his neck out for LaLight like that after the cop claim, which leaves Ryker, Mulch, FS & Gamma.

Ryker/Mulch are pretty interchangeable for me, no strong read on either. Leaves Gamma and FS as top plays by PoE in addition to my gut on Gamma and FS's interactions with adum and Gamma to back the PoE up.
FrozenFlame
FrozenFlame
Goon
FrozenFlame
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2068 (isolation #47) » Thu May 25, 2017 4:05 pm

Post by FrozenFlame »

In post 2054, Gamma Emerald wrote:Me to back the PoE up: WHAT??
I'm not saying you personally are backing my PoE. What I'm saying is that
FS's interactions with you and adum
back up my PoE analysis. Like its just supporting evidence to me that lends credence to my picks via PoE. Hopefully that clarifies what I was saying.
In post 2059, Tammy wrote:Oh I just realized what time it is. I'm at the rink first thing in the morning and I need sleep. I'll be around tomorrow.
Early mornings at the rink sounds like the life of a figure skater to me. Am I right? Very cool if so, my mother spent a lot of time in her younger years doing competitive figure skating. Big passion of hers to this day, lot of respect for the art.

Hockey player myself so if its that instead, just as cool ;)
FrozenFlame
FrozenFlame
Goon
FrozenFlame
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2126 (isolation #48) » Fri May 26, 2017 3:14 am

Post by FrozenFlame »

In post 2109, FireScreamer wrote:
Replace me
Sorry to hear you're going through IRL struggles man. Unfortunately if your inactivity is supposed to be NAI then frankly your mild AtE here re: IRL I have to take as NAI as well.

In any event, can we just close out this wagon and save the potential replacement the pain and suffering of replacing into an 80+ page game in a slot that's about to be lynched anyway? Plus having memorial day weekend be a night phase sounds just peachy kthx
In post 2069, Ryker wrote:FF, my dude, I think you're scum as shit, but we should hang out after this game.
Really don't know what else I can do to show you I'm town at this point, I really am trying. I think you're just confusing rusty ass low confidence kind shitty at mafia rn 2017 FF for scumFF. If my scumhunting seems off or poor to you, I can assure you its just because 2017 FF fucking sucks at mafia compared to 2012 and earlier FF. It's just kind of the truth, I'm out of practice and so I'm struggling to develop strong read like I used to. If you want evidence that I'm actually this bad as town these days I urge you to go read Dark Tower Mafia over on the xkcd mafia forums. I quite literally threw the game there for town and my next most recent game is probably like 3-4 years ago. Honestly don't know what else to say to you at this point to help correct your misread.

I do hope that we have an opportunity to chill at national again someday soon so you marshy ran and adum can haze the shit out of me if I throw this game too. Then we can play some IRL mafia and I can stomp you all out because that's really all I was playing through law school =P
In post 2074, Ranmaru wrote:@
Marshy
: Lol.
I'm sure the way to find scum is to be depressed about the game state and somehow lynch all the scum in a row.
That's basically what happened in some mafia game I can't remember the name of. Where I helped lynch J with CONFIDENCE and he flips town on me, and then I'm like "man I dunno..." and then two scum flip lol. Then Gheb comes out like "Yeah I'm screwed, you guys can win."
I can assure you if the bolded was the case I'd be nailing scum rn better than babyjesus ever could in his prime :lol:
FrozenFlame
FrozenFlame
Goon
FrozenFlame
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2218 (isolation #49) » Sun May 28, 2017 7:59 am

Post by FrozenFlame »

Im busy af today so if people need my thoughts on something Ill have to get to it tomorrow night.

Really dont understand why we arent just lynching FS to,get the flip and getting to D3 where we can actually do some meaningful shit. This game is stalling for no reason other than people arent 100% sure that FS is scum which is like ridiculous because at this point no one is certain of any scum reads and sitting around here waiting isnt going to change that.

Be paralyzed with fear that we might be wrong about FS here just isnt really appropriate for D2 smh

Catch you all tomorrow night
FrozenFlame
FrozenFlame
Goon
FrozenFlame
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2404 (isolation #50) » Wed May 31, 2017 3:21 am

Post by FrozenFlame »

Sorry I'm late all, busy night last night.

I'm VT.

Gamma/Transcend claim contradiction means our play ought to be between the two of them today. Very heavily leaning GE considering he's been in my lynchpool pretty much all game and my analysis re: Transcend sticking his neck out for LaLight yesterday still stands. Don't see scum transcend doing that when we were basically on course to mislynch FS anyway.

Tammy targetting marshy is questionable at best. Sure, marshy was pseudo cleared since we're believing Lalight's claim but that just makes him an obvious target. Frankly, marshy was more likely to be targeted than Lalight because Lalight isn't a threat again until tonight if he's odd night cop and marshy flipping town does nothing to confirm lalight while lalight flipping town cop 100% clears marshy barring godfather type shit. Scum are smart and knew a marshy townflip doesnt clear lalight because scum can easy fake that result, thought I'm not sure Lalight was under so much pressure that it warranted him quick fake claiming cop with an uncontroversial clear on a townie to get focus off of him. All in all marshy looks like a good target to neighborize because he's a trusted pseudo cleared slot that can reliably report back on Tammy's ability, but a little more thought reveals that he's actually likely to be a top contender for the NK over LaLight. Ran and marshy I think are the two hardest "clears" in the game right now and with scum likely anticipating MYLO, they want to get rid of as many clear or close clears as possible.

Either way, as said above, tammy isn't a play today given Transcend/GE claim contradiction.

Mulch's jumpiness is unsettling as fuck.

Ran if you legitimately think I could be scum with GE and Ryker you've gotta be out of your mind. I've had GE in my lynch pool basically all game and I literally switched on having ryker as town to having him as scum lean for pretty much no reason other than I though he wasn't doing anything to maintain my town read of him. That's a flimsy ass bus if that's what you actually think that is, especially when ryker wasn't even being considered as a play at that point.

Not sure what to think about GE's whole 1/6 vs 1/9 alleged scum slip. Need to think about that some more and let all of this digest a bit.

Transcend's crumbs are meh. Don't necessarily ping as faked but the commuter crumb to mislead especially could have been fake context building from a skilled player with enough foresight to recognize that sending mixed crumb signals to confuse the scum would ostensibly look good. Basically the crumbs aren't enough to convince me but they don't make me question my already town lean on Transcend just by his play.

But yeah overall going to need to do some re-reading before I come down on this but very much preferring GE lynch over transcend right now and that won't be disturbed lightly
FrozenFlame
FrozenFlame
Goon
FrozenFlame
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2719 (isolation #51) » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:24 am

Post by FrozenFlame »

In post 2576, LaLight wrote:
In post 2571, Titus wrote:Ok, I think Gamma and Transcend are on opposite sides.

I also think Ramicus and Lalight are on separate sides.

Anyone disagree?
I disagree. Me and Ran on the opposite sides means that he is scum!dayvig which is nonsense. No, he's just wrong and I am afraid this grave mistake will cost us a game.

Gamma and Trans, yeah, of course, that's where we should pick a lynch for toDay.

Also, welcome!
Really like this post, reassures me about me townreading LaLight.
In post 2579, Titus wrote:I don't buy your role getting two false positives.
Why not? Ostensibly there are 3 scum and allegedly there are two false positives for gunsmith. In a game with a UB to help strengthen town investigative ability, why ought there not be 2 false positives to help off set the 3 potential scum gunsmith can hit when scum has no other defense against gunsmith? I can see why theres room for doubt here but I really don't see an argument for how there being two false positives by deliberate design for balance is out of the question.
In post 2627, Ranmaru wrote:
In post 2619, Ryker wrote: You think Lalight turns on Gamma IMMEDIATELY after the Transcend claim?
To distance, possibly.
Also Gamma isn't really trying right now.
I think Lalight knows what he is doing. Have you read the scum game he linked way earlier?
The bolded has been bothering the fuck out of me. If he's truly a VT and trascend comes out with a claim like that saying he's guilty of having a gun, why don't we see more from the slot? It's fucking MYLO and if I'm GE and I know someone is lying about me, I'd be frothing at the mouth pushing that lynch because I now know the guaranteed safe path to keeping town in the game. But we haven't gotten that at all. All we got was "lol guiz transcend is lying" and a crossvote with literally nothing helpful after that other than a few random one liners. Nothing substantive. It feels like GE just knows he's caught and doesn't want to potentially expose his scummates through more detailed interaction. He's just clamming up and hope transcend ropes himself thanks to growing paranoia re: the claims. If I were GE, and I KNEW that transcend was scum, which he should if GE is actually town, I'd be doing everything I could to build a case on transcend and bust this game wide open. But we've gotten the farthest thing from it, nothing but coasting and waiting.

Transcend is atleast trying on some level to get people on GE. Granted it hasn't been much more effort than transcend has put into any wagon he's endorsed this game but that typicality isn't undermining my faith in his claim nor my read on his gradually improving play this game.

Between these two the choice is clear to me. If GE is town, he's completely dropped the ball given the situation he's in, but I suspect he's just caught scum unsure of how this 50/50 will play out and wants to be conservative incase he gets lynch and we can then use his ISO to tease out the rest of the team. If transcend is scum, frankly he did a great job gambitting on supporting the Lalight claim and capitalizing on not really needing to do so and selling it for town cred. He really had no reason to do that unless both him and LaLight are scum which I just very strongly doubt at this point; they had no motive to help narrow the lynch pool yesterday the way they did by clearing marshy and removing LaLight from lynch contention through his claim. If Transcend is scum here I just been straight outplayed with help from townGE just rolling over and letting scum close the game out when he's the only person in the game who KNOWS who a mafiat is. There's just no way I see any good faith townie like GE is in this situation.

VOTE: Gamma Emerald

Sorry if I'm throwing this town but the more and more I read through this day phase I only feel more strongly about this. I'm kind of feeling ryker's frustrated sentiments here re: this game being draining thanks to zulfy/FS/tammy all barely playing and us getting baited/pseudo forced into dealing with those slots else face an impossible endgame. I ISO'd every dead player in the game D2 to help me decide whether to stay or switch on FS and that only lead me to join a mislynch so at this point I'm convince that our reads collectively have just been shit this game and that focusing on this 50/50 is the best way to build an understanding of this game from the ground up. My gut has been telling me GE all game so at this point that plus GE's general apathy with the keys to the game in hand if he's town is more than enough for me to say he's the play.
FrozenFlame
FrozenFlame
Goon
FrozenFlame
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2726 (isolation #52) » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:01 am

Post by FrozenFlame »

In post 2715, Mulch wrote:I'll prove myself town later today.

Ryker is being absolutely disgusting.

It's still prob gamma- Tammy- frozen, maybe ryker goes in with frozen
Wondering how you're going to prove you're town but looking forward to it. You and Ran basically get to decide the game at this point considering everyone else has voted and both wagons need two votes. Would be nice knowing our undecideds are both conf town.

Agreed that ryker is looking gross this dayphase. Tammy's slot is now too
In post 2721, Titus wrote:
In post 2720, Ranmaru wrote:At work. Approve of Gamma votes.
Not sure I do. As conftown, you should sit back and not steer until you have a good idea of both sides.
like lmao are you fucking kidding? You're telling our conftown to shut up and not guide votes? The conftown?! This is borderline scum slip, like how could you possibly want there to be less guaranteed town voice in fucking mylo when clearly the scum are looking to guide to a game ending mislynch. Just..... wow
In post 2723, Titus wrote:VOTE: Trans
oh I see you're probably scum trying to keep both wagons competitive so that Ran has a hard time picking. Make the choice look as close as possible to created FUD. Classic
In post 2724, Mulch wrote:When FF votes Gamma
Not sure what you mean?
FrozenFlame
FrozenFlame
Goon
FrozenFlame
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2731 (isolation #53) » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:14 am

Post by FrozenFlame »

In post 2727, Titus wrote:Nah, I want both wagons competitive because then if Ram picks correctly the game is over.
What are you talking about? Both wagons are at 3, and we need 5. Only mulch and Ran haven't voted. If Ran votes wrong is game over because a scum will jump to hammer unless all three scrum are wagoning together right now. If Ran picks right the game isn't over by a long shot. We still need to convince mulch to hammer if mulch is town or to bus his partner if mulch is scum. Or for someone else to change their mind and hammer/bus their partner. Ran only decides this game if he picks wrong and all three scum aren't voting together right now. Like.... what are you even thinking?
In post 2728, Mulch wrote:1) Obviouslty I can't prove myself confirmed town as VT? But I can prove myself town through a personal iso analysis

2) I think you and Gamma and Tammy are the team
1.) Alright well you said you could clear yourself which is pretty strong language but I get what you meant now.

2.) Dude how the fuck could you possibly believe that's the scum team? Literally the two people I've picked fights with in this game are GE and Tammy. GE has pretty much always been in my lynch pool, and frankly I antagonized tammy for no good reason. Why would I deliberately antagonize them both when neither of them was in top contention as a play? That's the shittiest bussing I've ever seen if that's what you think was going on. Like I would have just been blatantly conjuring reasons to fight with my partners for no goddamn reason. And do you seriously believe I'm looking to bus GE here and ride any credit I get from that to endgame? I've been on and off people's lynchpools all game. Why would I have the confidence to think I could get away with forcing a bus here and then riding the cred for a later phase win? If tammy and GE were my partners I'd be full blow attacking transcend and going for the win right now. I'm honestly shocked you think a me, GE, tammy team would be trying to play the long game right now.
FrozenFlame
FrozenFlame
Goon
FrozenFlame
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2732 (isolation #54) » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:18 am

Post by FrozenFlame »

In post 2722, LaLight wrote:VOTE: Gamma Emerald
dude if you're town you owe us more than this. If you're just going to post a no reasoning vote you could have done that ages ago. You can't just sit around undecided in a situation like this and then just plop down a vote once the votes start flying and not even explain why. I really want to believe you're town dude but you pulling shit like this is making me paranoid that you and transcend did in fact pull a combo gambit to clear and then kill marshy to make your fake cop claim look legit and set up for a one two punch endgame. like fuckkkkkkkk dude
FrozenFlame
FrozenFlame
Goon
FrozenFlame
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2733 (isolation #55) » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:21 am

Post by FrozenFlame »

Basically you voting like that makes it seem like you had already decided to vote GE but you didn't for ulterior reasons. If you're confident enough that GE is scum without even feeling it is necessary to explain what made you ultimately decide to throw the vote down, it it surprises me that you waiting until now to cast the vote. Like holy shit it looks shady.
FrozenFlame
FrozenFlame
Goon
FrozenFlame
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2745 (isolation #56) » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:51 am

Post by FrozenFlame »

In post 2735, Titus wrote:
In post 2731, FrozenFlame wrote:What are you talking about? Both wagons are at 3, and we need 5.
Yes.

And what I am hoping for is all town on one wagon, all scum on the other.
This completely contradicts your comment earlier about how you wanted Ran to be able to decide the game. The ideal scenario you just described literally precludes the possibility of Ran being able to unilaterally decide the game... Ran can only decide the game if scum are split and he votes wrong...

Like are you even paying attention to what you're saying?

@ LaLight:
Why are you ignoring me? :?

@ Ran:
Where's your head at right now dude? I really think Gamma is the right play here. Your comment re: him not even trying is so spot on its not even funny. What's holding you up?
FrozenFlame
FrozenFlame
Goon
FrozenFlame
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2903 (isolation #57) » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:02 pm

Post by FrozenFlame »

Sorry about the wait friends Im terrible activity wise over the weekends. Pretty frustrated that you checked me tbh LaLight, I thought my play yesterday was pretty fucking obvtown being #2 on the GE lynch after Trans. Would've been much better checking someone who wasnt on the GE wagon to see if we had any nonbussing scum. Frankly the fact that you picked me just makes me extra paranoid about you considering all you've had for us all game are innos. Conveniently clearing my, imo obvtown since yesterday slot versus going after someone more questionable (i.e. didn't vote/bus GE). Ugh.

Titus how exactly is ryker confscum from your perspective? Really need you to explain that more explicitly. Ryker crossvote is interesting. Technically we're out of blitz range at 4v2 though so not quite as conclusive might normally be the case here.

Is there any particular reason why we ought not no lynch today? Trans investigation is on deck again so pressure is on scum to remove that threat and give us another flip to work with else face possible results again. I feel like this option really needs to be discussed.

Titus and ryker are both gross af to me right now but need to slow this down a bit and think now that we finally have a scum flip. Don't expect much from me for the rest of the night, big smash tourney stream will have my attention. I'll be able to sit down and really start thinking through all that's in front of us tomorrow night probably.

If people have questions for me ask away. Just really trying to slow this game down a bit so I don't run into bait. Need to really parse out how strong the bus effort likely was yesterday
FrozenFlame
FrozenFlame
Goon
FrozenFlame
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3078 (isolation #58) » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:25 pm

Post by FrozenFlame »

Don't expect any quick decision from me here guys. I had a crazy busy day today and didn't get a chance to do the reading I wanted to do. Going to try to get through it as fast as I can but I have another busy day tomorrow so finding the optimal play here is definitely a WIP for me. Apologies if people are trying to wrap this game up quick but frankly I'd feel like I was truly throwing the game if I didn't pace myself here. If im gonna fuck this up and throw the game, I want to atleast be able to say I tried my best and didn't get lazy under pressure.

Mod: Official vote count & deadline post asap please? Would be much obliged

Transcend, gonna be honest bro right now I have you as my strongest townread. If you need to talk shit out with me lets do it. From my surface level read of today I'm not picking up on any specific questions directed at me but you've said you want to hear from me. Just lay it down and Ill get @ you.

Generally I'm still a bit confused as to why no lynching here isn't the play. For starters we overall get a more robust mathematical advantage. Going from 4-2 to 3-2 risk free is a free (.4-.33)% edge. Why not force scum to move and rule out potential scum combos? And plus the payoff for no lynch now is even greater than the mere odds edge by virtue of info production pressure. Going into night 4 scum have pressure to:

- Kill me as a townread cop clear (I present as a nonviable endgame lynch target and thus must be dealt with else be a necessary persuasion target)

- Kill Transcend who pressures via gunsmith claim

- Kill Titus (if they're concerned about losing titus as a viable mislynch when getting confirmation of her inheritance of her ability would stand in stark contrast to all the convenient fuck ups)

With so much split pressure, forcing the scum to move gives us more info re: what they actually fear and thus what their likely envision path to endgame is. And again, we gain all of this information at no cost. Yes, we lose likely a strong and useful town voice in me or transcend, but still, the info gained will only stand to benefit the surviving party. If transcend is scum then I've pretty much come to terms with the fact that I've been outplayed by an insane bus gambit and that's that. So basically what I'm saying is I don't see any particularly prejudicial to the town wincon to sacrifice a single town voice for all of these informational and odds benefits. Plus if we mandate titus targets me with her ability overnight and trans checks titus, we're guaranteed to get info re: that slot. If I live you get cleared info that her ability works or doesnt. If I die, trans can clear/condemn titus. Guaranteed info like that going into true 3-2 lylo could be absolutely crucial and really force the scum's hand assuming we succeed in lynching scum D5.

Basically unless someone can give me a VERY compelling, well explained reason why town stands to gain some sort of advantage by going all in, against the odds and free information, and trying to nail the scum lynch here and then just NLing to get a 2-1 lylo, that's where my vote goes for now

VOTE: No Lynch

I'm completely down to talk about whatever needs to be discussed before we lose a useful voice, but still I think the mathematical and information advantages are silly to pass up when town seems to have power tempo this game.

Don't take this post as me absolutely refusing to lynch today. I can be persuaded but I honestly just can't see how that's optimal play here. If someone can demonstrate what we stand to lose by going the NL lynch route, I'll certainly reconsider. I need more time to ISO GE and re-read yesterday so get a handle on how his wagon evolved. Really having a hard time deciding what the bus situation likely was.
FrozenFlame
FrozenFlame
Goon
FrozenFlame
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3084 (isolation #59) » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:19 pm

Post by FrozenFlame »

In post 3079, Mulch wrote:1) can your read me thing and respond

2) My only worry about no lynching is that 1) We give scum more time to plan out a strategy when they may have been taken by surprise that I am attacking Lalight 2) They're gonna kill the most confirmed townie here (most likely Transcend cause he is even night) and then we will be down to deciding LyLo with one less competetent townie yet still the same 5 suspects,
so it would be the exact same situation, but worse because no candidate for lynching would ever get killed.

Other than that it's a pretty solid arguement and I'd be down for it if you don't want to lynch Lalight.
I need you to clarify what you mean in the bold. Isn't it true that this holds regardless of if we NL now? The lynchpool wont narrow through NKs by your proposition because of functional clears. How is this progression at all impacted by whether or not we NL now, versus D5 assuming we get scum today?
In post 3080, Transcend wrote:Frozen don't no lynch today please.
Dude this is seriously not good enough I need to hear an actual reason. The fact that I'm up against resistance for free value without even hearing the highlights of how the theory behind how we're better served by going all in here is a bit frustrating.
In post 3083, Mulch wrote:Why did all 3 people ignore my post?
Didn't ignore it but I only skimmed it so I didn't respond because of my incomplete review. Trying to take a closer look at the more substantive posts tomorrow.
FrozenFlame
FrozenFlame
Goon
FrozenFlame
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3088 (isolation #60) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:48 am

Post by FrozenFlame »

In post 3086, Transcend wrote:Frozen:
In post 2954, Transcend wrote:lemme table this out since you're being stubborn

NL today and I die = 1 clear (Frozen) 4 unclears

NL today and I live = I either get a guilty or an inno among 2 mafia alive.

Lynch today and I die = 1 clear (Frozen) 3 unclears AND FROM THERE YOU CAN NL

Lynch today and I live = I either get a hard inno or a hard guilty. With only one mafia left.

Lynching today is better whether I live or die.
This table in no way engages with the fact that there is inherent cost to lynching today vs. no lynching. We sacrifice the .4 - .33 statistical edge and all of the potential scum teams that people might compose with me and you in them despite what I would argue is our cleared status. We also sacrifice potentially going into 3 - 2 with two "cleared" townies. If I die, you can check Titus which resolves that slot putting you in a position to nail a 2/3 chance to lynch scum D5. If you die, I'm basically in the same position except instead of a gun-check result on Titus I get to confirm whether or not she actually got the neighborizer power and thus whether she actually is a backup of some sort, which leans heavily town here IMO. Therefore, I'm in the same position to hit scum with a 2/3 chance between ryker, mulch, and lalight. Not bad odds at all.

So yes town uses someone useful in either you or me, but frankly can you really say that just having quick lynch protection and being able to communicate live during lylo decision making is worth setting up for a 2/3 shot in lylo? I mean, if titus is bad, our plan basically confirms we out her for D5 which is a free pass into 2 - 1 endgame. So yeah I'm really having a hard time seeing whats gained by taking a game ending chance at far worse odds right now. Yes, eventually we'll have to "all in" but you always have to in lylo, which is unavoidable. If we have a pressure release valve option before having to all in, and we can optimize our chances before the all in, why not do so? And yes though being able to avoid quicklynch is handy if people are feeling particularly jumpy, but Id like to believe that no townie in their right mind would go into D5 3 - 2 and just slap down a vote without realizing they were risking a quickhammer if their vote is TvT. I mean that's just basic endgame awareness, I don't think that's too much to ask for or expect from players here. Not to mention the added advantage of knowing definitively whether you have a TvS or SvS crossvote when someone votes in 3 - 2 and there's no quick hammer.

Anyway, not trying to be stubborn here but I'm just honestly still unpersuaded that we ought make the potentially game ending call right now. I don't see what unique advantage we have just by virtue of transcend and I both being alive and able to vote when we make the decision, versus us discussing who we think the final scum team combos could be, contingent on info we can get on titus, and then trusting the survivor to make the much easier call in 3 - 2, or just nail the free scum lynch upon guilty confirmation.
FrozenFlame
FrozenFlame
Goon
FrozenFlame
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3092 (isolation #61) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:36 am

Post by FrozenFlame »

In post 3089, Transcend wrote:If we do not lynch

Obv town me or conf town you WILL die.

We lose a DEPENDABLE SOURCE in the fucking game.

We really need to get aggressive with this and we need to do it now, not later.
Ok I get that its nice to have other cleared or universally read town slots around in endgame but Im not sure what this dependability nets us. Like whats stopping you from providing your reads and proposition for the ideal play today, us going NL to get the stats and info edge, and then even if you die, I and the other townies still have your reads and guidance to work with even if you aren't in the game anymore?
In post 3090, Transcend wrote:There's likely a 0% chance i survive tonight. I don't want scum to freely kill me without me lynching them before that happens.
Same as above. How does you probably dying over night in a NL going to prejudice the towns ability to nail the final scum if you already have ample opportunity in this day phase to explain what you think the best plays are going forward? You can easily provide us with reads and contingent reads depending on whether titus is able to confirm to me and such.

Bleh. Idk I guess we're just not seeing eye to eye on this. You seem to be really adamant that we must lynch today and my objective analysis doesn't seem to hold any weight with you. With everyone else crossvoting Im not sure if I can get a NL coalition without your support. I'm willing to move forward on this if y'all are unpersuadable but man I really feel like we're giving up a freebie by forgoing the NL.

So talk to me trans, what are you feeling? There's a part of me that really wants to believe that its ryker/titus and we're giving the scum too much credit by assuming they bussed when there was a very competitive wagon on you that they had a realistic chance I think of pushing through for the win.

I understand where mulch is coming from on LaLight but I'm having trouble placing his partner if its LaLight scum. It could be you and LaLight I supposed but goddamn that is a crazy gambit you two pulled off and at this point Im willing to say that you two cant be partners and if you are we've all been seriously outplayed. If Lalight is bad, who with?

Mulch has been tough for me to read all game but my gut leans town and I'll need some serious convincing if people want him as the play.

Still haven't had the time I need to really do my own thorough research here so really just trying to get some substantive discussion going here to help me focus on key elements of each slot's play.
FrozenFlame
FrozenFlame
Goon
FrozenFlame
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3146 (isolation #62) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:59 pm

Post by FrozenFlame »

Well fuck...

This is what I was trying to avoid by slowing the game down ;_;

So it was GE/Ryker/Transcend. Fuck, brutal. I was really leaning Ryker/Titus. Shocked @ Transcend scum, pulled some crazy shit that he didn't have to, but damn did it work out

Should've realized it was really suspicious that you were so against NL with really no strong reason why. Would've made you look pretty damn sketchy if I died over you when clearly your claim was the bigger threat. I should've held my ground more and pushed harder for the NL.

Anyway gg guys. Kind of kicking myself for not pushing ryker harder but frankly I have a feeling I wouldve ended up being ok with titus lynch and made the same mistake even after more deliberation. Part of me wants to believe marshalling a ryker lynch was in the cards but hey thems the breaks.

GGs all, had fun this game. Finally lynching one scum was a breath of fresh air after getting steamrolled over at XKCD lol
FrozenFlame
FrozenFlame
Goon
FrozenFlame
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3149 (isolation #63) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:03 pm

Post by FrozenFlame »

Oh wait it was Mulch/Transcend/GE?
FrozenFlame
FrozenFlame
Goon
FrozenFlame
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3158 (isolation #64) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:10 pm

Post by FrozenFlame »

Well damn, if it was GE/Mulch/Transcend then I almost certainly wouldve messed this up unless I caught something big on reread. Damn, well played scum.

What were other scum PRs?
In post 3152, marshy wrote:transcend is my alt btw
lol wut?
FrozenFlame
FrozenFlame
Goon
FrozenFlame
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3170 (isolation #65) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:49 pm

Post by FrozenFlame »

From the spoiled dead thread:
fyi im personally against no lynching in mylo cuz you hav more townies to influence the decision and should always hav a decent scumread at that moment
I see where you're coming from but the problem here was none of the townies really had strong reads. We were all over the place. Pretty much everyone other than me had one vote on them by another player cross voting and I was on NL. If thats not a strong indication that more town voice isn't helping I don't know what is. Townies can be helpful if they have strong reads and good theory to back em up. Here everyone in the town was confused, myself include. Hence why I wanted to push the stats edge, force scum to make a move, and use that info to narrow possibilities.
I hope town realizes there's something off about Transcend flat-out ignoring FF's arguments and desperately pushing for a lynch. Read between the lines, people
I realized something was off, but it wasn't enough to make me consider a transcend lynch over any other slot prior to me getting a chance to re-read =(

Blah, really wish I had put more effort into persuading folks on the NL, we really had nothing to lose...
FrozenFlame
FrozenFlame
Goon
FrozenFlame
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3224 (isolation #66) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:51 am

Post by FrozenFlame »

In post 3223, Titus wrote:
In post 3221, marshy wrote:swf
What site is this?
Smash World Forums, the original name of what is now actually named SmashBoards. It's the central online hub for all things competitive Smash Bros. We had an incredibly robust mafia sub-community there from about 2007 - 2012ish or so I'd say. It's mostly a ghost town now though =(
FrozenFlame
FrozenFlame
Goon
FrozenFlame
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3226 (isolation #67) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:30 am

Post by FrozenFlame »

Afaik games were still running at a fairly good pace for like a year or two after I graduated undergrad in 2012, so I doubt it had anything to do with my waning activity =P

Many vets did start fading away though and that certainly mustve contributed to the slow down.

You're right though, playing mafia isn't hard to pick up again, but I think strong scum hunting skills atrophy without flexing those muscles. I definitely have been finding it tough to develop good reads on people.

What's the best career then? Spy? Undercover cop? lol
FrozenFlame
FrozenFlame
Goon
FrozenFlame
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3227 (isolation #68) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:31 am

Post by FrozenFlame »

Or am I derping really hard and you're literally referring to being a real life mafiat as the best career for teaching mafia? lol
FrozenFlame
FrozenFlame
Goon
FrozenFlame
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3235 (isolation #69) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:45 pm

Post by FrozenFlame »

In post 3232, Ryker wrote:In its heyday, SWF had by FAR the highest average player level of any community I've played in and I think I'm spoiled as a result.
Couldn't agree more. SWF leading up to the creation of Dgames as a separate subforum from Forum Games and then for a couple years thereafter was by far the most competitive mafia community I've ever played in. Not that MS here doesn't have quality players, but on SWF there was very little low level play and thus the overall quality of play was not at all diluted. Unfortunately, just by virtue of the much larger community size here, that dilution phenomenon takes place here and in many other communities.

SWF just had sooooo many heavy hitters and they would always be in games together by virtue of the fact that high level players were the plurality of players. I remember the golden age of Dgames very fondly. So many great personalities with intellect and a competitive mindset to boot. Not all that surprising considering most people who take smash bros games seriously enough to join and actively post on a site devoted almost entirely to competitive play are going to bring that same mindset to mafia. The nature of smashboards itself was self selecting for people who enjoy learning games with depth and take playing to wincon seriously.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”